Reviews of Travelodge by Wyndham Niagara Falls Bonaventure 3 stars

5.9

6.1

5.9

6.1

First room provided was run down, broken bed and smelled of stale smoke. New room provided was more up to date and smoke free. Little far from the Falls. Would be nice to have a small fridge in room.

Internet service was good, Indoor and outdoor pool, free parking, breakfast at additional charge was good value.

Gym very old machine. Air conditioner was making loud noise due to broken support (we couldn't sleep the whole night) too much dust in the carpet.

Just the bathroom

The room was tired. It was a non smoking room but smelled smokey. Had a door that connected to a smoking room.

Was reasonably priced. Staff friendly. Location was good

Nothing I love it

It was the cutest hotel I ever stayed at and I stayed at a lot before, working for an airline. It might be a family owned hotel. Every single staff was caring and super nice. Place was cleaned so well. My trip was mostly for leisure but my work company flew me over for a meeting. I'd come back again in May and bring my mom

The front desk staff were fast and efficient. They offered us a vacant room inside the hotel part as opposed to the motel part where we had been booked. We were interested in using the pool so it saved us getting bundled up to come into the hotel. the pool and hot tub are under renovation but open and were fantastic. The hotel was clean and a very good location.

• Queen Room - Smoking

I didn't like having to leave

Well it started to be a horrible trip we had reserved a hotel across the st and they treated me bad turned me away with no reason and I tried anoither hotel and same then I came to travel lodge people were amazing to us the manger went over and beyond my wild dreams. 😊 to say the least . Very clean nice rooms with its of room great location , and staff members amazing I've actually came back 3 times because of my amazing stay . I recommend if ur coming to Niagara falls com e here no need to pay too dolor for great rooms .u can get it better here for cheaper thanks again , great pool hot tub .😊 very enjoyable place

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The electrical outlets were leaking waterOutrageous . The quality was pore . We were charged more then we were suppose to be , as well as denied refund or even trying to work something out for the misunderstanding ... on top we were rudely told we would have to pay $7 per day for a microwave and $10 for a fridge per day extra ; for our 14 day stay ... Very disappointed

Pool area is not in best shape need some repairs but useable.

Location, price, free parking. Close to everything. Staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Queen Room - Smoking

Small tv in room. Gym could use a little updating.

Friendly staff. Clean rooms even if they lack modern furniture (very clean still). Right by a store and the price was right.

The bed was dirty and the rooms did not have enough heat or didn’t work booking tells you one price once you there is doble the price

The front desk is rude and the blankets show cigarette burns and the beds stink the rooms are cold

The beds weren't really comfortable. The heater was too much, and the door was hard to open. But for the price, I wasn't surprised with the quality of the room.

Friendly staff.

• Queen Room - Smoking

The bathroom sinks were not very clean looking. As well every time we left and returned to the room our keys did not work and we had to walk to the front desk to have them reset.

Wish i had a booked a room in the main hotel, had to walk outside to get to the in door swimming pool and for breakfast.

The beds were comfortable, room was clean. like the idea i could pay for my breakfast with my room.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We noticed upon check in that the room was cold. We found that the room was cold due to the heating unit not working. The unit itself had control knobs and buttons that were not connected or did not work. We heard a strong wind whistling through the window and we found the bedroom window to the exterior of the hotel was left open which we promptly closed. There were no extra blankets for the room either. We notified the staff concerning both issues and the staff was attentive and helpful by attempting to fix the heater( they were unsuccessful) and providing extra blankets and a portable heater. They also offered us a new room, however we did not want to take a chance on finding another poor heating unit and we already unpacked our things in preparation to go out sightseeing. The bathroom exhaust fan made a clanking creaking noise upon using the bathroom that was very uncomfortable. Needless to say, on a cold night this was definitely not the place to stay.

• Queen Room - Smoking

Great service I tried to go to another place and ended up back here within 15 mins of seeing the other motel. They got me in earlier and were very sympathetic to the situation. Amazing food at the diner downstairs. I've stayed here many times and will probably stay many times more !

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff looked very unhappy, staff sitting on the desk, not very professional. Mould on the handle in the shower in our room. Will not be returning to this location.

That it had a pool/hot tub

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The rooms were dirty there was dirty needles in our room and drug bags on the floor by bed my daughter went to check and see if phone was plugged in and almost got prick by needle. i know they cant help who stays in there hotel but they should make sure rooms are clean

There was a great breakfast place that was part of hotel it was one of the best place we bine to great staff im not sure of the name but tyey made our stay

1st night,room was a dump: no fire alarm cover, ceiling tile in bathroom was on floor on arrival, toilet was broken, so I fixed it. Room smelled musty, the beds were hard and the carpeting stained.

Desk staff person Yolanda was very helpful. She convinces us to stay our second night and offered us a better room. The first room was a dump.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

One bar of soap and no dish for the soap.....the carpet was stained and dirty looking, I was afraid to walk barefoot. All the chemical smells gave me a headache. The staff was pleasant.

• Queen Room - Smoking

There isnt anything i dont like about this motel. I would say the pool area needs some upgrades but thats about all.

Ive went to this motel many times and have always enjoyed my stay. The staff are always friendly and have always been very quick to accomadate anything you need.

Very old bed spreads and the carpet has permanent stains. The sink should be changed as it has stains and looks very old. Just cosmetic spruce-ups.

Large room

• Superior Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything felt super dirty, the fire alarm went off about 5 times both at 2 am and continuously on and off around 8 am. The bed was smaller than promised.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms and corridors, whilst clean, are very old - the hotel could do with a refresh. There was also a party in the car park when we got there around 10pm, which I thought was annoying some of the hotel patrons.

A well-located hotel, with comfy rooms, albeit it's a very old hotel building. Evelina on the front desk was outstanding, checking us in speedily and professionally, whilst ignoring her extremely unprofessional and rude colleague (boss?) who shouted at her whilst storming through reception. It took us about ten minutes to drive there from Niagara Falls.

The rooms could use a fridge.

The rooms were run down but clean. The girls in the restaurant were great and very helpful and the food was also good and filling. The location is not bad. You are far enough away from the noise of the main tourist area and it is only a one hour walk to the falls.

The beds are not so good n my daughter hurt herself getting out of the bed as there were 2 iron thing coming out of the bed. The toilet was clogged n when we complained they said they didnt hv a plumber on site. The hair dryer was not working too.

We didnt like abything at the property. The rooms which we got were on the 2nd floor n the staircase was filthy full of spider webs n filthy smell too.

Not to much other then the bed was a little hard. I like them softer but that's just me. Not really a problem......

Pool area was great. Pool towels coulda been alittle bigger tho. Bed was a little hard. Staff at the front desk were great. I would recommend this motel too anyone. Personally....i dont understand why its getting bad reviews because it's a descent place over all.

No laundry facilities :(

Amazing friendly staff, clean rooms, in and outdoor pool. We had the room with the jacuzzi tub and we loved it, it was so easy to settle in and feel like we were “at home!”

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Clean and tidy. Was quiet. I was on the 3rd floor. For the price it was good enough for sleeping which is all I did there. I would stay again for sure.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room wallpaper was starting to come off! There was gum on the wall by the headboard! Someone killed a bug on the washroom wall and it was there when we came in smooched! The walls are paper thin. Could hear conversation from room next store and their nightly excursion :( people was running up and down the haaking noise after the bars was out at 3 in the morning. We finally had enough and left at 4am to head home so we could finally sleep! We told checkout why they didn't say anything no sorry no refund NOTHING will never stay there again

• Queen Room - Smoking

The hotel needs updating. The carpet is damp. The bedding was ripped. The room looked worn, way past its prime.

The location. The staff were super friendly and helped us out.

• Superior Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We got a room that was never cleaned ! Bed was not dressed rubbish was in the garbage bin . Towels were used . Hairs in the shower and toilet . Soaps and shower gels all used . Bath tub still had water left it in

I had to ask about the breakfast that we had bought. The staff didn`t even know what I was talking about. He asked the manager and she seemed VERY IRRITATED that she was having to be bothered. She told me I could go and she would have the coupon delivered to our room. I had to call and inquire again before it was delivered to the room. Pool was cold.. A little shocking to jump in and realized the pool wasn`t heated.

The restaurant was good. Food was good and well priced. Staff very friendly.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Shower didnt work Towel so thin and smsll 4 people only 1 per person Air conditioner horrid Pool dirty hot tub make feet red too hot Water everywhere HORRIBLE

It was horrible

I had to stay in a dog room because I had my dog with me and the room smelled like pee. Pee stains on carpet.

It has a nice restaurant called Laurie's.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Decor was outdated but everything worked. Quality was still good on bed, furniture and bathroom fixtures.

Room was large and clean. Elevator available. Restaurant on site. Plenty of free parking.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The beds are very uncomfortable

Not too far from downtown attractions, too far to walk but there's buses that take you there and it's not expensive

• Queen Room - Smoking

I booked a no smoking room and got a smoking room, I booked the 1st flr. and got the 3rd flr. there was a price difference. I was too tired to argue with the staff about this.

The facilities were not properly cleaned. The ac broke on our last stay and the other people staying there were extremely loud. They did not try to fix it or help us in any way- I was told by the front staff to talk to a manager, conveniently none were working before we left. I called multiple times that day, was guaranteed on multiple occasions they would contact me but they never did. I lodged a formal complaint through the website they used and they refused any compensation and complained about my "number of phone calls" however if they had just talked to me (the professional thing to do) it would not have been an issue. Rude staff, unprofessional managers who do not do their job and terrible facilities do not stay here, find a different hotel

Nothing! Everyone was rude, unhelpful and was extremely disappointed with the room and the accommodations (dirty hot tub, rooms not cleaned like they should be, etc...)

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Chairs outside to sit on and one was broken. Tv was too small. Room could have been a bit nicer inside.

Location was good. Staff was super nice! Room was ok. Pool looked nice but didn't use. Overall good for the price.

having for pay $7.00 for a fridge was ridiculous heater/ac didn't work properly

bed was very comfortable the room was very clean went out for the day and came back to a room with clean towels, beds made etc.

We didn't like the overall look of our room. The carpet was stained and worn out in many areas. The door latch was torn off and half the trim on the door was ripped off. There were many things in the room that were unclean. It didn't make our stay very comfortable. It would also have been nice if the indoor pool was heated.Since the motel features two pools. It was like ice water.

The location was ok, not too far from the main attractions. The staff was friendly.

• Superior Queen Room - Smoking

The decor was worn and dated. It made the room look dark and dingy. Carpet was torn in many spots; drains were slow in sinks - took all night before one sink drained out. Had to hold the toilet handle down to flush.

The whirlpool tub was great, when I finally figured out how to turn it on.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We have two small Maltese poodles who are very clean and well behaved. The charges per dog is too high !! At $25 per pet only for one night is too much and very unfair. That 's 50 dollars!! Plus a $ 100 dollar security deposit. Also upon entering the room was a strong odour near the door inside. Unpleasant. Should put automatic airfreshner in the room. The heater / air conditioner was old and NOT working.

We checked in late. Were helped to off load luggage to the room. The cleaning / room service staff were very friendly and great with the dogs the next day. The checkout staff were friendly.

Rooms were dirty both smelled like cigarettes although It was non smoking signs of fighting in the room. Dented and scratched broken walls, doors, railings won't return with family

Accomadated sisters dog

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed needs to be change there old and very uncomfortable....so with the beddings needs new one to be more attractive to stay in.. ..

The location was pretty good...got a room right away when we check in.Staff warmly welcome there guest.....

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

It was very clean and comfortable the staff was very accommodating and courtius. The hotel is quiet. We had a good time at the Travelodge Bonaventure.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No shuttle service if you booked through an agency. Staff was ok, never went to resturant too expensive for what you received. Pool hours were too short. Hot tub out of service also.

• Standard Room

I think they need to do a renovation in the full building. The carpet looks duty and they don't have micro wave and freezers in suite.

The place is very quiet, very good to relax.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Staff miserable, slow and unhelpful. Despite advertising, 1-day WeGo passes not available in hotel. Not informed that for discount rate breakfast had to be booked at time of check-in (for any day during stay). No option to request ground floor rooms. When asked we were told you have to take what you get!

Outside pool area lovely although a few umbrellas to provide some shade would be useful. Convenient for WeGo transport system. Free parking!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The inside needs Reno and furniture all braking but they charge a hundred dollars deposit for damages I am waiting for my money back

The outside building only

It's a little old and the work out machines weren't the best but still functional.

The restaurant and the hotel staff were lovey. The pools were nice and cool as well.

Price for what you get. The first room was supposed to be non smoking and wreaked of smoke. Bothered me and the kids. they changed us rooms and the second one was ok. we tried to go to fitness and pool area. pool was cold, hot tub was dirty looking and out of order. we tried. fitness equipment. most of it was broken and did not work.. Kids told me they didn't like the hotel or staying there.

The one staff person was nice and changed our room because of smoke smell.

The on-site restaurant is terrible: breakfast service was so slow, families were walking out. When the food did arrive, it was barely edible. The indoor swimming pool is freezing and over-chlorinated. House-keeping leaves a bit to be desired: they barely make beds and change towels--no real cleaning takes place. There is a great covered walkway but no chairs outside the rooms to enjoy it.

The room is larger than most and the location is really good.

The hotel is old and in need of renovations badly. The first female staff member was NOT friendly, didn't smile or look at us as we were waiting at the counter. She didn't even look up at us or tell us she would be with us shortly. She wasn't with another customer nor on the phone nor speaking to another staff so I think we should have been her priority, not her computer. When I told her we were there to check in, her response was "Name?" A full sentence, smile & a welcome would have been nice. She wasn't dressed appropriately, she was wearing a dress showing a lot of cleavage. I don't want to see that nor do my children. It's inappropriate & distracting. Her hair was not washed & greasy in appearance. The next day, her hair was up but not washed as still greasy and her young daughter was behind the counter with her. She refused to remove the extra tax. When their debit/credit POS machine said "communication error" she assumed my card was declined due to non-sufficient funds & said "it didn't go through" with out reading the screen as to why & it turned out to be a system error, not non-sufficient funds. I will not go back to this hotel nor recommend it to anyone.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Hotel ran out of cutlery , and that was an inconvenience .

The pet friendly atmosphere, that was really neat. would definitely visit another per friendly motel or even this one.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The first room they gave us was awful, very old couch, stained curtains, stained worn out rugs, awful stains in bathtub could not stay there so staff were accommodating and changed our room. Room was better but this hotel needs serious updating, toilet was stained, holes in curtains just very old inside peeling wall paper air conditioner was ok but noisy. From the outside it looks very nice but needs updating on the inside. The staff were very friendly and accomodating which made the stay better.

The staff were awesome

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Wish we had known what the breakfast special was before we bought it online or could have upgraded it. No tv remote in the room.

Within a 5 minute drive to the falls

Pool cellin is nasty. The handle to get into pool is unsafe. Work out machines are broken unsafe. Room smells and ceilings are nasty. Blow dryer didn't work. They wanted to charge extra for a fridge this place needs an update it's disgusting. And not even any breakfast or option to eat. Way to expensive. Very outdated. Save your 140 bucks book elsewhere.

I could park in front of my room.

The "non-smoking"room reeked of cigarette smoke. The room we were moved to was smaller. The hot tub was scummy and half the jets were broken.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was only average and seemed tired. The towels were thin and scratchy. The staff were tired and over worked. The pool was crowded, terribly noisy and unsupervised.

the parking was convenient

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was a total disaster, the beds unless are undo they do not change anything, one of the beds clearly someone has sleep there without undoing it. The washrooms had spider webs, I called to fix some lights that weren't working, one of the rooms smell like cigarettes, the TV that wasn't working either and nobody came. For the price that I paid was a TOTAL WAIST OF MONEY.

NOTHING, the service is horrible

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We were moved to a honeymoon suite, and the heart-shaped tub jets didn't work. The motor could be heard, and you could feel the vibration of the motor; however, though we had opened the valves as the directions indicated, not much came out of 2 out of 6 jets and nothing out of the other 4 jets.

The pool was a little cool the first day, but day 2 and 3 were pretty good. The Jacuzzi was the perfect temperature by day 3. The bathrooms were clean and the rooms neat, tidy and clean. The restaurant is excellent value for money. Though we had driven by car, it is easier to get around by public transit, WEGO, if you are there for sightseeing. Better than trying to find parking and getting stuck in a jam downtown Niagara.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms were dirty! Stains on the box spring. The bed was hard, like they forgot to put a mattress. The toilet would not even flush their cheap toilet paper!!! The shower had the most inconsistent flow. The front staff when we checked in were rude; when we checked out the one lady we walked up to, who was doing nothing, said 'she can help you' and pointed at the lady going through paperwork. This lady was quite pleasant and the only thing that me smile at this hotel. We were very unsatisfied with their price and what we received in return. We will not ever stay at this Travelodge again!!!

When they made up our room they left dirty towels. Didn't replace aNY shampoo toilet paper or kleenex. The jacuzzi (hot tub) was shut down. It had caution tape around it so we could not use it. Outdoor pool was dirty

The staff at front desk were pleasant.

Beds were a little uncomfortable

The on site restaurant was closed while we were there. The coffee machine in the room didn't work, so we notified housekeeping and the front desk.

The hotel was very outdated, mattresses were very uncomfortable (woke up with sore back), tv was very small.

Liked the pool access (indoor and outdoor), staff were friendly, quiet

• Superior Queen Room - Smoking

Had to get a 2nd room because 1st wasn't cleaned. Sauna and Hot tub was out of order. Workout equipment wasn't worth trying to use cause it either was RUSTED out or wasn't working.

The staff was great. Very accommodating to your needs.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A few things were in need of repair or freshening up TVs are ancient and didn't work well Pool needed to be cleaned

Comfortable and clean beds Staff was friendly Great pools

all light broken in the room, we have just one lamp. We ask the girl on the evening but she was working alone and can't find and the carpet look always wet and look so durty

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hot tub was too hot and the pool was too cold.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Lots of good restaurants and entertainment and shopping .

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel, decore is outdated, swimming pool water is kept at freezing 60 deg F, hit tub is out of order, microwave is nasty never been cleaned and it stinks, HVAC system hasnt been cleaned in years and is a breeding ground for all the bad germs

The restaurent that is not part of the hotel at all

Restaurant is not operated by Hotel. Reception staff tried to charge us a higher rate compare to our booking.com rate. We needed to cross check and spend another 30 min to resolve the issue and get back some adjustment credits.

2 swimming pools. Fairly well maintained

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I asked for a wheelchair accessible room however there was a step up into the room which was difficult to navigate with a wheelchair. A power wheelchair would not be able to get into the room and a manual wheelchair would need lots of help getting up the step.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was kind of away from the Niagara Falls. Plus, we came with 3 people with 2 full size beds accommodation and the room was only for the maximum of 2 people. I had to make several trips to the front desk to ask for additional towels, soaps, and shampoos.

The hotel surrounded with lots of shops with easily accessible with short walking distance

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

the originally room they gave us smelled like smoke and it was supposed to be non-smoking, but they moved us to a room in the main building

I liked the cost the most.