Reviews of Comfort Inn Burlington 2 stars

3290 South Service Road, L7N 3M6 Burlington, Canada

#3 of 14 hotels in Burlington

Bed was comfortable and room was very nice.
    • Standard King Room - Top Floor

Wish it had a pool. The scrambled eggs in the complimentary breakfast weren't very good.

Bed was comfortable and room was very nice. The free breakfast was a nice touch.

Everything, other than food availability (lunch/dinner) was excellent.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

No fast food/restaurant nearby for lunch/dinner (didn't bring car). Had to leave at 6am - so could not enjoy hot breakfast - hot breakfast not until 6:30-am.

Our stay was comfortable; our room and the washroom were clean.

Bring earplugs for loud air conditioner.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Air conditioner was very loud. It rattled and groaned constantly. Some highway noise. Both key cards to room lost their programming and had to be reprogrammed at desk. Smoking area right beside the unlocked rear door making hallways smell of smoke. No fan in bathroom.

Staff very nice. Room was clean. Breakfast was adequate and had a couple of healthier options. Quiet at night.

Much more than we expected!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Corridors -- needed more diligent vacuuming.

Exceeded expectations -- very comfortable bed, amiable staff, excellent breakfast and good location -- couldn't ask for anything more!

Very good just a bit far from shopping etc when we don’t have own transport
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Washing facilities were excellent for our needs (showering)

Breakfast was good and the service was good / room was good suited our needs ( mobility problems)

Very comfortable, quiet and great value for money!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

If one is looking to complain you can always find something to say. I am not fond of disposable plates and plastic knives and forks, but I appreciate cost has to be contained some where at this price level.

I have traveled extensively over many years. The cost benefit ratio was very high. I have stayed in many places where the cost was/is significantly higher for equal or less overall quality. The room was very clean and comfortable and the complimentary breakfast more than satisfactory. Ease of access and parking a non issue.

Very nice stay. The breakfast makes it all worth while.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

A tight squeeze between the bed and the closet and fridge and microwave. No big deal. Curiosity that there is no elevator, although there are only 2 floors. A good selection of TV channels, although a plethora of French stations, and no specialty networks(e.g. movie channels.)

Best free breakfast at any motel, including best real scrambled eggs, best bacon, and, by far, best sausages. Yogurt, even Greek Yogurt. Wide variety of bread, bagels, croissants, danishes, english muffins, and muffins. Apples, pears, oranges, and bowl of cut up melon. The dining area is really nice, and, unlike most places, you can take a tray back to your room! The rooms are somewhat small, but come with both a good sized fridge, and a small microwave. Beds are comfy with nice linen. Nice desk, and an average size flat screen TV and remote that both work. Nice selection at the vending machines, and always really good coffee available. And free morning newspapers. All for just about the lowest price in town. Who cares if there's no pool? You can't beat it.

just right

no elevator.

room was spacious, beds were comfortable , fridge in room set just at the right temperature , nice size bathroom, friendly hotel staff & easy check in.. pretty much everything about this place is good.

Quality Hotel, clean, friendly people. Good wifi. Excellent breakfasr.
    • Standard Queen Room - Top Floor

Elevator to 2nd floor but agent at desk helped me with it. Loved wifi access.

Breakfast very hearty and excellent. Liked a iron in room, wasn't rusted out.

Thoroughly enjoyable

Nothing to dislike.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. Breakfast far exceeded our expectations. Lovely and hot, sausages brown and bacon crispy cooked, scrambled eggs particularly good. Greek yogurt was a great choice too. Well done!

Very Disappointing Experience
    • Standard King Room - Top Floor

The front desk was very rude and unhelpful. We asked for a change in room because we had a king bed and we wanted 2 queen to have a little more space to sleep. Although the website said they had a 3 rooms available that night with two queen beds, the front desk wanted to charge us a second room to get the two queen beds because we had already checked in to the first room. The front desk said the cleaning crew was gone and they could not rerent the room. We had literally just walked in to the room when we called then to tell them to get a bigger room. Why would you need a cleaning crew? It was as if the person in the front desk did everything in her power to make sure we had a sour experience at this hotel to make sure never to go back. The worst of all , the hotel ads are deceitful because they never mention the fact that there is no elevator at this location so we suggest you travel very ligthly because it is a long walk to your room especially since our wonderful receptionist decided to set us up in the furthest room from the front desk and our car. Please go to the admiral inn instead. Its just as clean if not more and its alot less expensive and the staff at the admiral inn are super helpful. Also i almost forgot to tell you that the wifi was crap :( another good reason never to go back there.

I liked the fact that fact thar the hotel was accross the street from our tennis tournament tomorrow

Overall we were satisfied with the hotel.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Queen beds would be better than double. A hot tub/pool would be nice also an elevator would be helpful.

Good breakie and value for money. Close to our function and restaurants. Staff friendly

Check in staff rude and difficult to deal with , including...
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Check in staff rude and difficult to deal with , including the General Manager, I was not told there was no elevator to the second floor and my son is handicapped.

The staff, room and breakfast were excellent but the...
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

The staff, room and breakfast were excellent but the thermostat in the room didn't work when we programmed it and we woke up in the night and I saw it go up from 75 to 76 and kept trying to get it to go down but it wouldn't and the only way I could stop the escalation was by turning the heat off completely. It was 2 in the morning and we were in a hurry in the morning so we didn't tell them...it's room 202 if it's still an issue.

Stay was very good indeed.
    • Standard Queen Room - Top Floor

Negatives: nothing of significance, but ... rooms are a bit small and the heat-air conditioning was a bit challenging -- it kept self-correcting to 24C which is too warm.

Stay was very good indeed. Location excellent. Clean & tidy. Price was excellent. Excellent value for money. We would stay there again and would recommend it to friends. The fact that breakfast is included is a real selling point.

Very good with parking at our patio door, which is excellent for me due to bad knees.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Due to melting and freezing of snow there was a couple of slippery spots in the parking area and pathway up to front entrance. The staff had been putting salt down but some areas were still badly iced.

Value for money.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Again, as a whole Brenda made the stay welcoming and like home.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

No elevator We carried our luggage up to the 2nd floor after a long day.

Brenda on the front desk made us feel at home right away. I needed help with something to clean the glue off my car she made ut happen without hesitation. And breakfast was excellent. We will stay at your hotel again next time we are in town.

It was excellent for both of us. Thank you!

Everything was great!

Breakfast was excellent. The room was comfortable & clean and the bed was extra comfy. Bathroom soap, hand lotion, shampoo & conditioner had a lovely smell - not typical. Staff was friendly too. Free parking and wifi.

I could access my room through the patio door, and where I...
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Eggs were barely warm and late coming. One side of the single double toaster did not work and a lot of people were waiting to use it.

I could access my room through the patio door, and where I was parked right outside my room. This is very good due to my knee problems. Room was clean but vanity was small.

The beds where very comfortable, the staff was excellent and...
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

The only things that my friends and I found that the toilet paper dispenser was to far from thetoile

The beds where very comfortable, the staff was excellent and the food was was very good.

Very good.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Would have preferred a 1st floor room with a sliding door to outside but we're all sold out for the days we needed. Not the fault of the hotel just my preference to make the stay better.

Liked that we could sit with friends in comfortable chairs in the lobby to have a drink or two without the staff asking us to leave as we have experienced at other comfort inns in other cities. Very much appreciated that! Thank you!

Excellent value for money
    • Standard King Room - Top Floor

Although the Comfort Inn was located next to a busy highway the soundproofing was excellent and there was no noise. The staff were very friendly and helpful and there were restaurants/bars within 5 minutes walk

Good soundproofing against the traffic noise on the nearby...
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Under renovation but still pretty dated. Wouldn't be my first choice although the price was right.

Good soundproofing against the traffic noise on the nearby freeway.

It was a fair experiance.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

I had a handicapped person with me, and since there was no elevators and were given an upper level rooms; therefore it was very inconvenient to carry a person to the upper level. It was taking us 20 minutes to go up or down the stairs. Wish they put on their website that there are no elevators.

Reasonably priced, and friendly staff.

Don't stay in a room facing the highway and watch out the price difference
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Noise and a manager's insensitivity such as how he reply to my questions .

I asked for a quite room and I made my reservation through booking. I was put in a room next to highway I could not sleep well due to noise & and I pay $10 more than my France because I did the reservation through booking . When I complained next morning during my check out about the noise and I was charged $10 more than my friends . The manager(gentleman )was very insensitive what his answer to me and he told me because you made reservation through booking this why you paid more and he told me that booking did not inform them for a quiet room while I made my reservation with booking .

It met our expectations.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Room rate was a bit confusing (more).

All, was well done. I'd stay again and highly recommend to family and friends. Regards, Terry LemieuxRoom rate

Good Value and Comfort
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

It seemed out of the way but it was easy to get to using Google maps. I was worried it would be noisy because it's close to the highway but it wasn't at all

The room/bathroom was modern and clean... very comfortable. Breakfast buffet was generous and yummy ...

very comfortable
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

no elevator (not clear in ads) and multiple flights of stairs - first you go up to 2nd floor then you have to go down a half flight to get to your rooms - difficult with heavy suitcases and no offer of assistance (even tho guests were obviously "more mature" women!)

location and access to both Hamilton and Niagara on the Lake area /highway was good - nice breakfast buffet

Wonderful place to stay so that we could be picked up by a tour to visit Niagara Falls.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

I had trouble getting onto the wi fi but was put in touch with the tech support and they sorted it out.

We loved the full breakfast that was provided. and the front desk staff were very helpful and cheerful.

I received confirmation of my booking via email and when we...
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

I received confirmation of my booking via email and when we showed up to the hotel it was cancelled. I did not receive and documentation saying that it was cancelled and had to wait approx 30 minutes at the front desk to be re-booked at a higher rate! It was only brought to my attention in the morning after my stay that the hotel managed to re- secure the original rate that I booked for.

NOTHING MY HUSBAND TRAVEL QUITE BIT, AND ALWAYS STAY IN A COMFORT INN.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

THE ONLY THING WAS YOU HAD MY CHRISTIAN NAME SPELLED WRONG - IT IS MARILYN NOT MERILYN

We were there only one nite with very close friend. Your staff at the front desk were more than helpful. The dining room staff we very knowledgeable with dining restrictions for us.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Nice stay.
    • Standard King Room - Top Floor

Internet interruption. Lost internet for 4 hours. I had to do a business report for a meeting the following day.

The bed was so comfortable the only thing that got me out of bed was the breakfast otherwise I could have slept all day.

1-I told them 3 times not to charge my credit card and I...
    • Standard King Room - Top Floor

1-I told them 3 times not to charge my credit card and I wanted to pay by debit. They charged my credit card 2-the bathroom toilet seat was dirty 3-there was a previous persons dirty hair elastic on the carpet beside the bed

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

SLEP WELL !!! in a good hotel
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

NOT EASY TO FIND !!! i have no GPS but i found the hotel after searching for a while ..

The woman at the counter front desk was very helpful !!! ( from England ) i love the beds , breakfast was great !!! VERY CLEAN !!!! good hotel from my point of view , thanks / Merci !!

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Good choice for value and location.
    • Standard King Room - Top Floor

Property itself is a little tired. Even though the location was good as far as proximity to shops and downtown, it is right beside the very busy and noisy highway. King bed was ok comfort wise but every movement from partner was felt. Mattress and box spring was not completely enclosed for bedbug prevention.

Good selection of food. Sausages bacon scrambled eggs waffles cereal toast bagels and fruit. Staff refilled the eggs even when we got to the buffet at the end of the breakfast period. Coffee was just passable but no worse than any other "free" breakfast hotels. Very friendly front desk staff. Ask for a room facing the back away from the noise of the highway especially if you like to sleep with the windows open......which we were happy to be able to do. Nice to have a small fridge and microwave in the room. Several good restaurants within a kilometre and centrally located. Got a great rate from Booking.com!

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

A confortable stay
    • Standard King Room - Top Floor

The hotel is on a service road next to the highway so it is very noisy for the rooms facing it.

Our room was located in the back facing a park. It was confortable and clean. The breakfast offered a nice food selection. The hotel is close to restaurants.

Best value
    • Standard King Room - Top Floor

Breakfast is getting boring.

I do like the all un package

Always good.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Spacious room comfortable beds. Good location.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Breakfast was hot and great.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Exterior side door to parking lot was not locked.

Breakfast was hot and great. Good laundry facilities.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

great value for money.

everything

Overall it was a nice stay for the value
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

The room could have been vacuumed a little bit better

Convience and cleanliness

Get better & better .

Beds super comfy . Decent size room. Friendly staff and good location

Friendly staff, good breakfast
    • Standard King Room - Top Floor

When l came back at the end of the day my bed was made but was messy and our dirty cups were still on our table

Friendly staff, good breakfast

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

breakfast

breakfast

Best

Beds comfortable. Spacious rooms .friendly & accomodating staff. Good location

Great for a one night say.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Lack of a fitness centre.

Comfortable room. Very good continental breakfast.

Neat and clean

Smoking smell

Neat and clean

Hands down the best comfort inn
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Beds super comfy , large spacious modern rooms .friendly and accomodating staff.

breakfast wasn't served till 7 on weekends instead of 6...
    • Standard King Room - Top Floor

breakfast wasn't served till 7 on weekends instead of 6 so we missed that. No elevator and had no rooms available on first floor.

Beds comfortable.

Beds comfortable. Spacious rooms

Great location for tennis tournament otherwise i would not recommend
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Its not clear that top floor means you need to walk up will all your bags and that is why its less expensive

Very close to tennis courts

Just a few minutes from QEII, walking distance to amenities.

Nothing for the price;)

Excellent breakfast, great location, friendly and helpful staff.

Exceeded expectations.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Comfortable beds. Excellent breakfast offering.

Would have been better if it was clean
    • Standard King Room - Top Floor

Bathroom was not cleaned. Used face clothes were left on the shower curtain rod and the tub was dirty

Comfortable,
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Top Floor

Directions to hotel. A bit difficult to spot. Heat difficult to turn on .

Cleanliness., cost of staying, pleasant desk clerk.

Very clean, staff were very attentive.
    • Standard King Room - Top Floor

Coffee provided with breakfast was not great.

Very clean, staff were very attentive.

comfortable

No comment

Good

Overall good value for money

Bed too soft

Climate control was excellent

Pleasantly surprised!

No elevator

Location and clean

Nothing really

Location and clean

I will come here again when z
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Great value for the money. Customer service was excellent.

The bed was good

Room was Very noisy

The bed was good

Our stay was quiet, clean and comfortable just as we expected!
    • Standard King Room - Top Floor

Room was a bit small but overall it was a great stay .

The room was clean and staff was very kind. Quiet place to stay . King bed was comfy

Great breakfast buffet.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

There was a nice selection on the breakfast buffet - lots of hot items, not just cereals and waffles.

Comfort Inn made my Top 10 list.

Clean

My stay has been pleasant, quiet and great access to highway and local restaurants.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Surprised, excellent value for economical price.

I dont like a wifi it was very long

I dont like a wifi it was very long

Snow wasn’t removed when we parked at 8pm but was removed in...

Snow wasn’t removed when we parked at 8pm but was removed in the morning

Awesome breakfast!
    • Standard Queen Room - Top Floor

Awesome breakfast! Clean and spacious rooms for a good price.

Excellent stay, will return!
    • Standard King Room - Top Floor

Great breakfast. Clean facilities. Very friendly and helpful staff. Lots of free parking.

Nice
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Top Floor

The room was too hot the heat was on too high

Clean room

Suite and Good Scrambled eggs for breakfast.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Suite and Good Scrambled eggs for breakfast.

nice breakfast

pillows

nice breakfast

amazing.
    • Standard King Room - Top Floor

The bed was a bit uncomfortable and hard.

The room was nice.

Excellent only regret was stay not long enough

No hot tub/pool

Hotel was nearby location I attended for event