Reviews of Auberge du Carre St-Louis 3 stars

3466 rue St-Denis, Plateau Mont Royal, H2X 3L3 Montréal, Canada

#40 of 54 B&Bs and Inns in Montréal

It was a great location - in the Latin Quarter.
    • Premium room with queen bed and balcony - Courtyard view

It was a great location - in the Latin Quarter. Close to the Metro. Many good restaurants within walking distance. The room was comfortable, clean and spacious. Having the balcony was a real bonus. The restaurant is excellent - very good Indian food! And the staff were so friendly and helpful. All in all I would highly recommend this hotel.

Will not come back again
    • Family Loft with Two Queen Beds and sofa bed - Courtyard view

1. On checking, I was charged with extra $70 of Tax, which was only mentioned in a very small print at the time of booking. With that amount in, I could choose a better place. 2. My room is on the third floor in Another building, which always need staff to come with me and open the main door for access, and the other way does not have elevator, and I had Seniors travelling with me and had to climb to third floor with stairs. 3. Courtyard view turned out to be a dumpster parking.

Location was convenient, bed provided great sleep.
    • Standard Room with Queen Bed

The shower head was either rusty or dirty, neither of which is great. The room felt a bit cramped, especially with luggage on the floor. The queen size bed was nice, but perhaps better suited to a bigger room.

The bed was great. The shower curtain was nice. The microwave was clean and looked new. Overall, the kitchenette was well stocked.

Not the greatest experience
    • Premium room with queen bed and balcony - Courtyard view

Terrace looked over garbage and rat traps. Parking was difficult, I was blocked in twice by other cars even though I paid extra $20 per day. Had to walk through restaurant to get to elevator. Hallways were not clean. There was no air conditioning in the room and you couldn’t leave the doors of the terrace open because there were drug addicts hanging around the back.

Room was clean but hotel was in a terrible area.

Exceeded my expectations.
    • Superior Queen Room

The wifi seemed to drop a lot.

Room was very clean and spacious. Bed was super comfortable and linens were crisp and new. My room was missing the hair dryer, but the staff went out of their way to find me one. Super helpful! Breakfast was fantastic! Well exceeded my expectations. Fresh croissants, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, meats, toaster station, hot cereal. They have a new elevator and 24 hr front desk. Would highly recommend.

Grand Prix weekend was great. Hotel close to Metro with unlimited weekend pass. lots to see and do.
    • Executive Loft with queen bed and Sofa bed - city view

Car parking around back in an ally not so convenient or nice (no problems though). Unusual layout of buildings. Our room was in an adjacent building to main Hotel entrance not directly accessible by elevator. If you can't walk a flight of stairs, Would be NOK for you.

location to metro station. room size. stove, fridge, microwave, kitchen sink. Restaurants within walking distance. Pleasant helpful staff.

Value for money with breakfast
    • Superior Queen Room

Very rough out the back where we had to park our car. Did not feel that it was a very safe and secure area to leave our vehicle. We also had a front room where there was quite a bit of outside noise during the night

Value for money with breakfast

The location was just amazing: metro stations and lots of...
    • Premium room with queen bed and balcony - Courtyard view

Air conditioner in the room was way too cold. We were freezing in our room even though it was summer outside. You could not monitor the temperature of the room by yourself.

The location was just amazing: metro stations and lots of restaurants and shops nearby. Kitchen was great and beds very comfortable.

Good location, nice staff, large room.
    • Executive Loft with queen bed and Sofa bed - city view

Windows and floors are not sound proof and the room is facing the noisy Rue St Denis. Breakfast is quite ordinary.

Good location, nice staff, large room.

Great place. Highly recommend.
    • Standard Room with Queen Bed

Great boutique hotel. Room was what I requested. Clean. Staff were wonderful and helpful. Near latin quarter. Lots of restaurants near by. 30-40 minute walk to Old Montreal.

Everything was fine.
    • Superior Queen Room

Everything was fine. Until I forgot my really expensive charger there. Called them and every time they said they'd follow up with how much it would cost to ship it. I called them almost every day for a week, and they always said they'd call me back, or they were going to send it via UPS. They never did.

Very friendly staff, comfort is the key and will choose again!
    • Deluxe suite with queen bed and hot tub

The towels were like sand paper. A little disapointing when everything else is so nice and comfy.

The bed was extremely comfortable! One of the best hotel stay I had!

Good location, wifi connection was stable and had a safe for our personal belongings.
    • Deluxe suite with queen bed and hot tub

The breakfast had very minimal choices. The room had a funky musky smell to it that I needed to spray fragrance to mask it. Plus there were no maps or guides to help us explore at the hotel. The whirlpool tub jets didn’t work very well.

The bed was comfy and had no disruptions from other guests. The staff was friendly. Saved a parking spot for us but had to pay extra for that a day. The kitchen was cute and had everything we needed for the weekend.

The room is great, the rest is ok
    • Deluxe suite with queen bed and hot tub

I would like a hair dryer in the bathroom, I didn't see one. The staff was not helpful at first, but after denying help, they helped after second thoughts (like they say I couldn't change the credit card that I used for booking.com at first but then they said it was possible). The hotel is still in construction, you can see building tools in the facilities, but at least we didn't hear noise. The common areas that are in their website are not ready yet. The room has great lighting, but it is all artificial, there is just a small window in the room that faces a brick wall.

The best thing about this hotel is the room. The bed is super comfortable, the sheets are soft. The whole room was very clean when we arrived.

Friendly staff.
    • Standard Room with Queen Bed

Hot tub wasn’t on yet! lol but nothing major.

Friendly staff. Clean. Great restaurant downstairs. Nice breakfast. Easy parking. Will stay again. Elevator installed since our last stay.

Chose to leave, not stay.
    • Deluxe suite with queen bed and hot tub

I booked 2 hours before showing up at 3pm. I was disappointed with the property, it didn't not meet my expectations. The staff insisted that it corresponded to the picture. Technically yes, everything that was supposed to be there was there, but then again for me, there was a disconnect between what was shown in the picture vs what I saw. I decided to leave and not stay, the staff almost took it personally and refused to cooperate or sympathize with the fact it was my birthday, he was offended I disliked the property. I meant no harm, I asked to be re-emburced and that got declined, it is with resistance that we were granted contact with the manager, who referred us to Booking.com. The argument was that they would be at lost for the day if we got our money back. The thing is, I reserved 2 hours before 3 pm, so they had only a window of 2 hours to get clients anyway, my guess is that that room would've been empty anyway. All that to say... I wish they would've cooperated, at least split the cost. I'm only a student, celebrating my birthday, and now i am at lost of 142$, I chose not to stay. Honestly the only power I'm left with is discouraging anyone from booking this property. Yes you will get a room that corresponds to the room description, but there's much better out there downtown for similar prices. Be wise read the booking terms.

Very close to the metro and there’s many shops and...
    • Superior Queen Room

Very close to the metro and there’s many shops and restaurants nearby. Breakfast was filling and staff was friendly. The room was neat and had a view of St Denis.

The room was big and nice, it has a small kitchen.
    • Standard Room with Queen Bed

The only bad experience we had is that in the morning they were doing construction and is very loud. But overall is totally worth it to stay in this hotel.

The room was big and nice, it has a small kitchen. The staff was extremely nice to us even the day of check out he offered us breakfast when the breakfast time is not ready yet.

The location was excellent.
    • Standard Room with Queen Bed

1. I needed to check out 7:30am and the front desk was close.This situation delay my departure. 2. If you want to enjoy the breakfast you need to be there after 8:00am. Although, in the front desk I was told that breakfast stars at 7:30 am. 3. The hot water in the shower isn't hot is barely warm.

The location was excellent. And the room big

Good value for the money.
    • Standard Room with Queen Bed

I think most rooms are up a steep flight of stairs and no elevator which could limit accessibility for some people.

Location. Pleasant to walk in any direction, as well as being close to the Metro. My room was spacious and clean. Did not need or use the kitchenette. This Auberge is not part of any big hotel chain, but an adequately run small business.

Would not go back to this hotel. Horrible experience with staff. Very unprofessional.
    • Family Loft with Two Queen Beds and sofa bed - Courtyard view

Uncooperative staff, and they show false advertisement online. NO FREE BREAKFAST, and also charged me twice on my credit card. I would definitely not recommend this hotel at all.

I like the location of the Hotel. Just in the middle of everything.

Overall a pleasant stay
    • Executive Loft with queen bed and Sofa bed - city view

There were no sheets for the sofa bed. Also it was advertised w breakfast included but downstairs was under renovation.

Cozy & safe for me & my kids

value for budget hotel
    • Standard Room with Queen Bed

Just a little tied in bathroom as in yellow and missing grout and marked and cracked tiles

The breakfast and room meet expectation for the price the staff so so good.

Never go with a luggage as u have to bring it up and down the steep stairs yourselves!
    • Executive Loft with queen bed and Sofa bed - city view

-Stairs with no elevators!! - There's no staff to help u with luggage!! -Breakfast didn't have any eggs or anything warm. Was very lame -the furniture in the suite was very cheap. my dining chair was moving so much that every time I sat on it, felt like it will break

-the location was great, everything nearby -Fairly clean

It’s really quite unfortunate that neither booking.
    • Standard Room with Queen Bed

It’s really quite unfortunate that neither booking.com nor this hotel will accommodate for the issues me and my guest faced at this property. I have called, emailed and left messages and have not been able to get ahold of anyone who can compensate for the second night at this hotel. A medical emergency abruptly changed our plans where we hadn’t to leave immediately. Without compensating for the second night additional financial stresses has been caused unnecessarily. I am requesting on all forums for a response from someone who can help us out, or we will have to take our business elsewhere. I have numerous friends and family who use booking.com, however, will not continue to use them if this issue cannot be resolved.

Great place to stay on Plateau Montréal.
    • Executive Loft with queen bed and Sofa bed - city view

The cleaning service missed our room one of the days and missed some items on other days ( i.e. not enough toilet paper, the floor was not cleaned).

We usually stay at Auberge du Carré St-Louis whenever we go to Montreal (2-3 times/year). It is at an excellent location and is easily accessible by public transit. We love this area of the city and appreciate having the unique cafés, restaurants and boutiques nearby. Staff at the Auberge are friendly and helpful. The restaurant on site is excellent. The rooms are spacious and have a kitchenette, which is handy. Over all, we feel very comfortable there, it is like home away from home.

Overall it was good, except for Blanco.
    • Deluxe suite with queen bed and hot tub

We got to the hotel December 14th and checked in. After we got to the room, we found that someone was already staying there, so the front desk put us in another room. She said that the manager will be here in the morning and will figure everything out later. My friend talked to the manager in the morning and asked if was it possible to not move rooms because she didn’t want to pack our stuff again. The manager, whose name is Blanco, didn’t talk to her nicely, so I came to talk to him. He just told us to go bring our luggage down because he wants the room back, and said in that during the time we were talking we could’ve just taken the luggage downstairs. He wasn’t interested in helping us at all and said that we were being difficult. I would say since I have been traveling, this is the worst service ever. But, front desks during the night shift December 14 and 15 were very helpful.

The location is very good, it’s very close to the metro, only 3 minutes away.

The room was very nice and clean.
    • Deluxe suite with queen bed and hot tub

The parking was a little difficult but I was glad that there was parking available for the guests at the hotel.

The room was very nice and clean. The room had a jacuzzi bath which was very nice!

We will come back
    • Family Loft with Two Queen Beds and sofa bed - Courtyard view

It was very difficult to go up all those stairs with all of our luggage. We had help from the kindly staff, but my husband that had the bigger one was not happy at first.

Very clean and spacious room, with kitchenette, very clean bathroom. Also a delicious breakfast. And very kindly staff. Very very close from the metro station and a beautiful park.

This Hotel is a perfect place to stay in Montreal.
    • Deluxe suite with queen bed and hot tub

This Hotel is a perfect place to stay in Montreal. Close to the Metro system and lots of near by shops and restaurants to expore. They provide a wonderful breakfast too!

gave us most of what we wanted. Amazing jacuzzi.
    • Deluxe suite with queen bed and hot tub

No lift - very long high stairs - we had to carry our bags a long way up. Perpetual smell of curry from ground floor restaurant.

Friendliness of staff. very informative. near metro station.

Very large rooms, best to be located on the courtyard rather...
    • Executive Loft with queen bed and Sofa bed - city view

A slight issue when we decided to amend the booking as the price was in fact a promotion with conditions attached. This was not clearly displayed on the booking.com website.

Very large rooms, best to be located on the courtyard rather that the avenue more quiet. Excellent indian restaurant. We ended up using our car everyday and it was great to have a parking facility there.

I had a very nice, relaxing evening after a stressful day.
    • Superior Queen Room

Very difficult to pull over and check in since the hotel is on a very busy street. Parking is good, once they show you where it is.

Staff was very nice, very helpful, breakfast had much to choose from. Location is great, can walk anywhere, public transport is nearby.

Nice and accommodating!
    • Executive Loft with queen bed and Sofa bed - city view

I would have liked if the bathtub was a little more cleanly, there was hair left from another guest which was a little disturbing but that was the only thing I didn’t like.

Having a fridge and microwave definitely came in handy. Will definitely be returning when I go back to Montreal.

Good nutritious breakfast and central location.
    • Executive Loft with queen bed and Sofa bed - city view

Room was on second floor and facing rue St-Denis and consequently rather noisy although it is not really a fault of the hotel.

Good nutritious breakfast and central location.

Great place to stay to get away from the hustle and bustle; ideal place to go slow and relax👌🏿♥️
    • Standard Room with Queen Bed

The breakfast selections could be more varied...and the breads and croissants are made fresh daily.

Room was comfortable and private near the rooftop deck! The hotel areas were quiet during the day and at nights. Convenient Guru Indian bistro located in Hotel lobby is very convenient!

Nice and cheap place near the public transport
    • Superior Queen Room

I dod not like that I had to carry all my staff to the second floor by myself, there was no elevator and I had very heavy suitcase. I was not offered any help.

It was comfortable and clean. Personnel was nice. Breakfast was included in the price, which I appriciated. I had a gigantic room just for myself for a really good price. Many nice restaurants around.

Nice and cheap place near the public transport
    • Standard Room with Queen Bed

I did not like that I had to carry all my staff to the second floor by myself, there was no elevator and I had very heavy suitcase. I was not offered any help. Overall, I liked the place and would come back.

The stay was excellent and we really enjoyed the breakfast and location.
    • Deluxe suite with queen bed and hot tub

The only down side, there are no elevators and we were on the 4th floor 52 steps up. Other than that the stay was excellent!!

Great continental breakfast, excellent location close to metro & easy walking distance to everything. The room was very comfortable especially the bed. The only downside is there is no elevator & we were on the 4th floor 52 steps up. The attendants at the desk were always very helpful & pleasant.

Felt relatively safe in this hostel that had private rooms.
    • Superior Queen Room

The neighborhood was a little sketchy. Heard some shouting late at night from street below. No elevator. Narrow staircase. Had to carry luggage up three flights of stairs.

Excellent location, so close to metro station. Nice restaurants, cafe, and bakery closeby. Good continental breakfast which included delicious, flaky croissants, and a great assortment of breads including gluten free. Convenient to have little kitchenette.

Affordable but not clean
    • Superior Queen Room

The bed was uncomfortable, making sleeping impossible. The bathroom was not clean and felt unfinished (paint on floor, baseboard dirty) Hallways didn’t smell fresh, as there is a restaurant downstairs and the smell permeated up.

Friendly staff

Everything was perfect the room was clean, it had all the...
    • Deluxe suite with queen bed and hot tub

The only downside about the property is that it's to find a parking around the building.

Everything was perfect the room was clean, it had all the thing you need for a long stay plus the spa bathtub was very nice.

Good location, friendly staff
    • Premium room with queen bed and balcony - Courtyard view

Dirty towels, hair in the bedding that wasn’t mine, just overall could’ve been a lot cleaner. After the first night I left the sign on my door to clean. When I came back to my room the sign had been flipped to the “do not disturb” sign and my room had not been cleaned. Then they have the audacity to have an envelope for tips inside the room. Here’s a tip: actually CLEAN the rooms.

The reception staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast was decent.

Good $ value
    • Standard Room with Queen Bed

Parking is available at extra 20$ a day. Booking in advance is an absolute must. It is a tight spot to get in if you have a large vehicule. The alternative is street parking, not recommended. Room is comfy and clean but in need of a wee bit of TLC.

Good harty breakfast available. Very convenient location for underground train less than 200 m away.

Rue Saint Jean is a busy street so with windows open the...
    • Deluxe suite with queen bed and hot tub

Rue Saint Jean is a busy street so with windows open the room was a little noisy. That said, the AC worked beautifully. The room was a nice size and clean. The bed was comfortable and the shower was good. The bathroom was quite tiny but adequate. The hotel is a walk-up so you get your exercise. The breakfast, which was included, was quite good. The location was good, with easy access to the Metro and a lovely park and a pedestrian street next door. I would recommend paying for the parking on site if it is available. Parking on street looked to be challenging.

It was nice

The stairs were steep no elevator in hotel and I was on the 4th floor

Hot tub room bed and pillows the kitchennete was a good feature. A nice deck to sit out. I found the room dark and very quiet. A.C. worked. Shops cafe's restaurants bakery in this area. Next door is a lovely park I really enjoyed the squirrels and birds.

decent place in prime location
    • Premium room with queen bed and balcony - Courtyard view

the location! this was a great little find right in the heart of things. it's a bustling and (can be) noisy corner, but for one or two busy in-town days, it was great. the indian food downstairs was very good.

I like the room space, kitchen and frige.
    • Family Loft with Two Queen Beds and sofa bed - Courtyard view

I like the room space, kitchen and frige. Breakfast was delicious and the receptionist was very friendly, helpful and kindly (especially FUZI this guy named FUZI was amazing and he made the difference (he his the best). Definitely i will recomend this hotel for my friends.

Expensive if you include parking fees, bed issues and lack of a lobby where you can seat and relax.
    • Superior Queen Room

The sofa bed set up for my daughter was very uncomfortable: just a bed sheet over a bumpy leather sofa. A bed topper would have simply improved that. I wish that instead of telling us "you will get a ticket if you park in the street" and charging us $40/day for parking they would have said: "you can park in the street but make sure to move your car according to the schedule". Also on Sundays there are very few restrictions. We were in two different rooms. The second one was a lot nicer. In the first one we could not close the window to insulate us from noise. The first person to welcome us really was not the smiling kind (which really helps in the hospitality business).

The main bed was comfortable. The location was quiet except for Saturday night (very loud cars and people up until 3-4 am). The rooms are in good shape and very clean. One of them had a jacuzzy. The location is convenient.

The pros and cons balanced out
    • Family Loft with Two Queen Beds and sofa bed - Courtyard view

I didn't like the total being 150$ more than I agreed upon online for the 3 nights . Part of that was due to paying 20$ to park there each night (when actually I didn't even have a real spot to park in. I was the extra car and I was blocked in.)

The room and the air conditioning . Comfy beds. Free breakfast.

bed was comfortable.
    • Deluxe suite with queen bed and hot tub

the cover to the jacuzzi outside was broken. trying to figure out how to get the right temperature of the water in shower was tricky. difficult to find an outlet to charge phone/computer. when i did, there was no faceplate on it 😬. the blinds were difficult to close snd should be replaced (some slats were broken) overall nice convenient hotel in good area. just needs a little more TLC

bed was comfortable. quiet. friendly staff willing to store luggage on last day. breakfast was pretty good.

This is a lovely small hotel
    • Deluxe suite with queen bed and hot tub

Excellent location on lively street within walking distance to Old Montreal. Very comfortable bed with quality bedding. super helpful and pleasant staff. Breakfast was varies and plentiful.

Was great, comfortable and almost luxiourious
    • Family Loft with Two Queen Beds and sofa bed - Courtyard view

very comfortable room. we were 5 and happy to finally find real nice beds, with a flashy bathroom and good kitchenette... very well located not far from the main shopping streets. Breakfast was good .

Goog breakfast, great location!
    • Deluxe suite with queen bed and hot tub

Shower was a bit wonky with temperature regulation, but the hot tub made up for it.

Good variety for breakfast, excellent location and helpful staff!

Perfect location, short bike ride to fun places such as...
    • Executive Loft with queen bed and Sofa bed - city view

Perfect location, short bike ride to fun places such as downtown, old Montreal, Mount Royal, mile end neighborhood. Also plenty of food/cafe options all within walking distance.

Close to downtown
    • Family Loft with Two Queen Beds and sofa bed - Courtyard view

No elevator, no parking on site, no private balcony and people smokes.

We stayed at the next building which was newer, however we were at the 4th floor and walking up the stairs is a hassle especially when you are with an elderly and hauling luggage bags. The beds were nice and comfortable there is a mini kitchen with stove and a small fridge a table and chairs. The wall mounted shampoo/conditioner dispenser in the bathroom doesn't work, other wise it was a good stay for a night. Free wifi and a good breakfast served on the ground floor of the older building where the reception is located.

Overall a great stay.
    • Executive Loft with queen bed and Sofa bed - city view

Lack of parking. If you have a big vehicle, you can't park where it offers parking so you have to park on the street.

Great breakfast in the morning.

I had a nice time at the hotel
    • Executive Loft with queen bed and Sofa bed - city view

The lighting in the room. It was hard to apply makeup without having the curtains all the way open.

Croissants were amazing! The hotel room was cute and cozy and clean. The back patio was nice. I had a nice time there.

A comfortable well located hotel,with nice staff
    • Executive Loft with queen bed and Sofa bed - city view

The parking lot is small

The hotel was comfortable,the breakfast was good,the people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful,the hotel was well located walking distance to old Montreal and downtown

Good hotel just outside of downtown
    • Family Loft with Two Queen Beds and sofa bed - Courtyard view

Check in was confusing, as was the parking situation. The area at night does not feel safe.

Breakfast was good, as was the size of the room and the kitchenette. Extremely clean.

Good location, simple but cozy
    • Family Loft with Two Queen Beds and sofa bed - Courtyard view

Breakfast could have more diversity

Location - ideal for those who want to visit the main places of interest of the city on foot Simple but cozy The "invented" parking in the back of the hotel on a ramp is cheap and solves the problem for those traveling by car

I loved the breakfast and my balcony i
    • Premium room with queen bed and balcony - Courtyard view

I did not like the envelope with 'chicken scratch'/sketchy writing asking for a tip beside my bed, after lugging my luggage up a couple of flights of stairs. After returning from my friend's wedding late at night, I didn't realize there was a side door for late night access. Thankfully there was someone in the restaurant working, however he seemed highly annoyed to help me, rolling his eyes and cursing at me. Won't stay here again

I loved the breakfast and my balcony i

The stay was great and I would definitely return
    • Superior Queen Room

Everything was great, when walking at night however down st Denis, there were some very sketchy people

I liked how close it was to everything for a good price

Comfortable room, shame no lift.
    • Deluxe suite with queen bed and hot tub

We were on the fourth floor and there was no lift. I knew this when I booked but didn't realise my room was so high up. I have decided never to book a hotel without a lift again, unless I have minimal luggage. The breakfast was badly laid out. We were constantly bumping into each other to get to the food and drink. I didn't like having to clear my plates away into a grey bowl with all the other dirty plates and cutlery. The curtains in the room didn't really keep the light out in the morning. The room was at the front of the property so there was a bit of noise.

The room was comfortable with a hot tub, kitchen area , sofa and small wardrobe. There was a lot of choice at breakfast. It was a ten plus minute walk to the airport shuttle bus stop. Close to a lively area of restaurants and bars.

Overall a good stay ... would probably stay there again - the price and location can't be beat!
    • Executive Loft with queen bed and Sofa bed - city view

I wasn't sure what to expect ... the exterior looked different from the pictures - at first I wasn't sure if I was at the right place - the entrance was kind of awkward, especially with large suitcases and lots of stairs to the room.

The staff that we saw seemed friendly and helpful, the breakfast was good, the room seemed clean and well maintained ... but access to the room could be difficult for people with a lot of luggage or for elderly or those with medical issues due to the number of stairs to access (I don't think there was an elevator). The location was very good as it had very close access to the metro which made it easy to get around the city to see the various sites (I recommend purchasing the 747 bus pass as it can be used to travel to/from the airport and for the metro to travel all over the city for a minimal cost - $18 for 3 days).

Amazing staying.

Not comments

We drove from Boston, USA overnight we arrived very early in the morning not one answer the phone and the reception was close until 8 am but finally someone open the door for us and we wait until the new shift person arrives but we really want to thanks Jeanette the front desk girl she makes our staying enjoyable she is amazing and the most friendly person. She let us using the living room to sleep until our room was available at the end of the day finally we wake up and she give you us a lot information about Montreal also a lot the stuff that works there are amazing because we didn't speak French just English and Spanish some of them give you a lot info in our originally language. Definitely next time I will be going to Montreal I will be staying there because for the location and the value for the hotel.

Very relaxing
    • Superior Queen Room

The hotel has no elevator which I did know up front. Still I didn't enjoy it, I have to say. It very Parisian but it may be a bit of hassle for someone with any mobility issues, lots of luggage or could be dangerous for younger kids. I was on the fourth floor and one of the staircases is rather steep and marble (wood or carpet would be better).. however since this is an older building and with a certain layout, not much can be done, I realize..one can ask for a room on the first or second floor though..in the end the lack of stairs is a good work out..so pack light, condition your legs and knees and think it is just like in Paris😉

Location is unbeatable...steps from the Metro and walking distance from many wonderful restaurants on Rue St-Denis..close to Schwartz Deli and La Vieille Europe and at least 3 gourmet ice cream places...daily breakfast very convenient, yummy, plentiful with excellent choices. And since I was coming from very hot, AC deprived and hazy Vancouver, air conditioning worked well and was real blessing. Public transportation is at the doorsteps however I walked a lot and it is about 30 minutes walk to the Old Montreal etc. Last but not least, there is a wonderful Les Cafe Des Chats right across the street: must visit if you love cats.

We love it
    • Executive Loft with queen bed and Sofa bed - city view

The parking lot belongs to the Town, it was dirty.

Staff wa excellent, clean room, good location, excellent breakfast. Parking lot very dirty. Good price.

Poor customer service, not worth the money.
    • Family Loft with Two Queen Beds and sofa bed - Courtyard view

poor customer service from management and staff. we did not have hot water for the first night of stay (on a weekend night in Montreal and could not take shower, no water from when we checked-in in the afternoon till 10pm) and later on management denied this and said it was only for half an hour. The poorest customer service I have ever experienced in Canada and hotels with booking.com.

Location was good.

Clean, convenient and friendly staff!!
    • Standard Room with Queen Bed

The included breakfast was not the best, more choices would be great!! The entrance to the hotel is trough and Indian restaurant and the lobby and stairs smell like curry all the time!! No elevator and the layout is so confusing!!

Excellent location one block to the metro. A lot of places to eat at walking distance. The room was comfortable and clean.

Did not like this hotel
    • Premium room with queen bed and balcony - Courtyard view

I did not lile this property Not what the pictures showed on booking.com site Would not recommend it And angry i sent that much money on this hotel

Love the location!
    • Standard Room with Queen Bed

Previous occupants food was left in refrigerator and didn't smell so great. And the previous occupants towels were left hanging on the back of the bathroom door. No view at all other than a window from another room. Could not see outside at all, but not that important to us.

Great A/C in the room. Nice shower

Montreal is a non-pretentious city with friendly and interesting people.
    • Family Loft with Two Queen Beds and sofa bed - Courtyard view

Needed our small car for parking lot. Leave your F-150 Super Cab long bed truck at home.

The room for five was plenty big enough. Comfortable bedding. The lady who cleaned the rooms was cheerful and helpful. Location is very good - easy walk to Old Montreal (take bus back). Tip: can use ATM at TD Bank if you have a U.S. account to directly withdraw Canadian currency without exchange fee. It's about three blocks from the hotel on Saint Laurent Boulevard.

The location is superb.
    • Premium room with queen bed and balcony - Courtyard view

The location is superb. Parking was cramped and required advanced notice, but staff was extremely helpful and flexible because they know the space they have for parking isn't exactly ideal. Room was clean and comfortable (kitchen was a plus), breakfast was completely satisfactory: not a huge buffet of hot plates, but a great selection of breads, pastries, fruits, yogurts, coffee, etc. As a college student who was there to explore the city, this place was a perfect home base in terms of location, comfort, and price.

Overall, we had a great experience and plan on booking there again when we come back!
    • Premium room with queen bed and balcony - Courtyard view

The room itself was surprisingly bigger than we expected especially because it came with its own kitchen and balcony which was great. The location was also excellent because it was so easy to walk to everything!

Browse Auberge du Carre St-Louis traveller photo gallery