Reviews of Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary South 4 stars

135 Southland Drive Southeast, T2J 5X5 Calgary, Canada

#45 of 97 hotels in Calgary

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Indoor pool and waterslide for the kids.

Our room was near the pool, which was very noisy up to 10pm. We were very disappointed in the room meal ordered from the restaurant. Food was leftovers and overpriced. Couldn't eat it.

Indoor pool and waterslide for the kids. Gym.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

the staff was super friendly, and made everything very easy...

the atrium and main pool were closed. that really didnt bother me too much though.

the staff was super friendly, and made everything very easy to understand. guidance to my room was very well instructed.

Staff exceeded expectations, restaurant was wonderful for...

The hot tubs both had a significant number of broken or pulled up tiles. It looked very grungy and was sharp to step or sit on.

Staff exceeded expectations, restaurant was wonderful for breakfast. We would stay here again!

The breakfast staffs are excellent .

Upon booking the hotel, it states that the room charge includes breakfast but upon checking in ,the front desk staff says it is only limited for 2 adults, I am with my 2 kids and my husband, so kids are exceptional? I argued with the staff and later on gave us additional coupon for the breakfast, it is just so disappointing having been in this situation, it’s like begging for something you paid for.though they gave us the additional coupons still it felt that kind of feeling.

The breakfast staffs are excellent .

The hotel is clean and quiet

The only thing I did like is the room cleaning staff in the morning @8am knocking on the door to ask what time are we checking out. And slamming the room door with room cleaning.

The hotel is clean and quiet

Just a family fun weekend enjoyed the rooms and pool staff were excellent.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Excellent services I love this hotel! the staff were very very friendly and very accomodating to us! Very clean rooms and loved the pools. We enjoy staying here and will return in the near future!!!

Fun place

Visa debit is the same thing as a credit card and I was not going to damage the room. While I can understand you want security, I’m not one to do damage.

Comfortable room and clean facility. The restaurant was really good

Fabulous hotel with superb staff

Price was a bit steep, but considering included restaurant breakfast for three of us, it was OK.

LOCATION: High class hotel in a great Calgary Southwest location (easy ride to the airport, downtown, food places on 17th Ave; near South Center shopping mall and within minutes from Fish Creek park). PARKING: Free (unlike downtown places) ROOM: Our nicely remodeled Tower room was comfortable and easily accomodated two of us and my husband’s brother. It had fridge, microwave and smartly set shelves for plates, coffee maker and glasses. Room was super clean, beds were comfy, bathroom spacious and bright. STAFF: I mentioned sad reason for our Calgary visit in reservation request and was stunned by the touching things reception folks arranged for our family. Thank you so much again. Every single staff member we encountered during our 3 day stay was professional, welcoming and friendly. I must mention fabulous lady serving breakfast (sorry, cannot remember name). She brought along with plates lots of joy and cheered our day! BREAKFAST: When you make reservations, make sure to include breakfast. It was $20 more expensive for 3 days and all three of us, and was worth every penny. You have an option of a buffet (our first day) or, my recommendation, ordering from the menue. We tried various omelets (Pacific is my absolute favorite) which come with potatoes, toasts, tea/coffee and juice. Delicious food and a great way to start your day. Delta hotel SouthWest is superb place. Highly recommend.

Decent and would stay again

Disappointed that the complimentary morning coffee station was very dirty and unkept. Also empty 2 out of the 3 days that we stayed there. The in room coffee is very low quality.

The rooms were very clean and appreciated the modern feel of the space.

We had issues; however, everything was delt with to our full satifaction. Delta style! Thank you!!!

We had stayed at this particular hotel previously and we were a bit disappointed the first time. However, this time we were so happy with our stay! The rooms had been renovated since our last stay and it looked fabulous! Loved it!

Calgary for wedding!

Fitness room!

Tikitiboo location. Staff friendly and accommodating. Boom Town attached to Delta provided quality service and food. The fitness centre was the best facility that I have seen and used. 3 treadmills, 2 stationary bikes, 1 elliptical, fixed weight machine, various free weights, plus 3 exercise balls. I used this facility for my 3 day stay.

Awesome

We are Trying to figure out when we can return to the Atrium because wow the room amazing food amazing and you actually feel pampered at this place wow we are already reccomending to others we stayed here for our honeymoon 33 years ago came back every year even with our children and we have always had a great expeirence for the cost thank you you have made 33 years of memories for us

I booked here because I wanted to go to Ranchman's...

I booked here because I wanted to go to Ranchman's restaurant and I arrived late time in Calgary. Here was clean, good service, inexpensive, but there was not enough amenities near here and Here was little far by downtown. So, if you want to be close downtown, I think here is not good choice.

Just right.

Only a single serving of coffee in the tray that wasn't decaf and found a candy wrapper on the floor that wasn't from us.

The atmosphere of the room was nice, calm with gentle lighting and modern furnishings. It was also very quite during our stay and the staff we encountered were fantastic.

Water tastes of chlorine!

Water tastes of chlorine! Could taste the chlorine even in the tea! Room was cold. On our complaint we were relocated to a warm room & given a free breakfast the next morning. We walked all the way to the atrium restaurant (not easy as need a walker) in order to have supper only to be met with a sign that it was closed for renovations. Had to walk all the way back to the Pub restaurant which, understandably, had a very limited menu. A sign should have been up near the walkway to the atrium so people would know, before walking all the way, that the restaurant was closed.

All in all, my stay and staff was fantastic.

My shower wasn't that great and leaked on the floor. Private swim lessons in the pool. Didn't want to use the pool because of that.

Bed and pillows awesome! Marsha. B and Jessica (front desk staff in the atrium) AMAZING!!!

This hotel was in a perfect location for where I needed to...

My pillow was too big for my personal comfort and I couldn't get my room any cooler at night.

This hotel was in a perfect location for where I needed to be. It was very quiet. I really liked that there was a fridge, microwave and coffee maker in the room. Also very nice that 2 bottles of water were left for me each day. Thank you.

It was alright...
    • Club King Room with Lounge Access

Trouble checking in as my bf and I have different names but it was his credit card, total crap and the construction laid out everywhere was ridiculous

Beds and pillows were awesome

The food was better than expected for a hotel not located in...

I was disappointed with Booking.com as I cancelled one room 3 weeks in advance of our visit aqnd when I showed up the hotel they had no notice of cancellation. I had an email confirmation for the cancellation from Booking.com and tried to contact you but to no avail. It took some time to sort this out with hotel and it wasn't my issue. Booking.com needs a telephone number and some customer support.

The food was better than expected for a hotel not located in the urban centre of the city.

Nice quiet clean place and close to shopping malls.

Hot tub and pool closed at 10 pm no extra time allowed.Went shopping and ate later got back at 9:20 and was able to use hot tub for half hour.

It was a nice high room as requested as could look out and see area well. Easy checkout. Nice breakfast included.

I would stay here again I liked the property and like the renovations
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The front desk agents were uneducated about the area and not very welcoming.

The beds were delightful, you just sunk right in them. I like the lobby area of the Atrium section

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Go ahead and book!
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

I did not realize the hotel was still under construction so this gave the hotel a more worn look. The customer service made up the initial disappointment.

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly from check-in to check-out. They were knowledgeable about the area and had helpful hints on how to spend the day exploring Calgary. Marsha and Lina (front desk staff were extremely helpful). Unfortunately I did not get the names of the maid staff but they were friendly and offered to help me with my bags when they noticed I was struggling. Best customer service I have experienced in a long time. Thank you! I enjoyed my stay in Calgary.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Total rip off - smoke and mirrors don't book this hotel

Everything. From start to finish the stay at this hotel was a nightmare. It was under construction but we didn't know this fact until we arrived and by then it was too late, they already had our non-refundable payment. Our stay started with not being able to find out where to check in, since there were no signs and two separate buildings across the street from one another. We took our chances and picked the shorter building which also had no signs to indicate where to check in. We were unable to park at all in the tiny little parking lot in front of this one building and also discovered that the only 2 handicap spots were full for the night. If you wanted to park a vehicle there was limited parking across the street where the 'rest' of the hotel existed but you would have to carry all of your bags quite a distance to get to the tiny little cramped lobby for check in. The entrance to the lobby was a long hallway under construction and we entered through a recently broken door which when opened was caught by the wind and slammed against the outside wall where a group of smokers blew smoke in our faces at the entrance marked 'designated smoking'. Our room was small and very cramped, and looked absolutely nothing like the bait pictures on the website, albeit very clean. The microwave was so cheap the glass turntable kept falling off of the stand so removing the coffee that needed to be heated up as it arrived from room service lukewarm, was very dangerous since the cup slipped all over the place inside the microwave as it tried to turn during the warm up process. Finding out there was no breakfast included as we were lead to believe was also disappointing. We ordered pillows that never showed up until we made a second phone call 2 hours later, and when housekeeping came they said they had accidently left them at another room by mistake.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

They brought me a fan because I felt the room was too warm...

Thought the breakfast buffet was expensive for the variety of food.

They brought me a fan because I felt the room was too warm and there was no air conditioning.

Easter weekend

Hotel was undergoing renovations. Our 1st night there we got no sleep due to sports teams staying at hotel who were inconsiderate of other guests. Running up & down halls, slamming doors & shouting, swearing & fighting. Hotel management evicted undesirable guests with police assistance. Hotel did compensate us for the one night disturbances which was very nice of the them. The other 2 nights were fine.

It was close to the venue for a family venue. Staff was pleasant & very welcoming. Breakfasts in Atrium restaurant were good.

disappointed !

I book for 4(2 adults and 2 kids) through booking.com breakfast was included , when I checked in I was told only 2 breakfast was allowed through booking non sense !! the pool shown in the pictures is not the one they have.

Calgary Delta south.

Booked the hotel as a base for our soccer team as they have an excellent swimming pool and slide. Was never informed until arrival that it was closed due to renovations. Hotels really need to let you know when facilities are not going to be available. I booked 4 rooms and then made a change to my original booking. Arrived at the hotel to be told they knew nothing of the change. Was told that this would be Expedia fault for not passing the info on. That was until I provided my confirmation email that came direct from the hotel accepting my changes 2 weeks earlier!!!

Rooms in the Atrium were very spacious and modern.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Overall nice and comfortable

The swimming pool was under construction and we didn't know until we got there. The breakfast dining staff's customer service could use some improvement.

The room and beds were spacious and comfortable and the front desk staff were super friendly and courteous. Good location too!

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Nice, good value

The difference between pet friendly room and normal rooms.

This is my second time stayed at this hotel. I came with my puppy the first time. The room was on first floor and it was old. Breakfasts were good. The fried rice was so delicious. This time I came with my friend. The breakfast was still refreshing and fresh. They didn't serve fried rice this time. :(

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Quite location

Breakfast was expensive...the pacific omelette ordered came without the salmon, avocado was unripe, asparagus was canned.....the fresh fruit needed to ripen. ...disappointing for the price.

The bath towels were plush...lovely

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Everything, it is a very nice hotel.
    • Club King Room with Lounge Access

Some construction was going on the west side of the hotel which closed there main pool and water slide, but the smaller was open. .

Everything, it is a very nice hotel. Would stay here every time I am in Calgary.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Very accommodating staff.

It was all fine.

Very accommodating staff. The hand set would not pick up for my wake up call so they sent someone to my room to ensure I was up.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Exactly what we needed

First room was next to the boiler room and was very loud, but moved to a nicer quieter room

The staff

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Poor

Heating system poor

The facility was lovely and breakfast food was delicious.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The facility was lovely and breakfast food was delicious. Also very quiet at night.

Location and cleanliness

The shower and unable to adjust bathroom heat

Location and cleanliness

Room was clean

There were no towels in pool area. And no free breakfast

Room was clean

Good beds, very friendly and helpful staff

Good beds, very friendly and helpful staff

Clean and modern.

Clean and modern.

Always enjoy this hotel and the location.

Rooms are clean and serene. Bathroom shower is lovely!

Price was high

Bed was squeaky No regular coffee on the room

Bed was comfy

Comfortable beds

Comfortable beds

Xx

Xx

Xxxx

Very nice clean room.
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

Very nice clean room. Disappointed with the view

Convenient area of the city

No continental breakfast and a tad pricey

Convenient area of the city

We will definitely stay here again!
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

We loved the beautiful quiet pool! Much nicer than the one in the other complex.

Bed was very comfortable.

The room was very dry.

Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was good. Loved the shower design - no climbing over the tub.

Very nice

Shower in the evening. The water was not hot. Warm at best

Comfortable bed. Clean room

Very comfy beds.

Over priced breakfast buffet

Very comfy beds.

Enjoyed our night

Restaurant was pricey

Bathrooms were nice

We were both happy with our stay from all angles

Breakfast very expensive

It was one of the better hotels we have stayed in!

Great hotel
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

Excellent facilities. Great room.

good room service.

the 'noisy-too crispy' cotton sheets; prefer soft cotton.

good room service.

Clean, comfortable beds updated facility, excellent staff...

No breakfast included

Clean, comfortable beds updated facility, excellent staff close to public transit, coffee in lobby

Nice hotel close to major malls

Car Park. Difficult to get a spot at times.

Great hotel. Excellent pool/spa area. Close to major malls and shops

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Breakfast was delicious and the breakfast staff was great!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No shower cap for my hair

Breakfast was delicious and the breakfast staff was great!

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

pleasant stay

everything was okay

very friendly and helpful staff

Great accommodations, but pool was closed

The pool with the slide was closed. We booked this hotel for their pool which we didn't get to use.

It was all good

Room was to dark poor lighting

It was all good

Everything was good but would have been that much better if...

Everything was good but would have been that much better if it not been undergoing renovations. Would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Rooms in the Atrium were gorgeous and roomy.

Rooms in the Atrium were gorgeous and roomy.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Fantastic Hotel
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Nothing that I do not like

Staff and location

Staff and location

I cannot check out at the front desk and get back to room to...

I cannot check out at the front desk and get back to room to pack up until 11:00 am

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Great Value
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

I thought the continental breakfast was included, until I got the bill.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Perfect pillows!

Perfect pillows!

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Excellent hotel

Under renovation but did not bother me

Beautiful room. So comfortable!!

Nice hotel in South Calgary

Three locations, lots of lugging stuff around. Good rooms though.

Great breakfast staff: super friendly, super helpful, service with a smile..

Good location, friendly staff

Bathroom could have been cleaner

Brunch was fantastic

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

light around bathroom mirror.

light around bathroom mirror. light on magnifying mirror, sensor light in bathroom, microwave, kettle,

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

All was good but booked so our Calgary grandchildren could...

All was good but booked so our Calgary grandchildren could use water slide. It was being renavated.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

It was a wonderful experience.

It was a wonderful experience. Loved everything. Staff were incredible

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

I love the beds and the bathrobes are amazingly soft.

I was facing the lobby and I could hear when the staff was setting up for breakfast .

I love the beds and the bathrobes are amazingly soft.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Handy for town

Direction to lifts in annex

Great breakfast, close to transit

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Friendly staff!!

construction noise

chocolates at the front desk