Reviews of Niagara Falls Courtside Inn 2 stars

#95 of 103 hotels in Niagara Falls

5.6

5.2

5.7

It is a motel. It is cheap.

Hearing other people’s rooms. Furniture and bathroom fittings looked like collected from roadside. Hearing rustling noises from the bathroom all night. Centipede on the ceiling. Reception lost our keys and diidnt seem to know what they were looking for. Gave us wrong keys twice.

Easy to find. Ashley is friendly.

Absolutely disgusting.

Disgusting. The curtains were torn, no phone, no cleaning, cops webs everywhere, no coffee, carpets were torn, bathroom was disgusting, YOU HAD TO UNplug THE air conditioner to get to work, furniture was wrecked. This was the worst hotel were we every stayed at. You guys should not even have this on your site.

Absolutely disgusting.

I was worried when I read a couple reviews about staying...

I was worried when I read a couple reviews about staying here but when i got here it was nothing like the reviews said! It was very clean not dirty at all. I would definitely recommend this place 2 others

Great value for inn

Its run down & hardly anyone in office. Not what I was expecting place could be updated.

Loved it was great walking distances to the falls. And staff was super friendly.

If you need to stay at this hotel then don't go the the falls
    • Suite with Hot Tub

The place was absolutely disgusting. I would not stay there ever again nor would I ever refer anybody to stay there. There was a shank near the air-conditioner that I almost cut myself on. There was blood hair and bugs on the sheets. Molding was off curtains were falling off bathroom look like it had not been cleaned in days. The room smelled the floor was sticky. The pool was the great in the pictures I would have a pet swim in that pool. Under no circumstances should you ever stay there with the family Avoid at all costs!

• Two-Room Family Suite

this place cheats costumer whatever features u see in the advertisement is not true! even the lady on front desk is not polite ! i do not recommend never ever 👎🏿

Location was great, walking distance to all attractions,...
    • Two-Room Family Suite

some of the facilities in the bathroom are in need of upgrading, but its a very cheap motel so you get what you pay for

Location was great, walking distance to all attractions, staff was helpfull and friendly, beds were big and comfy and it's a very cheap motel

Totally awesome and would go back again.
    • Suite with Hot Tub

If anything the TV, once in awhile it would go out but Jeff would get it going. and we did have a windy weekend. Nothing really to worry about

Jeff and Ashley were friendly, polite and always available if we had questions and ready to go over and beyond to make us comfortable. The bed was perfect and the pillows the best. The bath spa was amazing so much room.

We slept all night without heater on winter season.

We slept all night without heater on winter season. Looks like all the hotel is manager for one only guy that never answer the call and never be in his office or even in his room. Never I will be back there

Worst stay ever

There is no cleanliness,no staff on property,no microwave,no fridge,washroom leaking,unsafe place to stay as there is open heating system.i will recommend booking.com to take this property out of there list.thanks

There is nothing to like about this place

I will never use your hotel again.

There was loud music blaring until 5:30 in the morning. There were people talking loudly in the rooms next door all night. My daughter and I did not feel safe as someone banged loudly on our door at 11pm and then at 3:30am. I actually barricaded the door to ensure no one could break in. This was not a place for anyone to actually sleep... it was a party hotel.

I was glad to park in front of my door

crappy

everything do not recommend this place dirty old

very dirty no not enough towels and when we asked we did not get any. room were unsafe for baby mirrors with jagged edges everywhere. rooms were not cleaned after our first night so garbage stated in the room when asked they said they do not clean rooms every day only when you leave. Sunday night was so scary for us felt like it was a drug house no cars in parking lot we were the only people there and all night people coming and going all night. we were so scared we left at 3am so it was terrible never book there again

• Suite with Hot Tub

Toilet was loose from floor... had 2 towels for whole weekend. Had to ask for more since they did not even clean our room during the second day. Price was also more then quoted on here!!! I ended up paying 206$??

Will definitely never go again. I'd rather spend a few more bucks and go to a downtown hotel.

Carpet was dirty. Bathroom was the size of a pea pod.

Bed was nice compared to what was expected from the look of it. Location is definitely the only good thing about this inn.

Shower really dirty full of mold Carpet ripp off and dirty No towels Facilities are not the same as they offered in the website Sheets were stained Furniture old and broken In my personal opinion It was discussing and have no choice to change the room

Nothing Dirty everywhere

It was nasty dirty stains mold smell would never go here again..

Everything... nasty nasty nasty

Nothing regret paying to stay mold everywhere stains everywhere very nasty...they don't change the covering on bed it was stain I saw them cleaning a room changing the sheets but same comforter very nasty...

We got a room with a very large Jacuzzi right next to our...
    • Suite with Hot Tub

We got a room with a very large Jacuzzi right next to our bed, period. There was a small refrigerator but no microwave and no hairdryer, for two nights and not even a change of towels, no password due the WiFi at check in and a broken, leaking toilet. A broken closet and no iron, also the AC would not power on.

Never again and booking.com should refund me all my money

The motel is ran down inside and outside, the bed was on wood blocks, curtains were shredding, carpet stained, air conditioning appearance was dirty, walls around door was dirty, bathroom had mildew and was outdated, cable cords running across floor, 3 channels on tv, no wifi info provided, dressers looked like they were picked up off the curb on trash night. This place is a hole in the wall

Worst ever

Room bathroom towels and then no iron nor microwave w

This property is a dump. No iron in the room no microwave. Pool was closed as it still advertised pool open. The towels are horrible and small workers go in the room and remove stuff and didn’t clean nor put clean towels. The room I booked I didn’t get it. There were a guy who worked there he is very rude the lady at the front desk is nice . I would never go back to this hotel it ruined my birthday ☹️

This place was the worst part of my entire vacation with my children

It was dirty, rundown. There was garbage all through the parking lot. The swimming pool tiles secure or safe. The swimming pool was questionably oily. And the staff was extremely rude refuse to give us a new room refuse to give us a refund.

We checked in got to our room and checked out 30 mind later

Ok

Room and bathroom needs a bit of TLC. At few places it has broken walls. It is not cleaned properly - looks ok at first but when you take a closer look you can see that all the cleaning is superficial. When you turn on AC there is a lot of dust coming out of it at first. Under the bed looks like it has not been cleaned in forever. Old hairs and dust in bathroom. Internet connection was poor and terrible selection of TV channels - all 3 of them, the picture kept freezing

Large, mostly comfortable beds, good size room and bathroom. It is fairly close to the city and everything else, so big plus on location. I like that all rooms are non smoking. All in all it is ok considering value for money.

Not good, and I have travelled a LOT

The internet did not work, the T.V kept fading out in one room and the other did not work. Towels (all 2 of them) were small and thin.

The bed linens were clean, but it was not a nice place to stay.

Once, but not twice!

The place is very loud! One of the windows was open - no possibility to close it. The air conditioning was too loud, but without it, it was too warm in the room... Not the best climate... The bathroom was very simple and the room was not really clean. Too expensive for what you get!

The swimming pool was nice for the kids, the parking was okay. The falls are not too far away, it's possible to walk there and leave the car at the hotel.

Hopeless. Toilets was smelling. Bed was hopeless and caving in. Could not sleep. TV Never worked.

Would not return to this motel
    • Suite with Hot Tub

There was no bar in our closet to hang clothes up (we were there for a wedding) the toilet wobbled side to side, walls are super thin so you can literally hear your neighbors conversations, there is no phone in room to contact the office.

The in room hot tub was nice and big. Although the ceramic steps up to it are kind of a death trap when getting out and your wet.

Very expensive, poor hotel and not value for money

The Cleanliness, the facilities and the beds cigarette stains on the sink holes in bath bad shower head blood on bedsheets stain on sinks

the location was situated very convenient near the Niagra Falls

Niagara Falls public health board should shut the place down . o

Room was never cleaned during the stay. Family members had to ask for clean towels , toilet paper, broom to clean the floor, refrigerator, no place to hang clothing, no towel holders, there were cobwebs under the bed, fecal material on the floor, no mirror above the sink, no TV remote was provided,

It was awful.

The room was not as advertised. There was no smoke alarm when we arrived. The beds were held up from the floor with pieces of 2x4, the fan in the bathroom was missing and there was a hole in the wall, with a grate at the back which let in the bugs, the tub drain had an old bandage in it, the lamp by the bed didn't work, had to go down to the office to ask for it to be fixed, as there was no phone in the room. No alarm clock, there was a desk, but no chair for it. The outside of the building was old, cement on the walkway (second story) was cracked the whole length of the hotel. There was trash around the outside of the hotel, cigarette butts, plastic buckets on stairs with water, trash and cigarette butts in it. We were told it was a 10 minute walk to the falls, but was much longer than that, through a less than savory neighborhood. As we walked by the main office on our way into town, the front glass of the office was broken, and boarded up with a piece of plywood. When we came back from town, we found the cart used to clean rooms upended at the top of the stairs with the supply items scattered about and had to use another stairway to get to our room. It stayed there for a couple of hours before someone cleaned it up. I do not recommend staying at this hotel, ever. We left after one night.

Not clean
    • Suite with Hot Tub

Not clean So many bugs and not clean No microwave Not enough soup or anything Didn't even feel like a motel but worse Not clean or comfortable The curtains, washrooms, bed everything felt so not clean at all Were cockroaches there Never going back there again I have seen very nice motels in same price but this was just disgusting Didn't even sleep all night or felt like sitting in the room Even the bags we needed to keep closed because of so many bugs Didn't even want to eat in there

Terrible

The rooms were dirty, dark and non inviting. The towels were very small. The carpet in the room was discussting.

Nothing. I run for my life out of there

A sanetary inpector should go visit this place! I garentee they would close down!

Durty, durty durty.... no room service, nothing... smelled of durt.. bathrooms filthy, mattresses unprotected... disgusting place.. would not recommend it to anyone at all! I understand its a 2 star, and not to expect a 5 star.. but what does that have to do with cleanliness!! Get rid of those carpets... protect the mattresses. and clean the place! That would make a big difference!

Location was the only positive feature of this Inn

Friends and I shared the suite.
    • Two-Room Family Suite

Friends and I shared the suite. It was decent enough for the cost. Could've used more seating/furniture, and there was no garbage inside. Good overall.

it was quite a pleasant stay. I met a few new people from Quebec to Barrie. I am from Brantford.

The room had no clock and the free wi-fi was iffy at best

It was a short walk to Clifton Hill. the room was clean. The sheets were in FACT changed. I came prepared with my own bottle of Dettol disinfectant but I didn't need it. The staff was kind and friendly. I would recommend this place to anyone.

location good, staff rude..."i don't know attitude".

location is good, you can walk to Niagara attraction street in 12-13 mins.

The staff was rude. I booked 2 rooms with fridge & microwave. when i reached, there wasn't no fridge & microwave in any room. The lady (the rudest ever i seen in my life) said, you should have requested the fridge & microwave. i showed her the booking which says fridge & microwave included by default. i said when its by default included why should i request. So tomm you can say we don't have room because you booked but didn't request & we don't give room until its requested lol. Anyway, in the room TV remote was missing, so i asked same lady (rudest one, i dont know why encountered the same lady again) about the remote, her answer was "i don't know, may be the family staying before us took with them". Then i asked can you help me how to turn on the TV without remote, i tried pressing button but didn't work, she just ignored & walk away. Next morning, in the washroom bathtub tap was working but shower didn't, i.e. there was no full/push option to turn on the shower. I didn't complain about that because i knew the response "i don't know", so i didn't waste any time but we didn't take the shower :(

Not so noisy.

The shower curtain was ripped and hanged over a couple hangers. The shower was not working properly.  Washroom should have a makeover. Old carpet damaged. Weird stains on the walls. No daily service for example towels change.

Not so noisy. The staff was friendly.

Would Recommend

It's a bit far from the centre but that's good for sleeping. Maybe a it expensive.

Great value for money. Clean and comfortable beds! Spaceious rooms and free parking.

The hotel is well located

One of the mattress was so bad (Like a hole in the medium), who sleep there had a very bad night that is not what are you expecting during your vacations

The hotel is well located

It could really use an upgrade or a complete makeover.

Not so friendly staff. Security (door locks). Missing towels/pillow Cases. Leaking/loose(controls) ac. Rooms are not so clean. No house keeping.

Location for arrival and departure. Parking. Price.

Will never stay there again

Very poor customer service, they don't always answer the phone and the lady who answers sometimes answer just by saying ' hello' .. she also hangs up without asking if there was anything else or waiting for a response that indicates that it's the end of the conversation.. Curtains half way broken down and when reported they said the maintaining guy will be there.. well he never showed up so we fixed it ourself.. The carpets were soo heavily and visibly soiled .. no remote for the TV, no counter space in the washroom.. pool staff was not present when kids were in the pool except for when he had to BBQ his meal..

Location Pool Quietness

GROSSE

The pool doesn't open until 11...check out time! Would not extend our check out time. The room was small and cramped and extremely dirty. There was dried up blood stains on the towels. The bath tub had hair inside it.

Just no.

I could go on and on. My standard was low for the price. We were trying to travel on a budget. But worst of all was the wifi was basically unusable. Could not even get any work done at night, so was left to admire how gross the room was. As soon as I stepped into the room and took my shoes off my socks got drenched with some liquid on the carpet. There were bugs that crawled up my leg when I went to shower.

It was close enough to the falls. The outdoor pool was a nice feature.

Would never stay here again.
    • Suite with Hot Tub

Hanger rod missing. No phone. No fridge. Room looked tired. No TV controller. Bedside light did not work. Toilet paper holder fell off the wall when you touched it. Towels were small and thin for a Jaccuzzi room. WAS NOT A $200.00 A NOGHT ROOM!!!!!!

Clean and well located but building would benefit some renovations....

Building lacks TLC....its clean but getting old and in the first room we were given (2nd floor) there was blackish stains that looked like mold on the bathroom ceramic walls. The second room (1st floor) was better. It's not expensive and you have what you paid for (except for the Wi-Fi, which was close to non-existent :)

Good location, you can walk to the hot points of Niagara Falls, and there is a swimming pool.

Trip was fun. Should've spent more time away from the hotel.

In our first room we found a few different kind of bugs in the bed and in various areas of the room. Also had a guest who had acquired a master key and entered my room while my girlfriend was changing. I wasn't too happy with this and neither was my girlfriend. The hotel wouldn't even refund any money back for the lack of security or privacy for its guest.

Staff were friendly and very helpful. Although we did manage to have a few problems regarding our first room.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Everything was good except sink in the washroom

We were not able to use sink the washroom due to not proper running water. It was getting clogged . And water not clear colour

Everything was good except sink in the washroom

Not worth the experience

Front Desk staff lied from the very beginning...we were told that they did not have any rooms on ground floor. I preferred room on ground floor as a senior was traveling with me..I had specifically requested this during booking, and later when manager saw the senior climbing the stairs he assisted and got us a room on the ground floor.....Secondly, I was told that there is only 1 microwave in front desk lobby for warming food...in the night at around 10 pm when I went over to the office it was locked and closed!!!

We're not satisfied me and my wife.

They have hidden price. on tax that all I know is only $79.00 of my confirmation in hotel then we got there they said is not $79.00 Plus tax and also they don't have a bfast. We got there @ 4:30 pm then we left @ 11:00 am in the morning it's not worth it.

great stay!

the bathroom space heater was a little strong for our liking

we weren't looking for something very fancy. we spent most of our time seeing the falls and doing touristy things, we needed a room for a few hours of sleep and the basic amenities. the window ac was fantastic, so powerful.

Needs total improvement

Washroom was dirty and smelly, no hooks or holder for towels and you have to ask for face cloth to be provided, no holder for soap and toilet paper, shower curtain was a trash and should have been replaced, shower tub was dirty needs to be clean thoroughly. TV has 3 channels and have to ask for the remote to be provided; no reception available - office is always locked and you need to call all the time when you need them

Location was great, free parking, close to all amenities, cheap hotel for a cheap price

Stay away, horrible facilities

Horrible facilities, ants all over the room, mold in bathroom, garbage piled next to room outside, only 5 channels on television and remote was broken. Would not say here again even if the room was free

Absolutely nothing to like about this place

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

5 Star Rating to Jeff for Customer Service
    • Suite with Hot Tub

Customer service was the best from most the motels we have stayed in at the falls. Jeff showed us 3 rooms with jacuzzi and allowed us to pick our choice. He also brought over a micro wave and a 2nd chair for us. He went above the call of duty.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

look down the road...
    • Suite with Hot Tub

dirty floors room didn't look clean. asked for my money back was told no, someone was going to come clean the room....NO ONE FOR 2 DAYS... The whole time we were their no maids...no ice, drinks,fridge, no phone, TV 1 channel...

Hot tub, Location..

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Bed was comfy and the tub was huge
    • Suite with Hot Tub

The laydee at the front desk was very rude and when called to asked for directions to the hotel she was extremely rude and hung up on me. But since this was the third and final option that I had booked I proceeded to go ahead with the room dispite her rudness. Not to mention I booked a smoking room and to be told that it was a no smoking hotel. So the option of smoking or non smoking should be removed. Also the rose petals I did not request but was offered by the booking.com representitive I ended up having to pay for.

Bed was comfy and the tub was huge

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Won't stay again

The pool photo(with motel sign board) is probably the only good-looking view in this property. Staff was very cold. Refuse on any simple requests. Have to request room change due to shower not working. The shower in the next room was marginally better, gave up complaining. Would rather book the Motel 6 next door for my next visit.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Dirty dirty dirty dirty !!!!
    • Two-Room Family Suite

Worst experience ever. Never coming back to this place. Dirty : I could smell the nastiness from the carpets and beds. The sheets and pillow cases has weird spots on them and when asked for replacement, they replied that it's already clean, we just changed it. No warm water. Their pipeline was messed up. No internet, they didn't even know what the password was to another connection and then they gave me the WiFi key to the Motel 6 hotel right next door.

Came out alive !!!

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

There should be kettle or microoven in the room.

Overall room was nice,size was good. Location was quiet and good.

There should be kettle or microoven in the room. The mattress was really very bad very uncomfortable. There were no hooks to hang the clothes in the bathroom. No phone in the room to contact the reception..

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Price

Showers didn't drain, knobs broken on showers, hole in bathroom walls where fans used to be. I had to plug in the ice machine. No cleaning staff, stayed for 3 nights and never once had room cleaned or fresh towels

Price

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

A little expensive but good

Parking space. When we came back from our outing at around 11pm we had no parking spot anymore. We had to improvise

Location is good and staff are not that strict as well

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Glad it was only 1 night!
    • Suite with Hot Tub

The room was dirty, the toilet seat was literally taped together, and while there was an ice machine, the buckets had plaster from the ceiling above.There were 2 Internet networks but the signal was so weak that we gave up. All in all, very disappointing!

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Not too bad

No phone,The bathroom is very dirty,There is only one channel on the tv,The people who work at the office are lazy ,There is no wifi

The air conditioner is very good.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Comfortable stay at the Courtside Inn

*Just for further information; there was no hair dryer so it would be good to know that in advance so at least you can bring your own.

Our stay at the Courtside Inn was great. It was at a very fair price. The staff was very friendly and there was always someone to attend to your needs. It was very hot and the air conditioning was working perfectly. The pool was nice and it was practically always open.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

A Horrible place! I will never back there!
    • Two-Room Family Suite

It is a very dirty place! Several broken furniture. Awful smell!!! No control over the guests, had a group doing a barbecue and drinking, with a loud music, during all night under my window. It was after 1am and they still there! Very expensive for what it is.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Detestable

The rooms were in poor shape. One of our rooms had a missing drawer and the cabinet door was broken. There was also no ventilation in the washroom. It was removed and there was a hole in the ceiling for it. In the other room, the carpet was ripped, the ceiling paint in the washroom was chipped off, and the shower head wasn't working. There was a little metal rod where I'm assuming the shower nob is supposed to be. When I turned the water on, the metal rod shot out and water was spewing out everywhere. Thankfully I didn't get hurt from the rod and I quickly turned the water off to screw that metal piece back in the hole. There was also a questionable black stain on the bath tub floor. The TVs in both rooms were decent, but a lot of white noise occurred. The service was also poor. It wouldn't hurt for the staff to at least smile. When I was checking out, the woman at the front desk didn't even acknowledge me. Not even a, "Hello, I'll be with you in a moment. I just need to deal with this guest first." What's more is that we paid close to $300 for two rooms for seven people. Way too much for the quality we received overall.

The location was a 15-minute walk from Clifton Hill, which was nice. We got some exercise in and we saved money from parking. The free wi-fi was also good quality.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

This hotel needs to be updated the cleening crew need to care more. the rates on this hotel Zero
    • Suite with Hot Tub

The washrooms needs to be updated. The tolitet seat was cracked and fixed with tape. Hair all over the floor and in bathtub. Tv outdated furnture outdated and cracked. In the lobby pepole were upset and wanted their money back due to how un cleen this place was.. I just know I will naver Stay at that hotel AGAIN.

Just that the Ac worked well.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

You get what you pay for but they were friendly.

The room was outdated and not spotless. If you're expecting the room in the picture you will be disappointed. It was just me and the kids on a budget. If I was married and took a high maintenance woman I'm sure she wouldn't have been happy. No fridge or microwave but we were just happy to find a place we could afford and visit the falls.

The staff was friendly and the pool was clean.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Cheap

The bed mattress , the carpet, the A/C are very old but at working conditions . The towels where clean but to ruff as a sand paper .

The hotel parking it was good

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Too expensive for low low stsndard

Pictures were deceiving especially how rooms look inside .. Way to much for this low standard.. AC wa working but there was no cover Bedding looked different on a pictures than in reality... Really old old building with only a minimal cheap improvements .... Crazy youngsters party in one of a rooms....there was probably 15-20 of them in one room....but lucky they were kicked out by midnight... could have been sooner

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Do not recommend anyone to stay in this hotel

The bedsheets, blanket and pillows are not clean, we all felt something likely bed bugs bite just sleeping on the beds. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Good for the price
    • Suite with Hot Tub

The room was ok, nothing great and could have been cleaned better, but for a motel and the price it did what was needed. I would go back. The sheets were extremely rough and cheap, uncomfortably

My room had a jet tub and after all the walking it was nice.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

Id stay again
    • Suite with Hot Tub

If you are looking for a classy hotel then your outta luck, its a place you stay cause the price is right. There was issue with the rooms but they got resolved, the ice machine sucked but it was a heat wave so that coulda been it

The service was excellent they bent over backwards to keep us happy, also the price on booking.com was super cheap. Really close to clifton hill which is where you wanna go if its your first time there.

It was fine not 5 stars but would stay again

No garbage pails in room

It is away from the main traffic conjectures but it quiet we liked that pool was great nice and clean

Poor wifi and tv channels

Poor wifi and tv channels

Great stay

Was good stay

Close to falls and hiway

They let us check in at 1:00 pm, though officially the check...

Bug in room, no microwave.

They let us check in at 1:00 pm, though officially the check in time is 3:00. Thanks for that.

Great for the money

No toilet paper

Clean, great location, close walk to the falls, casinos and bars.