Reviews of Best Western Plus Travel Hotel Toronto Airport 3 stars

5503 Eglinton Avenue West, M9C 5K5 Toronto, Canada

#36 of 133 hotels in Toronto

Hotel and restaurant fine..shuttle concerns not addressed fully
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We have already done a survey twice for the stay on July 6th..everything was great except for the airport shuttle..driver fell asleep many times..very dangerous..we filled out the survey also told saurin from the front desk on our arrival july13..he had many excuses said he would look into it..said the driver was tired from his other job and that he had heard about this before! Disgusting..someone is going to get hurt!

Hotel clean restaurant clean room comfy

We enjoyed our stay. The hotel was comfy and clean. We got around quite well.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The food was okay by North American standards but being from Jamaica, we are used to a fare of ground provisions such as yam and bananas and rice for breakfast and dinner so we had to make do with the sandwiches, wraps and eggs which we are not used to.

The location was good. Quite near to the Mall and public transportation was accessible. Enough restaurants were not in walking distance though but the rooms were comfy and staff pleasant and friendly for the most part. One gentleman at the front desk was exceptional - he was very friendly, informative and accommodating - pity I didnt get his name. He made our stay worth it.

The services are professional, from the front desk to the...

The bed is too soft. I woke up so many times due the the pain on my back.

The services are professional, from the front desk to the housekeeping. Breakfast is very good. Location is good, easy access to restaurants. So close to airport that very convenient for catch up a early flight! Good value for the room.

Just about everything

The airport shuttle driver was not too friendly or helpful.we had to bring our suitcases all the way to the back of the van ourselves,the driver then with one hand is his pocket kind of threw them up and in on the way to the airport my husband saw the driver nod off six or seven times actually eyes fully closed,my husband was once just about going to shake him and the driver had to stop anyhow and kind of startled awake.Pretty dangerous stuff..we found this to be in startling contrast to the other aspects of the hotel and restaurant.

Just about everything

We would definetly stay here again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing to dislike but breakfast was just ok.

We were upgraded to a suite which was a lovely spacious room. The jacuzzi was a real bonus especially after a 10 hour journey. Bed was very comfortable..

Value for money

Our arrival was marred by the receptionist on ground, a lady called Am... She frustrated our efforts at check-in despite my explanations that my Visa Credit Card was funded & operational. The Hotel had placed a hold on the entire sum ($525) and she insisted I did not have enough money on the card so I should go and withdraw cash so I could drop cash of $725 ie. ($525 + $200 extra in addition to the $525 they had placed on hold =$1250). It took the intervention of her manager to let us in after they saw we were placing a call to Booking.Com to lodge the complaint. My judgement of the situation is that they either want to place a double hold on the entire sum or they had phobia for people of colour or they were actually ignorant. There was no apology for their misbehavior. The guys at the reception told us the laundry operates 24hours but when we wanted to wash @ 10pm they said we could not because the occupant of the room beside the laundry will be disturbed by the noise of the washing machine. Some of the staff of this hotel should undergo some customer service training.

Nice ambience, nice staff in the cafeteria, healthy breakfast but monotonous, comfortable beds,

Try the BW airport that is actually closer to the airport--and looked cleaner, too!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This hotel has a rather tired look and feel, especially the carpets in the room and the hallways. That gives it a rather grubby look. Although this hotel is called an Airport Hotel, it is further from the airport than I expected. (There is another BW Airport that is closer.) Be sure to check the distance. The shuttle is free which is a plus. However, the woman who was driving was unpleasant and unhelpful. She was very annoyed that I asked her for help to put my suitcase in the van. Despite the fact that she was standing right there beside me, she did not offer to help. When you are in transit and heading for a 24 hour flight, that kind of attitude is not good.

The shuttle was free, the breakfast was included and ok.

Since our stay at Toronto was short and we had to leave...

Nothing as such.

Since our stay at Toronto was short and we had to leave Toronto by flight only, its facility of airport shuttle was particularly convenient for us. Moreover, the staff members were courteous and helpful.

Love to come back to this property.

Just the location is a little far from public transit access.

It was a quiet and clean property with a very happy face of all staffs. The staffs of reception were very polite and nice And helped us very much . Nice and enough breakfast. Very clean rooms. Comfortable beds.

Reasonable!

The guy and the lady in the restaurant, not nice at all (Monday morning, May 22nd).

Breakfast was pretty good, except the staff in the restaurant not friendly at all. They should smile a little bit more maybe.

Nice place for airport stop
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

If you don't have your own vehicle you are stuck with little to no choice for shops and restaurants.

Staff were nice. Free shuttle to airport was helpful. It was clean. Included breakfast was filling.

Convenient, easy-to-use location close to the airport
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They should probably discontinue the spinach quiche. You could use them as hockey pucks!

Excellent location, great parking, well appointed room, helpful staff.

Own free parking, rarity in big cities.

We had due to storm electricity problem. Hotel is without generator and staff did not cope well with situation, no candles, no lanterns...

Own free parking, rarity in big cities..

Good hotel but disappointed with service.

I accompanied my friend and her son to the airport via shuttle at 7 o’clock. I asked the driver if I could be picked up on the hour and he told me that his shift was ending but just call the hotel and that they would send a shuttle for me. We gave him a generous tip. At 8:40 I called the hotel and requested a shuttle to pick me up and the receptionist told me that I had to wait until 10am. They would only pick me up when the shuttle would bring another client to the airport. I had to take a taxi back to the hotel at a cost of $50. I was very disappointed with that.

The rooms were big and very clean.

Stayed in 4 BW hotels during my trip to Ontario. This was the best of all...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Had a great dinner in the new restaurant facility as well as the complimentary breakfast in the morning. The room was super clean and the location of the hotel itself was in an area with little noise from Toronto airport. Great sleep...

Good place to crash if transiting through toronto

I requested the airport shuttle for 12. Due to a fire alarm test they didn’t depart until 1. Would have been nice to be informed is all.

Close and convenient for anyone travelling through Toronto Pearson. It’s clean, facilities were good, breakfast was good, staff were helpful with making changes. It’s a good choice for an airport hotel.

Read above

Wrong locationRead above

I was inconvenienced. I specifically asked the agent to book me at the facility at Dixie Rd but instead she booked me in the wrong location. Because of that I missed my sleep I missed my ride later that morning and more and more

Our shuttle drivers were very friendly and helpful.

Didn't see where on website the charge for parking for the week.

Our shuttle drivers were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast had lots of variety(more than expected). Used the exercise room and found the equipment easy to use.

Provided the necessities needed for a relaxing night.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not soundproof enough. Too much chlorine in pool, try salt for purification to cut down on chlorine. Bed was a little hard for a comfortable sleep.

Clean and comfortable. A nice gift awaited us. Very unexpected.

Good value for an airport hotel, very comfy bed

Transfer seemed to take a while from the airport, but was particularly quick on the way back the next morning.

Bed was incredibly comfy, we were just using as a hotel for an overnight stopover so fit our requirements. Due to the time of our flight, we missed breakfast but they provided snacks and juice instead.

4.5
    Teriable pillows
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Waiting a hour to get an answer at hotel because phone was busy and had to call another best western to have them call my hotel to arrange a pickup .. wait time 1 and half hours . Not good

Good airport hotel
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It is an older hotel, but very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The shuttle to and from the airport was efficient, so it worked very well for a one-night layover between flights.

Pleasant. I would definitely stay here another time.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I thought the restaurant was drab, lacked atmosphere; like an afterthought. The breakfast was ok. Fresh fruit salad would have been nice. Limited choices if one prefers not to eat breads, cereals and muffins.

My room was excellent though a TV guide would have been nice. The staff were courteous, helpful, very efficient. Registering and signing out was fast.

It was a very comfortable and pleasant stay in an otherwise long and exhausting trip.

They offered free breakdast in a big hall so people did not feel crowded. It was also super convenient having their free pickup and drop off to the airport, and they were prompt for the time of pickup and drop off. Staff were very friendly and professional.

Very comfortable, staff very friendly.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very comfortable, staff very friendly. A little disappointed the website still showed the Turkish restaurant as being open. I was looking forward to eating there. I would certainly come back .....great value. Thank You,

Fantastic personal who worked weekend, picked us up at the...

Fantastic personal who worked weekend, picked us up at the AirPort, Left us later on airport When we were going in to Toronto by train, pickt us up later again. The hotel has a perfekt location when flying again after one day. Five star to Tusaif and Rohan.

A good find for a night's stay to or from the airport.

Notta

What sets this property apart from it's similar competition is it's customer service...very impressive. Aside from having to wait about half an hour for the shuttle from the airport, the ride was comfortable and the driver was friendly (not always the case:) Upon arrival and not having eaten, the front desk staff did their best to find us something/someplace to eat (we arrived after 10 pm) and wound up giving us some fruit and granola bars. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was decent...a good selection and the area was very clean. The wake up call was on time and the shuttle back to the airport was on time and again very comfortable with a personable driver. The entire property was clean and tidy and the staff really seemed to care and go the extra mile. Very comfortable beds. Well done, we'll be back.

Close to the airport and easy access to the city center.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Although we requested the shuttle services when booking the first night, it seems this request was lost in the system when changing the booking to two nights due to a second change in flights. When insisting about not having received the service and paying $40 for a taxi to get there, the hotel finally agreed to apply a $15 credit on the hotel bill. Staff not as helpful as expected. Breakfast, ok but hotel should not advertise it too much when it starts only at 7am while they are close to an airport with travelers having to often leave the venue before that time. Maybe they offer something to go, did not have the chance to inquire.

Close to the airport and easy access to the city center.

Good enough stay. The staff were pleasant. Expensive option.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room and bed covers were too hot and I personally found the bed too soft. We had to use A/C while it was around -5 C outside. The room was situated across from laundry and loud staff conversation disturbed an attempt to sleep in. Complimentary coffee and tea should be available in the lobby. The early checkout take away snacks had very poor selection.

The hotel has a good location near airport with free shuttle, WiFi and breakfast. The whirlpool was a nice touch after a long travel day. Drivers and staff were courteous and personable, even recalling a previous stay as we were picked up at the airport.

Great choice of you have an early flight
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The crew was very good and ready to answer. The bedroom was clean and comfortable. The transfer to the airport was quick. Great croissants served at breakfast.

Don't rely on the shuttle service
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The transfer service is a joke. I was waiting at the airport calling 4 different numbers to pick me up. None of them was correct, which includes the one from the confirmation e-mail send by.. "Shuttle service Reservation Team 1". An employee on the other end was rude. Also, shuttle drives between the airport and the hotel every hour and picks up people, so you have to wait for a bit... The hotel is way too expensive for what it offers.

Check-in was ok.

I’d stay again.

The ed and pillows weren’t the most comfortable, but we’re ok.

While close to the airport it was far enough away that there was no noise. Good breakfast. There was a fridge and microwave in the room.

The free airport shuttle drove right by me after waiting an...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The free airport shuttle drove right by me after waiting an hour outside the airport and didn't come back so I took a $50 cab. Free room upgrade to apologize. The departing airport shuttles are only on the hour so I had to leave super early and miss the included breakfast.

Such a liars

I had to call the hotel 5 times before the ”Free” shuttle turned up. The staff lied straight to my face. No toilet brush. The cleaning lady tripped over a bucket of water in my room & wet everything down. Horrible coffee.

The bed was ok.

would not stay at this hotel again.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

lack of control over loud distruptive customers in hallway near office. not providing a wakeup call when we booked one so then we didn't have time for the breakfast(which was paid for when the room was booked online) and just about missed our flight.

proximity to airport

Beautiful room but horrible experience.

Within an hour of checking in a member of your staff walked into my room. It was very embarrassing and unprofessional and he persisted on coming in even though we said the room was occupied. I did not feel safe and was on edge the rest of our stay.

Pleasant stay despite booking.com reservation issue.

The booking.com reservation was not held for a late night check in and we had to wait for a cancellation to receive a room. We tried to check in a couple hours after the window we said we would.

Comfort

Good location but a few disappointments

Although it's said breakfast was included apparently we were up to early and had to pay for a coffee. Although staff on the check in were friendly the staff at check out not so much. Had a few questions to ask and I felt that it was a pain for them to answer.

Good rooms, clean so got what we needed

Wonderful hotel!!!

Firmer pillows. The pillows were very soft with no support.

Clean hotel!!! The staff was very helpful. Breakfast was great the kids enjoyed the waffles and the bed was comfortable.

Glad for shuttle pickup and friendly staff

Room too warm. I opened window. But main discomfort was pillows. Way too big/high - very hard to find a way to use pillow without hurting my neck

Staff friendly and helpful. Bed comfortable. Very easy airport access

The room was large with high ceilings, room was clean and...
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Bed was extremely uncomfortable. The female staff was rude and impolite when I asked for two wine glasses and the other accommodations I asked for considering it was my birthday were not met. (late check out).

The room was large with high ceilings, room was clean and the jacuzzi was clean and comfortable.

Staff was not very accomandating (night staff was very mean...

Staff was not very accomandating (night staff was very mean and not friendly) I called ahead two hours prior and was told we could pay with cash but keep a card on file just Incase but when we got there we couldn't and gave us a completely different story and made us pay with a card. Breakfast was awful was egg patties and not anything even that appetizing not any fresh fruit available. Was told on the site I'd get a jacuzzi suite and got there and was a plain old bath with a tub...

Truly delightful
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast started a little late as I had to leave for airport at 8.

Staff were friendly efficient. Rooms were super clean and modern. Gorgeous flooring. Shuttles on time. I was truly so impressed by this hotel and will always choose it when staying in this area.

We needed a car! We’ll know for next time!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

When we arrived at the airport we were unaware we had to call for the shuttle. We should have been told that prior to arrivi g. We waited at least 45 minutes before we called!!!

Clean, location was great, very friendly staff, breakfast...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Only bad thing that I can say is that I had made my reservation online and received a confirmation number but when I arrived there was no reservation in my name. They were able to a accommodate me with a room. What if they were booked up? What does the confirmation number mean? Anyway it all worked out but makes me a little unsure about booking the next stay.

Clean, location was great, very friendly staff, breakfast was good. good stay.

It was very quiet, clean and comfortable.

Nothing, we were there less than 7 hours.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating. They explained everything to us and when I called from the airport, the female staff person walked me by phone directly to the spot I needed to go to for pick up by the shuttle.

A lovely hotel tucked away from the fast pace of the 401 and very close to the airport
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Our bed was very squeaky and would like 1 large, king pillow rather than 2 small each if I had a choice

Everything, the breakfast provided was amazing and a wonderful surprise

Free airport shuttle and delicious complimentary breakfast were so great!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The free shuttle to and from the airport was so great! The complimentary breakfast was beyond delicious - so many options! Eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, bagels, waffles, pastries, hashbrowns, fruit, yogurt...

Good value

Friendly staff, close enough to airport, rooms nicely appointed. Had an early flight so left breakfast. They had some fruit, cereal bars, etc. on the counter as we we're leaving.

My partner and i would surelt use the hotel again.

A restaurant in hotel or close by.

Everything was fine it was our second time there but did not know as seniors we could get a discount. Breakfast was very good and staff very kind, rooms, beds no complains we are planning to go to Niagara Falls but wanted to go to their sister hotel there but they are not offering breakfast. There are no resturant close by if you are not driving.

It was not restful, we were exhausted before we started!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pillows were so big we both had neck aches and had to fly all day. We had very little sleep as the car alarms and horns went off all night. It was very noisy . Ask for a room at the back. We had only 2 options for supper as we did not bring our car.

Good size room

Good breaksfast, warm bed, on time for my flight.

I'm not super picky so it had everything I needed.

We needed the Best Western as a single night stop so that we could get to the airport. It was perfect for that. Free shuttle leaving every hour made it easy to catch our flight.

I would've been happier if I got the room I wanted
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

I booked the king suite with whirlpool through booking.ca and when I arrived they informed me that that room wasn't actually available even though I was able to book it. The room was double booked and they had to switch me to a regular room which upset me

The beds we're comfy and rooms were clean

transit stay

breakfast was tasteless

just booked for one day because of transiting for my next flight.. staff offered my late checkout with little fee.. also free promotion to suit

Staff was wonderful and very helpful.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was wonderful and very helpful. Went above and beyond answering all our questions and gave us many suggestion as we were traveling from out of the country.

Good enough
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Stair well rooms need better acoustic drywall. I could hear the first floor going to the second floor.

The shuttle actually takes the said time unlike the other Best Western airport hotel, they stop at two other hotels first and still ten you 10 to 15 min. It was 30. Maybe it was because they were going through renovations...

Everything about it was totally awesome!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Excellent location near airport. Non-smoking room was really excellent. Great breakfast, lots of variety, good food! Shuttle to airport was ready prior to requested time. A totally awesome experience!

A great place to stay during my transit in Toronto!

The hotel was close to the airport and easy to access via the hotel shuttle. Staff was friendly, and there was a good variety of food items for breakfast.

Great place to stay

We were just staying for the night then going to the airport. Airport shuttle was great. It vas very clean, very nice. The staff were very helpful. I would definitely stay there again.

could have been much better!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't get a wake up call AT ALL!!!!!! They were supposed to call me 1/2 hour before the shuttle.....I completely missed the shuttle. The guy at front desk called a cab for me and gave driver some $ to get me to the airport. That part was appreciated. I barely made my flight. Moral of the story never trust them to give you a wake up call. The heater in the room made a lot of noise...eventually I fell asleep.

it was clean and they gave had nice hair dryer & hair conditioner.

stayed 3 nights in total, good experience overall.

Public transportation from the airport to hotel is difficult when the shuttle is not available. The UP train to downtown is fast and inexpensive , particularly for seniors but the hotel will not offer shuttle service if it does not involve drop off or pick up from a flight. In other words if you are staying multiple days the shuttle service is not available unless they are going to the airport for others, The base rate for a taxi is $35 to the hotel from the airport and about $23 to the Square One Mall,

Breakfast.

Good stay. Will return.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Needed credit card to check in but most hotels are like this. We told them we will pay with debit when we checkout yet they charged our credit card. Had to refund the credit charge and pay again.

Very good complimentary breakfast. Hotel wasn't crowded. Check in was quick and easy. Room was clean.

Very good breakfast!

No cots at the hotel, I travelled with 4 other girls, and we didn't want 2 rooms for $200 each, that's just crazy, but then they didn't wanna let the 5th person stay in a room with 2 queen beds. Finally they did allow it, but have no cots. I've stayed in many hotels over the years and it's never been a problem to have 4 in a room with 2 queen beds and move a cot in for #5...

Very good breakfast! And friendly kitchen staff

We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Although the hotel was close to the airport, the area was very quiet. We didn't hear any planes during our stay. The breakfast room was surprisingly pretty, and the breakfast selections of hot and cold items were above average for a continental breakfast. There is a gas station right beside the hotel, which can be helpful if you need to return a rental car. Parking at the hotel was very easy (and free!). One little perk that we didn't need to use was a small "library" of books you could borrow and read during your stay. There aren't a lot of restaurants in the immediate area, so you would have to walk for a while, drive, or take a taxi.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I just missed the breakfast for the second time

I can pay debit coz I booked through Booking.com using visa debit but I have s hard time with it but they accepted debit payments which is really good for me

A very comfortable hotel, perfect stopover when you are travelling around. Easy for airport.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

At our first stay the was no maple syrup for the waffles. I wrote this on the comment card and at our second visit to the hotel, there WERE maple syrup. Also I loved the little laundrette for the guests. For the first time ever, I’ve come back home from holiday without a load of laundry to do.

This was an excellent hotel.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This was an excellent hotel. Close to the airport and yet still quiet. The room was neat and clean. The breakfast had everything we liked and thought it was one of our best breakfast buffets.

An excellent hotel, a short drive to the nearest subway station.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

This was a very nice hotel. An extra plus was the little laundrette for guests. It is such a nice touch when you have been “on the road”, so to speak for a week beforehand. In little over an hour your clothes are washed and dried. The breakfast buffet was excellent too.

Great place near the airport!

But to go to downtown Toronto you have to take a bus, then subway and it takes around an hour. Unless you rent a car. The driver of the van wasn't helpfull.

Great room! The staff in the front desk was really friendly, we arrived at 10 pm on tuesday. The hotel is really close to the airport so to go from and to the airport location is very good. The hotel has a van that takes you to and from the airport.

good place to stay before the night to take flight either using a car or shuttle bus.

not specially

Very close to the international airport, no noise of airplane. Room was excellent and neat. Staffs were friendly. Large shopping mall is 10km away and small shopping areas around.

Not again

Restaurant lousy. One of the worst dinners I have ever had Took guests and was totally embarrassed Breakfast okay but was not up to cosy of Tarif

Felt accomodation ok Staff and front desk good.

The hotel is close to the airport and free shuttle service. Great place to stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We thought there was a bus stop beside the hotel but due to construction a few bus stops were closed. We walked about six blocks to catch a bus along Eglington Ave. which took us straight to some family that we were visiting. Closure of the bus stops was not the hotels fault.

We liked that there was free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel. The rooms were clean and spacious. There was coffee or tea in the room. Also a microwave and a fridge. Full breakfast was served from 6:30 - 10. There was everything anyone would need from dry cereal, muffins, hot eggs, sausages, French toast, yogurt and you could have made waffles. Also some fresh fruit like oranges, apples and bananas. Rooms were very quiet even though the hotel was full for the six nights that we were there.

Not interested in staying there again. Not worth the money.
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The price was way more than the value.

The pictures gives you a false image. No pool very tiny. A restaurant was next to the property but it closed at 10pm not to mention it was a weekend, & gas station was next to the restaurant, but not a real selection and extremely over priced. I guess I expected more for paying very close to $441. It was not worth it.

Good place to stay between flights. Reasonable pricing. I'd go there again.

Have to phone for shuttle and wait 15=20 min. for it. Hotel is 15=20 min. from airport. No food nearby late at night except gas station mini shop, where they sell beverages but no milk. Restaurant next door for daytime food but I didn't go there.

Pleasant and quiet for a stopover between flights. Free shuttle with helpful drivers.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was great, there wasn't anything much that I would change. Everything was clean and seemed well cared for, kudos.

The rooms were super comfortable and clean. Loved having access to free Wifi. The hotel was close to the airport which was why we chose it as we had a second flight to get home the next morning. Great value! Thanks