Reviews of Accent Inns Victoria 3 stars

#31 of 49 hotels in Victoria

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Adequate for our needs
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Tv reception was not always good and had some trouble with the wifi connection.

The location was great and the breakfast was basic but good. Nice reataurant adjoining and good coffee shop close by. Lots of hot water and rooms always made up promptly. Accent Inns seems to have been updated fairly recently, which was a bonus.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Clean, convenient, road noise
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our room faced the road and it was very noisy. We finally turned the fan on constant as a form of white noise.

The staff was very nice, the room clean, comfortable bed and nice fluffy pillows!

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

The place is a glorified motel.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The check in process took about fifteen minutes. They promised us a shuttle to the marathon in the morning and then when it was time to go they told us that they weren't going downtown because the streets were closed. We had to take a cab.

The location. Close enough to downtown and close to shopping.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

A bit overpriced for the end of Sept.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Light switch for bedside lamps almost impossible to use for anyone experiencing even minor arthritis in wrists or thumb joints. Coffee pot had electrical glitch couldn't make a second cup of tea as it wouldn't turn on

It was quiet at night. TV was easy on and off and channel guide easy to navigate.

The fridge in our room smelled so bad we had to have the...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The fridge in our room smelled so bad we had to have the door open. When I told the staff they offered me an air freshener. Even with the air freshener the entire room smelled like rotting milk and dirty feet. When I checked out I told the staff again about the smell coming from the fridge and mentioned that it should be cleaned before they rent the room again. I was given a verbal apology but no offer of compensation or money off my stay.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Room was clean.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast was very limited and not worth choosing this hotel if looking for inclusive. Our room was right beside operational rooms where staff were loudly working early in the morning and late at night. Rooms like these should offer a discount to customers.

Room was clean.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

The unit was clean and comfortable subject to the comments above.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bathroom could use an upgrade. We are a senior couple, my wife has balance issues and found the tub/shower difficult to access. Toilet could be upgraded to a more modern version.

Great value for the money - breakfast was included and we...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

a couple towels appeared to be unclean but overall, everything was fine

Great value for the money - breakfast was included and we were upgraded to a one bedroom suite

Reasonable stay at Victoria
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Quite a basic hostel. Open balcony approach to all bedrooms. Bathroom is very basic. Breakfast area is small and basic.

Big room with 2 double beds. Lots of parking. Good coffee inside your room

Property was very smart and tidy.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Parking close to front units was often taken by burger bin patrons. Unit could do with a mat inside the door especially when wet outside.

Property was very smart and tidy. Nice to have proper plates, bowls, mugs and metal cutlery for breakfast. Breakfast room was always clean and tidy. Breakfast simple but plentiful.

Room was quite large, plenty of space to move around in
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast wasn't great, not much selection and breakfast room too small for the size of hotel - could never get seating. Ended up on the second floor patio outside.

Room was quite large, plenty of space to move around in

Needs some love from the owners.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room itself room 162 was very dark especially in the bedroom which had no windows. A bit smelly as no fresh air and the AC was very noisy. Low water pressure in the shower and breakfast was poor and one bite of the croissant was enough. Room 162 is a few doors down from the entrance so you can hear cars and people moving about. A bit run down.

The location is about 2.5 kilometers nice walk to the city. The BIN 4 Gourmet Burger restaurant next door was very good. Parking behind the hotel was spacious. Room size was ok.

Needs upgrading
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room! Room 162 was dark and ventilation was poor. The bedroom has no windows and smells a bit. The bathroom very small and the water pressure slow and water temperature fluctuates.

Very good hotel in total
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Nothing really bad, just one day there where no cheese in their breakfast

Very good hotel in total I specially like the sense of humour they used in all their printed materials, I enjoyed it Also the little plastic duck they put in the bathroom was awesome

In Room Number 160 you can hear the next door neighbor take...
    • Standard Queen Room

In Room Number 160 you can hear the next door neighbor take a shower so loudly that it wakes you up if they do so at 2 am. When I mentioned that at check out the apology I got was: „Oh, really? I pass that along.“ Maybe the management should train the staff a little better! When I asked for coins to the laundromat I was asked to try the stores in the area. Well, there are no stores close to the hotel and the businesses on the other street side are furniture stores! Hmmmmm, wonder if they would change my bill?

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

It was a nice stay over all and I would use this hotel again if I have another chance.

About three times during our week-long stay, we found the cleaning of the bathroom unfinished. The cleaner was sprayed on the toilet seat and not wiped off. The used glasses and cups were not changed or cleaned. I don't know if it is usual or not but through my experience, those things have been always taken care of when staying at a hotel. Because of the misinformation of one front desk staff, we couldn't use the shuttle bus one morning and had to walk to the bus stop which was 20 minute-away, too far for two old ladies and a little child. It led to be great inconvenience.

The front desk taff was friendly and very helpful. We arrived at the hotel much later than we had planned because of the flight being cancelled. When they learned we couldn't go out to any restaurant, they offered their breakfast room for us to have delivered food in. It was really kind of them. The breakfast was very nice, having various kinds of food and there were always clean dishes available, and dirty ones taken away. The staff was always attending to make sure things were okay.

Pleasant stay in an ideal location in Victoria.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Parking was a bit of a problem. All near parking sites are full by 7 pm. The resturant Bin 4's patrons use other available parking spots. I parked one evening within easy walking distance from my room out of the six evenings stayed there. The parking is on a significant incline and difficult for elderly folks to cross.

The hotel is very presentable. The beds were good and the rooms clean. Very well located near to downtown and the shopping malls of Mayfair and Uptown. Breakfast follows the current recyclable theme.

Very bad stay
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The guests abovee partied all night, yelling, stomping and crashing around. When I went to the front desk at 4am the staff told me they would ask them to be quiet and gave me $20 off my total bill. I might as well have just slept in my car that night. Very angry I was still made to pay for my room for that night minus $20. I will never be going back.

It's an affordable option, just a couple of miles from downtown. Clean, nice rooms and helpful staff
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast was a high carb nightmare. The cable tv was often on the fritz. The pillows were a bit flat. The bath towels were on the small side. The bikes available (for free, yay!) are meant for very big, tall people.

Room away from street side was quiet. The air conditioner worked great. Plenty of hot water. The bed linens were comfy. They have a shuttle service that will take you downtown and you can arrange to be picked up as well. Bin4 Burger Lounge is right on the property, really tasty burgers and great drinks

It was just ok. The location wasn’t convenient to anything, in my opinion the breakfast was not good
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The burger joint next door was next to our room and people were standing out by our door talking loudly and smoking. The smoke was coming into our room.

Poor selection for breakfast.
    • Standard Queen Room

Poor selection for breakfast. Mostly all carbs. Pancakes toast muffins...it would.have been nice to have more.protein.. eg hot eggs ..sausage. But coffee was good.

Just OK
    • Deluxe Studio

The shower didn’t seem to have a regulator, it would go from warm down to lukewarm, and then to scalding hot without notice. The WiFi and TV were terrible!!! I kept getting kicked off WiFi and the TV would go blank and say weak signal, even if you were in the middle of watching a movie. The bathroom was very tiny. The seagulls get up at 6:00 am. Lol!

The staff was friendly and the room was clean. It was a short drive to downtown.

We had a very enjoyable/peaceful stay. We would most certainly stay at Accent Inns Victoria again!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We didn't like that the bathroom sink was outside of the actual bathroom, in other words, the bathroom area could have been totally private with the inclusion of the sink and vanity area included.

The Accent Inns Victoria is in a very good location - central to shopping etc. As well, the hotel restaurant was very good and extremely convenient. The beds were extremely comfortable and the room was very modern and clean with excellent lighting and all of the necessary amenities.

Breakfast on Sunday was chaos. I don't believe you were organized for so many people.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Upon checking in - we totally understood the unavailability but appreciated the use of your bathroom in the lobby for changing as we needed to attend a Celebration of Life. The unfortunate thing was our daughter was not feeling well and I had made arrangements for her with the check-in fellow and gal that she could check in at 4 p.m. in our absence. They advised "No Problem" yet when she went to check in they advised she could not as they had no authority. It was very disappointing and nothing we could do being off site. This was unacceptable and disappointing

This place was hugely overpriced for what you get.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

This place was hugely overpriced for what you get. The room is very dated and in some places downright run down. The worst part was not necessarily the accommodations but the people who come here. The entire night had people sitting outside our rooms, smoking and getting really drunk and loud. So, not a good place for kids unless you want them to increase their vocabulary. That said, the owner was accommodating and certainly was willing to try and appease us.

Just okay.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Quite a distance from downtown. I would have likely chosen a different place if I realized how far out of town it was (not a long drive, but not a reasonable walk into town. No microwave or refrigerator, which is pretty standard these days.

Clean and large room. Staff were friendly and helpful. Nice bed and bedding. Seemed safe enough here. There was a shuttle, but we didn't use it.

Never again.
    • Deluxe Studio

Customer service, cheapness of hotel, the sponges provided for sink are cut into quarters!, dirty linen, room was smoked in, dirty tub, carpets crusty and old.

Terrible stay.

Nice that we could use bikes to go to the city!
    • Standard Queen Room

The room for breakfast was too small for the amount of people. Sometimes there was no chair/table available.

Nice that we could use bikes to go to the city!

Valuable lodge
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Good breakfast: I have enjoyed their tasty muffins and guests can cook their own pancakes. The fitness room is well furnished and modern. Quiet location not very far from the city center by car. Very clean facilities.

It was located fairly close to where I needed to travel to...
    • Deluxe Studio

The noise even though I asked for room at back it was still noisy.

It was located fairly close to where I needed to travel to on a daily basis, the staff where friendly and listened to my needs

Good for families
    • Deluxe Studio

We were never able to get parking close to our room.

Good location just outside downtown, friendly and helpful reception staff, yummy burger restaurant next door, excellent cleaning staff, small but decent gym.

Lovely for a short stay
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast was really busy and it would have been nice to have a little more fresh fruit or savory options!

The room was perfect, the beds were comfortable and the staff were very friendly!

VICTORIA _ One night stop

OK for a one night stop

Fairly standard breakfast but better than most. One site free parking and easy to access when coming into town. Access to rooms is external so no noisy and passage way with dirty carpet

The old lady who were serving breakfast was horrible, she...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The old lady who were serving breakfast was horrible, she was very rude to the elderly. one incident was an old man who couldnt speak english and was trying to make a waffle and she napped on him because it was 5 mintutes till breakfist was to end. another incedent was to a older women who wanted coffee amd asked for milk because she was jewish ad coudnt have cream and the server just gave her a dirty look and got angry because she took the milk away to soon. just because breakfist is finished at 10 am doesnt mean you have to be rude and disrespectfull to the people having breakfist. very unprofessional..

Would stay there again.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

friendly staff, helpful. parking and breakfast useful for family time. travel to Delta a bit far. small bathroom but still comfortable. Loved the hanging baskets.

Great place to stay
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our window was facing highway and it was a bit loud when I opened the window. But it actually didn't bother me and my family at night. The tap in bathroom is a bit difficult to use - hard to choose required stream strength.

Large rooms. Nice breakfast. Friendly staff. There is also rubber duck that was waiting us in bathroom. According to note it can be taken home. Free parking is very convenient.

Simple modern hotel - comfort stay
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff was very friendly. Very nice hotel with a lot of nice ideas (e.g. rubber duck in every room). Standard complimentary breakfast and parking space. Nice burger restaurant directly at the hotel. Just a few minutes to “downtown” Victoria by car.

Overall decent however the value for high price is out of range at over $200.00 per night
    • Standard Queen Room

No swimming pool or Hot tub and would advise appreciate More breakfast variety Vegan veggie options

The breakfast buffet was clean and staff was pleasant More breakfast variety Vegan veggie options

Mostly good vibes. !
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I was surprised that our beds weren't made in the morning.

I liked that it was an easy commute to RJ Hospital. Comfortable & clean room. Excellent restaurant attached. Close to shopping.

Medical reasons brought us but we will return for pleasure, and recommend to friends.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Second armchair and small table would be nice. Breakfast proteins other than HB eggs would be improvement and waffle machine was giving staff person trouble. Sorry to discover you offer medical rates AFTER we used booking.com and could not benefit from this offer.

Beds excellent. Outside tables and chairs pleasant ambience for friends or family to gather comfortably. Hanging baskets attractive. Desk staff attentive and helpful.

Nice
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We had a problem with the microwave in the room. It stopped working while we were heating the children's dinner and we had to heat up the food in the breakfast room. Not a big deal but when we went to the front desk to inform the problem, the attendant was not interested in helping us. The breakfast room should be larger considering the number of rooms. In the morning we had to have breakfast quickly to make room for the other guests.

Bedroom clean, tidy and organized. We really enjoyed it.

Bed was extra comfy, breakfast , location
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Dirty carpets in and out, coffemaker and cups not clean, staffs not sure how many people in the room checking in.phoned frontdesk that we needed towels, was told that, have to get towels from them (front desk )

Bed was extra comfy, breakfast , location

Reserved two, adjoining rooms through Booking.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Reserved two, adjoining rooms through Booking.com. Upon check-in, hotel had set aside two rooms, however they were not adjoining. Poor experience when travelling with children.

Next door to Bin 4, the best upscale burger place on the planet.

No complaints.

The room was spacious and comfortable. Pillows were excellent. Bed was very comfortable. The shower "was amazing" according to my wife. Breakfast was good especially if you like pancakes.

The service is not very good and the rooms are not clean...
    • Standard Queen Room

The service is not very good and the rooms are not clean enough. The bedroom has no window and is very stuffy, the bedsheets smelled bad. As for the bathroom (which also smelled) had bad shower caps that don’t pump up enough water.

Worked for us.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Noisy from traffic, and other guests. Did quiet down after children of guests went to sleep.

We did not have breakfast on our stay but it is a nice feature. Convenient location.

Nice stay but wish I would have asked for a room at the back to avoid the noise.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The noise outside our room - highway and people outside.

Room was decorated nicely and clean. Front staff was very friendly. The restaurant attached is excellent!

Better value for your money you won’t find
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Exceptionally courteous staff (the lovely Victoria) well sized rooms, well laid out and great facilities for the money. For the money you will be hard pressed to find better value, comfort and convenience. Highly recommended.

Good place to stay in Victoria.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Only issue was that there seemed to be more families with young children in the rooms near us during this visit and they were rather noisy at times - but they were quiet at night, fortunately!

Good clean place, well maintained, highly recommended - we've stayed here several times over the years and it's always our first choice when we come to Victoria.

All of the staff were very friendly and helpful.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Shower temperature wasn't consistent, hot then cold, then hot.

All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good, lots to choose from.

All in all, I had a great stay.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Some parents had no control over their children; each evening I could hear them running up and down outside the rooms, my ground floor room included, and getting my little dog upset.

Bed was very comfortable and room was clean. The towel, treats & poop bags were a nice surprise. Staff were very pleasant.

I had booked 2 nights separate.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I had booked 2 nights separate. Had to change rooms for the second night, which was no problem,I expected that. But the second night the room had no toiletries and there was someone’s hair wrapped up in a facecloth,which was a bit gross. Other then that the experience was good.

I really love the experience with Accent Inn!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The coffee mugs in our room are dirty, but that's probably because too many people used them to drink coffee. The pancake machine is broken. But other than those, the experience in Accent Inn is a really good one!

I would definitely recommend Accent Inn to friends! The room is really comfortable and warm. There's a coffee maker and a mini-fridge in our room. The lady at the front desk is very nice. She helped answer lots of our questions.

Staff were outstanding and were very helpful!

Rooms on Blanchard were noisy, but nothing Accent Inn can do about that! Next time I will request rooms on the back!

Staff were outstanding and were very helpful!

Will return. felt very safe
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No information about community events in room. Had to ask where vending machine was located.only pop & ice available. Any thought about snacks(chips, chocolate bars.nuts etc) being sold in a vending machine. or maybe just a couple of cookies to go with the in room tea.

breakfasts most appreciated. Lots of choices. very comfortable bed & clean room. Friendly & helpful staff. outdoor sign showed sense of humour re bikes & spandex.

Though there were a couple things that could use improvement, it was a good stay. The staff was amaz
    • Deluxe Studio

The toilet and bathroom fan were noisy. I was sharing the room with my daughter and I woke up my daughter when going to the washroom. The sink was not in with the tub and toilet area. There were some sports events in the area and it was noisy with teams staying in the hotel for a bit, but not all night.

The breakfast attendant was on the ball. The staff were wonderful. Everyone was accommodating. It was close enough to downtown for convenience without the downtown noise.

Comfy mattress
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Housekeeping did not vaccume and did not wash the cups and glasses. Night desk staff was arrogant. Never could figure out tv remote and no instructions available. Ironing board was broken, no wonder board was as old as the hotel.

Comfy mattress

Location is great staff is friendly nice option for the...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Not very many amenities no vending machine or anything so you have to go to the store

Location is great staff is friendly nice option for the complimentary breakfast and they have laundry

Pretty good
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Floor in room could have been cleaner, a bit dusty. Breakfast had no teapots for tea and out of bagels by 8 am. The pastry I chose instead- was a little stale I thought.

Bed was comfortable and they put us in a quiet area as requested which was appreciated.

It was overall an ok stay and would definitely recommend to friends & family. We will be back!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was a bit cold and needed an extra blanket, even though there was an extra one. The only downfall of it all.

I liked the restaurant on the side. I liked the area because it was close to shopping and Save On Foods Arena.

ten days in very comfy and pleasant enviroment
    • Deluxe Studio

smoking in the rain..no place for people who do smoke. nowhere to dispose of butts.cold eggs at breafast. no access to bf.room after ten to visit with people and have coffee/tea. was notaware of airport shuttle.but that could be on me!

king bed and lots of pillows.good quality sheets. very pleasant and helpful staff.kitchenette very well appointed.rubber ducky and the burger place right there. and a good breakfast assortment.loved the pancake maker.lobby very cosy.liked the shampoos etc. and room styling.friendly staff and computer and printer/wifi avail.

Very relaxing will be back great way to end a Christmas getaway before heading up island
    • Standard Queen Room

Breakfast was a little crowded but fine for a light breakfast otherwise bath area was a little tight

Jr. suite concept was great water pressure was really good for the shower

Bed was very comfortable.

See above.

Bed was very comfortable. Front Desk staff awesome. Nice small gift for our dog. Neighbors mousy with doors slamming early in the morning. On site restaurant very very nice. We were disappointed with booking .com "guarantee" policy. Finding its not only for arrival day but intended for the duration. Please remove me from your mailing list. Thank You. No human or telephone # to contact your office. The hotel staff were client motivated?

Nice property, needs more handicap accessible rooms.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The property only has one handicapped room, and the room upstairs was very noisy all night.

Very clean modern room. Staff brought me a step so I could get into the bed.

Very good. Perfect location near shopping, downtown, Royal Jubilee Hospital.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I needed a room with easy access for a 95 year-old. This resulted in a ground room floor facing the receptions parking lot and the main street. As a consequence, it was a little noisy.

Breakfast was part of the room rate and had generous hours (6am to 10am). It was mostly cold items, such as cereal, yogurt, fruit, muffins, danishes, but also had toast, bagels, coffee, tea.

Our stay was perfect for what we wanted, and fun.
    • Standard Queen Room

I can't actually think of anything.

We especially liked having the bedroom a bit apart from the sitting area, then if one of us can't sleep and wants to read or something, it doesn't disturb the other person. We also like the sense of humour displayed in notes and information about the place. And we LOVE the rubber ducks!

Overall a pleasant stay
    • Standard Queen Room

The room had a lingering pot smoking odor. The parking lot was full with restaurant patrons when returning for the evening.

The staff were pleasant and helpful

Clean, comfortable, pleasant. Continental breakfast is nothing to write home about.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I was in room 174. Right next to stairs, g and restaurant. When a group of boys (hockey team) stayed over, I heard all of the running, thumping, yelling, talking . . . and every adult who wanted to step out of the restaurant to have a cigarette, stood right outside my door. I felt very vulnerable. If I was to stay again, I would want a different room.

Clean comfortable room/bed.

Having a microwave and mini fridge in room.
    • Standard Queen Room

Having such thin walls that we could hear our neighbours conversation. Was awoken at 2:30AM do to this. Was most displeased!

Having a microwave and mini fridge in room.

Close to where we needed to be.
    • Standard Queen Room

Noise from other guests, thin walls. Can hear doors slamming, people moving about, next doors TV. Night desk team not available and not interested in shutting down noisy rooms partying late at night

Close to where we needed to be. Laurie at Front Desk amazing, fabulous customer service.

Could have been better, way better.
    • Standard Queen Room

There check in process. I made the reservation 7 hours ahead of getting there. I had been on the road for 16 hrs when I arrived and just wanted to crawl into bed and crash. They couldn't find my reservation, and when they did finally find it, they had to "process" it or something. Took almost 15 for minutes before I could actually check in. I've never, EVER, had as bad a process as this. Even when I've made the reservation less than 30 minutes prior to me getting there. And after all that I wasn't even given an apology for their mess up. Not impressed. And all that was also after trying to find a parking spot anywhere near the place. There is a popular burger place attached to the property and parking is virtually impossible within blocks of the location. There should probably be enough parking reserved for hotel guests only.

Clean and comfortable

Comfortable and spacious rooms.Great value for money.
    • Standard Queen Room

Excellent rooms with separate lounge and bedroom and two TVs. The room was nicely laid out with the bedroom area to the back, being away from any external noise.Nice breakfast. Although it was just outside of downtown Victoria,it was only a 5 minute drive away.

Our room had it all!
    • Standard Queen Room

Breakfast could have more variety.

Room was really confy and spacious, we were not expecting a so big room for the reasonable price we paid. Very clean. And free parking available on site was much appreciated.

Very enjoyable.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast included in the room price was rather skimpy--some cereals, breads, a few fruits, some salad. There were no meat or cheese selections. There was no hot food.

The inn is very clean and comfortable. The location gives easy access to all sites in Victoria, and to ferry terminals.

the location was perfect for use because my some only lived...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

rooms very noisy. Anytime someone turned on the shower or water in a another room you hear it shut on and off. Dead bolt on room door didn't work. Traffic noise could be heard in room

the location was perfect for use because my some only lived a few blocks away - close to shopping