Reviews of Best Western Hotel Universel Drummondville 4 stars

915 rue Hains, J2C 3A1 Drummondville, Canada

#4 of 9 hotels in Drummondville

The control box for the air conditioner had a green light on at all times.

Was surprisingly quiet being close to the highway. Staff was very friendly. Rooms were clean and comfortable.

Will never come back !

Bed was not comfortable Locks on the sliding doors were broken Carpet was wet Room was extremely small Bathroom was super small Room was not overly clean You could hear the people in the rooms next to me and above me It smelled like chlorine I. There

The lobby was nice

There was a wedding reception taking place during our stay,...

There was a wedding reception taking place during our stay, it was very noisy (music, people talking, dogs barking, went on all night). The room was very dated and black mold appeared to be visible over the bathroom door.

Comfortable stay in Drummondville

The gym was very disappointing. It was so small that it felt like working out in the closet. The equipment wasn’t even plugged in when I arrived.

The staff was very friendly and the beds were extremely comfortable.

It was OK but seen better

Not very clean. Our friend had a bed bug that was dead on her bed. Another friend had sand in her bed sheets. Didn't offer breakfast. Run down compared to pictures.

How easy it was to get there. Pool was OK.

Great place to stay

I appreciate that pets are welcome in pet friendly room. Unfortunately the room smelled like animals and the bathroom smelled of urine. Due to the late hour I didn’t want to make a fuss. It really didn’t have a bad impact overall and would gladly stay again and recommend to family and friends

I loved the beds.. they were so comfy and the fact they allowed pets was such a bonus as We travelled with our little dog. I loved that our room had a sliding door to outside!!

A very good stay!

The bathroom space was very tight.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating in both languages. The parking was very convenient. The Christmas tree was big and beautiful!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Overall, very good!

Very small split Bathroom! No room to put toiletries on counter! Toilet is very low and waist lot of water on every flush! Room had an excellent HD Tv, but only very low quality SD limited Cable Service! Doesn’t make sense!

Very comfortable bed and pillows. Spacious room and accommodation! Food and staff in the “in house Restaurant” are excellent!

We would stay there again.

The bathroom was small and there was very little room around the toilet. The elevator was inconveniently located a long way from reception.

Dinner in the dining room the night we arrived was excellent and the restaurant was open late. The breakfast was very good. The room was a good size and well set up. The bed was comfortable.

Fresh fruit at the breakfast

The facility is an older building and the decor needs serious updating. TV channel selection and quality of reception was very poor. Coffee quality in the restaurant was substandard.

Fresh fruit at the breakfast

Disappointed as a result of the above incident.

We didn't like the fact that our new truck that we just purchased earlier in the week got vandalized on the parking lot. It discouraged us so that we cancelled our holiday to Quebec City.We parked our truck in front of the hotel,thought it was safe. We weren't made aware of any possibility of such things happening. The cost of damage is $1,500.00 .

staff were courteous and answered question about the area. She had a group travelling at the same time but did attend to us quickly. Breakfast was great and these staff were great really enjoyed breakfast

Overnight in Drummondville

No fridge in the room

Very large, spacious king bed room, with thoroughly modern shower and a seperate sink and mirror area. Two comfortable wing back chairs and very nice selection of pillows for the very comfortable king bed. Large thick towels and we were able to open the doors on the balcony window.

Good location and room but a couple disappointments.

I did not like that for the first time, when I arrived at 3:10 PM, the front desk person would not let me in to the room until 4 PM. I was not even directed to the restaurant, the bar, or the lobby. When I returned at 3:55 PM, the front desk person made a big show of calling housekeeping. To add insult to injury, when I got to the room the beds were not made! So I had to get another room. The other thing that I did not like, was the clubhouse sandwich that I ordered. It was expensive and only hand a few small pieces of chicken, and a couple pieces of that microwaveable bacon. Disappointing.

I've stayed at this hotel before, and have always enjoyed it. It is easily accessible to the highway. It has a decent a pool, and the mattress was very comfortable.

As Above

The decor was inviting and we just perused the pool area as we were very tired from driving for 11hrs. The staff were very polite and spoke English well as our French is definitely not up to par. All in all it was a very satisfying experience.

It was okay. Kids liked the pool. Don't it was worth the dollars spent.

Hotel clerks not knowing what the breakfast options were for our 5 year old twins. Two different staff gave different information re Breakfast was free and Breakfast was a cost.

location, right off the highway

For the price a simple continental breakfast would be nice,...

For the price a simple continental breakfast would be nice, instead it cost us $40 for the two of us for breakfast at Cora's as we felt BW restaurant was too expensive. Tim Hortons was just a few blocks away we got something there second morning.

good

couldn't take the elevator since it was always busy & very slow. There were only 4 floors!

nice room for the price & good location right off the highway

Other than price this is a great place to stay.

Really the price is way too high for seniors and we should not travel during the summer months.

The bed was very comfortable and room clean and lots of space.

Priced right but no breakfast.

For the price we paid breakfast was not included. There was a dead bug and a clump of hair on the bathroom floor.

The beds were so comfortable. The hotel was easy to find and checkin was a breeze.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Will stay here again

Fitness centre is tiny and extremely hot (more so than the rest of the hotel). very hard to use free weights when there is more than 3 people in there.

Room was great and comfortable. Hotel was full and the room was still quiet. Pool area was great for the kids.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Great on comfort and price.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Beds

I agree with other feedback that the chlorine was pretty strong for the pool and the water for the hot tub seemed lukewarm. Got a slight headache sitting in that smell. The pool itself was amazing according to our boys aged 6, 9 and 12 and they didn't mind the chlorine. And while we thought 'wouldn't it be great to have a room that opens up to the pool', I appreciate the feedback that some people left that it's only good if u r ok with the noise level in the evenings and u don't mind the smell!

We just needed somewhere to stay along our route from Halifax to Toronto. Hotel was comfortable, seems like they were in the middle of renos but not bothered by the work. Price was great and while there was some misunderstanding of our reservations the staff was quick to find/implement solutions. We arrived late at 10pm and left around noon so didn't really eat at hotel.

Great spot to stay while travelling. Staff spoke both French and English.

Cable TV was at a minimum. No Sportsnet which was a bummer.

All major department stores were within 4 minutes of the Best Western and the main highway was within 2 minutes from the hotel.

Bed was comfy and that's it. This room I was placed in was absolute garbage.

The indoor pool was freezing and they put me in room 204 or 205 which has a sliding door for a view but it doesn't open and your window is staring in between floors at the conference room. This was a joke and I can't believe this room is actually allowed to be rented out. Seriously, take a look at my photo.

Nice room but too much money for value
    • Queen Suite

I stayed a week earlier and really lived the stay. On our way back from road trip we stayed and the room was very cold. A gathering took place right outsode our room in the garden and kept us up. There was black hair through the bathroom before we used it. And we were hare considerably more.

The staff are very nice

Heater was very rattly.

The service. No brakfast included.

Heater was very rattly. The room was quite expensive considering no breakfast included. The counter attendant was very blunt.

Would stay there again.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Beds

Great to be beside the pool but the chlorine smell was pretty strong in our room.

When traveling, it's nice to have expectations met. This did just that; a relief after a poor night at another hotel.

Booking is a rip-off

What I didn't like was when we left for vacation on the Monday I booked the room last minute and it was 159$ . On our way back from vacation booked the same room again last minute, but this time it was 269$. I used booking for all our rooms that week and noticed every time the rooms kept going up. One room cost me over 400$. There definitely keeping track of what you do and adjust the prices accordingly I believe. What a rip off. Will not be using booking ever again, and will definitely tell as many people to shop around.

Very clean room

great road stop for families
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Beds

Our room's sliding door opened right to the pool area. My kids loved that. The room was modern and clean and the beds were comfortable. Great value. Easy on/off the highway location

Good place to stay reasonable price for $116

Wonderful buffet breakfast for $12.99 each. Freiendly staff, clean rooms, good linens,nice size rooms, good wifi.. didn't use pool or any other things..

Great place to sleep but expensivevto eat!

The food is expensive!

The Beds are very nice. You can park outside your sliding door and walk right into your room. The parking lot is gated for safety. You can also book a poolside room amd walk right out to the pool!

The bed was very comfortable.

We had travelled all day and wanted to take a bath but the drain plug did not work so the water kept leaking out. I had to get my wife to put pressure on the drain plug during the time I was in the tub and vice versa. We stayed in room 316 and we reported the problem to the front desk at checkout time. I often wonder if any one reads those comments so if you are reading the comments please advise me that you have read them. Otherwise our stay was very good. Thank you. Gerald and Debbie Bryanton

The bed was very comfortable. the room was quiet

Hotel looks great on pictures when booking.

Parking lot outside where rigs are allowed to park Constant noise through the night when these trucks are trying to park

Hotel looks great on pictures when booking. Tired looking inside. Mostly meant for people who are looking for a place to stay on their way to their final destination. Outdated looking rooms

Comfortable hotel.

There were some renovations in the building - no noise, just unsightly. Also, our room backed onto the swimming pool so sometimes there was noise from people at the pool.

Very clean and comfortable, well-equipped room.

Good hotel but breakfast not included.

Breakfast was not included. Also, after the tub has been switched off, 20 mins later a fan comes on automatically and the noise it makes, is enough to wake the dead. What a racket. Even the therapeutic tub was noisy and woke my partner up when I used it.

Bed was very comfy. Tub was a therapeutic type and nice.

Easy to get to, friendly staff, clean and quiet.

I can't think of anything.

I've stayed here on all my trips to Toronto once I realized it was just off the highway. It is easy to get to and easy to get back on the highway. The staff is courteous and very helpful and are able to converse in English which is great as I cannot converse in French. Even though there were some renovations going on it the hotel was clean and the pool was made accessible through one of the regular rooms that led out to the pool. I left an article of clothing on my trip to Toronto. Housekeeping picks up anything left behind and records it by room and date and puts it in safe keeping. I was able to pick it up on my way back. The rooms are quiet and clean and the bed is comfortable. There is a restaurant on sight. There are also many places to eat nearby. There are gas stations close where I can fill up before I start out in the morning. Everything is easy to get to and this is where I stay. I don't even consider any other place. The main reason I started staying here is because it is pet friendly and at that time my husband and I had a medium size dog. The price is reasonable and being a senior that is important.

Was easy to find liked the idea of the parking lot at the...

Would have been nice to have an early morning breakfast.

Was easy to find liked the idea of the parking lot at the side of the hotel was secure was also easy get back on the trans Canada highway. Hotel was on the older side but clean

courteous staff, very convenient location

cleaning staff did not move chair when vacuuming and there was some stuff under it. When we drew this to staff's attention, we were given coupons for complimentary breakfast.

Beds were comfy. Renovations going on did not inconvenience us and shows promise for a contemporary new look. Breakfast buffet was extensive and excellent. friendly staff.

breakfast was very good.

The air conditioner did not seem to get very cold and it was very noisy

breakfast was very good. We had supper in the bar area and the food and waitress were excellent'

Great place to stop.

Restaurant inside too expensive. No continentsl breakfast.

Quick access from the highway. Comfortable bed. Restaurant next door great food and reasonably priced Spoke English. Fruendky

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Great location close to highway

We stayed one night at this hotel on our trip to Ontario from New Brunswick. The hotel was extremely easy to get to from the highway. Staff were friendly and helpful, room was clean and comfortable. The hotel has an on site restaurant which is convenient, but there are a good selection of other restaurants close by. We would stay here again on future trips.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Great hotel. Would stay again.

Attractive establishment. Lovely foyer. Comfortable beds. Nicely appointed bathroom. Excellent amenities: pool, restaurant. Located close to other restaurants, corner store, gas station, highway.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Bed and pillows comfortable,like sleeping on a cloud.

One garbage can had banana peel and apple core in it and wasn't from us.. no other complains otherwise.

Bed and pillows comfortable,like sleeping on a cloud.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Was closed to restaurants outside so we could walk over...

The noise during the night in the allway and the pool was too far from our room.

Was closed to restaurants outside so we could walk over there and take alcool without problem.

Great stay

Very slow check out in the morning, and it was no the fault of the two girls on the desk, as they were great. However there seemed to be a whole lot of business that they had to deal with. Certainly there has to be a better way to check people out. I have not experienced this problem at other hotels.

Everything was great. Staff very friendly.

Great hotel with friendly service.
    • King Suite

Tv service was terrible. They had problem with cable distribution throughout the hotel.

Differents choice available and fresh fruits. Great services , waitress always there to help and fast to respond to our demand.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

A surprising find...

Don't like the way they hold extra funds on the credit card in case you use the minibar. Although not charged at checkout this seems an unnecessary and slightly confusing setup.

The women at the front desk were very friendly and efficient. Location excellent. Good places to eat nearby.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Drummondville stay

We had had breakfast but do not have the appetite for buffet so ordered from the menu. Staff focuses on the buffet so our order arrived cold! It was "reheated" and therefore, the omelette was tough and tasteless.

Evening waitress was awesome. Her name was Katarina.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

not worth the money

The room was musty smelling almost like it use to be a smoking room that was never cleaned properly. The carpets are old and dingy and stinky. The place looks great from the outside but the rooms are a totally different story. When called down about the room and small the lady didn't speak English very well and was quite rude. Definitely would not stay here again we usually stay at holiday in but this was right off the highway and convenient might have been worth 60 a night but certainly not a plus and not what they were charging.

We ordered room service as breakfast was not included but what was delivered was great. Food good price same as restaurant and only 3 dollars to deliver. Bed was comfy

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Smell of pool chlorine thought the lobby

Smell of pool chlorine thought the lobby Lobby furniture at least 30 years old. Carpets everywhere absolutely filthy Doors to bathroom squeaks and wakes up companion Elevator near to be refurbished Furniture very old: computer chair was crying to be be dumped An unkept hotel

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Great location and comfy!

Staff at the front desk took longer than usual to acknowledge our presence and serve us :-(

The hotel location is very convenient, close to restaurant and attractions. Rooms are very comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Although convenient location, felt like we were ripped off for what we paid. No more Best Westerns!

Tub made noises when you stepped in it like there was no bracing beneath it. Elevator was dirty and floor was musty smelling. Very expensive for the type of room. Secure parking was not secure as gate stayed open. Garbage can at hotel entrance was overflowing with garbage can. No breakfast included with the price of the room.

Hotel was convenient for where we were travelling to.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

I have stayed at this hotel twice and have enjoyed my stay both times.

Wished there was a smoking room available, but we were on the first floor, so it was not bad to go outside to smoke.

Lots of comfy pillows. Bed was excellent.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Our stay in Drummondville

I didn't like the design of the bathroom. I prefer to have a lock on the while bathroom for more privacy instead on just on the part with the bath and toilet. Just a personal preference

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good and our waitress was great. The room was very clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

We were disappointed that no breakfast was offered.

We were disappointed that no breakfast was offered. We stayed at 3 other BW's during the summer, where we were served a delicious breakfast and this site was the most expensive of them all!

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Second stay

Skip the breakfast buffet if it's not included in the cost of your room. It's not worth the price charged.

Conveniently located just off the highway with several restaurant choices in the area.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Reception staff were very friendly.

Waitress in the restaurant was so mean and argumentative. Housekeeping tried to kick us out at 11:03 even though we had a 12:00 checkout. Also lots of hair on the bed spreads.

Reception staff were very friendly. Very welcoming and helpful! Hotel was in a great location!

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

Weekend getaway for mature siblings.

Lobby was dark, felt and smelled very humid. Not pleasant atmosphere. Reception employees were polite, not over friendly. Furniture was soiled (chair). Mattresses were too soft for our comfort. Housekeeping staff complaining in hallways within earshot of clients.😒

Location was very good. Good choice of restaurants within walking distance. Screened window that could be opened!

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Convenient but won't stay again

Our room was dirty. It was noisy. Our "pet friendly" room was carpeted and smelled of other animals. The carpet had food on it which our dog found and ate. There was garbage in our room from previous guests - beer cans and food wrappers. There was hair in the shower and the water didn't drain well. Overall, not a great stay. In contrast, our stay in the Edmunston BWPlus three weeks earlier was fantastic and truly a pet friendly room.

Easy to find and right off the highway.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Pleasant experience, would definitely stay again, and recommend to others.

Questioned if I was at the right place - didn't see Best Western signage.

Rooms very clean and comfortable,. Appreciated having a fridge in room. Convenient location, near highway.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

How to release energy after a long day travelling? With kids! Just add water!

Third floor hallway smelled of either old smoke or mildew.

Free newspapers, quiet room, location, staff were busy, stressed, but still focused on providing the best service possible.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Great stay!

One of the staff at the front counter went out of her way to help us order our supper, it was pizza. She ordered it for us as we could not speak French and it was the best pizza we have ever had. Thank you!

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

The pool and hot tub were excellent and just what we needed...

It would have been nice to have a door in the sink area. A complimentary breakfast would also have been nice.

The pool and hot tub were excellent and just what we needed after driving for so many hours. Parking was convient. Room was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Our stay was pleasant overall.

We had to get them to turn off the air conditioner We were freezing and there were no individual controls in the room.

Front desk staff spoke English and were very pleasant.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Would recommend to others

The temperature of the room cannot be controlled in the room anymore, you have to phone front desk to turn A/C on or lower temp or turn off. So our room temp was too cold, then too warm.

Staff were courteous and friendly. The room was clean and the bed was comfy. Very close to other amenities. Great parking. Quick check in and check out.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Comfortable room, easy access to hotel and room.

We arrived VERY late (hotel was aware of our arrival time) and they gave us a room overlooking the pool. Children began to swim (and scream) before 8:00 a.m. We did not get much sleep to prepare us for the rest of our long journey!

Comfortable room, easy access to hotel and room.

won't be back

very poor internet plus the elevaters were so slow or did not work most people had to use the stairs and the air stayed cold.very cold

Convience and restaurant on site.

Hot tub. Not for a hotel. It was small and a personal one.

Convience and restaurant on site. Very nice. Food was awesome

Close to highway.

Close to highway.

The room was too warm.

The room was too warm. Air conditioner was set too high. Would not cool room to a comfortable temperature.

Great comfy layover on our way to Quebec city

room faced atrium - had chlorine smell from pool below

everything was good

we have liked to have a microwave in the room.

everything was good

The carpets washed dirty with dogs hair

The carpets washed dirty with dogs hair

It was like a two star.

It was like a two star. Infact it felt like a cheap old motel. With untastefull decor n orange rec and yellow curtains.

Hot tub

Hot tub Secure parking

Pool was good for kids

Found a dead bug in our bed Price quoted online wasn't even close to what we had to pay.

Pool was good for kids