Reviews of Best Western Bakerview 2 stars

1821 Sumas Way, V2S 4L5 Abbotsford, Canada

#11 of 14 hotels in Abbotsford

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My son and I ordered the breakfast from the restaurant and picked it up and ate it in our hotel room it was expensive and greasy. I think if you are guests in the hotel room you should get a discount in the restaurant even if they are not associated with each other it should be a perk. I will say that some of the guests that frequent the Bakerview are a little undesirable. I stayed there for just over a week waiting for my suite be ready. Because of some of the other Hotel guess I probably lost four nights of sleep. Due to the heavy foot traffic the partying going on in other rooms and the constant barrage of door-knocking couples fighting an addicts looking for the Bros and Buddies. I left that hotel feeling sleep deprived and ripped off. The woman up the front desk tried to charge us for an extra night. My son went in to return the key card and get our deposit back and we were told that we had to pay for an extra night. I had to go in there and point out what the error was as we had originally booked the extra night online and we're booked for two nights. Yet the hotel clerk still was trying to charge us the extra night and get away with it. Shame Shame Shame. When you been in the hotel business that long you know exactly what's going on he don't need to be told by a customer. And when a customer tells you that you're being kept awake at night after night by the constant noise there should be some renumeration for that. Not sure if I would ever stay there again. I was given a quote on the phone for how much my room would be when I got there I was charged $50 more than what I was told there was also a quote online for how much the room would be and that ended up being more than what the quote online was. Am I happy about my stay at the Bakerview not so much if it wasn't for the fact that the housekeeping staff went above and beyond I'd be downright pissed.

My son and I ordered the breakfast from the restaurant we ate it in our room. The rooms at the Bakerview are a hit and miss. Some rooms are clean, tidy, nicely furnished and comfortable . Meaning that sometimes you will get a room that has nice furnishings and a comfortable mattress and other times you'll get one that's been a little beat on by the previous guests with a lousy uncomfortable mattress. That has been my experience with the Bakerview. The housekeeping staff is the best thing about the Bakerview they go above and beyond. The woman who is the head of housekeeping makes sure that everybody at the hotel is happy and gets everything they need for a comfortable stay. She is an asset to that hotel.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pet Friendly - Non-Smoking

The room had dog pee stains all over them. The room stunk of it and then masked with an air freshener. The manager was not on site and has not gotten back to us in regards to the situation. This is one of the busiest times in Abbotsford for a festival and BC Provincials and the manager goes away. Felt terrible for the staff to have to deal with this all and I know we were not the only room with this issue.

The cleaning staff was exceptional in trying to fix the problems in our room. They worked very hard!!

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Cable box kept resetting itself every 15 to 20 minutes making it impossible to watch TV

Friendly staff room was clean and tidy beds were very comfortable

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The pool was closed the whole stay with no compensation. The room was never cleaned the first two days there. They ran out of towels so we couldn’t shower. The ladies at the front desk were very rude. We will never stay here again!!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The shower was broken. The towel supply was poor. There was noise of people walking continuously on the roof of Room No 117 for the whole night. It was very irritating and uncomfy.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The showerhead in my room was broken. The hot tub was too hot. Blankets were thin and not warm enough.

Comfy beds and lots of good pillows. Nice helpful staff. Very clean and nicely decorated.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room itself wasn't below average in aesthetics, shower curtain appeared to be haphazardly installed, not enough towels in the pool area.

It was a great location and an affordable price.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pet Friendly - Non-Smoking

Location, close to many restaurants and easy highway access. Staff were very helpful when booking made via booking.com was for 3 rooms but somehow only 1 room was booked, issue was fixed very quickly.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Girl at the front desk gave us the wrong keys twice and my pizza went cold waiting for her to figure out which room was mine because it took so long. Also the water for the shower was barely even luke warm

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pet Friendly - Non-Smoking

The tv did not work..... a member of the staff tried to fix it and couldn't but said she would come back when the system had rebooted. She never came back. Also there was a very loud party 2 doors down that I had to call the front desk about at midnight. It was quickly shut down, but I don't think I should have had to call. The staff should have made sure there were no loud parties going on ....

The location was good. We were in Abbotsford to go to a concert at the Abbortsford Centre

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pet Friendly - Non-Smoking

Our room smelled of cigarettes when we walked in and its a non-smoking room....NASTY 😡. They have buckets for smoking right outside the rooms so when the people in the room beside us smoked it came in our room. There was also a couple sketchy people outside the hotel obviously on some kind of narcotic. They had a huge screaming match and everyone came out of there rooms to see what was happening. We don't come for the pool but if we did we were welcomed by a sign the said pool out of order.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I booked this hotel specifically because it had a heated indoor pool, but when we arrived we were informed the heater was not working, it was freezing. I had booked and checked in 4 people but there was only 2 sets of towels, cups and 1 glass. The hot tub was the one saving grace.

The fridge was larger than most in room fridges, but other than that the room was pretty cramped.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Came to Abbotsford for a concert, that was very helpful and friendly. Even directed us to a group of fellow concert goers to share a cab so we wouldn't have to wait over 45mins for one and be late for our event! Clean, professional friendly staff, comfortable. Will be back.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The fact that you (Booking.com) did NOT let the hotel know we requested a dog room. Had we arrived later in the day, they would not have been able to accommodate us. Why do you bother to ask us our special needs when you don't bother to pass on the info to our hotel? You had better shape up on this or I will not be using you again

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Smell of smoke in the room but that is to be expected in a place like this.

Quite and the staff were very nice but not pushy. Its not a 5 star place as it caters to the blue collar worker but very down to earth and does the job.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room smelledbof cigar smoke when we entered.We noticed the fire alarm disconnected.I registered on line for a hotel room.When we checked in the first time The lady at the desk said the room was not ready.That was okay as we were 2 hours early.We also mentioned at that time we had a small dog.The lady said there was a 20 dollar extra fee forvhaving a dog.It never said that online when I registered.Later when we registered the clerk did not have a pet friendly room. But whenvwe said thats okay we will find somewhere else.She replied with no you are already charged for the room. No refunds.

• Queen Room with Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

Did not like the fact that we had to ask for towels, soap for dishes, and for someone to come and remove a spent bar of soap off the floor behind the bathroom door. The booking clerk simply picked it up leaving the pile of dust it was laying in.

Bed was comfy.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

A bit older but still okay. It would have been nice for the beds to be made up on our absence and things were not always replenished.

Staff was accommodating. We had a leaky toilet and they moved us to a new room.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was a bit on the hard side.

Very close to the venue that we were attending that night. Close to good food and quick taxi service to hotel. Just off the highway.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pet Friendly - Non-Smoking

The dangerous walk ways. The hotel also lost power and the staff said they were going to move us to a different hotel and said they would come get us when arrangements had made. No one ever game. We were waiting in a cold dark hotel room all night and no staff were present to assist us.

Nothing. It was in a bad location. It was not well maintained. There was lots of ice and snow over the walkway and parking lot making it extremely dangerous to walk to our room and get our luggage to the room.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pet Friendly - Non-Smoking

The room was completely filthy!! Nothing was clean, dust everywhere, white dog hair all over the carpet as well as dirt and pine needles. Shower was not cleaned,no toilet paper, previous guests garbage left behind, drug deals going on in the parking lot, dirty blanket on one bed and the other blanket off the second bed was covered in someone elses hair and no acting manager on site to rectify the situation. Not happy at all and will NEVER stay there again. I will be following through with the proper people as I’m not happy that I had to pay the price I did for a filthy room. Pictures have been taken and I will be following up with the owner/manager. This has been a very disappointing experience and definitely ruined my hard earned vacation.😔 I highly recommend that you stop promoting this hotel as it is a reflection on your site which in the past has been great.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pet Friendly - Non-Smoking

My daughter stayed in the hotel the same day and cleanliness was not good there were crumbs in the bed and garbage underneath the bed. She advised the front desk but all they said was sorry, no discount or voucher for next trip. Left unhappy with service.

close to shopping and restaurants

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The location is in a seedy area. There is garbage all around the grounds and neighborhood. Did not feel super safe. Also, we had some noisy neighbors who allowed their children to run around unsupervised all night.

The price was fair and the staff were very friendly.

• Queen Room with Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

Old property. Needs a lot of overhauling. Bathtub backed up in one of the rooms. I'd fire the cleaning staff.

Convenient location to our venue and price was low. It would be a good place for a one night pass through stay.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The neighborhood seemed very sketchy. There was a very rough element of people staying in the long term rooms. I think I saw a drug deal go down.

Bed was comfortable and room was very clean. Price was good too.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The windows, blinds, and curtains were difficult to deal with. So was the AC unit. I could not find a good temperature. The bed linens and blankets were very old and not in good condition.

Lots of restaurants and coffee place VERY close--walking distance to Starbucks

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We could hear the people walking around above us. There was only one cup that worked with the Kuerag machine. It is a bit difficult to get in and out of the hotel area.

The room was clean and large. The hot tub was fine.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The stairs although they were not a hindrance but if my luggage was heavier I might have found it more difficult at my age.

It was a very enjoyable stay. Front desk people were friendly, weather was great. Room was clean and very well done. I would certainly stay again.

• Queen Room with Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

For the price there was no breakfast and after a long day I get to to the hotel to check in and they tell me they don't have a room for me even though I booked one because another guest came in before me complained and got my room. Eventually they game me the last room left even though someone was due to check in later and take that room. So basically I'm lucky I showed up when I did or I wouldn't have had a room. Would never stay there again. The staff seemed real indifferent to the situation.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Styrofoam cups for drinking coffee out of we're disappointing.

Very good brand of coffee in the room. Room was very spacious though the bathroom was very small. Very good sized fridge

• Queen Room with Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

Older facility that would need a bit of updating outside. We had loud neighbors during our stay, not the best soundproofing.

Convenient location, room was clean.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

My wife and I really appreciated the swift check in and how clean our room was. The value was definitely there. Pool/hot tub clean. Walking distance to a vast selection of quality dining. Wifi was fast.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

No security in parking lot, our bike was stolen off our truck overnight. Some idiot was shooting firework from 1st floor balcony over the parking lot & the staff didn't care.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pet Friendly - Non-Smoking

There was a small hole in the bathroom ceiling that should be taken care of.

The bed was extremely comfortable. I enjoyed having a coffee machine, fridge and microwave in the room and of course free Wi-fi. Also, the care package for my dog was a very nice touch!

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room was clean, but it's a bit outdated. The rug felt like it needed steam-cleaning and the room had a strong soapy/perfumy smell.

I loved the location.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pet Friendly - Non-Smoking

TV channels did not have lot of options...coffeemaker made coffee once second time it did not bother☺😊

The decor is very beautiful room had ac in it the room smelled amazing at check in and it was kept nice and cold..staff was great ...allowed me early check in..Manager on site was very helpful and great customer service

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing really. It's an older hotel so looks a bit worn. But it's clean and comfortable and the bed was good.

The hotel is right off the highway and conveniently located both for the airport and the friends I was visiting. There are several nearby restaurants (I don't think this hotel included breakfast). Staff was friendly and helpful. Good air conditioning which was appreciated during the incredible and unusual hot spell. Good and free wifi; free parking.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Would have like some tea or hot chocolate complimentary drinking choices as only coffee provided

Comfortable bed, spacious room, extra little touches like make up remove wipes etc

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

they put me in a room at the end of the motel next to office that felt like a dungeon. no natural light... no real window!! I was told I was getting a king bed and a pullout couch. I got no couch and a double bed. And then the night person complained to me about being in the parking lot smoking and was trying to force me in my room. which eventually they called the RCMP on me!!!!

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

We didn't get our rooms located next to each other as a family. Cost appears to be on high side compared to similar class of hotels

Cleanliness and courteous staff.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We had everything we needed to make our visit pleasant. Everyone was very friendly and nice. We were charged once for our pet, which was perfect. Williams Lake charged for each day.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Smells old and the furnishings are quite dated.Pillows need replacing and bedding was quite rough. Didn't get the best sleep.

The pool and hottub are indoors which is great for rainy days. Close to many restaurants and businesses including Abbotsford Center. It is conveniently located right off the highway. Lovely staff

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The price, but hotels near Vancouver are always expensive.

Fascilities were clean and comfortable. The room we had was in a bend of the building, creating a larger room (like the corner lot of a residential subdivision). Allowed plenty of room to unpack and settle in. Pool and hot tub was a bonus.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Air Conditioner was loud and gave off a funny smell. Room was non- smoking but smelled like smoke. No mention of stairs only in the description.

View would have been beautiful if it had been clear. Staff was courteous. Bed was comfortable. Places close by and breakfast was good but not included..

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Part of the room was cut off to accommodate the stairs going to the second floor - made room smaller, noise from staircase.

The location was great for the BC Summer Games.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our room had a very small window with bars on it - we could not see outside, we had the only room that was located on the side of the highway - very noisy - we barely slept for three nights due to the vehicles, and horns honking, we could not control the air conditioning therefore it was cold from about 9pm to 11pm the rest of the time was like an oven. If I could have found another hotel I would have checked out in the middle of the night. We spend about 70% of our weekends over 10 months of each year in hotels - and this by far was the worst stay we have ever had and the one of the most expensive.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Your front step. You need warning signs out there as today third night of black and blue and swollen knees , if you had warning signs around I wouldn't have fallen and smashed my knees , now I have a fourteen hour drive ahead of us that sadly is still going to be uncomfortable ( I have a dr appointment when I get home to find out the extent of the damage)

I liked the girl who checked us in the first night

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The smell of smoke, the kids running up and down the hallway/pathways at night

I loved the staff so much. More than accommodating, friendly and hardworking

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Air conditioner was too noisy Renovations Wouldn't let me have a later checkout

Most if the staff was nice Room was clean

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was out of abbotsford

Peaceful area

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Some of the other guests are a little loud .

The staff are pleasant .Friendly accomadating and very helpful.

Room not clean, facility run down 9

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Cheap but everything was good quality. Would recommend for any fund-limited travellers staying in Abbotsford.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

A lot of people outside noisy

Cheap price good shower

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pet Friendly - Non-Smoking

Property was dirty and outdated. Area did not feel secure or safe.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Whiskey smell on pillows. Hair dryer was broken

Bed was comfortable, lots of hot water for the shower.

A bit noisy.

Good location for us.

Room wasn’t ready until 2hrs after check in and room key never worked

Pool availability 24 hrs

Parking right outside rooms

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

- homeless in area - front desk attendant was rude, unhappy - room smelt old and somewhat smokey

- Cheap

Room smelled of smoke.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

An ice cold swimming pool Older men drinking beer in the hot tub Sketchy people hanging around the hotel

The tv

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Lots of noise and fighting from the neighbours next to us. No electricity

Location and clean

Power was out

View

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Noise right beside stairs, highway and could hear people talking

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Over all excellent. It is accessible to all aminities. And the room is very comfortable.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The TV was pretty bad and the beds and pillows were not firm enough.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The non-smoking room smells like cigarettes. It really stunk.

It looked nice inside from the surface

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Poor parking and rooms were not sound proof..could hear people upstairs

Good location for the venue we were going to

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The outside property was not clean .there were tissue paper and garbage around the area .it was not clean

The hotel room was clean and nice

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Not up to best western standards and would not recommend or stay there again

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Good access to major highways. Clean comfortable beds. Good size room. Good restaurant on site. Close to US border.

Friendly front desk staff