Reviews of Baymont inn & Suites by Wyndham Montreal Airport 3 stars

6755 Chemin de la Cote-de-Liesse, Ville Saint Laurent, QC H4T 1E5 Montréal, Canada

#126 of 134 hotels in Montréal

5.7

5.5

6.1

Opposite of nice
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was charged 3 times of my bill. All under the name of Baymont and the staff don’t even have idea that the 2 charges are all fraudulent and I got suspicious that I called my card provider to cancel my card.

Staff a little helpful

NOT Recommend!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No AC in lobby or hallways No Elevators Terrible wifi connection You need to bring your own things (shampoo, conditioner) and don't forget tooth paste and tooth brush !!!!!! Breakfast was BAD (only few things croissant, cheap muffins and butter with bread and that's it... coffee ☕️ was cheap only milk available) and there was NO AC in the breakfast area 😬. Very old property needs to be renovated!! Most rooms have NO windows 😣 Please think twice before booking!!

Location close to highway But surrounded by factors 🤦🏼‍♀️

I guess you get what you pay for!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

If you wanted to eat you had to order takeaway food from over the road. The Bar was closed. There was no plug for the bath - solution, given with a smile 'well stick the face cloth in the plug hole'. It did work! Breakfast was not inspiring - dry, cold croissant and mediocre coffee. You could also make toast. 15 minutes drive from the airport, 10 minutes returning to the airport. (Make sure you have actually got a seat booked in order to return to the airport.)

The bed was very comfortable. One member of staff was helpful. Plenty of space in the bedroom.

The staff are pleasant and helpful.

It’s a sad dilapidated facility. Needs a lot of improvement on a lot of areas. The dining facility with “free” breakfast was the saddest ever! They did not even have the tables and chairs set out. Styrofoam plates and cups with mushy and half baked muffins!

The staff are pleasant and helpful. A bed to crash. That’s all that place it is.

Uncomfortable

Very dirty.

The hotel is almost run down, very dirty. Apparently Wyndham just bought the property and it’s undergoing renovation. But they should close the hotel while they’re renovating it.

not so bad, i enjoyed my stay, and be so near YUL

not find a caffetiere in my room, i´m used to in other hotels, signals to get the hotel were difficult to guide my taxi,

croassants ok, and coffee, muffins i enjoyed´em to start the day, , shuttle services fine, keep my baggage before go to airport permited me walk around the place

Good water pressure in the shower
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This property is very out dated the A/C unit in the room was very noisy and about 100yrs old. The coffee maker hadn’t been cleaned

Good water pressure in the shower The staff were very pleasant and helpful

Very basic hotel but conveniently located near Montreal airport.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Poor room. My room was furnished in the 70's. Slow internet connection. Probably cheapest hotel near the airport, but not good value for the money.

Conveniently located near the Montreal airport. Good shuttle service.

Fair at best.

The phones didn't work. They were supposed to knock on the door to awake me. Never occurred. The A/C didn't work. Breakfast was fair at best.

Close to airport and they had a shuttle.

Not great
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The fact that we got in from Ottawa with my 7 yr old who had game first think in am. And at 2an music was blasting above us, called desk and nothing was done. This went on for two hours. Great for myself and child... I brought up in am and was told someone would get back to me, and nothing. Unacceptable. Also I had to report broken lamp that smoked when turned on. A fire hazard for us and the building!!!

Hats off to new Management. They have done great job to lift the standards.

Friendly staff, very accommodating. We had everything we needed for our stay. I was so happy to see neat and clean bed linens.Great for someone who is all about healthy eating. I had to leave early for my flight so staff served me early breakfast. Homely feel all in all. Would be great for long stays.New management is working hard to raise the standards.

You get what you pay for

No windows to see outside. Can't control the temperature of the room and have to ask the front desk. No fridge or telephone in the room I stayed.

The staff is very friendly and nice. The price is reasonable. You can easily change rooms without any hassle.

Don't rely on the clock-radio.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This is the old Econolodge which has just changed hands. I can understand that the new owners have just had time to clean rather than renovate, but it would be very easy to add a bowl of fruit and some yogurts to the continental breakfast buffet. Also, wake-up calls are not available, and the clock-radio in my room didn't go off; fortunately, I had set the alarm on my phone as a back-up. Check that your clock-radio actually works before you set it.

Extremely pleasant young lady on reception when I arrived in the early hours of the morning. The shuttle arrived at the airport at the same time as the other hotel shuttles. Coffee maker in the bedroom for people who have to leave before the breakfast buffet opens at 6:30.

It was just ok

I didn’t like my initial conversation with receptionist who came across very rude.

I enjoyed the customer service experience by evening staff and night staff.

Stayed out of necessity and affordability.

The bathtub was disgusting. The room was hot. The bed was hard. The breakfast was crappy. Hated the vending machine with snacks, razors, Tampax, pads etc. Gross!!

The room was clean. The price was affordable.

Not to bad.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Quit a bit of noise outside my door , no restaurant near and they had no milk for the cereals in the morning and did not bring any.

The room and the price was good.

Disappointed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We cant make outside calls, we cannot call the front desk or the operator from our room, the phine and coffee maker dont work. No toothbrush and toothpaste provided. No swimmiing pool and gym

the free breakfast

Would not have stayed at this hotel even with half price.

Keys of rooms did not work. No pillows. One room was changed from king size bed to queen without any discount or explanation. Cafeteria was dirty and was only bread and jam.

not upscale but clean and comfy. exactly wa

The coffeee in the room was horrible

The shuttle service was great. Polite drivers and on time. The staff were cordial. The facility needs to be updated especially the front of it. Overall it was a good stay for our overnight stay .

Disgusting, would not recommend this hotel to anyone
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I seriously suggest removing this hotel from your choices in Montreal "Econo Lodge" they have no restaurant in the building, there rooms are disgusting, the mattress box spring had stains, the pillow cases also had stains. There was no working phone in any of the rooms (receptionist lady confirmed later) There was no alarm clocks in the room. Mattresses were extremely old and squeaky. In the bathroom there was no plug for the bathtub.

The continental breakfast was decent The airport shuttle was very handy

Worst hptel ever.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Worst hotel. Had a horrible smell once in the room went to use the bathroom and the toilet had not been flushed!!! And it was a number 2 in the toilet. Utterly disgusting!!!

Nothing at all.

If you need a bed to place your head for an economical price ... this would work.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms and building are “dated.” No elevator if you have heavy/multiple bags. Breakfast was very basic - coffee, juice, cereal and toast. Hallways and common areas needed cleaning (cigarette butts and garbage on stairs and in hallways).

Airport shuttle is convenient. If you need a place to sleep between flights this is good value for money. The basics are there. The reception staff were friendly, polite and helpful.

Good for a 1 or 2 night stay.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Little to no parking. Snow wasn't cleaned, making it difficult to park when a space did clear. Our room had a unit that was missing a shelf... presumably what held the fridge and microwave which we did not have.

Super close to the airport! Staff was very friendly.

Glad I was only there for 11 hours
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Lineup at checkin, decor and furnishings were in need of updating, dresser had no drawers. Room phone didn’t work, wall receptacles missing covers, no counter in bathroom, no spare blanket, smelled funny

Staff worked hard but there were too few of them

Satisfactory.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Almost no amenities in the area of the hotel (within 20-30 minutes walking distance), so if you are not driving, may be something to keep in mind. Numerous restaurants do food delivery here though. Also, they didn’t have a fitted sheet on the bed and the flat sheet that was on the bed kept shifting. Just a minor annoyance.

Met our expectations as we needed an affordable room near the airport for one night. Was clean and sufficient. Staff were helpful. Wifi was good.

I should’ve followed other people’s review and not chosen here.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Tv didn’t work. No wifi during the whole stay. No heater but only thin blanket for a person in ice cold February. Water in toilet and bathtub not drained well.

Airport shuttle was convenient.

There was no one present when I got there and no way to get...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

There was no one present when I got there and no way to get anyone's attention at the front desk. The television in my room did not work. It felt as if no one worked there and thus the service was not great.

A place to sleep
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Non Smoking room smelled of cigarette smoke. Perhaps because I was too close to a exterior door and other visitors were smoking at the exterior doors.

Close to where I do business

Pricing was alright, just parking concerns.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast room was freezing cold and I had to take food back to my room. Hall ways were also very cold there was no heat. Desk staff were wearing winter coats and toques to keep warm. Not good Good working conditions for the employees. Parking was prime due to snow and overnight airport parking

Continental Breakfast was good. My room was a good size and warm.

Disappointed to say the least.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The tv did not work ,after several mentions no one did anything? Also the heater had only one setting and blew hot air all night,was like a sauna trying to sleep?did not sleep well.

The shuttle in the morning.

The room is spacious, the bed is comfy and huge, the staff...

The only source of food (apart from ordering something) was a vending machine which wasn't working properly (chips literally got stuck all three times I bought them, but reception called a guy who got them out for me). Plus, the machine was half empty. There's no restaurants or shops close by. Also, because there's a big window front, people can peep into your room easily, especially on the first floor.

The room is spacious, the bed is comfy and huge, the staff is very helpful and friendly, and the airport shuttle is great. The breakfast wasn't great, but okay enough.

My stay was alright
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Person who stay in my room before me left dirty clothes in bed table drawer cleaner didn't check. Bathroom was not really clean, floor was sticky.

Price was right

Comfortable and affordable
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The heating fan kept going on and off. Not enough variety at breakfast... no fruit and no person keeping it tidy from time to time.

Clean and comfortable room

The convenience to the airport.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The television didn't work without the assistance of the cleaning staff.

The convenience to the airport. The shuttle service was excellent. We missed breakfast because we had to leave at 0600. The TV was a challenge to operate but we don't need a TV.

ok only

the shuttle came after calling 3 times,, we were told every time, the shuttle will be there in 10 min,.but we waited for more than one hour, awful smell of cigarettes in the room.

the room was clean,

Great location for a quick stop.

Breakfast was reasonable

A convenient location near business' and shops. Comfortable and Clean, great location for a quick stop. The staff is very welcoming and helpful.

it was ok but daughter had a rough nite

exrtra blankets it was only 6 pm

we asked for extra blanket.we were with daughter/son. He was in Montreal for important job recruitment our daughter is disabled,we were going to make a comfy place on floor.when we got there we were told no blankets available.extra stuff closed for night.. Very disappointing

it was ok but daughter had a rough nite

exrtra blankets it was only 6 pm

If you are planning to stay for just one night it's okay. Not for 2 or more.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The parking is absolutely absord, they need more breakfast options and updated rooms.

The breakfast was only bread and cearal that was not very fresh. The beds were not comfortable at all. They were rather noisy.

Horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take this place off of the Booking .com list!!!!!!!!!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The breakfast room was a mess.....garbage overflowing...no one there to ask for something...very sparse choice of food. UGH!!!!

Nothing--it was dirty. We asked for extra pillows--they said they had none .We asked for a blanket to roll up as a pillow--never got it. That goodness we only had to stay there two nights!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My room was no heat, the staff promised to supply the...

My room was no heat, the staff promised to supply the portable heater if not they will change me to the other room but they did not do what they promise.

Awful.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Would never stay here again or recommend it. It is terribly run down, taps falling off, curtains falling down, surfaces dirty everywhere, stains on pillowcases. Enough said.

Location close to wedding venue and airport.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Difficult time finding address using gps, different address on booking.com than one given by hotel. No A/C or refrigerator.

Location close to wedding venue and airport.

Address was confusing, our daughter could not get GPS to get our address to pick us up.

Ask if there was a place in wAlking distant to get a meal or something to eat, was told no. To find the next morning IKEA was just down the street. Stayed in this little room all evening with little to eat or do.

Unpleasant.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The evening staff were surly/disinterested. The curtains were hanging off their hooks in our room. The carpets were stained and worn. The bed and pillows were lumpy.We cancelled our return visit.

The washing machine. The bath in our room.It was a big room.

I can't describe it as a pleasant stay.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

1. We stayed in the same room for 12~13 nights, but we had to re-activate the room key everyday. It's inconvenient especially when we brought back the stuff after shopping. 2. The toilet flushing system was not working properly. It tended to get stuck several times, and seriously stuck once causing flooding. However it was not properly cleaned afterward (We ended up cleaning it ourselves).

The wifi signal is strong as compared to many other hotels and motels.

not happy ,,bad experience,,,
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

clean ,,changed the bed sheet all the time,, map the floor,, dusting

Nothing really ,,our room had smell ,,not good,,,it look like dirty ,, we ask the receotionest,, she says the cleaner is gone,,I have very bad experience there,, we stay in room 103 ,,Aug,25,26,27,,I lost my Cell phone there,,I knew I drop it in the coach outside,, I knew because my husband take a picture before we go,, and just found out that i lost we are already in downtown ,,when we came back I ask the receptionist she say nobody found it ,,even the cleaner,,I missed my phone its a Samsong Galaxy 5 Black,,I missed all my pictures there,,its very bad experience for me,,not happy,,

No elevator and we had heavy luggage.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

No elevator and we had heavy luggage. Breakfast was very poor and area was not clean. Small bug on the pillow. Bed was very uncomfortable. No windows to open in the room, we couldn't get any fresh air. Air-conditioner not working in the room, with no buttons to manage it.

Never ever going here again
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

My room looked nothing like the photos they had posted here, The floors were gross they looked like they never seen a vacuum. My bathroom. oh boy. Mold was growing, had a strong musky odor, Barely any got water. If I wanted hot water I would have to run the sink for s good 15min just for it to be warm not even not. The location sucked. The only place that was in walking distance to go get something to eat was subway. my whole room smelt awful. Never again will I stay there. The whole time I was there it wasn't quiet someone was always slamming doors and walls at like 3am. Someone was running up and down the hallway and things were always being slammed.

I liked nothing about it.

Great location for early morning flights and free shuttle service a great feature
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Great location for early morning flights. The free shuttle is a big plus. Shuttle is available whatever time you ask for. Clean rooms and you can order food from many places nearby.

The hotel was adequate and we found the free shuttle bus a plus.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The person on reception when we arrived was not very welcoming and was not a good first impression for us.

Accessibility from the airport good. Good breakfast.

Short and sweet
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Location...very difficult to get in and out....lots of new construction which made it even more difficult ...most of all the Motel has two address ??????

Croissants were a little stale......room. Lean and comfortable...bAthroom recently renovated...

Only recommended for $100 two week parking.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Worn, staff indifferent, not near. YUL although van was available every 30 min. Example, no toilet paper fixture in bath, loose roll on toilet. BReakfast, poor.

Rooms adequate. Extended parking reasonable

It is good
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Remote place and sign board does not have light. If you enter premise from the parking lot. You see the big board on the road, however their is no building at all. The building is at other dead end and their is no glowing sign on the building to indicate premise. It took me 20 minutes to find the premise. My suggestion is to put big sign on top of the building.

Friendly Staff..

The beds were very uncomfortable, woke up with a sore back,...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The beds were very uncomfortable, woke up with a sore back, the beds squeeked every time you made a sudden movement, it was absolutely not worth the money spent. It says breakfast included but breakfast is only open for 2 and a half hours when it would normally be open longer than that.

Poor, never EconoLodge again. Value of price is not comparable.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room did not look anything like the pictures. Hotel was a bit on the unclean side and carpets were stained. We had stained blankets and sheets on the bed.

Not much.

It was bad experience and will avoid going again.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Beds were very uncomfortable. Rooms were just OK with old carpet and not clean. Location is not great too - especially many flies in parking lot area. Booking.com confirmed rooms however no booking was on our name when we reach hotel. Eventually we were given room at same price but took time to make new reservation. We did not had any choice too.

Nothing to like at this place.

The receptionist was very rude.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The receptionist was very rude. We had lots of baggages and we had to bring them in ourselves, plus the room smelled like cigarette. Not satisfied at all, terrible customer service, will not recommend this so called hotel.

Air conditioner ran poorly.

Air conditioner ran poorly. could not get the coffee maker to work, the hotel does not provide wake up calls. no close by foods, was advised menues for restaurants that deliver would be in room, there was no food information in the room The air port shuttle was effecient on both my stays

The worst hotel we've ever stayed at; dirty, musty, disgusting, poor service.

The Room was stuffy, no windows, the Bathroom was dirty, there were stains on the toilet and tub, the mirror looked like someone splashed feces on it. The room was tidy but, we actually bought water shoes to walk around in as the carpet was disgusting. The linen had a musty smell, the bed was hard and uncomfortable. The breakfast was a joke...you got bread/toast, 2 choices of dry cereal and muffins (that everyone touched over and again) there was no selection of decaf coffee or decaf tea just regular stale coffee. And the breakfast area was not cleaned or kept up. It was the worse hotel we've ever stayed at, will never return, will tell others to stay away!

It was not at all a pleasant experience
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

No elevator to transport luggage Telephone didn't work No info pamphlet or any other info in room Bedside clock not working Long wait with many interruptions during signing in

Economical stopover for the airport.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very difficult to locate the hotel in the dark from the main highway despite the enormous sign, I couldn't find the building - best approached from the road behind. Overall property is somewhat tired & dated.

Economical stopover for the airport. Room was spacious, good quality linens, bathroom was clean.

great and convenient for a stopover
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

IT WAS great as a stopover and the shuttle service is good. Polite and helpful people. The breakfast is basic but it is "free" so that is fine

My husband & I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room was fairly clean, new flooring, some new paint. One chair had a broken leg, the luggage holder was totally broken. The bathroom was not good at all, bathtub/shower floor was rusted through, the sink didn't hold water, totally not fit for use. The complimentary breakfast was very skimpy. Some of the staff gave us the impression that they were really not interested in their jobs.

Not Much!!!!

My stay here was terrible!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel was very old, dirty and dingy looking. Ac was blasted so it was very cold so we couldn't sleep. The night receptionist was rude. The bed smelled bad, i don't think they changed the bedding... I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!

Beds uncomfortable and bed bugs in other bed!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Beds uncomfortable and bed bugs in other bed!! The front desk staff did not seem concerned at all and her response was "Ew did you want to change rooms?" Um yes!!

It had an easy access through highways, with clean rooms and...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

though there were plenty of sport for free parking, it looked like it was shared with several other buildings which made it hard to find a spot, the internet speed was not satisfying, and the breakfast was very limited in terms of options (only Cereal and croissant with toasts) and the juices were terrible

It had an easy access through highways, with clean rooms and helpful staff.

It didn't feel clean.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

It didn't feel clean. The walls were very dirty (little blood spot on the wall). The beds are very uncomfortable. No room thermostats. The shuttle to the airport was 15 min late. If they could not make the time we asked, they should have told us, we would have requested an earlier shuttle.

The bed and shower are nice.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The 1st room they sent us to had not been cleaned (rehung wet bath towels and the shower had soap from previous occupants) and smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. The second room that they gave us was already occupied and the third room was still lacking in cleanliness (tons of hair in the bathroom). The kid running the front was not very helpful nor apologetic.

The bed and shower are nice.

It was clean and beautiful outside and inside
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was until 9:30 AM and when we went there at 9:00 most of the things finished already and when I talk to the receptionist she said we don't have anymore food so most of the guest were unable to breakfast

It was clean and beautiful outside and inside

Room was spacious and clean, quite comfortable
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Had to call for shuttle, but had to call several times, no answer, had to keep calling every few minutes for about half an hour till someone answered the phone. One of the staff was very nice and helpful, the other not so much. On checkout, we did not have issues however observed one of the front desk staff get quite frustrated at another customer because they couldn't speak english or french. Lots of noise in the hotel throughout the night as well.

Room was spacious and clean, quite comfortable

Price

Location was hard to find .... first night the room smelled and had no A.C. however they did provide us with a better room on the second night of our stay... didn't have much for breakfast and seats were limited with staff eating at some of the tables

Price

Very Disappointing.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

It should either be much cheaper or they should drastically improve the quality of the rooms, beds, lobby, hallways and basically everything else. It is in very poor shape and very overpriced for the quality of the facility. The staff were nice but I had a very tough time booking the shuttle to the airport the next morning. I told them 4 times that I needed a ride at 5 AM. I showed up in the lobby at 455 and nothing was booked. Luckily, another guest had successfully been understood by the staff and had booked it for the same time.

The airport shuttle driver was nice.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Wouldn't stay there again. Would pay slighty more and stay somewhere more comfortable.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Old Hotel, Room was smelly, probably because of the ancient carpets. Very old and run down. Needs to be renovated. In the middle of an industrial estate. Nowhere close by to eat of drink

It was close to the airport. Bed linen was clean

Just need you to improve on the reception and advice to be more cooperative to guests i

The reception. But the drivers from and to the hotels were friendly. I booked two rooms on 16/05/17 & 17/05 17 . My flat. was 21:00 . As I just wanted to extend and stay up 1800 .

I stayed for one nite and when I went to the reception early next day to extend my stay they told me its full. When I looked in the booking.com I found that they had empty rooms , so I booked . I also found the reception were a bit rude and not helpful at all . Both ladies . They need some training on how to be social and know which malls to direct the guest to.

Browse Baymont inn & Suites by Wyndham Montreal Airport traveller photo gallery