Reviews of Chateau Repotel Duplessis 3 stars

6555 boulevard Wilfrid-Hamel, G2E 5W3 Quebec City, Canada

#62 of 103 hotels in Quebec City

Based on 2089 hotel reviews

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Perfectly adequate - take some additional things for breakfast
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

The breakfast was very poor. OK, for the price it met a basic need. I guess I shouldn't have expected any more and didn't get it. Unless you want dismal restaurant fast-food, there is nothing nearby to recommend eating in this locality. Even a Chinese Restaurant some two kilometers away was very ordinary.

It met most our requirements for a one night stop-over between Montreal and Quebec. Our room was clean and the bathroom was fine.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

We had to change our night 48 hours in advance and you...
    • Non-Smoking Room with Two Double Beds (Single or Double Occupancy)

We had to change our night 48 hours in advance and you charged us almost double the cost of the room. The hotel was even disgusted with this business practice. You will get no more business from us.

Both room and bathroom were very dirty (with fungus and also...
    • Non-Smoking Room with Two Double Beds - Quadruple Occupancy

Both room and bathroom were very dirty (with fungus and also generally unclean) and had a disguisting smell. Such poor level of hygiene should not be found in any hotel, regardless of how cheap it is. I travel a lot and can tolerate much, but I found this hotel to be unacceptably dirty.

Will not go back.
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

The furniture in the room is old. You have to pay for the coffee that is in the room. The breakfast room improvised in the basement, because the one on the main floor is too small, is pitiful!!!

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

The overall hotel is clean and the staff were accommodating.
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

The breakfast is in the basement which wouldn't be bad but the elevator takes a long time to get there to take you back upstairs.

The overall hotel is clean and the staff were accommodating.

King bed, clean everywhere, the ac was blowing cold,...
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

Parking is kinda fishy, because there is some construction nearby.

King bed, clean everywhere, the ac was blowing cold, breakfast included was basic but good selection.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Pleasant one night stay
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

Even though the continental breakfast was complimentary some cereal options would have been good and not such a range of bread options

Close to airport easy to find handy to a range of eating places

Quite room.
    • Non-Smoking Room with Two Double Beds - Quadruple Occupancy

Small room for family of 5. Not clear and difficult to adjust hot/cold water. Not clean enough. Found puffer from previous guest under the bed. Was there during our whole stay. 4 towels for 5. Plastic cups for breakfast.

Quite room. Location. Helpful staff.

Pitiful breakfast, Active construction site next door!
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

Breakfast was pitiful. Worst and least to offer in all our month long travels. Had to eat breakfast out. They even charge you for the room coffee machine capsules. Construction site just next to our side of the hotel with bull- dozers and dump trucks every morning!

Big, comfortable bed

Good facility but needs better trained staff

I booked 5 rooms. We reached there 2:30 pm. Only one room was ready. We came back at 3:30 to find one tripple room was still not ready. Waited n waited. The women at reception said sorry but one room not ready. I asked why, n answer was its being worked on n will call me. 4pm n I asked again n she said she can't do anything. 4:15 n still not ready. I said it's suppose to be ready by 3pm but she couldnt give me explanation. Finally I made long distance call to booking.com in London n after few minutes of hold n talking to a nice lady there she called hotel n talked to them. after that Booking.com offered some refund n the room was ready to go in, almost 1-1/2 hr late. No real apology from hotel staff. At night we drove back to hotel around 10:30 to find no parking for my 12 seater van. I asked hotel where should I park n was told to park in next door property under construction. That is not what I expected.

Location, the comfortable rooms, bathroom. Breakfast was good. Next door is Macdonald which is convenient if you get hungry.

Interconnect doors between rooms was very useful for our families.

Washroom door lock was a pain. Needs to be repaired. Cloth hangers in the wash room door was lose. Needs to be repaired. It seems in bad condition for years.

Extended breakfast timing was excellent.

Close to motorways and airport
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

Our room was small, it was difficult to fit all the luggage in and still have a place to sit. Hotel is far from the city centre. By car, it takes about 20-30 min and there are few public transport options. However, it is close to the airport and the motorways. Breakfast was mediocre. Disposable cutlery and plates used for breakfast created a lot of trash. The room was very noisy with a view on a construction site.

Staff was friendly, there was free coffee at the reception 24/7. Breakfast hours were long (5.30 am until 11 am).

Old furniture but everything clean.
    • Non-Smoking Room with Two Double Beds (Single or Double Occupancy)

Breakfast not to environmentaly friendly (one way dishes, small plastic packages). Not a nice atmosphere.

Old furniture but everything clean. Flexible check in and check out times.

I will not come back to stay in this hotel
    • Non-Smoking Room with Two Double Beds - Quadruple Occupancy

The fridge had a key that was hard to use to open the door.There was no iron and ironing board.The hair drier didn't work.There was no microwave in the room.No facilities in the hotel.

The staff was good.

Nice bathroom.
    • Non-Smoking Room with Two Double Beds - Quadruple Occupancy

Staff gave poor directions to local area. I was also overcharged by almost $20. There was no cereal or yogurt at breakfast, only pastries and bread/bagels. There were also bananas and apples. Not much selection. I wouldn't stay again.

Nice bathroom.

They made a copy of credit card.
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

They made a copy of credit card. This is worst. If it is a security deposit, that is fine. But it wasn’t a security deposit. Also they have old structures. It is expensive for what they offered.

Good budget hotel with great wifi if you want to stay near the airport
    • Non-Smoking Room with Two Double Beds - Quadruple Occupancy

Nothing in particular - not a stellar hotel, but good value for the price (I paid $96 CAN for one night for a family of four)

Good budget hotel. Stayed with two children under five. They provide a playpen for the baby to sleep in. Beds comfy enough, room had functioning windows to get some fresh air. Bathroom ok, roomy enough. Breakfast included, usual hotel breakfast with toasts, fruit, coffee, juice. There is nothing amazing about the hotel, but also nothing bad - a good budget hotel if you want to stay near the airport (we had an early flight the next day). Lots of dining options around, I recommend Archibald brewery.

Very consistent
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

I did not like being on the first floor just being close to the entry and looking directly at the McDonald. Next time I will specify the 2nd floor.

I have been there before and it was as expected which is always good

The Repotel Duplessis is an inexpensive hotel situated at...
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

The "continental breakfast", included in the room's rate, offers a very limited choice of foods, in a rather depressing setting: drab, window-less room in the basement.

The Repotel Duplessis is an inexpensive hotel situated at the outskirts of Quebec City, near the airport. By staying there, one gets what he/she paid for. The rooms are clean, and the staff is friendly.

Disapointed overall.

The breakfast was very basic in an ugly room in the basement. Coffee not good at all and only black tea offered. Only orange juice in the juice section. Mostly just breads, bagels and not so yummy muffins. Nothing warm. No yoghurts either. Our room needed a new toilet seat (a possible attempt to fix it made it look dirty). Beds are too hard. There was lots of noise from outside. We could hear cars and people easily. There was also some noise from other rooms.

The new bath in our room was nice and comfortable.

Did not sleep much but it was clean.
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

Extremely noisy, Windows don’t cut off noise from the McDonald next door with tires screeching all night. Same for the hotel entrance where people chek-in and you hear the doors bang all night.

It was clean. Easily accessible.

Vey pleasant and relaxing!
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

If you are an European, the continental breakfast won't like it It's only coffee,tea, orange juice and 4 types of bread, butter, jam, fruits and muffins.For us it wasn't very suitable, but the room and tables are clean and you can eat somewhere else instead. The staff is very, very polite.

We liked the room,very comfortable,the bath was big,clean with many clean towels and hair dryer.The bed was great, I recommended.We had TV, fridge, WiFi,phone. The staff is very polite,bilingual, check-in and out very quickly. Parking lot for free, coupons for near restaurants, close to old city Quebec.

The price was good.
    • Non-Smoking Room with Two Double Beds (Single or Double Occupancy)

Huge chunks of paint missing in the room, walls a little thin, curtain on the window falling down, toilet seat quite old and stained, breakfast in a back room in the basement with not a great selection.

The price was good. Beds were comfortable enough. Check-in was easy and there was a trolley to load our luggage. Nice restaurants close by.

I like that there was free breakfast offered.
    • Non-Smoking Room with Two Double Beds (Single or Double Occupancy)

Cleanliness in genereal and the bathroom in particular sucks. Some supplies were missing so you should make sure not to forget a thing (i.e. lotion, shaving cream,..) because they wouldnt provide you what you need. The room temperature cannot be adjusted i felt a bit cold at night. There's an underground parking but you need to pay extra to be able to use it. There is a continental breakfast but we were a family with kids who like to drink milk and cereal but there was no milk and no cereal.

I like that there was free breakfast offered. And i like that there was a Chez Ashton nearby. The shopping malls were also few minutes drive away.

Very pleasant.
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

I was help nicely et professionally by the staff each tie I asked for something that I needed. I appreciated having breakfast in a designated room away from the entrance as it used to be. Thank you.

The Hotel was great I enjoy it.
    • Non-Smoking Room with Two Double Beds - Quadruple Occupancy

The Continental breakfast, and the friendly staff.

The Hotel was great I enjoy staying there, my only little issue but not really an issue the coffee machine in my room did not work, but I advised the staff on my check out and they said it would be taken care of.

Was adequate
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

Tired old hotel that needs a full renovation. Many newer hotels in area in similar price range. No airport transportation

Easy access to airport and the old city

A good place if you just need a place to sleep.
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

Would have preferred to be closer to old quebec. And we would have liked to have a pool or hot-tub.

It was convienient fir what we needed. Close to everything.

Location was very good. My stay was ok.
    • Executive King Room

I put a do not disturb sign on the door while I went downstairs, but when I came back to my room the cleaner was in my room. Was not happy about that. She didn't speak English and I don't speak French so we just got our bags and left while she continued to clean. Also the day before I left my toothpaste and toothbrush in the bathroom and the cleaner thew them out. Not sure if I will stay again just because I prefer a place where I can get a better selection for breakfast.

I liked that a shuttle bus was able to pick us up at the hotel for our tour for a small fee. I also liked that the front desk reception was very friendly and informative, and they speak english.

I forgot my cooler in the fridge and was able to retrieve it...
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

One of the bus driver did not respect the reception 's request to park elsewhere and 5 spots where not available to us, even after a personal phone call was made to the driver.

I forgot my cooler in the fridge and was able to retrieve it within 1 hour after I left. Tks again

The place is decent, nothing special.
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

I was upset because I thought I had booked Thursday Friday but realized too late that the reservation was for Wednesday Thursday. I was able to change the reservation but it cost almost double and was non refundable. There were three of us - originally I had made reservation for three people but when I switched to Thursday Friday the reservation switched to room for two. It worked out as we brought an aerobed but it was a very tight squeeze. We had to move the armchair and table to the entrance way.

The place is decent, nothing special. Front desk was friendly.

The location in Quebec on Boul Hamel was nice, near...
    • Non-Smoking Room with Two Double Beds (Single or Double Occupancy)

The comfort of the bed, seems matress has a long carreer. Air conditionning was out of order, in our room, during our stay... Continental breakfast without banana and cream for coffee, was a great deception.

The location in Quebec on Boul Hamel was nice, near restaurants and commercial facilities

Breakfast was just bread (in a couple of forms.
    • Non-Smoking Room with Two Double Beds - Triple Occupancy

Breakfast was just bread (in a couple of forms...bagels, bread) and coffee/tea...ALL CARB...not healthy at all. Even for a continental breakfast it was pathetic. Bathrooms need fixing...tub tab was missing caulking. OK very basic lodgings...but have stayed in other places with similar price point and location with better facilities

The accomodations were fair. Would not stay in this location again.
    • Non-Smoking Room with Two Double Beds - Triple Occupancy

The front desk staff were accommodating but not particularly out going and friendly. The housekeepers seemed to avoid eye contact with guests. The rooms seemed too dark for my liking. The breakfast was not inviting and located in the basement .

The facilities were clean and the rooms were comfortable. The price was right for what we wanted to pay.

We tried to spend less time in the hotel and more time in the town.
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

The room with king size bed was too small. The bed was uncomfortable and too wavy/springy. I woke up with every move my partner did and vice versa.

The rate, the breakfast and water pressure in the shower.

Fair or Average
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

Small Room, No Ironing Board, Iron for clothes. Major Construction going on next door (out side my window).

No Eggs, just Apples and Oranges for Breakfast with Toast and Bagels. No Cereal, no waffles....juice and milk were there.

Wouldn't stay again
    • Non-Smoking Room with Two Double Beds - Quadruple Occupancy

The beds were uncomfortable, there was no fridge in the room as indicated, the continental breakfast was in the basement, same thing everyday and not a lot of choice.

The location was convenient, close to food and shopping, highway.

one night
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

Furnitures should be renovated, but for this price, is ok !

Very close to airport, a bit far from the city centre: if you have a car, is perfect (for the price and services). Breakfast was good and full of muffins

Great place to put your head down to sleep
    • Non-Smoking Room with Two Double Beds (Single or Double Occupancy)

It wasn't the hotels fault but there is construction going on next door and they started earlier than normal from what we were told.

The room and bed were very comfortable. Good location. Restaurants and stores near by

The staff was very friendly and welcoming.
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

The bed and pillows were not very comfortable and the shower small for tall people

The staff was very friendly and welcoming. Location is easy to find, access, and is near the highway

Great price, but not the best accommodations.
    • Non-Smoking Room with Two Double Beds (Single or Double Occupancy)

It was VERY noisy!! We were on the side that had a 24 hr McDonald's and a major intersection. The noise outside was constant, and it was noisy in the halls. There is construction on the other side of the building which was very noisy too. There are not enough parking spaces and several nights we had to park next door and walk over. Also, the parking lot is supposed to be one-way, but it is not clearly marked, so people drive any way they want. This is dangerous and causes problems when two cars are going in opposite directions in a lot that is tight for one car to get around.

VERY nice staff - they speak both English and French. The room was fairly clean and comfortable. The FREE breakfast was good - muffins, toast, and bagels. They also had coffee, tea, and OJ. It is served until 11:00am, which I appreciated as I am not an early riser on vacation. The wi-fi was free and worked well. There is a refrigerator, but it is a mini-bar so you have to get a key to use it.

It was ok
    • Non-Smoking Room with Two Double Beds - Quadruple Occupancy

Room should have a small microwave and iron. I went with a little one and had to make 3 trips to the reception in the night to warm up the milk

The bed was comfy. The bathroom was clean and nice

I would recommend this hotel to others and I would also stay there if I visit Quebec City again.

Breakfast could have more variety. However, you have to keep in mind that it is a budget hotel.

Staff was very friendly. I requested to have two interconnecting rooms and they were able to meet that requirement. It was very important to me because I was traveling with my family and wanted to have interconnecting rooms (or a suite).

Inexpensive and convenient
    • Non-Smoking Room with Two Double Beds (Single or Double Occupancy)

Rooms are adequate but old and not well maintained. For example the cover plate on the AC was broken, the batteries kept popping out of the remote control because it was broken, and the bathroom was a bit sad looking.

Location is convenient with many amenities close by. The beds were comfortable and the price is reasonable. Continental breakfast is provided but it is fairly basic - toast, muffins, fruit.

Was great stay. Price really to high. And had wrong bedroom. But beside that was great
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

Had booked 2 king bedroom and got 2 double bed bedroom. And price was high. Paid closed to 1100.00$ price was really high. After i booked couldn't change nothin, but could had cheaper somewhere else just as nice hotel.

Breakfast could have more options cereals, croissants.

Good time as usual. See you next time.
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

It's certainly not the hotel's fault but the construction behind the building starting up at 0730 is a bit of a distraction. No sleeping in for sure during the week.

I always enjoy my stay here. Comfy beds and close to where I want to be.

Clean, servicable, reasonably-priced lodging for visitors to Quebec City.
    • Non-Smoking Room with Two Double Beds - Triple Occupancy

Sterile atmosphere in the vicinity of the hotel; no family-owned local businesses or character..More electrical outlets/power bars would be helpful for charging electronics.

Clean and modern with friendly, helpful staff. Close to highway, gas stations, grocery stores and 'chain' restaraunts. Straightforward access to Quebec City by car. Got by fine as someone with no French language skills.

The bed is comfortable.
    • Non-Smoking Room with Two Double Beds (Single or Double Occupancy)

1. The room is located in basement, which is unexpected, it has some kind of basement smell when open the door; 2. The breakfast only have bread selections, no pancake, sausages, ect..... So do not have any expectations for the breakfast! Moreover, the breakfast room lady is very rude, only speak French with you no matter what English you say.

The bed is comfortable.

Ok hotel for a night stay.

Breakfast and room.

Hotel rooms were pretty old, they need to be renovated. Breakfast was worst with very limited items. If you are staying for a night stay, this hotel is OK.

Don't Stay Here Unless you have no choice!
    • Non-Smoking Room with Two Double Beds (Single or Double Occupancy)

The room was very dark...lighting could be improved. The "free" breakfast was very poor. Stale bagels, some bread for the toaster and coffee. They didn't even have real milk for the coffee...just those creamer things. No mugs...just paper cups. This was a major let down compared to the 5 other hotels we stayed on during our two week trip on the East Coast.

The water pressure in the shower was nice. The mattress was comfortable.

Bed was comfy.
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

Pillows is not very comfy.. Breakfast is the same everyday... Kinda boring.. I suggest makin a little different time to time,. We had our breakfast outdoors bcz we got bored from ur usual BF.. Other than that it's all great..

Bed was comfy. Housekeepers did a great job. Keeping room neat and tidy. Surroundings of the hotel is in great spot. Close to everything.

We had as close to a perfect holiday as you can get.

Can't think of anything.

Room was nice as well as clean. If you have a family there are many family restaurants in the area. We took the bus primarily to get downtown. Staff are always ready to cater to your needs.

Excellent property, skip free breakfast

Breakfast disappointing, need more choices, not even eggs were offered, only bread, cereal and some fruit, far better to skip free breakfast and go to Tim Hortons one block away.

Excellent value for money, nice property, clean nice room

Very nice hotel close to Quebec city centre
    • Non-Smoking Room with Two Double Beds (Single or Double Occupancy)

Spacious and elegant room with clean bathroom. Breakfast was included in the price of the room. Nice service. not far away from Quebec city centre. Good place for staying on one or more nights.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Always reserve at location henri lv.
    • Non-Smoking Room with Two Double Beds (Single or Double Occupancy)

Always reserve at location henri lv.much prefer this location.windows keep popping up,to much confusion with other reservation offers,that is probably how l ended up at other location.also prefered 2 queen beds to 2 double.maybe telephone reservations would be better.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

I had a wonderful trip to Quebec and would recommend this hotel to all my family and friends
    • Executive King Room

the beds were comfortable the staff were super nice and accomadating.It was close to alot of restaurants and the bus system.Also next door to a theater.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

The worst breakfast from all the motels that I visited.
    • Non-Smoking Room with Two Double Beds - Triple Occupancy

The worst breakfast from all the motels that I visited. There is no milk. For breakfast only bread, coffee and jam with butter. Only after contacting the administrator did they take out the mafins. Of fruits, only oranges.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

It was very good and other wise satisfactory.
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

The fact that we had to wait for nearly half an hour in the reception area of the hotel on the morning that we had to leave because the "déblayeuse" was dumping the snow on both sides in front entrance rather than further away to let us and others leave easily.

I liked the fact that there was a room for breakfast rather than having it in the reception area as it is in the Henri IV Chateau Repotel where we stayed last year.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

I will come back here
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

A little more variety at breakfast would have been nice. Maybe some hard boiled eggs or yogurt to offset all the carbs.

Great location. Clean and comfy. Staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Perfect for a night!
    • Non-Smoking Room with Two Double Beds (Single or Double Occupancy)

Everything was ok. It was just a little older in the room. Not a problem.

It was fine. We were just staying over as we were traveling through to the East Coast.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

It was pleasant, just fine for the trip we had planned
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

The room was very small, not even room for a closet. An exercise room would also been appreciated.

We liked the free breakfast even if it was not elaborate

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Good value but needs a little attention
    • Non-Smoking Room with Two Double Beds (Single or Double Occupancy)

Below average cleanliness in bathroom. Blood or coffee stain dripping down door as well as Pubic and long hairs in the shower/tub enclosure. Oh and the 70's called, they want their coverlets back

The bathroom needed more attention, there was coiffée or blood stains on the foo, and both pubic and long hairs in the tub. However the remainder of the room was very good value, clean, and adequate for the price paid. Oh the bed coverlets are ancient and need replacing!

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Good value for the price.
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

The carpet in the room could be cleaner.

Location is excellent and facilities are convenient.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Convenient location near to airport

Access to Quebec centre

Convenient location near to airport

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Good value!
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

Good Location and worth the value.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Good location and good price-
    • Non-Smoking Room with Two Double Beds (Single or Double Occupancy)

Breakfast wasn’t the best- get a room don’t include breakfast- near by are great boulangeries -

Good location and good price-

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Would stay again if passing through Quebec
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

The venue was very quiet, beautifully furnished, very close to airport.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

OK for a very early flight
    • Non-Smoking Room with One King Bed

Dirty carpet and room had a musty smell

OK for a very early flight Staff were nice

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Exceeded my expectations. Kitchenette, lots of shops/eateries around and easy to get there
    • Non-Smoking Room with Two Double Beds - Quadruple Occupancy

Small kitchenette in the lobby with unlimited coffee/tea and a microwave.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

like it placeis comfortable

parking small

both was good

Good location, clean and ok breakfast

Good price, confortable bed