Reviews of Best Western Ville-Marie Hotel & Suites 4 stars

3407 rue Peel, H3A 1W7 Montréal, Canada

#58 of 134 hotels in Montréal

Good enough but restaurant poor

The restaurant had a poor selection for breakfastand the overall service and standard did not match up to the hotel. The owners have recently taken over so maybe they'll realise the need to up the service and choice.

Lovely room, helpful and friendly hotel staff in a convenient location.

Great location but the property was a bit dated!

We arrived from Toronto at 10.30am or so & had to wait around till the dot of 3 pm to check in. That was tiring esp as we had been travelling the last few days from one city to another. The reception staff were not that friendly & willing to accomodate our request for an earlier check in even by 1 pm or so. Most other hotels provide that option even though the check in time is officially 3pm !

The location was excellent walking distance from downtown

Comfortable, charming, with a Montréal flair! In the heart of where I wanted to be!
    • Standard Queen Room

There was no problem with the hotel at all!

Checking in was a breeze, Rita was a big help! Also the restaurant had great food and drinks! I would visit again!

Could have been better

The carpets in the room were dirty. There was stuff like water bottles from a previous travelers stay that was not removed. I think more attention to cleanliness. I had kept some towels for washing in the tub. I noticed the same ones were folded and given back to me. I understand conservation of water etc, but when I have requested for something to be washed it requires that I get a fresh set.

The beds were very comfortable and the view from the room pleasant.

Extremely amazing

The early start of the builders close by which has nothing to do with the hotel at all 😃

We enjoyed everything about this hotel. The location, the size and comfort of the King Bedroom, the bathroom and facilities, the staff were extremely helpful and very polite and went above and beyond to help us with anything. I cannot fault this hotel at all and would gladly stay again.

Great location and value for the room!
    • Standard Queen Room

Had a problem coordinating the hotel staff with the tour concession representative in the hotel lobby. Seemed like a independent company, not directly affiliated with the hotel, which caused a glitch with a tour reservation and he did not have all of the information needed. Suggestion: book directly with the tour company, not with the rep in the hotel lobby. Could save you possible headache if something is not right.

Montreal was great, the hotel was awesome, I hope to be back sooner than later.

Parking is rough if you don't valet the car. But the valet was so convenient jut keep that additional cost in mind.

This hotel was amazing. It is right in the middle of downtown Montreal. Shopping and fun are within walking distance.

The staff were very helpful and cheerful.
    • Superior Queen Room

The restaurant, unfriendly people - making you feel like you were a bother to them. This was just at breakfast time. The supper menu was very limited.

The staff were very helpful and cheerful. Always smiling.

We enjoyed our
    • Standard Queen Room

Unfortunately we were not notified that the additional cost of the room was due to the fact the Grand Prix was being held in Montreal that weekend. Very disappointing.

Very comfortable bed and nice facilities. Great location.

excellent

The breakfast cafe at the corner was not so welcoming. staff are rude and dismissive. they lost our business. we have not been to the other restaurant inside the hotel. but the hotel and hotel staff was excellent. location was excellent.

Basic, friendly, reliable, like other Best Westerns that I’ve stayed at.
    • Standard Queen Room

The fridge in the room was noisy.

Staff was friendly. I liked being able to leave luggage at the hotel after the check out time while we walked around town.

The location was perfect.
    • Standard Queen Room

The room was very small! If you are claustraphobic I would recommend getting a large suite! The breakfast was overpriced for the amount you get!

The location was perfect. Right downtonw and close to everything.

large room.

The telephone in the room wasn't working, so it wasn't possible to communicate with the reception. It was possible to hear lots of noise coming from the street until very late in the night and starting very early in the morning (before 5:30). So, I did not rest enough. The plumbing system would make a loud noise and, while in the bathtub, something would shake. The first time it happened, I thought there was an earthquake. The cleaning staff did not always refil the cups and coffee.

large room.

Overall a great experience.
    • Queen Suite

Pillows were OK but not the greatest. Towels were a little hard and scratchy.

Friendliness of the staff was superb. Location was good for us as we were visiting our grand daughter who was going to university there. Cleanliness was very good. Very comfortable hotel

Room was clean.Bed comfy. Quick checkin staff helpful and friendly except in the restaurant.

There were only one set of towels. Breakfast was included. It was indicated it was menu breakfast but it was a.buffet which was cold and terrible.We have had supper there before and it had been excellent so breakfast was a super disappointment!

A quick stopover to see Montreal

We changed our original booking by adding an extra night. At that point the hotel charged us for the extra night plus the original booking that we had already paid for. They eventually refunded us but we lost out on the different exchange rates.

Our room was huge and very comfortable and we loved having the choice of cafe or dining room. Good location, walkable to most city attractions.

Great location, Great hotel, Slow check in.

Check in and out was a disaster. Took forever, mischarged my card, lost our reservation and then found it. All the while no apologies were made or attempts to make me feel like it was all going to be okay.

Close to everything, big beautiful room, Great cafe downstairs and valet parking was awesome.

I felt very relaxed having such a comfortable base to explore Montreal.
    • Standard Queen Room

They could have changed the weather to warm, bright sunshine.

I slept very well and the location right downtown was great. I noticed how friendly and helpful the staff was and I enjoyed the classy restaurant attached to the hotel.

great location
    • Standard Queen Room

There was a group of kids booked onto the same floor - who woke me in the middle of the night and then the noise kept getting worse. I was moved to another floor - however when business travelers are booking into a hotel, the front desk might want to separate them from a such a group - so that I would not have to lose sleep and then have to move in the middle of the night

great beds

Breakfast good but I rather have different options every day.
    • Standard Queen Room

Didnt like fact that you can hear the other room beside you when they take a shower, lots of noises during the duration of our stay.

Breakfast good but I rather have different options every day..

6.0
    Beds we're comfortable and clean, however the bathroom...

Beds we're comfortable and clean, however the bathroom was something else....It appears that this room had an adjoining room which was separated by a door, which is now a closet..Not sure what happened, but it looks like someone dropped the ball and forgot to leave some space between the toilet and the tub.

Overall I had a pleasant stay and enjoyed my trip.
    • Standard Queen Room

The power unit in my bathroom was broken so I couldn’t use my appliances or the wall mounted hairdryer. I also didn’t like that I had a ‘do not disturb’ sign hanging on my door for when I was out and upon return realising room service had still let themselves in to the room to tidy it.

Location was ideal for getting around MTL on foot. Close to theatres, restaurants, galleries, Mont Royal, Vieux Port and public transport.

I'd stay again, however I'd look for another property that has free cancellation on rooms

It was loud on the floor between 1-3am. I was unable to get money back from the hotel, despite on friend not being able to make it because she became very ill 2 days before, so I had to LOSE $300!

The location was central and near many things... Valet service was quick. The front desk staff was very helpful and professional

location.
    • Superior Queen Room

the room.was extremely noisy. water pipes were extremely noisy when other rooms used water. will try again but will request different room location as main water pipes must be right by that area of rooms.

location. great coffee shop and parking was not an issue despite being only Valet.

4 friends, stayed thurs fri and sat night. paid close to $1100 for 2 rooms for 3 nights.

Had some trouble with TSN and Sportsnet channels in one of our rooms. The feed would freeze or become scrambled. A wack or two on top of the tv usually fixed that though. The showers had a noisy vibration. Maybe something wrong with the pipes??

Location and Price. 2 Queen sized beds were comfortable. 1 office chair and 2 extra chairs in each room that we had. I would stay there again as long as their price is better than some of the other hotels. For us we decided to save a few bucks and go with a 3 to 4 star hotel about a km away from most locations we were going to visit vs a 4 to 5 star hotel with a more central location.

We loved every moment

Our room was spacious and included a sofa bed as we were travelling with our son & daughter. All shopping was within walking distance Management & staff were welcoming, helpful and made our stay even more enjoyable We are looking forward to a Montreal visit in the summer and will be staying at this hotel again 🙂

Very great experience overall, but some of the staff need to learn about client experience.

The waitress from the first morning didn't tell me I could choose the buffet and I had to choose a 8$ breakfast from the menu when I paid 15$ fees to include it. Tip not included.

The room was clean and the bed comfy. Very well situated, close to everything, classy décor.

Was nothing extra
    • Standard Queen Room

Parking was pricy, bed was not comfortable for two. Appeaeed to be a small queen bed and caused us both to roll towards the middle mak8ng a poor sleep

Great central location for exploring Montreal.
    • Standard Queen Room

You could walk from the station in summer; $10 taxi ride in winter. Short walk to Peel metro station and underground malls. Also close to Royal Park though we didn’t go because of winter conditions.

Location was awesome.
    • Standard Queen Room

The noise from the street level but I guess we can't change that. Found it hard to sleep at night.

Location was awesome...very close to everything.

Good thing i didnt stay longer ..
    • Superior Queen Room

Rooms smells cigarets Bathrooms are noisy (alot) Tvs are complicated and sont really work unless you take ppv Used valet service twice first time i gave a 5$ tip next time i didnt have money and they were making me feel cheap...

Mostly close from everywhere

The rooms were very spacious and the location was in...
    • Standard Queen Room

The rooms were very spacious and the location was in phenomenal proximity to station peel and sherbrooke and sainte-catherine streets. The staff were very knowledgeable on the area.

Excellent.
    • Standard Queen Room

I wish I could have stayed longer.

Absolutely loved the space and comfort of the room, especially the sitting area by the window. Cannot wait to go back, thank you again.

Started off well but ended on a bad note due to the incident.
    • Standard Queen Room

Cleaning staff unzipped and opened my suitcase when I wasn't in the room. The general manager didn't do anything about my complaint about this.

The woman who checked us in was excellent. Professional and friendly.

Requires an easier and more customer friendly check or customers will use air b@b instead.
    • Standard Queen Room

I did not like the extra security deposit of 250 dollars at the check in. Strict security policy of paying with the same card that was used for reservation makes you feel they treat you as outright criminal,which is unpleasant,and deteriorates the overall customer service. Some people at the front desk were very pleasant ,while others were inhospitable.

Fabulous bedding, excellent location, pleasant views,good overall service.

Overall a great experience
    • Standard Queen Room

Walls seemed abit thin. Could hear noise from other people in halls and rooms

Very pleasant staff and in a great location to what we needed Very clean!

Very nice hotel
    • Standard Queen Room

There isn't much to do in the hotel besides the gym and the little restaurants. They didn't have robes in the bathroom which was a bit disapointing.

It was very nice and clean. It was close to a lot of things downtown which was convenient.

Clean, comfortable, and great value for what you get.

The blinds could’ve been better placed.

The staff were delightful and the hotel is located in a perfect spot downtown - close to everything. The rooms are fairly large, comfortable, and clean. All in all, great value for what you get.

...

One of the valet parking guys stole a bottle of perfume from my car. When I reported the incident to the property manager he said next time don’t leave valuable stuff in you car, so unprofessional and idiotic.

...

The breakfast was included and the food is good.

The breakfast was included and the food is good. But the waiters are not polite. For example, we have been waiting for our food for 30 minutes and when I asked a waiter about that he said I am busy and I have just 2 hands and 2 feet !!

• Standard Queen Room

The bath is not clean. They gave us the worst room in the hotel. It was beside the elevator and in front of ice machine. The refrigerator had some weired noise that we couldn't sleep. The heater suddenly blew out cold weather that we had to turn it off and on. The second day we talked to the front desk and they changed our room.The bathroom was too cold and they said that all the guests complain about it but we cannot do any thing.

Comfortable but over priced.
    • Queen Suite

Carpets, both in the hallway and in the room had a stale smell. That generally spoilt the overall ambiance of the place. I booked in an emergency and paid a high price for the rooms. In terms of the overall quality of experience it was not good value for money.

The room was comfortable, very comfy bed. Internet connectivity was good and lots of points to charge your devices. The restaurant downstairs had great coffee and the croissants were nice and flaky.

There was a extremely large group of young adults booked...

There was a extremely large group of young adults booked there for one night of our stay. They were very loud knocking on our door all hours of the night/morning. More security would have been helpful.

Stylish affordable comfort.
    • Standard Queen Room

No negatives ,however a docking station for my iphone would have been the icing on the cake.

Staff here are super professional, well groomed and obviously skilled in customer service. Beautifully appointed room, plush linens, uber clean and stylish. Spa quality soaps and lotion, huge full bathroom and last but not least a mini coffee pot. Adding this hotel to my favourites while visiting in Montreal.

Akin to previous years, I attended a 2-day conference being...

Parking availability for anything larger than a mid-size car. The hotel does offer valet-parking, but that facility no longer accepts SUVs or larger vehicles!.... don't fret however, as I recommend using the underground parking garage off of Metcalfe Street just a couple of 100 feet south of Sherbrooke Street on the left, at $17.75/day

Akin to previous years, I attended a 2-day conference being held at a hotel across the street. While that other hotel did offer "special" group-rates for convention-participants, these are about 30% costlier than the Deluxe King-bedded room I booked at the Best Western Ville-Marie.....

Everything I needed close by.
    • Standard Queen Room

Loved my top floor room with long distance views. Very comfortable temperature, even though it was cold outside. Close to Metro stop and a few minutes walk from airport bus stop.

The location was great.
    • Standard Queen Room

The room was vet hot, had to ask for a fan. There was some small spots of blood on the blanket, couldn't use it.

The location was great. Easy Walk to everything you needed. Nice cafe attached to the hotel, didn't even need to walk outside!

I'll book here again whenever I go back to Montreal!
    • Standard Queen Room

Staff were very accommodating, the room was very clean, the price was very competitive with other hotels downtown, and it was nearby all the things that we wanted to do in Montreal!

Great time can’t wait to come back!!

There is no wheelchair access to the restaurant to get up top. We were traveling with someone in a wheelchair. We made due with just ordering from the menu and going to our room.

Staff were very helpful and friendly! The rooms were great and we will stay again!

The breakfast was nice.
    • Standard Queen Room

The people were nice but did not really have any idea of what is going on in the city. They did not know that Booking.com had a breakfast included in my option. It got resolved, but took time. On the first day, I was woken up by someone doing work outside my window at 6:45 AM! The other days were fine.

The breakfast was nice. The dinner was excellent. Love Lebanese cuisine. The room was great. The wifi worked.

The hotel wants to charge an extra $100 dollar and did not...
    • Standard Queen Room

A better trained staff would have been better. The two male staff in the morning are just annoying!

The hotel wants to charge an extra $100 dollar and did not want to charge the exact fees as booked is annoying. The staff at check in was good. But the staff at check out was lousy!

Great place if they repaired the rattling pipes issues.
    • Queen Suite

Noisy pipes rattling in walls at all hours. Hide a bed in suite was so uncomfortable it was unusable. Family member had to sleep on couch.

Location Bar Cafe

Hotel was dirty, old and dated.

Hotel was dirty, old and dated. The walls of the rooms are paper thin and you can hear EVERYTHING your neighbor is doing. Room was also blistering hot despite the thermostat being set to 15'. The staff were apathetic and did not seem concerned. All of this is unacceptable for the price point of $200!!! There are many other 5-star options in Montreal for the same price. Do not stay here.

Clean, quiet and good value.
    • Standard Queen Room

Luggage was left unattended inside the front of the hotel after we checked out. No one was there to watch it or verify we were the rightful owners. Disappointing end to a nice stay.

Good value for money. Well located, close to metro and everything within walking distance. Claude at the front desk was courteous and helpful. Room was comfortable and clean.

Wonderful location and great staff!

There is a lot of construction going on, but that is hardly the hotel’s fault

The staff was friendly, the hotel was conveniently located, and our room was nice and large.

Great Location - we had a reasonable price plus a great exchange rate at this time .

Bed - we had 2 Queens and needed to use both . They were soft but seemed slanty and comfy in one spot .

friendly staff , not stuffy , room was nice - quiet .

The hotel is ideally situated within walking distance to...

The hotel is ideally situated within walking distance to many sites, university grounds, shopping and transit. The staff were very friendly and genuinely helpful. The environment was very comforting. The cafe on the street level served the city's best lattes and pastries. We would return because we experienced great value for our accommodation.

Great spacious rooms
    • Standard Queen Room

The room had an office table and chair which was perfect for getting some last-minute work done. Location is perfect if you are visiting McGill or want to stay close to downtown.

We would happily rebook in the future at this property
    • Standard Queen Room

The water restriction shower head barely dribbled water on your body. Other than I can't anything we didn't like. But we're pretty laid back and easy to please.

The friendly staff.

Perfect for exploring all of Montreal.
    • Standard Queen Room

We didn't need to park the car at the hotel but as it was on a busy main road, this would have proved difficult.

This was return visit after our trip up the St Lawrence and the room was well equipped, good views and although the location is a little away from the center, it was within walking distance., as was the station and riverfront.

Great hotel, great location and fab city
    • Standard Queen Room

The only negative was our hire car was too big to fit in the car park, the valet guy wasn't particularly helpful when he directed us to an alternative - it wasn't clear that you could park there overnight, or how to pay/how much- and when I double checked he just said well other people do it. We were at the end of a 3 week trip and weren't keen to get a fine right at the end. We found our own alternative in the end so all resolved, just the attitude of the guy was my only gripe after getting amazing service everywhere else - to be fair he cant be expected to know every alternative, he just could have been a bit more friendly/helpful with it! But that really was the only slight negative, the hotel was great.

great location, friendly staff, really good sized rooms

Perfect end to our trip.
    • Standard Queen Room

Nothing. Everything was good.

Great location. Staff were very accommodating and friendly. Breakfast was good value for money. We were lucky enough to get a room upgrade.

Very nice hotel.

Very nice hotel. Great location, excellent coffee shop in the lobby, friendly staff, very clean. Because of the long weekend we were able to park on the street for free. That was a nice bonus!

Location and comfort were perfect. Would definitely stay here again if we return to Montreal.
    • Superior Queen Room

The room was good size, with a comfortable bed, small frig., good linens and supplies in the bathroom. The location to the metro was just a couple blocks; many restaurants and nightlife within walking distance. Right next to McGill Univ.

Very pleasant stay until asking for my car.
    • Standard Queen Room

If you come by car though, there is only valet parking. The attendants in charge of it were not to my expectations. I only asked for my car once, at check out, I called from the room 10 min before, came down pass them the ticket and they (there were two of them), did nothing until the receptionist call them and asked to bring my car.

Very well placed hotel., steps from everything. Very friendly and efficient reception personnel. Clean room. Lots of up and down traffic but the elevators are moving fast.

stay at a perfet location in a good hotel
    • Standard Queen Room

Room was next to the elevator, which you could hear especially at night

all downtwon areas in Montreal are within walking distance (45 mins), up to Mont Royal is a short walk

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Montreal.

There was some construction/repairs being done near to our room. We would have appreciated being told of this in advance.

Valet staff were really cheerful and helpful.

Would return here

We were uncomfortable with the frosted glass on the bathroom door. It was also a distraction if the bathroom light was on while guests were trying to sleep. Hotels need night lights in the bathroom

The staff was very attentive. We were able to leave the car and walk everywhere we wanted and felt safe.

Imposing entrance area but leads to narrow lift corridor.
    • Superior Queen Room

The building interior is dated in style although comfortable enough. There was some construction work around the hotel but fortunately my room was at the back so quieter. The bar is small and with no outside seating. The restaurant is Lebanese but for other cuisine there are plenty of restaurants around e.g. down Peel Street.

Imposing entrance area but leads to narrow lift corridor. Close to conference centre and McGill university. Plenty of local restaurants and bars within a few minutes' walk. Not far from Peel metro station.

A convenient hotel due to its location.

In general the cleanliness was ok but in the shower/bathtub since arrival there were some long hairs, which definitely don’t belong to me. The variety of the breakfast was not that great for the value. The airco from the room was on non-stop and at maximum but it didn’t get cool enough. However, that was an exceptionally warm week.

The hotel is well located in downtown Montreal and the staff is very nice and helpfull.

Good time with family
    • Standard Queen Room

The front desk told me I didn't have a reservation the day before. Bookings called back and said all was fine. It appears we got the smallest room in the house, by the ice machine. Having been to this location before, I was disappointed with the room size.

Liked location

The room was great (clean,comfortable).
    • Superior Queen Room

I have no complaints at all.

The room was great (clean,comfortable).The concierge station was helpful. The location is perfect. The breakfast was delicious. Check in and check out was very quick. Overall I think it is a great place to stay!

Good central location with friendly staff and good facilites
    • Standard Queen Room

Prices of the wine! Most wines offered in the restaurant were imported when Canada produces wine!

Good location easy to walk to most places of interest.

Basis all above points, I could say that our stay was satisfactorily and had a quality time.
    • Standard Queen Room

The room size is small as compared basis value for money concept. Although the hotel was booked for 2 persons and the charges were inclusive of breakfast costs, only 1 coupon for breakfast was provided. Don't really understand why so happened and landed up in monitory loss on breakfast.

The location of the hotel was excellent just next to my daughter's collage. So It saved the transport cost. The staff was very cordial and helpful with smiling face. Bed was satisfactory. The cleanliness was also very good.

Found the location perfect.
    • Queen Suite

The sofa bed in the jr. suite was in need of replacement and the refrigerator was extremely noisy.

The menu offered a variety, not everything was available. Our order arrived quickly and was hot or cold as need be.

Browse Best Western Ville-Marie Hotel & Suites traveller photo gallery