Reviews of Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa 5 stars

849 Verdier Avenue, V8M 1C5 Brentwood Bay, Canada

#1 of 2 hotels in Brentwood Bay

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Great location, good food, fantastic staff. All in all this is a very "accessible escape".
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sea View

Nothing serious to complain about. The street side signage could be made just a bit more visible, but I understand the challenge of trying to respect the residential neighborhood where the resort is located.

Nice location right there on the bay. We enjoyed a fantastic dinner in the main restaurant. Our waitress, Genevieve, was truly wonderful. Even though we did not take advantage of the Spa (which is likely why most would stay here) we still enjoyed our stay. We opted to explore more of the local area instead of spending time in the Spa.

Awesome Resort in a Great Location

Can't think of anything!

We liked the persistence of the Sunday night staff (9/15) to ensure our broken safe was repaired so we could retrieve our passports. They were apologetic & respectful of taking time in our room while trying to resolve the problem. Sorry I don't know their names but most all the front desk staff were involved in resolving the case of the broken safe. Please give kudos to those involved. Thank You!

Very nice suite with a great view.
    • King Suite with Partial Sea View

Low water pressure on shower.

Very nice suite with a great view. Very comfortable with gas fireplace, comfy king size bed, jacuzzi tub and awesome housecoats.

It was our 45th anniversary and I was really looking forward to the jacuzzi tub in the upgraded room
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sea View

A few mixed reviews. We had a confirmation that our room had been upgraded to the deluxe ocean view. However, it wasn't what we were given. I realize I could have complained but didn't bother. The room was nice. We had three meals while there, one in the pub and two in the dining room. While the first two meals were great, the staff were great, I was not particularly happy with the staff at breakfast. After we received our meal, we were completely ignored, not even asking if I wished a coffee refill or how our meals were. That is unacceptable. And I was surprised there wasn't a hair dryer in the bathroom.

It's a beautiful place with a very comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

The location was perfect for my needs
    • King Suite with Partial Sea View

The fire alarm went off in the middle of the night . It went on for ages . I called reception and the person couldn’t tell what was happening . I asked if I need to evacuate again no info . It went on for ages . Turns out there was a fire . Apart from layer getting a short email apologising for the inconvenience. Everyone acted as if nothing happened. When checking out the staff just acted like completely as if nothing happened until we asked and it was treated like a casual reply . No apologies nothing offered or discount or anything to make the guest frel better . The fact that at these rates , I expect the handling of this situation could be more professional especially as my whole night sleep was ruined and I was only staying the night . Very disappointing.

The location was perfect for my needs

A luxurious stay was a great birthday gift for myself!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Sea View (2 Adults/2 Children)

Loved the views from the room looking out onto the bay, having a hot tub on your deck for personal use was also a delight. The spa services were excellent.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Perfect room, views, giant tub, awesome service & restaurants.
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sea View

Took awhile to find the fridge, but it was there. Would have used the spa, but $400 is bit steep, even for a couple's massage. Minor issues... Their TV was big and nice, but some dangling cable came out. So i hooked up my computer, but was lucky enough to have my own HDMI. Netflixd from that point. Shower door wouldn't seal all the way, still way awesome shower & tub.

Everything! I saw this on Booking at nearly 5-Star for half the Victoria hotels. Still, I almost thought I had been scammed when I drove up. All the signs are on the left with ugly buildings. I almost atr the cost and drove on. Made a u-turn.. so glad I did. Perfect room, views, giant tub, awesome service & restaurants.

Lovely resort, very clean, excellent & friendly staff.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Sea View (2 Adults/2 Children)

Hot tub jets didn’t work properly

Lovely resort, very clean, excellent & friendly staff. Definitely a 5star room. Wifi was amazing - kept you connect & full bars all the way to the pub.

Nice hotel
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Sea View (2 Adults/2 Children)

Not really suitable for families, our teenage son was not allowed in the pub which limited our eating options.

Very nice resort spa hotel with good facilities

Incredible resort in a stunning location

That I had to leave 😢

The best hotel I have ever stayed in! Free and convenient parking then we were greeted with a glass of local cider and personally escorted to our room and given cookies. The hotel is gorgeous and the room was amazing- whirlpool tub, private patio, huge room with beautiful furnishings. the restaurant is fabulous and the location is superb. I wanted to move in 😀 i can't believe the value for such an outstanding hotel and I will definitely be back.

Would probably return.
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sea View

Wooden bedframe sticks out six inches around the king size bed. You hit it a lot and leave with bruised shins. A frail person could quite easily break a leg running into the frame.

Loved the location (adjacent to the ferry). The view was lovely over-looking a marina. Room was attractive with fire place and comfy chairs in front. Great deck, partially covered.

May Getaway
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sea View

My only complaint is that checkout was at 11, but they also stopped serving breakfast at 11, so for anyone hoping to have a later breakfast before they leave the timing is a bit awkward.

The location is excellent and the private patios connected to the rooms are fantastic. The area is full of local wineries, breweries and a great cidery, and the rooms are perfectly equipped to let you BYOB and enjoy on the patio watching a spectacular sunset. The heated pool was also a highlight! We'll definitely be back :D

We would stay here again!
    • King Suite with Partial Sea View

We came upon some locked gates and doors while on our walk. I realize they are there for security purposes, but I wish we had been better briefed (with passwords etc.)before we headed out. I had to go in and out of different doors, through the spa lobby, and to the front desk to get the passwords when I realized that we may get locked out. It would have been worse if we had gotten locked out! At breakfast, we were not allowed to eat outside where we saw people the previous evening. It was a little disappointing since the view would have been nicer. We were told that it was too cold outside (about 68F) but the patio is equipped with heaters and besides, I think I should have been allowed to make that choice since for us it was among the first nice days we had seen in quite a while since the long snowy winter and the flowers, trees, fresh air and view would have added greatly to our experience.

The room and the property had a simple yet luxurious feel. A great place for relaxation. Wish we had planned to stay longer and enjoy the spa services and pool, but we had to continue with our plans. It was perfect for us after a long day of travel. We enjoyed a walk around the area, a snack on our private patio, and a nice soak in the whirlpool tub in our room! We enjoyed a nice breakfast in the restaurant in the morning. Great location in a nice bay with view, boats, and small ferry. An easy drive from the Swartz Bay ferry terminal and on our way toward Butchart Gardens.

Beautiful inn and setting, yucky sad food.
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sea View

The restaurant was a huge disappointment... Ingredients were fresh but preparation/execution was extremely poor for the price. If the inn could fix their kitchen situation it would be a perfect place to stay.

The guy at the front desk remembered my name during my stay

A Gem of a place for a romantic get-away in a gorgeous location with amazing views.
    • King Suite with Partial Sea View

The food was excellent but the speed of the restaurant services- both pub and dining room - was slow and felt like a bit of a let-down for the caliber of the property. In particular, the friendliness of the service in the pub was poor. It was a busier weekend that fell on Mother's Day and it felt like that was not planned for.

The location, the property, and the views were extrodinary. The check-in service with the complimentary beverage was unexpected. Check-out was also very efficient.

Good hotel in Brentwood Bay, close to Butchart Gardens
    • King Suite with Partial Sea View

Pool and pool area were not very large.

The onsite Pub restaurant was very good especially the sushi and the selection of beers available. The hotel was also a short drive to the Butchart Gardens.

The rooms and views were stunning, it was a beautiful stay.
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sea View

The service at thee restaurant was just ok, we were at the restaurant minutes before closing and the kitchen was already shut down, the pub food was not great.

The rooms and views were stunning, it was a beautiful stay.

The bed was comfortable.
    • King Suite with Partial Sea View

Our room was on the ground floor which meant that we could not leave the curtains open very much since everyone walking by could see into our room.

The bed was comfortable. Food was good in the restaurant. We enjoyed the fireplace and two person whirlpool tub.

We’ll be back!
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sea View

The central heating fan is very loud. It woke us up several times throughout the night.

The service is beyond expectation. We couldn’t get our gas fireplace to start up and a front desk attendant was at our room within minutes to look at it. She couldn’t get it to work either but compensated us with a complimentary breakfast voucher as an apology. We definitely didn’t expect that!

Lovely room
    • King Suite with Partial Sea View

The way the building designed your room facing an outdoor corridor with easy access to the back of hotel with no security measures, also you have to wear winter gear during cold weather while going into the restaurant or other activities at the hotel because of the open corridor. I ate at both restaurant and the pub, the service was extremely slow.

I liked the view from the room, the room is nicely designed and has a fireplace. Staff is friendly and room is clean.

Room was very clean and comfortable.
    • King Suite with Partial Sea View

We found the dining room hours inconvenient. The in room refrigerator was full of mini bar items that we had to remove to be able to use it. The bathroom was luxurious, but the toilet stall was really tight.

Room was very clean and comfortable. Location was beautiful and quiet.

This resort is a lovely piece of paradise!
    • King Suite with Partial Sea View

We didn't like leaving! There isn't anything we can think of that the resort could have done better.

The bed was very comfy and the quilt was lovely. The room was extremely clean and had everything that we needed. The free cookies were excellent!

We would have happily given this resort 5 stars.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Sea View (2 Adults/2 Children)

Sadly, the hot tub was not working, the tv in the main area (living room) as also not working, and the jets on the bathroom tub were not working. The resort ended up giving us a discount to a room rate where there was no hot-tub ($80 off). But we were highly disappointed. It was our 5 year anniversary and we specifically chose this resort for the night because it had a separate room and an outdoor hot tub. We were hoping after our 2 year old went to bed, we could enjoy the views and hot tub... and then watch a movie together....sadly this was not the case.

We would have happily given this resort 5 stars. It is stunning... location, and the rooms and resort itself. (The food is excellent as well)

We could not be more grateful for the experience to mark our first anniversary. A haven!

Not a single thing.

Just as we arrived, our receptionist acted like a gracious host who offered us complimentary (spiked) sparkling cider, then proceeded to guide us through the facility directly to our room. We were already smitten by the time she opened the door, but... wow. The view was charming, the fireplace, the beautiful decor, the spa-bathtub for two, made us eel like we were in such a special place. And then we saw the fresh molasses cookies waiting for us, which made us feel like special guests. Every moment was sublime!

Amazing, we are going again in a few months.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Sea View (2 Adults/2 Children)

We enjoyed the scenery, the privacy. When we indicated on our door that we didn't need housekeeping we found they left a basket outside our door of fresh towels, tea, bath products etc. We loved that.

Comfortable stay in a beautiful location. Quiet and serene. The Resort needs a new Fitness Centre!
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sea View

I was struggling with my luggage and there were no offers to assist me with this. The resort could use a porter. The Fitness Centre facilities were very disappointing... almost non existent. If a fitness Centre is an important "need" for you, as it is me, this might be worth considering before booking. Limited in room dining.

The view was glorious. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room spacious and lovely.

A very relaxing place for my birthday celebration, the spa service was excellent also.
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sea View

The check out statement was poorly done and took time to get it sorted.

The dining room staff were very attentive and the dinner was excellent for our group of 11 people.

FAB-U-LOUS
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sea View

The resort served delicious, fresh baked cookies. So good you'll want to eat many more.

Fun destination for a girlfriends getaway and a visit to the gardens. Beautiful location, comfy rooms, and delicious meals. We loved our stay!

We stayed in a suite with a personal hot tub on the deck,...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Sea View (2 Adults/2 Children)

While we are very aware of our energy usage and preservation of our beautiful NW surroundings, the lighting in our room left much to be desired. Low light output bulbs are unnecessary in an age where ample light can be achieved without putting a drain on the energy grid. "Low light" applications have no place in a commercial establishment that has thought out the balance between being good stewards of the environment, and client needs. I would recommend the lodge reevaluate the aspect seriously. Other than the lighting, the facility was first rate, and we would return again.

We stayed in a suite with a personal hot tub on the deck, overlooking the ferry dock and distant islands. We used the hot tub on two consecutive evenings, and found it to be a great amenity. We also had a jetted tub in the master bath; used it once but the motor was quite loud. We used it the next night without the 'bubbles' and were very pleased. Breakfast (not included as part of our booking) was very good. We would visit again.

brilliant experience
    • King Suite with Partial Sea View

it was great best place to stay in wonderful location

best room by far, great food, great staff great massages for us as a couple not just a room but an experience

Spacious room, nice design.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Sea View (2 Adults/2 Children)

The hotel could not provide a baby bed. Luckily we had booked the suite so that the (quite uncomfortable) sofa could be converted into a second bed.

Spacious room, nice design. Pub and restaurant offer good quality food at reasonable prices.

Spectacular!
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sea View

The balcony tables needed umbrellas The sun was intense from the west and too hot to sit out and enjoy.

The wooden blinds on the bathroom so you could see Brentwood Bay all the time.

I will not recommend my friends this hotel!
    • King Suite with Partial Sea View

Very far from the city, expensive taxi, no entertainments, promised to give ride on the boat to the Batchart gardens and never did it...., charged me extra for staying in this hotel. Restaurant prices increased on the second day of my staying in this hotel...The pictures of hotel on ur website are not the same what I saw in reality...

Good bed, peaceful, good sleep

undecided
    • King Suite with Partial Sea View

The first issue was the driveway entrance to the resort, with the numerous vehicles parked on the street waiting for the ferry it made it dangerous and frustrating to not be able to drive into the resort complex. Secondly, we ordered breakfast on Sunday morning and when it was delivered, there was no raw sugar, no napkins. In one of the breakfast dishes we ordered Granola, fruit and yogurt when we began to eat the granola I found a large clump and in looking closure found it was piece of tin foil wrapped in the granola. I called to complain and a person from the restaurant came and got the clump. They also brought the sugar and napkins. The restaurant did not charge us for this breakfast as our appetites just was not there to complete any of our food.

We had a dinner at the complex and that was awesome. The friendliness and professionalism of the dining staff was very good. When we arrived a bit early, the check in staff had our room ready and that assisted us greatly. The view was second to none and sitting on the deck was wonderful. We attended a wedding at Willis point Road mansion on Saturday and chose this resort as it was only 20 minutes away from the wedding function.

Way overpriced for drab room.
    • King Suite with Partial Sea View

Small room, seemed cheap. Poor quality bath linens. Misrepresentation of luxurious king room with partial sea view. We were on ground floor looking out onto pool. About a foot of sea view! Bathroom is in bedroom with wooden shuttered window for separation.

Location for Butchart Gardens and Swartz Bay ferry.

Relaxing stay!
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sea View

Restaurant was disappointing. The menu looked great, but the food was either over or under cooked. Also, when we arrived the fire alarm was ringing for quite sometime due to a small kitchen fire. However, the deck was a wonderful spot to sit and have a drink in the evening.

Gorgeous rooms. The rooms have such beautiful views, and the bathrooms are so nice! I loved using the heated outdoor pool and hot tub.

Jacuzzi bath.
    • King Suite with Partial Sea View

Hotel is a little remote with no other eateries within walking distance

Jacuzzi bath. Coffee making facilities in room. Breakfast / dinner facilities on site

Extremely comfortable bed
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sea View

Attention to details missing - ie light on makeup mirror not working (was there for a wedding), hole in one of the towels (really? At a luxury resort?). Other than that, it was very nice.

Extremely comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

A Great Place to Relax
    • King Suite with Partial Sea View

The only disappointment we had was that we didn't book for two nights. Spending an extra night would have given us more time to enjoy the pool and spa facilities.

This is a beautiful location to relax and enjoy some much needed time away from our regular routine. We enjoyed a nice meal in the pub and then relaxed on the balcony of our room which overlooked the ocean and the sunset.

Romantic rooms with views!
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sea View

Beautiful romantic rooms with amaxing views.... an amaxing on location restaurant and bar. Amaxing staff and marina with many water sports! We were truley relaxed hard to get back to reality.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Relaxing and revitalising stay at the Brentwood Resort and Spa
    • King Suite with Partial Sea View

The bed was extra large and comfy. The vue was beautiful. The bubble bath tub in the room was great. We loved the food at the restaurant, and the complementary cider that they offer you upon arrival was a nice touch. We had a superb stay and we would definitely recommend this hotel to our friends and family!

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

Great balconies, and year round heated pool
    • King Suite with Partial Sea View

Pool could have been a little warmer and the hot tub was murky with a smell

Suite was very clean with lots of little goodies, bedding was crisp and comfortable. Balcony was great

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Beautiful resort
    • King Suite with Partial Sea View

I wish the breakfast was included, but it was good anyway. The pool and jacuzzi were out of service due to maintenance. A discount was applied but I think it would be nice to know in advance.

I enjoyed almost everything, excellent room, location, staff. If I ever go back to Vancouver island (I live in Portugal, not really close!) I would certainly return.

First Class
    • King Suite with Partial Sea View

I've had 4 Brentwood Bay experiences - the pub, international special request for an anniversary, staying at the resort and room service/transportation assistance. The staff are excellent, terrific food, absolutely lovely room and view. I highly recommend!

Romantic getaway
    • King Suite with Partial Sea View

Food at the pub and restaurant was a little bland but still pretty good. I had the chicken club and eggs Benny.

Bed was super comfy, bathtub and shower were awesome. Tub very long! View was amazing. Perfect romantic getaway. Don't forget your swimsuit for the hot tub!

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

shangrila in Canada

Only thing I didn't like is that I didn't book 2 days there instead of one

It was absolutely one of the most beautiful locations for resort but I have been to in a very long time and the added bonus it's only 5 km from the Butchart Gardens I will definitely be going again

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

ECE
    • King Suite with Partial Sea View

Nothing! Everything was great!

Beautiful scenery! Rooms were very clean and spacious. Beds, blankets and pillows were very comfortable. No noise was heard from other rooms. The reclining chairs were a bonus. Wonderful patio to sit at outside the room with a great view.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Perfection.
    • King Suite with Partial Sea View

Leaving. I wish I'd book many more nights.

Absolutely stunning view and location. The room was incredibly comfortable, clean, spacious and tastefully decorated. Will definitely go back.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Mother / Daughter Spa weekend getaway.
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sea View

Everything was great. Hoping to make this a yearly getaway for my daughter and myself. So handy to have everything there. We only ate at the pub but thought it had a super menu and a great atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

We ran away from our children for a weekend!
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sea View

Tried to book time in the spa a month in advance of our stay and they did not have any suitable availabilty. We were put on a waitlist but were never called.

Welcome cider and cookies! Fireplace! ocean view! Giant jetted soaker tub! Easy free parking! Yay!

Pretty scenery
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sea View

Not a warm place. Felt unwelcome or tolerated. For the price, a bit understaffed.

Waitresses in restaurant, not the pub, were great.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Hotel was relaxing wth amazing views. A wonderful way to end our trip on a high note.
    • King Suite with Partial Sea View

LIked everything nothing I didn't like.

Soft towels, fluffy pillows and comfortable beds. Amazing views of the bay. Cookies in room on arrival.

Excellent hotel.
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sea View

Excellent hotel. Fabulous room with a view. Perfect presentation. Loved th juice and cider on arrival. Very welcoming.

Brentwood Bay, a quiet,

Location, room, food, pool

Fabulous resort, beautiful location
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sea View

Can see why his gets such great ratings for short stays - lovely rooms, great location, helpful staff

Overall enjoyed our stay.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Sea View (2 Adults/2 Children)

Air conditioning was difficult to adjust. Travelling with 1yr old a microwave would have been useful.

Room was very comfortable.

Recharge, happy experience
    • King Suite with Partial Sea View

Good environment, Nice View!

It was a honeymoon stay and was marvellous

It was a honeymoon stay and was marvellous

I would definitely book again, we loved it!
    • King Suite with Partial Sea View

Everything, the view, the big soaker tub, staff were very friendly, it was very quiet, clean.

Heaven on earth!

Everything!

had a great week-end

quality property, but dated

location and view

Enjoyable

Nothing noted

Peace & quiet

On my list as a must return.

Longer visit.

Beautiful room with great views. Spa tub, fire place, lovely balcony , to enjoy the views. Great service.

Nicer than anything for a comparable price in Victoria.
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sea View

Noise. The air conditioning continued to whine all night even after it had been turned off.

The room was very nice and the view very pretty.

The rooms are beautiful and the water view is gorgeous.
    • King Suite with Partial Sea View

Would be nice to have some spa food like cold pressed juices.

The rooms are beautiful and the water view is gorgeous. The hotel is very quiet .

Brentwood
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sea View

Got lost trying to find it

Definitely 5 star in my book

Great place to relax
    • King Suite with Partial Sea View

All rooms have an amazing water view

A wonderful escape....

Everything!!

Very peaceful

Very peaceful

Fabulous place but disappointed about the jetted tub and hot tub.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Sea View (2 Adults/2 Children)

The jacuzzi tub was broken and the hot tub jets stopped working in the morning after we arrived

Wonderful, romantic. We extended our stay for another night.
    • King Suite with Partial Sea View

Microwave for leftovers or late night snacks.

We went into Victoria for most of our meals.

Enjoyed it so much didn’t want to leave !
    • King Suite with Partial Sea View

It was way better then the trump towers by far .

Loved the pool and hot tub❤️

view, bathtub, staff

cold room!

view, bathtub, staff

Brentwood Bay Resort is easily one of the best hotels we ever stayed at.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Sea View (2 Adults/2 Children)

Spacious room with wonderful beds and fantastic views. Staff super friendly, great food, we felt very well taken care of at all times. Pure bliss!

Good location, excellent maintenance staff, nice small touches

No grab bars in the shower or bath