Reviews of Hotel Chateau Bellevue 3 stars

16 rue de la Porte, G1R 4M9 Quebec City, Canada

#36 of 104 hotels in Quebec City

Front Desk Jonathan was outstanding.
    • Superior Queen Room

The room had a slanted ceiling and the bed was positioned so that we keep banging our head when getting in or out of bed. Overall the room was good and I'd come again.

Front Desk Jonathan was outstanding. Good guy.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

The location and price were a bargain.
    • Deluxe Room

If I were staying longer than a couple of nights, I would have appreciated a larger common area to sit and enjoy the wine from the dispenser.

The location and price were a bargain. The valet parking a plus and the staff were helpful. All spoke excellent English, very nice for this American traveler. I would recommend it.

Hidden Gem
    • Deluxe Room

Location location location...........it's a gem! Staff are super helpful and friendly. Hotel very clean. Did not participate in the breakfast but the free morning coffee in the lobby was wonderful.

Extremely good located next to Frontenac.

Extremely good located next to Frontenac. It is really 5 minutes from the main square (upper town) and close to the funiculaire. Rooms aren't too big, but fine for a short stay. I would go to this hotel again!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Great Stay at Chateau Bellevue
    • Executive King Room

No refrigerator in room - no safe

Wonderful location - great staff - very clean Nickolas at the front desk was extremely helpful and nice - gave great travel tips Anthony at front desk also very helpful Nice cozy lobby

a wonderful area and place to explore. This hotel is in a fantastic area.
    • Deluxe Room

The front door is tricky if you have bad knees as I do. The breakfast was not included even though the price tag was high.

The room was quiet with super comfortable bedding. The bathroom was spacious and clean. There is an elevator for your convenience. It was located exactly in the right area for a Chateau Frontenac and surrounding Old Quebec City walking visit. We easily walked around to find restaurants and then return to the hotel to freshen up before heading out again.

Beautiful quaint hotel in the heart of Old Quebec. Quiet location, one block from the busy street.

Nothing we didn’t like.

Staff was excellent and friendly. I have to travel with medication that requires refrigeration. The staff kept my freezer packs in a freezer for me and my medicine in a refrigerator. Every morning they kindly gave me the medication from the refrigerator and returned it when I was finished. Very very accommodating!

Fantastic!
    • Superior Queen Room

Elevator is quite slow, so I usually took the stairs.

Staff is very friendly and helpful. Entire place is spotless, even the stairwells. Location couldn’t be better for access to Old Town.

Old Quebec is unforgettable in every way and have dear hopes to return and stay at The Bellevue.
    • Superior Queen Room

A more spacious room(it was the Superior model), bur stiil very clean and comfortable.

Location at the price was superb. If ur looking for glitz, this is old world comfort in an unforgettable location.

Wonderfull stay in Quebec City
    • Classic Double Room

Very central location, near of everything in Quebec City and just behind Frontenac Chateau. Very clean room and hotel and very confortable bed and pillows. Free facilities for coffee, tea and juice 24h / day. Valet parking.

Loved the location!
    • Deluxe Room

Getting to the hotel was a nightmare, driving through the city. And we had booked this hotel because it was pet friendly, I sent an email making sure they knew we were travelling with our dog and received a reply saying “we would love to have your furry pet stay with us, please not it will be a $25 fee”. When we arrived they said they had no info that we had a pet with us, and our deluxe king room that we had booked was not pet friendly. So they found a “solution” and down graded us to a pet friendly king room, but offered no compensation. When I asked if there was a difference in cost I was told “not really” and then said “my manager wanted to charge you double to stay in your deluxe room, so I found you a solution”..... then after a few mins of discussing that we had gotten confirmation we could bring our dog, through our reservation number, they found the notification and proceeded to compensate us 1 free night of parking, valued at $19 which apparently was the cost difference from our deluxe king to the standard king.

Loved the location! Right downtown, minutes to boardwalk. Heart of the city.

A Perfect Stay in Old Quebec
    • Classic Double Room

The location was wonderful, looking out on to a park, and beyond that the boardwalk with incredible views of the St. Lawrence River. Easy walking distance to everything in Old Quebec: restaurants, museums, churches. And the staff was just about the most friendly and helpful I have ever encountered. In that category, I must mention Nicholas and Anthony, both of whom provided great restaurant recommendations, map assistance, and tips for making my stay fantastic. They were warm, friendly and helpful.

The location is great!
    • Classic Double Room

My car was left opened by the staff when they were parking it. The staff was friendly but not helpful when I brought up to their attention the issue the response was "that shouldn't have happened".

The location is great!

Great location! Close to everything we wanted to do.
    • Executive King Room

They offer breakfast, however it is a little pricey for what you get. We also had to pay for parking which I also thought was a little pricey.

It was located in Old Quebec City. Everything we wanted to do was within walking distance of the hotel.

Loved our stay there. Loved the city. Loved the food Not enough time in a day to explore everything.
    • Deluxe Room

No fridge to keep drinks cold.

Hotel location was excellent! Very close to everything, all within walking distance. I would definitely stay here again.

A perfect place to enjoy beautiful Quebec City.
    • Classic Double Room

The room was a bit small .

Very helpful staff. Complimentary coffee ,tea and fresh fruit available in reception all day and an excellent buffet continental breakfast. Lots of bars and restaurants nearby. Perfect location in the old town for sightseeing on foot. Parking available on site.

Very enjoyable stay with helpful friendly staff.
    • Classic Double Room

Maybe having a small refrigerator in the rooms would be good.

Great location, very friendly helpful staff. So easy to find everything around and very quiet. Very comfortable bed.

There are other hotels nearby for similar prices, to I have been, and are a lot better.
    • Classic Double Room

The value for money is probably the lowest I have seen. The name of the hotel is Bellevue ("baeutiful view"), however what I had was a nice view to the front of car parking just outside, blocking all light (I think the room level was a lower than the parking level, actually). The room was very dark.

Location, near to old Québec and points of interest. Staff was friendly.

Receptionist spoke English when I had spoken poor French.
    • Superior Queen Room

Receptionist spoke English when I had spoken poor French. It makes communication much easier. The location is very good, close to Fontenac, and it is in the vielle ville. Easy to walk in the old city.

Location, location, location!
    • Superior Queen Room

Room is a little dated and it would not take much to improve it a little... We didn’t mind too much as it was clean and functional.

Location is perfect! Room was clean and just what we needed for a short stay. The weather was nice enough so we could open the window and sleep with a nice fresh breeze from the St-Lawrence river.

We needed to leave one night before, so we tried to cancel...
    • Deluxe Room

We needed to leave one night before, so we tried to cancel and get a refund for the last night. We did it at 5:10pm instead of at 4:00 pm. They denied it and didn’t even reduce the fee, which is very high for what you get.

Overall good

Room was well appointed

The breakfast food layout and quality was poor and needs thought. An improvement in this area would lift our opinion of the hotel.

Nice hotel with great location!
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast was not included. But the city has great places for breakfast....

The location is perfect. Very close to the Chateau Frontenac. The hotel is nice, the bed and the shower are very good. And the staff is very polite and helpfull. It was a great choice.

Perfect location, nice staff, nice rooms, very clean
    • Classic Double Room

the wifi login system basically requires the connection to drop anytime you go idle. I logged into the internet maybe 20 times during my two night stay. Room size was perfect for me as a solo traveler, but would be cramped for a lengthy stay with two people.

Perfect location, nice staff, nice rooms, very clean

I didn't appreciate having to take out the metal stopper...
    • Classic Double Room

I didn't appreciate having to take out the metal stopper before taking a shower I've never had to do this in all the years we've travelled.

Great location-pay more and get Queen bed and a view room.
    • Classic Double Room

It said we got breakfast there for 9.00 a day but when we got there it was 15.00 and he would not honour our booking sheet that said 9.00 Double beds were super tiny and short. Husbands feet hung over end and he’s only 5’ 11”. Our room overlooked the parking lot. Our fault should have paid a bit more I guess, but the pictures were all so lovely of the rooms, but obviously not showing the cheaper ones at all.

The location was amazing couldn’t be better, I think if we’d paid a bit more and gotten a better room it would have been fantastic.

Basic accommodation with good location.
    • Classic Double Room

-14c outside and when we got into our room the window was wide open and it was absolutely freezing and there was very little heat coming from the radiator. We complained and they brought us in a small heater fan but it took hours for the room to get anywhere near warm enough to be comfortable. Bed was lumpy and not enough blankets on the bed. Also was charged extra on my card for a refundable deposit and it would take up to a week to go back onto my card!!!!

Free drinks and Location.

Great location with a "belle vue"
    • Superior Queen Room

Nothing I didn't like but as big plus would be a simple breakfast buffet included in the room price (e.g., fresh and quality french croissants, bread, and homemade confitures, possibly also egg&bacon, etc). - my two cents-:)

Friendly staff. Nice view on the park and river from our basic room on the main floor. Quiet location yet walking distance to everything Old Québec City has to offer.

Bellevue
    • Superior Queen Room

Noisy rooms. Paper thin walls. Can hear EVERYTHING in neighbouring rooms and hallways.

Location was prime. Very central old city. Easy access to everything.

Location great.
    • Classic Double Room

There are 6 - 8 steep entry steps then 2 doors to open. Difficult with luggage. Possibly taxi driver tip $ enticed him to carry heavier bags to foyer. Staff did not help. Booking.com sheet advised continental breakfast cad $9..on check in told now now $15pp. We ate at smith @co..about 300m walk near tourist office.

Location is upper old quebec city. 100m to funicular. Rooms are good. Good view across park to sea way. Our 2nd stay room was larger. A good venue, great location. Coffee tea hot chocolate from machine in foyer. As are apples bananas. Many cafes restaurants within 300m. Tourst office 100m. Good room wifi.

In all, a lovely hotel that we look forward to enjoying again.
    • Superior Queen Room

Rather soft bed, breakfast seemed a little overpriced compared to what is available within walking distance.

This hotel provided the two of us with a fantastic home base for our first 3 night Quebec City getaway. It is perfectly situated for enjoying all of the old town by foot. The staff were all courteous and knowledgeable, and tolerated our poor attempts to speak French while accommodating English easily. We came by car, and though they have to valet your car they made this process painless, going so far as to clean the snow off of it before pulling it up! 24/7 juice and coffee were a nice touch. We did not try the breakfast, choosing instead to enjoy brunch out every day (which seemed a better value).

Perfect location within Old Quebec.
    • Classic Double Room

You could hear the guests in the adjoining rooms, especially when they showered. This meant that we had interrupted sleep.

Perfect location within Old Quebec.

We had been there before.
    • Classic Double Room

We had been there before.. We did not eat the breakfasts as we felt 30$ was a bit steep when there were so many nearby places for a better rate. The locations is an excellent one for enjoying the city.

not sure if we would stay here again... despite the fab location and friendly staff. Value for $$

The bedding was heavy and scratchy - cotton duvet is much better quality for the money. We booked two rooms (king and a double). The double bed in the 2nd room was small and my two adult daughters (25 and 27) were more than a little cramped. Surprised at the extra $15 price tag for breakfast - the food was not of sufficient quality to warrant that... so the 6 of us found much better food than the $90 in total that would have cost us.

location, location, location - staff were also quite friendly. Lobby wine vending machine also a hit.

Decent but not exceptional. Not worth the higher price.
    • Superior Queen Room

The toilet was loose and whenever someone used it, it would bang up against the wall and wake the other occupants. The rooms are very dry, need more humidity. The electrical plugs in the room are very loose. It was difficult to keep anything plugged in, including their lights, because the plugs would fall out. Wifi is difficult to use, as it requires logging in every time you shut off your browser.

Nice location, poor breakfast with cool staff.
    • Classic Double Room

Price of the breakfast wasn't the one advertised when I booked. Bed is a little tiny but it was ok. By the way, almost all hotels have breakfast at $15 per person. You can find this price in many restaurants. So, is a good idea to have breakfast in different places as you will have different experiences and will pay almost the same price. Highly suggest the Paillard

Value for the price and cleanliness. Location was pretty good

Fantastic Location in Old Quebec
    • Classic Double Room

Very friendly and helpful staff in a great location near the boardwalk in Old Quebec. Room was small but very comfortable and clean. Great value for its location...

Location location location!
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast not included in room rate.

Great location! Right by Dufferin Terrace.. central to everything. We loved the welcoming message we received from the hotel the night before we due to stay. It felt very personalised and made us feel valued. The room itself is a little small but it was cosy enough for us nonetheless! Staff welcoming and allowed us to check in early and gave us the option of storing our bags. Overall, a great stay!

Great visit to Quebec city enhanced by stay at Chateau Bellevue
    • Superior Queen Room

Only issue. Room much smaller than appeared in photos

Pos: Loved the place. Great location. Comfortable bed. would definitely stay there again. Very Good value for money.

Great location, great staff, very clean!
    • Classic Double Room

Great location, great staff, very clean! We had a small room (double bed), but met our needs. There is a (very, very small) gym, which we made use of and a spa (which we didn't make use of). All-in-all best value for your money. We'd definitely stay here again.

Good for a short stay.
    • Classic Double Room

The room was small but manageable considering we only stayed one night. The bathroom did not have any hand soap and there was little to no sink/counter space for toothbrush,toothpaste, makeup ect.

Complimentary coffee was nice. Nickolas was the one responsible for our check-in and he was friendly and accommodating.

Good experience.
    • Classic Double Room

The walls are thin, we could hear the snores coming from other rooms or hear when they were talking. It wasn't too loud and we were able to sleep anyway.

Location was perfect and the rooms very comfortable.

The localization is great!
    • Classic Double Room

The size of the room. Is really small and it has carpet, that during winter it doesn't seem to be the smartest option for keeping the room clean.

The localization is great!

Well we got engaged so not much more can be said to better sum up our adventure at the Hotel Bellevu
    • Superior Queen Room

Breakfast options were horrible and cost 9$. Wouldn't pay 2$ for what was presented. My finance was disappointed with the gym facilities--tiny space in the basement, weights did not go above 15lbs

Complimentary tea coffee and water were fabulous! Staff was helpful and engaging. Rooms had character and historical feeling. Location was perfect!

Great location with parking
    • Classic Double Room

Room size was a bit small but it was acceptable given it's location.

Great location, also has parking available, even allow me to park after I've checked-out for an additional charge. The hotel is right next to the chateau Frontenac right in the centre of the old town.

The location is great and the room is cozy.
    • Classic Double Room

Sound proofing is not good. I could hear noise from other rooms sometimes.

The location is great and the room is cozy. I also like that the hotel offers free juice and fruits everyday.

Excellent location, very friendly receptionists, nice to be...
    • Executive King Room

Thin wall, you can hear everything if someone is walking or talking in the hallway

Excellent location, very friendly receptionists, nice to be able to have free juices 24/7

Location was great, staff very friendly, coffee and tea...

Rooms didn’t look like the bookin.com pics, older and smaller, but they were well kept.

Location was great, staff very friendly, coffee and tea readily available before heading out into the cold!

Excellent location with knowledgeable stall
    • Classic Double Room

Stain in carpet could have bee scrubbed better but previous guest must have had a bad spill, it was in process of being cleaned

Loved the wine bar and the choices of hot drinks in the lobby for guests

Location, location, location
    • Classic Double Room

The room was really small and quite old but I wasn't looking for a 5 star hotel. Location is really important to me.

The hotel is in an amazing location neighbouring Chateau Frontenac, the Old Town and many other sights. The staff were really helpful and the hotel had a bit of a B&B vibe.

We will stay again. Location great. Staff very friendly. Rooms clean but walls are thin.
    • Superior Queen Room

Walls not too sound proof. Rooms are small. Parking was expensive.

Excellent location (of course). Staff very friendly and extremely helpful. Hotel very clean.

Great hotel for exploring old Quebec

Very little not to like. Basic breakfast but a basic price so no complaints!

Great location. Comfortable hotel and room. Complimentary juices,teas and coffee available 24hrs was a nice touch. Helpful staff

Romantic Hotel in a Great Location
    • Superior Queen Room

The room was spacious and had a nice view. The location is perfectly situated near the boardwalk and lower town. The hotel had so much charm and was very romantic for my vacation with my boyfriend.

Superb!
    • Classic Double Room

The Wi-Fi in my suite did not work, but there was a common PC in the lounge that all guests could use.

This is an amazing hotel! Every member of staff was polite and they gave me a superb suite facing the river. My suite had an amazing spa bathroom. I did not try their breakfast as I tried a different bakery every day. But they offered free coffee/tea/juice all day at the hotel! Location is excellent! Service quality was excellent. Even the toiletries were eco-friendly. I would highly recommend Chateau Bellevue to everyone.

Look for something else!
    • Classic Double Room

Very poor wifi (had to ask several times a day to reset the wifi because it didn't work), small bed, small dark room (three very weak lights), strange smell in the elevator/corridor, check-in only as from 16h00. They ask you a pre-authorisation on your credit card of 50 CAD PER DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never seen this before and NOT DONE at all (in case you smoke in your room or if you drink wine ... from the minibar which isn't in your room!), although they have your credit card number! There are many hotels nearby, so look first there before booking this one!

Nice location, close to everything in Old Quebec. Free tea, coffee, juices and fruit during your stay.

the coffee was lackluster.
    • Superior Queen Room

better coffee, bigger room with flat ceiling, but I think we were in the attic park of the dormer roof, so I shouldn't complain.

the coffee was lackluster. But we found that to be the case in all of Quebec. The breakfast room didn't look inviting so we did not partake. The room was smaller than expected with a large imposing slanted sealing to bump our heads on....bed was comfy, bathroom was sufficient. Location unbeatable. WE would stay there again!!

Great location, clean and comfortable bed and linen,
    • Superior Queen Room

The elevator was not terrific, but there were stairs.

The wine dispensary and selection was great! Loved the opening windows and friendly an knowledgeable staff

Wonderful place to stay. The staff are exceptional. Would stay there again.
    • Superior Queen Room

It was difficult to climb the stairs because they are old and so are we. We did not use the breakfast offered at the hotel because we had jet lag and slept. I heard others saying it was ok.

Overall this is a great property close to everything. They park the horse and carriage just outside the hotel and there is a beautiful park across the street. They also have a wine dispenser which I saw a lot of people using.

Location is awesome.
    • Superior Queen Room

It is easy to hear noises in the hall. Fortunately we had conscientious neighbors.

Location is awesome. Extremely quite area. Walking distance to anywhere in old town.

The location of the property was the best feature.
    • Superior Queen Room

The location of the property was the best feature. We were in the heart of Old Quebec and within walking distance to numerous restaurants and attractions. You capture the vibe of the city. Small boutique hotel gives you a feeling of home.

Not very comfortable especially given the cost.
    • Classic Double Room

Loved the location .Very quiet yet a short walk to everything.

Great location.Room sizes were very small and bed size was even smaller.Nobody uses double beds any more.Rooms are not well insulated and noise transference from the rooms next is great.Hearing the person in the next room talk and snore.

Perfect hotel for a city trip to Quebec !
    • Classic Double Room

Room photo on Booking.com is totally different compaired to the real situation. :-(

Located in the upper part of Quebec, on very close walking distance of the city center, and via the cable train, to the cruise terminal.

• Classic Double Room

Breakfast appalling food n coffee cold orange juice off not worth nine dollars no butter over two days Woman heard to complain after coming there for 20 years No fridge medications that required it had to go downstairs grumpy girl at reception

Beautiful, relaxing, and romantic city in a perfectly placed hotel!
    • Classic Double Room

This has nothing to do with the hotel, but be aware that Quebec City is primarily a tourist town, specifically Old Town. Everything was pricey, and although we knew that coming in, it was still quite a shock! Be prepared, and don't think twice about sharing meals and venturing out of the walled city for meals!

Very close to the boardwalk and within walking distance to every corner of the old town, and even some parts of the new town! The hotel had great amenities like free drinks 24/7 and a wine dispensing machine (the best)! The bed was very comfortably (we had a regular deluxe room) and the bathroom was clean with great water pressure and hot water on demand. The staff was all very friendly and helpful, and at the end of our stay, they called us a cab to the train station who arrived exactly on time! We would definitely stay here again!

Château Bellevue any time.
    • Superior Queen Room

Breakfast room a little tight. View of the room to the fire escape.. ok it is old town BUT , why the junk outside the window, specially since there is already no view...

Lovely atmosphere, friendly and knowledgeable staff. Great location in old Quebec, so close to the Main Street, port and château Frontenac. Easy walk to the water front,

Escape in old Quebec city
    • Classic Double Room

It was noisy until late in the evening, and the heating system was difficult to set. The cleaning equipment seems to stand in the corridor morning to evening.

The location, in the old city in front of a park, the atmosphere of the hotel in general and the decor of the room, and free drinks available at all time in the lobby were all very nice.

Wonderful experience in QUEBEC.
    • Superior Queen Room

Excellent hotel. Right across from a park and down the street from the Chateau Frontenac. For an older hotel the room was modern and clean. Elevator. Good continental breakfast. Wine vending machine in the lobby. Valet parking. In the middle of the old town. Window opened for fresh air.

This hotel is one of my all-time favorites.

Can’t think of a thing was less than perfect

Beautifully remodeled hotel. I’ve stayed there in the past and will stay again. My bed was embracing. Huge bath tub with water jets was relaxing, and good-looking staff.

A central starting point to visit Quebec
    • Superior Queen Room

The breakfast room and the breakfast are depressing

The location is perfect, the hotel is old and lacks charme. The room as well as the bathroom were ok but nothing more

Enjoyable stay in a old Hotel.
    • Classic Double Room

The bathroom was small. The breakfast was not the best.

Location was great. The staff very friendly and helpful. If you want a modern hotel with all the facilities, Do not stay in old Quebec. We loved the old hotel. The free coffee, tea and juices all day were good. The valet parking was good and the hotel was in a quite location, however the walls were quite thin and you could hear noises in the room next door. We did not use the air conditioner so not sure how noisy it was. We throughly enjoyed our stay.

Good hotel for a short stay
    • Classic Double Room

Some of the rooms have been renovated, others are very old. It is not quite clear what you will get when you book.

Great location, friendly, helpful staff

Old hotel but all buildings in old town are more than 100 years old

Excellent location, all major attractions, great restaurants can be reached walking. Quite clean room, comfortable bed. Friendly, helpful staff. Coffee and fruits available in lobby at any time. Highly recommend

The perfect hotel for a stay in Old Quebec!

Absolutely nothing

The location of this hotel was outstanding! The staff was really exceptional and spoke English and French equally well. We had a deluxe room which was very spacious with two windows overlooking the quaint little street out front. The horse drawn carriages went by frequently adding to the wonderful atmosphere of Old Quebec. We just loved the hotel for its decor and quaint little touches that took you back in time. The breakfast in the morning was very worthwhile.

Would stay here again. Highly recommended.
    • Deluxe Room

We had a corner room. It was huge, had a very comfortable king size bed, great pillows, very clean. The location was perfect, very close to everything. The staff was wonderful, very helpful in making reservations for us, and made valuable suggestions as to where to eat, and what to see. Couldn't be more pleased. We did not eat breakfast there, but it looked adequate.

Very good hotel in Quebec old city
    • Superior Queen Room

The decor of the room could be nicer.

Very good hotel in the old city centre of Quebec, in the upper town, in front of Chateau Frontenac. Very good valet service parking if you are coming by car as we did.