Reviews of Abercorn Inn Vancouver Airport 3 stars

9260 Bridgeport Road, V6X 1S1 Richmond, Canada

#12 of 24 hotels in Richmond

Nose clip required.

The room smelled so bad. I asked the nice lady that was cleaning some rooms on the same floor if she had something that could at least mask the smell and she sprayed so deodorant on the carpet. She said that "so.etimes my house smells like that too". The smell was still there and I went out for dinner and left the air conditioner on max. When came back, the smell was still there so I went to the store and bought some deodorant and sprayed the entire room. During the night, all i heard was doors banging and kids running back and forth upstairs. Bad night of sleep. I never write a bad review but this time, it was just a bad experience. And definetly an expensive one. I will definetly travel further to another hotel if nothing available close by. By the way, we had two rooms, one on the second floor and the other on the third and my coworker that stayed on the third floor had similar issues and suggested not to stay there again either. I hope that they at least take care of the smell. I know its an older building but no reason for the smell.

Parking was easy and location was good. Front desk employees were nice. I also have to thank the lady that at least tried to get rid of the smell.

Not so romantic stay
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The service staff were apalling. It was our wedding night and the clerk treated us like riff raff. Very disappointing

Comfortable bed and room. Breakfast was better than expected

I used to be a frequent guest, but this was definitely my last visit.

The breakfast was horrible, although there was a reasonable variety and quantity if you like packaged food. But I hate paying over $200 for a room and then eating off a paper plate with plastic forks, knives and spoons (which, incidentally cannot be recycled!), and drinking morning tea from a paper cup. I used to stay here for business travel and the breakfasts and meals were awesome. Now the Abercorn caters to international tour groups who are in a hurry. Definitely a huge downgrade.

The bed was very comfortable and I appreciated being able to bring my puppy. The staff were helpful. The hotel was clean and the towels were plentiful.

Room was totally ok.

16hrs check in time? Never had any hotel with a that late check in and this is definitely an issue. Hotel should change that by all means! Price is outrageous too, but this is Vancouver.

Room was totally ok. Helpful staff. Good shuttle service. Reasonably close to train. Overall a hotel that is recommendable.

The close location to the airport and the free shuttle bus
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I booked through Booking.com, paid and received confirmation. But when I arrived at 11pm after a 12-hour flight I was told my reservation had been cancelled. The hotel charges an additional $100 as deposit, which was not included in the Booking.com reservation. So they cancelled the reservation and did not tell me. They found a room for me after a lot of paperwork and running around, but it was a lot of hassle and extremely unprofessional. Why had nobody contacted me and told me I had no reservation?

The close location to the airport and the free shuttle bus

Every staff member the 3 of us encountered in our 2 night stay had a smile on their face. Awesome!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The pipe from the wall the shower head was affixed to was misaligned way too far to your right when facing it thus causing you to have to scrunch over against the bathtub/shower wall to be able to rinse off. Tried adjusting the shower head to the left but it was immovable. The shower head also had a large leak in one of its connecting joints that needed to be fixed. First time I turned it on it sprayed water up at ceiling as well as over the shower curtain onto the bathroom counter startling me. Had to give it a good crank with my hand to tighten it up together. Seemed to be missing a simple rubber gasket in the joint.

The beds were really comfortable as well as the pillows!

Close to night market

Not enough wash clothes for our group of four and no extra toilet paper... beds were comfy, room was clean and close to the night market which is why we picked it

An ignored jewel

This is an older motel but kept up nicely. We had a small bug problem but the front desk immediately took care of the issue.

The staff was 100% courteous, kind, helpful & friendly. The room was cleaned quickly. The beds were surprisingly comfy. I felt very well cared for & safe. The outdoors is lovingly maintained with gorgeous flowers & established privacy hedges.

Awful
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Not clean. Large ball of black curly hairs in soapdish next to basin. Maid must have removed them from drain and left them in dish. The bar was closed on my arrival at 9pm, due to ‘renovation’ which there was no sign of at breakfast held in the bar area. The restaurant that used to be there, Bobby G’s, closed when Best Western took over this establishment about 3-4 years ago. Still no restaurant in this vacant space. The front desk suggests you eat at the Chinese Restaurant next door, which I have tried and do not like. The Abercorn Inn is now back to its old name but is now no longer bw but the owners are now Chinese. I paid $259 for this room, with taxes total was $301. I will not stay here again. I told them what I have said above, but all I got was ‘sorry’. I should get a refund.

Near to airportwith platform beds. I have asthma and most beds are full of dirt and dust underneath,so I need platform beds.

good breakfast, good location near airport

none

near the airport, good for travellers were just disembark from airport at night. good choices of breakfast - both cold and hot continental food. fruits /yoghurt available. comfortable and clean room.

Great value on location and room.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The AC unit was a bit on the loud side.

The standard rooms were very spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable. Staff was very friendly and even pointed out coffee and pastries were still available even though I was checking out before breakfast time.

The breakfast was ok

Room was hot and we had to one em the window, and the noise outside prevented us from sleeping. The price is too high for what it is. There was hair on the floor of the bathroom

The breakfast was ok

Stayed 2 nights and it was in a great pot for an airport hotel.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Just a bit old and dated. Found it a bit pricy for what it was. Nowhere to walk unless you want to head to Costco.

Old and dated, but great spot for an overnighter before heading for an early flight.

Not a good value for money considering the overall comfort of the hotel with the noise level.

Room was very noisy. I was given the 1st floor room, I could hear the traffic noise from the road and also the noise from the neighbors. I couldn't sleep comfortably because of that.

Very good and helpful staff. Breakfast was nice. Not bad location.

Excellent! Perfect for a stop-over in Vancouver.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Shame there's no bar for a quick drink and snack. There's a Chinese restaurant, but otherwise no eating possibilities without a walk along a busy and in places rather dark main road.

Staff very helpful and friendly. Excellent, free airport shuttle bus. Room was spacious and comfortable. I like the building both inside and out. It's 'different' and more interesting than the usual airport hotel.

The transportation and location were great!
    • Standard Queen Room

The check in could have been more efficient--had to wait quite a while perhaps I was a little touchy about this but we had been in airports and on airplanes for 14 hours and were quite tired.

The breakfast was very good. I liked the idea that there were no carpets in the room--much cleaner.

Very satisfying.

It would be nice to have an on site restaurant. The breakfast buffet is excellent! The shuttle driver is a very helpful friendly person.

Helpful friendly staff.

good value accommodation with shuttle service for overnight airport transit

On arrival receptionist was and remained on phone discussing internal "paperwork" problem while I was kept waiting to be attended to, after over 36 hour journey. Neither of two receptionists I inquired of had the simple tourist information I needed.

The staff were friendly and helpful.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel is an older hotel. The hallways could use some refurbishing

The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good and met our needs

Comfortable and convenient. Look forward to returning there!

Old building. Air conditioner was rather noisy. The hotel has a Chinese restaurant but no bar so we had to walk ca. 10 min. to get a drink or other snacks.

Excellent free shuttle service to & from airport. Easy walking distance to Sky train station. Room was well equipped and staff were helpful and friendly. Interesting building with character. Made a pleasant change to normal airport hotels. Easy on-line check-in using hotel business center.

Good location for connection to Bridgeport and to airport

As one other reviewer mentioned, "full breakfast is an illusion for early travellers" Perhaps room rate could be adjusted for early travellers unable to enjoy the 'full breakfast'.

Proximity to airport

Would be happy to stay again if they FIX the aircon. and double glaze the windows...

Breakfast was not available until 6.30 am - for an airport hotel this is very poor service. A sweet pastry and pot of coffee was available from 3 am to 6.30 am. No tea. The air conditioner (on heating cycle) went on and off constantly and made a terrible racket all night and disturbed our sleep. It was a cold night and heating was required... The room was a bit noisy - due to traffic on the roads adjacent the windows. We had a 3rd floor room. We did enjoy the hotel but it was such a shame that sleep was not to be had in this nice "olde worlde" establishment... and it is after all SLEEP that is the first priority...

Very Friendly and helpful Staff, very comfortable beds and linen. Room spotless. Pod Coffee available. Bathroom well equipped. The Shanghai Chinese restaurant nearby was very good. Huge portions and freshly prepared Well located for airport connections and the shuttle bus, with helpful driver, was on time and free.

very satisfied

Hotel is dated, but clean and good value.

prompt, free airport shuttle, 24 hours. Good breakfast and free continental breakfast if you leave prior to 6AM. Well trained and helpful staff. We would stay here again.

awesome

Our visit was excellent. Front desk was great. Room was clean and nice, The breakfast was awesome and the servers and greeters in restaurant were friendly and helpful and kept all the food hot and full. We have stayed several times and would recommend this property to anyone who wants an overall great stay.

Would stay again.

It was a non smoking room, but it did smell like cigarettes when we first walked in. Maybe the carpets need changing?

Great location for a one night stay. Staff very friendly & breakfast was good value for the money.

All around friendly staff, comfortable room and great breakfast.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

My only complaint would be the loud air conditioner.

Most welcoming and friendly greeting every time we entered the hotel. Always a smile and a hello. Room was a nice size, and very clean. Shuttle was on time, as was our wake up call and shuttle driver was very friendly. The free breakfast was of a good variety and lots of space to sit down. I didn’t have high expectations from this hotel because the price was quite low compared to others in the area, but I was wrong. Very good value and good service.

exellent would stay there again when in Vancouver

Staff where friendly and helpful the shuttle ran every half hour and even though we left to early for a proper breakfast they had pastries out that we could take with us

Stayed 1 night in order to make our connection to an...

Stayed 1 night in order to make our connection to an overseas flight. A free shuttle bus to and from the airport and a nice breakfast included in the price.

Accomodating and comfortable... :)

For the value of the hotel (I paid $115 for the night) I can't honestly say one thing....I will be back! :)

They accommodated me when changing the type of room I needed when arriving at 9:30 pm. :) The front desk girl was very nice. I booked it through booking.com...got free travel to/from the airport with the hotel shuttle. The best part was the full breakfast they served downstairs....had everything - eggs, bacon/sausages, toast, waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt....I told them it was the best included breaky anywhere! :)

I will stay there again
    • Standard Queen Room

Restaurant is totally chinese, not everyone taste. Would have like to be able to get a sandwich. Also the name of the hotel on the shuttle is so small you can't see it in the dark, so I missed it and had to wait for the next one. The pick up for shuttles at YVR is really chaotic, may be you can pass it on...

Proximity to airport is great

Great value for your money.

Friendly, clean, economical, great location - perfect base for our girls trip. Nothing fancy but super friendly staff to get us going for the day and welcoming us back from our adventures.

A very nice hotel and very convenient to the airport.
    • Standard Queen Room

The room was a little dark and when we first arrived, it was very cold. The heater worked efficiently so we were comfortable for the stay.

We were comfortable and had plenty of space in the room. The breakfast buffet was very pleasant and tasty.

Horrible!
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

We did not have a good sleep. The room was cold so we turned on the heat. The fan was very loud but worse, each time the heat kicked in, you'd think someone fired a cannon. It was so loud, it wakes you up and we'd bolt out of bed. This went on all night.

It was close enough to the airport that friends of ours can pick us up and drive us.

Shuttle bus to airport, breakfast is good.

Front and back of the hotel are the main road, very noisy at night

Shuttle bus to airport, breakfast is good. Costco opposite the hotel, ten minutes walk to train station, Casino also besides station. Outlet one one stop

An economical stay for an early morning flight.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The front desk never explained what facilities were available or not available in the hotel. In the a.m. I found out that they had a pub in the hotel that we could of stopped and had a drink at before supper.

This property was very comfortable for an overnight stay for an early morning flight. It is near the airport so you will hear planes taking off occasionally. Our check in went smoothly and our room was clean, the bed great with lots of pillows. There is a Chinese restaurant attached to the hotel ,otherwise it is a couple of blocks to the Moxie resturant down the street at the larger hotel chain. The 6:00 a.m. free shuttle was on time. It was a very good price .

It was cheap.

The shuttle is not available 24 hours. Since our flight got in after 12:45am we had to take a taxi to the hotel. Also we almost didn't get a shuttle back to the airport in the morning because we did not book in advance. Maybe everyone else knows you need to do this - but I did not (was not communicated to me by the property when I indicated I would be requiring a shuttle when booking through booking.com). Hot breakfast does not start until 6:30. The only reason we were able to utilize the shuttle and breakfast in the morning was because our flight ended up being delayed an hour and we were notified in advance. These are minor issues that almost screwed the entire reason I picked this hotel.

It was cheap. We just needed a hotel for the night by the airport since we flew in to YVR late and flew out early the next morning. Booked this specifically because there was breakfast and a shuttle advertised.

It was an all-round comfortable experience from the shuttle...
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

No negatives. It is not a modern facility but its quaint and excellent value for money

It was an all-round comfortable experience from the shuttle to and from the airport, the comfort of the room and the quality of the breakfast

Good value

Comfortable beds,good breakfast,close to skytrain/bus station so easy access on bus from BC ferry terminal (620 bus)and free shuttle to the airport (YVR).Across road from Costco for dinner😏

It's a comfortable airport hotel that has good airport...

It's a comfortable airport hotel that has good airport access via a shuttle that runs every 30 minutes most of the day. The breakfast bar is ok. Scambled eggs, bacon, sausage and all the usual cereal/toast options....as anticipated. As a hotel where you need quick access to the airport, this a good option.

not very convenient.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No restaurant on site for evening meals. Will only stay once more because I have a reservation. I don't want to take a taxi away for meals. Will stay next time at locations with restaurants.

Had to move from first room. No heat. Second room Ok heater worked

You get what you pay for...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hot air exchange was very busy and loud. Every 30 min the device would turn on and rumble, clunk away. Yes it worked and kept the room warm but it woke me up throughout the night. Older plumbing, pipes would squeal when water turned on in other rooms.

Location was good for access to skytrain and airport. Price was right for a basic older hotel. Bed was comfy.

Convenient and safe for traveling solo

I waited for an hour for the airport shuttle, and later realized I missed the first bus that came. Because the shuttle bus takes people from both Abercorn inn and Hampton inn, I didn't notice the sign for Abercorn when the first bus came.

Room was spacious and clean. Good location, convenient for taking the bus and sky train. Decent breakfast. Check-out time is at 12pm.

Close to the airport.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No shopping in immediate vicinity.

Close to the airport. Shuttles run every half hour. Three blocks from skytrain. Comfortable beds. Staff accommodated our early arrival. A good breakfast was available from 6-10am.

It was nice place to stay, went out for a walk and the smell of urine was overwhelming in some areas
    • Standard Queen Room

Took a shower in the evening, warm water was the best it could do. But my wife took one in the morning and had plenty of hot water.

Breakfast was very good Bed was comfortable Room was clean and surprising quite being so close to the elevator.

A beautiful spot but no amenities.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There is no restaurant or bar. We were hungry and had to get a taxi to a restaurant. Having already flown that day and using a cane, I found that extremely hard. For a Best Western Plus I expected more amenities.

Comfort

Our stay was affordable and comfortable and staff were...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were dismayed to see disposable dishes and cutlery in the dining room for breakfast, and hope that efforts can be made to be reduce the trash output - if disposable items must be used in some cases, compostables are only a help if they are put into the compost separate from plastic!

Our stay was affordable and comfortable and staff were friendly.

I’ll come back

Wifi was not working in the room. Onsite restaurant is expensive and food was disappointing. Shanghai style Chinese

Excellent airport overnight stay. Friendly efficient staff

Great staff, good location, soundproofing needs improvement
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Room noise from next room guests was annoying, sound proofing with adjoining doors is a problem, lady next door could be heard with ease, every sentence, tough to get to sleep, fan noise from in room heater is loud, room 301

Regina, front desk member when we arrived was courteous, helpful and allowed us a later check out as well as luggage storage for our next nite flight. The breakfast was well stocked and staff were attentive, shuttle service was on time and pleasant. Regina and nitetime shuttle driver recommended both public transit access for trains and local on site Asian restaurant that was excellent. Costco across the street

Great transit hotel - will stay again

The heater was not turned on in the room. It was freezing when I checked-in. Pre-heating would be appreciated. It took a while to get the chill out.

Pleasing to the eye. I was given a spacious double room. Bathroom was spacious too. Shuttle bus service was on time and excellent. A decent cooked breakfast of bacon and sausages, although the eggs could be less dry.

Perfect for an overnight stay before an early flight.

The facility overall is looking a bit tired and dated. (although that’s likely why the price is so good)

The price and proximity to the airport are hard to beat.

Disappointed
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Stayed here several times in past and really liked it but this hotel going downhill. Beginning to look and feel shabby. Restaurant closed. Bar closed. Was going to leave the car there while away for four days but no shuttle running for my 1 am return flight so used park n fly. Will not be staying there again.

Parking was really easy. Front desk helpful

Location is good for flight connection and the airport...

Old facilities and bath tub need to be clean.

Location is good for flight connection and the airport shuttle is very helpful. Breakfast was good! Staff are friendly.

No longer going to be part of our travel plans.
    • Standard Queen Room

This has been our stopover before early morning flights out of YVR. It is no longer a Best Western so our perks were not relevant. Despite booking in advance we were given the room right by the elevator, which was changed with a bit of debate at the front desk. The bathroom had no bath mat so the floor got wet and slippery. The faucet was strangely designed to produce either ice cold or scalding hot water. When we arrived there was a large crowd of non-English speaking people smoking where they should not be, and not stepping aside to let us through the door. The pub is gone. There are no nearby restaurants, and we chose not to eat at the Chinese restaurant attached to the hotel.

Served its purpose for a one night stay prior to morning flight out.

Carpets & room decoration were tired. Room was noisy due to road traffic. Breakfast choice was limited. Airport shuttle transfer was called back to hotel after setting off, just to be told no further pick ups for the next hour, & then waited for 5 minutes at next hotel for no apparent reason.

Convenient location for airport & reasonable value for money. Staff were helpful.

The breakfast is decent.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were staying in RM111 and there are some spider webs at the corner of the room :/ There is no water pot provided to boil water. We tried to pour water into the coffee machine but we found a leakage under it.

The breakfast is decent. Love the waffle and sausages. The heater is warm enough to sleep.

Delightfully furnished "Scottish-theme" hotel with cheerful clientele.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing much really. A good 10 minute walk to the only alternative restaurant--but we needed the exercise.

The room was quite, even though one can see the highway. The bed was spacious and comfortable, slept exceptionally well. The breakfast offerings were varied and excellent.

The hotel seems to be moving to accommodate tour groups.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The pub is gone, so no place to go for an evening drink.

Room was large compared to a standard hotel An important consideration was the closeness to airport

Great place to spend a night fighting flight delays

The room could have been bigger, but for our purposes we didn't need it to be. It would have been great if there were bathrobes in the room to use, especially since we were stuck traveling an extra day and short on clean clothes. Haha, sigh.

I wish we had a reason to stay at this cute, quaint-feeling hotel for longer! As it was, due to flight cancellation shenanigans, we ended up in Vancouver needing a hotel for one night, so I picked something relatively cheap with an airport shuttle and free breakfast. I actually didn't have much of an expectation for the hotel so I was pleasantly surprised (in my travel-induced stupor) at how comfortable and easy it was. Essential toiletries were available in the room, but they had extras in at the front desk, so we called for an extra toothbrush. Check-in was fast, easy, and super friendly. Airport shuttle was quite convenient.

We were thankful for a warm, safe, clean, place to stay.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing to comment

Great staff! Generous, professional and kind. The Hotel is older with updates. Just not what we expected, did not match the pictures in the online advertising. It is no longer a Best Western Hotel which was advertised. It was a good stay but we would probably look at another property next time. We would not discourage people from going to this hotel, it was just not the best for us.

close to YVR

I've stayed at the Abercorn many times over the years but I'm thinking the old lady is really starting to show her age. A bit worn in many places. Needs a re-do.

very convenient to YVR

Easy access to airport
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very old property- need to upgrade rooms a little Very old and non functioning window locks and we were on bottom floor Carpets need to be replaced

Easy access to airport Decent price Staff friendly Bedding and bathroom Clean

Great value hotel close to the airport

The furniture is a bit outdated but we didn’t care about that.

Staff were very friendly and helpful with information about the area and how to get around. The free breakfast was great and had a good variety of food and drinks. The hotel has a cute little bar with a super friendly bar man, Jim. We ate at the Chinese restaurant at the end of the building and it was a popular spot with the locals as well as tourists. We walked for 10 minutes to the skytrain to go into cbd and also walked to the River Rock Casino which has a marina out the back. The hotel stored our luggage for us on the last day and they also have a free shuttle to and from the airport. Would definitely stay there again if in town.

The breakfast selection was great, the room size was good.

I woke up with irritated skin and slight rash on my neck area, the bedding needed a more thorough clean apparently, the towel in the bathroom had a yellow stain on it which was off putting, other than the sanitization and cleanliness it was ok.

The breakfast selection was great, the room size was good.

Thank you for a nice end to my trip.

Croissant doughy, not light and flakey. Tap in bathroom sink stood in a constant pool of leaking water. Staff knocked on my door, twice, in the morn...?

Bed super comfy. I loved the homey-ness and friendliness of this hotel with “character”. Nice to see in this day of Ultra modern blandness.

Clean rooms, cl

The fact they don’t have a restaurant serving local cuisine

I wish they had a proper retaurant - not just a layout for breakfast only. There used to be a WONDERFUL restaurant in the hotel called Bobby’s and the food was AMAZING. I always looked forward to eating there - dimmed lights, candles on the table, cozy, intimate, and fresh, fresh food. I don’t like the Chinese restaurant adjoining the hotel.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The experience is very unpleasant, we located in the hotel is because it is closed to the airport and free parking. We parked the car in the outdoor location after being assigned a second floor room; there is a musty smell room. The next day morning, we found both the tires on the left hand side of the car got damaged. We have to call tow truck to tow it to garage for repair. The problem took me almost the whole day to resolve it. I reported the problem to the front desk. They told me their hotel is not responsible for any damage of customer’s vehicle and no camera security in outdoor area. When I checked out, the staff told me she has charged the room fee to my credit card. I felt very strange as she has not got my permission. I used the credit card only for deposit. I asked her to arrange refund and I finally paid the fee by cash. When I came back Hong Kong about 5 days, my bank called me if I am in USA as my credit card fraud. I only used my credit card once in my trip and it was used in the hotel.

Abercorn Inn is very handy to the airport - a big bonus when the weather is bad!

Check-in was at 4:00 p.m., which I've never encountered before (am used to 2:00 p.m. check-in, rarely even 3:00 p.m. check-in). Fortunately, our room was ready when we arrived at 3:30 - quite a relief, as it had been a long travel day!

Very friendly and helpful staff - room was very comfortable - a good size for two people

A little pricey.

When we booked, the hotel was undergoing a separation from Best Western. We felt the price was based on BW rates As an independent hotel, it was probably overpriced. It wasn't convenient to cancel, so we stuck to it. It wasn't value for money.

It worked. Staff working in the restaurant esp. friendly. Front desk responsive and helpful. Airport shuttle started early which was very helpful for some of us with early morning flights. Breakfast choices were good. A Chinese restaurant on the premises made it easy for a quick meal, esp. for tired passengers.

Very nice for a short or overnight stay
    • Standard Queen Room

The use of disposable crockery and cutlery. It would have been nicer to have china and metal. No onsite dining available for meals other than breakfast

The breakfast was included

Handy and functional when it is hard to find a hotel

Properly a 3 star, a little old, a little tired, a little small. Handy to the airport with a good but relatively expensive Asian restaurant at the east end of the building

Before breakfast they have coffee and roll, pastry out which is nice. Friendly staff

We won't come again!

The shuttle bus failed to arrive despite several phone calls and promises that it would be 'ten minutes' Eventually, one hour and twenty minutes later, we got a taxi. Unfortunately we forgot, in our tiredness, to get a receipt. Eventually however the hotel did agree to refund is the 20 dollars it had cost. Awful plastic cutlery and paper plates for breakfast. Breakfast not good. Rooms old, shabby and not over-clean. This was an expensive hotel!

See above for hotel eventually refunding our taxi fare.

Not a Best Western anymore but prices haven't dropped
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wi-Fi from room very shaky, no microwave, orange juice was more like syrup water. Tired looking carpets. We booked a Best Western but it's no longer one.

Its convenient location, its pleasant Tudor style facade. It works, but no great shake.

room was very nice and clean, very good breakfast buffet

We were on the 2nd floor and the ceiling creaked every time someone in the room above us walked. The room above us had people walking around as early as 4am and as late as 11pm. We complained after the 1st night and the front desk staff was nice and said they would leave a message for the people on the 3rd floor, but nothing changed. If we ever stay there again we would want to be on the 3rd floor. The hotel needs to put better noise quieting carpet or something else between the floors. The 3rd night we stayed, the front desk staff in the morning said the people in the 3rd floor had checked out and they would try not to fill that room. When we returned in the evening we found the room above us occupied, and could also tell there was a child running back and forth. You could tell the difference when an adult walked across the room and when the child ran across.

the breakfast was very good. A lot better than we expected. Fresh apples and tangerines were a plus. Loved the eggs and bacon! The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean. we liked the fact that a supervisor checked the room after the cleaning woman was finished.

It was ok but for the cost I expected more
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Proper plates and cutlery at breakfast would be good instead of paper plates and plastic cutlery. Carpets were old and worn, lift was dodgy. Quite expensive

Bed was comfy

Good big breakfast.

Very wasteful, far too many disposable items (cutlery, plates, cups...). I don't think anything except the glasses at the bar were reusable. For a modern hotel it was pretty disgusting. Also, the gaelic sign on the door was wrong. As it was a Scottish themed hotel, it should be "ceud mile failté", not "froilte". I think that's Irish, not Scots, gaelic.

Good big breakfast. Staff were very friendly. Lovely spacious room.