Reviews of Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel by APA 3 stars

10155 105 Street NW, T5J 1E2 Edmonton, Canada

#23 of 102 hotels in Edmonton

• Superior King Room

The bed. Our room was not ready at check in 4:45.

The bed we had drooped to the middle. I found the bed warm. The room was nice and clean and comfortable and completely fine.

• Comfort King Room

Parking fee. No guest laundry.

Comfortable well appointed room with Japanese influences. Clean and well presented bathroom. Good wifi connection. Friendly and helpful staff. Bar and restaurant on site. Close to Downtown centre

• Comfort Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel is located withing easy walking distance of a good coffee shop and some restaurants. My husband was attending a conference at the Shaw Convention Center. It was a 10 - 15 minute walk from the hotel to the conference center. Fortunately, on the one rainy day, we found the indoor walking paths located throughout the city!

The property was a very good price compared to others we looked at in Edmonton. The beds and pillows were comfortable, and the cleaning staff were quite friendly. We used the hot tub and steam room. Everything was clean in the pool area, in the room and in the hotel in general.

• Comfort Room with Two Queen Beds

Paying $20.95 for parking for secure garage which I was never told about. Pay lot across the street was sketchy. Not the nicest location @ night.

Not a lot of noise outside. Good location for walking to downtown amenities. Starbucks, some restaurants & specialty eateries close by. Some things not open Sunday.

• Comfort Room with Two Queen Beds

Across the street from a "gentlemen's club", but the neighborhood was fine otherwise. Restaurant was mediocre, but plenty of other options nearby.

Great location: easy walk to conference centre, grocery store nearby, lots of restaurants, cafés, bookstores. Plus Japanese toilets and slippers!

• Comfort Room with Two Queen Beds

The bath tub could be renovated, was worn. Wonderful bedroom with beautiful workstation, but for those who need to work long hours seated is not comfortable. Expensive breakfast.

Very good The driver service to and from places of interest is wonderful

• Premium King Room with Queen Sofa Bed

Water didn’t work. Wouldn’t let me use penthouse with dog, room service ends at 11, had to move rooms, charged me more for a room a floor below my night before and room was dirty when arrived

• Comfort Room with Two Queen Beds

the tap rattled in the tub while showering & it was loose & wiggly & there seemed. to be a pump directly on the other side of the wall causing it. Some sketchy people outside at night & had to pay $20 for 1 night of parking.

bed was comfortable. curtains were black out, decor was modern, lots of amenities, the bidet was fun

• Comfort King Room

Shade Gentlemen's Club across the street, high fees for pet in room

Comfortable bed, quiet room, allows pets and off leash area kitty corner from hotel

• Superior King Room

Went down to the pool for some relaxation in the hot tub, and there were a bunch of small kids screaming and running around. We left within 5 min. Should be a rule like no kids past a certain time.

Very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. There is alot of construction on the street so it was hard to get to, but the stay was good none the less.

• Comfort Room with Two Queen Beds

Edmonton downtown still having trouble with save livable downtown environment. Park next door is great use of urban area but scary to walk thru. Men’s club and parking lots next door ?? Parking lot good value but not very inviting. I am certain when coast invested in area they had hoped for more progression

Comfortable. Staff efficient and friendly

• Premium Suite

Just would have liked a door on the toilet part of bathroom , to not include the closet and extra mirror as part of the bathroom when someone is in there.

• Comfort Room with Two Queen Beds

Rooms seemed old, check out time was 11am, by 11:01 they were calling. Paid $150 no breakfast included... Staff stayed in hall to make sure we were leaving when they came and knocked on the door at 11:30am. Better hotels around Edm. Try DoubleTree by Hilton.

The lobby was nice.

• Comfort Room with Two Queen Beds

Bed and pillows too hard, menu not to my taste . Information on booking in not given. Ie breakfast, local free shuttle, etc

Location, hot tub, free local shuttle bus, reception staff pleasant and helpful when asked.

• Comfort Room with Two Queen Beds

the restaurant on Friday night could have had more staff. we went to a concert and it was cold outside so when we came back we just wanted a bite to eat and something hot to drink. we sat for 15 minutes and wasn't even acknowledged so we left and ordered room service. The elevators were a little screwed up. would push the button like 3 or 4 times when one would finally show up. out of 3 only seemed like 1 was working at anytime.

Staff was friendly and helpful, was very clean. and only a 7 minute walk to Rogers place if going to an event there perfect place to stay don't have to worry about parking. Food in restaurant is good.

• Premium King Room

The elevators were unbelievably slow and the one to the West seemed to not be working. Would be something that would prevent me from staying again if not fixed. The parking is small and very expensive, parking across the street was not very secure for the area at night and was right beside strip club. Was a lot of people milling around vehicle late at night in open parking lot.

There was a lot of staff to handle check in and were very friendly!

• Superior King Room

It’s unfortunate that the front desk staff are not able to help to compensate the guests when things aren’t satisfactory. My coffee machine in my room wouldn’t work through my whole stay at the hotel. All three elevators were not functioning properly. I felt very unsafe.

• Superior King Room

Didn't like the shower nozzle and controls - very finiky... The parking was a bit expensive for one night.

The bed was very comfy and we had everything we needed for one night's stay. The hotel is close to a fire station so we heard sirens several times - but nothing you can do about that.

• Comfort King Room

I did not like the lounge/restaurant. It got busy & staff couldn’t cope. In fact we went else where for breakfast because of this.

Bed and pillows were perfect!

• Superior King Room

Front office staff would not initially accept my debit credit card as a method of payment. The staff eventually solved this by talking to a manager then taking a couple of hundred dollars deposit on my debit credit card which was later refunded to me following a room check prior to checkout.

Very clean and quiet room. The bathroom had modern fixtures.

• Comfort Room with Two Queen Beds

Would have been nice to book the parking with the hotel booking or even have a discounted parking rate for hotel guests.

The light up mirror, bidet, and overall feel of the room was luxurious and greatly exceeded my expectations! Amazing hotel for the price!

• Comfort King Room

Parking expensive for hotel guests TV channels difficult to coordinate Some weird noises from ‘pipes’

Friendly helpful staff Great downtown location Super comfy bed 9/10 for cleanliness

• Comfort Room with Two Queen Beds

I was staying on the 4th floor facing 105th street, and there are extremely bright lights that shine onto the building. I'm guessing this only affects lower floors. The blinds stop the majority of the light, but a lot still gets in below and around the edge of the blinds. If possible, I would request a room on a higher floor to avoid this.

The location is excellent and the hotel is great. The lobby, rooms and common areas are very modern. The bathroom design is great. The toilet and shower area is separated from the sink and vanity, which makes getting ready with multiple people very easy. I know this isn't commonly reviewed, but the toilet is also one of the best I've ever seen with a heated seat and bidet.

• Comfort Room with Two Queen Beds

I didn't really think about parking before hand and wish I had known it wasn't included and cost 20$/car/night. Our group ended up with 3 cars down there and we would've planned differently if we had known.

We didn't spend a lot of time in the room but it seemed fancy for the price so that was nice.

none

Breakfast could be better, despite friendly restaurant staff. I would like to get raspberries and strawberries included in the breakfast menu, even a parfait is good.

• Comfort Room with Two Queen Beds

The bathroom had black hair on the floor and shower walls and I don’t have black hair. The shower would go ice cold to scalding hot and the tub wouldn’t drain so the water was up to my ankles. The shower head was wide and didn’t move either so I literally had to get out of the shower to turn the water off because it went so hot I couldn’t go through the water to turn it off. The beds were so uncomfortable and the heat/fan was impossible to keep at a comfortable level as the fan was always on and blowing cold and hot air at the same time. There was also a microwave sitting next to the door out in the hallway the whole time and when I asked the chambermaid why she just told someone to bring a microwave to our room even though I told her we didn’t need one, I was just wondering why it was in the hallway next to our door.

The front desk staff were extremely helpful, eager to please and very pleasant. The origami cranes on the beds were cute. The location was excellent for our purposes and the view from our room was fairly nice. The decor was very nice and the hotel had all the amenities I was looking for. The key access elevators and parkade were very secure and I felt safer. As well, the parkade was easy to navigate and a good price.

• Comfort King Room

A bit on the expensive side. Parking is sort of a gong show and also expensive.

The bed was insanely comfortable. Very clean. Very large and bright. Bathroom had a bidet. Staff were very friendly.

• Comfort King Room

The cost to order a movie was too high to consider. $24.99 for one movie is ridiculous. But we did not go there to watch a movie so it wasn't a big deal. However I think more people may order a movie for a reasonable price. You can order the same movies at home for $5.99

The breakfast buffet was awesome! Beds very comfy. Quiet location even though it was in the downtown area. Covered secure parking. Secure - must use key card to get anywhere. Friendly, efficient staff, who were very helpful. My husband forgot his phone charger at home, but the front desk charged it for him while we had breakfast. Shuttle driver took us to dinner and also picked us up after, which was very convenient. The pool and steam room were a perfect end to the day.

Hair on my new towels.

The toilet was crazy, I’ve never used one like that before. I’m buying one for my house now. Also, the speed of the three elevators was not overlooked, they were awesome!

• Premium King Room with Queen Sofa Bed

Left my phone charger in the room and when I called they said they couldn't find it but I know I left it in there...

Room was large and nice - parking was reasonably priced

• Comfort Room with Two Queen Beds

Was woken up at 330 in the morning by people partying next day was given free parking and breakfast coupon for free buffet

It was clean friendly staff great location to where we were going

• Premium King Room with Queen Sofa Bed

The room I had initially booked there was a huge water leak in the entrance before entering the bathroom. The carpet in the room it self was all wet

The hotel bad upgrade our room at no charge due to a water leak

• Superior King Room

The bed was super squeaky. Every time you rolled over, it would sound like two ducks doing it in the distance. Although the “Escape Into Action” is a nice mural painted on the side of the Shade strip club, it may or may not be something all travellers want to see or hear because at about 3AM, you’ll hear a rush of people if you’re right by the elevators.

A king size bed with hypoallergenic sheets are always my ideal stay! They even have a heated toilet seat! It’s nice to know that the first thing in the morning, you won’t be annoyed by how cold your rear end is 😂. I liked being on the 21st floor, there was an incredible city view of Edmonton.

• Superior King Room

Very quiet room and floor. Check-in and check-out were simple. Fitness facilities included one bench with free weights, some machines and treadmills/elliptical. The salt water hot tub was another big plus. Location was central and surrounded by excellent restaurants. Shuttle was available for transport, though I myself did not use it. Overall I would recommend staying here.

• Comfort King Room

The food from the restaurant/room service was mediocre, and the one day we ordered breakfast through room service, they brought it about 10-15 minutes before we'd booked it and woke us up--we had to answer the door and sign for it; they wouldn't leave it outside. The steam room was old and dingy, with an institutional, locker-room feel--impossible to relax in. We had no climate control for our room: the heat was either fully off (too cold) or all the way up (too hot). As a result, we slept poorly. They did try to fix the thermostat for us, but it didn't help. There was no microwave in the room, and the hotel wifi was down for most of one day. The hotel doesn't connect directly to a pedway, and any services are at least a block or two away.

The room was very clean and comfortable, and quite spacious. It was also extremely quiet--we didn't hear anyone else for the duration of our stay. All the staff were very friendly, prompt and helpful.

• Premium Suite

Room was not made up after we were out all day. Staff was indifferent. I advised the front desk staff that we were going out at about noon and could they please make up the room while we were out the rest of the day. They did not. Because my vehicle is a truck with a canopy, it is too big to park underground. Parking is across the street in pay parking lot, which is fine, but I still got a parking ticket, even though I was told by staff I would not.

The location was kitty corner to a public dog run for our dog.

• Premium Suite

TV was broken in living room (remotes did not work, even when new ones tried). Shower was difficult - hard to adjust so that it wasn't too hot or too cold, and the pipes made loud noises when adjusted. To keep the heat on, you had to keep the fans blowing constantly. That was a little annoying.

The bed was huge - larger than a king. The bidet in the bathroom was great! Lots of space in the suite we rented. All the staff were very friendly. Location was central - walk to all downtown.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

restaurant at hotel was not great - would seek out another option next time. Would of preferred valet parking as well.

rooms were great, spacious, and in good shape. Staff were welcoming.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Parking was full, so had to park across the street and drag suitcases across street in the snow! The hotel was full of escorts. And young people partying.

It keep clean and has a nice atmosphere.

• Comfort King Room

Breakfast and parking were not included which one expect to be included for the price paid.

Location was excellent. Staff were awesome. Very comfortable bed. Room was clean. Pet friendly. Gym, swimming pool, hot tub, & steam room were very good.

• Comfort King Room

Called to find out when the restaurant opened up was told 630am .we had to catch a shuttle bus at 725.thinkin.g we would have 1 hr for breakfast.went to the front dest to check out and was told it didn't,t open til 7.so we didn't get breaks before we left.we sat in the lobby for 1 hr before our bus come.

A lot of space in the room ,clean, king size bed.quite.

• Comfort King Room

Some of the equipment is very old, made loud noise, such as heating, my room table is not very stable, the use has been shaking.

The rooms are clean, though quiet in the city center.

• Comfort King Room

The cost of parking is expensive.

The rooms are very nice and clean. Quiet hotel once you get to your room you don't really hear anything from. The other rooms at all. Resturaunt has good food and decent prices to. Quite impressed here. Will definitely stay again.

• Superior King Room

Front desk staff wasn't friendly, wasn't helpful, wasn't apologetic for mistakes they had made about our stay. We won't be staying again.

The location was convenient, but right across from a strip bar, room was nice and clean.

• Comfort Room with Two Queen Beds

No vending machines on site for snacks. Beds hurt all of our backs. No microwave in room.

Very sleek hotel. Modern. Nice rooms with cool remote controlled toilets! We all Loved that feature. Pool anx hot tub on site. Buffet and in room service available. Quick check in. Nice staff. Parking on site (additional fee). Close to city centre snd 1 km from rogers centre and awesome oliver square resturants. Overall its a really Well kept property.

• Superior King Room

There was nothing we did not like about our stay. We would have appreciated a couple water bottles in the room though.

The room was clean and comfortable, as well as modern looking. The parking was convenient and the hotel was in an excellent location. There are plenty of delicious restaurants within walking distance along Jasper St. We only stayed one evening, but our overall experience was pleasant.

• Comfort Room with Two Queen Beds

Paying for parking in an unheated, old, dirty parade and then dragging luggage through stairwells and heavy doors without hotel assistance

Room was nice

• Comfort Room with Two Queen Beds

No good restaurant near by. Hotel restaurant or walk 4 blocks for a decent meal. Took 45min to get eggs Benedict in the morning. Staff seemed upset we didn't want the buffet.

Close to Rogers Place. 10min walk. Rooms are clean . Good parking . Parade good for 1/2 ton pickup.

• Comfort King Room

I don't like that the women's change room is hidden in a corner behind the gym with the door propped open. It makes women feel very vulnerable, especially when men are working out on the equipment just outside the door. Could you reverse the men's and women's changerooms?

Staff are friendly; pool and hot tub were great. Everything was clean and well organized.

• Superior King Room

Location is good in downtown Edmonton however some other business class hotels are better placed. It is somewhat outdated however has been renovated. Special toilet/washlet from Toto, didn't use the feature, is a bit noisy when used but that wasn't an issue for me. Parking is cheaper than in other places and there is public access so availability is a bit of a gamble (there was availability only on the upper floor, uncovered.

Convenient location, parking is cheaper than in other places, clean, comfortable, room lighting is above average for hotels, in room safe, big bottle of shampoo etc., onsite restaurant, lounge and pool. Efficient checkout. Good free wifi. There is a fridge in the room and a really big screen TV. and little extras: free disposable slippers, little origami decoration. Overall a great value for the price.

• Comfort Room with Two Queen Beds

A small inconvenience but the restaurant was under renovation.

Love this property. They go out of their way to make you and your pet welcome. There is now a small fenced dog park a half block from the hotel.

• Premium King Room

Food at the property was just average. Parking was $20.00 a night.

Rooms were super large, also our room had a bidet toilet which was kind of neat and unexpected.

• Comfort Room with Two Queen Beds

A coupon for breakfast of some kind. I don't like strong starbucks coffee in the room - should be the Starbucks blond kind.

The beds were great, the room was good. It was excellent - great location.

Parking price

Staff was very helpful place was very clean but the lobby bathroom needs to be updated. And parking is to hight some hotel are free if you stay

• Premium King Room with Queen Sofa Bed

Cleanliness most of all. Staff is very friendly and helpful and the decor in the room we had is updated and modern with a bidet in the bathroom. Kewl!

• Comfort Room with Two Queen Beds

The Service in the lounge in the evening was very slow. The food was great once it came but it took a long time. The server did apologize for the delay though.

No complaints.

Nice view of the city from the 21st floor! Room was nice and clean, all facilities worked great, staff was friendly and helpful. The bidet worked well too. Would stay again.

• Comfort King Room

Super fancy toilet in the bathroom, nice sink/vanity, but tub still needs upgrading. Bed and bedding was comfy, decor was nice. You can tell the property had been renovated. Went for a concert at Roger's Place and it was approx. a 10 min walk away, so quite convenient. Lots of restaurants and coffee shops nearby, so location was good. Went to the hotel's restaurant for their buffet breakfast. Food was decent, although the hot items could've been a bit warmer. I would stay at this property again and would recommend it, as well.

• Comfort Room with Two Queen Beds

Our view. The roof and the back side of a building from the 3rd floor, the fact I had to pay $25 IN TOP of my room charge to stay on the roof top parkade where we had to traverse 4 floors down with luggage to the Front desk.

The breakfast and the dining staff in the a.m. ONLY!

• Comfort King Room

Parkade is nice to have but if you had a large vehicle it would be tough to park.

Loved everything. Bed was comfortable, clean and roomy. Hotel was under renovation so only the lounge was open for food. It served a terrific turkey dinner for thanksgiving. Downtown and walking distance from many things.

• Premium King Room

out dated rooms and restaurant. old look of hotel room. two closets? hated the toilet seat! i could not turn it off... when you have an old looking places that is in need of major renovations etc... way the fancy toillet seats? what is the point and value for customer experience? just weird... the gym is like a sauna / gym / weird steamy place!! i avoided using it and paid $20 per day at the world health club near by just to avoid the weirdness of your gym...

Location to do business

• Comfort Room with Two Queen Beds

The cleanliness of the entire facilities was questionable. The room was still dirty. Outside the room was dirty and maintained poorly. The hot tub (Too Cold) and pool temperatures were terrible.

The bed was comfortable.

• Superior King Room

The room wasn't very clean, there was hair in the bed as well as in the shower. There was also some stuff crusted into the shower wall and shower curtain from the last guests. Also the shower drain was plugged. You also have to pay for parking in the parkade and it's open to public so it didny make us feel very secured

It was close to where we needed to be downtown

• Comfort Room with Two Queen Beds

No complimentary water in room Have to pay for parking Construction noise No in room snacks or beverages to puchase Vending machine and ice in a different floor a few more conveniences

Pets welcome Location Cleanliness Comfy beds

• Comfort Room with Two Queen Beds

Cost for drinks at the vending machines were probably normal for hotels but $3.50 for a bottle of cold water is too much. Go to the Shoppers Drug Mart Down the street, pickup a case of water and stick in the fridge yourself.

Excellent WIFI signal strength. Clean facilities. Walking distance to restaurants. Fridge in the room.

• Comfort Room with Two Queen Beds

I was incredibly disappointed to come back to our room at the end of the day to find it still had not been serviced by housekeeping. I had to request additional fresh towels and a new coffee packet for the in-room coffee maker from the front desk. Fortunately, these items were quickly delivered to our room. When asked about my stay during check-out the next morning, I mentioned my disappointing experience with housekeeping. I was pleasantly surprised when the front desk agent waived one night's parking charge as an apology for the cleaning oversight. Coast Hotels does a great job of righting its mistakes and keeping my loyalty as a guest.

The hotel staff is very friendly and professional. The decor is fashionable with decent-size rooms. The check-in/check-out process is a breeze. For being downtown, the nightly parking charge seemed relatively reasonable (no more than the surrounding lots). Beds were comfortable, though I would appreciate smaller pillows- the ones we had were so big I woke up with neck/back pain in the morning (guess I should have brought my own pillow).

• Comfort Room with Two Queen Beds

Noisy the room near elevator. The rooms let in a lot of outside noise. location is a bit sketchy in the evening. Loud bar across the street. As for a room facing the back.

Central location. Comfortable room. Decent price. Efficient staff. The high tech toilets are great

• Comfort Room with Two Queen Beds

On the second floor was a pool and a hot tub Luggage Service We could left our luggage after the check-out until the time to go to the Airport friendly and helpful staff

• Superior King Room

The room was very noisy re: hotels HVAC system. I changed rooms on the 1st night, the other room was a little less noisy. The pillows were too thick making it uncomfortable to sleep. The location of the hotel was good, however, at night you could here the sound of motorcycles roaring was a major irritant; I think bikers consider DT Ed their exclusive racetrack at night.

Not much.

• Comfort King Room

The room is clean and comfy. There is a metro station in five minutes walk. It is easy to find the hotel. The staffs there are also nice. They helped me a lot. I will choose it again when I need a hotel in Edmonton.

• Premium King Room

A/c fan didn't work so room was very hot. No tissues in room at all.

Bed was very comfy, bathroom super nice, great shower pressure , parking very handy, staff extremely helpful,

• Comfort Room with Two Queen Beds

The location is terrible. Across the street from a strip club and not far from a fire station. Between the noise from the two there wasn't much sleep to be had.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Can't think of anything!

Very friendly welcome & helpful check in staff....dining room staff equally polite Clean, newly painted room , attractive lobby - due to renovations Able to eat tasty & reasonable priced food at the hotel itself

• Comfort Room with Two Queen Beds

Great location, walking distance to various restaurants and to Rogers Place. Enjoyed the onsite secure parking. Room was very comfortable, I would definitely stay here again.

• Comfort Room with Two Queen Beds

The only complaint I would have is a first impression is huge. When we walked into the hotel room there is a long mirror which obviously had not been cleaned as there were smudges and sprays a of hairspray or something which leads you to wonder how much care goes into cleaning the rest of the room. We did not notice anything obvious other than the mirror however.

The hotel was very conveniently located. We flew to Edmonton and didn't have a car...we were very close to public transit and were within walking distance of Roger's Center where we attended a concert. The hotel staff were very helpful and accommodating. The restaurant and lounge were both very good as well!!