Reviews of Comfort Hotel Airport North 3 stars

445 Rexdale Boulevard, Etobicoke, M9W 6K5 Toronto, Canada

#75 of 133 hotels in Toronto

• Standard Queen Room

The hotel had a strange odor in some parts including the the hallways. Building looked old and falling a part in some places.

The location of where I needed to be was good. The staff was friendly as well.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Currently under renovation. Front desk is a mess. Overcharged me plus a so called marketing fee. The whole hotel smells like paint. Front desk provides bad service, sometimes they just disappeared for a long time.

Room was ok.

• Standard Queen Room

Had to wait an hour for the shuttle from the airport. Hotel has main lobby closed. Very worn out facility. Room had not been carefully cleaned. Do not recommend staying there.

Good beds

The pool was out of order, the restaurant closed due to a fire. The breakfast was cheap and not what I was expecting.

Room was nice, comfortable, and recently updated.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Alot of the facilities were closed due to damage and or renovations at the time of our stay and this doesn't seem to be reflected in the rate which was pretty high had those things even been open. No restaurant, no pool, staff weren't very friendly just overall not the best experience.

The room was pretty nice all and all. TV was a good size maybe 40 inches and the bed seemed pretty comfortable.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Understanding it was under construction-the condition of the public washrooms by the breakfast room was horrible with a strong mold smell and wallpaper /wall damages. The carpets in the newly renovated rooms where done shoddy and the access door to the plumbing in the bathroom had no latch to keep it closed, small superficial stuff that made the stay hoo hum rather then wow they really fixed this place up. Luckily Tim Hortons was walking distance as Breakfasts were limited and coffee was blah.

Most of the staff were great very friendly and attempted to help where they could, the location was convenient to our needs. Small changes needed to make stay excellent like changing coffee providers and keeping breakfast grains/fruits fresh

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No restaurant no arm chair in the room and a not so friendly personnel

The room was nice but there was no arm in the room only a computer chair my son who was with us had a king bed ad a nice arm my husband had a very hard time getting some sleep and we were not told before we booked the room that your restaurant was closed that was a huge disappointment

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Guest next door very loud, I had to call front desk as they woke us up. Security should walk halls 11-12 to be sure quests aren’t partying.

Room updated and nice

• Standard Queen Room

Couldn't be helped but strong smoke smell in lobby from fire. Pool closed for renovation

Room newly remodelled. Very comfortable Free parking Good in room coffee keurig

They need to renovate a bit more seem like there on the right track

Comfortable beds washroom and shower need to renovate Price was really good Breakfast was in included not the best but better then nothing

• Standard Queen Room

The hotel is under construction, but it will be really nice when finished.

The room was very nice, but noise from the next room was easy to hear. I like that public transport is very close by, and easy to access.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

our room was next to a utility room. so in the morning we could hear the workers coming into it. the noise in the hall was very load at all times.

the people at the front desk was nice. my booking was lost even tho i comfirmed it a week before we left. but they make sure to get us a room and free breakfast for our half hour wait. so job well done. our room was very clean and beds are confortable.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We wakeup at 3:33am on April 29 by the fire 🔥 alarm in the hotel.we rushed to the hallway of 11th floor and checked. A staff told us that's a false alarm and turn the alarm off. We returned to our room. Couple minutes later, a bad smell of smoke penetrate through our door. We opened the door and saw the smoke in the hallway.we realized that is a life-threatening situation and escape from the stairs. There was no staff at all to show the fire 🔥 exit. When we got out from the building, we saw the restaurant attached to the was burning. The smoke went to the hotel badly but the fire alarm was turned off. Many firetrucks came and the fireman told us to keep away from the building because the restaurant may explode. We saw many people were stucked in their room and looking in front of the window.As the fire 🔥 Alarm was off, they didn't know what's happening at all. We have to rush to the airport to catch our flight while the 🔥 was on, we left many personal stuff in the room. Later we found out the restaurant was completely burnt. This stay in comfort hotel is the most terrible experience in my life.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The Hotel is half burnt out. Smells like smoke. Blackened windows and construction. I flew into toronto late in the evening, didnt have many alternatives. Maybe you should tell guests about this before they get to the Hotel. Construction in the building started at 7am.

I have stayed at this hotel chain in other cities.

The elevator!!

Location was convenient for my purpose, staff was helpful, room was very comfortable and clean. Would stay there again and would definitely recommend this property.

• Standard Queen Room

Staff were friendly but slow. The night clerk assigned my room to another couple at 530am and two strangers walked into my room. There was only a bed and desk in the room and no chair as listed in accommodations and when asked why there was no chair it was well we are renovating.

The staff were friendly.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The beds were very nice and spacious. They had a take out/delivery book with all the restaurants that delivered to the hotel. They also had a free shuttle to and from the airport.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The beds were very old and uncomfortable, and the frame was broken so we slept on a slant all evening. There was clearly leaking issues at some point which caused the ceiling to be stained and peeling. There were some walls in bathroom that were lifting away from the framework. And the wall mounted light fixtures were hanging crooked and barely attached. And the pool area was closed for renovations, which I can understand those things have to happen, but had I known that was the case I wouldn’t have booked the room . Sorry, but the staff were amazing and made us feel as though we weren’t complaining for no reason and very understanding 😁

The check in clerk was very friendly, and understanding of our disappointment with the pool area being closed and the fact that the beds were extremely uncomfortable. He gave our family of 4, meal vouchers for breakfast 2 free adult brunches, which was delicious 😋

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Pool was closed. Wasn't informed of this when booked. Restaurant was a bit shabby but food was ok. Really loud until 1100 at night...but it was st. Patrick's day.

Convenient location to where we needed to go. Beds were super comfortable, rooms were very spacious.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The pool was under renovations and there was no clear mention of this on the website...we tried to call several times from Montreal to inquire about this but there was no answer every time we called. The cleaning staff was very friendly but the staff at reception needs professional development. I have never been at a hotel where the reception personnel does not acknowledge daily arrivals and departures with a warm smile and a "good morning!" This usually sets the service tone for me. This non-service oriented behaviour, I assume, begins with the manager...when we asked to see her, her stonewall face demeanour made us quickly realize that there would be no compassion on her part--we were right! She was almost rude! Very disappointed with the front office personnel of this hotel!! The shower in one of our rooms was not working but it was repaired the next day when we reported it. All in all, for the price, this was not a good experience!

• Standard Queen Room

My in-room movies didn't work. They finally moved me on the second night to a room where the movies worked, so the first night was a big drag watching tv.

If you want to meet the friendliest staff on the planet, they're here.

• Business King - Corner Room

No hot water. Very dated. Poor organization. Gave me wrong room which belonged to another patron. They walked in with their card during my stay. Was forced to change rooms. Not a great hotel by any means. Especially the lack of hot water.

• Standard Queen Room

The hotel is terrible. First the elevator is dirty, the numbers are upside down. The bathroom wasn’t clean, there were hairs everywhere, I didn’t touch anything with my hands. I would have changed hotels but I had a business meeting the next morning. Construction noises until after 11pm when I called down they acted like it wasn’t a big deal. I actually can’t believe anyone stays there! Worst hotel experience!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was close to everything we needed and the staff were excellent . Even house keeping staff were nice and easy to talk to. We initially were going to stay for one day but because it was so nice we ended up staying an additional day. Keep up the good work guys.

• Standard Queen Room

Facilities older than expected, misleading pictures in website.

Convenient Restaurant / bar on first floor, watching airplanes fly by through widow

• Standard Queen Room

The pool was not in use and that was a disappointment. It was one reason why we picked to stay.

The room was comfortable and clean. Great location and easy to get to.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No pool, ants in my room, no water for part of the day

Pool was closed, constructure going on, water was being turned off, no continental breakfast or breakfast options aside from on site restaurant. When booking I was not aware of the construction and pool closure or the water being turned off. My 1st room which was just renovated was nice but full of ants in the bathroom. Moved to a new smaller room at same rate. Staff was nice and I was able to cancel my 2nd night and go to another hotel.

• Standard Queen Room

I booked in the hotel thru Booking.com, when we arrived at the hotel they had never heard of us and had no room booked. Fortunately the staff found us a good room at a better price than booking.com We we’re tired when we arrived and did not need all the frustration caused buy Booking.com

• Business King Room

The hotel lifts were broke so we didn’t get the room we had paid for. We had to drag our bags up 5 flights of stairs. Stairwells look like multi-storey car park stairs. Corridors full of building supplies. No info was given about the shuttle I emailed the property regarding shuttle times and location but the property never replied.

The attached restaurant and bar does very nice food and the staff in the restaurant/bar were very friendly.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

we waited outside one hour for the shuttle with the baby on my lap, because the staff did not explain where exactly we should wait. we called 5 times and every and instead of giving us the location they were just telling us to wait....

free shuttle

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Shuttle was poor service waited two hours at Toronto airport with a 5 month when the weather wasnt warm management didn’t really care once we got there

Didn’t like anything

• Standard Queen Room

This was the third time we have used the hotel as a stopover on our trips to Cuba. To put it simply, everything just works. Fast check in, a good meal, a good sleep in a comfortable bed, fast check out, hotel shuttle on time and pickup the same. As I said it just works and works well.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

This facility is in need of a facelift. The chairs in the restaurants are stripped of the fabric on many of the club chairs, the bathroom walls are in poor repair, stripped of wallpaper, and it peeling in other areas with small holes on a few places. The hot tub could not be used in pool area and the online photo misrepresents the "gym" which is not much bigger than a closet with a couple of machines.

The restaurant meal (supper salads) were very good and the waitress was fantastic. Pleasant, social, accommodating to individual requests.

• Standard Queen Room

I would recommend the Comfort Hotel, staff was friendly, rooms are were nice and I enjoyed the keurig machine in my room. It made getting ready in the morning much more enjoyable. Parking outside was very convenient. Breakfast is extra so I didn't eat there, would have liked to have had a continental breakfast. However, it was nice to know that eating at the hotel was an option before heading to my conference early in the morning.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The guy when checking in was awful. Was disrespectful to my father who is in hospital with leukemia and forgot to give me points on my card then when I explained I specifically told him I had a points card he took it to the back and pretended to put points on. I complained in the morning and the girl said because I book through booking.com I don't get points which is fine but then why didn't he just say that instead of pretending to put points on my card. Very upsetting day in hospital to check in with a very disrespectful man

See above. I liked nothing

Nothing. The halls were really dirty. Looked liked they hadn’t been vacuumed in months. The elevators were disgusting spend the extra 5. And go to the Hampton Inn. There was no coffee or muffins either

• Business King - Corner Room

The Hotel shuttle took one hour and ten minutes to pick us up from the phone call. After a transatlantic journey waiting at the airport kerbside for so long in the atmosphere of car and bus fumes was awful. The hotel is only ten minutes away so that needs to be sorted. If that was in cold weather that would be too much.

Cleanliness, noise,

No insulation i the wall or. Celligns . Of the two beds one did not look like the sheets had been changed. The floor was disgusting, I only took my shoes off as I was getting into bed.

• Business King - Corner Room

Pool had empty beer cans, staff wasn’t rude but not exceptionally friendly. Check-in and check-out required waiting.

Clean, large room, good location

• Standard Queen Room

The restaurant (not operated by the hotel) is OK, but three things I ordered for breakfast weren't available!

Good location for an overnight stop passing through Toronto. Good shuttle bus service. Average accommodation. Shopping centre nearby with The Bay.

• Business King Room

Always seem to have a problem with the vending machine but staff makes it right :)

We use this property quite frequently and enjoy it every time. Jimmy who runs the check in desk is awesome. Keep up the great work!

• Standard Queen Room

There was a mix up with the payment and there was some confusion regarding breakfast costs. Also although the food was good at the restaurant, there was not enough staff on and the advertised entertainment never happened. While dinner costs were reasonable, breakfast was very expensive.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff was very friendly and helpful and the beds were comfortable.The airport shuttle was right on time! There's a pleasant restaurant right on site.

• Standard Queen Room

The elevator was broken one night and morning. I didn't like that breakfast was not included as other Comfort Inn locations offer free breakfast. It was also noisy - I have stayed at other locations with better sound proofing. This location is very poor and I heard people in the hallway and in other rooms. I would not stay there again. Also, check out was painful. The staff would not let me check out until they inspected the room. I waited about 20 minutes for that. Then the staff member took a phone call and wasted more of my time.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

the rate changed when I arrived as I wanted to leave car there during trip which was advertised had to pay an extra 50 dollars to do so unless I booked direct through the hotel which I did not I booked through bookings.com . my wake up call was not done but I still had the alarm work. did not know there was a complementary breakfast as asked in this review.

it was close to the airport and though I would try it.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

You should update your service. Your services is so bad. Even i just ask the plastic spoon and chopsticks, but you didn't have them for us. Morover, the receptionist also said " we are not restaurant we are just hotel " OMG you shouldn't say that. We also asked for the tooth brush, but they didn't bring it to us, they asked us that we should go to the reception to take it. I don't like your service. The quality of this hotel is so terrible. Thanks for listening us.

• Standard Queen Room

We booked three rooms at this hotel. None of the rooms were properly cleaned. Hotel was very noisy and we had to get up at 4:30 to go to the airport. We were on the ninth floor of the hotel and when we woke up both elevator were out of use. We are all senior citizens with different ailments and were forced to carry luggage down nine flights of stairs. My wife has C.O.P.D. and knee problems. No one seemed to care or want to help. One top of that my wife was served a very stale bun with dinner in the restaurant and it busted her denture plate. Wife wrote head office and hotel manager and never received a reply.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Pool. No breakfast but booming indicated breakfast

Bookings indicated breakfast included and it wasn't. It was pricey for the hotel quality and no breakfast included. Pool area in bad need of repairs.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Complimentary shuttle is at least one hour apart during the day. I was told by the shuttle driver they run every 30 mins from 2:30 am to 8:00am. It will be helpful if front desk post the shuttle schedule.

Close to Pearson Int'l airport to catch UP Express to Union Station, right down town under 30 mins.

• Standard Queen Room

The security could be a little better but I understand because so many people live in the building along with just travelers

I like that the room had a patio which is good for smokers and cable tv was a plus the room Was great really great

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They gave us a key to a room that was already occupied. The hotel is in a major need of updating and cleanliness was lacking. The restaurant was convenient but again, needs an updating. Everything looked old and worn out. The hot tub and one elevator were not working. Convenient to have an airport shuttle but they forgot to call for it, almost making our daughter late for her flight.

There was a restaurant on site and lots of parking and an airport shuttle

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We waited two hours for a shuttle bus to come I had to call the front desk two times when I was at the airport for them to come pick us up.

It was ok we just stayed there to sleep

• Standard Queen Room

they charged my credit card 3 times same amount , and 1 deducted! Why so unprofessional , and why have I spend time to resolve it ?? Also it was so noisy in the morning around 5am from another room ((

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Lift out of action. No staff on hand to assist with luggage. I had to lift 3 suitcases and 3 hand luggage up 7 flights of stairs. Swimming pool out of action for no reason. Reception could not give any explanation. Reception could not understand my English accent. The stairways were dirty. I was told to wait in reception for shuttle bus which came and went as I was suppose to be waiting outside, luckily I had planned enough time for any mishaps maybe I had made my mind up that it was not a very well organised and informative establishment from the moment I walked in and couldn't find my booking despite showing them my confirmation email.

I'm afraid due to everything that went wrong I couldn't say anything positive during my stay

• Standard Queen Room

Room cleanliness was substandard. Electrical outlet next to bed kept shorting out. While in the shower, shower head popped up hitting me know head.

very quiet hotel in a nice location with lots of shopping in area.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Very outdated. Needs major renovations and elevators were in rough shape. Carpets older and musty with use.

The staff were friendly and helpful. It was quiet while we were there and proximity to Pearson airport was adequate. Shuttle to and from hotel to airport was convenient.

• Standard Queen Room

The biggest thing was no air conditioning, which made it get pretty uncomfortable at times with the heat coming in from the sun, especially that high up, was pretty frustrating as I didn't need realize this was the case before booking, perhaps that's my own fault. I wouldn't stay here again in the summer, I'm sure it'd be okay in the winter.

Location was pretty good, free parking was great, wifi was consistent and reliable. The bed was incredibly comfortable, and the room was just nice overall, with a great view as well (I was in a penthouse room).

• Standard Queen Room

I called the hotel from the airport, and the staff were very rude to me, did not allow me to ask even the most simple questions, like where should I stand for pickup, on what level, what did the vehicle look like etc. It took three tries and more than an hour to finally find the right spot, and get picked up. The van was driven wildly and the driver blasted rap music so loud my ears rang for 2 days afterward. The attitude was, "customers are stupid and a pain", and at no time was any effort made to be helpful.

Room was nicely appointed, but I had only a few hours to appreciate it before my morning flight.

• Business King - Corner Room

When I arrived, both lifts were broken and the receptionist gave me a room at the 10th floor. He told me to wait 30 min and to go to the bar before having the lift fixed. 1.5h later nothing was fixed and I had to take the stairs with my luggages... The swimming pool is old and busy, do not expect being able to swim The shuttle to go to the airport must be booked otherwise it does not come. The morning's receptionist told me that it was coming once every hour... the air conditioning is a old, manual, and noisy

beds and pillows are great

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

the over head shower wasnt working. some front dest people (the south asian dude was rude-i think its too much of a cultural devide for him, no matter how nice i was he continued being rude;giving one word answers like i already argued with him) that did not bother me at all bcoz the other front dest people were nice.

the bed and view was great

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The beday are not comfortable. Very hard. Pillows are too soft soft and small but they gave 4 per bed so it was OK. The pool is very small. Expected larger. Hot tub jets were down.

Check in was swift. I liked the proximity to downtown and Vaughan

• Standard Queen Room

The hotel is suggested if you are travelling by car because it is easy to reach from the highways and it has a big free parking. The furniture of our room was not new, but the room was clean and big enough for a one night stay.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Upon arrival to our room there was no crib as requested, when I contacted the front desk to inform them I was told I'd have to go down to the lobby to get it. The elevator was extremely dirty (dead bugs, stained carpet, broken peanut shells) also the hallway and our room smelled of stale cigarette smoke

The pillows on our bed

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Smelly room Dirty carpet The hotel should've marked as a motel although I have seen motels much better than this place ! I don't know how others giving good rate! Based on what ?

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Elevators were down. I had baby and child to get upstairs and was told to sit down and wait until they could carry my luggage up. It was late and children were tired. They eventually told me to go up and they would bring luggage up

Closeness to airport

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

needs breakfast included. work something out with the restaurant that is on site out of coffee in the lobby, elevators hit or miss.. being on the 11th floor didn't help.

location was close to the airport

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I think that the housekeeper should make sure to leave towels that are not stained.

Hotel was okay, we stayed on a room that was not yet renovated. The room had no safe deposit in the room, however there was a frige, microwave and frige a great plus. Near buy a groceire store and a mall walking distance. The Staff was helpful. There was a shuttke from/to the airport - this was a plus.

• Standard Queen Room

The room smelled musty and moldy. Checking in was too complicated. The elevator didn't work and u stayed on the 10th floor.

The bed was comfortable. The TV worked

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The property is very dated. Good potential but if they build that 595 room hotel across the street at woodbine and you dont pump a major reno project into that facility to the tune of about 40k to 50k per key, then itll be a hard slog to keep any high qyality patrons coming. You'll need to get creative and put the swiss restaurant at the top of that buildimg with its own penthouse level exterior viewable elevator to dine and watch the horse track and the flight approaches to the airport and put shops or a dennys or a perkins at the ground level. Its under used and a wasted high traffic corner location right now.

Swiss restauraunt was good buffet value.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

While the room was not huge, it was very neat and clean with room to store our items for 5 days and 4 nights. We used the hot tub almost nightly. The staff was so, so kind. Booking.com had not passed along our reservation and the desk staff were wonderful helping me contact, by phone, booking.com and resolving the problem.

• Standard Queen Room

I just wish the pool, hot tub, and Women's​washrooms on the main floor were open for use. However, they were closed for repairs.

The room was clean and room service came daily. My room always smelled fresh. There were no bed bugs or fowl smells. The front desk clerks were very friendly and accommodated me on the day I checked out. He allowed me to put my bags in storage while I went to grab lunch before my bus came. He wanted to make sure I was comfortable, especially considering that I traveled all the way from Detroit to Toronto. I loved my stay and will definitely return.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I found out too late that by using booking.com I could not use my AAA discount. I didn't like that. The room was absolutely hot and it took until about 2:00 AM to get it cooled down. The air conditioner should be left on in every room on low (minimum cool) so guests are more comfortable sooner.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The pool had so much chlorine that my arm air changed colours. The hot tub was good though 😊

I liked that the breakfast was cheap and my room had a fridge and microwave.

• Standard Queen Room

Nothing to state as regards property. But customer service by booking.com and their response to queries and commitments was much below industry standards. Booking.com absolutely failed to honour the price match commitment and gave in various excuses to avoid the committment, which led to a total loss of more then cad 105 to us during three days stay.

Clarity of facilities at the time of booking and their availability at property once there without any inconvenience.

• Standard Queen Room

There was construction. They had the water turn off one day, then another day they did check the alarm. So I didn't fill like it was family safe because of the construction men going in and out all day of time.

It was easy to find hotel. The bathroom was good size.

Browse Comfort Hotel Airport North traveller photo gallery