Reviews of Amsterdam Inn & Suites Moncton 3 stars

2550 Mountain Road, E1G 4R3 Moncton, Canada

#7 of 45 hotels in Moncton

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was nothing really to complain about aside from the drawers that didn't function properly, a minor problem.

Very good breakfast, bacon, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, sausage, beans, etc.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Actually there was not one thing about our stay we didn’t like. May have been the best motel we ever stayed at

The beds were great. The back entrance with the little porch was so convenient

• First Floor Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room was really small. Some staff werent very helpful.

Beds were comfy and some staff were nice, breakfast was good, deck is a nice feature for nicer weater

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No elevator hard on us Seniors carrying bags We were not offered a handicap room for the same price as upstairs.

The breakfast was good but the Lady attending was AWESOME. Very kind and helpful.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Having to carry luggage up to the second floor.

I can’t yes to the romantic question as I was with my daughter and didn’t see any other rooms. I liked the free breakfast and the room was nice.

• Queen Room with Balcony

Really weird comforter with elastic corners. But they brought us one that was more normal. The hot breakfast bar needs to be stocked more often.

Hot breakfast was nice. Big tub for bubble bath. Nice to have deck to outside.

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

The room was immaculate! However, the mattress was extra firm so much so, that I tossed and turned most of the night in discomfort. Also, despite turning the heat down, the fan kicked in in the middle of the night several times to wake us. Minor issue that could be easily remedied.

Breakfast was included with both hot and cold choices. Muffins were left during the day in case hunger struck. Staff were friendly and informative on check-in. Location was great for shopping convenience.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

the potatoes were extra crispy. The rest of the breakfast was great.

We really enjoy first of all, the clerk she was very nice and gave us a room on the main floor so we as senior didn't have to do stairs. We also enjoyed that we could go in and out of our room without going through the motel.

• First Floor Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Excellent service. I usually bring a fan with me however I forgot it and the nice lady at the front desk found me one. That’s going above and beyond!!!!!!

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Only one bottle of water in the room for coffee I am assuming. I'm not a fan of Moncton's tap water to drink. Seeing as there were two of us, it would have been nice to have had two bottles of drinking water.

The comfort of the beds and pillows. It was clean. It was small and quaint. The shower curtain rod was curved out to provide extra room in the shower. I liked having keurig coffee :)

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Right by the highway, yet only a ten-minute drive to downtown, which has a lot of charm and interesting restaurants. Reasonably good breakfast with hot and cold foods including eggs, sausage, beans, hash browns. Rooms were a good size, beds were very comfortable. We booked two rooms for our large family and the clerk was nice to shuffle some reservations to give us adjacent rooms. Not fancy, but definitely a good value for the cost.

• First Floor Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

About midnight a family came stomping up the wooden stairs and across the patio next door. The kids were loud, even running down the interior hall. I even walked out into the hall and asked the mother? for quiet. She said they were checking out. And, above us on the upper floor, people were shuffling and scraping furniture around. Again, very noisy. I’m sure all was due to the Inn being next door to the casino. I did not tell the desk about the disruptions.

The property was cute, with wooden patio and steps up to each room and an Adirondack chair on each. Staff was very attentive, especially at the complete and delicious breakfast.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

An elevator would facilitate second floor access with luggage.

Comfortable bed. Extremely clean room and facility. Very friendly, helpful staff. Beverages and muffins available 24hrs. Excellent value for the price..

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

The breakfast was lacking. Almost every tray were empty. No sausage no bacon.

Location is great. Parking is good. People are very friendly and helpful.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was nothing that we didn't like.

We were very impressed with the cleanliness of the property. The beds were very comfy and the complimentary breakfast was excellent. The desk person (Vitaly?) was very friendly and helpful.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We needed extra coffee pods. Alight in the room did not work, even after we changed a light bulb and checked the connections to the wall, so the room was a bit dark. next update try a more comfy chair.

This hotel has made noise reduction a priority Yeah! They have put a box over the top of the curtains so less light from passing vehicles enters the room. They have updated their eating area.

Can't think of anything

We found the Inn easily and were quite impressed how clean and up to date the inn was. There were walking and hiking trails close by which was a bonus.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Would have liked to know in advance that there was no elevator therefore I would have booked a main floor room.

Staff was very friendly, food was good, rooms were clean.

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Breakfast was typical buffet. Nothing great, nothing really bad. We got our requested upstairs room (I don't like noise of people above). The downstairs rooms each had a shared outdoor space with adirondack chairs - very nice.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No elevator. Requested a room on the first floor, given a room on the 2nd floor. Traveling with an 87 year old who had a hard time climbing the stairs.

The room was clean and quiet

ALL EXCELLENT WILL STAY THERE AGAIN FOR SURE

THE BREAKFAST WAS AWESOME.THE STAFF WAS VERY HELPFUL.THE ROOMS WERE VERY CLEAN EACH DAY.ONE LADY ON THE CLEANING STAFF EVEN ASK IF WE NEEDED ANYTHING IN THE ROOM AS HER SHIFT WAS CLOSE TO BE OVER THE FIRST DAY MY SON AND I LEFT ON NOON FOR THE WATER PARK.I TOLD HER WHAT I NEEDED AND WAS DONE.I WISH I GOT HER NAME.SHE WAS AWESOME.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Front desk people very welcoming. Quiet place though the place is located at crossroads and the highway just up the road. Good breakfast for the money, and helpful housekeeping staff. I would recommend this place to anyone. Excellent for a one night stay.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Pillows a bit too big. Would have liked a flatter one. Location beside casino-great if you gamble; but far from downtown.

Super friendly staff. Property clean, bright and well maintained. Room and beds comfortable. Full hot breakfast. Great value.

• First Floor Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

the coffee was great didnt have breakfast too many drinks at casino lol ordered a pizza ,had a great stay would recommend it ,plus bed was comfy lol!!!!! i like the fact that you are close to casino i went for a concert it was next door and your accomadations were near and cheaper keep up the good work

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

The hotel was spotlessly clean and looked new. The room was a good size and had a nice sitting area. The bed and pillows were nice as well. The breakfast had a good selection as well.

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

There was a very strong air freshener in the room that set off my allergies...I'm not sure if it was something they put on the carpet or something in the bathroom but it was very strong.

Comfy bed, friendly staff, nice temperature control in the room.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

The staff was friendly and handled a bit of confusion with our booking in a professional manner that we very much appreciated. The breakfast is more than just continental, even with all of my dietary restrictions, I was able to find something to eat. The snacks and all day coffee/tea is a very nice touch.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Need a nightlight in the bathroom. Lights in the middke of the night, very jaring.

Bed was very comfortable, I usually have a hard time falling asleep but not this time. Breakfast was good, good coffee and building was very well maintained.

Everything was great

Excellent complimentary breakfast...so glad to have more than muffins and coffee. Rooms are spotless, quiet and comfortable. Great value for money. Easy access to local attractions.

Nothing.... Thank you

Amazingly clean and there a lots for breakfast and the staff concern we don't have enough to eat.... I been to much more higher end hotel. I am still picking this one over any hotels.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The rooms were very clean and fresh, with comfortable lighting, beds, and a lot of space, for a double queen room. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The inn encourages guests to consult the front desk about tourism info etc. We ended up changing part of our travel plans based on the recommendation of the woman at the front desk, and we're glad that we did. My room was on the second floor, and though it didn't bother me at all, some might not like that there is no elevator, even though the stairs are very short. There is outside parking lot access to the rooms on the first floor from what I saw however if there's any concern.

• First Floor Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Upon check in we were told that we had to pay more money than what we had booked if for, based upon 3 of us staying in the room, even though I had clearly booked that there were 3 of us. They blamed booking.com and had elaborate stories of blame, although no other hotel among the 14 others we booked with booking.com during our extensive trip had this problem. We paid the extra fee, but felt a bit ripped off and that we were not treated very courteously. Another guest was also having a similar conversation with a front desk clerk while we were there. While there was nothing wrong with the motel itself, I would next time seek out a neighboring small business that might appear to better appreciate guests more or look like they are doing a last minute cash grab, at the risk of annoying travelers.

This establishment met our expectations in terms of style and cleanliness. It is a sort of old-school motel or motor inn style of place, dated and needing a bit of renovations but overall decently maintained.

• First Floor Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

only thing missing was a pool if i was travelling with the kids. I would certainly stay here again though, super clean!!!!!

drive up room was great. loved that there was no carpets in the room either. full hot breakfast was fantastic for the early morning before work. Very clean!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bigger dining tables would be an added plus but we made it work!

Very spacious room for a family of 5. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Will definitely stay again.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Close to hwy, Easy access to exits to attractions and amenities restaurants and casino. Large spacious clean rooms. Fabulous complete breakfast choices.

• First Floor Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Very far distance from the airport

Melanie who works at the front desk stayed on the phone with me for almost an hour when I got lost on my way to the hotel from the airport. Lori gave me detailed written instructions in the morning to get to my destination. They should both get a big fat raise for their above and beyond customer service. I will recommend this s hotel to everyone :))

• First Floor Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They had just introduced a new hot breakfast , which was definitely an upgrade from the continental one, but I found the quality of the food just so-so - not very hot. However, this could just be a learning curve due to just starting out.

We liked the closeness to the Casino which was our main purpose for the trip. Also that they had drive up rooms with a little patio out front. Bed was super comfy! Newly renovated breakfast room/lobby area was beautiful!

• First Floor Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Great drive-up to the first-floor rooms; nice porch area with bright yellow Adirondack chairs. Easy to find off the highway; very comfy beds and clean rooms. Close to a lot of things including restaurants, Magnetic Hill, and a wine-tasting vineyard. Hopewell Rocks were only about a 30-minute drive away. Staff were very friendly; great breakfast too! I felt safe here. Casino is next door, but I didn't get a chance to go there.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There are limited restaurants within walking distance...

Small hotel / inn. Breakfast is good and plentiful, items are always replenished. Coffee and tea available 24/7. We go to Moncton 2 - 3 times a year to visit family and friends and normally stay one night. This was our first stay at the Amersterdam Inn and Suites but won't be our last! It is perfect for us.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The only thing I would suggest is to have the pop machine filled daily.

The staff were fabulous . Andrea was absolutely wonderful to us and our 6 year old! The breakfast was impeccable!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Rooms next to the street can be noisy with early and late traffic. Vending machine only took one order at a time

Comfortable bed and layout of the room Very Clean and friendy staff

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Ran out of hot items on breakfast buffet while only halfway through breakfast hours. Had to repeatedly ask staff to restock breakfast items.

Easy to find and access location. Breakfast included.

• First Floor Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Everything was nice, but priced as high as much better rated B&Bs that we stayed at in the Maritimes.

Nice room, very comfortable bed. Assigned parking spot right outside room. Helpful staff.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast had a good variety but the eggs and sausages were cold.

The room was modern and quite big. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was very nice.

• First Floor Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

it is a drive up to your room hotel but I did not get a parking spot , some guests had multiple vehicles as there was a car show that weekend , staff at the hotel did nothing about the situation, I didn't feel that I was treated fairly , there was such a high demand for rooms because of the carshow, the priice of the room was way too much , so I paid way too much and didn't even get a parking spot , also when I opened up my door it banged off the bed , the room was that small , the mattress did not fit the frame and I hit my leg off the frame multiple times , overall I was very unhappy with this booking

Outside of hotel was well lit up with drive up to your room parking , but I didn't get a parking spot, , bed was comfortable

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Nice and comfortable stay. Friendly staff and easy check in. Decent breakfast though it was bit crowded at the lounge (can't help its summer). :) Overall I would definitely recommend to my friends.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

In booking I neglected to see that there was no elevator and we were travelling with my 87 year old mother-in-law but it was only one flight of stairs so we were fine.

Very clean and inviting. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Kirk at the front desk was exceptionally friendly and helpful.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Liked the continental breakfast. had my mother who has COPD. Was not told about the 13 steps with no elevator at time of booking. When we arrived, Staff was not accommodating when I told them this. Said I could have a room on first floor but would charge me more. No help with luggage. Beds were fine. No room service.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

An elevator would be nice since my husband can't do stairs but it's OK if there's a ground floor room available.

The lobby/breakfast area are so nicely decorated and very inviting. The breakfast was great. Exceptionally clean.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

I would like real creamers and milk to go with the keurig not that powdered stuff. I've stayed at spots were they keep real milk and creamers in the fridge.

Very clean and staff were pleasant and helpful.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The blinds pull cord pulled right out of the wall.Fan not working in b athroom.When you have four people should be enough bath accessories for all.

Bright lovely room.Beds awesome.Love the lighting around mirror.

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Breakfast was ok. I would suggest to improve a little more like keeping scrambled eggs or sausage or couple of options more for all customers. There was only 1 option as in hard boiled eggs in the hot breakfast.

Bed was good.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Carpet in room was dirty; no elevator to upper floors - I am a senior and found it difficult; hairdryer did not work and I had concerns about the toilet flushing. I did tell them at time of checkout. Hopefully the can fix the smplier things.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was no indication any where that renovations were being done. Although it didn't cause any disruption to our visit, it would have been nice to know.

The beds were very comfortable and the rooms provided the basic needs.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Not applicable

Very friendly staff. Traveling with our cat. Asked me if I needed bowls or anything. Nice clean room. Good breakfast...easy to check in...nice place..will book again in June. Thanks!

• First Floor Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

For us everything was great staff really went out of their was to keep us happy and comfortable

Location was perfect and the staff very pleasant and accomadating will stay there againfor

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• First Floor Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was construction underway that was not noted on either booking.com or their own website. Both made reference to a hot breakfast, which was innacurrate, as that was what the construction was adding to the site.

Excellent highway access. Right beside Casino NB.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

It was a real fluke but the security light from a building across the street hits the mirror and reflects into the eyes of the person in the bed furthest from the outside door in room 115.

Check in staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Executive Suite

There wasnt really anything i didnt like about the hotel it was a really good stay !!

The staff were so freindly and the room was very clean and cozy it was an amazing stay will deffinelty be back again !!!

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• Family Suite

It was advertised as a family room, able to fit 5. We fit but it was cramped. Not much room to put suitcase and bags. A door for the kids suite would have helped little ones get more sleep and go to bed earlier.

Good value. Kids loved the bunkbed and time travel theme painted on the wall.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

We enjoyed our short stay there. And there was nothing really that we could find fault with!

THE CLERK AT THE DESK WAS REALLY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL.THE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST WORKED GREAT FOR US BECAUSE WE WERE LEAVING EARLY IN THE MORNING.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Queen Room with Balcony

bathroom was cold . heater was 20 feet away, desk chair really not comfortable at all.

room was very clean...bed was really comfy, great pillows. bathroom very clean and lots of fresh towels. stayed 4 nights. cozy and comfy... Would recommend,( not fancy but clean.....)

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

I know it's hockey season and families travel with the team but I didn't like the kids running up and down the hall knocking on the doors

This is the second time I stayed at this location. I really like the rooms and the service

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• Family Suite

We had the Family Suite and the kids loved that they had bunk beds and their own room with a TV and a Wii. The king size bed was very comfy!! Loved that we had our own private entrance to the room. We will be staying here again!!

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Honeymoon Suite

I really don't have any complaints.. would suggest some bubbles for the tub in room

We had the honeymoon suite and I was impressed, very nice & relaxing : ) we will be back!

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• First Floor Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Had problem with tv but they gave me a reduction. It was realy appreciate. Thank you very much

Close to everything,nice and clean,good staff,nothing to complain,everything was ok

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

The hotel has free Wifi but my room had a weak connection to the Internet. I mentioned it to the clerk when I was leaving and she said they were looking into it.

The hotel was reasonably priced and had a free breakfast.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Queen Room with Balcony

No elevator to second floor when carrying luggage, and travel items but this is not a big issue..

Free Breakfast available. Tea / coffee available 24 hrs. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

• Honeymoon Suite

the bathroom fan was a bit loud. Came on with light so could not turn it off.

We had the Honeymoon Suite, it was a nice room. Big soaker tub was great and the bed was very comfortable. Also the housecoat's were comfy too!

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

I am gluten free and thee weren't many options for me at the breakfast. Had to go elsewhere. Not good considering we were hoping for a free breakfast.

The front desk staff are so welcoming. The place is spotless and smells so fresh. Rooms are a good size the bed so comfortable. Just a very relaxing atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Found the price a little high for the type of facilities. Didn't like the location of the building very much (was a good ways from downtown).

The breakfast was great! The cleaning was great.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

The breakfast area was small and not equipped to handle the volume of guests that all came at the same time. Not enough staff to keep on top of making sure everything was stocked. But other than that, we were very happy with our stay.

The room was very comfortable. We had a king suite with a beautiful soaker tub.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• First Floor Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Very clean and comfortable rooms. Private entrance to room. Convenient location and close to all amenities. Staff were extra friendly and helped with anything I needed... Especially Jasper! Fabulous owners

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Executive Suite

Extremely poor breakfast,the sun shining directly on our face woke us up at 6 am (pull-down blind did not totally cover window on door) wooden bed frame extended way out from mattress, hit my leg on it and cut it. No full length mirror. Had to drag ironing board way out to another area in order to find an outlet. I could go on...short version....RIP-OFF

We were tired, so we were happy to see a bed, it was definitely not worth 165.20 that we were charged. We were on our way home, from vacationing in Maine and New Hampshire and the Amsterdam in Moncton was a total rip-off compared to the motels we stayed at in US, staff much friendlier and more accomodating.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Staff - Guy working the night shift looked bored, didn't seem to like his job very much and was quite short with me to the point where he seemed annoyed that I dared to ask any question at all. I wasn't asking absurd questions, just the regular "what time is breakfast at?" Etc.

I had a very long drive to Moncton and the bed was a dream!!! The room was excellent and I felt like I was at a resort.