Reviews of Cassandra Hotel 2 stars

#80 of 81 hotels in Vancouver

6.0

5.9

5.6

Basic hotel, good location, clean enough room.
    • Premium Double Room

There was no breakfast included but it was mentioned upon reservation. Underground car park looks abandoned and very dirty.

Basic hotel, good location, clean enough room. Perfect hotel after 14 hours flight.

The staff was friendly
    • Classic Double Room

Old building, room assigned was next to the entrance from the lobby and next to a elevator and vending machine. Probably one is the worst room I have ever stayed in. Sheets had holes, no mini fridge, no hair dryer.

The staff was friendly

Good for Burnaby visitors
    • Classic Queen Room

Noisy upstairs and free internet requires daily new password

Airy rooms great staff and good emenities such as spa pool and sauna. Close to metro town and restaurants and a easy drive to downtown

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

We were completely shocked upon arrival.

We were completely shocked upon arrival. Hotel looks filthy in general. The photos of this hotel on Booking.com are not accurate. Unwelcoming and robotic receptionist (except Ali and the female receptionist who worked in the evening shift, who are very helpful). We arrived around 1:45 pm or so and asked if we could check in early. One receptionist said there is only one room available we can check in and the other room won’t be available until 4:00 pm. A female receptionist then came out and told us that all the rooms won’t be available until 4:00 pm. It was confusing! However, we totally understand the check-in policy. We left but then came back to ask if we could use the rest room real quick since we had a very long drive and really need to use the restroom. The receptionist said NO even though we were their customers. She was cold, inhospitable, and frankly rude which reflects the lack of competence in customer service skills. The deluxe room was advertised to have a mountain view, but we only saw buildings and old houses; the bedding was questionable with lots of wrinkles. The rooms next door were undergoing remodeling and the noise was loud. We definitely never come back.

The AC was great and the service and the room wqs clean and the bed was so comfy too. I had a really
    • Deluxe Queen Room

They let me check in a little early and they let me check out late for only a fee of $50 extra. They had beautiful smiles and always made me feel welcome. I will definitely stay here again in the near future.

Good rest in a clean room... Staff were wonderful and helpful...
    • Premium Double Room

The outside of the hotel looks run down... very expensive for what it offers; however, Vancouver hotels are totally unreasonably priced...

Room was large and clean

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Not good value for money
    • Deluxe Double Room with Mountain View

Old hotel that really needs a renovation The swimming pool and the spa are located in the parking lot! The fitness room was closed for renovation

Not too far from the subway station (25 min away from city centre) Free parking

Not worth the money, at all.

Lack of competence in staff, booking error upon check-in even though reservation was made ahead of time, lack of customer service, building doesn’t seem up to code

King deluxe room is equivalent to a standard room in a decent hotel.

It's a budget hotel, manage your expectations and enjoy your time in a beautiful city.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Mountain View

The towels were thin and worn, carpets were old and stained and appointments were dated. However, an upgrade will likely raise prices.

The staff were very friendly and helpful; the beds were comfy; the shower was hot with strong water pressure. The wifi was very good. Proximity to bus stops and skytrain was excellent. The room had a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Rooms are simple and appointments dated - it's a budget hotel folks (not the Ritz-Carleton) manage your expectations and enjoy a clean, pest-free stay.

Value

Room deposit was cash or credit card. Wouldnt accept debit card. Carpet in room was badly stained and closet door was off its track.

Bed was clean and comfortable. Nice touch with the thank you card from staff with personalized message inside! Quick check out and return of deposit.

Terrible
    • Classic Queen Room

The first room we were given to was really filthy , dirty carpets and dusty has smudges on it. Lamps were so obsolete from 19 forgotten. The aircon was making too much noise. Unpleasant smell of the room 225 and was far from elevator but close to exit. I didn’t like the moment I stepped my foot on that door. No water heater. Dirty sink and bath tub looked like it hasn’t been used in a long time. Need more updates on furnitures. No microwave and fridge in the room. We had to pay extra to upgrade because we needed fridge to stock our fresh milk. The staff on duty at the reception was in a hurry, and have told us she is Pakistani or Feom India, no manners at all. She told us there were no other rooms available that it’s the last one. But few minutes later when we got up in the room and called the phone to complain another lady answered very courteous and find a way to transfer us to another room. I hate the fact that their staff needed to lie and another staff had given us a nicer room.

I only like the location that it’s closer to downtown area and restaurant.

We were not informed we have breakfast waiting.
    • Classic Queen Room

Had to wait a few minutes at front desk for service. I was not impressed with the hotel.

We were not informed we have breakfast waiting. The room was ok.

would not return

169$ for a below average room and still have to pay for internet?? The pillows wreaked of someone elses body odour and bleach. Nothing complimentary, could have gotten a better room with free wifi, complimentary breakfast, cleaner rooms at the Holiday Inn with a cheaper price.

there were no bedbugs.

That it allowed my dog to stay with me and Monica was a very...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The room key didnt work very well. It took awhile to get in the room

That it allowed my dog to stay with me and Monica was a very friendly and helpful staff member

The staff at desk were nice.
    • Classic King Room

my room was by the parking arcade, so heard when people were parking.

The staff at desk were nice. They had fruit, coffee, tea and cookies in reception area. Had a good sleep . THe location was aways from downtown.

Convenient location, easy access to major venues.
    • Classic Queen Room

Air quality was poor. The AC needs major clean-up and update and the windows do not open.

Convenient location, easy access to major venues. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Never using booking.com again and warning others to refrain as well!!!
    • Classic Double Room

EVERYTHING! Literally, a hovel would have been better. The facility was disgusting, cheap, everything broken, beds that were clearly 100 years old, dirty towels, and the list could go on forever. It was a huge, overpriced, waste of hard earned money. I am very disappointed with the hotel and with booking.com as this is now the second time I have used booking, and the second instance of a terrible experience and overpriced stay!

The staff were polite

Won’t be my first choice if I come back to Vancouver
    • Classic Double Room

Internet iffy, staff unavailable and/or difficult to understand and an ‘I don’t care’ attitude. No plug in by desk or table for laptop

Bed comfortable and room clean

WILL NEVER REPEAT IT
    • Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We left the hotel with a back pain because of the bad quality of the beds. Wifi is free but for limited Megabytes and for limited number of devices or you pay to buy few megabytes also .There was only one piece of toilet paper per day.My booking was for 5 persons including the age , unfortunately we got two queen beds barley enough for 4 persons, I called to tell the reception that our booking for 5 persons but their reply is to pay 50 C$ for an extra bed.I feel so sad for our stay there , by the way, there was a bad smell from the AC . I changed my mind about booking.com after this experience.

Elevator located in the building which make it easier if...
    • Classic Double Room

Wifi is limited, it is at extra cost if you need more data. Basement parking is dark & scary. Pre off deposit is way more higher than the room rate.

Elevator located in the building which make it easier if you've baggage & is staying upstairs.

I loved their indoor hot pool on the ground level lol awesome
    • Classic Queen Room

The room was bit cold Towels looked old, were more likely yellow than white lol It was quite noisy during over night,

I loved their indoor hot pool on the ground level lol awesome

Housekeeping staffs are very helpful and friendly.
    • Classic Double Room

One of the front desk staff unfriendly. WiFi was not free as promoted. Gym room was cold. The equipments on the room were broken or rusted.

Housekeeping staffs are very helpful and friendly. Restaurants and convenient stores around the hotel serve good foods and services

The staff is not really professional at all!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Mountain View

We switch room because we had two room booking at Cassandra. One room suppose to check out room 212 on Friday and other room 211 stayed until Saturday. I told them the TV was too small I like my sister room because we paid same. The staff FO confirm we can move and switch the room. But after 1 1/2 hours left, she said we can’t move or you just cancel the booking! I told her that you had been confirmed to us, a lot of witness but she refused and said I never said confirm but she did hand over the key room 212 to us before left. I said to her why you lies to us. She Keep said you can cancel the booking if you want. Thank you.

The staff is not really professional at all! No train.

I like the ambience of the atmosphere.
    • Classic Queen Room

I like the ambience of the atmosphere. The room was excellent stay that I would recommend to tourist. Most importantly, the staffs were excellent and professional in their service and commitment to their duty. To name a few staffs who attended to us were Frank, Ana, Andreas, A Filipino Lady Staff, A China Lady Staff as well. These people were exceptional and made our stay as much comfortable as it would meant to be.

Horrible stay!!!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Mountain View

hotel is old and smelly, bed was so uncomfortable. we asked for toilet paper and more towels and we were told that it was going to be written down and if I asked for more toilet paper then I would have to pay for it..... I would never stay here again

Receptionist when we checked in was super friendly and helpful.

Decent as a place to sleep.
    • Classic Queen Room

Accused of giving false information about how many nights we had to keep our dog with us(which was one). Charged without being talked to even though they had my contact information . Facility hours were not marked anywhere so we were disappointed to come back after a day of hiking to find the steam room and whirl pool closed

Nice and central
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The characters in the property and the smell of pot in some areas. Bit run down but clean enough.

Nice but needs a makeover. The room was clean but old. Pleasant but a bit overpriced. The reception girl was very kind and hospitable.

We had a really great experience at the Cassandra Hotel!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

There are definitely some needed updates, including the carpets.

We had a really great experience at the Cassandra Hotel! The staff was incredible, friendly and greeted us with a bottle of champagne. Our room was clean and the view of mountains & the city were really great. The location is so good! Close to transit and Metrotown! Would definitely stay here again!

It was no more or less than expected.
    • Classic Queen Room

The pipes rattled in the walls. The mattress was old and uncomfortable. We could hear every step from the room above us. No bags or buckets for ice.

The staff was very friendly. The room was fairly clean.

Staff tried hard to please but seemed to be restricted to...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Broken entry door,poor condition of car park entry,rubbish laying in car park spaces,gardens need upgrade dead or dying shrubs bushes flowers not a good look, door entry to underground parking took several times to register.

Staff tried hard to please but seemed to be restricted to offer best available service,cleaning staff where great only to keen to help, motel under refurbishment looked run down and worn out

Ok
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Staff were not the most welcoming, long wait at reception, outdated facilities, and had to wait 15 minites for them to check the room at check out which I was accused of stealing a hand towel...

Decent location but away from city center. Lots of good and shopping around within a short drive.

There was no toilet papers in the washroom, when we called...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Mountain View

Should work on everything.

There was no toilet papers in the washroom, when we called front desk, they said come down to reception and get it . Weird.

The staff were very helpful in resolving an issue with our...
    • Classic Queen Room

The air conditioner didn't work correctly. We had to rig it up to get it to run.

The staff were very helpful in resolving an issue with our room. The secure parking was great!

Very nice staff and lots of security.
    • Classic Double Room

I bit out if the way from everything it's nestled a bit into a neighborhood and the wifi was almost non-existent.

Very nice staff and lots of security.

Facility is really old, no wifi and pricey
    • Classic Double Room

Wifi was really bad, we ended up with 2 nights without Internet. We talked with them, but there's nothing to help because the wifi recepiton was too bad. We can only get internet if we stay around the concierge

Well, I got a relocation because of overbooking issue of another property from booking.com. The facility in this hotel is really old, and the wifi simply doesn't work in our room, which is just not too far away from the concierge - the reception was really bad. They charged us about 350 for one Saturday night, but I think we can easily find same type of room probably around 100, it's just like motel quality for us.

Terrible. Definitely would not recommend.

1. Requested 2 queen beds, received 1 King bed for 2 adults and 1 teenager 2. Extra WIFI charge for second or subsequent device, this was the only hotel out of 10 that we stayed in during our travels that had this policy. 3. Price extortionate. Totally overpriced for condition of Hotel. Terribly rundown.

Disappointing and overpriced
    • Classic Queen Room

There was no hot water at all in the shower and when we informed the staff, they basically said we were lying because they "checked" the water and it was hot. Also, we had reserved a king size bed and received a queen.

Adequate
    • Classic Queen Room

the place needs a serious reno it's rotting away and sounded like a pipe was broken in the wall somewhere or something. I'd say if they don't fix the place soon it'll be a tear down

Not much other than it had cable

Felt cheated as it was poor value for money.
    • Classic Double Room

No breakfast facility, no fridge in room to store breakfast items. Coffee making machine in room did not work properly, carpets were badly fitted and noise came from room above.

Checking out, in fairness the room was clean

I have travelled all over the states and South America, this...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I have travelled all over the states and South America, this is by far the most run down hotel I've stayed at yet for $250. I would b embarrassed to advertise this hotel on booking . Com. Do u people not even go look at the hotel before advertising it? So disappointed

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Expensive doss house.
    • Classic Double Room

Needs updating. Reception was closed as they were laying the floor. Not clean, it felt grubby. Towels were not adult size. Very dated and scruffy.

Staff were helpful.

Very musty smell in the lobby and throughout the hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Mountain View

Having to pay for wifi. Didn't have our room made up the whole three days we were there, we were lucky to get fresh towels.

Very musty smell in the lobby and throughout the hotel. Carpets were pulling off the floor making it easy to trip. Have to pay for wifi per device which was too bad for our three children.

Way better than I expected honestly. I would definitely stay again.
    • Classic King Room

The halls and stuff are a little ghetto. Tiny tiny tiny towels that aren't soft. Pretty pricey for location.

The room ac was amazing. Bed was incredibly comfortable. Kitchen in the room was cool. Didn't use it but it's nice. The staff were so nice and helpful. I feel like you should put ac in the office so they can be comfy too!

I will not rebook to this hotel until they finished their renovation. Ibeware of Room 311,
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Over all cleanliness of the room

Lanie the Operations Manager because she was able to accomodate our complaint, but it is too late since we already cancelled our remaining stay.

Nice people, very nice room, but far from everything.
    • Classic Queen Room

We didn't realize the neighborhood was so far from the city. Guess that was my fault. Also, breakfast not served and nothing in the neighborhood.

The a/c was out in the room (Queen) so we were transferred to another (King.) That turned a lemon into lemonade! We also liked being walking distance to the "light rail."

Bad experience..
    • Classic Double Room

Worst place ever..the carpet was very dirty.. tv is not working..no fridge no microwave..pillows and beddings stinks..wifi is limkted for one device only.. not safe for kids.. bad service .. verry disappointed.. will tell this experience to all my friends.

Its the worst hotel ever..very inconvenient.. so dirty and scary regarding safetiness of my children.. wifi is limited for one device only..tv is not working..no frideg and no microwave..the floor/carpet was veru dirty and the pillows and blanket stinks..we came to vancouver to unwind and relax but it turned out when we checked in to cassandra hotel we were veru stressed.. very poor service and very bad hotel.. will not recommend to all my friends ..

Was not good
    • Classic Queen Room

Diference between reservation fare and fare payed.

Very bat place. The fare for the hote that was anounced in reservation was increased. The staf in reception did not help.

nothing.
    • Classic Queen Room

shabby, run down dilapidated, dirty. Where the rug wasn't worn it was stained, where the wallpaper wasn't peeling it was dirty the lino in the bathroom had cigarette burns in it in a nonsmoking room. one channel on the tv weak and slow wifi. building poorly maintained. old saggy uncomfortable mattress outrageous price. What more can I say? minimal services. 2 very thin and threadbare towels in the bathroom one each I guess. plug in bathtub was broken, vanity countertop coming apart. Windows covered and stained by condensation very loud old air conditioner. Only place available because I booked last minute but still a derelict hotel that you shouldn't even list

nothing. oh they had a decent apple in the fruit bowl in the lobby

• Classic Double Room

It was a cheaper hotel than most so I didn't expect much but there were a lot of basic things that could have been done better. Paid for 3 adults but only received 2 towels, 2wash cloths 2 cups etc. When we tried to get more it was a struggle. WiFi for only 1 device per day per room and an $8 surcharge for each device per day. A bit rough considering that this is the modern ages here. Generally run down beyond acceptable standards. There was a promise of renovations being done but no evidence.

It was cheaper than most hotels.

Very shabby and bad location
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The hotel is very run down and the lobby was scruffy and all the carpet is dirty and very old throughout the hotel. The location was not very good and

The staff were very helpful and happy

not very impressed
    • Classic Double Room

we were sure we left our ipad there and we called the hotel again to claim it but was said that it was no where to be found. also the cleanliness of the room was very filthy the carpet was very wet for some reason so the room had a very stinky wet odor smell.

Interesting
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Making sure that you had enough towels for each person in your party. There was no extra toilet paper, so you had to find a manager to get an extra roll. The elevator didn't work part of the time. Power outage. Sometimes the phone wouldn't work, so you couldn't reach the manger. That meant with the elevator not working you had 3 flights of stairs to the manager on duty down stairs.

Hot water for showers. Secure parking for your car.

Poor quality, not as advertised.
    • Classic Double Room

Beds were awful, mattresses ancient and caving in the middle, impossible to get any sleep, both sauna and whirlpool broken, WiFi code only for one device per room, charged security deposit upfront not disclosed during booking.

The staff were nice
    • Classic Double Room

It was not clean and the elevator didn't work well the door had to be opened with force. The vending machine didn't work. The hot water wouldn't work both mornings we stayed there. Housekeeping didn't bring clean towels or toilet paper till asked. The room wasn't cleaned while we were out. And the hotel overall had stuff stored openly, just didn't look clean or welcoming.

The staff were nice

Such waste of Money
    • Classic Double Room

once we arrived we found cops in the lobby dealing with drunk men my kids were so afraid the smell of the carpet in the Lobby was discussing and SO DIRTY the AC in the room was very noisy , the linen and towels were very old and in very bad condition the sauna and the Hot Bath Tub looks very ugly and never been renovated , bad smell and saw cockroach don`t waste your money in this unsafe and dirty hotel

the only thing we like in this hotel is the kindly girl staff that works in the afternoon she tried her best to helps us she was so kind and welcoming

Staff fabulous, facility update needed.
    • Classic Double Room

The hotel carpet was falling apart, the carpet was cut and only concrete under the beds, signs of mold, somewhat dirty and remnants left behind from previous visitors. I believe their is only one person who cleans the entire hotel, a very sweet person and helpful. For our stay the power went out in town and then the hot water tank broke so we left with cold shower. Another guest in the lobby had just had his window smashed and his computer taken. We were told not to park in the lot by the street, but in the gated off parking garage.

The staff was super sweet, kind, and accommodating.

One of the worst hotels ever.
    • Classic Double Room

This place was absolutely awful. Filthy and generally poorly maintained. No one should ever book here, this is basically a transient hotel and not something suitable for the average traveler.

There really wasn't anything to like.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Wi-fi single very poor you can't use it the toilet...
    • Classic Double Room

Wi-fi single very poor you can't use it the toilet can't flash the bed make my back very painful include the service very poor also I don't understand why they give me the handicap room

Cosy , coveniant but tired.
    • Classic Queen Room

This hotel is in dyer need of an upgrade .The carpets despreatly need replacing with thread bare patch on the stairs held together with staples. The TV in the room was an old tube type not digital and the A/C was an old through the wall type that was very noisy, so much so I couldn't sleep with it on and when the room above turned there's on I could here it rumbling away. The windows were very dirty and only single glazed , for a city who's weather is predominantly cold I would have thought double glazing would be the norm. No breakfast was available but the room does come with tea and coffee, although making the tea is a pain as the room only come with a coffee drip machine which has to used to give you hot water for your tea so you have to run enough water through it to get ride of the coffee taste before you can make a tea. Wifi although advertised at $9 per 24 hour blocks was free but a new code was issued each day so you had to go down to the lobby to get it each day and only for one device.

The staff were friendly and helpful , The room could be best described as cosy . Plenty of hot water for a bath and my room had a view of the mountains although it was viewed through very dirty windows. The hotel is on the number 19 bus route which either goes west to stanley park via down town or east to Metrotown shopping mall . Lots of little eateries within walking distance ,as is the skytrain station just a 10 minute walk down joyce st. When most hotels are asking $250+ a night the Cassandra at $150 including taxes is a good alternative.

I missed reading the bad reviews
    • Classic Queen Room

Beds were saggy. After taxes I paid about CAD $150 which is way overpriced. Wifi not included and cost CAD $8. No breakfast included. We had to get separate passwords that allowed only a certain amount of time and data. No lobby to sit in. Thin carpet in the lobby that was peeling away. Rooms smelled moldy. No refrigerator. Towels were very thin. I think they are used to a rougher crowd. I got the nonrefundable payment so I regret it.

The place was quiet as there were not many guests. I saw a wet paint sign so maybe they will do more improvements.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Fairly inexpensive but not worth it
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Staff was not very attentive. Rooms were not clean. Property is old but not quaint. It's low budget with everything that implies. Only Asian food nearby. No breakfast offered.

Price was ok. Parking was secure.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Hotel Run Down
    • Deluxe Double Room with Mountain View

the hotel was pretty expensive considering the mouldy curtains and windows. If they are not going to clean / maintain a good appearance than do not make people pay $180+/night. Should be under $100 for what you get there.

the bed appeared clean

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Unassumingly comfortable.
    • Classic Queen Room

On the outside, this hotel looks quite run-down and old. However, it's not quite the same story when you enter the rooms.

The staff were wonderful! Love their cheerful disposition and their willingness to share information about the neighborhood. The rooms were quite comfortable and clean. Great views of the mountains!

• Deluxe Queen Room

• asking for $200 deposit when we arrived in the hotel which was not stated in the hotel policy in booking.com • room was terribly hot. aircondition was not functioning well. we need to call 4 times before they did something. they said they were fully booked but later on they changed our room • payed $250 something for the hotel. payed for wifi but they just gave us 1 day access • i brought my own towel with the same color as theirs, but different size obviously, then the maid took my own towel when the cleaned up our room • hair dryer was defective as well, i turned the switch on then there's electricy coming out from the hair dryer • we were in the pool after 11pm but the staff told us that we're not allowed to use the pool at that time of day. there were NO signs posted to let the hotel guest know about the hours of the pool • we travel all the way from edmonton to vancouver which took us 16 hrs drive and we're expecting a comfortable hotel to stay in, unfortunately got the wrong hotel booked. the management should be more considerate with their guest like us who travelled long to enjoy vancouver. • nothing was offered as a part of their customer service, all i can hear was "sorry" from the hotel staff. i would definitely not recommend this hotel. our stay was extremely terrible. •

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

I satisfy staying in cassandra hotel and I appreciate kin clerk of that hotel.
    • Classic Double Room

I could not open window but it has a really good air condition and I was able to bring fresh air from outside to my room by its fan.hotel is good.

The clerks was wonderful.My room was good.they give me with good price.The hotel is located near sky train.Ihave a good experience of that hotel.

The Hotel hadn't been updated in years.
    • Classic Queen Room

The Hotel hadn't been updated in years. No comforters on any of the beds. Just the sheets and a thin blanket. The wifi passwords were only good for 24 hours. On the first day I was given two pass codes for my phone and laptop. On the second night with different staff behind the desk they would only allow me one pass code. The vending machines were almost totally empty. No food items just a limited soda selection.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Not too bad but not impressive either
    • Classic Queen Room

Rooms need updating, need fridge and microwave, some new carpet would do wonders. When you check out, they send someone up to check the room- so they must have some rather questionable guests giving them serious problems. I'm a business man in my 60's and have not had any other hotel do that in several years. I saw them to the same thing to an older couple who checked out right before me.

Really nice staff, but place is really dated, just a small TV set, no microwave or fridge, did have a good coffee maker and still not a bad value for your money. It is a good location on Kingsway near big Safeway grocery store, BC Liquor store, and restaurants.

Great value; felt safe & comfortable
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Bathroom fan and heat light not working = lower rating for cleanliness because of dried dripping on perpendicular surfaces.

Amazing shower pressure! A wall of windows with great mountain views and sunlight for basking.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

A fun and affordable time in Vancouver
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Tke Cassandra is an older hotel in an older Asian district. It is a mix of modern,westernized,to older more traditional Asian and East Indian restaurants. The hotel (while quite old) was set up for security and had a safe feeling to it. I felt It had good value. When I had a bed problem we were changed(to an upgraded room) with no argument or question. The staff was all friendly and efficient. The Cassandra is an older hotel but all features are kept in reasonably good repair. The parking is very secure and mostly covered. The area is full of very interesting reasonable priced ethic restaurants and stores that we also had good experiences in and is a must visit area! I also felt safer in the evenings wandering around the area than in many of the areas of the same vintage in much of down town. I will be back! Don from Kelowna.

Great value!

It's a bit old.

The location is great, right next to skytrain and lots of restaurants. And there are free parking. The gentleman at the reception is very friendly. Great value.

Staff is friendly and helpful specially Ramon, the housekeeper before we left is pleasant $ helpful
    • Classic Double Room

the place specially the front of the hotel is not inviting. Some broken piece of the tarpaulin is hanging out. The place is friendly too bad that the place is not so inviting most of the facilities are old and broken.

Ramon the Front desk supervisor was so accomodating, Friendly and always happy to help.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

cheap price poor quality rooms.
    • Classic Double Room

False advertising on site. The place should be condemned. There was mold in our bathroom. Not enough towels. Room wasn't cleaned to standards. Dirty building even in under ground parking there was garbage everywhere. Front desk not experienced at job.

The bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Customer Service Extraordinaire!
    • Classic Double Room

That the 1st room didn't have a flat screen : )

The Staff, the staff & the staff! I would like to honour commend & say with huge sense of Gratitude to the Manager Lani- who went above & beyond. She renewed my faith in Man/Women Kind & she Exuded what it means to put the Customer 1st. She saw a glitch with our reservation & as we were leaving wondering (where to go when the city was booked... )she got me a room when the hotel was full, took care of us for our troubles & then put in personal time to make sure we were safe comfortable & taken care of. This was all on a busy March Break Sunny Friday afternoon. This magician didn't even break a sweat! All Companies in this industry should be so lucky to have a LANI working for them!

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Good location. Okay to stay for a night.
    • Classic Queen Room

Towels and toilet have stains. 1G limited wifi per room. Residents were drinking and smoking pot which may not for travelers with kids.

Close to downtown and restaurants. Very friendly staffs. Extra security door which needs assess card to entre hotel.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Not Up to standards for a firstworld country hotel!
    • Classic Double Room

The Cassandra Hotel charges guests for the use of a refrigerator and electric kettle! They also charge extra for Wifi use! Their room toilets do not have a window!And the toilet floor does not even have a gully for waste water drainage!The toiletries were lacking as there were no bath/shower gels provided!the whole hotel looks old and over due for a renovation.The room ceiling walls had peeling paint while the washroom door knob was loose and got stuck several times! It is truly a disgrace for a hotel like Cassandra to be in a first world country like Canada!

The view was nice.