Reviews of Hotel Universel Montréal 4 stars

#73 of 134 hotels in Montréal

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

WYSIWYG
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Receptionists attitude on arrival.We were directed to an elevator that he knew was broken.He had a couldn’t care less manner.He needs to retrain or find new career.

3 star hotel ideally located for Olympic Village and surrounding attractions.Free parking was a bonus and within short walking distance or free shuttle to metro.On arrival male receptionist was a bit “robotic”explaining facilities at super speed.Rooms were clean and had all the facilities of a 3 star hotel.we were in room 121 just above boiler room and felt at times as if we were on a ship when the floor vibrated!All in all a pleasant good value experience.

Great hotel!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Washroom was small and lacked privacy.

Comfortable room. But a little small for four of us. Not much privacy in washroom. Great helpful staff. Helped us find a great restaurant that night.

The 2 pools (even during our visit the outside pool was...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel need an update. Mini fridge needs a defrosting, TV remote new batteries

The 2 pools (even during our visit the outside pool was closed) the beds were comfortable, staff very very friendly.

The staff is extremely friendly and it is a beautiful hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our room was basically in the basement by the pool and it was very noisy. Also, on our last full day there they had some kind of wedding party there in which the guests took up a lot of the parking spots. So we had to park at the opposite side of the hotel from where our room was.

The staff is extremely friendly and it is a beautiful hotel.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

The staff at the desk were friendly and very helpful.
    • Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds

I think that the lifeguard needs some additional training. Three teen age boys came into the pool area while we were there and were very loud, jumping off the sides right next to small kids, their aggressive play took over the entire pool and many people left rather than wait for someone to get hurt. The lifeguard didn’t ever say a word. I think she mostly looked at her phone.

The staff at the desk were friendly and very helpful. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable.

Great value for your money!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only downside is that the walls are thin and we could hear everyone in the hallway.

Great location! Walking to the Saputo Stadium. We loved that there was free parking and two pools (indoor and outdoor). They also have a very good restaurant.

Great place for its value.
    • Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds

The outdoor pool was not heated. The equipment in the fitness center needs to be updated and in working order. Breakfast was not included on its price.

The location on the east side was convenient...away from all the road construction. Room was clean. Next to the Olympic Park and Botanical Garden.

Staff was very nice and the location is perfect with kids.
    • Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds

I would have liked a private bathroom and there was no option of adding an extra bed or having a suite with a sofa-bed (the option is only available with a 1 king-size bed, not with 2 double bed). They offered me to bring my own mat.

Staff was very nice and the location is perfect with kids.

For the price I would not stay here and get a better place for an extra $20 night .Not very clean
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Better service.requested an early check in at 1pm. First time ever was refused. All the other hotels I stayed in managed to get me in at this time. Safe in hotel was not working,staff member checked it and said it might need new batteries.Never saw him again. Indoor pool very small and too much chlorine. Requested a shuttle service to be picked up from Metro Viau station at 10;30pm after a long day of walking everywhere. Was told it was very busy.Told us it was a 30 minute wait for a 10 minute walk.Like I said a long day of walking with a young child in tow.Very tired. That's the reason chose this.BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!! We walked and when we got to the hotel the shuttle bus was parked in front of the hotel where it always is .WTF? Can hear people talking very loudly in the hallway at 2am two nights in a row.Woke me up. Need better soundproofing.

Nothing .

Not even a 3 star Hotel never mind 4
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel was outdated and the staff were not helpful when asked for something that my 7 year old can sleep on. Not even extra pillows or blanket. Apparently we didn’t pay enough to have a couple of water bottles in the empty cooler. TV in the room was disabled so that you can’t connect your own laptop to watch a movie or PS4 for the kids to play.

The price was reasonable

We can't wait to return to Hotel Universel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We really enjoyed our visit to Montreal and our stay at this hotel. The staff was absolutely incredible. We have never stayed somewhere where the people have gone above and beyond to make sure our stay was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Wonderful place to stay!!!
    • Superior Suite with Spa Bath

Our family loved everything. The only thing that would have been nice to have was a complimentary Continental Breakfast in the mornings.

The accommodations we're very clean and modern. I loved the colorful stained glass doors in the room. The hotel is also close to the metro and the Olympic village. We loved that!!

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Good value
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast coupons were a little overpriced.

Clean hotel for the money. Madisons resturant a block away was amazing. Not a bad walk to the Metro. Center of Olympic Park.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Very nice hotel; excellent staff!

One elevator in a 7 floor structure?

Hotel was clean and staff super helpful and friendly. Breakfast was unfortunately not included, and this was not clear from the Booking.com listing about which hotel said breakfast was merely 'offered' but not included in the price. Language matters; so this listing should be clarified. There was a nominal discount offered on the breakfast though. That was the only minor glitch of the stay. Also, the shuttle service to the metro was nice, but we always had to wait at least 15-20 minutes as there appeared to be more demand than supply.

Bed was quite good and feel comfortable, And the other good...
    • Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds

The one of main elevator was out of order. Considering my room on 5th floor, it was very inconvenience for kids. Also I believe the parking area is not enough for weekend. I had to wait for half hours to find spot.

Bed was quite good and feel comfortable, And the other good thing, it is very close with stadium, it take 5 mins by walk. The pool seems great, however, I`ve not used.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The building must have been built for the 1976 Olympics - it definitely needed renovation. The breakfast menu was disappointing, with only a few healthy options. In general, the hotel was seriously overpriced.

It was great to have an open air swimming pool.

Nothing special...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rude staff, and for no reason. I said hello, and one of the receptionists gave me a dirty look. The beds are also like laying on boards. Not what I was expecting.

The building itself was nice, the room was clean and the location was good

Room and hallway appeared recently renovated
    • Superior King Room

ONE elevator from the lobby!? We were on the 7th floor so you can imagine how much time we wasted waiting! Housekeeping made the bed but didn’t leave shampoo or conditioner the next morning, I know we can call front desk for this but when it is obvious there is none left how can they miss that and I have never stayed in a hotel that skips this! Breakfast overpriced. 2 stars maximum.

Room and hallway appeared recently renovated

Great family location for visiting Montreal.
    • Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very nice people working at front desk, but can get a little busy if a few people in line and phone calls coming in.

Convenient location, two swimming pools (indoors & out) and free parking.

We were really pleased with our stay.
    • Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds

We would have liked breakfast included with the stay.

We were really pleased with our stay. It was great value for money. The hotel is clean and comfortable and in a good location.

Basic and dated
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Decor is dated. Told we had been upgraded to a renovated room , furniture dated room basic, indoor pool not fit for use. Looked dirty paint peeled in bottom and appeared black and flaky, breakfast not included and not worth the extra money .

Outdoor pool, free parking

This place was fantastic for our family.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

This place was fantastic for our family. The front desk staff were very helpful with everything (thanks Catherine and all others!) and we appreciated the attention to our needs. Breakfast was superb and the atmosphere was inviting. We had a sweet room and it was situated was very quiet. The Botanical Gardens nearby were beautiful and made a great outing.

Decent hotel in a convenient location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Small bed and th fact that one night rates had been doubled due to the Canadian Grand Prix.

Hotel is in a good location for public transport downtown, and had good facilities. The bar had a nice atmosphere.

My first night was excellent, not my second.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

This hotel welcomes groups. My first night was quiet. On my second night there was a bus load of teenage girls staying on my floor. Not only were the girls loud and noisy but the adults with them were conversing loudly until 11:30pm. That started all over early in the morning. In my view, if a hotel plans to accept large groups of kids they need to isolate them on their own floor not assume they can cohabitate with other paying guests. This practise is unfair to all the others trying to get some sleep.

Great location and very nice clean room.

Never again.
    • Premium King Room

Staff not friendly. Room was sme)ly and dark. lLight was dull. Carpet was old and worn as was couch in the room. I found candy on the floor which asked me the question was the room vacuumed. would certainly not recommend. Stayed one night of two and could not wait to leave. Had to forfeit payment for second night as thwy would not refund.

Nothing .

We booked a suite with "spa bath".
    • Superior Suite with Spa Bath

We booked a suite with "spa bath". When we filled the tub and switched on the jets, the filth of several years was blown into the water. It was a very disgusting experience. The staff in the restaurant just ignored us when we waited to be seated for breakfast. It took them 10 minutes until they finally approached us, although they definitely noticed us standing there already. Their speed of service and general attitude gave me the impression that it's my fault they have to work so early. To be specific, we made this experience with the waitresses, not with the waiters next day.

The hotel was ok and location was good with a low price tag.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed was really uncomfortable. We stayed on the ground floor which was extra noisy. The rooms aren't sound proof and there were lots of people with their doors open travelling from room to room. Thankfully the noise stopped around 11pm. Other floors were way more quiet.

The hotel was ok and location was good with a low price tag.

We were charged 3times the amount because the front desk...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We were charged 3times the amount because the front desk staff erroneously placed a hold then ran it 2 other times. When we brought it to their attention we were hard pressed to get anyone to assist us

I would reccomend this hotel and I would definitely stay there again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It would have been nice if there was a hot tub near the pool area. The restaurant was a little pricey but the food was great!

When I arrived the concierge was absolutely great! The room was nice and the beds were comfy! The kids were happy that there was a pool inside, it was small, but very clean. I would totally stay here again with my family.

Pleasant hotel with friendly staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Some parts of the hotel could do with an updating.

Friendly staff, lively hotel which we liked, great location as we were taking our kids to biodome nearby. Really beautiful area.

It was clean and personnel was very helpful
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It did not have continental and I found it quite expensive. I would not rate this 4 stars. Room was small and furniture old and random.

It was clean and personnel was very helpful

It is well located, about 5 minutes from metro station.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Too expensive for what the room is. It was noisy, and not really clean. The bed was not really comfortable.

It is well located, about 5 minutes from metro station.

Nice place, first time, and will most likely return!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bad timing for arrival (15h45), approx. 20+ people in line for checking-in due to event at Stade Olympique on Dec. 30th, long delay. Some elevators Out of Order. Sauna at pool location Out of Order.

Proximity of restaurants, and restaurant and bar onsite. Swimming pool appeared to be very clean. Gym appeared to be well maintained. Check-out time is 12h00 (Noon), which is nice.

I would recommend if you don’t have to valet your car and there is no construction. It’s a great loc
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

My rental car was scratched while in possession of the valet. Hotel manager did not want to claim any liability. This was a mistake for me. Other than this the hotel service and staff, value for the money were excellent. Lots of construction starting at 7am outside my window and I had specially asked for a quiet room. These two problems we enough for me to consider not returning. The room was perfect and clean.

We shall return!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

TV was not working properly but our stay was so short that it was a very minor inconvenient

Staff was polite, helpful, and smiling. We were well greeted.

I'll be going back again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I've been here twice. The first time the staff was excellent and on a general note they are great from reception, to cleaning staff, to servers in the restaurant. However, just a minor comment is that this time one staff at reception seemed confused and didn't give us basic information automatically on his own... we had to think about asking him.

Very clean and comfortable hotel. Free parking right on the hotel's property. Location is great if you have a car as you will be able to easily drive downtown. Otherwise downtown is not walking distance although there are activities in the area to go see.

Over all very pleasant stay. Really worth for money that you spend.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Night bit noisy. Could not sleep properly since kids were running in the hallway and making noise but this is nothing to do with management. They can’t do anything. If you are a couple I would highly recommend you to book king bed room so that you could escape from this problem..:)

Very friendly staff and very accommodative. I requested for late check out and there was no problem to do that.

Great value for the price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very noisy company at the pool (obviously not the Hotel's fault) which made us leave, and the somewhat lackadaisical service at the restaurant at breakfast.

The comfortable and spacious room.

Very helpful reception staff.
    • Superior King Room

The special deal breakfast was mediocre, a bit pricey for what it was ($13) but it was convenient

Very helpful reception staff. Excellent location for botanical gardens and bio dome. Upgraded room with good view and very quiet.

Very large and somewhat impersonal hotel, but a reasonable stay for a 2 night visit to see Montreal
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had a room on the ground floor right next to the lifts. This is a busy hotel and obviously noise is a problem. However the staff were very good and our complaints were listened to and we were given a discount.

Good location near the Olympic park, however it is a fairly long walk to the metro station which is not so easy to find. OK after you have figured it out though. Easy ride on metro to city centre.

Nice hotel located by Olypic Park/Botanical Gardens
    • Superior Suite with Spa Bath

There were a few things I didn't like. The door to the hallway didn't keep out sound very well which although could be tolerable, wasn't as a bunch of high school athletes were in the hotel for a competition. Also the fold out bed was not very comfortable, and despite being advertised as sleeping two people, could not do so comfortably. Finally I was surprised that the hotel did not offer breakfast with the room. However, we were further disappointed to find out that my eight year old daughter "had to" get an adult breakfast which she of course couldn't finish. The set breakfast was very limited with only a choice of only (three) pancakes or eggs with potatoes and toast; both meals were served with drinks. We expected a nicer meal with more variety for a hotel of this caliber and the option of a child meal should be offered to children! It's so disappointing when hotels can't accommodate small things like that which should just be options available to the discretion of customers.

The hotel and our room seemed to be in very good shape. It was centrally located across across the street from the Olympic Park and Botanical Gardens so several sights including the Insectarium, Japanese and Chinese gardens, Biodome etc. were all in walking distance and there was access to the metro nearby as well.

Beautiful rooms, super friendly staff!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Location was a little far from the downtown attractions but really not that bad. Only a 20-minute walk to the nearest Metro station then about 20-30 minutes to downtown. But very close to the Olympic Stadium, Jardin, Montreal Impact stadium, Biodome, Insectarium.

Beautiful rooms, nice view! Very clean. Friendly staff.

I was very impressed by the high quality - excellent value...

All good!

I was very impressed by the high quality - excellent value for a decent price! The staff were very accommodating to a specific (small) need I had.

Mostly positive but be aware of the location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Problems at checkout mainly because I had double booked the room and despite my earlier cancellation of one of the bookings the hotel proved most reluctant to make a refund

Nothing special

Great bang for the buck. Defiantly recommend this hotel.
    • Superior King Room

The only thing I can find a issue with was the restaurant breakfast staff. They where a little slow and seemed uninterested in being at work. We still got the service and the food was great, the staff just seem sluggish.

The staff was friendly and curtiouse. The rooms where clean and spacious. The hotel was within walking distance of many point of interests and a park.

Good clean hotel offering value for money with an easy tube rude to down town Montreal
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

A little further to tube than led to believe but walk was through the Olympic park so quite interesting.

Had an excellent meal in the restaurant on the first night.

It's a good and quiet hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The sliding door allows everyone in the room to know what's happening in the bathroom. A huge issue when sharing one room with 4 people. No air flow/exaust as well.

It's a good and quiet hotel.

Outdoor pool and gym where a great bonus.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We were in a ground floor room which concerned me with security. The gym had a carpet! How do you clean a sweaty gym floor when it has a carpet!

Outdoor pool and gym where a great bonus. Staff were very friendly and efficient and check in and out was quick and easy.

Close to major attractions and the local eateries were great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Needs more parking. The elevator is extremely slow, and only having 1 makes it difficult for the visitors. Always have to wait because it's full.

Close to major attractions and the local eateries were great. Especially having Coras within walking distance from the hotel for breakfast.

Hotel was nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Annoyed that 18 of us booked the exact same type of room on the same floor, through booking.com and all got wildly different rates and the one family that booked directly with the hotel got it the cheapest rate. over 20% cheaper going directly with the hotel.

Hotel was nice.

I didn't want to leave.
    • Superior King Room

My dream breakfast would have been to have a great cup of coffee, like espresso, a poppyseed Montreal bagel, with smoked salmon and cream cheese.

I liked that it was a possibility. We considered having breakfast when we checked out at 11:00 am but breakfast ended at 11:00 de we couldn't. This is not a complaint, Just explaining that we did not have breakfast there.

Never seen worse beds and pillows
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

First floor smelled so bad, both hallway and in the room, like had someone's thrownups, also bad in indoor swimming area At outside pool, smelled strong cigarette smoking from parking lot, we had to leave. The pillow can't be worse, the bed got us all including my children backache

Has a gym, a pool and free parking

Very pleased and a good deal
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

In my sister's room the toilet paper holder was too far from the actual toilet. In my room it was on the sliding door which was fine. The door to the toilet and shower is a sliding door so not too much privacy if going to pee or poo. Does not lock. I ordered a brownie and ice cream at the restaurant which I picked up but for 10$ it was not worth it. 5$ for just a plain scoop of vanilla ice cream (no syrup on top or anything) and 5$ for a cold piece of brownie that was just cut from a slate was not worth it. I did not even eat it. No breakfast included.

It is right across the olympic stadium and the botanical garden so location is amazing. Not too many restaurants around but they have 2 there. Beds were comfy. Service at the front desk was great. I was able to get a room next to my sister who had booked a while ago. I had booked 30 minutes before my check in. We got an upgraded room. Very nice!internet was included and parking too.

Very comfy and accommodating.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Larger menu in Le Toit Rouge.

Very comfy bed. The pools were great; not the weather, but you can't fix that! 😉 Like the lower price than staying in town. Nice that you have a little gift shop.

Hotel very well located and good if visiting planetarium, Biodôme, Botanical gardens or Olympic Park
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Lack of staff at restaurant. Very slow service food is good. Good choice of wine. Excellent breakfast and staff very nice

Two pools. Exterior with lifeguard. Very good in watching children. Very nice person.

Very pleasant, very nice, clean and comfy. We would recommend it to anyone..........
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The fact that we only had one night there Would have love 2 more.........Excellent

We enjoyed our stay very much.Very nice staff, very courteous.unfortunetely we did not eat there , but my husband said that eating area was very appealing.Maybe next time..........We'd recommend this place to anyone.........

Good hotel but far from Montreal Downtown.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It is located close to the botanical garden and biodome, but very far away from everything else in Montreal so we had to take the subway. It is quite a walk to the subway (about 1 km). They have a driver that can take you to nearby places but the service is on demand, so not always available. The restaurant closes at 10pm and there are not any grocerie stores within walking distance.

The room was very clean and comfortable.

Location was a big plus as we walked to mass transit
    • Superior King Room

A bit noisy. Factory work next door into all night long. Swimmers attending National competition at the Olympic Center were noisy at times

The location for my trip was perfect

Didn't clean our room at all, and no explanations at all. Horrible experience.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cleaning service is horrible. It was unbelievable!! When we came back to the hotel 10 o'clock at night, the room was a total mess, the towels and toiletries weren't re supplied or changed at all. The dirty towels were still in the tub. The people at the front desk didn't seem to care at all, gave us 3 free breakfast coupons that worth 10 dollars. They even refuse to tell us the phone number for customer service. The next day, the front desk said that their supervisor will call or email to explain what happen, but nothing came for a whole 2 days.

Parking is ok.

Medical Service Dog - extremely stress free environment recommend to all

Nothing all was glorious

Absolutely fantastic. Free shuttle and friendly smiling staff anywhere you turned. SD friendly and respectful.... Fantastic breakfast... Perfection

It was ok.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had to wait 45 minutes for our room to be available. We arrived at 2:30 so we were a bit early. We were told it was because we were upgraded. Also the morning breakfast with the voucher is very expensive (for $13 for anyone over 7 you get either 3 pancakes or eggs, hashbrowns and toast). Even though it includes tax and tip, it wasn't worth it. Especially for a slightly older child who doesn't eat much. Also the outdoor pool wasn't open during the day. Which was a bit weird since daytime temps were around 25C. Instead it would open late afternoon.

We were put in a renovated room which was very nice. However, there is no enclosed private area to get changed in. The toilet and tub are in a small room together. The sink and mirror are right beside the door to the room. Ok for families or couples but could be awkward for others...

I would recommend this hotel.

I have no complaints

Beds were comfy. Staff was super friendly. Excellent location. No complaints. We booked 2 nights on booking.com then extended it another day once we were there.

Not very pleasant
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel was fully booked at the time we arrived which was after 11PM. We were given a room on the lower level where it had a hidden door to the parking lot. We were not even told about this door which as we realized the next day was unlocked the whole time. Ended up cancelling our stay there, stayed only one night instead of the 3 originally intended and paid for! The clerk who checked us in was a sweet talker and told us if we don't like the room and decide to cancel we can simply cancel the next and find another hotel. But after we found another hotel, the staff made a big deal the next morning and gave us a hard time about cancelling

Not much!

Great hotel great staff!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The spa wasn't open for the two days we stayed when the Hours said 10-9 Monday to Sunday and I was looking forward to a spa day at the hotel with my mother in law.

Great hotel! Great staff! My kids loved the inside and outdoor pool! Room was wonderful! Just overall a amazing and family friendly hotel ! Will for sure come back again!

Clean, modern facility, friendly service , free parking, comfy rooms and close to metro
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only 2 comments I have about the room is that the key card did not consistently work for us. The other is that the beds had one heavy comforter over the bed sheet. It was too hot to use the comforter and with only the bed sheet, it could be slightly cold at night if the A/C is not set properly. They did have one lighter fleece blanket in the armoire that we used for one of our beds. I'm not too keen on having a comforter that is used as a bed cover as well given how dirty these covers can be (reversable). I would have preferred a fleece blanket in between the bed sheet and the comforter/cover. Otherwise, the beds were firm and comfortable.

We stayed 2 nights on August 27th and 28th with friends. We were greeted by a very friendly and talkative front desk staff named Marc. He gave my friend tips on where to dine and which sights we could reasonably see in 2 days. We each had a room with 2 double beds on the main level. Very clean rooms with modern bathroom decor and ample clothing storage and mini fridge and safe. Hotel restaurant prices were tad pricey for breakfast items. A large bowl of oatmeal was $12, but it was pretty good! Crepes and omelettes ranged from $12-15. I had a smoked salmon bagel for breakfast and was shocked at how big the portion was for $12. The toasted bagel came with 1 slab of cream cheese, 2 large and thick slices of smoked salmon, red onion rings, capers, lettuce and tomatoes. I could only eat 1 slice of the smoked salmon and 1/3 of the cream cheese and half the bagel. The other half went to hubby, and we had leftover cream cheese. Dinner choices were ok. Entrees were priced between $12-$25...you could also order a set menu ranging from $25-36 depending on what the main dish was. This included a beverage, main dish and dessert. We dined at St. Hubert one night and the hotel had a shuttle that drove us to the restaurant, which was about 10 blocks away. After dinner, we called the shuttle to pick us up. Lots of restaurants along the street where St. Hubert was but not within walking distance. You would need a car or use the hotel shuttle service. Our hotel was near the Biodome, about a 15 minute walk from the hotel. There's also a movie theatre next to the Biodome. The Metro was also really close, which we hopped on to go down to Old Montreal for the rest of the day. It was about a 20 minute subway ride to/fro.

Great spot. I would stay again but not for that price.
    • Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds

The price was hugely expensive. There is no way it was worth that much. I believe there was an event in town but I was still surprised.

The rooms were comfortable. The internet was fantastic!

Great price and great hotel!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nice, clean hotel with free parking and swimming pools for kids. Easy to drive to. Location was far from Old Port, Mount Royal, Notre Dame, ect., but super close (like a five minute walk) to Biodome, Botanical Gardens and Insectarium and also the old 1976 Olympic Stadium.

Great place to stay close to everything
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds were a little too hard go my liking.

The hotel was exceptionally clean! the facilities were great,(gym and pools) Free onsite parking was a bonus!!

I enjoy the facility
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast I would have prefer buffet for that money !

Room size was perfect ,bathroom very good , the little fridge was not defrost close to Metro to get down town , and the hotel sutle bus to take us to the station and to the Olympic stadium was a bonus , I would recommend it for the money I pay it was worth it !

Overall a great stay while vacationing in Montreal. Thank you!
    • Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds

I'd suggest access to tea/coffee somewhere near the main lobby. I've been to hotels where there's a shelf situated in an area where you can go and get coffee/tea for free :) I think most travelers would love this! Free lemon water could be set up at the table by the elevator... the little things that cost little make it a nicer stay..

The staff was friendly and the rooms were very clean and comfortable! The family enjoyed the sauna and pools. The free parking, wi-fi and close by tourist attractions was definitely A+. The souvenir shop items were priced right compared to shopping in the city. Overall the price was suitable for the services provided at this hotel.

Clean rooms, and very accommodating!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

They provided a free shuttle for around the hotel and it was an amazing place to stay. We got passes for the Metro which was also easy to commute by and it came often! Just a heads up though, there is a bus to take you from the airport to the metro where you would pay 13$ instead of 50$ like we did on the way in! They also let us check-in early when our flight was early, at no extra cost!

Had a good stay, thanks to the bartender - Pablo.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff could have been better. Only had one friendly person, the bartender. Restaurant was OK, but food could be much better.

Room was big enough for a group of friends to stay comfortably. Very clean.

I enjoy Montreal but the hotel sucked
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

-20 min walk to food -Loud -downstairs look like jail -View of the parking lot in are room -Maid never changed the sheets only give new soap and picks up towels off the floor and hangs them up -the gym everything was broken and old -Didn't get the view I was promised

It was close to the Olympic stadium and the soccer stadium.

The beds were very comfortable and the shower had good water...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We arrived late and the only room left was on the lower level/first floor. The room was dimly lit and smelled of mildew. The room needs updating.

The beds were very comfortable and the shower had good water pressure. It is across from a beautiful park and the Olympic/soccer venue,

Good Location for Biodome and family friendly.
    • Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds

We found the food to be just ok. There is only one restaurant and not alot of places close by for food other than the restaurant.

We liked the convenience of being close to the Biodome. We found our room to be well maintained and comfortable. We found the staff to be very helpful and accomodating. Gave us plenty of direction on how to find the attractions close by.

Browse Hotel Universel Montréal traveller photo gallery