Reviews of Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport 3 stars

221 Carlingview Drive, Etobicoke, M9W 5E8 Toronto, Canada

#73 of 133 hotels in Toronto

• King Room - Smoking

This is an older property. It has been updated in terms of furnishing. Some people might prefer sparkling newness. It doesn’t have that overall, but service and general upkeep is great!

Spacious room and comfortable bed; all I needed

Bathroom was water damaged and had giant silverfish (bug) running around. No plug where coffee maker was located. Had to go to nearby hotel to buy snacks. Extra charge for parking. Ragged, threadbare bath towels

Check in person at desk was friendly.

The place smelt like a stale ashtray. And we stayed in a non smoking room. The air that came from the AC smelled bad

The bed was comfortable to say the least

We found out that features in the contract between the hotel and booking.com are not the same. This created an issue upon registering for our stay at the hotel. No resolution was found and I said that I would issue this statement at my first opportunity.

The staff was courteous and responsive

We had an early flight. It was nice that there were pastries and coffee available early morning.The staff was very friendly and helpful. The shuttle to the airport was right on time and driver was friendly and efficient.

I wrote several email asking how the shuttle service works without any response from their side. When I arrived to the airport I called to the hotel to request the shuttle service and the shuttle arrived 45 minutes after my first phone call

Near to the airport

Mattress lumpy and somewhat deflated at the head board made it difficult to sleep, Exhaust fan in the bathroom extremely noisy and maybe a fire hazard, had to use bathroom in the dark. Breakfast "sconces" I think that what those were, inedible. All these shortcomings could be easily fixed by management.

Good air conditioning and a clean room, good coffee, timely shuttle to and from the airport. Coffee shop across the parking lot with good food.

The man who checked us in was short with us and not helpful. Just gave us the room key and said "next". Didnt tell us where the rooms were. Parking over night cost $5 a night... Breakfast was a few pastries and a little coffee. Morning staff was much friendlier. Room advertises how green they are and that there are recycling containers in every room. We didnt have one. Rooms were on the dark side because there were only 3 desk lamps.

Comfy beds. Clean room. Close to Congress centre. Mini fridge was in our room.

Location close to airport also meant a lot of noise from airplanes taking off, it was worse than I expected it to be. As mentioned above, rooms were good, but furniture and fittings a bit worn down.

Location close to airport not only useful for transport to airport, but also for downtown, as there is a fast train between airport and the city centre of Toronto. Hotel offered free hotel shuttle service. Light breakfast (pastries) available in morning, and coffee/tea throughout the day. Very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are spacious and clean, and have a small fridge.

They have recently redone the whole hotel! It now looks fresh and still has a good price and a good location. As always, the staff is friendly and helpful.

The bed and pillows were comfy:-)

I stayed here due to location and price. It's an older hotel that's trying. Unfortunately, the front desk person who checked me in was 'processing' me, rather than welcoming me to stay. The bedroom part of the room had been renovated, but the bathroom was simulated marble from a long time ago (but clean). The restaurant shown on the website was closed, so I walked over to the other hotel and ate there. All in all it did the job for an airport overnight stay of short duration - 7:00pm to 5:00am. But it wasn't enough for me to go back.

bathroom door could have closed - that would have been helpful!!! The pet fee is ridiculous - promote themselves as pet friendly hotel... yes, they're friendly but a $45 fee which I could not find on their website, seems extreme to me - at average cleaning rates, this amounts to over 2 hours additional cleaning, which would be extreme ... suggestion... either make fee reasonable e.g. $20 per stay; or take a credit, as you do on arrival and IF necessary deduct costs of additional cleaning.

Quite attentive staff - felt welcome; airport shuttle convenient

• King Room - Smoking

It was too expensive for what we got. Also, everything was expensive a bottle of water was almost 3.00$

The staff, and the airport shuttle were very accommodating and easy to check in. The bed was like a cloud after traveling so far. They gave us a room with an outside entrance as we had a dog with us.

I really liked the updates to the room. I enjoyed my stay. The staff where very friendly. Bed was comfortable, had a great nights sleep. Perfect start to my holiday.

Sadly, no local restaurant for breakfast.

Excellent value via booking.com. Large room with comfortable queen bed and the expected facilities. Perfect location to watch the big passenger jets landing. So close that you could almost reach up and touch them! The noise of the engines was NOT a problem.

Very far away from Toronto city center, but easy to reach with a bus.

Perfect for early flights. Room was tidy and big and the beds too. Very good value for price.

No breakfast available on sight. Bathroom very small. Internet difficult to get in our bedroom.

Near Airport and convenient for Attwell Centre. Coffee in room and free coffee and pastries in lobby at most times. Airport shuttle.

The guy with the head tie was very rude I couldn’t believe how he was talking to us me and my friend like it’s supposed to be a place of comfort not the other way around

The second lady who assisted me

Very dirty. Didn't adhere to anything stipulated on the web site upon booking. We were told that no shuttle would be made available upon checkin but in the morning it was offered. Asked for stay park and fly and also told not an option based on our low rate. Rude staff filthy rooms and a sense of sleeping in the slums walking through the corridors.

The morning check out gal was nice

Noisy neighbor in 305 with television on all night with no resolution from staff. thought there may have been some compensation.

Biljeet & Darlene we’re excellent

The smell in the corridor, needs some fresh air. But the room was fine.

Proximity to the airport, Staff very nice and the bed very comfortable and it was quiet.

curtains had rips in them between the pleats all the way up I thought I was trying to open the curtains and wife told me to stop , she was the one noticed it was the curtains

it was close to where I needed to be the beds were nice very comfortable well past what I was expecting desk staff was fantastic I was just looking for something close

Friendly reception staff arranged fast free pickup from the airport at 0200, and greeted us warmly. Free wifi and breakfast pastries, plus 24h free tea and coffee.

• King Room - Smoking

The extra charge for my pet. I wasn't expecting it at all. I was supposed to pay $121 plus the city taxes but when booking, it was never specified the extra charge for my pet. Really really disappointed.I finished paying $192 for 6hours there.

I liked the place, the shuffle service, the early continental breakfast and the location.

The offer said that the breakfast was included, but it wasn´t, it was included coffee and some snacks

Perfect location, good service. Good airport transportation service. Good room. The room was clean.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Excellent bed! Clean, basic hotel- dated but convenient for airport. Could do with a bit of modernising. Hotel serves purpose we wanted it too. Even had pastries in the morning!

Would be nice if the breakfast area offered the instant soup cups ...for sale...that only require hot water added. Something quick to eat that is hot and tasty would be appreciated when arriving too late to go out for dinner.

Perfect ending to a long travel day....a clean and very comfortable bed.

Only thing of issue is that if you hv luggage to pick up and u request a shuttle you have to go from Pilar 8 where the luggage is and walk all the way to pillar 43 to get shutttle.

Beds were good. Had a good sleep. Shuttle was free and only about 5 mins from airport There is no restaurant but you can walk across the street and pick up food at Marriott

Hotel seems to be getting a little tired and worn. I've stayed there many times over the last 10 years both for business and personal travel and have noticed the common areas of the facility are worn

conveniently located for airport travel, park and fly, etc

An average hotel close to YYZ. Good experience but really, there was nothing remarkable or extraordinary about the place. Good value compared to other places nearby. Great layover spot.

Complimentary coffee in room was skimpy.

Beds were very comfortable. Hotel close to the airport, shuttle service very good. Not difficult to get to Toronto subway system from nearest major intersection. We stayed 2 days as a stopover, the room was quiet and clean. Overall a good choice for a stopover.

Non smoking room still smelled of smoke and the hallways smelled like an ashtray. Terribly rude staff and management when trying to address a problem.

An odd and uncomfortable experience with the Queen bed (back pain upon waking up) -- was left wondering whether it was a true Queen, or some hybrid or two smaller beds pieced together.

• King Room - Smoking

That fact that I had to pay 5.00 a day for parking in an unsecured lot.

Extra pillows and coffee supplied when asked. The room was very clean and comfortable.

There was only 1 coffee in the room & no creamer or sugar. I wish the restaurant was still open.

The bed was comfortable & the room was very clean.

-The Hotel is very small and looks very old with old smelly rugs on the 3rd floor -The first room we had the ceiling was defected and they promptly shifted us to a nearby room with no leaks -The bathroom fan was very loud and noisy and had to be off for us to sleep -Despite being in a non smoking room the bathroom was smelling of cigarettes most of the time - Bad TV channels choices -There’s no one to help with the luggage (it’s all help yourself in this hotel and most hotels around it actually! No one even offers or attempts to help. It’s my second time in Canada and I don’t like that about the hotels. There should be some improvements to this bad visitors treatment. I mean hotels around the world in touristic countries always give the visitor very special treatment regardless the ranking or the stars of the hotel. - When we arrived my credit card was charged waaaaay over the amount mentioned in booking.com plus the taxes mentioned. When I called the receptionist to inquire he mocked me for not knowing that taxes in Canada are usually 30%!!! And they charged 50 CAD for insurance which wasn’t mentioned in their policies before and without informing me before they do it. I explained that it’s not mentioned on their Booking.com page and he continued to mock me! They had no good reason why the final amount was way higher than their booking.com rate! -We tried to check out early by one day but the night staff of that day claimed it was impossible for them to do it and we have to do it through booking.com. However, when we actually did come to check out the next morning the manager was there and he was extremely helpful and did it for us no questions asked and finally explained that only the amount mentioned on booking.com was to be charged on my credit card, the previous amount was only blocked but not charged! I don’t understand the staff on our check in nor the ones the night before our check out!! It’s like they don’t care to double check or to help!

-Near the place we wanted to be for our visit duration within a walking distance so a convenient location -Quick check in and check out - Fast WiFi that doesn’t disconnect as other hotels -Coffee and tea at the lobby all day long with pastries 3 am to 9 am - Vending machine with water and drinks which was convenient for us -Near to a few restaurants (including Halal) and is 5 minutes from the airport - Free airport shuttle for airport pick up and drop off - Comfortable queen beds - Spacious room with good air conditioner/Warmer - Good house keeping which cleaned our room everyday - Good bathtub and shower with nice hot water - Some staff were helpful and they actually helped us book a trip to Niagra Falls which was nice of them

Apparently the free parking for the week with the Hotel isn't free parking when you book with booking.com (this is what the Hotel advised us). We had to pay parking at $150/week!

Parking cheaper next door at Jet2park but it means walking out to the road and back in which is pretty cold in the snow. No real breakfast in the hotel and no longer a restaurant attached. Wake-up call 4.45 instead of 5.45

Staff were pleasant and the room comfortable and clean and shuttle to and from airport.

Outraged: no shuttle! Waited patiently 1 hour and 20 minutes in the bitter cold, and 3 phone calls, then took a taxi for $22. On the 3rd phone call, I asked "What am I looking for?" and when the lady on phone began to argue with me, I took the taxi. The desk clerk offered no explanation. Next a.m. I discovered by chance that the shuttle had no hotel label, as did every other shuttle. I had no way of knowing. Damn mad and spent a poor night!

First time experience. I didn't expect it to be luxury but it did meet my expectation

Doreen was amazing during the check-in process. She was very personable despite the very busy check-in time.

In addition, I do not know whether the deposit can be refunded

It was very convenient to check in. Although we were not very good at English, they answered our questions patiently when communicating. Second days under the guidance of the bus to the airport, the service is good.

Absolutely no complaints. I’m sure we will be more pleased on future stays when we are in house longer and the construction around will be finished.

The room showed an excellent renovation. Staff from front desk to cleaning staff were friendly and welcoming. This hotel is a diamond in a rough location. Rough only that we are so near the airport but that’s a blessing as well. We will most definitely remember to use and recommend this hotel to friends and family.

The smell. I booked this place because they were pet friendly. When I needed to step out for a couple hours I left my dog food, water, toys and the tv on for him, I received a call 30 minutes after I left to say they were going to call Animal Services to get my dog. If they are a pet friendly hotel they should understand that dogs do bark. I also had to switch rooms because the first one had a horrendous smell of BO

They allowed dogs

• King Room - Smoking

My husband had booked for both of us to stay in early December, then for him alone on return mid-December and me alone in late December. When I arrived the receptionist could not understand why the room was booked in his name and he was not present. She was most reluctant to check me in, but eventually gave in. The shuttle was late leaving for the airport and the driver did not assist with luggage. Generally however we have not found staff at this hotel to be uncooperative., and we would use it again.

The rooms are large and comfortable. The hotel is only a ten-minute ride from the airport on the shuttle, which runs every half an hour. There is a simple breakfast available from 3am, which is useful when taking early flights.

Our bath tub and floor was covered in short hairs - very noticeable so not sure why the cleaning staff didn't see this. Otherwise the room was satisfactory.

The hotel does not have its own restaurant, but there is plenty of choice nearby (remembering it is a cold walk in winter). As with so many hotels, the lighting in rooms is simply not bright enough, especially if you want to read.

Airport shuttle is every half hour and takes only about ten minutes (though you may need to phone hotel to ask them to send it. Dedicated phone is close to pick-up point). Coffee available 24 hrs and pastries from 3a.m., so a light breakfast is possible before leaving for the airport. A number of restaurants are located within a five-minute walk. Rooms are large and reasonably comfortable.

• King Room - Smoking

Swimming pool was in hotel across street No hot tub like advertised Front desk was rude because we didn't use their shuttle

Close to airport Bed was comfy

My key card wouldn’t work, I had to go to the front desk twice. Then an hour later my heater stoped working. The front desk was very policy’s day helpful

Used this hotel for easy access to Toronto Pearson Airport. Has an excellent shuttle service, about 7 mins. to Terminal 3 although it was at 03.45 am!

The hotel is old, and in places it is showing its age.

Proximity to the airport was key for us. The staff were all very helpful and the shuttle was terrific.

Our mistake - should have booked DIRECTLY to Carlingview Hotel as we have done for many years on vacation to Cuba, etc. - to and fro from Prince George, B.C. This year we booked through expedia.

Everything was fine.

It's great to have the free airport shuttle. Also the continental breakfast which is included with the room is very nice. 24 hour coffee/tea is great.

The towels looked they were pretty old and frayed. I asked for new ones to be brought to the room - they weren’t that much better.

The bed was very comfortable. The shower was fine.

The carpets need replacing. It smelled from the hallways to the hotel room .. of wet dog , sweaty feet and cat urine. Didn’t feel clean. Not good.

Close to airport. Shuttle service was great

Only 5min away from the airport and several restaurants in the area. Perfect place when you have to stay close to the airport not for a romentic night away or city trip to Toronto.

A little difficult to get through to hotel to arrange shuttle after we landed. But it all worked out.

Staff very helpful. Shuttle in early morning excellent.

Pillows were not comfortable to me. Since all were the same, no option to choose a thicker, thinner, softer, firmer. I know pillow preference is very subjective but options would be nice.

The entrance to the front desk was very grubby and dirty, the elevator was filthy and needed a major clean. The whole place smelled of cigarette smoke except the bedroom.

the only good thing about this hotel was the bedroom and bathroom it was very good , bed great sheets and bedding great, shower great.

We stayed at this hotel Oct. 31 and then again Nov. 8, for one night each time. The first stay was great!! No complaints at all but the second stay was riddled with challenges (given a non-smoking room on a SMOKING FLOOR...stale smoke smell even in our room; the bathroom needed some serious detailed work including proper cleaning). My rating for the first night is great but based on the 2nd night's stay, I don't think I would chance staying at this hotel again.

Our stay was pleasant on all points. The room was large and comfortable. The price in my opinion is affordable (@ Nov. 2017).

We requested a non-smoking room HOWEVER we were given a non-smoking room on a SMOKING floor and unfortunately that meant that the hall smelled of smoke and our room had a lingering stale smell. At 1:30am, we chose to stick it out after travelling and arriving quite late. The room itself required some TLC including more in depth and detailed cleaning.

Check in was quick and easy, especially because we also stayed at this hotel before our trip. Staff are friendly and explained the reason for the problem we encountered. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet.

The room is comfortable - spacious and very nice. I know this hotel as it is very handy for me for business events and I am happy to return here anytime!

I had to order the airport shuttle twice. The first time they came to the pick up area their van was already full of people. They said it would be another 20min before they could get back to get us we said that was fine because we didn't really have a choice. We waited over 45min then we decided to call for the next van, which the front desk person said "he literally just left"...

The staff was very friendly

• King Room - Smoking

Although it is close to the airport the Shuttle bus takes some time to get there and you need to call to the hotel upon arrival.

Close to the airport. Nice room. Nice shower.

• King Room - Smoking

The continent breakfast service was minimal considering there is no restaurant on the premises or in easy walking distance for a senior. Yogurt and a breakfast cereal or fruit would have been nice. A small wood bug - not a bed bug - crawled around two edges of one of the pillows. I threw it in the toilet.

Close to the airport - so easy! Smoking areas (the whole second floor) were fresh and lightly scented, thank you. The beds were big clean and comfy. We had 2 queen sz the first night and a king for the last night of our trip. The Halloween themed decor was fun. Every staff was polite and friendly. Thanks again.

paid parking no break fast

on arrival the front staff was very rude I almost left to go to another hotel. the beds were good size and clean. the cleaning crew work hard and are happy to do the job.

I was grateful for the coffee pastry, however one improvement could be to improve the quality of these.

Great value for money. I had to stay one night near the airport because of an early flight. This hotel was perfect. Clean, spacious, comfortable rooms with helpful staff and a short ride to the airport on a free shuttle.

Very dated. No microwave in some rooms. Security walked into our roo. While my wife was in bed. Really not impressed

Easy access to highway and resturants in the area. 15mins to downtown toronto

Constant noisy planes flying over every few minutes. Rooms could use better soundproofing plus TV has a major picture issue.

The beds were comfy and the room was very clean.

When we booked the room the online site stated that the hotel was Pet friendly. There was not a way to check that you were bringing a pet. When we arrived, they charged us an additional $45.00 plus taxes for our 10 lb dog in a crate to share the room with us. Pet rate should be on their website and not a surprise when you arrive.

We did like the hotel rate compared to other hotels in the Toronto Airport area.

There is noise from airplanes landing directly over the building, but it did not bother me too much.

Excellent location, very close to the airport. Free and fast WiFi. Comfy beds. Fridge in the room.

• King Room - Smoking

We stayed in a smoking room, which smelt of stale smoke (obviously). However for a non - smoker it wasn't the most pleasant.

Was close to the airport and offered a shuttle and wake up call.

Great for long layover. Comfortable room. I had no problem requesting an airport shuttle and checking in even though we were very late (my plane arrived at 1:30 am)

Staff very friendly. My requests were met. Very quiet. Rooms seem very sound-proof. Very clean. Muffins/pastries, coffee/tea available in the room by the reception. Hotel is very central to my planned destinations. My second stay there - I will go back :-)

Be ready to wake up at 7am when planes start to fly just above.

The place is nice. Suite was big and comfortable. In the morning we had tea and good pastry. Hotel provides free transfer from/to the airport.

Quite pricey (but so are all airport hotels). Not many facilities on site.

Shuttle to/from airport was OK, can also access by public transit. Good restaurant/bar nearby. Comfortable and quiet despite proximity to airport. Check in efficient.