Reviews of Hampton Inn St. Catharines Niagara 3 stars

89 Meadowvale Drive, ON L2N 3Z8 St. Catharines, Canada

#13 of 14 hotels in St. Catharines

Happy Thanksgiving
    • NQQ1 Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Check in time on booking said 4 pm and at hotel it said 3. We wanted to check in early to get ready for dinner at 5pm. We arrived around 3 hoping to get in and found it was ok. .. No room service available. The bathroom was not as clean as it could be. Not enough carts for luggage when we went to leave. Walked down hall down elevator and across main lobby and found no cart. Back up and carried everything out by hand. On leaving had to go right and went on tour later rest. Staff said to go out the back parking lot for a more direct exit Thanks to front staff for comp breakfast when we were checking out and asked about our stay.

Close to our needs. Discount price. Restaurant near by.

We would never use this place again. Reallly overpriced for the mess we got.
    • NQQ1 Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

First time in a Days Inn and probably our last if this place is an example of others. The room we had just smelled bad. Carpets were dirty looking. Dust here and there throughout, dirty windows, etc. Only analog television available, couldn’t find any HD reception. The bathroom had black mold in tub, rust stain on outside of tub, hair on floor, loose toilet seat, generally dirty appearance. We didn’t even use the shower. At checkout we mentioned our concerns to the clerk who began to ask us if we’d had breakfast yet but we told her we just wanted our invoice so we could leave. The assumption was that she was going to comp a breakfast at the attached Perkins restaurant. A free breakfast wouldn’t really make up for an experience like that. And they charged $199.00 plus tax for the thing! Way too much for what was pretty disgusting overall. A partial or full refund would be more like it. Whoever’s in charge of this particular Days Inn needs step it up a bit.

Staff at check in desk very friendly.

very comfortable stay. good value for money

Cant think of anything.

Comfortable room and amenities. With Perkins next door food was available at all hours. The people/employees were very very nice, helpful.

Decent pool.
    • NQQ1 Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Older property that needs some upgrading but it served the purpose.

Decent pool. Good restaurant options in close proximity. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Pool is very nice.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking difficulty You have to park behind the hotel and. Signage is poor so we drove around it a couple of times before we figured it out.

Pool is very nice.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

not my first choice but very good value, I'll use it again
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

you do have to go outside very briefly to get to the not included breakfast restaurant so no PJ runs for morning snacks. they charge a facility fee above room rates , its for parking but guess that's what the fine print stuff refers to when it say may charge extra fees.

Older but well maintained location, close to lots to do and easy access on and off the highway. good value.

Good stay for the money, close to everything, staff was very helpful. Older motel, but kept up well
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our room was above people that smoke so I could not open the windows, but settled for air conditioning. Would have liked a sauna, but they were reserved.

Being next door to restaurants were great- Montana's for dinner and Perkins for breakfast. There were other restaurants to choose from as well. Close to Coffee shops, fast food and shopping mall Everything that we needed was within walking distance. Close to the Highway, yet quiet. Pool and work out room a bonus!

Great and convenient but needs an update.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The plumbing is in need of an update which I think is in the works these coming months. Some cosmetic updates etc. The pool was quite tiny but good for a splash...the pool area was as warm as the sauna. I asked about it and I was told the place was frequented by the elderly using the attached gym and they like it warm...Also, as convenient as the gym was...all the gym patrons took up the parking...but it wasnt a show stopper. continental breakfast would have been nice...the Perkins family restaurant next door was quite expensive and staff was quite slow and somewhat ignorant...

It was convenient and affordable. fairly clean overall but needs updating. The staff were quite friendly and accommodating.

$209.+ tax=$247
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Could not check in at 2-room not cleaned. Could not check in at 5:30-room not cleaned. Short staffed-supposedly?? Not my problem. Asked if I would mind being moved to the ground floor. Said yes as it was getting rediculous.

One Night Stay
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was mostly clean.... however, there were many items that either needed maintenance or an extra level of housekeeping beyond basic room cleaning. 1. huge cob web handing from the ceiling, much mold in bathroom... you should try a vinegar solution, phone was gross, spot on ceiling needed to be painted- looks like fire detector was moved to a new position and never painted, and there was major duct tape on the patio door.

Close drive to Niagara Falls (we were a 15-20 minute drive away and able to get there way before tour buses), area felt safe, the basics of the room were updated: nice furniture, clean refrigerator, clean microwave, good tv and furniture, large pool area.

Excellent location for all area activities within 20 minutes easy to find and amazing staff

Reading Light in 522 broken Patio door in 524 hard to open

Staff were all amazing with wonderful info on area all suggestions were perfect thank you for making our trip so good

Good Location

For the price, having breakfast included would have been great.

We were a large group and the lobby area was big enough to accommodate us all and our bicycles we were travelling on.The rooms were quiet and there was no disturbances from other guests.

The front desk was the most helpful I have ever had at a...
    • NK1 King Room - Non-Smoking

A little notice that the pool was doing swimming lessons on Wednesday would have been helpful.

The front desk was the most helpful I have ever had at a hotel. Their recommendation to Kelsey's was excellent. We ate there both nights.

Good home base for exploring the area around Niagara Falls.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No complimentary breakfast available.

When we checked in, the hotel did not have the room we had booked. The clerk (Debbie) searched her available rooms and located a suite for us at no extra charge. The suite we ended up with had two queen beds, a kitchen, dining table, two sofas and a desk. It made our stay much more enjoyable. Thank you, Debbie.

A great place to stay with fantastic staff and facilities
    • NK1 King Room - Non-Smoking

On Friday night there were a bunch of young people unsupervised yelling and banging on our door and jumping the fence and being loud in the yard.I was very thankful when it finally stopped at about 11pm.

The staff were very accommodating and switched rooms and credited my credit card when I mentioned a small issue. I was surprised and thrilled.The room I switched to was even better than the one I booked for my stay. The beds were comfortable. The staff helpful. The pool the right temperature and clean. It was one of the best places I've ever stayed at.

Great place to work out!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I could smell the cigarette and other kind of smoke from neighboring room or from across the hallway. View to a parking lot not very interesting. NO SIGNS to enter or exit hotel from the road. Very poor signage at entrance from parkway road as there are two other lots one before one after the hotel entrance. Can only go on way from parking lot. Didn't learn till last day that there was another exit because no signage and no one gave me a map or any explanation as to how to get in and out of the hotel when I said I was renting a car. Really frustrating! No room service. Restaurant next to hotel closes at 10pm.

The gym was amazing! Great workouts with trainers daily - loads of equipment. The room was perfectly adequate with a small fridge and microwave, which were great! Cleaning staff did a good job each day - was there for 7 days in main building. Comfortable bed and good shower.

Good value for Niagara Falls visit
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Nothing to be accomplished. Well maintained and priced low to make up for location. Very convenient to major highways. No I do not get a good rating for keeping the notes in order.

The staff here was way above and beyond the usual. Highly professional typical of high end hotel. This area was all concrete and highways so not much to be done for ambience. Canadians seem to be heavy smokers and that was a negative in terms of clientele. I changed rooms due to smoke coming into first floor room from outside the building. Connected to restaurant that did poor job with breakfast fruit.

The front desk staff were friendly and polite.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room smelled a little stuffy. There were stains on the carpet and I pulled the nightstand out to plug in something and it was so dusty I didn't want to put my hand down there. It was obvious it has not been cleaned. This was the most expensive hotel we stayed at throughout our trip and it wasn't the cleanest.

The front desk staff were friendly and polite.

3.0
    NO,NO,NO
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was a sport tourney in the area and the place was overrun with kids and families. The hotel has a noise policy, but it was still noisy and dirty - vomit in the hallways. I actually was afraid to leave my room once we got there.

There was nothing good about this property - unless you count checking out in the morning. No breakfast served, so we got out early. The rest of our day was great! The desk clerks seemed deaf and blind.

Room was really gross floor had stains, tub was dirty,...
    • NK1 King Room - Non-Smoking

Room was really gross floor had stains, tub was dirty, toilet barely flushed. We were there for a wedding and it was just there for sleep. But any longer I would have left.

2 star with 1 star pillows
    • NK1 King Room - Non-Smoking

Didn't like: the bed, the pillows, the hole in the armchair, the stain on the carpet, the blistering on the entire bathroom wall and the little metal door in the bathroom that magically opened very strange. I would rate this hotel as a 2 star with 1 star pillows

Yuck
    • NK1 King Room - Non-Smoking

The bathtub was old, and dirty looking, so we didn't shower, the chair in the room, looked like it had body fluid on it, and the decor was terrible.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Staff was great, easy to check in and out, lots of parking,...
    • NK1 King Room - Non-Smoking

There was hockey tournament 😒. Not the hotels fault, they reacted quickly to our complaints and we got free breakfast at Perkins!

Staff was great, easy to check in and out, lots of parking, close to restaurants and highway

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Actually enjoyed my stay was nice and peaceful slept like a baby
    • NK1 King Room - Non-Smoking

The sauna if that's what you call a sauna was not hot at all in fact the pool room I believe may have been warmer than the sauna

The staff were very accommodating the room was very nice the bed was super comfortable

It was an ok hotel nice clean hotel great pool and gym...
    • NQQ1 Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Noise rules security on floors telling you to shut your door and not talk and walk in halls ruins any sport related functions but good for travellers

It was an ok hotel nice clean hotel great pool and gym restaurant attached and Walmart Costco and s mall one block away right off highway 15 min drive to the falls or 20 min drive to wellsnd a bit pricey at 189 a night on the weekends I thought for what you get but otherwise nice 👍🏽

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Off Hwy location is great
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom tub in my room looked old. It was clean but just needs a facelift to make it seem more appealing.

Comfortable beds. My room faced the back of the hotel and was very quiet. Front desk staff was accommodating and friendly. Free wifi was a strong signal and never dropped. Perkins restaurant is a few steps away and has a great breakfast.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Hockey Teams create havoc
    • NK1 King Room - Non-Smoking

I booked online and didn't realize there were 5 hockey teams staying there, at the same time. The office handled the noise complaint and broke the hall party up. Stay was ok but didn't get much rest.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

The location was perfect, the staff friendly and helpful.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel needs some refreshing, paint in some areas.

The location was perfect, the staff friendly and helpful. The room was clean and beds comfortable.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

I was comfortable, thanks.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

FYI the sliding door was not secure. I know this is an aging hotel. The patio door did not have a lock and the 'bar' to secure the door was also broken. The grout around the floor and tub was in need of repair. Just little things.

I was comfortable, thanks. I would visit again. I will be in the area many times over the next 5 years. Nice pool for a quick aqua workout. I like that you placed me on the side with the pool and the green space. WAY better than being in the parking lot.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Good place to stay
    • NK1 King Room - Non-Smoking

I would have preferred that the Perkins was accessible from inside the Days Inn. Going outside to the restaurant is not pleasant during cold and rain or snow.

Bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Arrive at hotel; no reservation in their system.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We arrived at the hotel to find our booking.com reservation was not in the hotel's booking system. After an hour of talking to the front desk attendants and having to print out an email confirmation of my booking.com reservation, the front desk person told me it meant nothing to the hotel. Understandably we were very upset, thinking we had pre-paid for a reservation through booking.com at this hotel with our credit card, yet not having a hotel room reserved. Quite distressing! What ever screw up happened with booking.com 's system, I demand compensation from booking.com for this terrible occurance. A credit in the form of a free nights stay at the same type of hotel is the least booking.com could do for me, if booking.com wants me to ever use their service again. Sincerely, Andrew Mittag

Bed was comfortable, shower worked well and room was clean.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Checked out early
    • NK1 King Room - Non-Smoking

The reservation was registered under a weird name however the staff behind the counter was very understanding and courteous

The room was musky and the smell of old stale smoke the bed was shabby and the pillows of sponge it was trying to sleep on a beach ball

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Horrible management
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The manager was horrendous. We called because we would be arriving early. I spoke to a woman at the desk and she assured me that the room would be ready in time, and this was important because we were going to a wedding and had to get ready. When we arrived I was greeted by the same woman, I recognized her voice because she had an accent. The manager came over and took over for some reason when he heard that we were trying to check in early. This man looked like he had never smiled in his entire life. He was incredibly rude and was telling us that we didnt call because they would have put it in their system. I assured him I called, several times, but he basically said I was a liar because there was no way they wouldn't have put it in the system. I even showed him the call log in my phone which showed a call of almost ten minutes and he confirmed it was the correct phone number but still said I wasn't telling the truth. He told us that we would have to wait because our room wouldn't be ready until 4pm(it was around 230pm), the wedding was in Jordan Station at 430pm so we were very upset. Housekeeping called a second later and said our room was ready, confirming that I had requested an early check in. The man didn't apologize at all, just said here is your room. I was with my husband, we are a young couple and look much younger than we are and believe that that was why we were treated so horrendously. We are both young professionals and are disgusted with this man and have no idea how he could hold any kind of position, let alone management at this hotel. I will absolutely never return here.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Nice hotel for low price
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No movie options , no room service , no breakfast, no screen in window - for slightly more money, could have got all amenities

Low price , clean, basic, everything worked , easy to get to

Good value but outdated.
    • NQQ1 Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was in rough shape with molds in the corners. It is outdated and in serious need of renovation.

Well appointed rooms. Beds were comfortable. Great location with shopping and numerous restaurants within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

The room was clean and comfortable, lovely to come back to...
    • NK1 King Room - Non-Smoking

I was sorry that I had chosen a hotel without a complimentary breakfast, continental or otherwise. I didn't pay enough attention to that at the time of booking and that is why I would not return to this hotel

The room was clean and comfortable, lovely to come back to after our days away

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Excellent Visit with Excellent Location.
    • NQQ1 Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Location was excellent. Short drive from the hotel to where my son lives and our new granddaughter. Good restaurants close by and stores. Staff was very friendly and helpful when we asked for a map/directions.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

6.0
    bed was very comfortable
    • NK1 King Room - Non-Smoking

besides the desk,it would be nice to have a table with the chair in the room to enjoy a snack or drink.not the cleanest place that we have stayed in,but o.k.,a bit tired

bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Just a place to sleep
    • NQQ1 Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The front desk staff were not friendly or helpful. The room www not set up for 4 of us - not enough towels etc. we were told there was no more conditioner for our hair & the ice machine was broken The bathroom www dirty.

The location was convenient.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

microwave and fridge
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

not near downtown, not accessible by GO train, we took transfers.

fridge and microwave, nice lobby, lots of places to sit in the main floor, near a mall

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

What are we paying for?
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was damp and poorly cleaned. The bathroom outlet had a broken-off ground pin sticking out of the lower socket. Front desk had little to say regarding food or attraction recommendations. Bad coffee, no room service (despite adjacent restaurant), and they put us on the second floor despite their policy of putting pets on the first. Also, watch out for sneaky hidden fees tacked onto already pricey per night rates.

The location is central enough that it's a good base of operations for exploring the surrounding area.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Great stay! Would recommend to anyone!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pillows were a little too soft for me but everyone has their own preference! Perhaps just bring your own just in case! :)

The front desk staff were amazing! I forgot my credit card when I checked in and panicked! Debbie, was amazing and worked it all out for me and was very understanding! For staying on the Long Weekend, the price was very reasonable and only about a 10 minute drive from the wedding we were attending!

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

We requested an early check in, they did not call to say we...
    • NQQ1 Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We requested an early check in, they did not call to say we didn't get one we when we showed up at noon to get ready for a wedding a few hours later we were turned away.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

I was happy to have a fridge and microwave in our room.
    • NQQ1 Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Too bad there is no continental breakfast at this hotel.

I was happy to have a fridge and microwave in our room. Staff was friendly. Located close to restaurants and other shops.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

We just got home and went through our hotel bill as it...
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We just got home and went through our hotel bill as it seemed a bit higher than expected. Upon review and a phone call to Days Inn we are told that we were charged an extra 5% facility fee. Beware, they advertise free parking and wifi yet we were told that this helps make up the fee.

Proximity of restaurants.

Couldn't fault anything

Proximity of restaurants. Friendly staff. Easy access to highway.

The room was too small for my $$

Small room for my $$

The staff was very friendly and helpful.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The rooms are outdated, but clean

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

I would stop here any time

the price ,location,clean

perfect for our stop over

Staff very respectful
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Building needs a little more love and care.

Staff very respectful

Perfect.
    • NK1 King Room - Non-Smoking

Clean Room. Friendly Staff.

had a great time
    • NQQ1 Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

pillows very uncomfortable too small

the area was very good for us

Close to restaurants and fitness facilities

A bit dated

Close to restaurants and fitness facilities

Rooms were tired, needs updating

Rooms were tired, needs updating

Nice place to stay
    • NQQ1 Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Very little parking in front of the building.

The pool was quiet, as was the room. We could walk right next door to a restuarant as well.

Over priced for the hotel that it was and they took a 100...
    • NQQ1 Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Over priced for the hotel that it was and they took a 100 more then they were suppose to off my credit card

Good place for a one night stopover.

The bathroom fan didn't work. Would have been nice to have a restaurant on the premises without having to go outside.

Convince place

Convince place

Location was perfect.

Pets are allowed !

The room was clean. The price was right. The staff was really friendly and welcoming.

Getting to the restaurant, had to walk outside

Getting to the restaurant, had to walk outside

Good location - close to bars and restaurants

Not much on site

Close to bars & restaurants which was all I needed.

Would stay again if situation arises.
    • NK1 King Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom a little small. No table for eating at with company, only a desk. Coffee was horrible.

Room was clean and comfortable bed and chairs.

comfortable and convenient
    • NQQ1 Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed was a bit too soft for my liking. Woke with a back ache

Very convenient to the Bruce Trail and Port Dalhousie

Has a mini fridge and micro wave in room.
    • NK1 King Room - Non-Smoking

Very basic. No frills such as special toiletries.

Has a mini fridge and micro wave in room.

Very pleasant staff and accommodating.
    • NQQ1 Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds was comfortable.

very helpful young at reception

noisy teenagers roaming the halls at 2 am

comfortable beds very good breakfast

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Good location and service of front desk exceeded expectations.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The peeling paint in the bathroom and bathroom was fairly cleaned.

Friendliness and service of front desk staff.

I got stuck in the elevator and my key cards didn't work

I got stuck in the elevator and my key cards didn't work

Great stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Great dinner restaurant within walking distance and great breakfast restaurant next door. Friendly staff. Quiet, clean room. Will stay again.

Fantastic
    • NQQ1 Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

It would b nice if breakfast could be included or a vocher towards breakfast at the restaurant

Value for money close to everything Staff phenomenal

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

quiet relaxing weekend excellent located to anything you might want to do.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

it was quiet and relaxing

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

It waa fir

Price

It waa fir

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Once on site every thing went well
    • NQQ1 Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

To find the address was hard even with the GPS

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Comfortable, Affordable
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Older Days Inn style, comfortable and clean.

Five floors, was quiet during the week. Great location right off Lake Street exit of QEW

The location was great.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It is an older facility but maintained.

The location was great.