Reviews of Comfort Inn Barrie 3 stars

75 Hart Drive, L4N 5M3 Barrie, Canada

#11 of 18 hotels in Barrie

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The refrigerator was turn off and the room had a musty smell when we first checked in. After the fridge was turned on the smell dissipated.

The room was clean and the staff was pleasant. Checking and out was fast and efficient.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Pet Friendly

The odour of the room, it smelled like a mix of old carpet, cigarette smoke and perfume. This was bearable at first but it ended up a deal breaker for the family.

Free breakfast, the fact that we have been able to shorten our stay.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

tv in our room didnt work and the wifi didnt work at all.there was a lot of noise in hall and from ppl when we were trying to sleep.also there was not enough towels for 2 ppl to take a shower and not enough shampoo either.also bathroom sink was clogged and didnt drain properly.

bed was comfy and breakfast was ok.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Place is not clean. Their maintenance crew is m.i.a. The light bulb blew in my room and instead of getting it fixed or giving me another room I was told to use the restroom in another suite. I ended up just buying a flashlight cause when I went into the other suite to shower the tub started to fill up. I couldn’t be bothered.

Jane at the front desk was amazing she went above and beyond. Such great customer service. The bed and pillows were comfy.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This was my second stay at this property in two weeks. The staff went out of their way to be helpful. The breakfast was great. Room was clean/ Bathroom was clean. Fresh towels every day if you needed them. Bed was very comfortable.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The patio door was hard to open..the procedure of it. Otherwise, I did feel safe.

I had an excellent rest and it was so peaceful. The bed was perfect.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My biggest problem with the Comfort Inn was that the parking lot was not plowed from the snow until late in the night (which woke me). I am a senior who prides myself on being independent so even though it was Christmas Day I was staying alone in the hotel. I have lived in Barrie before and know they get many snow storms so I feel the motel should have had better plan in place to ensure the lot was cleared for all the guests staying there for Christmas.

I liked the fact I could check in before 2:00PM, as I had a Christmas party to get to. The room was ready for me at 1:00PM.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wifi signal was good but internet connection is often slow, especially no connection can be established to google.

Great location. Good price. Breakfast with warm sausage and egg. Very warm room.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Unpleasant room smell. Plastic cutlery. Smoke detector battery needed changing. Sink drain very slow. No elevator when you have heavy luggage.

Comfy bed. Iron & board. Fridge, microwave.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Pet Friendly

My only complaint is that out bath tub was peeling and leaving flakes of paint on my soap and bottles.

I like that this is a pet friendly hotel. Also, the front desk staff are so welcoming and approachable.

Can't think of anything!

We were given the "comfort room" as my wife had a broken leg. It was bright, had a large washroom, and was easily accessible.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room- even though a non-smoking room had a smell like smoke that was partially covered up with a disinfectant smell. The bed was not very comfortable-the mattress should be replaced -current mattress sags in the middle, you roll to the centre.

Good location-short trip to down town for shopping/walking/exploring and eating.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was about 2 k from the centre of town but the helpful lady on the front desk suggested we get a taxi and called one for us. We walked back refreshed after food and beer. Paper plates for breakfast.

Great staff. Good value. Haven't been to a comfort inn in about 20 years and it exceeded what I was expecting.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Lynn who works registration is extremely rude and should work on her customer service. No one wants to be talked down too. And our sink in the bathroom and run were both clogged.

Comfy beds and air conditioning

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom sink didn't drain very well and toilet didn't flush properly. Advised the front desk before I checked out.

Great breakfast and friendly staff.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Nothing I booked a king bed got there and they didn't even have us in system 👹Had to prove with confirmation # and they continued to say it wasn't their location until I provided there address with confirmation Then gave us $20 off in double beds So as a result of this I will Never trust booking . Com Ever again 😩 Our 25 anniversary with only min $ to spend we had to In the first time in yrs sleep apart as the beds were too small not to mention the roof top view with crying babies every 4hrs throughout the night So Very disappointed for a occasion so special that I thought all planes I made with all the money we saved would be a well deserved treat Turned out we could have ate out and went home Waited to respond because we all know my words are going nowhere You ppl got your money and the hotel itself feels $20 was a big deal Wish all would actually feel with hearts instead of the $$ Lesson kearned on our part Not a happy camper Kurt and Shelly Christsdlet

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Although newly renovated, it was like putting lipstick on a pig. The room was unacceptably damp...when we got into bed, the sheets and mattress felt wet! So uncomfortable! The air conditioner was old and very loud, keeping me up most of the night and making our damp bed cold and even more uncomfortable. But it was nearly 100 degrees outside, so turning it off didn't seem like the best option either. The toilet wouldn't flush due to old, weak plumbing, despite the fact that they had upgraded to a nice Kohler toilet. All looks, zero function. I was hoping breakfast would be the saving grace since the pictures showed scrambled eggs and waffles with fresh strawberries. This was not as advertised. No scrambled eggs, only some weird, flat, processed looking fried eggs. The waffles didn't have fruit toppings although I guess you could cut up the apples or oranges from the other side of the breakfast bar. Overall, not what we anticipated. We wish we would spent $40 more and stayed at a real hotel.

The staff was extremely nice, even at 2am when we arrived from a long day of driving.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Price quoted by Booking.com was less. We were charged full price. Hotel told us to take up the matter with you.

Great location. Clean and comfortable. Nice outdoor patio and smoking area.

Restaurants within walking distance

Amazing staff and breakfast, coffee and lemon water available in lobby 24 hrs a day! Comfiest pillows I've ever slept on!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the layout of the hotel is odd, we couldn't find the breakfast area from our rooms. need to have better signs for guests.

room was clean, updated from other Comfort Inn's i have recently stayed at. Breakfast was good, breakfast area was large and clean.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was hot, delicious and staff non invasive. We are at breakfast at 6:30 a.m. It is great to have bacon and the best scrambled eggs! Staff at the front desk were sincerely friendly. Liked having chilled lemon water with available hot tea and coffee in the foyer.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My friend and I enjoyed the stay. Everything was clean and fresh, beds were amazingly comfortable, bathrooms were clean and had brand new amenities. Overall, it was worth the money!!!

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Just more of a note... the extra sheets that were in our room. They were for a queen bed and we stayed in a room with a king, so they didn't fit on the bed. There were some big potholes in the parking lot too. Small cars can bottom out in them.

The location The bed was really comfy

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There is no elevator and got switched to downstairs room immediately . Door to outside the room .................no walking , Good breakfast . Sent us to Tiff's for a great fish & Chips .

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was vomit in the back stairs and entrance when we went to leave..told them about it but it wasn't cleaned up very well by the time we were leaving

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The ice machine was out of order and they offered to pay for us to buy ice at a local variety store but it was too much out of our way to go there that late... we just put our drinks in the fridge and they were cool soon after that.

there was a large selection of breakfast items that were complimentary... muffins, toasts, cereals, hot eggs and sausage, waffles, and yogurts.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Ants in the room. King size bed was so uncomfortable. The eggs were disgusting, both the boiled and the steamed hard "fried" eggs. Way overpriced for the accomodation!!!!!The holiday Inn is brand new and swanky. It costs the same as the Comfort Inn. No comparison

Staff were great. Very friendly

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The tempature in the room was either too hot or too cold. One staff member seemed very egar for us to checkout when our checkout time was 4pm.

I enjoyed myself very much, I sayed here to be able to just have me time with my sister. Free wifi and free breakfast was a great bonus! The breakfast was a very wide variety of food.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was very loud. We could hear everything anyone in the hallway was saying. The room was cold when we arrived and although the room warmed up nicely, the bathroom stayed cold and regulating the temperature was not easy. Hallways were always cold.

The beds were great and location was very convenient.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was not very clean we could see dirt and smears in tub and sink and something on rim of toilet lid. My fiancé dropped her earring on the floor and when she was looking for it she found half of a chocolate bar open under the couch. Also the sliding door was hard to open to get out to our vehicle.

The staff at front desk was very friendly and more then helpful. The room temp was comfortable and loved that we were able to control it.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Didn't like the cleaners rushing us out before checkout.

The staff is friendly and helpful. rooms are clean and well kept. Loved the newly renovated facilities & appliances. Beds are comfortable and the available breakfast is a nice touch.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom could have been cleaned a little better but nothing major.

The free wifi was a a little bit slow but still a great option to have. The bed was very comfortable and the room spacious.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not much in the way of facilities - but would not expect it at this price. The heating system is a bit outdated (window-based) but quite workable.

Recently remodeled - squeaky clean. Nice comfortable rooms.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Unfortunately due to the time that we were there there were some guests that caused a bit of a situation which was loud enough to delay our sleep and then they also woke us up with their antics 2 hours or so later which meant we were pretty tired the morning that we checked out.This was no fault of the staff just the situation and timing.

The rooms were clean and spacious and the staff were friendly. When I called in the day prior they were readily able to assist me

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Pet Friendly

There was a stuffiness/smell of the first room we were given. They changed us to the room across the hall and it was much better.

My husband was camping out on an island the same night and didn't get back till late. The staff were kind enough to let us hang out in our room for the hour or so last checkout until he arrived without charge which we very much appreciated.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I got to the hotel to late to enjoy my room more.

The bed was comfy, the room was clean, the breakfast was tasty and had eggs and real breakfast items.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Longer stay!

the bed was very comfortable !! Used it was a place to revisit friends and that made the location convenient.Front desk person friendly --

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There were no automatic doors or elevator, which made carrying our luggage to the 2nd floor a challenge, especially with a wild toddler running around.

It was nicely updated. The location was perfect! The breakfast was great! The staff were friendly. Check in/Check out was quick!

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Filled the bath to bathe my son and the water was yellow. Was a little less yellow once I ran it a second time. But still weird.

Breakfast was amazing. Staff were polite and helpful. Room very clean and comfy.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Pet Friendly

The desk staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. He helped us connect to the internet and was very charming. The breakfast staff were nice and made sure we were happy with our morning.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room was on the first floor right outside the laundry room. Staff came into work at 6am and were very loud and not considerate at the fact people were sleeping right across the hall.

Breakfast was great! Room was very comfortable for a family of 3

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The front desk manager was extremely friendly and helpful....I work with the public and know it can be a challenge...it's really nice to have a good experience...

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I don't have a credit card, I don't want to have one... I like paying with debit or cash at check out.. I was having trouble, because I didn't have a credit card? There should be options for people who don't like credit cards. I have a VISA debit card, but that one was not acceptable, that's incredible... I had to use my cash that I had separated for expenses while in the area and couldn't pay with my visa debit card...

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I don't care for having the noisy highway next door. As a result, our window was quite dirty with a trashy building for a view.

Breakfast room was immaculate and food was fresh.Beds were comfortable and staff were very friendly and helpful with directions.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When checking in the staff (1 woman) was under a great deal of stress. There was a major storm that just passed through causing a power failure. She was dealing with several other problems as well, but she treated us so well you wouldn't have known. We could tell it wasn't easy on her, having to be alone on the desk but I give her a gold star for her professionalism!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was an odour throughout the hallways which was not the same as the fresh oil paint smell in the stairwell. The room was pleasant but funny damp smelling. The fan took the odour and dampness away. The breakfast was fine with the exception of the egg and sausage. They did not look appealing.

The room was pleasant enough but I would not book again. I would spend a little more to get something that smelled nice and was fresh.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff person on night/early morn kept opening door into hall and moving back and forth to place receipts off under the doors. Noisy! Hard to sleep.

The price was great - staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast area is small. Don't like having to ask for bacon and eggs. Should be able to serve myself. Felt like I was being watched the entire time I was having breakfast. Very uncomfortable.

Bed very comfortable WiFi very fast. Room clean. Toilet needs a plumber but able to stop it from running. Staff was extremely polite. I would stay here again should we be in the Orillia area.

Shops breakdance room space

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast offered was varied and plentiful. The receptionist was helpful and very pleasant.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Pet Friendly

I like the place very nice

Good service with good complimentary Continental Breakfast

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Pet Friendly

Dated ... bath tub chipped and needing upgrade.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was a good place to stay. I have no complaints

Parking was good I was able to park close to my room and exit out the balcony doors

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

buffet could have lasted longer

good location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Ants in the bathroom. Disgusting. Brown water.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Out of four of us only 1 could take a bit Shower, no more warm.or.hot water.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Over all very clean room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very small breakfast area so we took it to our rooms each day.

Friendly staff. Good facilities in rooms and large comfortable beds

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms seemed just a bit dated.

For the price it was a good place to stay. Staff was friendly. Rooms were clean.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Heating and Air Conditioning unit in the room is outdated, noisy, and cannot keep comfortable temperature in the room.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Appreciated the bathroom night light

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

That I didn’t say longer.

The staff. This location was great. The staff made this place amazing.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Washroom seems old, bathtub is dirty.

Affordable rooms, great staff!!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

A lot of very loud drunks

Was not a bad room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Location because it is not close to shops such as groceries and pharmacies

The staff very friendly and helpful We felt like staying with family

Staffs are very friendly

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

sink was not working properly and need tlc

personnel were very nice

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Patio door didnt open properly. It was stuck in the track. TV reception was blurry.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Without an elevator we found it difficult getting our large suitcases up the stairs to the second floor.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the bathroom had feces all over the toilet and wall- clearly was not cleaned prior to our arrival- gross

nice staff-good breakfast

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Smoking Hotel all you can smell is cigarette. Butts all over the premise

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Having to leave for home & real life. This was a mini holiday.

The fact we can get a breakfast free! Plus, coffee anytime!

Was good

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pillows were very comfortable