Reviews of Bond Place Hotel 3 stars

#77 of 133 hotels in Toronto

4.3

Staff were friendly and helpful
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Group of young men having loud party on my floor all through one night. They left the corridor in a mess and were extremely inconsiderate. This spoilt my stay. With no bottled water or minibar in room, it would be helpful to be able to buy some downstairs if needed (e.g. vending machine).

Staff were friendly and helpful

Enjoyed my stay, good middle-ground location, comfortable and cozy rooms.
    • Standard Twin Room

Having to pay for Wifi, which I didn't do. This should be complimentary at this point.

Bed was comfortable. Location was good - a good middle-point between downtown and some sites uptown. The room was on the smallish side, but since it was just me, that wasn't an issue.

The proximity to the large nearby mall was nice, and there...
    • Premium Queen Room

I understand it is the city, but it would be nice if the folks asking for money wouldn't be right by the door to the building.

The proximity to the large nearby mall was nice, and there were good restaurants within walking distance. The building is old, but our room nicely updated and very clean. We did get back to our hotel before it got late, and would recommend traveling with someone else, especially if out at night.

The rooms were clean, the property is centrally located and...
    • Premium Queen Room

The hotel should be in position to provide free WiFi to its customers. Not being flexible on their checking out time may limit the customer's options.

The rooms were clean, the property is centrally located and also close to the public transport system which made it easy for me to maneuver my way around.

It was a great experience. Looking to be back soon.
    • Standard Twin Room

Air conditioning unit is near the beds that when its on the blow of air is not comfortable.

Hotel location is accessible to subway station. Very near to restaurants and shopping malls. Room are clean and very comfy beds.

Overall, it was okay for the price.
    • Standard Twin Room

The room was clean but very small. The tub was high with no handrails so could be challenging and raised some safety issues. We had to repeatedly ask for more towels and coffee. It was not the most convenient location as it was further than anticipated from the convention center. We were given free wi-fi as there were issues checking in and we had to wait quite a while (due to some other guest issues) but staff was excellent.

New lesson at day one.
    • Standard Twin Room

The parking was not included in the booking and gave me a bad experience as i was a new arrival to the area. I got my car towed. Rooms are very very very small. You cannot flip on the bed as you might find yourself o. The ground.

Price was ok and the location was fine. Staff were nice and very helpful especially the checkout staff. They made my day better.

Location is good.. but if you are looking for a nice hotel in the city. This place is not it.
    • Standard Twin Room

It’s an old apartment building that they have made into a hotel.. the rooms are extremely small. The picture on the site make the place look amazing but it really isn’t

Location was the the only good thing about this place.

Uncomfortable and expensive
    • Standard Twin Room

Room very small and cramped with little space for clothes or luggage very cheap looking furniture Paid for breakfast deal but really basic and inflexible unless paid more very. Poor breakfast Very expensive for what one got

Bathroom good size and very acceptable Good shower

Location for Yonge Dundas area is ideal.
    • Deluxe Queen/Twin Room

Place if way overpriced for what you get. $10 a day for internet, what a rip off. Hallways tiny noisy and staff knocking on door at 10am to clean room when do not disturb sign on door.

Location for Yonge Dundas area is ideal.

The location of the hotel is great, close to many tourist...
    • Premium Queen Room

My room respectively my bed had bed bugs so my arms and legs were covered in bed bugs bites.

The location of the hotel is great, close to many tourist attractions.

Not worth the money.
    • Standard Twin Room

It was too expensive, the first room we had was tiny and the two single beds were close together. It was very cramped. The pictures on the website were deceiving. We had to upgrade at a cost. The second room we received was bigger, however, the one bed was at an angle where you couldn't see the t.v. And the bed that didn't have a view to the t.v. It looked like it recently had the T.V removed from the wall since the wires and T.V wall mount was sticking out. There was no complimentary breakfast which was also deceiving because the website stated there would be. During the booking of the room, one of the questions we received was whether we needed a shuttle service from the airport, however, there was not one provided. The location is just east on Yonge which starts the sketchy area of downtown. Not recommended for children or older folk.

It was clean and the staff was prompt and helpful.

Great location, decent hotel
    • Deluxe Double/Twin Room

Breakfast was a little disappointing... it was served, but the waitress seemed uninterested and neither bacon nor eggs were cooked as requested. I also get very annoyed at paying extra for WiFi when the price of the room is over $300 per night.

The room my sister and I had an interesting configuration-great for a family -- a double bed in its own alcove and 2 twin beds. The beds were comfy and the front staff were relatively quick with the check-in procedure.

The beds were extremely comfortable.
    • Standard Twin Room

The hotel is close to Dundas Square, and there are a lot of homeless people and drug affected in that area. Little nervous when walking to and from the hotel. The hotel has security of a night, and very sound proof. The rooms are a little cramped but adequate. Please please please, kettles for people who don't drink coffee would be awesome. We were not told about the renovations directly opposite our room.

The beds were extremely comfortable. The cleaner delightful and helpful. The associated restaurant very nice, friendly staff. Excellent laundry service. Excellent assistance with organising transport. Immediate response to blown fuse. Close walking to all shops, Eaton Square and hop on hop off bus, 100 metres. Long walk to entertainment district.

• Premium Queen Room

They couldn’t find my name upon check in even if I had called in advance and they’d confirmed my booking. They eventually booked my room with the wrong name and I had to point that out.

Location Allowed guests

Great!
    • Premium Queen Room

Walls are a bit thin, had a room right in front of the elevator. Our shower had a squeaky faucet you had to toggle with for it to stop. Bathroom is pretty open. The bathroom door is a sliding door that's not really closed, and the shower doesn't have its own door. From inside the bathroom, I could talk to someone laying on the bed and hear them perfectly fine lmao. Fortunately, I stayed with my husband, so it's not a big problem, just a FYI if you stay with someone you're not close with. All of these are nitpicks.

Great location. Helpful staff despite being so busy. Nice city view. The TVs have screen share which is cool.

room was very clean and staffs were friendly.
    • Deluxe Queen Double Room

window not entirely sound proof. can hear noise outside at night.

room was very clean and staffs were friendly. convenient location. easy access to subway.

Very good
    • Standard Twin Room

My wife & I think there should be dispensers outside for cigarette butts instead of having to put them out on the ground. It would look a lot cleaner around there!

Great place! Rooms are small but cozy! Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful!

Not going back... ever.
    • Premium Queen Room

Price Processed a charge to my credit card without my authorization and contrary to the booking conditions. Not happy! Only one of three elevators working at check out and that broke down while on board. Front desk response to call from elevator was patronizing. They asked us to walk down several floors with heavy bags.

The young man at the front desk did a great job when dealing with several very unhappy guests; including me.

Liked how it was down town, and how close it was to our...
    • Room Selected at Check-In

No place to show where to park for checking in there is a pay parking across the street but no real signs that say “Bond Place check in “ or points towards the underground parking

Liked how it was down town, and how close it was to our venue we needed and the pub across the street highly recommend. It may look like a hole in the wall but really good good everything made fresh daily.

A perfect place to lay your head while exploring the city
    • Standard Twin Room

Minor repairs needed to be made: Some of the bulbs were burnt out in the room, the bathroom door always rolled open. Minor improvements that could be made: a floor length mirror somewhere in the room, a second garbage can outside of the bathroom.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were as big as you would expect in a big city. The lay out was really good with the desk and the view. It was good to have two separate beds when traveling with a friend. I had requested a higher floor because I wanted a good view of the city and was pleased when my request was fulfilled.

Great location with comfy beds
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Check in process took a long time and there were 3 parties ahead of us but only 1 person to serve us all

The beds were extremely comfy, the location was excellent for downtown Toronto

Good location, but the hotel itself is not worth the price
    • Premium Queen Room

The rooms are tiny, WiFi costs extra, the bathrooms have little privacy (there's always a gap in the door), and we requested queen sized beds but got full sized

The location is pretty good

location as near Dundas Square, near hop on hop off bus stop...
    • Premium Queen Room

No free WIFI, need to pay $10 p/day ( Opt out ). When on, Air conditioning vent under window not adjustable to tilt away from your face when sleeping.

location as near Dundas Square, near hop on hop off bus stop and Eaton Shopping Centre

Lower cost, clean with a great location for downtown activities.
    • Standard Twin Room

Nothing. It met all my needs.

The property is great for lower cost business travel: i.e. attending a conference at another location. Few amenities-but not needed if on business or as a tourist. It is a clean, safe and well located one block from the major Dundas & Yonge St intersection. Recently renovated in an IKEA sort of style.

Was a good location for Eaton centre, transit and restaurants.
    • Standard Twin Room

Wasn't offered any add ons like breakfast, was going to be charged for wifi when most hotels include wifi.

Location and although it was a small room for the price it was comfortable and I felt safe as a single traveler.

I will not stay there again
    • Premium Queen Room

Towels were small & worn, Wi Fi was an extra $10.00 charge which I was not prepared to pay for 10-15 min of use. The lights in the room were so dim I could not read the paper. The TV channel I watch for a while keep going off. I stayed there for a week in 2013, and it was fine the price was much better and staff very pleasant, room was bright, towels were large and fluffy.

Adequate, not high end, and somewhat over priced considering what I could of got for $200 more
    • Premium Queen Room

Little small Two out of three elevators didn’t work for a while Ice machine broke on 15th floor Extremely loud neighbours in next room Hear through walls Paper cups Plastic glasses Bed was ok but not good Not enough towels or pillows Requested more they forgot???? Asked restaurant for two paper cups they said “No” hence they lost a 40$ breakfast sale for next three days very poor vision of customer service

Location No carpet in room

Location is excellent.
    • Premium Queen Room

Lifts were broken / not working properly causing delays getting to and from room. It's in the centre of the city so always street noise and light. The room had blackout blinds but these didn't cover the whole window.

Location is excellent. Room was clean and comfortable.

Staff was excellent, very accommodating.
    • Standard Twin Room

A better explanation of the parking garage and the daily rate.

Staff was excellent, very accommodating. I booked the first night on booking.com and wanted to stay another night. I received a discount and was able to stay in the same room. It was a great experience for my 15 year old son to see downtown Toronto!

Served the purpose, a room to come back to at the end of the day.
    • Standard Twin Room

Rooms are extra small, the beds uncomfortable, the pillow (only one per bed) is without a doubt the worst I have ever encountered in any hotel (pretty much a tissue with a pillow cover). Sliding door on the bathroom does not even close completely for privacy. For the price of a room, no breakfast is included, which is standard in almost all hotels I book now.

Central to most things, ie: Yonge/Dundas, dome, St Michael's Hosp, Hall of fame, etc. Hotel appears to have been updated recently, including the rooms.

Tired and frustrated.
    • Deluxe Queen/Twin Room

Got the boot to another hotel without any notification. Was a nicer hotel except for the party next door to us that kept us from sleeping. What we hated most was they told us it was a couple blocks away and ended up being a 25 min walk to Eaton Centre instead of 5. Took a cab so cost us more money. Have yet to get a receipt for hotel night from anyone which I really need for my Northern Ontario Health grant application. Doubt I would ever book a hotel this way again. Beware.

Didn’t get to stay where we booked.

Nightmare
    • Premium Queen Room

Room smelled like paint. Hotel was in a bad area. Pictures on site (of hotel) were deceiving. Local police officer told me he did more drug busts there than any other part of town and I should leave, did not feel safe.

Great place to stay downtown at a reasonable cost!
    • Deluxe Queen Double Room

The only thing is in the bathroom: the way the sink is installed, water gets behind the sink. I accidentally splashed water behind the sink, I tried to clean it but the gap is too narrow and I could see that there was a lot of gunk and moisture behind it.

The rooms were really nice, well kept and clean, roomy enough for 2 adults and 2 kids, kids had their own tv! The floor was quiet, didn't hear any noise! Parking was secured and nearby.

Awesome location, light on privacy.
    • Deluxe Double/Twin Room

I didn't like the paper-thin walls. Me and my 3 teenage girls were forced to listen to the impressively loud marathonesque and energetic bed acrobatics happening in the next room. Also, if you need bathroom privacy, this isn't the place for you. The bathroom door is a top sliding door that doesn't lock and doesn't properly even close. The gap left by the door when it's closed leaves enough room for a hand holding a toothbrush and toothpaste to slide through.so if you're travelling with out of town guests that you're not that close to, as I was, it can get very intimate very quickly and not for lack of trying to be discrete. There was also the slight inconvenience of the shower tap having come loose from the wall and being jiggly. It looks like they'd tried to caulk it back in place, clearly unsuccessfully.

I loved the location. Walking distance to the eaton centre and the subway, very convenient. Parking was kitty corner from the hotel and easy to access. It was $25/night, covered parking.

It’s ok for a night but will pay more next time the higher class hotels don’t tolerate the crap yet.
    • Deluxe Queen/Twin Room

The college kids take over on the weekend and it becomes a party hotel. Kids kept complaining about smell. Hard to explain to them as people smoke weed everywhere around the area 24/7. I know it may become legal but I don’t want my kids involved.

Location and family room was good. Very comfy beds.

We were given a different room when the partying on our...
    • Deluxe Double/Twin Room

Cold draft from windows. Fan didn't work in bathroom. Coffee maker didn't work. Fridge froze everything.Too much noise from partying, in rooms and hallway, doors slamming,screaming, etc.

We were given a different room when the partying on our floor was too loud. Heat worked. Staff friendly and helpful. Great location. Good price.

disappointing hotel stay with a good location
    • Premium Queen Room

internet always down oe slow. no attention to detail left without toilet papee. staff hassle when extendi g stat. restaurant is horrible poor quality poor meals and service

Very good stay

It would have been nice if it was located a bit closer to the CN Tower and entertainment district, but actually it turned out to be a nice walk and it was close to Eaton Mall, so in the end not so bad either.

Based on some comments I thought we hadn't booked a good hotel, but everything was better than expected. We could easily park right in front of the hotel (although there weren't many spaces left), beds/room were good and we could enjoy free wifi because they were working on it. Since we read breakfast wasn't worth the money, we had breakfast at Sunset Grill (recommended by the hotel staff).

Perfect for my purposes. Clean, comfortable, pleasant.
    • Premium Queen Room

Just very convenient to downtown business without the ridiculous parking fees (only $25), very quick/efficient check in and pleasant comfortable surroundings

The hotel service is so so. We will not come back again.
    • Premium Queen Room

Some Indian looked like staff are not polite. No smile on their faces. Poor internet connection, disconnected all the time. Always forgot bringing the bottled water. Booking.com said the breakfast is available but eventually it comes to pay CAN$24 per person.

It was fine
    • Premium Queen Room

The parking was across the street in an underground and no option for valet. The restaurant was terrible that's attached to it. Food was bad and the staff argued with each other my entire meal.

Accessible and fairly standard.

Never again
    • Standard Twin Room

Bathroom door no privacy sliding door like a garage door The shower water is drippling no pressure at all Bathroom vent not working Bed is a disaster I get up with back pain for few hours No parking

Very cozy, well appointed space with everything you need for a night's stay close to the area.
    • Premium Queen Room

Too few pillows bc of few options to sit so you need more on the bed...maybe a two more regular pillows and one decorative one in the theme of the room...or with a message on it...like Welcome...or not...all was really good.

Location was great. Extra needed pillows were received...decore was very good for the space...nice window span plank if wood for desk. TV very nice as was bathroom. Bed was acceptable...once more pillows arrived. I am a mature guest 50 yrs + so room felt like a university dorm...comfy chair was the desk chair but it worked beside bed as it flexed so you could put you feet up on bed. No room for company but cozy and clean and well done!

A great place to stay in Toronto!

The room didn’t have a safe.

The hotel is in a fantastic location in Toronto, 30 seconds from Eaton Mall, the subway and a huge variety of restaurants and bars. The room was spacious, confortable and clean and staff were lovely and very helpful.

Great expereince and location!
    • Premium Queen Room

The renovations were so new I guess some TV's had yet to be transitioned. We wanted to purchase a movie for the night and were unable to do so. Staff however were very friendly throughout process.

The bed was comfy and although the room is small it's functional.

Great location for seeing Toronto
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The rooms are fairly compact which isn’t ideal with a baby but theyre still comfortable. They also don’t have kettles in the rooms which wasn’t ideal for making up bottles for the baby

This hotel is set in the perfect location to access Toronto’s attractions. It’s warm and comfy and the staff are really friendly and helpful

Bed were comfy, great location close to everything.
    • Standard Twin Room

lots of homeless people begging for money, I think there was an injection site close by.

Bed were comfy, great location close to everything. Restaurant had a nice breakfast, and the Imperial across the street had good chili.

Convenient, affordable, clean
    • Standard Twin Room

Beds are singles that's what I reserved on line however its been a lot of years since I slept in one they are narrow

Location is good. Staff are polite and very efficient, check in and out is quick. Hotel is clean. Bathroom was modern and clean. All good

Great location and rooms
    • Standard Twin Room

If I had to be picky I'd say the wifi was poor in my room but I barely used it anyway so no issues.

Good value and a nice place, convenient for subway.

Was everything I needed it to be.
    • Premium Queen Room

It is very easy to hear what is going on in the adjacent rooms. Whether it is snoring or a couple having an argument once they get home from the bar.

Location was ideal for my stay.

Really nice view, bed and bathroom.
    • Premium Queen Room

Be aware of the huge deposit you have to pay when arriving. Plus, they only took credit cards.

Really nice view, bed and bathroom. Friendly staff. Walking distance to many important spots in Toronto.

Great room. Elevator situation needs help
    • Standard Twin Room

The ELEVATORS were so frustrating! One was out of service. The other two were super busy during check out time.

Room was nice and comfy. Was happy to return to it every time.

The worst hotel of my life
    • Standard Twin Room

nothing, the cleaning was bad, the first day we found the beds dirty and covered with hair. we had to call the front desk. the last day I asked for the morning alarm to wake up early to go to the airport .... they forgot ... staff not competent. the last night at 3.00 am we were awakened by the din of drunken guys ... they continued for several minutes ... the non-existent security...

Nothing....

Great location and value for money in the heart of Down Town Toronto

Nil

Location.... location.... location.... location. Great location. A stone's throw away distance to Dunda's Younge subway station and Eaton Center. Walking distance (2 KM) to Union Station, CN Tower, Ontario Museum, China Town etc.

Its served my purpose for some quiet and relaxing time.
    • Standard Twin Room

Thermostate problems which impinged on my level of comfort (i.e. warmth).

Staff was very accommodating with requests and the room was clean and quiet. Thank you.

Stole my money.
    • Standard Twin Room

Paid $150 for security deposit I did not get back. This was a month ago and I’ve called at least ten times. Spoke to a variety of people at the front desk who said I should have gotten it back and left multiple messages for the accounts manager. I have bank statement proving it was never refunded. Every time I call they tell me a manager will get back to me and they never have. Literally stole my money. Will keep trying to get my security deposit back but either way will never stay there again.

Great experience and will stay again.
    • Deluxe Queen Double Room

Pillows were not great and one housekeeping woman didn't knock before letting herself into the room.

Location was superb, hotel was clean, quiet and very welcoming.

I won’t stay there again. I felt I wasn’t in a welcoming environment.
    • Deluxe Queen Double Room

The woman at the front desk was rude and curt! A miserable person all round. Not a good first impression! I had booked a room with TWO queen size beds, but she told me there was one queen and one double. I told her I booked 2 queens. She reply was “ well they’re almost the same size”. My impression of her is that she hates her job and doesn’t like dealing with people. Perhaps she was having a bad day. But her attitude ruined my Bond Place Hotel.

I liked the location and the modern rooms.

Below all standard comfort!
    • Premium Queen Room

The internet was the worsiest in my life. The room were heated by a AirConditioner, which led to a big noise or when switching off to a freezing room. Other then that, you also hear every noise out of the building. Rooms are extremely small.

great location, friendly staff, cool city...
    • Premium Queen Room

the wifi, but to be fair they had a sign at the front desk saying that they were working on upgrading it. scanning keys to get into the room was a little janky at times.

the view from my room was amazing, the staff was courteous and helpful. there were a lot of restaurants, bars, and stores within walking distance. the area around the hotel is well lit and relatively safe. there were plenty of uber drivers and taxis in that area. if you're coming from the airport it's a quick uber drive from the Union Station (if you take the UP express train from the airport).

Beds were very comfy, room very clean.
    • Standard Twin Room

The view A lot of noise from the hall - I think there was a party going on

Beds were very comfy, room very clean. It was a pretty small room, but it had everything that we needed (except a view :(

Great value for money. Excellent staff. Superb location. Awesome foodie places around.
    • Premium Queen Room

Strangely the wifi was not free. Even the paid one wasn't working in the room, apparently due to some re-cabling that was going on. For internet we had to come to the lobby. Cleanliness was not as perfect as we had expected, but they obliged to rectify if we highlighted anything.

The staff was extra courteous and helpful. Could accommodate almost everything that we had asked. The coffee in the room was better than most other hotels.

• Premium Queen Room

Pleasant staff, helpful, and polite.
    • Premium Queen Room

Corridors dreary. In room coffee service not complete.

Cafe food was excellent. I had 2 meals there and both were worth the stay! Security after 6 PM.

Avoid this one, it is a crummy hotel with nothing in the vicinity except drunks and noise
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Place is a dump and rates more as a 1 star than a 3.5 star. We had two single beds in what seemed to be a college dorm room. The bath room door slides because there is no room for a door to actually open. Basically it was a $400 a night broom closet with small plastic glasses instead of glass ones. The lobby has a bunch of shifty characters handing around. The area is busy and non-stop truck noise and sirens and even with the windows closed you might have a better sleep in a local park. If it was $70 a night, it might be worth the suffering.

Decent at best
    • Premium Queen Room

Hotel front desk will take a hold of $150 or $250, however, they run it through on your credit card as a POS. Unless the customer recognizes the double charge, and calls, they will never know and will have paid twice. When you call, the hotel says it is the credit card company.

Great Location for those looking to explore Downtown Toronto
    • Standard Twin Room

No Free WiFi. At $10 a day per device for WiFi, we found this both overpriced and decided against it, simply finding WiFi in nearby bars and coffee shops/malls. Would have added up if we had internet on each day of the trip. Room was slightly dated, the area on the other side of Dundas Square isn't the greatest and is not very well lit.

Room was right in the heart of Toronto. Close to the Eaton Centre, Toronto 'Sign', Plenty of bars and food and the subway is a stones throw away. Easy to walk to from Union Station. Far cheaper than any other similar hotels in the area. A perfect place to rest in Toronto, would suit travellers more than people looking for a relaxing hotel break, definitely more of a place to lay your head. Can't fault the hotel for the money though.

Staff were very friendly and helpful and location was...
    • Premium Queen Room

You had to pay for wifi services and they say they offer hospital rate but it wasn't

Staff were very friendly and helpful and location was excellent

Great value improve your tv.
    • Premium Queen Room

No fitness room or television guide. Had a difficult time finding sports. The pay per view was too much money.

The room was very well laid out with an excellent view.

Excellent location, with a comfortable and well-equipped room.

See above.

The room was small, but clean and modern and well-equipped. My only complaint is that I asked reception if they had wine glasses and they said they did and would send them up, but didn’t. As it turned out, I didn’t need them, so no problem.

Great clean affordable hotel in Downtown Toronto
    • Premium Queen Room

It was very noisy all night outside even with it being a Wednesday night we are not from the city so that was quite a change we couldn't adapt to also parking was not included it was an additional $25 WiFi was not included as well which I think should be all inclusive while staying in any hotel

Very clean great value for the price especially being in the heart of Downtown Toronto

A fine stay. Everything great!
    • Premium Queen Room

-A mirror in the room. There was only one in the bathroom. -A simple chair/stool to sit on in the room might be a good idea.

Rooms small but well appointed.

Lower average
    • Standard Twin Room

The wify is completely useless, the walls are as thin as smoking paper so you better have a relaxed neighbour or you are going to be really pissed off.

The location is great and the personal is friendly.

It was OK as we were only looking for a simple overnight stay.
    • Deluxe Queen Double Room

If my room was renovated then it was a poor quality job all around. It didn't seem finished either. Room was small and oddly shaped but that's OK. However, one part of the room with the small bed did not have any lights, tv bracket left on wall with no tv.

Front desk staff was very friendly, helpful and professional.

Browse Bond Place Hotel traveller photo gallery