Reviews of The Roehampton Hotel 3 stars

808 Mount Pleasant Road, M4P 2L2 Toronto, Canada

#74 of 133 hotels in Toronto

close to where I had to be the next day for doctor's appt.
    • Standard Two Double

I had requested handicapped accessible room and they said they had one but when I arrived they were both taken. Difficult to see sign for hotel with construction.

Breakfast was great and staff very friendly and helpful.

Excellent, comfortable stay outside the city centre
    • Standard Two Double

I booked the Roehampton as all the downtown hotels were unavailable because of the film festival going on in town, and I hadn’t expected a lot, but it turned out to be perfect for a short stay. The rooms are very well equipped with very comfortable beds, breakfast was very satisfying and the lobby staff are extremely helpful. The area is also very useful for stores and restaurants. I would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Older but nice city hotel, good price.
    • Standard Two Double

Lot's of construction going on next door, but, thankfully, we couldn't hear the noise inside.

Good price, swimming pool, good breakfast was unexpectedly free.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Would definitely recommend to others.
    • Standard Two Double

Too much air conditioning made rooms very cold in the evening.

Beds extremely comfortable. Good cooked breakfast. A little far from nearest tube station.

Reasonable price to stay in Toronto. Even more convenient if you drive a car to the hotel
    • Standard Two Double

The whole facilities is very aged but it should be acceptable because of the competitive price.

We stayed at the 2 twin bed room, which has a significant space with the competitive rate. The location is 7-8 minutes on foot from the subway station which we found OK. There are many restaurants on the way to the subway station. The closest supermarket is 4-5 minutes walk. And shopping center is above the subway station. You can find all necessary items or shops in it I saw many guests visited this hotel by their own car. It seems parking facility is very good relative to other hotel in Toronto. Breakfast was inclusive, it is simple selection but it is also fine with us

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Not too far from the metro.
    • Deluxe Room

Building around the hotel and the room we had this time was not as good as the first visit

Not too far from the metro. Buffet breakfast enough to get us going for the day. Staff very helpful.

Free breakfast each day and the dining room staff were...
    • Standard Two Double

Heavy construction in the area due to putting in a new subway line. Not the hotels fault. However very easy to get around

Free breakfast each day and the dining room staff were awesome

Hotel in zone of subway Line 1 (10 min walking).
    • Standard Two Double

Small hotel room with small bathroom. Long time for waiting elevator. Construction area.

Hotel in zone of subway Line 1 (10 min walking). Very good family run biergarten in the neighborhood.

Worst hotel stay we have ever had.
    • Standard Two Double

The toilet was broken and nobody come to fix it, they gave us a pump and want us to fix it! I think this is a common problem in that hotel because nobody suprised and thet have pump ready to give. Sorry but we are not plumber!!! The room has massy odor and there were hairs on bed. Avoid this hotel, seriously!

Excellent!!!!

All was good

The staff were excellent...we phoned because we got lost and the person who answered the phone gave us correct directions. We were there to be at Sunnybrook Hospital at 6am the next morning..got a wakeup call...the valet parking attendant got our car for us and gave us directions to the hospital. we could not have been treated any better. Thank you to all the staff.

Great place, comfy beds, great breakfast and excellent staff!
    • Standard Two Double

The breakfast area air conditioning wasn’t cooling properly and a couple of days it felt very stuffed and humid.

Air conditioning in the room was cooling perfectly! Great service, very friendly staff. Subway station, restaurants, stores and movie theatre near by.

Very disappointed with our stay. Will stay downtown next time. Too far away from everything.
    • Standard Two Double

Parking situation was terrible! Had to walk a block at night in order to park. Parking for one day was $24 and was self park. Porter took out luggage and left it in the middle of the lobby with no one watching it.

Breakfast was decent. Full hot breakfast served.

comfortable bed.
    • Deluxe Suite

the drapes in our room were torn so we couldn't close them properly. They needed some more help in the dining room for breakfast. All the tables were full of dirty dishes and the staff seemed disorganized.

comfortable bed. large room. close proximity to Eglinton station to get around the city.

Very big room with includig couch and desk.
    • Standard Two Double

Could use a litte renovation.

Very big room with includig couch and desk. Interior design is a bit old and old fashioned but clean. Location is not in the city center but in a nice neighbourhod. Parking service.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

The hotel was very clean.
    • Premium Room

Unfortunately there was alot of construction in the area, which I realize is not the hotels fault. It limited the accessibility to the building and parking. Arrival was not an issue but we had to go quite a distance out of our way to get back to our return route. It would have been helpful to have known in advance of this and parking which was listed as private but no mention of a fee. It was a "no choice" decision to have to pay the fee for parking when you do not know the area and so much construction blocking all avenues.

The hotel was very clean. It was quite hot on arrival so nice to have a decanter in the lobby with iced lemon water available. Staff was very courteous and friendly. Considering the construction outside it was quite quiet.

Nice room nice pool , but alittle dirty
    • Standard Two Double

Road works outside but didint cause any problems ... parking charges and tax that was introduced in April but wasn't passed on to us !

Nice room nice pool , but alittle dirty

Possibility of construction noise due to extension of the...
    • Standard Two Double

Possibility of construction noise due to extension of the subway during the day but fortunately no work happened during our stay. I’d recommend inquiring with the hotel before booking. The upscale neighbourhood is fantastic and the hotel was perfect.

We were upgraded so our suite was great.
    • Deluxe Suite

We were upgraded so our suite was great. Have stayed here a few times because of the location. A Standard Best Western 3 star hotel. Breakfast is totally adequate. A bit pricey due to our dates, but usually a good value hotel.

Very friendly and helpful staff
    • Standard Two Double

The water deposit of the toilet had a small leak, as we noticed water on the floor the second night. We reported, but we were leaving the following morning.

All of the hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. We really want to highlight Geovanna, at the front desk, she gave us maps, directions and exchange money-coins for the subway. I travel with my daughter, my sister, and my niece; we felt very comfortable and safe.

Front desk employees attitude was terrible
    • Standard Two Double

Did not like: - Staff in the front desk was rude and unfriendly

Like: -Cleanliness -Room size and decoration -Good breakfast -Valet parking guy was very friendly and helpful

Great breakfast, valets were very responsible, especially...
    • Standard Two Double

We needed better advice on restaurants nearby. No info on restaurants seemed to be available. Suggest the staff prepare better to make recommendations and do not advise if you don't really know. The curtains in room didn't close all the way, so we had to tape the edges shut so sunlight didn't peep through in the mornings.

Great breakfast, valets were very responsible, especially Robert, desk clerks also very helpful overall. Very professional staff.

Great staff made all the difference
    • Standard Two Double

Construction in the area posed some minor challenges

Outstanding staff - Geovanna and Jade in particular - made our stay very pleasurable indeed. The included breakfast was appreciated.

This is a comfortable affordable welcoming place to stay within short distance of dining ,subway.
    • Standard Two Double

The staff always remember us . They made me feel I was among family when I was staying there while my husband was in hospital. They were so accommodating when his hospital stay was extended to find me a room. I know I can relax when I am inside their doors

I was there by car and i also wanted to visit the city.
    • Deluxe Room

I was there by car and i also wanted to visit the city. The hotel has a parking and it's close to a subway station! The breakfast is good qualità with different choices! The room was a bit small but I was alone and therefore it was quite /

convenient for a short stay
    • Standard Two Double

I liked the breakfast and the courtesy of the staff. Rooms were overall clean although an effort could be done to renovate them. I stayed only one night so I have not seen much but it was very convenient. There is also plenty of restaurant around the hotel

See you again !
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Breakfast was with limited choices. Front desk charged me first for parking despite I don't even own a car (and did not use their parking service), had to correct that.

Good location for uptown stay. Bus stops near the hotel. Room was spacious. Air conditioning was a big plus !

Affordable hotel, slightly off the beaten track.
    • Deluxe Room

Decor was rather dated, and, given the space available the bathroom was pokey! Had to take the metro to the meetings as they were right downtown.

Rooms were quite spacious.

awsome
    • Standard Two Double

excellent staff and very helpfull

i was raised in that area many years ago i really like the fact that there is a hotel at mt pleasant and eglinton where I grew up 60 years ago

Good value for the room and location.
    • Deluxe Room

Plugins closest to the bed were not accessible, and the lamps didn’t have plugins on the bottom to compensate. Somewhat annoying as someone who uses their phone (nearly dead by the end of the day) as an alarm clock.

Free continental breakfast, which had a good selection and variety. Short walk to the subway station.

Front desk staff were very friendly and professional.
    • Standard Two Double

The building is older but well maintained.

Front desk staff were very friendly and professional. Ahmed in the breakfast lounge was fantastic ! He was very attentive, respectful and seemed genuine when asked about my trip and stay in Toronto. He wished me well and thanked me for staying with them. I would return to this hotel based on the service levels I received.

4.0
    Not too sure if I would stay there again.
    • Standard Two Double

Our room was so run down. It was from the 1980’s. we were very disappointed. Then the Gentleman with the valet parking ran my car up the curb and it was a brand new car. Only one week old. I was not impressed at all.

Staff was very nice.

Liked the staff, the hotel and breakfast.
    • Standard Two Double

There was no Sign and no address on the building. Combine that with the Subway construction we found it very aggravating going around and around trying to find the hotel.

The lobby was beautiful and the staff we dealt with were...
    • Standard Two Double

The parking situation is terrible. The hotels lot is very small and doesn’t fit enough cars, so you have to park at a garage a block away. Also, when I reserved I said it was for 4 people and when I got there I was charged an extra $15 per person because my reservation was in the system for 2 people.

The lobby was beautiful and the staff we dealt with were really nice.

Had mixed experience!
    • Standard Two Double

The room heating-cooling aren’t quite adjustable. The room got too hot at night so couldn’t sleep at all. Tried to turn on the cooler. It made a lots of noise with out much cooling. Also there is construction going on the adjacent property.

The hotel has nice breakfast choices and the rooms are clean.

in 5 years, when no more construction site : will be good.
    • Standard Two Double

Staff: they are polite, but undemanding uniform (spotted), hair (dandruff), and for a non native English speakers ununderatsandeable accent. Building: dusty, in the middle of a construction zone no heaters were already available, but we received a mobile heater unit. But still.

The beds are perfect

Blah
    • Superior Deluxe Suite

There was so much construction going on around the hotel and at the hotel. It was difficult to get there and find a spot to fit your car for the valet to take over. No clue there was even going to be a valet, and even though all the staff were really nice, it didn’t seem like a good enough hotel to have a valet which you need to tip. We ordered a suite and it was disappointing to say the least. No microwave, no plates, no cutlery - everything we expected was not there. There were 2 tiny rooms, also not expected. I’ve stayed at best westerns often, and always get the queen suites, but this time it sorely disappointed us.

The staff were all professional and attempted to be as helpful as possible. Included breakfast and the dining room were nice too.

BW Roehampton was a last resort in a mission of mercy.
    • Deluxe Room

initial keys issued did not work toilet plugged loud machinery noises until 11 pm (construction) charged extra for parking. don't like valet parking most we've paid for any room deposit required

Room and breakfast was adequate / pleasant All the staff were exemplary

Comfortable for family stay.
    • Standard Two Double

Internet is very slow and intermittent. Had to pay additional cost for parking but this is to be expected in Toronto.

Location is a 10 minute walk from subway. Excellent breakfast. Very nice staff. Very comfortable beds.

Good location. Clean. Great staff. But very dreary.
    • Standard Two Double

The carpet, furniture, decor in general was very dated. Clean but shabby. Not such an important thing but gave the atmosphere a little dreary feeling. The area in general is undergoing a huge amount of construction and so that has an effect on accessibility and the atmosphere in the neighborhood. I saw a notice on the building that it was in process of getting approval for construction of a 44 story building on the site and that may have something to do with why resources aren't being invested in improvement of the hotel. Just a guess. I don't have any real information about this but there are new buildings going up everywhere in the Yonge/Eglinton area.

I wish I could give the hotel a better rating because the staff was so wonderful. The host/waiter in the breakfast room was delightful. The front desk staff was very pleasant and accommodating as well as the staff I encountered in the halls. It was certainly clean. Great to have a fridge in the room. The room was large and clean. It is the closest hotel to the site I visit in Toronto so that may induce me to stay there again but I wouldn't chose it, despite the wonderful staff.

Comfortable - met my needs.
    • Deluxe Room

The fan in the bathroom could use a cleaning - dust collects over time. I did hear the fridge during the night but I am a light sleeper so after a couple of times, I was okay.

Friendly and professional staff - front desk, parking valet and restaurant.

I liked the room size
    • Deluxe Room

It’s noisy , Every time I’ve stayed here I always get woken up in the middle of the night by a party or loud drunk people you can hear right through the walls

I liked the room size

Overall we enjoyed our stay and would definitely go back.
    • Standard Two Double

We were surprised to have to pay for parking,which is not cheap.

Hotel rates were very reasonable. Breakfast was very good and we enjoyed the poached eggs.

Book somewhere else. Too much hassle for a birthday weekend celebration
    • Deluxe Room

Very limited parking and unhelpful grumpy valet officer who just stood in the middle of the parking area as if we are trespassers (ended up parking 15 mins away from the hotel which made us ridiculously drenched in snow whenever we go out), placed in a room that filled with the smell of smoke (non-smoker guests) and transferred us to a room with better ventilation but noisy (right beside the housekeeping room with loud banging and people talking), wifi was down from our 2nd evening til the morning we checked out.

Location, comfortable bed, attentive breakfast staff

Breakfast was good but room was so noisy that I could not sleep.
    • Deluxe Room

My room was a room that could have been a connected to another room if the doors were unlocked. I could here EVERYTHING that happened in that room, including when the occupants passed gas or got an email.

Fast check in.
    • Standard Two Double

Breakfast needs staff that are more involved. Food one morning was empty. Had to tell front desk.

Fast check in. Great Location. Cleaning Staff that do a great job.

Every thing was good except the parking
    • Standard Two Double

No parking spots had to pay 18.00 each bcs we had two cars for valet bcs they had no other avail parking, small parking lot

Every thing was good except the parking

Excellent hotel. Excellent customer service
    • Queen Room - Smoking

All are great. Liked all! :)

What did I like? Everything is correct answer, front office staff is great, super excellent customer service, room super comfortable and clean, smell nice and fresh. Housekeeper did great job as well. Breakfast is above my expectation, you can eat hot meal -eggs,bacon, potatoes or fruit salad, different yogurts, corn flakes, french toast, croissants, bagels, different bread, dried fruits, etc , staff at the restaurant during breakfast are as well great, hotel is located 2 block from Yonge street, and you have on Eglinton st. Many restaurants, coffee shop, pub, etc. so location - excellent for my needs. Overall will come back again and recommend for sure!keep on excellent job.all the best from Miami.big hello to nice Ecuadorian lady from the front desk, thank you for all information I needed to know.

quite ok
    • Deluxe Room

the first room attributed to me had large windows opening onto a terrace common to many other rooms, which made me feel unsafe. The reception accepted to move me to another room on a higher floor

large room

The beds were fairly comfy and the hotel staff was very...
    • Standard Two Double

There could of been more parking spaces for people so they didn’t have to walk 5 minutes back to the hotel.

The beds were fairly comfy and the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.

Good hotel, but a lot of construction...
    • Standard Two Double

The whole area around the hotel is under construction, which was really loud they went till late at night and early in the morning. Also the parking is only valet which should have been advertised better. It also has limited parking and hard to get out of because of construction.

The property was nice, beds were comfy, and the room was clean. Has a good complementry breakfast.

Horrible experience
    • Superior Deluxe Suite

The day before my departure, called the hotel to confirm their knowledge that two small dogs were going as well. Website says pet friendly and note was made when reservations were done. So when I️ called, I️ was told that pets were no longer allowed as of that day even though reservations had been made 2 months prior. After going back and forth with the clerk, there was an exception made, regardless, it already had caused a lot of anxiety and stress to me as I️ had no alternative for my dogs. I️ booked two suites for the reason that on their website it says sleeps 4 because of a pull out couch. The clerk as we were checking in, did not want to allow 4 people in each suite due to being a fire hazard. Because there were no more rooms available, an exception was made once again or we would have to book two more rooms. The clerk at check in was rude and unprofessional. Once again causing more stress for me. My room was cold all the time. We had the heat as high as possible but it never got warm enough to not have a jacket on. The draft coming from the windows was terrible. The bathroom was very small. Could barely move in it. The blanket on the pull out couch was ragged, old and nasty. Breakfast was just okay. It was buffet with very limited options.

There was nothing to like about it. Will not return to that hotel.

Would never choose to stay here again
    • King Room - Smoking

Dated, poor service, terrible parking, poor breakfast, ended up in a smoking room, the entire floor smelled strongly of smoke, the room also extremely smelly of cigarettes . We asked to be moved from our king room to something non-smoking, it was muH much better.

Didn’t really like anything about this property except that is was within walking distance of where we were going

The staff was extremely courteous and helpful.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

There were no Non Smoking Rooms available, but we were able to open the window to air out the room.

The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. A tasty breakfast buffet was included. There is a discount for those with appointments at Sunnybrooke Hospital. The bed was very comfortable. Mirrors on the closet doors allowed full length viewing of clothes.

The price of the room didn’t refelect the quality.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Bathrooms were extra small. First room we were in didn’t feel clean. Construction right under the window. So we were moved. The rooms look a lot nicer online then they actually were.

Some staff were friendly. Some weren’t. Breakfast was nice. And I liked the location.

Very pleasant and what we expected
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. Location was good with plenty of bars/cafes/restaurants in the vicinity. 5 minute walk to nearest subway station with regular trains into city.

We were not informed of construction noise outside of hotel,
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Rooms need to be updated, air con needs to be updated was very noisy, door entry cards to room needed to be updated after three days.Constuction noise outside hotel.The door didn't close quietly on leaving the room and may have disturbed other guests.

Friendly staff, location

Rude staff and outdated hotel. Stay somewhere more central
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The staff were extremely rude and unhelpful. It's outdated and not near much but the subway is easy enough to access. Also was next to a building site which woke me up early each day and don't expect a view of the city.

It was cleaned regularily

• Deluxe Room

The construction was somewhat inconvenient posing a safety problem The hotel parking/reception area is conjested Your attendant was great

Way out of town but close to a metro station.

Soulless

Way out of town but close to a metro station. Booking.com should make it clear how easily accessible city centres are from featured hotels, fortunately all worked well.

Bad breakfast
    • Deluxe Room

The breakfast was really not that good. The tables were always dirty and the sign says to wait to be seated, but some days they seat you, other days they just ignore you, other days they tell you to sit anywhere. The food is very basic and considering how busy it can be, there is no reason for some of the food trays in the buffet to be empty. As a business traveller, I had a business-related need for an exception to the valet parking rule which was denied. I understand there are rules, but when I stayed for a week which I was told was "long", you'd think an exception could be made.

The bed was comfortable.

Room cleanliness is not up to expectation.
    • Standard Two Double

The carpet in the room was extremely dirty, it was sticky. Hotel does not provide slippers, we had no choice but to wear out shoes in the room. No kettle in room, challenges to get staff to deliver hot water. Coffee & tea making is only for two, even though we paid for 3 for the room.

Buffet breakfast was superb. They allowed us to store luggage for a day before we check in.

Good , girls in the dining room excellent as well, I forgot to mention earlier.
    • Superior Deluxe Suite

The bathroom. The toilet overflowed very early in the am . Was a quick t Response. This is the 2nd time this has happened to us in a stay at your hotel. They took off the parking fee for us 18.00. Dated, toilets should be higher etc. Some of the plug ins were loose for charging. Colours in the suite seemed dated as well to me. Thank you for reading. Elaine stevenson

Yes The breakfast Would like to see crispy bacon added if possible Room very large but next time will just ask for the next size down for just the two of us. Amir very helpful to me in putting the wi fi on my l pad. Nice location.

10 minute walk from the subway station.
    • Superior Deluxe Suite

It was cold at night in late August (15 C), and the hotel had not yet turned on the heating system. The first night was shivery. The second night was better but not great after they gave me a portable heater. The main fuse blew in the morning when the heater and hair dryer were both on. Fortunately, we were about to leave when this happened.

10 minute walk from the subway station. OK breakfast.

Happy to leave
    • Deluxe Room

The place, like many in Toronto was shabby and did not look clean. Parking too expensive. It is quite a way out unless you have a car, but then stopping and parking a big issue at present due to the extensive building works everywhere.

The bed was extremely comfortable, the staff were friendly and helpful

The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I would stay here again, should I return to Toronoto.
    • Standard Two Double

I have no complaints with this property. I could not really judge the property location as I do not know Toronto.

Breakfast was always fresh and warm. The staff was super friendly. Unfortunately I had to leave a day early but the staff worked with me in my receiving a refund for the one night. I very much appreciated them.

We stayed in a queen suite.
    • Deluxe Suite

The manager who checked us in was rude and disrespectful. He was rude to us and his employees. Room had a musty smell

We stayed in a queen suite. It was a decent size on the top floor. Room includes a fridge and microwave. All the employees except the manager were very friendly. The location is perfect! Close to tons of restaurants, loblaws, shoppers and dollarama.

We liked the saty and confort but breakfast and facilities could be much better
    • Standard Two Double

The curtains of room let enter the light. No safety box available Breakfast was poor. Lack of cheese, salads, natural juice, etc Egsin breakfast were normaly very dry and bacon only sometimes available

Beds comfort and cleanliness, tea or coffe facilities at the room

Continental breakfast very good.
    • Standard Two Double

The bathroom amenities were not really enough (the quantity of soap was quite poor). A microwave oven in the room might be handy.

Continental breakfast very good. The room was very comfortable.

Glad there was a valet because the parking is very tight
    • Premium Room

Nice to have free breakfast but the sausages were terrible. Staff very friendly though at restaurant.

Glad there was a valet because the parking is very tight

You either had to sit in your room or leave property,no where to relax outdoors
    • Standard Two Double

The pool was closed and was not mentioned at booking. There was no outdoor sitting areas, we are smokers and there were no ashtrays on site.

The bed was very comfortable, the shower was great pressure and temperature

didn't really enjoy my stay, smelled like smoke.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

didn't really enjoy my stay, smelled like smoke. in the morning waited approx. 10 mins in line for breakfast was not able to wait any longer as I didn't know how long it would take .

Staff was super rude, place was clean.

Our room smelled like mold and cigarettes. They told us to buy our own candles and febreeze. There were also hidden fees they did not mention. They blamed it on booking.com

The breakfast was nice, for this to be a 3 star it was actually clean.

Decent, but over priced.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Staff was very pushy and constantly asking for ID when coming and going. Breakfast was a disappointment.

Big clean rooms. Okay view. Nice location for august long weekend activities.

Complimentary breakfast was great, choices eggs, toast,...
    • Standard Two Double

Parking was 18.00/day wish I knew ahead of time.We had the hardest time getting washcloths & towels, when we asked they wanted to know how many ppl where in the room, when we checked into the room. There were only 2towels

Complimentary breakfast was great, choices eggs, toast, French toast, cereal or oatmeal. While you had to pay for parking, it was valet, which I enjoyed especially when out partying. Location was great walk for food, drinks and shopping, from halal to Brazilian steakhouse. Room was spacious there were 5 of us we fit comfortably 2 queens & sofabed, clean! We checked with beds&sheets w/UV light

Female staff are professional, courteous , friendly and...
    • Deluxe Room

Male staff are rude and abrupt. Breakfast is absolutely awful. The breakfast room is very depressing

Female staff are professional, courteous , friendly and helpful

Browse The Roehampton Hotel traveller photo gallery