2. Canada hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Adventure the Bruce Inn

Reviews of Adventure the Bruce Inn 2 stars

7362 Ontario 6, N0H 2R0 Tobermory, Canada

#5 of 9 hotels in Tobermory

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 20 May 2019

Fantastic! I will return and will also recommend the Inn.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Though there might have been more in terms of a restaurant. But I get it.

Location to Tobermory. Cleanliness. Outdoor area (BBQ, Hot tub, Tables...all nice!)

Stayed in May 2019

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Nice and clean recently updated, quiet with ample parking.
    • Queen Room

Not to much. Was a little further than I hoped from downtown but still within walking distance.

Nice and clean recently updated, quiet with ample parking. Cottages or cabins on site too.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Great, relaxing stay.
    • Queen Room

This is my second time at the Adventure Inn on the Bruce. I was a little disappointed that I was placed in the same room again. There was a loud banging from under us on the first floor in the middle of the night.

The proximity to everything on the Peninsula was amazing. The rooms were a little old on the inside, but we're very clean.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Close to town.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Close to town. Clean and spacious! Comfy beds. There are fridge and coffee machine in the room. Lady at the reception also gave us a kettle to boil water for tea.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

It was a great stay and the staff was helpful with information of things to do...sights to see etc

There wasn't anything I can say I disliked

The bed was great..the room was somewhat small but totally acceptable. Television a bit snowy but not a big deal

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

I was treated well and enjoyed my stay. The convenience to the ferry departure was appreciated.
    • Queen Room

The TV was pretty old - needs updating. No telephone or radio in the room.

The cleanliness, the modern appointments and roominess, of the room were all nice. I enjoyed the patio and the convenience of the private entrance close to the car park areas were a plus. The friendliness in the reception area was appreciated.

We had a fantastic time and would definitely come back!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The owners went the extra mile to make sure we had everything we needed - extra plates for the bbq, towels for the hot tub, a kettle to make tea in the morning. Facilities were cute, clean and location was very near town.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Ground floor room easily accessed from the car park.
    • Queen Room

No safe. Room a little on the small side.

Ground floor room easily accessed from the car park. Not a big room but it had all we needed for a two night stay. 10 minute walk to Tobermory marina. Very clean.

Worked well for us
    • Deluxe Queen Room

A slightly larger room would have been nice. On the other hand, I didn't go to Tobermory to sit in the hotel room. It was also a considerable amount of money.

No problems at all. Very well operated and pleasant.

It was well located and clean.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Like i said above, there was a musty smell in the room. The bathtub was a bit dirty with soap suds.

It was well located and clean. There was a funny smell though that I didn’t like; it was a bit musty. Everyone was friendly at the reception.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Hot tub is great.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

There are not many services nearby, just a tiny convenience store.

Hot tub is great. Rooms are comfy and clean. The staff is really nice. It is close to Bruce peninsula park, and a 15 min walk to village.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Nice but not as expected
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The rooms were a lot smaller than what they looked like advertised on the website. The room was quite expensive considering it was but waterfront or near the waterfront. Check in was at 3, we arrived from far away at 2:50 and they wouldn’t let us check in until 3 on the dot. I get check in was at 3 but any other hotel would have not cared we were 10 minutes early.

It was a short drive to the water and easy to find.

We loved our stay!
    • Queen Room

We loved our stay! Our room was very clean and comfortable. The hot tub was a great treat for us. The staff were so friendly and helpful. We were walking distance to downtown if you’re good with a 10 minute stroll. All in all a great stay!

Disaster
    • Cabin

Ice cold room, ice cold shower, small over crowded jacuzzi, very bad coffee, noisy neighbours in cottage next to ours. It was 9 degrees when we arrived and door and windows to cabin were open so place was freezing. Not properly insulated so stayed cold all night. We were told if we wanted warm shower we had to go to had to go to harbour front, they should just tell everyone they are too cheap to provide reasonable shower facilities. The good ratings must be for the motel not for the appropriately called “Last Resort” cottages in the back.

Location, clean room

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Very nice clean and friendly, lots of room to have lunch...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

It was good but expensive. For the price we paid I think we could’ve had real cream instead of powdered cream.

Very nice clean and friendly, lots of room to have lunch outside and use the barbeque if you wanted to.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

A nice expensive lodging that is clean and near the hub of town.
    • Queen Room

The price to stay is very expensive at almost 260 dollars with tax per night. On this particular trip we stayed at bead and breakfasts that offered way more for way less. Being a motorcyclist I'd prefer not having a gravel parking lot.

Modern and clean say it all. We had no need to interact with the staff so no complaint there. The bed was very comfy as well.

Emerald waters beauty of the area
    • Cabin

We stayed on cabin and next morning ran out of potable and washroom water. ..inconvenience for few hours...but finally water tank- truck came and everything was filled ...

Area and how the cabins were set...very pitoresques in a scenic ambiance and smell of forest and woods..Short drives to hiking points on Bruce Trails as well to beaches...and to town also. Every where I seen emerald color...the beauty of Georgian Bay's waters which make you to feel that you've reached "Paradise"...unparalleled experience!

I booked a second night directly through the hotel 6 weeks...
    • Cabin

I booked a second night directly through the hotel 6 weeks prior to our stay and spoke to the staff twice to confirm the reservation and discuss the cabin preference. When we arrived they said we were only able to stay 1 night that they thought there was an error and had cancelled the second night. I advised them I spoke to 2 different staff to ensure the second night was confirmed as the reservation did not show up through booking.com and I asked them why they would cancel a reservation without contacting me? They offered no explanation. I stressed how this would negatively impact our travel plans and that we may need to book elsewhere for 2 nights. They were unwilling to cancel the 1 night or give a discount for this inconvenience. The hotel offered to look for alternatives in the surrounding area which is very limited due to it being a remote location. After 30 minutes the hotel suggested we stay at a local Airbnb or they offered to cancel the other persons reservation for tomorrow which we requested they do. The check in was very stressful. The cabin has no electricity, it has a tin roof and no insulation. The cabin was extremely hot inside with only 3 small windows and remained that way until the late evening making it uncomfortable to be there during the day. It would be helpful if you could lock the main screen door when you leave from the outside to allow the air to flow. You could hear quite clearly everyone’s conversations in the other cabins so there was no privacy. The hotel is on the hwy near the fairy and the traffic sounds are loud until late in the evening. This is not a quiet glamping spot to connect with nature. At 168$ per night w no ac, electricity or a washroom I would not recommend staying there. The small deck was enticing in the hotel photos that is the only nice part of our stay. Washrooms were kept clean.

Staff were friendly.
    • Cabin

We stayed in the "Last Resort" cottage. They look very cute from the outside. Inside was clean & cute. However there are large spaces between the 2x4's on the walls, and big open spaces between window and frame. Because it's just framing & no insulation you can hear everything going on in the cabins beside as if they're in the room with you including voicemails from cell phones at 3 am. The porta potties provided outside looked clean but the constant bad smell in them will make you want to go anywhere but in those. Although cute it was a she's made to look like a cottage and price was WAY to high.

Staff were friendly.The beds were comfy.

Family adventure to the north

There wasn’t much hot water for showering and you could hear the people walking around in the room above us.

Best part for us was the hot tub. Was fantastic after a long day of driving. The rooms were comfortable and very clean.

The location was great, and it was located on a beautiful...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I found it very expensive for such a small room, and there weren’t very many amenities.

The location was great, and it was located on a beautiful piece of property. I like the hard wood floors instead of carpet.

nice place, very close to downtown
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I found the A/C a little noisy but that maybe just me as my partner was ok with it :)

the location is excellent and the fact that the room has a fridge is great. the bathroom was very clean. the room was on top floor on the side which is away from the traffic and noise.

Nice property, beatiful building, nice very clean room with...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

1. I didn't appreciate when they add a third person to my bill. I don't think it was a honest mistake. They have a computer. 2. The AC was really noisy, we had to sleep in warm room

Nice property, beatiful building, nice very clean room with good firm bed, nice covers and pillows Walking distance to the restaurants and Marina.

We rented the cabin and it was so clean an cozy.
    • Cabin

We rented the cabin and it was so clean an cozy. The public bathrooms were very clean and the staff were very friendly. We enjoyed our stay, everything was close.

This Inn seems to take advantage of the tourist season at the expense and safety of its visitors.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

This Inn provides just the bare basics. A bed and washroom that were clean. Everything else seems to be an imposition...they skimp on many of the comforts that you would expect for $300/night. There were not enough towels for our party, the mini fridge and A/C were not plugged in upon our arrival so it was exceptionally hot when we arrived, and it took many hours to get it to a reasonable temperature inside. Even the clock radio gets unplugged between guests! I really don't understand what is achieved by this 'economizing' between guests especially when it is high season and it is fully booked! A huge discomfort and inconvenience for the arriving guest to not be able to feel comfortable until halfway through their stay at the Inn. On top of that, there was a black-out and all power went out at around 1:30 am during our stay for several hours. Nothing came on in terms of emergency lights inside our room, outside our door, or even around the exterior stairs (we were on the second floor), and no battery back-up for our in room smoke detector! Very unsafe! Very low budget. I would never recommend this place.

The room was clean and close to town.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Clean
    • Queen Room

No restaurants at the door. If it's raining and you are riding a motorcycle, you'll get wet to eat or may prefer to skip dinner.

I stayed at the apartment with my husband. It was clean and nice.

Nice clean place but expensive.
    • Queen Room

There was nothing outstanding about the facility to justify the high price of the room.

Nice, clean modern facility, friendly staff, good location (not too close to the noise and confusion of the harbour).

Cabin was beautiful.
    • Cabin

Cabin was beautiful. Bed was extremely comfortable and staff were helpful and friendly. With no access to showers we were hoping to at least enjoy the hot tub. It was dirty. Murky water and dirt resting on the bottom.

The room is clean.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I found the price expensive. I understand we are at the tip of the peninsula but given you spend the entire day outdoors, $350 a night to sleep.....

The room is clean. The bed is comfortable. The location is just right. The staff is friendly.

They know you’ll pay it.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

315.00 for one night is brutal. Comparably the same motel in any southern Ontario town would be between 110-150 a night. Supply and demand I guess. We booked 5 months in advance and it was the last motel left with rooms. Don’t let the hot tub be a selling feature for you. It’s old, small and doesn’t work right.

Nice clean comfortable place to sleep.

Convenient and family friendly
    • Deluxe Queen Room

It is convenient to get to the tourism things - Grotto/Flowerpot etc It also has a microwave, BBQ and tables and chairs - if you want to take your own food if travelling with the kids. Very quite and family friendly

• Cabin

No shower and bath which was initially stated upon booking..which is understandable since the cabins are newly built. Would love to come back when this are upgraded

The cabin we stayed really makes you feel like camping with much comfort

Beautiful property right on Highway 6.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Beautiful property right on Highway 6. Clean rooms, friendly service. A short walk to the main street. Not a huge downtown area. The meals were good. We recommend Leeside Restaurant and the The Fish and Chip Place. Didn't care for the food at the Crow's Nest.

Unexpected...and not in a good way
    • Cabin

Our night at your resort did not go well.  *We did not realize that there were no showers or hydro until we got there. Fine print in an email is not an appropriate way to notify people of that.  *Price was not reasonable for a 12x12 bunk house without power. *there was a bat in the bunk house which caused my wife to spend the remainder of the night in the car.

The temperature of bath tub was well maintained.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Barbecue facilities were not cleaned. Some of them didnot work properly.

The temperature of bath tub was well maintained. But it was only for adults. Parents with kids will be hard to use this bath tub.

we had a great time at adventure Inn even a short trip our room is clean and tidy thank u Adventure😊
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The light outside the window which lite up the room while trying to sleep

I like the location easy access to the highway, room is super clean and tidy the bed is comfy fridge and coffee maker is a bunos

You gotta stay there
    • Queen Room

Everything experienced was great here

Great calm area - walking to harbour - loved it - stay there and you will feel like you are at home !!!!!! Very happy

Very quiet location.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I was traveling with the wife and my two children (age 10 and 11); found the room to be cramped/crowded. If traveling with just two people total room would have been fine.

Very quiet location.

Pretty Adventure Bruce Inn
    • Queen Room

Overnight stay was too expensive and queen room was very small. Still felt it was worth the stay.

Lovely updated room, perfectly clean. Staff was super nice and friendly. Grounds were pretty with lots of places to sit and have take-out at picnic tables. They did have barbeque's and microwave ovens for use outside if needed.

Unexpected great balcony to relax and get some fresh air in...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Unexpected great balcony to relax and get some fresh air in a beautiful quiet area. Friendly staff and kitty. Very comfortable and clean room and facilities. Will definitely return again!

Pleasant stay
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Rooms are little bit small

The rooms and bathrooms are very clean, but a little bit small in size. However the beds are queen size which is great. The location is perfect, at a walking distance from the Tobermory bay and the National Park visitor centre. Prices are high, but this is the problem of Tobermory, things are functioning only for four or five month, what can you do!

Room is very clean.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The mattress is very hard and not a pillow top, needs to have a foam padding other then that place is amazing

Room is very clean. all bedding is washed after each stay. best place in my opinion to stay at in Tobermory

The room was spacious and very clean.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The room was spacious and very clean. It's in a town where you want to get out and be active. This is a really good place to come back to. It's not a fancy "I'd rather just stay in the hotel" place.

Comfy and clean just outside town
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Depending on your preference for staying in town, this property is located a little outside the town. We loved the peace but we had to drive in and park (tricky on busy weekends and $$) to do things in town.

Enjoyed the quiet away from town. Very clean and well appointed rooms with a fridge and coffee maker and comfy beds! Clean bathroom. There is outdoor seating and we ate outside. There are microwaves and barbecues available too.

Never again will I go back.
    • Queen Room

Very small room for the huge cost of $250 a night. Tiny and old tv. Over all a $60 motel room for 4x the cost. Will never go back.

It was the only place that wasn't fully booked.

The location was one of the few open in the winter and the...
    • Queen Room

Price was very expensive considering very little was available due to the season from the amenities provided.

The location was one of the few open in the winter and the jacuzzi bath was nice after a cold day hiking

Very clean room, cozy bed, and free parking.
    • Queen Room

I could smell something like iron from water when I took shower and washed my hands, there is something wrong with the pipes or source of the water I guess.

Very clean room, cozy bed, and free parking. As a motel, it's pretty good.

It was nice stay. Adventure the Bruce Inn is very close to downtown. Restaurants are walk able
    • Deluxe Queen Room

It was nice to stay. Adventure the Bruce Inn is very close to downtown. Restaurants are at walkable distance. I would definitely like to stay again and would recommend choosing this place to stay.

Stay was OK, affected by weather and lack of anything being open

The room was excessively warm, even with the heating turned off. The property was overpriced given nothing was open at the time(early April), which we were not expecting (and was not apparent when booking).

Room was a good size, bed was very comfortable.

Was ok.cant complain.:-)
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The roomrates are a bit pricey, but would of been ok if it has own microwave in the room and not being shared in the hallway.also there were no toothbrush and toothpaste in the washroom

Overall it was very quiet and clean maybe because we were there about end of summer so it wasnt that busy.

We'd stay again
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The owner was friendly and knowledgeable about hiking and dining in Tobermory and the surrounding area. The inn is within walking distance to downtown Tobermory and very close to the Parks Canada visitor's centre.

Relaxing and Awesome
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The bed wasn't super comfy but it wasn't bad. They closed off the hot tub early so when we went, we couldn't use it.

It was so close to town that we could walk there. The property was beautiful, lots of trees and quiet.

Will head to the Tub again next fall if we can!
    • Queen Room

Microwave, outside, under bin on table on patio, did not work well. Door stuck, did not want to heat things, could not set time. Was a bit frustrating in the end of season weather.

Staff were great. Bed was comfy. Room was clean. Tile floors a bit cold on feet so bring your slippers in the off season. Close enough to walk in to town. Great burgers and WOW fries at the brew pub/grill and awesome breakfast at the Princess. Cold and windy, but that was the forecast. Wonderful stay.

Staffs were very friendly and helpful.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The hot tubs is really old and a lots of functions are not working, and need new bath towel because it seems pretty used and warnout.

Staffs were very friendly and helpful.

We loved the area, our visit & our accomodations.

The bed was a little creaky - but REALLY clean!

Very clean and well-kept. The outside lounging areas were wonderful. Chairs outside the room on the porch was a perfect place for an evening glass of wine. We even heard coyotes! The inn-keeper was informative & friendly. She paused on her way doing laundry & and chatted with us- lovely lady.

Disappointed.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

`The bathroom door squeaked, the toilet seat squeaked - very unpleasant and very unnecessary. I reserved this room months ahead so I wondered why the refrigerator couldn't have been turned on and the clock set. I rarely say anything negative about a property but in this case the price was expensive for what was offered so it should have been better.

The room was fine, beds were nice, there was a small fridge.

We had a great time. Beautiful sunsets and great parks to explore. Shopping and Dining were great.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The location was great. Just a nice walk to the main Shopping and Dining at the Harbour, and so we didn't have to pay for parking. A short drive to Parks and The Bruce Trail. Grocery store in town for your needs.

Lovely stay, awesome weekend!
    • Queen Room

The price was ok but a bit steep- was thanksgiving weekend though.

We went for two nights, and loved the beautiful property this motel is situated on. Super clean rooms, comfy beds, just lovely and extremely private:) BBQ and hottub on site in summer time, and was great! Great location to down town!

Clean and comfortable stay.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Needed to drive to restaurants (late Sept stay, minimal light and no sidewalks). A short drive and lots of parking but it would've nice to feel safe walking to the harbour.

The staff at the Adventure were efficient and lovely. The rooms were comfy, clean and modern. Great proximity to the park.

Perfect home from home.
    • Queen Room

Online photography does not do the inn justice. Lovely place in real sight.

The fact that you can use the BBQ outside was great for my family. Plenty of room in the garden for grandson to run around and blow off steam. Very relaxing sitting by the fish pond.

Fairly clean.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The bed was somewhat comfortable. The room had several flies, gnats and mosquito's, probably let in by the cleaning staff. We could hear the people above us walking. Very bright light outside of our room #6 and no black out curtains. Price of $149 plus tax per night, off season, was pricey for the room.

Fairly clean. About 15 minute walk to town. Coffee with sweetners & frig were a big positive.

We loved the hot tub and how friendly and knowledgable about...
    • Queen Room

The bed wasn't the most comfortable and was very loud when you moved .

We loved the hot tub and how friendly and knowledgable about the area the woman who greeted us was.

Overall, it wasn't a bad experience.
    • Queen Room

The mattress is too soft. I couldn't get a good sleep. The air-conditioning unit was installed right across my head. It was blowing at my head all night once it was turned on.

The room is very clean. Good location, very convenient. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Perfect.
    • Queen Room

We didn't particularly like the mattress, however this could be a personal thing. Price a bit on the high side, seeing that there is also no breakfast included, but understand supply and demand as well as the seasonal aspect of the business which is consistant with other touristy towns. The property is beautiful and new so it's easy to accept. We would book again without a doubt.

Very nice and fairly new and clean motel. Good size room and bathroom. Lots of sitting space either outdoor yard space, or patio or chairs on second level by door to room which speaks to us as we are outdoorsy people. Friendly staff/owners. Very short walking distance to the harbour town centre. 2 mins to ferry landing.

It was okay!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The cost could have been better. The climate inside the room was stuffy, and the only way to bring some freshness to the room was to open the window, but didn't want to leave it open as we slept.

The price of the Inn was quite expensive for the time of the year. It didn't blow us away, not did it disappoint. Overall, it was "okay".

It was a room but dated and pricey I think for what we got. Not too many options in Tobermory
    • Queen Room

Paper thin walls could hear the guest either below or in the room next to us snoring all night. The place is dated old window air conditioner, a big citizen tv in an old cabinet.

It was clean and had everything we needed

Wonderful comfort and hospitality.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

A little far for walking to sites especially on a highway. Few amenities.

The grounds were beautiful and well kept. Very quiet environment. Easy to find. Pleasant staff. Great to have two beds and a fridge.

A good stay overall with very friendly owner and staff.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The toilet didn't flush properly

We liked the location, it was quiet and clean. Nice garden and hot tub and only 2 minute drive to downtown Tobermory and the Chi-Chemaun ferry.

Cute, clean and comfy stay in a central location
    • Queen Room

Owners are very nice and keep the property very clean, the bed was comfy and had good quality linens and towels in the room. The hot tub was a nice surprise, they also have a BBQ and a couple of nice sitting areas.

Well located
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I didn't like the staff, they were not helpful. I needed a vacuum cleaner and the man at the reception said immediately "No." Not very friendly at all. Plus the reception is sometimes closed during the day.

I liked the location, very central and very easy to get there

Locate in a quite area close to the Fathom Five National...
    • Queen Room

Locate in a quite area close to the Fathom Five National Park and the Little Tub harbour. 3 minutes by car and about 15-20 minutes by foot. If you like quietness and cleanliness this is the place.

It is a nice hotel with well-maintained grounds.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I booked it last minute for the long weekend in August. The room was very small for a family of four, we couldn't go around the beds - double beds were less than one foot away from the walls. Very pricey for what it had to offer.

It is a nice hotel with well-maintained grounds.

Had a room upstairs at the end - very quiet although hotel...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Beds were hard, according to my husband. Pillows too soft.

Had a room upstairs at the end - very quiet although hotel was full and children next door. Very nice landscaping on property with fairly secluded areas to sit, read, BBQ, etc. Big yard.

The room was comfortable and clean, but a little small if you had to stay there long.
    • Queen Room

The room was small. It would be confining if there all day. It was also a little dark due to the one window opening unto the covered deck and walkway (good if raining though).

I found the bed very comfy. The grounds are beautiful, with a very nice sitting area with a small pond and lovely garden.

the place is very nice and in a great location.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

the place is very nice and in a great location. the staff is very friendly. The place is well maintained and clean. Tobermorry in July is simply vey expensive. I would recommend the place. we were satisfied.

Showing 1 – 75

We Price Match
We Price Match
Low rates • No booking fees • Find cheaper? We'll refund the difference!