Reviews of Accent Inns Burnaby 3 stars

3777 Henning Drive, V5C 6N5 Burnaby, Canada

#4 of 10 hotels in Burnaby

No lounge area in the front near the reception area and no ambience at all in the reception area. No decent hotel based restaurant. Yes..... There is a Ricky's attached but the food quality is modest. Not much around. A commercial industrial area overall.

Superb staff. Super communication. Comfy beds. Clean room. Easy to find. Free parking. CLOSE TO THE SKY TRAIN!!!

Do not serve breakfast, but there is 24h good free coffee and fruits (apple/orange) at the reception. Besides the hotel there is a place where we can have breakfast.

In a walking distance to the SkyTrain (metro). Easy check in and check out. Plenty parking spaces.

No electric vehicle charging available. Parking stalls are extremely small (narrow).

Within easy reach of the city center, but in a relatively quiet neighbourhood.

Would have liked if the hot-tub was opened until a reasonable time.... 11:00 pm is the norm. There's closed at 10:00pm. Also, when we checked to stay for an extra night the room price had more than doubled, so not sure if its always affordable....

Room did not have a fridge. We travel with business a lot and taking healthy food that needs refrigeration is important to us

Location suited our needs well. Staff was professional and friendly.

It was close to the concert venue we needed to get to, that was the main selling point. The staff were very polite, the room was clean, and I loved the snarky notes around the room! The rubber duck was the cherry on top of everything. Would totally come here again!

Love the friendly atmosphere. Humorous notes and the little duckies, for example, made me smile. Ricky's Restaurant is next door and very convenient--and it has been a favourite of mine for years. The room is spotless and comfortable and quiet.

There was no complimentary breakfast, I was surprised by this . They should be offering complimentary breakfast as almost all hotels do now.

Room was modern and current looking and very clean!

I think you need an automatic door opener at the front entrance, so people don't have to struggle with their luggage trying to get inside.

The bed was very comfy. It was nice and quiet.

Walls are thin. You can hear guests in adjoining rooms. A safe in the room would be good for valuables. Not as close to Skytrain as your website says

The AC was temperamental and probably needed serviced.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Generally clean and would stay again, however to nitpick the shower curtain stank of mildew and coffee pot wasn't clean. Also we loved easy access to grassy areas for our dog, but these areas were recently fertilized.

Comfortable, recently renovated motel-style accommodation in good location close to Gilmore station with efficient staff. Pets allowed for a fee ($20 per night during our stay), with non-carpet flooring, easily accessible grassy areas.

Souless place. Each room has only one window at the front. There is no kettle. The coffee machine doubles as a kettle which means that the water is not hot enough for tea.

price and staff

The air conditioner was noisy and not much for the TV programs to watch. There wasn't much of choices to go out and eat. We saw some of the fast-food restaurants but we have to cross the busy highway so we didn't try.

Young staff at the front desk was very smiley and friendly. Microwave in our room didn't work ( It was more likely something wrong with the plugs) so I told the staff, when we came back from town, It was fixed. Very nice

Large modern clean rooms with great Wifi, ideal for business travelers or if you want to stay out of town they even included a plastic duck to have with your bath. Easy access to the sky Train into Vancouver and the Airport

• Room Selected at Check-In

The hotel was unaware of our booking because Booking.com did not inform them. There were other Booking.com customers there who had just given up trying to find host at another booking.com reservation and had to come many miles to find a room. We were releived they happened to have a room for us.

The hosts were great in the face of not having been informed by Booking.com about our reservation. They upgraded us to a wonderful room.

Nothing, all was perfect for me.

The room was spacious with very restful colours. The bed was very comfortable with writing desk and bench space. Good refrigerator and iron and ironing table. The bathroom is spacious and the best of all until last - the little rubber duck on the side of the bathtub. Puts a smile on the dial !! Very reasonable café next door in the complex, I found it to be very good value for money.

Had to change rooms immediately after checking in as first room smelled of cigarette smoke (even though promised had never been a smoking room). Once we got a new room, everything was great.

Beds were comfy and a nice convenience with a toddler to have a fridge and microwave.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

First stayed here about 5 years ago because it is pet friendly. The place is OK/decent. I have no real major complaints other than I do believe they charge higher than a lot of similar type of quality hotels simply because they are not in too bad of a location once the hotels in, or closer to, the City of Vancouver BC are booked. Prices are clearly dictated by availability and I would say there is clearly price gouging during peak travel times. Am not very satisfied with the restaurant that anchors the hotel, (Ricky's?). I have been there about three times and each time I was disappointed.The last time when I went to pick up a to-go order I did not see any staff-NONE- in the restaurant for 15 minutes. The gal finally came and apologized and said she was sorry, only after another customer alerted her that I had been waiting for acknowledgment for 15 minutes. She had been on her cell phone in the back room, that excuse does not cut it for me. Will not go back to Ricky's, but may find myself staying at Accent Inn in the future if it serves my purpose of timing/pet needs/availability and price. Otherwise, there are other places I would prefer if I plan my stay in Canada in advance. Staff is professional, just lacking in personable skills per my experiences.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Everything was good, even WiFi!

Beds were quite comfy, housekeeping staff made up our child's bed with all his special things on it. Made his trip very happy. Room was meticulous.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

The pillows and shower head need to be better. The pillows flatten quickly. The shower head sprays water in a wide circle around your body. The hot tub was filthy. Had to wipe the dirt and hair off the sides before getting in. Staff said they would look into this right away. Sauna did not work.

The room was large a clean. Ample parking. Location was good. Beds were comfortable. It was nice there was a hot tub and sauna, see concerns below Also a bathroom in with the hot tub do you can change and dry off.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

The staff was really kind to me. They arranged for me to be able to get into my room earlier, because of snow related inconvenience. During the power out they were really nice as well. They let me print my boarding pass, weigh my suitcases, etc. All very considerate. Special thanks to David! And the Monday morning staff

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Cannot think of anything that I don't like. I've always had a nice, quiet and restful time at the Accent Inn.

I've stayed at the Accent Inn 3-4 x per year for the past five or more years. The Inn is always clean, quiet and very comfortable. It feels like home away from home. There are kitchen units available, which are well stocked and clean or sometimes I stay without the kitchen but there is always a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker for small breakfast or go to the lobby for delicious cup of coffee. The price is perfect. I prefer staying here over some of the larger hotels nearby. It's safe and quiet. Close to the skytrain to go downtown. I highly recommend the Accent Inn.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

There was too much light coming in from the outside window.

The kitchenette was a nice surprise. We also enjoyed the information being given in a humorous way.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

we were very pleased with the serivce and room. it was not over the top, but nice and warm and had a comfy bed. All we needed for a night's stay.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Query could be explained when booking in as I find it a hassle that we have to check our booking and verify it the second time round.

No breakfast included. Slightly far from shopping and eateries that can be reached by walking. Great staff who explained the added charges when queried the economy time. Clean and comfortable for our 4 day stay. Recommended.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

We were on the ground level and at times the noise level was very high. Next time would request upper level.

Everything was very clean. The coffee from the lobby was very tasty. Hot tub and sauna were enjoyable.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

A discount at the adjoining restaurant would have been nice.

Always a pleasure with the Accent Inn. Lots of parking, friendly staff, large and clean rooms with comfortable beds. Love my rubber ducky friends!

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

We expected an appartment with facilities for longterm stay. But it was actually like most other motels, but a very nice one. since we did not plan to cook, it was quite OK with us. Breakfast we had at our own at the restaurant next door.

the appearance of our room was very likable: nice colors at the wall, well equipped for motel standard, good beds etc. Location is right at the boundare between Vancouver and the city of Burnaby. Skytrain station to downtown about one kilometer away. Travelling by car about 20 to 30 minutes (depending on traffic) to downtown or most other places of interest.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

The tap over the sink was really sticky and I got sprayed trying to pry it open. My husband didn't like the soap and shampoo dispensers.

The location was great for us as we were seeing Grouse Mountain and the Capllano Suspension Bridge so it was easy to get to. Was also close to my relatives.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Noisy bathroom fan. Overall lighting was OK but not great for reading. Florescent ceiling lamp above sink tended to flicker and if there is 2 bulbs one of them finally burnt out!

Beds were comfortable. Cleaning staff were prompt and efficient and friendly. Check in and check out was efficient with friendly staff. Although not part of your complex the little coffee shop in the public parking lot is a real gem!

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

It's comfortable, clean, quiet and well run; this has been our accommodation choice for a number of years. The location is excellent: by car, it's convenient for getting out of town and heading east but, as well, there's a sky train stop just a few minutes walk away. It is also an easy walk to pleasant restaurant facilities.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

There's no microwaves in the room and it would be great if there was more space for baggage accomodation in the room.

Wood floor is perfect. Parking lot and wi-fi free. Good bed and bath. The room is clean and has iron available.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

You definitely need a car if you plan to travel to residential areas . A shuttle is available for trips to area malls.Taxi seemed to be the only alternative.I would have appreciated more orientation to the services on the property when checking in.

Location for our visit excellent. We found the area quiet. Glad to have a restaurant on the property as well as fridge and microwave in the room..Evening staff were very conscientious and arranged transportation to airport and wake up call on time.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

I booked a different hotel for my trip on the 21st because the staff would not honor online pricing I found through Trivago. I was told they would be too busy to match the online offer.

Staff on check-out were in much better moods than when I checked in.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

The mini-fridge did not have a small freezer in it and the cupboard it was enclosed in kept it from cooling off so it overheated and therefore did not cool inside very well. I kept the cupboard door open to allow the fridge to work properly.

The beds weren't the most comfortable but everything was very clean.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

Better vending amenities for the late night snacker.

Great staff, very friendly. Lots of close parking. Large room with comfortable beds and pillows. Close to major highways and roads making travel easy. Excellent breakfast next door at Ricky's. Entertaining signs and free rubber ducky! Will stay at another Accent Inn 100%.

No breakfast

Was really disappointed there was no breakfast included, however I found the staff very pleasant and the room very comfortable

High priced

Location, customer service was great

Staff was really friendly. Room was just what I needed, and was clean.

The bathroom is small.

The location is what I needed.

I left something in the room and the staff wasn't very helpfull in getting it back

the price

The pillows were great

The decor at the hotel was really modern & the colour sceam was beautiful!!

Laundry available on site. People are friendly.

We arrived early and staff were very accommodating getting us a room so we could settle in.

bathrooms be nice if they were bigger with a bit more privacy

Extremely quiet for location

• Room Selected at Check-In

Fridge contained food prev ious guest Noisy upstairs

Very clean room and comfortable bef

Very comfortable

Quiet location

X

Great pillows clean. Courteous staff

The room was clean, the coffee was good. The staff were helpful and funny.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Overpriced, room was far to expensive for what it actually is. Room had a unpleasant smell.

• Room Selected at Check-In

didn't find anything that I was disappointed in

clean room comfortable beds

Spacious room and quiet. The hanging baskets outside are blooming beautifully.

Hotel was wonderful

The room was very clean and the guy in reception was very helpful. Would definitely recommend it.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

No ice machine on second floor--VERY inconvenient to go down to the bottom level.

Bed was very comfortable, and bathrooms soo clean

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

No pool

It needs a pool

Road noise on even numbered side of the building.

didn't dislike anything

Staff were all extremely nice, room was clean, beds were extremely comfortable, in a good area, close to everything

Loved the shuttle available for transportation to nearby attractions. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Great value.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

No problems

Attitude of staff Location Facility provided

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

We had a little kichen. Loved making my tea and making snacks.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

So dog friendly!!!

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

wonderful front desk service our special requests met Most important the rooms are always very clean and smell clean,

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Was not feeling safe with heating system.

Friendlyness of staff. Comfort of room

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

comfortable

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

For the location it was very quiet

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

the hallway lights were to bright at night

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Exterior room access

Location, very central. Cleanliness Room size

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

No bottle openers in the room.

Well situated if you have vehicle. Free parking. Ricky's Restaurant is right there.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

there is nothing that i didn't like

the closeness to eveything

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Connor is awesome

curtains didn't overlap properly so light got in

no eggs offered - good bed - quiet - access to Skytrain