Reviews of Accent Inns Vancouver Airport 3 stars

10551 St Edwards Drive, V6X 3L8 Richmond, Canada

#8 of 24 hotels in Richmond

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Decor was somewhat faded - reminiscent of 1950s Britain. No food available and the only suggestion made was Macdonalds!

Very comfortable bed - very welcome after a long flight. Shuttle from airport also appreciated.

Clean room, comfortable bed, decent price, waited one hour for shuttle bus, called hotel still didn’t come, took taxi which they reimbursed me for. Breakfast consisted of muffins in the lobby, no restaurant on site and not very close to anything.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff helped us out when we where late getting to the airport. The hotel has been renovated but still seems retro so has a certain charm, felt like when I was a kid!

Staff so very accommodating even at our late arrival at 3:30 a.m. Shuttle driver. (Lady) was so very pleasant at picking us up at the airport at 3:15 a.m.! Will definitely stay there again! Thank you

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The extractor fan and hairdryer did not work. Previous occupants Recycling in the bin and dirty tissue and sweet wrapper on the floor. The pay machine was sold out of any bottles of water.

Quiet attractive location. Rooms are spacious and the bed very comfortable. The bedding was a good quality and new looking mattress etc.

There was nothing that I did not like.

Reception was excellent. They met my special requests in a very nice way. Room was spacious and comfortable. Location excellent especially for airport access.

• Deluxe Junior Suite

The entrance door doesn't close well so that the noise from the highway and the planes is quite loud.

The location is great for early departures to the airport as it is a short drive to the airport and a great choice of Asian restaurants nearby.

Very busy airport hotel....always had to wait at the front desk because of line ups just to even ask a question. You just have to be patient.

Room size, extremely clean...location.

• Deluxe Queen Studio with Kitchenette

Bed was a double when a queen or king would have been much more preferable. It was comfortable.

Staff were excellent. Very friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. Room was large with mini fridge & stove. It was a little dated. Very clean.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff were friendly and helpful, and the room was perfect for our needs. We really appreciated the complimentary bus shuttle - that was a big plus for us. Overall, we were very happy with our experience.

Noisy.. you can listen your neighboors, the cars or the planes.. Besides, if you have a flight to catch, don't leave too late with the free shuttle (many people use it and only few can fit in it.. some guests had to wait for the next one.. as for me, I arrived just when passengers were boarding for my flight.. stressing!!!)

The rooms are clean, nice, spacious and with everything you may need.. Very well situated for an airport hotel.. but only for that..

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Accent Inns has a good sense of humour as evidenced by statements on their keycard ("We give a DUCK. No, seriously, there's one in your room.") and the survey card in the room. We took the rubbery ducky with the hotel's blessing. This location is great for getting to/from the airport quickly.

The fact I was shipped to a bad room on check in and told it was an upgrade. That was not nice and I was too travel weary to fight it out. But it was correctednext day and I was very happy with that.

I liked the fact that the morning staff went out of their way to correct a booking error and mved us to a great room like I had asked for originally.

All was good !

Sense of humor regarding rubber duckie, hotel pen, toiletries made me laugh and definitely be back. Very quaint w all hanging baskets as well.

My husband snoring!!!! lol

The staff at the front desk were aces, we had a change in schedule and had to cancel the second day and they help me and were so great about it.

Overall it is pleasant except that we would prefer a room away from the stairs where we could see people going up and down and we had to close the curtains on a beautiful day. Also, an automatic door would be good to the front desk as it is hard to push our luggage through.

The room has a king bed which we love and very comfortable pillows. It is quiet facing the other side away from traffic.

This property is severely understaffed. I waited over 30 minutes just for check-in and almost as long for check-out because there was only 1 person working the front desk. Also the hot tub in this place was pretty much the size of the bathtub!

The rooms were clean and fairly spacious. The air conditioning was good and not too loud. There was lots of parking and it is definitely very close to the airport. The shuttle bus to the airport is also a convenient feature.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The toilet needs fixing. We had to adjust the chain and plug in the tank after each flush. At check in, The front desk staff gave us wrong info about the shuttle time; however, the day staff kindly called the shuttle back for us.

Comfortable, proximity to the airport

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Booking states that this property has a restaurant on site. There is no restaurant but there are a few within walking distance.

Very clean. Great beds. Friendly staff.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite with Kitchenette

Our room was quiet, couldn't hear any traffic noise. I couldn't eat or drink anything because I had to be at the Cancer Agency for a procedure. I would probably stay here again, the price is very reasonable. Thanks for the rubber duck!!!!!!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I stayed 2nd floor. Wifi signal is quite weak.

It is convenience for this hotel. Not too far from airport, and the hotel provide shuttle bus to airport. We had asked information at Reception and we get a good suggestion for shuttle bus. It is so convenience for this hotel.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Noise between rooms and from the outside...could hear our neighbours clear as day and passersby the room outside, rolling suitcases by all night.

Bed was comfy, room very clean

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Advertised as having an onsite restaurant but none available. Although there are a few nearby ones

The location is reasonably close to a bus stop which is a short drive to the Aberdeen Skytrain station. Very comfortable beds. Clean. Pleasant helpful staff. Free 24 hour shuttle to and from airport.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There is no restaurant, breakfast room at the hotel

Easy to get to from the airport with free shuttle bus.. clean comfortable bed, convenient for overnight stay. Short walk to nearby restaurants, bars. Liked the 15 minute walk to continental plaza, lots of Asian restaurants. Had delicious dinner there.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Accent Inn is very near to the airport and they have a free shuttle bus. The staff were very friendly and accomodating. I also love that their beds are very comfortable and clean.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No restaurant on location however one is being organised for this year

The free 24 hour airport shuttle which operated every 30 minutes. Comfortable beds.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

A bench outside for people who are waiting for shuttle service would be nice. Putting A proper outdoor ashtray for the dirty smokers who put their butts out in the planters,on the ground and even the top of the garbage bin, would be a smart thing to do.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No breakfast included.☹️ For $129 it should be included. I find it very inconvenient to go out for breakfast.

The decor and colors if the room, the divided bathroom and two comfortable chairs for relaxation. The rubber ducky in the bathroom made me laugh!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No restaurant, though you do get a 15% discount at very nice nearby cafe with your room card. Bit like a motel, rooms on the ground floor with the windows overlooking the cars out front. It would help if the tax was included in the price on Booking.com as it comes in nearly $20 more expensive. Still good value for money compared to hotels nearby.

One of the comfiest beds I've ever had in a hotel! Little funny touches, like a rubber duck in the room as a gift for guests, and a note that tells you reception has free of charge loads of toiletries and anything you might have forgotten to pack. Iron, and ironing board a nice touch. Very convenient for the airport, with a shuttle. Good place if you just want to get over a long haul flight before you start your holiday and close to explore downtown Vancouver. Fairly quiet despite being in a busyish area. No frills, but you get what you pay for.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Property advertises restaurant online, when checking in there was no restaurant. Part of the reason we booked here as we were 3 families with small children....and no car to drive around in!

Bed was comfortable . Good location to Vancouver Airport.

When I arrived the hotel, the staff in front desk couldn't found my booking and give me the answer the hotel is full no room for me. I gave him my confirmation email but he didn't handle it and through the email to his colleague to handle. Finally, it is settled but he insist us need to check out and check in again which we have the booking with 2 night stay. How impolite and rude of the staff!!! Very disappointed with him.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff were welcoming and friendly. The rooms were comfortable and clean. To me the little touches stood out such as a friendly rubber duck greeting us in the bathroom and coffee and muffins as we checked out. I would stay here again.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Their shuttle bus was held up in traffic. They called taxis for all the guests waiting to go to the airport to avoid missing flights. Excellent service.

Nothing to complain about

Room spacious and updated, comfortable beds, good location, if you travel through Vancouver and you like to stay close to airport

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

rooms overall (mattress) could use facelift. With early wakeup, we brewed our coffee in the provided pot, but, even tho we had rinsed pot before brewing, coffee came out with an oil film on the top - we didn't touch it. Not a great wakeup. (so relieved to find good coffee in lobby)

staff was great, even with 4am airport shuttle. Thank you for having good coffee downstairs, and BIG THANK YOU for not using Keurig cups but for being environmentally responsible!!!!

• Deluxe Queen Studio with Kitchenette

Some aircraft noise & air conditioning unit right next to the bed

Free airport shuttle, free coffee & muffins, coin laundry & kitchenette room

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I woke up this morning wishing I was in the bed at the Accent Inn, along with the pillow and I was in my own bed! The room was clean and very tastefully decorated as well. I will probably stay should we need an over night location for vacation.

????

the beds were comfy, staff very helpful, service was prompt, since we were country bumpkins, and learned the route it got easier, the youth loved it, and now they know a great place to stay if they go to Richmond again, thank you

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bathroom tap water pressure was so strong it went from zero to Niagara at the slightest touch! And there was a queue at the front desk with no staff in sight.

Yes, the beds were super.

• Deluxe Queen Studio with Kitchenette

Minor things:The ceiling was a little cracked in one place and the tv sound wasn’t very clear unless you made it real loud. We couldn’t find the do not disturb sign, but I wondered if it was because there was a kitchen involved. Nothing we didn’t like, it was all good

The kitchenette and all its offerings, as well as the set up of table and couch made it comfortable and pleasant! I like that it offered bikes to borrow, and may plan for that next time. Parking, WiFi, kitchenette, shuttle to airport what more could we ask for?

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The I hop was closed no mention of this for food suggestions

Stayed a number of times always a good night's sleep and free shuttle bus to airport good

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The rooms are very large, beds are excellent. There is a coffee maker in the room and a good TV. A desk and chair make any computer work convenient. Free wifi was easy to connect to and reasonably fast.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Sky train station is a little bit far.

Room was big and comfortable. Laundry facilities, ice machine and microwave available. Staffs were helpful. Wifi was fast and stable.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No restaurant attached to the hotel (as advertised on booking.com) as its currently under renovations. However there is restaurants within walking distance and complimentary coffee and muffins in the lobby.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and spacious. The location was perfect.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We asked for a wake up call but never received one, it was lucky we set our alarms otherwise we could have missed our 6.30am flight. The shuttle was very late running, and they were not prepared the the number of passengers waiting at 4.15am, which made a whole lot of the us late for check-in.

Comfortable bed Proximity to the airport made it easy for early morning flight

A bit of a wait for shuttle at airport. Likely due to the fact we must have missed the one that just left. Comes by on the 1/2 and top of each hour...

Comfy place to lie our head before our final flight home!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The pick up could come more often. We stood out in the wind & snow at 11:25 pm until midnight with just a top over us----it was more than just cold!!!!!!! It spoilt our stay at your hotel. We may reconsider our stay again. Other than that, it was a good experience.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We arrived from the US and waited 3 cycles of shuttles from other hotels without any from the Accent Inn. We ended up catching a cab to the hotel, which the hotel reimbursed, but in the meantime, our friends waiting for us, finally went on to the restaurant without us.

Bed was good. Shuttle service coming in was non-existent.

The location. it said it was 5km from the airport but it was still a 15 minute cab ride

The bed was very comfy, the flooring was brand new in the room which was a nice touch.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There wasn't a restaurant or continental breakfast. Came from Asia, would've appreciated access to some food/beverages.

The bed was amazing.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Check in was chaotic - lots of people checking in but only one person working. I had booked 2 rooms under my name online & was asked to provide a name (my daughter) for the 2nd room. Upon check in discovered that the entire reservation was in her name & it took quite awhile to sort this out.

Rooms were clean. Bed was comfortable.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

A coffee and a muffin is not breakfast Compare to Comfort Inn Red Roof Motel 8 All much better! For $140. I would at least expect a cold pancake!

Could have had free coffee in lobby instead of a pay machine. A little more breakfast choices would be nice.

Great mattress on bed, very comfortable! Curtious staff which accommodated our requests.

Nothing, though some may find front facing rooms noisier because of heavy traffic.

Excellent bedding and pillows, very confortable room and spotless overall.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The biggest problem I found was the lack of bottled water. There was only one machine and it was empty of water. As I did not have my own transportation, I couldn't go and find a store to purchase some and, as it was late, I wouldn't have wanted to go out searching for a store.

Room was spacious and bed was comfortable. Airport shuttle was great to have.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The free shuttle service from the airport and next day back to Bridgeport Station was a big plus, very convenient and we didn’t have to wait long. The manager at the reception had a pleasant, calm, friendly and cheerful attitude despite it being 1:15am in the night, when we and several others arrived from the airport. The room was clean, as described and quiete. Very comfortable beds after a 12 hour flight. This will be our Hotel of choice next time when we need to stay in Vancouver before going home.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

If your a light sleeper you might get woken when people roll their luggage along the rough concrete walkways in front of your room, didn't really bother me but wife woke up a couple of times

Great value for a place close to airport with a reliable shuttle , great coffee in lobby , worked great for me.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We were here for a tennis tournament held within walking distance. There was not place to eat at the Accent Inn but it really didn't matter as there was many places a walk or a short drive away. Very convenient location.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite with Kitchenette

We had expected a room that could accommodate three of us - luckily our 3rd person could not make it, as there really was only sleeping accommodation for two in one queen bed; the hide-a-bed couch was terribly uncomfortable.

The room was nice and quiet; it was a suite, so it was quite spacious for a room, though not spacious for a suite; there was really good lighting at the desk - unusual for most hotels; the pillows were comfortable - not way over-stuffed as in most hotels.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was very noisy with car and truck traffic. There was no tea, only coffee. Carpet was not very clean.

Mattresses were comfortable. Close to things we wan’t to do.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Fan in the bathroom was very dirty A system to guarantee seat on the shuttle. Perhaps a sign up sheet

Comfortable beds Spare toothbrush Loved the muffins in the morning Shuttle every fifteen minutes

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Shuttle service from airport to hotel was kind of confusing, when the shuttle approached the pick up location we went up to the edge of the sidewalk and made the obvious we were catching that shuttle and the shuttle just drove past so we had to wait another 30 minutes for the next one.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Too far out of Vancouver for convenient visiting as a tourist. Restaurant on site would be nice. Believe they are working on one and in the meantime there is a McDonald' and a pub across the street.

Large room, comfortable beds, bath room has a tub! Shuttle service to airport.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff was friendly and helpful. The beds were extremely comfortable, exactly what I needed after a long day. The free airport shuttle service was fantastic and it’s a 6 minute walk to the Denny’s for breakfast!

• Deluxe Queen Studio with Kitchenette

I didn’t know we had to reserve a parking spot for our park and fly. It became an unwanted added expense to drive to the airport and pay for airport parking.

Spotless and comfy overall

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Checking out was terrible with rude desk clerk who thought continueing to smoking out side entrance while customers were lining up at desk to check out

Pillows

Without a car, getting to somewhere with decent food was a bit of a struggle. Need to walk a bleak 15 minutes to the nearest mini mall to find food. But the sushi was DELICIOUS once we got there.

Staff is incredibly helpful and accommodating. They had our room ready early so our 1 year old daughter could recuperate after a long flight back from Australia.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was a nasty wet day and the restaurants were a distance away. Would have been nice to have one nearer. It would be nice to be closer to some shopping.

Comfortable stay. Rooms clean. Staff friendly. Airport shuttle.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Waited 25 minutes for he airport shuttle but it was full 🙁 so for the sake of a $20 taxi fare, I would recommend going directly to the taxi stand. That was the only negative though.

Fun attitude of the signs and notices

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

bath fixture plumbing was reversed. as the fixture indicates (... and is typical of most plumbing in north america), 'hot' on the fixture should be counter-clockwise, with 'cold' being clock-wise. this one was reversed. while we figured it out fairly easily, this could be confusing to others especially seniors, so i respectfully suggest the connections be repaired.

Easily accessible on ground floor for those who are mobility impaired.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We booked an accessible room as I am in a wheelchair. Carpet is too thick to wheel around room with ease. Bed too high for transferring to wheelchair. Soap dispensers too far from shower seat. Other than that, stay was good and hotel is close to airport.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Airport shuttle is supposed to be every 30 mins... but we waited for about 40.

It was lovely. We have stayed here before, when we needed relatively close access to BCCH. Only a short shuttle to airport (free). The beds are comfy, like that sink area is separate from toilet/shower (travelling as a family). Check-in/out was easy.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff were welcoming and helpful. Room was large and had all facilities we needed. Efficient shuttle service in morning. Although there is no restaurant on site yet, staff kindly directed us to a nearby place.