Reviews of Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West 3 stars

8220 Bowridge Cresent Northwest, T3B 2V1 Calgary, Canada

#43 of 100 hotels in Calgary

• Junior King Suite

There were stains on the sofa bed in the living area. The mini fridge is located in a VERY TIGHT area of a cupboard. Housekeeping department needs to step its game up! Seriously. There was hair all over the place. Bath tub is too tiny but didn't bother me.

The staff was very helpful. Got my room upgraded with no problem. Location is great if you want a quiet area. Bed was very comfy and the room was spacious with a nice little balcony. I had the king suite on upper level. 2 big TVs, one in living area and the other one in the bedroom. Oh, the sound proof walls (according the description). And it's close to a bunch of fast food restaurants.

staff accommodated a upgrade,a late check out .Very helpful and willing to help. Great pool and hot tub. Was able to use the spa for services ,very good and the hairdresser Adrienne was superb. Room service is expensive. Loved the balcony for drinks and the view of the ski hill. Would stay her again on a trip to Calgary .

• Standard King Room

But every time I went to have a bath there was no hot water so I called the front desk they sent someone up to check it and said it should be fine went to have a bath in the morning and the water was cold I rent the room for a relaxation in the tub itself was my main reason for staying there and with no hot water it was a flop

When I checked in the stuff was very pleasant knew that I wanted the room with the tub because I was running away from my grandkids and just needed to relax in a tub for the day

My son dug out an empty beer can from behind the bed which wasn’t ours! That tells me about attention to detail when cleaning.

Liked the fridge and microwave in each room. Great for quick meals with children. It was a fun family get away. Pool was fun and son had ski lessons across the street at winsport.

The pool and sitting area was too small and overcrowded. The hot tub was out of service as well.

The staff were very approachable and polite. The extra room with the sofa bed was great! Complimentary water bottles, microwave, and fridge were nice. The convenience store came in handy too.

• Standard King Room

The pancakes for the breakfast buffet had been there for a while and the edges were dry.

I thought it was cool that they had balconies, too bad it's a bit chilly to be sitting outside.

• Deluxe King Suite with Spa Bath

For the price of the the King Deluxe room it wasn’t very deluxe in that it was rundown and just another cheapo hotel room with a Spa tub. Expected a mini kitchen and a little nicer decor. This room was well below Sheraton standards and was a disappointment.

Enjoyed the Spa tub and nice walk-in shower

• Business Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

People were very loud in hallways. No one would stop them from being so loud. Also when asked by hotel what made my stay uncomfortable they still have not responded and also kept referring to me as a man when I am a woman.

The location and rooms were very nice.

Lukewarm water to shower in. Bearable. But definitely could have been hotter.

Very comfortable beds! We have ALWAYS enjoyed our stay here. Staff has been friendly, helpful and kind. Thank you so much for the Christmas stocking hanging on the door Christmas morning. We so enjoyed the treats and appreciated the time that it took to do that for your guests! Thank you!

• Business Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel was not clean. We stayed there four or five years ago, when it was newly open. This time it showed the wear and tear; scuffs, dings, holes in the finishes. Some of the furniture was broken. I can deal with those things; what bothered me more was the lack of cleanliness. When I checked to make sure my kids hadn’t kicked anything under the bed while packing up, I discovered trash that did not belong to my family. Obviously, it hadn’t been cleaned there in a long time. I also noticed something that looked suspiciously like black mold in the shower tile grout. I wouldn’t chose to stay there again, despite the excellent staff.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The kids had fun in the pool, though it is very small and too deep for my seven year old to stand up (pack a floatation option for little ones).

Housekeeping was super loud, banging their carts into walls super early, yelling at the entrance doors. Staff was rude except for the first check in person. Food in gift shop was extremely expensive and candy was stale and hard as a rock. Kids running in hallways and one time were playing hockey in the hall

Located by a Starbucks

• Business Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The rooms we had were both not very clean and the beds were very uncomfortable and sheets smelled like cigarette smoke. I would not recommend going to this place as it is not like any other Sheraton I have ever stayed at before. Service is fair but they need to do a better job with upkeep.

Great location right off the highway

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Bathrooms could be cleaner. Blanket on pull out couch clearly dirty. Staff could also be friendlier and great guests rather than chit chat with each other. Promised mountain view or city and was originally given furthest room away that faced a ski shop (?) entrance. Was moved after requested. Wished they had suites with option to have 2 beds in separate rooms. Currently couch is seperate and 2 queens are in the bedroom area.

Close to Winsport which was where we needed to be all weekend.

Staff = amazing. Beds = amazing. Cleanliness = amazing. All of it was the best fun!! My friend and I went to a show at the WinSPort and our stay at Four Points was such a wonderful experience!!

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The AC / heater was loud in the room, it kicked in periodically through out the night. Cant sleep well!. Also the carpet in the room is old. Time for some new carpet!

• Business Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room wasn't as advertised, very small and no balcony . I wouldn't have booked if I knew that I would be getting a ground floor room adjacent an elevator. The AC very loud as well . Front desk was not receptive to comments , were unfriendly and indifferent about my stay

The location was great for our continued travels . The room was clean

• Standard King Room

The exterior was not well maintained. Dirty, and parking lot looked skeptical as far as safety. The staff was adequate but not overly friendly. Did not know that breakfast came with the room. Room was not very big.

Hot tub was OK.

• Business Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our room was not made up one day even though we did see the staff making up rooms in our hall.

Very friendly staff who were eager to help in any way- wine glasses brought to our room while we were out and a note wishing us a wonderful stay.

• Business Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bit dark. Difficult to get to due to major roadworks and diversions nearby

Reasonable price. Location outside downtown but with easy access. Free parking. Handy for Olympics site

By no fault of the hotels, it was tricky to get to. They have redone the highway and our gps didn't have the correct directions.

Most comfortable beds we've ever slept in! They were just like our beds at home. In room coffe and complimentary bottles of water were great. By far the cleanest rooms we stayed in our whole 2 week trip so far.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Housekeeping didn't make the third bed the first day, didn't wash the tub out on any days (it was still slippery from my conditioner, because the tub wasn't draining properly), the man stocking the buffet in the restaurant was rude and arrogant, although the serving staff was nice.

Front desk was very friendly and wonderful. Location was 12 minutes from callaway park, market mall and it seemed to also be 12 minutes from anywhere else we had planned to go.

• Business Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The slow elevator down to the pool and the fact that you couldn't take the swimming pool towels to your room -- you could use them but had to leave them at the pool, weird.

I liked that it was easy to check in and that I could purchase Calaway Park passes from the front desk.

Room very small and worse than that there are not 2 chairs in room. Ridiculous. Construction a problem but that was not hotels fault.

Staff very friendly

The hotel had a good breakfast brunch for families at very reasonable prices. Free coffee and tea as well as fresh apples and bonbons for the guests in the lobby area. Courteous and friendly staff. Excellent pool and recreational facilities. Great location. Rooms were clean and comfortable with the added bonus of a outside deck to enjoy. We plan to stay again.

• Business Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Small fridge and noises air conditioner

Everything was comfortable clean and friendly needed a larger fridge as were there for a week also our air conditioner was loud both were reported to front desk

• King Suite

Gorgeous place. Big room with jacuzzi. Too bad we got this upgrade when it was me traveling with my son and not when my wife was along as she would have loved it.

Staff were extremely helpful, needed help with directions and they printed out for me. Restaurant was good, service was excellent. Pool was nice, although a little warm.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

The room was excellent, ample room with adjoining lounging area with TV! ... staff super accommodating and very dog friendly ... The room facilities and climate control were perfect ... Thanks for a great stay!

• Queen Room - Disability Access

Would've liked to have a free breakfast after already paying such a high price for one night. And $12 is a ridiculous amount to add for one morning of breakfast especially when you're surrounded by food places that will serve breakfast for a much better price!

The balconies were really cute and the views from the hotel were awesome! Very accessible hotel and the staff were extremely professional and welcoming.

• Queen Suite

The sitting area of the queen suite has no windows and is unusually tiny.

Good beds. Pool has water slide and is open late. Good breakfast, reasonably priced, although it is not included in the nightly price as is common for this type of motor hotel.

• Queen Suite

New fridges don't have a freezer so they brought an old one with freezer. My son had day surgery nearby, and ice packs were a must for 48 hours.

Bed and pillows Very comfortable. Room service meals very good. All staff friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Where I was there were loud popping and banging sounds completely at random that were very disturbing.

I liked the bake of the property. The beds and pillows were comfortable and housekeeping was quite.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast staff was not very friendly. We had to eat on the bar side for lunch one day and they didn't have suitable high chairs for any of the tables. If you are going to make families eat on the bar side you need to provide high chairs that fit at the table. My son had to sit in one that sat below the table. It was terrible.

The front staff was very friendly and my room was clean.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• Business Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There were several sports teams booked on the Friday night and the ones on our floor were very noisy. As my husband and I are both very ill, this will be our last leisure trip to Calgary for some time, and not being able to enjoy the peace and quiet we had anticipated was a great disappointment. We had to ask security to intervene as the party crowd was so loud that we couldn't hear the television, and sleep was out of the question. We would suggest security do a regular patrol of floors housing sports teams to prevent future problems.

Again, your staff is your strongest asset. We enjoyed all the staff members we interacted with, the front desk staff, the restaurant staff and the room attendants. They were cheerful and took the time to help with anything we needed.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

• Standard King Room

Would have loved if breakfast was included, but it was still a very reasonable price.

The beds are super comfy and the room was really clean. Also, the little added details of water bottles in the room, the coffee in a little burlap bag, and toiletries like mouthwash, q-tips, etc. was appreciated. The staff met us with a friendly smile and were super helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The heater/AC unit is loud when it is on. May cause you sleep if you are like me. Yes, I think the hotel know this, so they give each room a ear plug.

• King Suite

The food was good but wasnt fabulous for the price. The shower was not accommodating to anyone taller than 5'8"

The room was nice and fairly clean. The hotel was kept quite clean

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Business Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Detail to cleanliness in the tighter areas need more attention.

The location to where we wanted to be was good. The size of the room was great! The staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Many hotels offer a free breakfast, this hotel did not.

Having a separate sitting area in our room was awesome. We could get up early and let the kids sleep in. We ate at the restaurant two evenings, great food and service both times. We will definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Queen Suite

Beautiful hotel and awesome room!!! Nice clean pool area, delicious restaurant....wish I could've stayed longer and tried the spa!!! I will definitely book again and recommend to everyone!!

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Queen Room - Disability Access

The restaurant was very disappointing. Food not bad but the service was horrible. Dirty tables and cups....can go on an on.

Nice rooms, clean and tidy The only reason lower review is the restaurant was not good ay all.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Furniture was chipped in many places - just needs some TLC/repairs.

Great staff, friendly anf welcoming. Food was great in Avenue 16. Room was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

VERY POOR HOUSEKEEPING gross slop on the walls doors and drawers urine on the floors etc When the cleaning staff showed up to clean - he had a spray bottle and a single cloth - he then wiped the toilet and with out even washing the cloth proceeded to clean the rest of the bathroom! we re-cleaned everything after he left.

location and the hotel is concrete construction so sound proof - room balconies

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

A little bit out of the way but on a main road so it was okay, great location of your going to Calaway park though

Cozy, clean and modern suite perfect for our family!

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• King Suite

I got food poisoning from the kitchen and was really sick all night. Other than that, the room was fantastic.

The room was very comfortable and was a great location. I really enjoyed the balconies.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

To be very picky the elecator was a ways. Not too much to complain about. :)

The room was very quiet and the area of the city was as well. My daughter and I were very comfortable. The balcony was nice for some air.we had great access to the highway to continue our trip to Canmore.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• King Suite

Some of the furniture is in need of repair. The coffee in room was like water. Should have comp.breakfast. The wood floors in the room were dirty. Needed to be mopped better.

The bed was comfortable and bathroom was nice. The balcony was nice bonus.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Had to park on the street because the parking lot was always full.

Beds were very comfortable. The room was well kept and clean and the staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Not much!

The bed was very comfy, I like the balcony as well for extra relax time. Staff were very helpful and caring. I will definitely come back to this motel and tell others to use it as well. It was very nice way to end our holidays!!

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Business Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Servers in the bar could have been a little more friendly - as they appeared to be with other patrons.

Loved the beds and pillows and I am picky!!! Food in the bar was great!

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• King Suite

The pool and hot tub are quite small. There were a few families with children, swimming at the same time, which made each quite crowded.

Liked having the seating area in the room near the door. We were able to close the door to the sleeping area to avoid hearing hallway noise.

Comfortable and friendly staff

• Queen Suite with Spa Bath

n/a

Ideal for my requirements

Restaurant waitresse was awesome

• Business Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Very clean, modern. Food and meals I had were very good. Hotel staff in restaurant and bar were friendly , outgoing , proffessional.

• Standard King Room

Staff was very fast at check-in (I've stayed at this location numerous times for business travel)

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Dusty, tub drain clogged and hot tub shut down

Pool was great with water slide and beds were comfy

• Business Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Neighbours were really noisy.

Really enjoyed the stay. Pool area was great. Loved the exercise area.

• King Suite

Bathroom fan came on every time light turned on , to noisey ! Fan needs it’s own switch

No free breakfast.

Staff helped us every time and way they could ! Excellent.

• Business Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bed excellent, staff extremely friendly!

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast was terrible. The pullout was an absolute joke, an adult could never sleep on it.

• Queen Suite

Pool was freezing, room was not very clean. Dog hair from previous occupant was everywhere!

Spiders in my room, noisy air conditioner/heater. Food in pub barely average.

Comfortable bed and clean linens. Fairly quiet and convenient.

Leaving Calgary

Extra sitting room area

• Queen Room - Disability Access

We had problems with the cleanness of bedding

Good Location, Large Room

Unclean room even after we asked to clean it better

They charged my credit card for a breakfast we paid cash for. Not appreciated

• Deluxe King Suite with Spa Bath

Room bathroom was filthy. Staff was randomly rude and disrespectful.

• Business Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

In West Calgary and near highway 1. It was cheaper to stay here end in Banff. We drive ca 1 hour to the mountains and made nice hikes.

• Business Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Not enough elevators Hall carpets were dirty Bathtub was not clean in the corners with mildew

Staff were helpful and friendly

• Business Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I believe we came home with bed bug bites.

Good atmosphere

• Queen Room - Disability Access

Scrambled eggs at breakfast were terrible

Bed was very large and comfy. Room was spotless

All the road construction

The balconies, its proximity to the highway