Reviews of Best Western Parkway 3 stars

600 Highway 7 E, L4B 1B2 Richmond Hill, Canada

#3 of 7 hotels in Richmond Hill

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Balcony

we got 2 rooms and the one I got for the inlaws, the air conditoning was amazingly cold lol but mine hardly worked but still was comfy.

The employees were very helpful loved the balcony comfy beds and close tge beat restuarants.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I feel the hot tub could have used more water and beefier jets. Maybe change over to salt instead of Chlorine. Safer for environment and better for skin

Breakfast was great. The pool was deep which is nice for a change

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I wasn’t aware of construction The vacuuming staff uses scented powder in haul way and rooms. I have severe allergies To dust and scents perfume

They were very accommodating I had medical allergies called 911 twice They made sure i had what i needed and were able to extend my stay

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Balcony

We really enjoyed our stay! We would totally stay there again! The breakfast was amazing and the heated bathroom floor was awesome! Staff was extremely friendly and helpful!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Balcony

Thursday and Friday night there was a very large group of young girls running in the halls who seemed to not have adult supervision. Told front desk after they knocked on our door twice. Said they would send security. Lady across the hall complained too. No security until that other lady started yelling at them in the hallway.

Love the buffet.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There should be a rubberized mat under the microwave or rubber footers. It slid forward very easily when opening the door, being a possible hazard for being pulled right off the shelf.

The choice of pillow firmness and comfort of mattress, the idea of a bathroom night lite on the hair dryer, mirrored closet doors. Complimentary breakfast had great variety.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

we lost power for one afternoon and were not compensated at all. we did not get to use the pool one day because there were swimming lessons in it? pillows were too big. need options of smaller pillows as well. too expensive and no offers offered.

breakfast buffet was good. bed good. pillows too big.. need options of smaller ones

CONSTRUCTION. I have been here more than once, and they are building an elevator. The stay included jackhammers taking out concrete. Also, the power was taking out so it was pitch black, and the previos visit the construction workers knocked the cable reception out. I drove in and arrived 4 hours early. The staff were jerks. I asked to get a room early, plenty of open rooms, but they said they needed the whole time to clean. I was exhausted and not happy.

The breakfast is great. Chef makes omelets, cut fruit, eggs, and plenty of all you can eat. Value is OK for the area.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Balcony

The room needed a makeover the bathroom was kind of gross the hot tub was not very nice the pool was not nice it didn't feel clean and our heater in our room was broken we had to wait for maintenance

Breakfast was good value for the money

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Balcony

there were some kids keep knocking on our door at around 11 PM when we were trying to sleep. they knocked the door and ran away for couple times. I was so angry about it. I was waiting behind the door for catching their last prank and they didn't come back. Hope the hotel can install some cameras set up at the entrance or end of the hallway to prevent these issues.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Balcony

Small beds, uncomfortable blankets, charged me more per night than what it said on booking.com.

Breakfast at the neighboring Sheraton with our vouchers was excellent!

The pillows could have been firmer, but that's just my personal preference. A fitness center with 24-hour access would also be great.

Great value for the money! Pleasantly surprised to find a spacious room with a king-sized bed - quite remarkable for a 3-star hotel. Full-menu breakfast with the "works" - eggs, bacon, toast, etc

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There were hair in the bathroom. Once I had a hair in my coffee. The a/c was noisy sometimes.

The room was clean and rather big. I've found everything I needed (iron, fridge, glasses, etc.). Breakfast was really good and diverse - tasty fruits!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Poor Sevice I requested that my room to be cleaned, After two returned the room not cleaned,they told me to wait in the lobby waited half hour nothing is being done, I have asked to give another room and they did but around one in the morning the carpet soaked water don’t know where the water come from! change the room I had bad experience and wasn’t happy at all.

Nothing at all?

First room was dirty. Microwave was not cleaned nor the bed skit. Ugly stain on carpet They staff kindly moved us, the closet door was not working in second room. They promptly found someone to fix it. Great staff!!! Just need to keep up on maintenance and cleaning of the rooms.

Staff breakfast restaurant location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We loved that breakfast was included however the buffet was not as good as the last time we stayed here...there was no bacon and the omlette/eggs station was closed

The bathroom was not clean there was no holding stand for the shower very difficult to shower the blow dryer was dusty.... no filters on the coffee machine

The staff very friendly

I enjoyed that the location was close to everything. Breakfast was very good, also nice to have the Starbucks close by and also that you had a Tim Horton's within walking distance.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Next time we will request a room on the ground or the higher floor. There is a "below ground - 10+ steps - wing" to the this building though its split level. We were not aware.

Breakfast was very good and great coffee. Joint facility with the Sheraton makes it very pleasant and spacious.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Balcony

Thermostat very difficult to read and adjust, water in bathroom sink very slow to drain; even when I made sure the shower curtain was well-closed, I ended up with a very slippery wet floor. I've stayed in many BW's in the past and found this one in need of care.

It was close to where I wanted to be and cheaper than the Sheraton.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Balcony

Good location attached ta a Sheraton with a dining room and other facilities. Excellent breakfast, it is served at the Sheraton buffet and is all freshly prepared not manufactured. Table service for coffee etc.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Balcony

Bonus! I was Upgraded to the Sheraton on same property. Super clean room, bed and bathroom. Bed super comfy. Thank you! Wonderful full buffet breakfast. Here is an idea for us older clients ( I am 67). How about an inexpensive shoe horn in the room for those of us who have trouble slipping on their shoes, especially dress shoes.? I often carry one in my bag but sometimes forget it. .

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Balcony

The pancakes were hard as they were sitting there for a while. The waffle maker was very hard to rotate to make your own waffles and the staff member was gone every time we wanted to make one.

I was greeted by all staff with,"hi, have a nice day/evening" The swimming pool was very clean, not cold, we went in no problem compared to other places we have stayed. Construction in hotel didn't bother us and everything was exceptionally clean.

Just the few things mentioned above.

The King Room was exceptionally clean and roomy. The alcove an added bonus. The drawback with the alcove is that the coffee maker in the alcove did not have immediate access to water, but rather water was available in the bathroom only. A very small inconvenience. An extra bar of soap in the bathroom would be a help ( one in tub and one on sink). These are small complaints. Overall we were very pleased with the room. Cleaning staff are experts!!!! It was spotless. Towels plentiful. Bed comfy.

Construction was noisy but stopped at 5pm. Long long long walk to room ... no elevator

Surprisingly spacious. Very comfortable high quality bed. Friendly efficient staff even with a busload of tourists unloading causing chaos. Breakfast is in the Sheraton next door and above average

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Balcony

We have stayed about 6 times in the last 18 months and have noticed the breakfast buffet which admittedly was included in the price of the room has gone downhill considerably.

location and ease of access to many other areas such as the airport higway 407 and other parts of north toronto . Basically the hotel was all right.

Breakfast selection was limited. Meat was dry, result of sitting under heat lamp for too long. Shower water wasn’t hot.

free parking, good location to where I had to go, price was ok.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

having to walk upstairs. And the water is not hot enough during peak shower time.

Breakfast is very good. Bed is a little too soft for my liking. Also we were given a room that's on the third floor and there is no elevator, so taking luggage up was a bit of a hassle, although they did offer to help.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Property is NOT handicapped-friendly, as there are no ramps at the entrance nor inside the hotel itself. To enter through adjacent hotel, where there are no stairs at the entrance, is not a solution.

Room was comfortable and clean, as was the bathroom. Restaurant at adjoining hotel for dinner was nice, but overpriced. The same restaurant for the buffet breakfast features a nice variety of items to fit any and all tastes.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Old, not updated. No elevator. Not your typical Best Western. The Sheraton attached much a much newer, much nicer hotel. We had breakfast there as well as Starbucks.

It had 2 double beds that was great for what we needed. Tim Hortons was right there.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Limited parking, you went through a maze of halls and doors to find the pool, only to see that is was poorly lit in that area so no one wanted to swim.

It was a good sleep only kinda place. We were 5 mins from Wonderland.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

the only thing that could have been better was they, only had double beds, would of preferred queen size instead.

the breakfast was very good, large selection of items to choose from the pools (2) were awesome, the outdoor pool had tons of lounge chairs to relax on, the indoor pool had a hot tub as well, the room was very nice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Had I known there was no elevators with kids and what I had to take to my room was not the best experience having to lug everything up the stairs :(

It was alright

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like that there was no windows that can open in the room. I think they had a sliding door before but they sealed it so you can't open it now. It's best to ask for a room on the 2 new floor that has a balcony. This way you can have some fresh air as well as a place to dry your bathing suits after a swim. Btw, they had 3 pools. One was outside which is great during hotter months.

The breakfast was very good. The restaurant was shared between the BW and the Sheraton. I also liked that there was a fridge and a microwave in the room.but I wished they had a kettle instead of a coffee maker. It would have been nice to be able to make hot chocolate for the kids.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Both rooms smell like stale cigarettes despite the no smoking policy. Price charged was more than what we were quoted when booking.

Very good breakfast buffet

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hallways are heavily sprayed with a air freshener

Fast check in and fast check out. Also loved the complimentary breakfast. Good value when traveling with children.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room we had had 2 double beds which were not big enough for 2 adults in one bed. Also our room had an awful bathroom which the toilet or taps would make a loud noise every 20 minutes or so which made it impossible to get a decent nights sleep. Breakfast and pools were amazing. And staff at the resteraunt were awesome. Hotel staff were friendly as well.

Hairdryer needs replacing: too weak and I don't want to have to press the button to keep it on...no hands left to style the hair!

All excellent, microwave was a bonus. Bathtub a bonus.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

My friend booked the room for us. We called hotel to ask for a firm bed, the sales person told us that they would try to arrange. We appreciated that. Before we arrived, we contacted the hotel again and they said they will put a hard board into one of the beds. On the day we arrived, we found nothing done. When we asked, they told us the board was placed into one of the beds already. We checked again. They also looked at the beds and told us they will handle this issue the following day. When we got back to the hotel the second evening, there was nothing done. We were too tired to ask again. As we also booked this hotel for some other days, we talked to the hotel again and hope this issue is handled before our next stay.

Breakfast is good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Balcony

Parking!! I went on a Tuesday and had a horrible time trying to find parking, I can only imagine it would be next to impossible to park on the weekends

Loved the balcony, even had seating out there! The location was great (we were off to wonderland) and loved that Tim Hortons was in the same parking lot.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Balcony

A lot of tour group stay and sometime is noise, depend on the cleaning lady, sometime they don't do a good job. You have to request bed sheet change , otherwise they don't change often. Their fist floor is kind like basement from one side and they don't have elevator, so not convenience for old people if stay at 1st or 3rd floor.

Breakfast was nice which use the restaurant from Sheraton Hotel, but everyday is the same. Location is right at the center of Richmond Hill, if you are doing business near by is nice place to stay. walking distance to restaurants and Richmond Hill town center.

Two things: 1. Very noisy from the fan/conditioner . With A/C on the plastic curtain is flapping very loud - distracts from sleeping. Since the room is very small (that is not a problem by itself) - the sound is concentrated in the smaller area. Also fire alarm is flashing really bright from one side of the bed and is reflecting in the mirror on the other side of the bed, so you have flashes of bright green on both sides of you r bed...which is annoying if your eyes are sensitive. It sounds like minor things which I agree, but for someone who has trouble falling asleep may be important. 2. The staff missed my wake up call.

The room was very clean, linens and towels -clean and fresh. The breakfast (included) was indeed superior . I did not expect to see so much fresh fruits in the buffet. It was a nice surprise.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Service was not good at the restaurant, I.e. Not timely had to walk up to receive the attention for the waiter to request water, no juice or coffee was offered.

The staff at the front desk are attentive are helpful to meet all your requirements.

Guess hotel was full...had a hard time finding parking a few times. Didn't like that the entrance door near the very back (where my room was) had no secure entry system (looked like it had been there but was broken)

The breakfast was much nicer than expected. Nice room...liked the fridge and microwave.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

The first room they assigned was like a prison cell. In the basement with no window, just curtains over a fake window to a brick wall. They did rectify the situation by finding me a double room, rather than a king, but it never occurred to me when booking that I would need to ask for a room that has a window. With my claustrophobic tendencies I would have had a panic attack in that room.

Some of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Proximity to the conference centre was great.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Balcony

The booking wasn't right, the first room they tried to give us hadn't been cleaned in months an was in the basement with no windows. The gps directions were wrong an sent me on a toll highway 3 times

The breakfast

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Insufficient parking and the hotel parking area is not clearly marked. Breakfast line was too long, so we didn't have time to use the included breakfast. There was gum stuck to the in room coffee tray and it was on one of the drinking glasses. Shower head sprayed all over (broken or improperly installed). People were leaving dishes, garbage in the halls and it seemed to stay for quit a while. Beds not that comfortable.

Room and bathroom were clean. Great location for restaurants. Convenient distance to airport. Free parking.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Beds were way too soft. Pillows gave no neck support. After 2 nights my body was so achy. Breakfast was ok. Advertised until 11 but cut off at 10:20 and eggs were horrific.

The tim hortons next door

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We stayed on the second floor; might be too many stairs for elderly. The facility is a bit old. Parking lot was very tight. So have to come back early to secure the spot.

The breakfast was very nice and worth the value. The staffs there were super helpful and friendly. Great location.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Balcony

More pros than cons but I would have to say the showers and toilets are very loud and VERY audible in the morning if u r hoping to sleep in. The restaurant/room service is quite nice but pricy for certain items on room service such as the cheese "tray". It wasn't a tray. It was a plate. It was to include an "assortment of 3 cheeses of ur choice. It was actually 3 pieces of cheese. Literally THREE pieces of cheese!!! And some grapes and 6...(count em) 6 crackers!!! For $12!!! But some items such as the Ceaser salad and the French Onion soup and the salads were QUALITY. Expensive $10 soup but yummy. Menu isn't very extensive as by the 3rd day I was out of options. And room service doesn't offer breakfast after 11:00am??? If it's room service and not the buffet it should be available on the menu all day. Lastly...the indoor pool was nice..but a hot tub was advertised and there isn't one. The steam room was out of order. There is a game-room with 7 or 8 arcade style units..tiny closet of a game room..but I got excited about it anyway. EVERY game had an OUT OF ORDER sign on it!!! ☹️ Shame since it's such an easy "fix" . Plenty of unused space within the hotel to relocate it and make it a great "game room" and having some machines that actually work would be great.

I have stayed at 5🌟 places that were not as impeccably clean. And I am a "clean freak". VERY impressed with the house keeping staff. VERY professional and courteous experience upon check in with Michelle. And thank you Juliana for ur assistance prior to check in via phone. 😀 will return

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

The bathtub faucet was detaching from the wall. The plaster was no longer securing the facut.

The location based on where I needed to be was great. Our room smelt like vanilla, now I'm not sure if that was on purpose or just not cleaned properly from the previous guests.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

First, I had to wait 30 min just to check in, and that because I wanted to give the security deposit in US Dollar. The front desk did not know how to even operate debit card machine . The room was freezing when we got into it and the air conditioning was bad and took almost 3 hrs to warm up.Small room. No king size beds. It looks more like a motel than a hotel. It is really REALLY over charged. Oh and at the check out I had to wait another 25 to 30 min just to get my security deposit back!

The room was clean!

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Didn't know there wasn't an elevator and my husband had a heart attack the week before so couldn't take the luggage up to the third floor but no offer from front desk until I asked if someone could bring up our bag.

Clean and quite. Breakfast was good.did

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Not a thing!

Pool area and hours were great! Staff friendly. Breakfast was fabulous! I'd definitely stay here again. We stayed at the Marriott last week, the food, cleanliness, cost and pool here at the BW is much better!

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

sorry I said that in the what did you like?

the fact that you can't bring the breakfast to your room. I have a son with issues and he can't dine in the dining room.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed and pillows were not comfortable. beds too soft and provided no body support. the pillows were filled with foam and did not contour to the neck so the neck was not supported. woke up in the morning with aches and pains and not well rested. One night would have been OK, 4 nights was tough.

the rooms were clean, the staff friendly, maintenance were there within minutes, breakfast was good, plenty of parking. check in and check out were smooth.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

that you can't bring the breakfast back to your room. Also for late stay is was $50.00 too much.

I liked the room and the location. It was very clean and most staff were polite.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Balcony

At first the room we were given had the residual odour of something nasty. We were reassigned to another room subsequently. (Just please change the carpet in the other room.)

comfortable bed and crisp linen.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

Parking lot is shared with a lot of other businesses. Can be tight for a larger vehicle and hard to find a spot close.

Large room with a comfortable king bed.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Balcony

Parking was jam packed every night and it was hard to find a place. There should be reserved spots for the best western,like right beside the hotel.

Breakfast at the Sheraton next door was free and delicious.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel seems to be not properly cleaned especially the rooms on the lower floor. My room has cockroach and plenty of small insects that I have to kill everyday. Apparently they came out from the torn out wall paper in the room and toilet. Terrible experience! Because of those insects, I think however low the room price is will never be worthwhile to stay. The hotel should spend money regularly on pest control.

The buffet breakfast at the connecting Sheraton Hotel is included in the room price.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Balcony

I didn't like the fact that people could walk in and out of the building from the staircase. I was worried about letting my kids sit out in the hallway. Probably just a tad bit paranoid, but not worth taking a chance!

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No early check in, complicated to manage our request of checking in early since we did a long road trip and we're going to a funeral.after many attempts finally got a room at 1pm.

Close to the highway

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Balcony

at the reception things may go a little bit faster, we had to wait a few times because there was only one staff member available

the in and outside pool and the breakfast was very impressive and detailed

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

The hotel could use a little freshening up. Work out area faces a "dumping ground" for used spa equipment.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Efficiency suite was remarkable!

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel needs an update. Had a leaky toilet and had to argue with front desk to speak with manager to deal with issue. We were upgraded to a suite which was nice.

Location was good. Staff very friendly.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Excellent facilities, comfy bed. Fuelled up for a day at the theme park with a delicious buffet breakfast. Impressed with the staff at the buffet breaky - very efficient and friendly.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Balcony

I had originally book on Line way in advance to get a room at 11.00am. I was disappointed when I get there only to be toid no roos are available came back at 12.00.I called at 12.00 still no rooms available. I was tired worked all night I did not get a room ready until 12.30pm I had to sit and wait at Tim Hortons for 1.5 hrs.This must be improved.Nor Acceptable have to be better.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

We were there early and told we could not check in and had to come back after 3:00pm we were at an event and didn't get back until that evening and then our room was in the lower floor (basement).

Parking

Comfortable bed

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Balcony

The breakfast is together with that of Sheraton hotel. I enjoy it.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Balcony

The buffet breakfast was so so.

Very friendly staff! Staff greeted us & offered water on our arrival.

The water

Price is a little high

Staff is very professional and hospitable