Reviews of Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre 3 stars

2120 16th Avenue Northeast, T2E 1L4 Calgary, Canada

#83 of 100 hotels in Calgary

The air con was leaking, the toilet flooded are bathroom and carpet right out to the hallway. The hot tub in hotel wasn't working. They just put heaters in the room drying the floors and we had to ask to be moved rooms, they had expected us to remain in the room.

It had good amenitys near by

• Queen Room

Bathtub was very old, scratched and stained. Paint peeling in main room walls. Tv was old and hard to figure out remote. One panel of sheer curtains missing on balcony door. Key card had to be replaced twice, wouldn’t let us in room.

The front desk staff seemed a little busy and impersonal but not overly. I would give them a 3.5 out of 5.

Great location and I have stayed here many times, the hotel is quiet and the beds are very comfortable. It is great value as well.

• Queen Room

THE DINING ROOM WAS NOT OPEN ALL DAY. CLOSED AT 11:00 AM. THE LOUNGE WAS OPEN IN THE EVENING THAT SERVED A MEAL. NOT TOO MANY PEOPLE ATE THERE HOWEVER.

EVERYTHING WAS TOP NOTCH IN THE ROOM. I WOULD GIVE IT TOP MARKS.

• Queen Room

Not a great crowd of people staying here. People in front of us were checking in to live there for a short stint. Facilities were worn down. Location wasn’t great. Not many decent restaurants within walking distance.

Spacious room. Clean bed/sheets/pillows. Comfy bed. Good customer service and airport shuttle was nice. It was solid for a 1 night stay in Calgary.

Beds were very firm spring mattresses, so we always woke up a little sore. The bathtub was a little sketch, looked like they refinished the tubs but the paint was chipping off. (bathrooms are expensive to completely upgrade so I get that)

It's in a convenient location. The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. All around good place to stay (would stay again in a pinch). As a former housekeeper, the room was very clean definitely no problems there. The balconies were awesome little-added space.

• Queen Room

Dinner in the restaurant! Pasta buffet or very limited snack menu. No gluten free choices! Portion sizes big and food tasty. Breakfast much better with gluten free bread and hash browns!

First night - the bed was incredibly uncomfortable due to a split mattress which caused a ridge in the bed. Restaurant closed at 10 am and didn't open until 4:30 - no room service despite being advertised in the "book".

Convenient location - free shuttle to the airport

A larger room would have been nice. An included breakfast would have been great.our

Breakfast was not included, which was too bad. Our daughter and family had the family room and had breakfast included which was a nice buffet. We had to pay $12:95 each per breakfast. Room was basic in size, but comfortable. We enjoyed our stay with the other family members close by.

Room was not smoking as advertised & booked online. Shuttle service only runs hourly. Front desk lady with accent is rude and ignorant. Will not be back!!!!

The foyer was very nicely decorated.

With outside temperature near freezing we had to run the air conditioning the whole time! The air conditioner was not efficient enough to cool the room enough, so we had to leave the patio doors open to let in more cool air. The hotel is way too hot and wasting energy to heat hallways and cool rooms at the same time. Ridiculous! (Tip to hotel, track what temperature your guests are leaving their thermostats at checkout, guests should be heating their rooms in cold weather, not cooling them.)

Clean and quiet room. Outside wall to patio is ALL glass with nice view to the south. New elevators are fast and extremely quiet, a huge upgrade from the past. Fast WIFI.

• Queen Room

When I arrived there was one person on the desk and she was on the phone for more than 15 minutes. I sat down and waited once I noticed she was off the phone I approached and asked to check in, she informed me that she was in the middle of something and could I wait 15 more minutes. Later as more staff was milling about I returned to the desk and a gentleman greeted me and offered to help me. When I informed him I wanted to check in he told me someone else would help me. The gentleman that did end up checking me in was personable and helpful. However - I was here for a number of days and observed a lack of professionalism by many of the front desk staff. When I got to my room it was decent but well worn. The bathtub faucet dripped all the time and from the stain along the drip path this has been like this for months and years and the toilet also would run from time to time. The room was somewhat clean, but there was a big clump of hair on the carpet, I also found food particles by the coffee table and when I took a shower there was a used soap bar in the soap holder. The bi-fold closet shows dirt along the trim and rust. The fixtures in the bathroom - door knob etc also has a lot of rust. It's over due for a Reno! But the also need to put more effort into general maintenance and cleaning. I'm not a severe germaphobe and stayed in the room for multiple days even though feeling the ick factor during my stay. The cleaning lady on my floor was very nice and respectful and I never addressed these issues with her as I feel it is not her fault, it seems that there is a lack of care by management. Also the bed sqeeked when you first sat on it. I would not stay again and let my friends and family to steer clear as well. I picked this hotel due to good deal and having a pool and hot tub. But never went to the pool because didn't feel like I wanted to swim in their pool - because feared it would be iffy as well.

Location and good deal from booking.com

• Queen Room

They should really update their website to include any construction work that is being done that effects the facility and possible stay of guests. I also would suggest updating the room binders that contain information regarding the facilities, rules and regulations of the hotel as it is outdated and not accurate. I am not going to go into why our stay was poor as I believe that this hotel deserves the same respect it offered my friend in I when they addressed our concerns and complaints. I would recommend the hotel to others simply based upon that fact alone, I have learnt that although some people can ruin things and do their job poorly, but it should not be taken out and reflected upon everyone.

I will say that the staff was very accommodating the night we arrived, and given our experience at this hotel I was more than happy with the management team and how professional they handle our complaints and concerns.

The phones could have been working and wake up calls and being able to control the temperature in the room.

The waitress that was serving food at the bar. She was serving food because the restaurant was closed.

• Queen Room

Uber and taxis more expensive as out of town.

Free airport shuttle offered by the hotel was awesome. Bus stop nearby for public transport. Lots of space in our room, good size TV and many channels

• Queen Room

Overall the facility felt outdated. Even though my door was closed I could clearly hear people as they walked down the hallway.

It was quite snowy when I arrived and was apparently busier than usual, but despite this check in was quick and the staff were friendly. The bed was comfortable and the sheets and room clean. My room had a double bed, two-seater couch, and desk but didn't feel cramped at all.

No heat in our room, no fridge had to walk out to lobby to use a microwave absolutely absurd. The front night staff looked very unkept. They must have staged a room to put on Booking.com. Would never stay there again.

Absolutely nothing!!

The staff were absolutely horrible. Nasty, nasty people. We met about 5 different reception staff throughout our stay and they all seemed like they actually enjoyed being rude. One day we actually walked past the reception and could hear the staff gossiping and using the C word. Disgusting. The Hotel also retained the cost of the room, plus a deposit, and then charged the stay on top of that. If you stay here, you will end up needing 3x the amount in your account just to do this ridiculous money dance. If you ignore the warnings and end up staying here, you had better have a car because it took us over an hour on one bus and two trains to get to the centre. Not exactly great in this weather. Booking.com only lets you give a 2.5 as a minimum rating but if I could give less, I would. It was a really horrible, horrible stay.

The front fast clerk at check in & check out were both vary rude we also didn't like the stink dirty looks we got from the lady at check out

The beds were comfy

• Queen Room

Waited over an hour for shuttle pick up at the airport, then the check-in clerk "forgot" to book the shuttle for my return trip to the airport resulting in delays of over an hour again. To make it worse they were rude and unapologetic.

When we booked the hotel room we booked a smoking room they said there was a Jacuzzi no jacuzzi they said we got complimentary breakfast no breakfast

The bed was the only thing that we liked

The hotel is obviously older, and it shows. The finish is peeling off the tub, the bathroom door doesn't close properly, the closet door doesn't close properly. Down at the pool the washrooms had no hot water, and half the lights above the pool were burnt out and there were ceiling tiles missing everywhere.

Clean, friendly staff.

• Queen Room

It needs a fresh slab of paint. You can tell the hotel is getting old. I heard they're remodeling but very slowly. The buffet breakfast was ok. basic spread of eggs, bacon/sausage, home potatoes, cook your own waffle. It's didn't taste that good.

This was a nice hotel. nothing special. good.

• Queen Room

There was a lot of traffic noise from the highway. Gap in curtains was just big enough for traffic signal lights to shine in my eyes all night. For the price, I think they should have included breakfast instead of charging $12.00 per guest per night (factor that cost in and the hotel is not such a bargain). As a woman travelling alone, I was not impressed that they put me in the room next to the fire escape.

Room was spacious and it was nice to sit on a couch to watch tv rather than on the bed. The bed was comfortable. Check in was quick.

Wi-fi was out for the first part of the evening, which changed our plans for the night - we couldn't look for walk-able restaurants, stream a show, or check in to our flight for the next day. The shift manager I spoke with invited me to call their tech support directly, as he was "waiting for a call back." A few hours after that news, I asked for the corporate customer service number and had a call from tech support within five minutes.

Maintenance was very quick to respond to an off-hand request made while they were in the hall nearby working on something else. Very friendly and helpful.

Didn't like that we were told by hotel staff that we could not participate in the free continental breakfast because we booked thru Booking ,com instead of hotel directly

Bed sheet feels like GUNNYSACKS . (That made my skin sensitive, my skin had so many erythema while my arm touching that bed sheet ) This hotel’s location is so weird . Washroom is so small . Wouldn’t be come this hotel again in my life !

Worst hotel I have ever seen

the conference that was happening at the same time me and my children were staying there. A little bit of notice or warning would have been better. (fapcon)

easy to get to

The location is great. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I liked the good restaurant at the hotel location and the food was enjoyable there. I will definitely stay there again.

The towel in the washroom as covered in black hairs. When I pulled a clean towel I was covered in little black hairs. I tripped over a jagged piece sticking out of the bed and then cracked my knee on the frame. In the middle of the night I has to leave at 2 am because my knee was in so much pain.

This is a great hotel for me cause the location is near both of the airport and city center. That is quite convenience for travelers! Also the price is cheap for 3 nights ! Awesome for my birthday trip!

• Queen Room

yes one thing was the bar closed at 10pm ,,,,,,,,,would have loved to have a pint after very long day travelling,,

We arrived late and we were tired and we were in our room within 3/5 mins of arriving and the same when leaving ,, staff were very quick and helpful, easy location from airport and also on road to Rockies.

Unfriendly female check-out staff in the early morning hours of Sunday, 27 August.

Very friendly male check-in staff on the evening of Saturday, 26 August and driver of free shuttle bus (even though we didn't require the shuttle services).

• Queen Room

I did like it.. no problems

The food was good and the comfort was great! You also get to park your vehicle for free while away on vacation. Free shuttle to the airport.. We will be back!

• Queen Room

The sausage was not edible and the eggs watery. If you are serving sausage patties they need to be fried not steamed! Otherwise, there was an excellent variety of choices for the rest of the breakfast.

The bed was great! I had a very good sleep.

The gentleman I dealt while while checking in wasn't the most pleasant but the rest of the hotel made up for that

I didn't use the pool, or fitness centre as I didn't have the time. However the room was perfect super clean, the lobby was beautiful and the exterior as well. Best pillows by far

I wasn't given a breakfast voucher so I ended up buying breakfast. Upon checkout, I was told that breakfast was included but I already bought it and they wouldn't refund me the money. They did offer me the voucher but I had to catch my bus.

The room was comfortable and staff members were pretty nice for giving me directions to the nearest bus stop and giving me change for the bus as well as showing me where the ATM was on site.

• Queen Room

Front desk check in and check out were very slow. Hot tub was being serviced so could not use. Fitness center is very poor location with minimal exercise equipment.

Nice bed and user friendly room, good location, a couple of restaurants within walking distance.

• Queen Room

No fridge or microwave in room, carpet needs replacing, no ice machine on main floor, had trouble using the tv due to the set-up.

Although it is an older hotel and the restaurant and lounge are upstairs, the staff were good about having us use the service elevator, as I use a scooter for mobility. The lounge had a few tables in the lobby on the main floor, just down from the lounge, and the staff were very good at taking care of us. Cameron was very friendly and funny. Dining room staff were also friendly and helpful. Bedding was comfortable. W/c accessible room was quite good, as long as tub is ok for access. Quite a tight corner for getting into the bathroom.

Crumpled sheets. Stains on carpet. Dirty windows! Had booked a king bed but none available when we arrived to get dressed to attend wedding at 2 so had to settle for a queen!

Great breakfast! great shower! Great staff!

No organization. Had a mass check in and our room wasn't ready. Instead of collecting names in order that people tired to check in an assign rooms As they come (they said to just wait to the side as a room should be available within the hour), they told us to "get back in line and try to check in again". The room was dirty. The bathtub continually leaked and left a white and blue/green mildew growth near the drain. The toilet was continually running. The bathroom door wouldn't even close at all. The air conditioner was loud and rattled all the time (no way to turn it off). The beds were hard, they used 2 sheets to cover the duvet and the pillows were the size of a cereal box.

The price

• Queen Room

AC was not working, so room was a bit on the warm side. Checking in was fast and no problems at all. Checking out was a bit more problematic -person helping us seemed confused and took a bit longer than usual -not ideal considering we had to go to the airport to return car and catch our plane. It was bit stressful. I learned my lesson -give myself some extra time for check out to avoid stress.

Super close to airport. Great last minute price on Booking. Comfortable bed. Quiet room. Cleaning lady was super helpful (I had a knee injury and she brought me ice). Denny's next door for a quick meal before heading to airport.

The hotel is dark, the rooms are dark, our second Queen bed was broken creaked all through the night room 407, the mattresses were hard as rocks, the wallpaper was bubbling off the walls, the duvet was just between 2 flat sheets so it fell off half way through the night and I woke up with the bare duvet on me god knows if it's ever washed!

The large foyer, sheets were soft, pillows were good

Microwave didn't work Carpet old & stained would be nice to have chairs on the balcony Bathroom door would hit your legs when on the toilet. Bed had obvious dip in it from where most people must lay. No wifi charge in the room

The shower & balcony were good. TV was great- spacious room

Was a little dated in carpets but sliding door to bathroom would help.

Room was a great size drinks machine fridge and microwave, luckily I packed some plastic bowls and cutlery. Bed was king size as stated and was comfy with brilliant pillows. Bathroom was a tight squeeze but clean and plenty of towels and toiletries. Free business computers in hand if needing to print off tickets and Wi-Fi in hotel. Didn't eat in hotel but plenty of people did. We didn't realise it was away from downtown but 3.25 cad to catch a bus to lions park then a free train ride if used within 1 and a half hours to downtown was brilliant. There's a mall at lions park with Safeway liqormart Sears etc ideal for eateries or stock up on goods. Also we hired a car from driving force and their pick up is on the street behind the hotel 1/2 a mile up the road easy to walk to, had we realised we wouldn't have gone to the airport to fetch as they took us by shuttle bus but the car hire and service was great.

• Queen Room

We found bugs in the washroom. Went to the reception and complained and since they didn't seem surprised so I'm assuming its a recurring problem. The second day we left the hotel and ran into a housekeeping staff in the hall, told her that we'll be gone for 4/5 hours so we would like our room cleaned while we were away. Came back after almost 5 hours to find that our room still wasn't cleaned. Had to call reception to send someone up. In general, the room was super dusty when we arrived as if no one had cleaned that room in days. The carpet was so nasty that when I walked on it barefoot, my foot became extremely dirty. Had the housekeeping staff vacuum the carpet infront of us - did not solve the problem!

Its close to the airport and since its near the highway so downtown and other areas are easily accessible

Only thing was the cable kept shutting up when we were watching tv. Not a big deal as we were really tired and went to bed soon after that.

Location, clean, comfortable bed, nice shower, easy check out

• Queen Room

It was very crowded in the bath room. The way the door sways into the bathroom. And the bathtub floor was dangerously slippery. I wished there had been a floor rubber mat or a some bar to hold on to for support.

Everything was so clean. I really enjoyed my stay and we'll probably be there again.

When we returned a couple days later, we were in a room on 5th floor that had a room door that was very difficult to get to open. It took many, many attempts to even get in. We notified the desk about this issue but were told there was no other room for us to move to since they were full. The next day a maintenance guy came to work on the problem but did not fix it. We also had a bathtub that was in really bad shape. The carpet looked old and a bit worn.

Our first night here was great. Nice room on 9th floor. The lounge had a very nice young man and the food was good.

• Queen Room

There was nowhere to get coffee in the building. The restaurant never seemed to be open.

The couch in the room was a nice feature. Staff was very friendly.

Lots. The property is obviously high volume near the airport and the staff were distant at best, rather aloof and flat out rude in others. I had just finished driving 10 hours, advised the staff of my situation and was made to line up three seperate times due to complications with checking in. This property/chain does NOT accept any form of payment besides credit card. Consequently I was forced to do banking on my phone to facilitate my payment. While I engaged in doing so, the cashier ('Gary') began serving the line in order. Once at the cash, he then required me to go and bank again - this time to get a PIN for a credit card they already had on file, He TWICE carded me for ID and one one occasion noted how my hometown's winter festival (famous in Ontario) was 'nothing'. I, naturally, thought this was bad chemistry - a personality conflict of some sort. But, as I soon noticed other people were being treated just as poorly by other staff. Eventually, after almost 90 minutes I got my keys. In the morning the desk person (no tag - a woman) seemed irritated by the fact I wanted my check out slip. Maybe it was not her job, but she got it. I thanked her, and she simply responded 'welcome'. No thanks, safe trip - nothing. Again, maybe she was just a maid or cleaner, but if that's the case: Where is the desk staff in the morning during the STAMPEDE for goodness sake!? I am NOT the type of person to write negative reviews, but this was the most ignorant check in experience I have had in years. Literally years - 1995 in the DR was the last shambles like this; and although this is the first booking with your service, I am a frequent traveller. I used trivago, and I have booked two nights through your service to check it out. I wanted a Super 8, Days In, or Travel Lodge - as I can get points, but the Clarion looked lovely in the pictures. Wow. Never again. Don't get me wrong: I don't blame booking.

It was a nice looking property.

• Queen Room

staffs have a confusion regarding the days of our stayed in the room. we booked sat, 3pm til monday of 12 noon. they sunday, me and my partner went out for whole day then when we came back around 7:30 pm, i realized my retainer was gone which i just placed it in the bathroom. i called the front desk but they just need to leave a msg to the housekeeping for the next day whcih is monday. I got my retainer the next day, good thing! but why they need to took it and we r still booked in til monday? also, they dnt have a microwave in our room but that is fine cuz we just ate outside...

i like the bed, they r so comfy... nd the view outside the window.

• Queen Room

elevator service was slow and room cards were horrible we had to constantly get them rescanned

easy and accessible to major routes and the view was fabulous from the balcony. I loved the balcony I didn't feel closed in compared to other hotels with only a window. having a pool and hot tub on site was a major plus.

I was pleasantly surprised at the level of cleanliness of the entire establishment. The bathrooms in the rooms could use updating, new wallpaper, new fixtures, etc. ( but again, were very clean ) I would have preferred eating dinner in the dining room as opposed to the lobby or lounge. Seems to be a rather odd quirk and should be explained more clearly at the time of check in. A minor inconvenience however and easily overlooked.

• Queen Room

The staff were absolutely brutal. They hung up on us twice before we even got to the hotel and told us "we are busy checking people in, book online". When we arrived we found a very unorganized guy scrambling through other guests papers and trying to sort something out while we were just left standing there, as the only guests checking in a this time. During this time I witnessed this guy also pick up and hang up on 2 other calls of people needing assistance. He did answer one call to which he told the guest "you have to come down here, we don't come up there for that". It was very unprofessional and left a terrible taste in our mouths. He didn't even tell us a check out time, or about the facility he just simple handed me a key and said "floor 5". When we arrived to the room we found the sliding door to the balcony not properly or tightly closed, and we couldn't fix it. So the noise was loud and could hear heavy traffic all night. The bathroom sink was dirty upon arrival as well. Was awoke at 430 am by a vacuum cleaner in our hallway. What sort of hotel vacuums at this time? Just was not a great experience and definitely won't ever be back.

Bed was okay

The AC didn't seem to be working in our room, but they were kind and gave us a fan to use.

The king size bed was amazing, so comfy ! The hotel location was great, down town, great restaurants, the zoo, all a very short ways away

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

reasonable room rate

No sound proof between room, you have to have late night adjacent room guest shower/bathroom noise so vividly and loud. No breakfast inclusion is a problem too. the bathroom is below average.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Queen Room

The Hotel's Airport Shuttle - The driver was disinterested, talked endlessly on the phone, and shouldn't be in the tourism industry. The Restaurant - Heavily promoted, including on the hotel hoarding. However is only open til 2pm, therefore not fulfilling the role of a restaurant. We did eat at the small lounge tables, but noise from the bar was intrusive. The standard of the hotel meals was 'ordinary'. Consequently we preferred to eat at the local Dennys. A little more knowledge about local public transport options from front desk staff would be helpful.

Balcony with views of the city, especially at night. I used the Business Centre, that had PCs and Printers. Night light in bathroom. Drinks preparation alcove.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Queen Room

Balcony has no chairs / table is pretty much good for nothing except smoking... yet they have a dumb policy of no smoking on the balcony.

location and nice view of city from balcony

• Queen Room

In house coffee was terrible. VERY understaffed in resteraunt. Completely booked hotel and one waitress on trying to run resteraunt and Starbucks kiosk. In room coffe was terrible.

Comfy bed. Very pleasant lounge staff. Good temperature in lobby and conference rooms.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Queen Room

Cleaning staff were always very polite and accommodating. As was the front desk. Didn't go to restaurant but lounge was nice :) will definitely stay again!

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Queen Room

Unfortunately the pool was not open so I cannot comment on that facility. The restaurant was not so great regarding quality and price. The Denny's next door had a much better breakfast.

The staff was great! I called and asked to be placed on a renovated floor because I know the hotel is getting upgrades done. They did so with no hassle at all! Upgraded room was nice, comfortable and clean. Location is very convenient, 2 minutes off a main highway which easily connects you to the rest of the city.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

id prefer stronger coffee that is in the rooms but coffee that is there is still ok

was told by a friend to check out this place, staff very nice n helpful, especially Lynda. there is a dennys next door ,a very short walk so that is handy.i booked for 2 nights but have now extended my stay for 2 more days. will stay here again

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Family Room

We arrived and our room wasn't ready which was a little bit of a hassle for us. And the room wasn't ready when promised.

The pool was really good and the size of the room we have are really good and like how the bunks are in another room.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Couple of the front staff were very unfriendly .. the manager accused me of having a party room which was completely untrue .. there was absolutely no alcohol in the room and the baby got sick the night before so the we had blankets on the floor as well as towels ... very unprofessional to make false accusations. This was a place I had always stayed because of price and quality but I will not return due to ignorance.

Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Queen Room

I booked a month in advance and should of been informed that there was going to be a movie being made and the inconvenience of it.

Very disappointed staff lied bare face to my son and I

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Great value! Good location right on the main highway and close to restaurants and a casino. There is a restaraunt and lounge on site but we didn't go. Asked for a city view and was upgraded to the 8th floor no problem. Room was comfortable! Lots of pillows and a big screen tv. There was a desk and lounge chair in the room. Lots of parking

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Queen Room

Planes all day and night ,The rooms were falling a part ,the elevator took up to 10 minutes,We had to move rooms as the first room the door would not open no fridge in first room,Second room fridge turned everything to ice.People were partying all night we called the front dest and they told us to move rooms that was 2 am we had my 86 yearold mother with us.They could have closed the party down but no they wanted us to pack my mom up at 2 am and move rooms.People were smoking weed in the hallway The rooms were very hot.When we were in the first room on the front side the noise from trafic was terrible.You had to run the hot water tap for about 5 minutes to get hot water.The bathroom was so small we had to stand beside the bowl just to shut the door.The drain is the tub was so rusted that they painted over it with white paint it looked terrible.

The lobby was nice

Very rude and disorganized staff. I called to book the airport shuttle and was hung up on mid sentence, twice. When I finally got an answer I was told I didn't need to book, then when I was at the airport a called to find out where to wait for it and was told it wouldn't be coming because I didn't book it!

Would have liked satellite TV rather than cable...not much choice.

We were quite happy with the cleanliness of the room, the staff's makeup of the room and general overall quietness of hotel.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Queen Room

The hotel was very dated and did not look modern like the promotional photos at all. Other similarly priced hotels I've stayed in nearby on other occasions were much nicer.

The bed was comfy. The booking was accurate.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

• Queen Room

Booked to stay because of the pool however not till you were ready to open the pool door did you find out that it was closed. Also bed was hard and fricken noisey... hard to watch tv if you moved at all.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Pool and hot tub being serviced. Only one elevator was available due to servicing as well

Excellent value for the rate that i paid. Pool and hot tub were not available but otherwise all was good

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Queen Room

Had my kids come for a visit and lunch. First we were told (at 12:15) they close at I do we should find a different place to eat. Then decided to swim then eat after... got ready for the pool and not till you get to the security door to the pool is there a "closed for maintenance" sign. Strike 3 was the hard very noicey bed. Not a good stay. 😞

Seems the owners are letting the place go. All ice machines were broken. When we got there the hot water wasn't operating. Our bathroom sinks drain wasn't connected. Hot tub was none operational and the swimming pool was freezing cold. One of the elevators was broken down as well. Manager/owner decided to have only 1 receptionist all weekend for new year's holiday. They were obviously over worked and the process checking in was slow. When this hotel was built it was probably a #1 destination but whoever owns this hotel would rather have lambos and outdoor pools in there million dollar homes and has sadly let it go in disrepair.

Nice pillows. Beds were comfortable. Restaurant food was good. The price for top floor king bed was a decent price. All issues we had were fixed in a timely manner.

Browse Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre traveller photo gallery