Reviews of Celebrities Hotel 2 stars

1095 Saint-Denis, H2X 3J3 Montréal, Canada

#97 of 136 hotels in Montréal

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Stay away from room 301

Room had a bad smell staff refused to acknowledge the smell even when I arrived the cleaning staff was putting a very strong cleaner on the floor trying to mask the smell, when I complained they said it was just the cleaner they used . I had to leave the balcony door over all night and you could still notice it.

Location was good.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

The staff was very nice and very helpful.
    • Standard Queen Room

You get what you pay for. *Right now there is construction works near the hotel will take at least 1 year. The hotel is very very old and need renovation, a creaking floor, peeling paint, broken faucet and tiles in the shower, you hear everything from the room. Pictures of rooms do not reflect reality. * 4 floors without elevator and tiny stairs. We stayed for 2 nights only for sleeping and is was like in poor motel. The garden and rest area outside was not usable and not clean. There was no uniquely decorated guest rooms - this is not boutique hotel. Will not recommend for long staying.

The staff was very nice and very helpful. The location is good, close to metro station and city center. The lobby is nice and pretty, WiFi is OK. *Only 41$ and 25 min. taxi from the airport.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Enough for just a night
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Noise frome the guardian by the night mooving from his room to the front desk regurlarly, by the night also by the morning..

No noise from the city but in the middle of the city so perfect no car noise

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Awesome
    • Standard Queen Room

Had to move room as shower was broken but they upgraded me to a better room.awe

Location. Is fine. Very good to visit Old Montreal with Metro in walking distance. Close to st. Catherines street. Busy roads but still quiet. Denos restaurant.next door down with great breakfast. Good value.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Lovely staff, quaint hotel, great location, room was disappointing.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

While the room was clean (i.e., sheets were clean, bathroom was clean) and the furniture (other than the beds) seemed fresh and new, there were damages in the room when I arrived. The wall behind the headboards (of bamboo latice) of both beds was heavily scratched. I took photos and showed the staff who were very understanding. The handle on the bathtub came off when you lifted it to start the water (the staff tried to fix it, but it remained broken). The comforters were old and one was stained. The beds seemed quite dated. This room could be lovely with a bit of attention and investment and I was surprised that at least the scratches on the wall hadn't been repaired. It seemed like a lot of money for what you got. Also, my room was a 4th storey walk-up. While this wasn't a problem for me, it may be for others, and I don't recall this being mentioned anywhere (I could be wrong).

The staff at the hotel were wonderful. They were warm, friendly, and helpful. Their kindness was the highlight of the stay. The dining area was very nice and the decorations in the hallways were fun. It was conveniently located very close to Old Montreal and Champ-de-Mars metro station. It's about a 30-40 minute walk to Gare Centrale.

The staff were friendly and helpful.
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

There was no fridge in the room which was advertised on the website. The wifi reception was spotty in the room.

The staff were friendly and helpful. Location was very central, close to both metro stations and tourist areas.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

The only stuff and location are OK
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Room was horrible, too small, to cold, to old furniture, room had no renovation for more then 5 years I guess. Will never stay there again.

The only stuff and location are OK

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Quirky and Full of Character
    • Standard Queen Room

Quirky and Full of Character Really do not understand why so many people are hating on this hotel and posting so many negative commets..... yes it is small and yes it is very quirky and extremely old... but that's what's giving it so much charm and personality!!! Each room appears to have a theme and the rest of the hotel is a complete and total art house. A perfect Montreal characted style! Of course if you are expecting something along of Marriott, Holiday Inn, Westin or even Comfort Inn or any other big chain hotel standarts: this place is not for you. Please don't give bad reviews for your own expectations. I had read enough of them that it made me slightly suspecious about staying there. However, as a hotel employee for many years (including big chain hotel and small little quirky places like this one) I had been reading most of the reviews between the lines. Yes, there are a lot of things that are beyond their control, but there also are improvements they could make but don't bother. However it is a great place at a great price. All in all, if you are looking for a cute fabulous, adequately maintained hotel, with great staff and fabulous location: look no further! I definitely will be back and I know that I finally found a place that I would definitely be staying at during my Montreal trips. Thank you, Celebrities Hotel, I look forward to my next Montreal adventure with you!

VERY GOOD! 5 STARS!

maybe the stairs? no elevator and some stairs are easily missed to fall, be careful!

Very comfortable suite room. nice and clean. nice staff. air conditioning very good in all area. I like this hotel. will go back next time!

Nice place, would go back!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking was about a quarter mile down the road, not the best but not terrible either.

Clean room, friendly and helpful staff. Hotel was pretty close to a decent amount of stuff I the city, definitely easy to get to places by walking which was great.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Old hotel with a youth hostel vibe
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The air quality was poor - perhaps they had used febreze in the small room and then kept the door closed. I had to blast the AC to try to clear it. The rooms badly need a renovation, floor laminate is peeling and cupboards askew. Basically it felt deeply dirty and smelly. Fine if you are looking for a "janky historic hostel" feel, but not really a "treat yourself to a hotel" feel.

Good location. Staff were very friendly and humorous. The listing on booking.com omitted the fact that my economy room wouldn't have a fridge, so the head staff kindly found a fridge to bring to my unit at no charge. I appreciated the little sitting nooks by the windows in the stairwells. I feel like they are trying, but the place is seriously run down and a major investment would be needed to bring it up to par.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

This was definitely value for the moneyl I would recommend...
    • Standard Queen Room

There was no bathroom sink. We used the kitchenette sink. Bonus however was that we didn't know that it came with a microwave, fridge, cupboards and kitchen sink.

This was definitely value for the moneyl I would recommend the 2nd floor rooms. We stayed in the one that had Katherine Hepburn above the bed. The place was clean, staff friendly. It was a cheap and cheerful place to stay. Don't go with high expectations and you will be fine. The location was excellent.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Overall great experience other than the parking!
    • Standard Queen Room

Stairs with no elevator. Also there's nowhere to stop infront of the hotel because of ongoing construction, which will hopefully be done soon, but it meant we had to drag our luggage from the parking lot which was 3 blocks away.

Charming little hotel with lots of character. Friendly staff and great location near St. Catherine's street.

A nightmare
    • Standard Queen Room

This Hotel is in what must be a block of condemned buildings. I am amazed to find it listed on Booking.com. The owners are relying upon the good will of their staff to front up what must be a constant stream of dissatisfied guests. How this place can be described as a Hotel remains a mystery to me. I have travelled the world for work and for leisure and stayed in hundreds of places, this counts amongst the worst. If I started on Health and safety transgressions I would be writing all day. This place needs closing down.

Hotel disgusting, pictures misleading, DONT STAY HERE
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The hotel as a whole was disgusting. It was incredibly old and rickety, and shoddily patched up in some places and not others - my room had two different types of walls and two different types of floor, both dirty and cheap. The furniture in the room was clearly picked up off the street, mismatched, and old. The bathroom was also gross, with wood walls and a dirty brown shower curtain. Everything was dimly lit, probably so guests wouldn't be able to see the cracks in the floor, walls, and ceiling. The entire place felt like a codemned building that had been partially and haphazardly "fixed up." I would NEVER recommend this place, and I hope to shed it from my memory entirely.

The staff were nice and helpful.

It was great but the private bathroom is not what we expected
    • Standard Queen Room

The bathroom in the room is only one closet with curtain as the "door", one sink and one stand-up shower place with again curtain as the "door"

The location is good and close to old port and the chinatown.

Simple, cheap, clean, friendly
    • Standard Queen Room

The bathtub next to the bed, but it was manageable

Everything was good. The room was clean, the location is great, the stuff is very friendly and helpful

The location of the hotel was great
    • Standard Queen Room

AC was old and loud Shower was in the same room as the bed so water got everywhere A lot more dated looking that the photos on the website Our room was not ready at check in had to wait additional 20-30 min

The location of the hotel was great The rooms were clean The front desk staff were helpful/friendly

Sharp corners maybe closer than they appear

It's very eccentric... weird for the sake of weird? Great value for downtown, we spent little time at the hotel as we went to bike ride, sight see and enjoy the nightlife. The room was bizarre, bath tub was 2 feet below rest of room, we had fun with it but not something I'd bring the kids to. No parking, closet is about 4 blocks for 20 overnight.

Location was great, staff was nice and many memories made

Watch out when dropping your things off
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

When leaving I parked in front of hotel. Ran inside grabbed my things. Was less than 5 minutes. Came out to my car i saw police car leaving. Than i find a $87 parking ticket on my car. When I arrived the young lady said I could park there to drop my things off. That to park my car I had to go to a parking lot. Which she gave me directions to. Parking lot is a long ways away to carry your things. She assured me it was ok to stop there to drop my things off. When I went in to ask about parking in front. This lady said no you cannot after I showed her the ticket???? She was trying to avoid even speaking to me

Very comfortable and great location. Staff very friendly. Except when leaving when I asked about the parking ticket

The hotel was just what I was looking for.
    • Standard Queen Room

Water pressure wasn’t great but not a deal breaker.

The hotel was just what I was looking for. I loved the uniqueness of the property. The location was perfect. I was able to walk to everything. The staff was excellent however Jessica who checked me in on Friday night was exceptional.

Great.
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

It was easy to find. One street away from the hotel you can catch the bus 747 that brings you straight to the airport. Staff were very friendly. Lobby is kind of small, but you are very close to the old port. The room was bigger than I thought.

• Standard Queen Room

Should let patrons know where to park before they arrive in downtown Montreal. No microwave or coffee making facilities in room.

Friendly staff, great location.

Good internet, friendly and helpful staff.
    • Standard Queen Room

The toilet in the room we were given for the first night was so small that no adult could comfortably sit on it. The wall was only a few inches away from the toilet. This room should not even be allowed to be booked for anyone without ample warning that the toilet and shower are not what you’d expect in a regular room. The toilet and shower did not have doors. Curtains were used to separate the toilet and shower from the are where the bed was. Someone in the toilet or shower would be easily visible to others in the room with minimal to zero privacy. Had to ask my sister to leave the room when I wanted to use the toilet. Never even bothered to try the shower. The sink was in the middle of the room. Only public parking available. Would never go back.

Good internet, friendly and helpful staff.

Excellent location and walkable to all major sights.
    • Standard Queen Room

Construction happening across the street, loud banging starting at 7:30 am, no air conditioning, no sink near the toilet, it was a kitchen sink by the microwave. The rooms were nothing like what the photos portrayed. In need of a major fave lift!!

Excellent location and walkable to all major sights. No bed bugs so that was a big plus!

Great value of money

It’s value of money. The hotel is old style with many old furniture. You may love it if u like nostalgia. The location is really great for you traveling from airport. The bus 747 run 24/7 and the bus stop is just located 5mins walk from hotel. Main street is just going by walk.

A Home Away from Home
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Construction made it a little difficult to find the property for the first time, and parking is limited so you can almost guarantee to add parking to your trip costs.

The property had a warm and inviting feeling from the moment we walked in. The decor was charming and the building was well kept. This hotel has old school charm and is more on the bed and breakfast style of stays. Our view from our room wasnt ideal as it overlooked the back alley of the property. However, the staff put a table and chairs out on the properties front terrace where we spent most of our time outside. It really made for a nice spot to relax and have our beverages after our long days of sight seeing. The location of the property is ideal for anyone looking to see some sights of Montreal, and everything you may need is in walking distance ie: malls, boutiques, cafes and restaurants) . The staff were very accommodating and even made some changes to our room booking so that we would better enjoy our stay. I look forward to our future yearly visits to Montreal knowing I have a home away from home.

Above expectations!
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Amazing staff ! Greetedby a guy called alex who knew good englisg to help me with check in (explained differences in prices) and helped me carry 2 big heavy bags to second floor! Staff is avalaible 24 hrs ! He wven late night explained to me abt the city and qas a greqt guide.without his few tips i wouldnt have enjoyed it this much in montreal ! Another sadly i felt bad waking him up late night to get back my room key while i was out,sorry :( a great area for 24 hrs complemtry tea and coffee majorrr plus! Room is small but ull love itno matter how tight u found it ! Guys wrll woth this hotel is a pleasant experience hope they kerp up the good prices and staff.

Good location but less comfortable.
    • Standard Queen Room

The room widows did not enough to reduce the construction noise from outside. I wanted to sleep long enough in the morning but it was impossible to do it. Besides, the staff in the hotel were not kind. To be honest they were rather unkind. I felt that I was a refugee and the staff was a officer.

The location is good. There are subway stations nearby, easy access to old town area.

Great location, very good value for money.
    • Standard Queen Room

There were no elevators and the stairs were quite steep - for me it wasn't a problem but others might find it annoying.

Great location, very good value for money. Okay breakfast for 7 CAD (plus tax) - nothing special but good if you don't want to go out and find a place to eat in the morning. If you are looking for a cheap place to stay, it's perfect.

Awesome room for the price, great location in Montreal
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The blankets could have been a little nicer - but again, for the price of the room and the location, I really didn't care.

The cost of the room and the location of the hotel. The shared bathroom was not an issue - no one was in the bathrooms when I needed it.

The hotel was cozy, but that's about it.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

A big disappointment was that the photos posted online do NOT match the reality. The rooms are old, dilapidated, the bedding matches the rooms and bathroom facilities are run-down.

The hotel was cozy, but that's about it.

fine for one night, located centrally good for getting around
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

the room was cramped with know where to put you bag. The bathroom was a little odd but fine.

The area was central that we could cycle to more interesting neighbourhoods.

Good place to stay
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The tv was from the 90s and small, never used it. The shower was inside the room, but right next to the bed which was very weird.

There was an option (if you pay of course) to have a small breakfast which was good for the price. The staff was very friendly and always available to help. The cleaning service was good. The always available coffee was nice too. And last but not least was the location, at two blocks you have the subway station and lots of bars.

close to the bus station and a nice diner next door
    • Standard Queen Room

Rather tired rooms, filled with old, but clean, furniture and patched together with do-it-yourself panelling

The location was very good, central to both the bus and train stations and the historic district of Montreal.

Room is comfy and worth to be this price.

No lift are there.

Room is comfy and worth to be this price. As this place is down in Montreal this price is acceptable. And the staffs are very cheerful and helpful.

Dirty, stinky, dusty and warm. Just gross!

The room wasn't clean, there was dust and dirt in the corners and on almost everything. The room looked like an old pub with all the wood and it also smelled like that. There was no air conditioning. The furniture was very old and worn out, it looked like they put in what they found on the flea market 25 years ago. Our stay in this room (fortunately only one night!) was literally like playing a night long "the floor is lava". The bathroom was extremely small with untreated wooden floor and walls. There was no way to wipe and property clean the floor around the toilet. Also, the sink and toilet were clogged. There was no elevator and the stairs//hallway smelled like pee. The whole stay was a nightmare for me! Look at my pictures if you want to see what I'm talking about.

At least the bed sheets you had direct contact with and the pillows seemed clean except for some hair (not the "decoration pillow and blanket - those were just old and gross)... The toilet and sink themselves looked clean too.

I would definitely return. Cozy and affordable. :)
    • Standard Queen Room

It was a bit awkward having the toilet separated from us by just a curtain. As well, I wouldn't advise paying the $7 for breakfast, as there likely tastier options for around the same price elsewhere.

This was very affordable and fit what we were looking for --- a cheap, interesting place downtown.

Great value
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

It could be tight for 2 people so you have to be prepared for it. I took the train so I did'nt have to worry about parking.

For a 2 star hotel you don't know what to expect, and I'm totally happy with my stay. All you need for a great price. They upgraded my room from shared bathroom to a room with a shower and a sink. I only shared the toilet and it always was available and private when I needed it. Location is awesome and the facilities are renovated and clean. Great value for the money.

Nice room for this price, very convenient to everywhere.

didn't get any of the room shown in the pictures. There was a construction outside the hotel, the road was closed, we had to find other parking lots away from the hotel. There was some weird sounds like an animal in midnight from upstairs.

good location, very close to the attractions.

It was very convenient in the heart of the city.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds were very comfortable and the water pressure for the shower was great. We were disappointed there were no parking available at the hotel even though on the website said there was parking available. We had to pay $24 per day for 3 days at a public parking. There was no power point for the bed lamp and the TV was very blurry. These are the only three things we were disappointed with, but apart from that we enjoyed our stay there for 3 nights. The staff were super friendly. Thank you.

Better graveyard shift staffing and room decisions needed.
    • Standard Queen Room

Toilet, shower, sink, and bed are all in the same room. The decorative sink of suspended glass with open pipes seems very fragile and flimsy. Rough or careless guests will soon break it. A plywood wall with a curtain in front of the toilet bowl is not a separate room. The curtains on the adjacent wall window enable guests to see out the window and probably enable people outside the room to observe people urinating and defecating inside the room. The toilet and window curtain rods prevent the curtains from closing all the way. The shower curtain lets water out of the shower, wetting the foot mat and the floor, leaving the floor very slippery and dangerous. The window curtains are also very thin, meaning wake up time depends on sunrise, eg. 6 a.m. during our stay, even though it was cloudy out and only the end of April. The footsteps and voices of everyone walking on the stairs and along the hallways can be easily heard through the thin guest room doors. Why decorate and yet go cheap on the walls and doors? Invest in the prime things first and decorate later for happier guests. Why put a $1,000 bed and a $1,000 shower stall in such a room. Put the money into the walls and a door for the toilet first. Learn from Japan's capsule hotels if you want to go small and cheap. It's a better idea. hotels.com got us rooms elsewhere in Montréal and Toronto for about the same nightly rate, as well as cheaper and better, for larger rooms with separate bathrooms. So this room should be much cheaper, especially during off season and during building demolition across the street (CHUM's old hospital). There is also no way to change the room temperature. One desk clerk told us that some rooms are too warm and some are too cold. A compact room is a good idea if it is either better planned or lower priced. The night shift front desk clerk said, "I can't knock on someone's door in the middle of the night.

shower stall; very friendly and helpful daytime desk clerk - super helpful! The decorations and flooring were artistic and a nice rustic look. The mini fridge and microwave oven were good features.

Great beds and having coffee available at all times was a...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It would have been nice if the property had let us know that the hotel was surrounded by construction on all sides....very noisy and dirty due to construction

Great beds and having coffee available at all times was a huge plus.

The hotel has charm and the receptionist was very nice.
    • Standard Queen Room

the shower was old and did not work properly, There is no elevator, however the receptionist asked me if I preferred a room on the ground floor which she said wasn‘t as nice as the one in the fourth floor. I am strong so I chose the one on the fourth. For other visitors however this could be an issue!

The hotel has charm and the receptionist was very nice.

Even if it's cheap - it is not worth it.
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

This is more a hostel than a hotel. The bed was very hard, strange, intense smell, I had a mouse in my room and had to store my food in the reception. The property claim to be wheelchair accessible, it is not. I even communicated with them in advance to make sure it was accessible. Luckily I can walk a little, so it was ok. The shared bathroom is way to small to fit a wheelchair. I showered at my friends hotel. Also the ramp leading up to the entrance is too low to cover the entrance door step, which makes it hard to wheel up the ramp, do a wheely over the step and at the same time open the door. The pictures do not represent the room I had at all. It was tiny (I had to leave my wheelchair in the hallway), poor lighting, huge old TV, and that was basically it.

The staff was friendly.

Given the price, ok for one night.
    • Standard Queen Room

- It was incredible hot and could not be modified - Both comfort and cleanliness did not meet normal standards - Shower cabin is directly in the room - Toilet is a wooden shack right in the sleeping room

+ Evening reception lady was welcoming + There is a little store right next door

Apart from the construction across the street, the location of the hotel was nice.
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Bedspread smelled a bit stale like it could have been washed but the sheets were fine and the hairdryer was broken in 302 i believe

Loved the clean shower, and the bed was huge and fairly comfortable...the maid that morning was very pleasant.

Very good for the price. I would recommend.

The only inconvenient was the construction in front of the hotel that began at 7:30 in the morning on Sunday. As the windows in the room were not that much isolated, it was very loud and it woke us up. It was impossible to continue to sleep with this sound.

For the price, the room was very good (big room and clean) and the location was perfect. It was near downtown and the vieux-port so everything was very accessible by walk.

location and value are exceptional.
    • Standard Queen Room

Noise from the reception area that starts at early am.

location and value are exceptional. A great place to rest and get ready for the beautiful city of Montreal.

The staff is very friendly and attentive to your needs and...
    • Standard Queen Room

The hotel is very old, it smells like oldness itself. Also, the toilet behind the curtains just killed me. The shower is right in the bedroom too. The walls are so thin that you hear your neighbors whispering. It would be okay for the less price, but given the hotel has the average price per night, it isn't worth it.

The staff is very friendly and attentive to your needs and requests. Also, the location of the hotel is pretty good, it's close to the facilities.

Not good.
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Our room was tiny and never was cleaned for 3 days. There was a horrible smell coming from the drain, when we told the staff she said it was probably pur neighbours(they were from another country)

Location and price was good.

Rats in the rooms
    • Standard Queen Room

Attention! Don't go to this hotel! There was a rat running in my room. I immediately spoke with the staff and the guy told me that it happens sometimes, especially when it's cold outside, and he applied some kind of poison. Minutes later, I saw another little mouse get into a hole also in my room. The room had a lot of holes where the rats can get in. I couldn't sleep all night. Worst experience ever!

Great hotel, terrible booking.com information

There was no free parking. The booking.com website had inaccurate information that was very frustrating. I paid more money for the hotel because they advertised free onsite parking and that was not true. Booking.com needs to do a better job promoting accurate information. The celebrities hotel staff and stay was amazing but unfortunately cost an additional 80 dollars for parking because of the lies booking.com told us.

Great location & friendly staff
    • Standard Queen Room

Room was at the back so quite dark. The walls are very thin so we heard everything from people’s rooms & also at reception & in the hallway. The only privacy for the toilet was a curtain so if you prefer walls & a door, don’t take room 104!

Great location within walking distance of the old town, the latin quarter & downtown. Staff very welcoming & friendly. Room was very spacious. Free coffee throughout the day was great. Denos Diner a few doors up does fantastic cooked breakfasts & meals for great value.

Great place don't get me wrong. You can't charge what they charge, remain in business, & be the Taj

Bed needs replacing. Very hard. Water temperature was hit and miss. Made for an interesting and..... invigorating? Shower

Great place for the value minded

Great value for money. Clean and comfortable!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Curtain on bedroom window being on ground floor was not that thick and window backed into an alley! Very minor dislike though.

Bed was very comfortable. Despite being on a busy street did not hear the traffic. Subway a few minutes walk away. Great value for money!

When our last hotel got double booked and we had no where to...
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

When our last hotel got double booked and we had no where to stay, this staff welcomed us with open arms and made sure everything went well. I highly recommend this hotel. It's cost efficient, cozy, and has some great culture to it.

Pleasant stay overall, but the room layout & design isn't endearingly quirky, it's just poor design.
    • Standard Queen Room

The hotel is utterly serviceable in the best and worst ways. It has a full bathroom, but the layout of the sink, toilet, and shower are strange and cramped. And as they are closed off from the rest of the room by only thin curtains,you get no privacy if you're using the toilet south someone else. The bed was comfortable but had an unstable frame, and the walls of the room were thin so you can hear what's going in in other rooms. All in all, our stay was nice. Some people would be really turned off by the experience, and if you're used to other hotels then you might think this one under delivers. But if you're single, on a budget, and don't want to share a room in Montreal,(or roll the dice in a hostel) then this is a great place to stay.

The location was second to none. Very convenient to walk pretty much anywhere in Old Town or the Latin Quarter. The room was a very serviceable one, with a very clean, quirky flair.

Has great potential if heating will be improved and attitude has to change.
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The poor attitude of the property owner who is not willing to provide good customer service, saves hugely on the heating bill as some rooms are well heated and some are very cold in the dead of a cold Canadian winter!

The bed was like a cloud.

There was a construction site directly in front of the hotel and the noise from the site was discomforting. There was no heating for the living room and bathroom.

The bed was like a cloud.

For the value & location I would stay there again if in Montreal
    • Standard Queen Room

My ground floor room didn't seem to match up with the fancy photos on the site, a bit run down & the bathroom woodwork looked like an unfinished DIY project (but 100% functional)

Good value for the location and friendly staff. Very easy to get to from the No 747 airport bus - 5 mins walk from final stop.

Stay overnight in downtown core.

The shower curtains had some stains. It was unclear whether some throw pillows and covered were washed recently.

Staff were very friendly and nice. Location is central to downtown and close to the Old port. Price is cheap and budget friendly.

Pros- Nearby old Montreal, Very Friendly front staff.
    • Standard Queen Room

Cons- We chose the standard queen room given that it had private washroom but it was quite shocking when it wasn’t really private when it comes to taking a shower or specially when taking something else. The room was very old not as advertised. There was a tv, which was a size of an iPad with a old 70’s vcr system(google it’s that old tech). Let’s talk about the washroom. It has no door, thin old see through curtains which make u feel like you’re camping somewhere and my bf is 6ft and couldn’t even fit when it comes to sitting on that toilet seat. Yes it’s that small space. For us, Starbucks nearby was our go to place where we felt comfortable when it came to nature’s call. Room 304 fits all that description I just mentioned. The bed is sliding a little downwards from one end which makes you kinda sliding over night and it does make a lot of noise. Overall, the room was horrible. The cleaning staff is very good. But we didn’t want to go back in room until we were too tired to just doze off. Advise to the management at least don’t lie about rooms.

Pros- Nearby old Montreal, Very Friendly front staff. Clean towels provided daily and overall clean premises.

Old Quirky Montreal house
    • Standard Queen Room

The room was only $55 so I didn't expect much. If I had not been a student in Montreal I would have been surprised the place like this - no elevator, lack of soundproofing (always bring earplugs to Montreal), quirky room shape, paint, fixtures and fittings, odd people on the streets outside. However, I'm a Montreal expat so it felt very familiar and homey. Door lock was sticky - needed some work.

Overall the place needs a bit of touching up in a few places, but the room I had (3rd floor faced the front) was very warm and cozy (bed was up against old school radiator and it was cold outside - I love old school radiators) and I had a great sleep. No shower, just a sit down tub (a nice one) right in the room with a hand shower. Tiny toilet and sink in a small enclosed area. Gnarly brick walls and cool old fireplace feature. Excellent value for $55. Would not pay more than $75 though. Not sure if I would stay there in the summer - would be hot and noisy. If you are expecting a posh perfect hotel for this price, keep going. If you are nostalgic for your university days in Montreal and love old quirky Montreal houses, you'll love it. I would stay there again if I was travelling on a tight budget.

Great on the weekend. Excellent staff. Free coffee:

The rude overnight guy who was there on Sunday night. He was having sex with a girl in the bedroom next to ours and wasn’t even at the desk.

Jessica, Adir, and Alexei are great members on staff. Alexei went out of his way to make us a list of things to do for the weekend and even offered to take us around. Adir is super kind and helpful and funny, we have met him in our previous stay.

This hotel is an old business? House? The door to our room...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

This hotel is an old business? House? The door to our room was inside the eating area. Quite awkward. Could hear guests, water running, and pipes running, all very clearly throughout. Seating in the room was very uncomfortable. 10" TV? Maybe 8".... Remote only controlled channels. Not on/off. Not volume. Quite old and dingy.

I actually didn't like anything at this hotel it's...
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

It most be a half star Motel not even any star hotel very bad service on the phone & at the front desk also she treated me like a dog actually I didn't like anything in this place I am calling it place because it doesn't have any atmosphere of a Hotel.

I actually didn't like anything at this hotel it's not clean & there's a bad smell everywhere.

convenient pratical stay
    • Standard Queen Room

or est really dusty in m'y toi but i didnt complaîn but its more because we didnt have control over the thermostat in the room so it was very realy hot like if i was in a all exclusif resort in mexico thats all

employees are really amazing

It was a good experience that I enjoyed
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The only thing is did not like was that the hotel does not have a frig where people can keep the rest of their food. I did 6 days at the hotel and I was oblige to buy food everyday because there was not a place where i could keep the rest of my food. That was the reason why I left more early.

I really Liked the welcoming my first day in the hotel. Also enjoyed taking the tea because it was very nice.

• Standard Queen Room

I chose this hotel based on the pictures and many good reviews. When we arrived we learned that there was no elevator, so we hauled our luggage up the stairs. The hotel itself is very small, dark and dingy, but our guest room was the worst part. There was barely any space to walk around, the bed was extremely uncomfortable, and worst of all the "private bath" was spread across the room - the sink was front the bed, the toilet next to it in a tiny space covered by a curtain, and a shower in another corner next to the bed. None of the pictures I saw when booking depicted this type of room. For the same price, I found a much better hotel a few blocks away. At least the staff at Celebrities tried to be helpful and gave us a partial refund, but we still had to pay one night's stay for a deceivingly advertised room that we spent 30 minutes in.

It was good.
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I don’t like the fruit they serve because its not fresh.

Staff are nice and accommodating ,place is accessible. I like the bagel and the free coffee and tea.

For $40 better than a hostel, didn't expect much but I wouldn't stay again.
    • Standard Queen Room

Room looked very dated, furniture, furnishings and bed coverings appeared very old/ragged and not exactly clean looking, bedding itself seemed clean. No headboard to bed and one flat pillow. Bathroom tap only provided glacially cold water, shower was hot. Very noisy flooring throughout the building so don't expect to sleep in.

Very central location, 24hr desk, cheap, bed was clean.

Slightly uncomfortable.
    • Standard Queen Room

The room was fine, it was just too small. My husband had to use the public toilet down the hall for his constitutional; a curtain between he and I in the room did not make for a comfortable sit-down. Some couples poop in front of each other but we don’t, certain things are private!!

The shower was lovely, the bed was cozy, the pillows soft and large; very comfortable.

a great private place to stay, a definite upgrade from a hostel
    • Standard Queen Room

the private bathroom in the room had no door just a curtain. this is a bit uncomfortable if you are traveling as a couple

the decor is wonderful. very clean.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Warning! They do not change sheets in beds
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The bed was made in the room but the sheets havent been cleaned. There were hair everywhere iniside the bed from the pillow to the end. I took some pictures and videos. I went to reception and the guy. Asked me if i wanted new sheets. I said yes and when he handled them to me (in order to change the bed by myself) he “said ohh VIP”. I was like what are you talking about? Am I being VIP To stay in a dirty bed and have to change the sheets myself? That place really looked like a cheap dirty hotel I have been to in India. The difference was that in india, it was cleaner!

The receptionnist during day time was super helpful and nice. I was on a rush and she checked me in the morning and “upgraded” my room.

Browse Celebrities Hotel traveller photo gallery