View vacation packages to

2. Bahamas hotel reviews
  3. Bahamas hotel reviews
  4. Nassau hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of BahaSea Backpackers

Reviews of BahaSea Backpackers This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

West Bay Street, Nassau, Bahamas

#1 of 36 hotels in Nassau

Based on 697 hostel reviews

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: June 13, 2019

SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!!!
    • Bunk Bed in Male Dormitory Room

One thing I really didn’t like about this property and really discussed me is that I’m not the owner!!!! LOL!!!!

Wow!!! Where should I begin!?!? Well.... the staff is vary friendly like most Bahamians!!! Even the other guests who stayed here were very friendly. The beach front view is something like out of a “wish you were here” post card. The first time I stayed here last year, I was a little skeptical about sharing space with foreign strangers and I’m sure others guests felt the same way. But in actuality, I really met some cool people on my first and second visit and definitely planning to stay here on my next visit. As strange as this my seem, I have family that lives here and who I have the option to stay with for free but this place is beautiful in so many ways! Part of the reason I also stay here is because I really see parental in this place so I choose to spend my money here to help cover financial needs for future renovations. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS!!!! Oh!! Yeah!! Almost forgot..... the price to stay here is unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Reviewed: June 12, 2019

Nice stay but room for improvements.. Bahama's are very expensive even in a hostel...
    • Bed in 4-Bed Male Dormitory Room

Communication with hostel very hard, bad guest which they didn't take actions for, more electricity plugs near beds needed and expensive taxi to and from thé airport 20 USD one ways! No bus service when leaving early...

Great hostel, Nice rooms ,exciting little beach to snorkel..and swimming Pools !

• Reviewed: June 11, 2019

Great value for solo travelers; superb location; refreshing pool and beach area.
    • Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

beds are not very comfortable, but I was not in Nassau to sleep or lounge my days away. needs better location for smokers - it's not a smoke-free facility. sometimes the smoke from people smoking outside drifted into the sleeping areas.

location is perfect - on the bus route, near a grocery, shops, and restaurants while being away from the downtown area. Kitchen space is wonderful and there is space for your groceries - and space for preparing meals, including a dining table. The value is suburb for those willing to share space with other travelers. I have now stayed in both the dorm and the private rooms and would stay in both again, depending on my travel itinerary and how much alone time I needed. Because it's a hostel, you can also be as social or not as social as you want. Everyone I met was super friendly an I felt safe while staying at the property. I generally travel solo and have never had any issues at this property.

• Reviewed: June 6, 2019

• Economy Double Room

By far the worst stage of our lives we had no television there was no ice on the property we didn’t even have running water The pool was closed we had no view of the outside whatsoever

• Reviewed: June 5, 2019

Perfect stay if the sleep would have not gotten interrupted.
    • Queen Room with Sea View

There is supposed to be a quite time from 10 pm on but it was always very loud. People were partying every night and no one stopped them. A night concierge is recommended therefore.

Very nice location with sort of a private beach. We will definitely come back therefore. The staff was also friendly and helpful. Close to the airport and downtown Nassau but peaceful location.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2019

Very clean and well kept.
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Very clean and well kept. Staff is absolutely fantastic, so helpful and kind. They really try to make sure that every guest is well taken care of. Right on the water. All around a fantastic spot to stay, highly recommend.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2019

The location is amazing!
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The location is the best! Even on a resort I have never been situated right on the water like this. Stunning!

The location is amazing! Righty on the ocean :). Great vibe with a mix of people all wanting to explore the Bahamas.

• Reviewed: May 23, 2019

Perfect place to stay
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

There is nothing to criticize. Fully in love with this place.

The place is just stunning, very nice staff, clean, confortable. The rooms are nice, same as photos. There is a space u can lock under the bed, big enough to fit ur luggages, and easy to store it. I spent 5 nights there and 4 in airbnbs or hotel, but i was more confortable in this hostel than anywhere else. Beds are clean, confortable, much much better than i expected. There is kitchen in both buildings, you can cook / prepare ur food. There are living rooms to chill and many terraces. The two pools are just as amazing as the pool areas. It has private beach which is amazing and beautiful. I was lucky as well on my staying meeting a lot of people, made a lot of friends. If i am back to bahamas i am defo staying here again. The best thing what happened to me in bahamas. Love this place! Thank u staff, for the amazing time!!!

• Reviewed: May 21, 2019

This place is so beautiful.

BRING BUG REPELLENT!

This place is so beautiful. You wake up and the ocean is right there at your disposal for a swim at any moment. Everything is really clean, and having access to a kitchen AND a grocery store nearby is super convenient. Loved it here!

• Reviewed: May 20, 2019

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at.

No complaints at all.

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. It's right on the water, next to a great little beach. The sunrises were stunning! The staff are friendly, helpful and knowledgable. The location is prefect as it's right on the bus route to town and the airport.

• Reviewed: May 13, 2019

The best hostel I've stayed in so far.
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The best hostel I've stayed in so far. Exceptionally friendly and helpful personel. The hostel is located outside of downtown in a quiet residential district - 10 min drive from the airport, nearest supermarket - 10 min walk. It's a great place for solo travelers as you can meet there so many great people.

• Reviewed: May 13, 2019

Excellent option for solo travellers!
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The WiFi was down a few times throughout my stay but I didn't come to the Bahamas to sit on my phone. Sometimes the water shuts off but it usually comes back on within a few minutes (if I wanted luxury I would have shelled out on a resort). My only other issue was sometimes the people staying there can be really noisy past 10 pm so bring ear plugs.

This was my first time staying at a hostel and it was fantastic. The staff were lovely, the location was perfect. If you are travelling alone, staying here is a fantastic option as you'll meet loads of other solo travellers. Plus, there's a kitchen so you can save some cash by cooking your own food.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2019

This is an epic place to stay in paradise
    • Bed in 4-Bed Male Dormitory Room

some of the hostel rooms the shower was in a bath & it was awkward at times to shower properly. Also the Chef was away so there was no Breakfast no nothing. Not even coffee to compensate as it was part of the room rates. The lady at the front desk got upset w/me when i got asked to moved cause she put me in a room w/2 guys and said its a mixed u should know. WOW safety not noted at all.

the location the set up the place ! its was purely amazing !! i couldn't imagine it to be as beautiful as it was !

• Reviewed: May 11, 2019

What a stunning hostel!
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

There is nothing that I don’t like about this place.

What a stunning hostel!! The best hostel ever,its close to everything. 5 mins walk to Wendy’s and Marcos pizza and the grocery store or 2 mins walk to all the restaurants behind all the Sandyport condos. The ocean is right behind the hostel,you could sea it fro Your bed. The people are are staying are very friendly and chill and very social. The staffs are so helpful and never hesitate to go out of their way to help you. You could ask them at anytime for any help. John is very kind and helpful and polite. Everyone working here are just super sweet:(

• Reviewed: May 9, 2019

Very good hostel
    • Double Room with Sea View

Doors are a bit thin IF you have noisy neighbors.

The hostel is right by the sea, we slept well, the room was spacious and John helped us with everything.

• Reviewed: May 2, 2019

I spent 3 nights at this hostel.
    • Bunk Bed in Male Dormitory Room

I spent 3 nights at this hostel. it is a very nice hostel and clean with a very nice view. Samantha and her colleagues were very welcoming. Thank you.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2019

In love with BahaSea!
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Unfortunatelly the E-Mail communication isn‘t the best one.

The place is amazing! I love BahaSea and will come back! Thank you so much for the great time you gave me!

• Reviewed: April 24, 2019

all rooms I saw are seafront and the terraces and public...

Nothing really

all rooms I saw are seafront and the terraces and public rooms are fab- so nice :-) comfortable box mattress beds - even the bunk beds are perfect. And Toni, the French chef in residence is a wizard with French crepes for breakfast - stuff you won't even find at a 4 or 5 star hotel!

• Reviewed: April 23, 2019

I enjoyed every second of my stay!
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Wifi doesn't work upstairs, but that didn't affect the experience! It would just be nice to have wifi in the dorms.

I enjoyed every second of my stay! The view is the highlight of the place, it's even better than the pictures. You get a private beach all to yourself. I was travelling solo but I met so many people it didn't even feel that way. Luna and Sam are the best, they always have a smile on their faces and make you feel welcome!

• Reviewed: April 21, 2019

Great location, 7 mins from airport and 20 mins to downtown...
    • Bed in 4-Bed Male Dormitory Room

They are going through renovations to improve the hostel and they will be providing a restaurant menu, since there is only a breakfast menu available at the moment.

Great location, 7 mins from airport and 20 mins to downtown by bus (1.25$) and nice restaurants and grocery store across the street. Nice open and the sea breeze travels through the building. Good design with an amazing view of the ocean. Nice little private beach where we can go swim. They offer many different activities like yoga outside looking at the sea, swimming with pigs and many more. I would definitely go back :)

• Reviewed: April 20, 2019

Ba ha sea ya not if you can stay elsewhere
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Most of the staff aside for the day shift does not speak English. Asking for basic things is impossible due to the language barriers. If u arrive after dark and want to visit a nearby resort without previous contact w taxi driver your not going to be able find one therefore your stuck so make sure to get everything you need before coming here for the evening. I left here with insect and or spider bites. I’ve stayed at other places in Nassau and have not been bitten. If you like to sleep past 6am this is not for you as there will be no way to sleep from other guests partying to construction the noise not allow for restful sleep.

Good location on the bus line with beautiful views two pools and affordable make this a clear choice for the value minded solo traveler. Easy check in with no hidden fees.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2019

Breathtaking views - must stay at Nassau!
    • Queen Room with Sea View

The bed was uncomfortable, it dipped in the middle :(

The most amazing views!! Friendly and helpful staff who can organise transport, tours and the needs.

• Reviewed: April 17, 2019

Amazing choice
    • Bed in 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Remember you will need to pay a tax fee once you check-in.

The best thing I did was staying in Bahasea instead of the expensive but quiet hotels. It was incredible!

• Reviewed: April 16, 2019

Gorgeous beach sea view, one of the best in the city.
    • Bunk Bed in Male Dormitory Room

Gorgeous beach sea view, one of the best in the city. Amazing kind staff. Very clean. Lots of traveller stay here, so was very easy to make new friends. Grocery store close by. Bus stops right outside the front door. Has a gym across the street. Would stay again in a heart beat.

• Reviewed: April 14, 2019

We had never stayed in a hostel before, and were pleasantly surprised!
    • Economy Double Room

See above note. Would love to have access to a bar on the premises.

I would go somewhere else for breakfast in the future. When we first went upstairs, no-one was there. We had to look for the person who was doing the cooking. I'd rather have a little more choice of dishes. Despite this, we would return...and we've already recommended it to others on our trip!

• Reviewed: April 14, 2019

nice place, but very quite and boring.
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

there's a very strange atmosphere. its not a social place where you go to meet people like most hostels. there's no bar and quite time is after 10:00pm. there isn't much in the area either so everyone seemed very bored with no idea what to do. its like being in a bad yoga retreat hostel that's trying to build a bar. it doesn't make sense. they need to pick a direction and stick to it.

delicious crepe breakfast for $10

• Reviewed: April 13, 2019

Perfect place to stay for a quiet time in the Bahamas.
    • Bunk Bed in Male Dormitory Room

The shower head in the women's restroom was a trickle, but everything else was fantastic.

It was such a peaceful and quiet place! I really enjoyed being able to relax in the Bahamas without the hustle and bustle of downtown Nassau.

• Reviewed: April 11, 2019

Perfect location in front of the sea, staff super friendly.
    • Bunk Bed in Male Dormitory Room

The bar is not opened yet. ;)

Perfect location in front of the sea, staff super friendly. French breakfast is very good. We can swim with the 🐖 here! I highly recommend this hostel!!

• Reviewed: April 8, 2019

Stunning views
    • Bed in 4-Bed Male Dormitory Room

They tried to 'upgrade' us to a 8 bed dorm when we had booked a 4 bed. They said they were renovating but ended up finding us a 4 bed dorm to stay in. The floors smelt like feet, need washing with disinfectant. WiFi didn't reach our room at all and the signal was weak on that side of the hostel. Had to go closer to reception and the kitchen to get proper connection. A lot of broken snorkel gear for hire. Pillows were lumpy.

The location is stunning! It is a little out of the way from things and taxis are expensive, but a really nice area. I recommend renting a car. The views are perfect. The staff were friendly. Good atmosphere. Plenty of common spaces for relaxing and a big kitchen and fridges. Recommend crossing the road to Sandyport Marina to see some gorgeous houses and buildings. We had some delicious food and drinks at the Twisted Lime. Wendy's and a supermarket is nearby for some cheaper options.

• Reviewed: April 7, 2019

• Bunk Bed in Male Dormitory Room

Too many mosquitoes in the bathrooms and in the dorm. They are very active at night time. I used tons of repellent ( should be > 20%DEET) and had to put self made screens around my bed at night . My neighbors who did not use any prevention had multiple bites all over. if you like swimming watch out for jet skiers - locals who offer jet ski rentals drive recklessly and come very close.

Great location. Overall, quiet hostel in a good sense. Very safe for solo female traveler. Nice pools, great decks for sunbathing with outstanding sea views! I saw stingrays directly from the deck... Not bad for snorkeling if the water is quiet - you will see schools of fish literally not far away from the entrance to the water. There is a small beach which belongs to the hostel or you can walk/swim to nearby Sandyport Beach ( which is very quiet ). Kitchen has all you need if you want to cook and supermarket is 10 mins walking distance. I met people from all over the world and had a wonderful time! $5 ride to airport if you share the ride with another person.

• Reviewed: April 7, 2019

Great, clean, chilled out hostel in a good location
    • Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

We had a private room directly outside the common area, though this isn't the hostels fault we had people sat literally the other side of our door talking, laughing, using phones and this isn't great when you want to sleep! Again, not the hostels fault but rather the layout of the rooms I guess.

The hostel was chilled, people sitting around doing their own thing. Great views onsite, theres a supermarket 10 mins away for anything you need. Shuttle buses very cheap and take you right into downtown.... host was very friendly, always helping and giving advice of things to do and see. We had a private room which was all fine

• Reviewed: March 31, 2019

nice lovelly place even is still under renovation. the help desk staff could be more helpful
    • Bed in 4-Bed Male Dormitory Room

the cleaning staff were helpful, the front desk yes and no. i got trouble with my credit card for the payment, and i asked to try to use the chip of the card instead make trought internet, coz sometimes doesn’t work,she didn’t listen, i asked to make a bank transfer, but she told me, she’s working there the only one who could decide is the owner and she wasn’t going to bother him/her for a small thing like this one. i got pretty frustrated and almost angry with her, after a while, that i went to withdrawal money at the bank without successed, she tried again my card and this time finally she used the chip, and all goes well. the rest went fine

the position right on the sea side is pretty awesome, a bit away from the city center, but is a nice escape from the noise

• Reviewed: March 29, 2019

Nothing more than a budget option
    • Economy Double Room

Looks unfinished in areas -construction sounds all around the property. The WiFi is very poor. 10am Checkout. $20 deposit for each beach towel

Awesome location, right on the water. Beautiful views from deck. Bus comes right by property

• Reviewed: March 23, 2019

Pleasant but had to check out 1 day early due to the mosquitoes and shower situation
    • Bunk Bed in Male Dormitory Room

First, my friends and I didn’t get the room we booked on booking.com. We had booked a 4 bed female only dormitory. But when we checked in, we were sent to the 12 bed female dormitory. And when I tried to pull up the booking confirmation, it no longer says 4 bed. I would never book a 12 bed dormitory since we wanted a little bit more privacy, not to share with 9 other strangers. So either booking.com changed it on us or the hotel did without telling us. I let it go but on the way out when we checked out, we overheard another couple having the same exact issue complaining they didn’t get the room they originally booked online. So just a warning to other people who are considering of booking this property on booking.com. Make sure to take a picture of what you booked immediately after you book it so they don’t change it on you secretly. Second, I booked oceanview but the door to the balcony was completely shut and taped off with duck tape as if it was broken. So the whole time we couldn’t open the balcony door to see the pretty view while staying in a stuffy 12 bed dorm. Third, there’s only 1 shower to share with 11 other girls and the water pressure is non existent and the shower head wasn’t even on the wall, if I wanted to wash my long hair I had to hold the shower head with one hand and rub shampoo with the other or turn the shower off to shampoo then turn it back on to rinse. It was a nightmare to wash hair there. Fourth, mosquitoes, mosquitos, and more mosquitoes! You would think If there are so many of them the hotel would put some sort of mosquito killing oil or trap box to reduce the chance people are getting bite. I was getting eaten alive! Lastly, the dryer doesn’t work so if you want to wash your clothes, you have to hang them up to get the damp air to try to dry your clothes. Luckly for me, one of the staff Luna put my laundry in her staff dryer then folded up for me. So I was very thankful for that.

The location and the surrounding view. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Luna and Kelly in particular were extra courteous and went above and beyond to help me

• Reviewed: March 20, 2019

lovely place, in a great location, rooms for 4 people has...
    • Double Room with Sea View

lovely place, in a great location, rooms for 4 people has plenty of space, nice concept overall, with lots of space for everybody to chill out. well organized and clean. only little things here and there that needs some repairs but we saw they are working on it. We will go back.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2019

Wish I could have stayed longer.
    • Economy Triple Room

Nothing really. They are still doing some construction, but it did not interfere. I had a private room on the ground floor so it was noisy and too close to the road.

Awesome location on the water. Nice facilities. Comfortable. I am usually nervous about hostels while traveling, but this was special. The people and staff were kind and warm and welcoming. I wish I could have stayed longer.

• Reviewed: March 12, 2019

Outstanding location in a budget accommodation in paradise
    • Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

WiFi intermittent and there was building work onsite (bit not too intrusive to be honest)

The location is stunning, even better than the website. The onsite facilities such as two pools, access to sea swimming and beach are outstanding for this budget accommodation. We wished we had stayed for more than 2 nights!

• Reviewed: March 5, 2019

amazing place, staff is TOP, views from private rooms are EPIC, book it
    • Quadruple Room with Sea View

one morning we got coffee at reception - we never repeated the same mistake again :-) - I never say about food its discusting but this liquid in our mugs had nothing to do with a coffee :-) So we would not recommend to pay 2-3dollars for a coffee here and rather take a walk to nearest coffee shops. Then its fair to say, we always opted for breakfast outside of the property so maybe coffee served for breakfast was nice.... This was the only tiny negative thing about our whole stay

we were a group of 3 friends and booked private room for 4 people with private balcony AMAZING and private bathroom [ bathroom was really funny cause its has huge windows, suppose due to natural light from the outside - and those windows are just over the beds in bedroom..so if someone is having a shower or sitting at toilet people can see him...so funny :-) - we loved our room! I stayed at the first floor and my two friends stayed in double bed at ground floor - rooms and the whole property is even cooler than in pics..in pics it looks too clean too tidy too perfect and in reality is beyond perfect but really cool - location is amazing, a bit far away from a downtown but 5mins by walk to restaurants, pharmacy, supermarket, coffee shops - we stayed for 6 days I think or maybe 5 and absolutely loved our stay...was end of the season we have been told, so we had beach just for our selves some days... whole locations and staff in BAHASEA is absolutely absolutely amazing and we agreed we will recommend this place to everyone - staff here is just super super sweet - also, what we liked was the fact that it was very quite here all the time. When we booked we were a bit worried that in hostel it will be busy and noisy, parties all night longs but it felt like pension house - which we absolutely loved!!! :-) then again it was probably due to the fact that it was end of the season - I give you 10 out of 10 points

• Reviewed: March 4, 2019

Nice play to visit.. Please do not work there
    • Bed in 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

NOT A PLACE TO WORK.. OWNER REALLY RUDE WITH THE STAFF. NO ACTIVITIES EXCEPT WEIRD PIG SWIM TOO MUCH CONSTRUCTION IN THE BUILDING

Nice play to stay.. Nice view..

• Reviewed: March 4, 2019

Fantastic location and million dollar view
    • Bed in 4-Bed Male Dormitory Room

We originally booked 4 beds dorm from booking.com but when we checked in and saw the room, it looks not the same as the picture. It was in the basement next to the laudry room kind of humid and cramped. But Louna/Helen offered us the 2nd floor 9 beds mix dorm instead and we were able to take the two beds at the loft. So turned out great at the end. The issue is 9 ppl dorm share 1 bathroom so sometimes it was a long wait and the pluming was not great.Though the bathroom is nice and big. Some guests in the hostel were inconsiderate. They didn't clean up after themselves or throwing cigarettes butts at the common area. So it is ashamed.

The location is perfect for us to be close to the beach and away from busy downtown. And the view was pictures perfect.We were relaxed from the moment we checked in to departure. We took local bus from the airport to the hostel ($1.25usd) hostel sent me the exact instruction and took the airport shuttle provided by the hostel to the airport ($5 pp) . Location is convenient with supermarkets, liquor store and restaurants within 10 min walk. You can take local bus to downtown just outside of the hostel for ($1.25) The hostel is clean thanks to hardworking housekeepers and friendly Louna. Receptionist is helpful especially Kelly and Helen. We were able to snorkel right from the beach below the hostel and saw some nice fish. We even saw a few stingray from the balcony. Wifi and hot water was great. We were in 9 beds mix dorm but luckily we were at the loft so it was like our little private area so work out perfectly. This mix dorm has a balcony and high ceiling so it is not claustrophobic.I really enjoy the common living and dining area on the 2nd floor. It is very spacious and nicely decorated. Kichen is functional and there are free food leftover so check them out first before doing the grocery. Pools were clean and cool, perfect for the hot day. Overall I highly recommended the hostel.

• Reviewed: March 2, 2019

Bahamas Getaway
    • Economy Double Room

We had a private room and they didn't come in to empty the bins and sweep like they did in the shared rooms. One of the staff behind reception didn't seem to know many answers to my questions when asked, would be good to have everyone on the same page.

Staff were really friendly, it was right on the beach and close to loads of amenities! They offered lots of stuff to do for a reasonable price and in general the place was really nice.

• Reviewed: March 1, 2019

Stunning views, quiet neighbourhood, friendly staff
    • Queen Room with Sea View

The hot tub didn't work so it was just a bath :-).

Location is a little bit out of the centre but closer to the airport, this means you don't have the busy streets and you can get to the airport quickly and the surroundings are quiet. The views are just stunning, almost a perfect seaview. The staff is very friendly and tries to help you as well as they can :-)!

• Reviewed: February 28, 2019

Bad hotel but nice view and really nice visitors.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Male Dormitory Room

So I know that this hostel is open since one year but that isn't an excuse for what happened. My vacation started with the news that I'm not going to stay in the same room as my friend even though we booked it together... which is a no go for me. But the owner was really grumpy and unfriendly and didn't even say sorry for their mistakes...During the day we didn't have any water because they where having some renovations. Then in the shower and in the bedrooms is black mold which is really bad. The shower also got all the time flooded. We were trying to talk to the owner but she was really unfriendly. She was all the time really grumpy. Also my friend had her bed directly under the air conditioning...between the bed and the air conditioning were 30 cm.... that's not supposed to be like that....

The best thing about my vacation there was the amazing view you have from that hostel and the other visitors.

• Reviewed: February 27, 2019

It is like a Dreamland and even though, you pay the price...
    • Bunk Bed in Male Dormitory Room

There isn‘t one thing I „didn‘t like“, they are reconstructing a whole lot here, so it will become even nicer.

It is like a Dreamland and even though, you pay the price for the Hostel, the views and location are like the ones of a Hotel. I will definetly come back.

• Reviewed: February 27, 2019

Relaxing spot with great view
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Not enough showers in the girls dorm.

The view was amazing; it is right on the ocean. You can choose to swim in the ocean or in any of the 2 pools. There is a huge kitchen and sitting area where you can cook yourself a meal and enjoy. The hostel provides drinking water. The room was cleaned daily. Location was great. You can take the bus to downtown easily. Lots of people from different countries.

• Reviewed: February 24, 2019

A great spot in Nassau not far from the action!
    • Double Room with Sea View

The tap in ensuite was more form than function, and the jacuzzi tub was below par. It is a hostel first so may not be for everyone.

Bahasea is located away from the downtown area so is generally quite calm and nice place to hang out (and there is easy bus access to downtown). It wasn't too noisy, though did have its moments, and everyone respects the quiet time guidelines. I stayed in my own en suite room which was very big with a superb sea view. I really enjoyed my time there, I had work to do and wasn't interrupted though there was some building work going on it was no big deal. The wifi was pretty good and I didn't have any issues. There are supermarkets and restaurants nearby, and it's a 2 minute walk to Sandyport beach which is small but pretty quiet. Overall it's a great spot, it's not cheap but it is good value for the Bahamas.

• Reviewed: February 21, 2019

Don't go here if you are not a backpacker!
    • Economy Triple Room

Don't go here if you are not a backpacker!!!!!!!!!! During our stay they were building a new room near our room. There was a lot of noise for several days. Because of a leakage in the roof the whole room was wet. The staff did not offer a solution, instead the owner was screeming laudly to the builders. Our wet stuff was not a priority for them. They left us without a room for hours and we spend four hours waiting for any news about a new room. The evacuation of our stuff we needed to do ourself. They gave us another room for one day and then put us back in the old room that was humid and causes a headache. It's an oke place if you are a backpacker but definitly not if your expect anything more.

• Reviewed: February 21, 2019

Excellent location, access to the beach down the steps from...
    • Economy Triple Room

A couple things that affect the quality of the place and are easy correctable. Stayed on one of the private rooms for one night and the shower walls were black with mold. A little bit more scrubbing to those walls are necessary. Another thing I encountered, Next door to Bahasea there having some construction, and I’m thinking the workers don’t have a toilet to go to, and they are peeing over the wall into the beach, so imagine the smells, down on the beach and outside when seated in the poolside, it was really bad by the time I left the place.

Excellent location, access to the beach down the steps from the property, beautiful views from the balconies offering ocean views all around.

• Reviewed: February 20, 2019

The hostel has spectacular amenities and is in a great...
    • Queen Room with Sea View

Our room (private with ocean view) didn't have a window nor any way to access the deck just outside it.

The hostel has spectacular amenities and is in a great location.

• Reviewed: February 18, 2019

The property was great value for money - and right on the...
    • Bunk Bed in Male Dormitory Room

Too many people in one dorm - not enough space. So in the female only dorm - you could fit 12 sleepers and there was only one bathroom. The bathroom was probably the only problem in terms of it was a tub and then a shower head. So quite awkward to use. And the power of the hostel kept going off sometimes - but that was ok since it lasted only a few hours.

The property was great value for money - and right on the sea. I could choose to either go to the beach or chill by the two pools they had. And the shops are close by - and any other beaches and shops were easy to get to by bus! The people in the hostel are great - and friendly and they are respectful. Lots of areas to chill and it was a good environment to meet people from all areas of the world. The pig swim was good too for a low price! And the rental for certain activities was accommodating.

• Reviewed: February 16, 2019

The location was perfect!
    • Bed in 4-Bed Male Dormitory Room

The location was perfect! A bit away downtown but the bus is super efficient and it is worth it! The hostel is right in front of the sea, I went snorkeling at 8am and swam with a spotted eagle ray! Everything is new and modern I definitely recommend it, if you want to chill and meet travelling people from all around the world :)

• Reviewed: February 15, 2019

Brilliant -just book it! Thanks so much Nelly -you and BahaSea were the highlight for us.
    • King Room with Sea View

Can't think of anything...Brilliant

We were both amazed that it was so fabulous; my husband and I had a terrific room with large bathroom and the best view from our own verandah. Nelly is a warm and wonderful host-we followed all her suggestions and she was right everytime. She even drove us to our next accommodation for a business convention. The other hotel was bigger and grander but BahaSea was our favourite by far. Definitely the only place to stay...

• Reviewed: February 12, 2019

Very good hostsel with a good location and superb ocean view
    • Bunk Bed in Male Dormitory Room

No con's it was a very good hostel.

The ocean view, the friendly staff. and the fact that the price is really really good if you compare it to everyting else on the Bahama's

• Reviewed: February 8, 2019

Amazing! I would absolutely stay here again!
    • Bed in 4-Bed Male Dormitory Room

I was in one of the bottom rooms, the shower in the dorm above would leak into the room. It was mentioned to the staff and they were looking into a solution.

Amazing location, super friendly staff! Rooms were well kept and the common rooms were very useable! Seeing the pigs was really neat. This hostel is perfect for meeting lots of people, you won't have to worry about feeling alone there!

• Reviewed: February 7, 2019

Nice view by the sea
    • Quadruple Room with Sea View

Thin walls. Noisy sometimes. Payed for a 200$ room with bathtub, but only cold water.

The location is nice with very beautiful sea views. The staff is also very helpful, kind, and earlyer check in was possible. Fresh drinking water every where for free , nice kitchen to use with all utensils too cook for yourself. Bank and shops within 5 minutes. Shuttle transportation to airport also very convenient.

• Reviewed: February 6, 2019

It wasn`t ok
    • Bed in 4-Bed Male Dormitory Room

2 days no water, therefore no shower, no toilet flash 2 days blockage of water, hard to take shower motorbike rent is a wrack (no back lights, only 1 low front light, rusted and decayed) and the stuff doesn´t keep the agreed time. swimming pool dirty and even cigarettes swim inside beach dangerous, many sharp stones, which you cant see from outside, much seagrass not myself, but some guests were not informed that the door is closed at night and I showed them the "secret" door when I came. That "secret" door was building site and you had to climb under a framework to reach it. Aircondition is included in the price, but anybody can switch it off and keep the remote and the stuff says only sorry, but won`t turn it on.

• Reviewed: January 27, 2019

A beautiful hostel with wonderful views.
    • Double Room with Sea View

The water didnt always run in the showers nor the sink. The terrasse doors in our room had a glap so when it was windy outside it was very cold inside the room.

A beautiful hostel with wonderful views. Nice and helpful staff. Really cool with the swimmingpool pigs right at the hostel. Clean and big rooms. Good kitchen areas. Located right at the beach. Simply amazing. Tack för oss från Sverige

• Reviewed: January 23, 2019

Location, place and staff were great.
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The building probably needs more maintenance. Sometimes there was no water in the bathroom. The windows didn't close right. Some services like the shuttle to the airport couldn't be offered due to a leck of staff. But all in all a great place.

Location, place and staff were great. This hostel has a great potencial. For the price its hard to find something equal in the Bahamas.

• Reviewed: January 22, 2019

Go there! You won't regret it.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Male Dormitory Room

Nothing really. It was difficult to fit groceries into the refrigerator because it is shared by the guests.

This was our first hostile experience and it far exceeded our expectations. The facility was very clean and comfortable. The ability to wake up on the beautiful water was priceless. We are already planning our next trip back there. There are restaurants and grocery stores within walking distance.

• Reviewed: January 22, 2019

The staff was friendly.
    • King Room with Sea View

The price was too high for a room that was dirty,the floor was sticky and it didn’t have AC.It cost us 300 dollars for ONE night. It was loud till 12 at night and we didn’t get any breakfast or coffee. The hotel also ordered us a transport to the airport,but in the end we wainted for a long time and had to order ourselves a taxi

The staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: January 20, 2019

La localización/ The location
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

It is not clean in fact it is dirty, the matress is old, the facilities are old and not apropiate for a backpackers place, like tge bathrooms in the dormitories. The facilities and servicies are not what they say, no bar, no breakfast. I paid for a 4 bedroom and I stayed in a 10 bedroom dormitory and they didn't offer a compensation... I didn't say anything because it was just ome night but it is not right.

La localización/ The location

• Reviewed: January 19, 2019

Airport Shuttle
    • Double Room with Sea View

The connection to the network / internet did not work well it was interrupted constantly. No tv in the room, only the fixture was installed. No privacy. Everybody can walk on your balcony and look into your room. Guests are having parties in front of your room / on your balcony. No breakfast even if the hotel offers this on the webpage. The toilet flushing was running permanently. Blinds broken. Pictures in Booking.com and webpage are better than the location is in reality.

Airport Shuttle

• Reviewed: January 17, 2019

Great clientele and awesome staff. A safe and fun destination for solo travelers
    • Queen Room with Sea View

The downstairs rooms were not up to the standard of the upstairs room, even though the price was comparable

Common areas and kitchen were spacious and accommodating. Close to airport and on the bus line, so getting around was easy. Lots of activities onsite, and staff was wonderful and helpful. Grocery store nearby

• Reviewed: January 14, 2019

Good place for casual visitors. Ask for rooms in the upper floors.
    • Economy Triple Room

our room (a private room) was basically in the basement. No window and no access to the porch. It also needs some work. I saw the rooms in the upper floors and they looked much better. So if you go there - ask for them.

The beach and the patio as well as the staff at the reception desk - all were wonderful. Liked also their ride to the airport.

• Reviewed: January 7, 2019

Horribly overpriced hostel.
    • Queen Room with Sea View

The bed was uncomfortable, we had ants in our room (gross), the property was big but the other people staying there kept the kitchen a mess. People slept outside on the porch furniture randomly which is gross and weird. Staff was fine but at times not helpful. The wifi was not strong and we could not use it in our room.

It was fine for what it is.

• Reviewed: December 31, 2018

Neat n clean.

NA

Neat n clean. Jitney bus right outside to take u downtown. News Cafe for breakfast and dinner across the street at Sandyport plaza. Friendly staff. Lavone smiled n greeted me. Owner lady dropped me to Humes hostel owned by Eddie Humes as I wanted to explore the east side of town which was a big mistake as it was a ghetto place

• Reviewed: December 30, 2018

Pretty amazing hostel, amazing view, nice people, 2 pools
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Room too small for that many people, no lockers, had a man in our room while we booked a female dorm (they changed it a night later), have to pay for every acivity (also pig swim)

Pretty amazing hostel, amazing view, nice people, 2 pools

• Reviewed: December 30, 2018

Audrey and Levon were the best staff/receptionists I have ever dealt with. Extremely accommodating
    • Bunk Bed in Male Dormitory Room

The beds and bedding were ok, the windows could not close so that was strange and this was not bad even for me as a light sleeper.

living room and view were absolutely stunning, every day I would wake up to paradise and friendly smiles!

• Reviewed: December 17, 2018

Staff was very friendly, location in sandy port is good...
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Staff was very friendly, location in sandy port is good close to airport and right by the sea. They have great facilities, complementary coffee i much appreciated and loads of chilling area on the terrace and by the pools.

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

• Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The worst service! They charged me twice for the stay and they did not return my money. Shame should give them, swindling the client in that way. Very disappointed

• Reviewed: December 5, 2018

Room was very nicely decorated
    • Queen Room with Sea View

Chaotic check in - desk staff more concerned with leaving for night out than check in No information given at check in on property/ activities General lack of information or staff available to ask - for example the policy for returning late at night Bathroom - shower bracket not set up for bath and no plug available for bath so washing was difficult General disrepair - ongoing works due to storm damage- understand this but could improve on cushions by the pool being cleaned etc This property has such potential but better management is needed

Room was very nicely decorated Kitchen & laundry facilities useful Amazing views & access to beach Cleaning staff so helpful & friendly

• Reviewed: December 4, 2018

The views here are amazing!
    • Quadruple Room with Sea View

The location is pretty far from downtown...catching the bus wasn’t bad but wasn’t the fastest option if you have scheduled activities. The taxis are pretty pricey from this location to downtown. If you are not on a time crunch, take the bus. The buses are great.

The views here are amazing! The rooms are great and everything was pretty clean. Recommend visiting Twisted Lime in Sandy Port for a dine! It was delicious.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

I would definitely stay somewhere else if I ever came back to the Bahamas.
    • Standard Triple Room with Sea View

Everything else. Staff was not friendly and quite unhelpful. The WiFi was poor in the room. When I asked about it there was no positive response. I had to request beach and bath towels as well as sheets since these were not initially provided for the three occupants of the room. The person at reception did not seem to be very knowledgeable about the check in procedure which therefore took quite some time.

Only the view.

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

Wonderful trip
    • Bunk Bed in Male Dormitory Room

Leaving this place is so hard

The spot is wonderfull, the hotel is clean. There are 2 cool pools, the sea is just below. The beach at 10 meters. Several cool spots area to stay on.

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

Perfect for small budget
    • Bed in 4-Bed Male Dormitory Room

I like that the place was very very clean at all times, the workers were very kind in helping any situation u need assistance, respectful of your space and privacy willing to give you information if you need to go somewhere, other guises were most of the time friendly, management were superb in wanting to make sure you were comfortable and happy, I have no negative complain at all, I would recommend Bahasea Back to any one who wants a vacation and only have a suestring budget to work with, there you have sun fun and relaxation if you don't mind shearing your room.

The island the people,