Reviews of Comfort Inn Cambridge 3 stars

220 Holiday Inn Drive, N3C 1Z4 Cambridge, Canada

#7 of 9 hotels in Cambridge

Good accommodation and excellent, caring staff,
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

I enjoyed the services rendered and the staff were excellent—very helpful. It was great to have a breakfast waiting in the morning so that I didn’t have to concern myself where to go for my morning meal on top of the concern of why I was in that city in the first place. My only setback was that the pillows were too soft not enabling me to have a restful night but I.m sure had I called the front desk they well may have offered me pillows more to my comfort—the staff were that kind and helpful. I will stay here again when need be.

Close to what you need
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room used to be smoking room and you could still smell still smoke in the room. Especially when you turn on the air conditioner you have walked through the room. They need to change the filter of the air conditioner somehow.

wouldnt stay there again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was not clean. Smelled like smoke and the tub was filthy and the tap dripped. There were stains on the wall paper. No extra sheer on window so it was either dark or exposed to outside.

Economical convenience without sacrificing comfort.
    • Queen Room

Breakfast was sort of minimal. There was no safe in the room.

For a hotel of this price, age and style, I was pleasantly pleased by the size, comfort and amenities of the room. For instance, there was a fairly large dresser with usable large drawers. I could park my car right outside my door-wall for very easy access.

Bed was very comfortable
    • Queen Room - Ground Floor

If we had a room in a location away from rooms with children as we were there to relax. Children were allowed to run the hall past 11 pm. The staff tried to correct this so it’s the parents fault not the hotel

Bed was very comfortable Location was excellent for our needs

Thumbs up to the reception staff for the friendly and helpful attitude.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Toilets that would not always flush, even with holding the handle down. Comfort Inn head office should look into repairing and replacing the older tubs, toilets and plumbing system.

The bed and pillows were quite comfortable, which we appreciated, seeing it hadn’t been for pleasure that we were down in Cambridge. The breakfast items were the norm. The staff were very very pleasant and helpful! The rooms were clean. Plenty of hot water for all of us to have showers. The location was convenient to the 401 as well as to where we needed to go.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

I try to pick comfort Inn as often as possible and I have never been disappointed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The ladies checking in ahead of us took forever and when I checked in I had to tell her my address and she was in a little cubby a bit back of the counter so I had to speak quite loudly and there was a man standing behind me that could hear everything I said

The rooms are clean and modern, I love the pillows and the breakfast is great

We had an amazing stay at our home away from home.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms are comfortable and quiet and the breakfast is awesome. The Comfort Inn is located in an area where we are close to everything we need in Cambridge as well as Kitchener, which made it easy to get to all the people we wanted to visit and all the amenities we wanted to make use of. :-)

Good value for the money.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The heating unit was quite loud and it was a little diffucult to regulate the temperature.

The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was very good.

Overall good, would stay there again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Was told to go to room to use microwave to prepare porridge, thought the lady responsible for topping up food supplies was "officious" English not too good, while looking for the microwave, she did not understand at first, and claimed the little kitchen "mine".! She was a hard worker, nonetheless. FOOD AREA needs a microwave, rather than have one in the unit. The fridge/freezer section needs Calibrating as my ice pack frozen and had to leave it behind. Door to laundry room remained open for the 18 hr we were there. Rom was a tad on the small side.

High rate for cleanliness, had 1st floor, no need for elevator or stairs, breakfast choices good, excellent coffee

Noticed the room was quite dusty - coffee pot had a layer of...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Noticed the room was quite dusty - coffee pot had a layer of dust and there seemed to be something that made us cough - perhaps too much Feebreeze or something sprayed into the room. Air conditioner was noicy

Never again
    • Queen Room

Dirty dirty dirty !!!!! Even the linen was not clean !!! There were stains on it and smelled like it was slept in !!! The window seals were obviously broken which made the whole window fog up so you couldn't even see out of it . By far one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in .

Parking and location were convenient

Overall, good value for money and conveniently situated with very comfortable beds/pillows.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Little things like broken hook on back of bathroom door, cover of fan in bathroom not put on properly, fridge not defrosted, and clock with alarm that didn't work - but the main things (bed, number of towels provided, cleanliness of bathroom) were fine and the rest were basically minor inconveniences. Window in room was open on arrival, and we kept it open throughout our stay - otherwise the air might not have been as fresh as it was. I did try to phone down to the front desk at one point, and got no answer, but I didn't try a second time.

Bed was extremely comfortable, as were pillows, and room was a good size. Very useful to have fridge and microwave in room - especially for someone with food intolerance/allergies. Grocery store very close to hotel, which was good for easy purchase of food for evening meal. (Take your own plates/cutlery/dish soap/tea towel etc. if choosing to purchase food as opposed to finding a restaurant.)

I would come again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom was clean but the bathtub was very dirty took a shower and the bathtub filled up LOTS of hair in the drain ☹️ Pullled all of it out and then it drained ok

The breakfast was great kids love making there own breakfast

Ok for a night
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room's carpet by the patio door was very wet which gave the room a musty smell. on the morning of checkout they washed the tile floor no sign out and I took a hard fall. Whatever they used was like vasaline. I had a hard time getting up kept slipping.

Checking staff were great. Bed was comfortable

Excellent value for the money.
    • Queen Room

Control of the temperature when using the air conditioner was a little hard to control.

The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The free breakfast was also very good. Overall, well worth the money.

The bed, bed linen, pillows and mattress comfort.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The claim of a 100% smoke free environment within the hotel was blatantly not met. The room smelled of stale cigarette smoke. On entering the second floor corridor from the access stairway on return one evening, there was a haze of fresh smoke indicating the lack of enforcement of the no smoking policy. The number of power sockets available was limited and all appliances were not able to remain plugged in. This meant moving furniture or appliances to accommodate services required. There was a buildup of dust on the "baseboard" tiles in the bathroom leading to one question the cleanliness of the rest of the room. Having experienced a recently renovated Comfort Inn in Montreal recently we were expecting similar standards again and were sorely disappointed.

The bed, bed linen, pillows and mattress comfort. The towel supply . The road noise from the 401 was lower than expected and acceptable.

Good value
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not a four star hotel, but that is not what I paid for. The staff were friendly and responsive. And the room was quiet. There were more extensive breakfast choices than in many hotel/motels in this price range.

Save your money. Do not book.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

This was my worst stay in a hotel ever! I came to my room and could see lots of filth and poor cleaning...my door handle, the bathroom sink, the toilet seat (gross- in the picture I had already cleaned it a bit but look at the center - yuck). The window was opened when I arrived. I shut it on my evening out and when I returned to my room in the evening there was a very bad smell in the room!! I hardly slept a wink. The sound barrier is horrible. I could hear doors opening all night- from 2am- 3am. Doors shutting, other guests talking in the hallway- I did not sleep well at all. Very annoying. In the morning I saw 2 police cars on the street by the hotel bus stop. The hotel was booked and I have no idea why those people were up at all hours of the night! The highway is also close and traffic can be heard at night. The cleaning room door was ALWAYS open every time I walked the hallway- showing all the laundry and machines...not very professional- looked really ghetto.

The only highlight of this hotel experience was the breakfast. Very nicely done! Good food, well prepared.

liked the two pillow types (soft & Firm) Beds were...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

When the motel has a lot of guest there should be an extra person to work in the breakfast room as it is very hard for the desk clerk to do both. People like to have tables wiped after each is use.

liked the two pillow types (soft & Firm) Beds were comfortable

The staff was friendly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The fact that it costs more if you want to stay on the first floor is rediculous. No where dies it tell you that when booking. If there is going to be an extra charge it should be relected upon booking. It was not easy to get up stairs as the outside door for access to the second floor did not work. I have bad knees and to take luggage up and down was harder. If I had known it was going to cost more for first floor I would have booked at a motel where I would have had ground floor access. I think it is rediculous that they charge more. I should not have to pay extra for that. I just do not understand the rational. I mean on the first floor you have someone above you so the possibility of more noise is greater.

The staff was friendly. The food was ok. There was extra supplies provided in the room.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

HSE audit recommended : Cleanliness is not a priority here.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cleanliness: Comfort inn should go through a major HSE audit. Every single comforter/duvet has blood stains. There blood stains on the pillows too. It clearly showed that the hotel does not properly do it's laundry, and doesn't care about health and cleanliness. No guest should have to go through this experience. Additionally, comfort inn says that it is a smoke free hotel. However, there was smoke smell in corridors and even in my non-smoking room. The smell was so bad that all my clothes started smelling like cigarettes.

Staff was great and friendly.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The carpet had stains on the it. There was tape on the ceiling. The window screen was ripped. The room was freezing. The comforters were stained of dirty. The duvet was stained as well as the sheets. I was hoping that this room would be as nice as the room I had in Windsor the night before.

The front desk receptions was pleasant and friendly

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

The staff was extra nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wish we were there in happier times.

The staff was extra nice.like to thank Chris-mice man Lorraine-Breakfast Attendent Karen-General Manager Most of all. Trista-Asst.Manager. She was the best in all she did.She kept me in lafter insted of tears.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Shower was filthy, had someone's 'hairs' and...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Shower was filthy, had someone's 'hairs' and fluff from the last visit. The room smelled sour. Breakfast bar ... positives- had a waffle machine and fruit. But the food in the gastronome was a mystery. Was it fried chicken, egg or a sausage patty? Won't ever know. Cheap stay. You get what you pay for.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Over priced

the manager Trista was rude had me crying on the Saturday morning day of my wedding.There was no hot water for tea in the breakfast room they said the hot water machine was broken as well they told me to go add water to the hot cerial pack and use the microwave in the room to heat up the food on the Sunday the 29th of January.The WiFi did not work in the upstairs rooms.One of our rooms had a bad smell when we first entered

Friendly and welcoming staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was a strong smell in the room. We had to sleep with the windows open (on New year's eve). The bathroom was dirty. Hair stuck on bathroom door; sink and faucet were dirty. I would recommend the use of clean wipe cloths to wipe the sink and faucets.

Friendly and welcoming staff. The bed and pillows were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Good place to stay in Cambridge.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The drinking water had an odd salty taste.

Room was clean. Bed was comfy. Hotel was easy to find. Breakfast was substantial and the apple cinnamon waffles were very tasty.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

A Place I'd Recommend
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Just those little "rubber eggs" An extra chair in the room would have been nice but I realize that with 2 dbl. beds there is no room.

The room was nice and clean and very quiet. We weren't fond of the reheated fried eggs at breakfast but there were plenty other choices including fresh fruit which was nice. The orange juice was wonderful(not tang) Cleanliness is most important and a room not smelling musty. We usually carry a rubber sink plug as this is often a problem that the sink plugs leak or are non-existant but we didn't need it this time.The attendants in the breakfast room were on top of tidying and refilling.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

It was clean, bed comfortable, bathroom had been updated.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The motel overall was old and tired. I was given a room at the back, a long way from the entrance. Doors that were supposed to give access at the back were locked so one couldn't get in from the outside and had to walk around the motel until finding an open door.

It was clean, bed comfortable, bathroom had been updated.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

The older woman at the front desk working when I checked in...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

The older woman at the front desk working when I checked in on Friday evening was very nice / accommodating and quick. Room was clean / beds comfy / washroom spotless. Saw no issues with my stay :) Very relaxing

Wouldn't stay here again.
    • Queen Room

The bed was small and hard, there were no personal products for us to use so we bought our own. Our room didn't get cleaned one day, we left the do not disturb sign on the rest of the time and just got clean towels form the housekeepers in the hall.With the time change we missed breakfast everyday.

NOT IMPRESSED
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No creamers or sugar, soap residue in bathtub. People drinking and smoking dope til 1 AM outside, below room, management did nothing even after complaining in person at 11:30 PM as no one would answer phone at desk. My daughter called and no one answered the phone either. Good hotel but poor night employees.

The TV worked. The day manager was sympathetic to problems the previous night.

Refreshing lemony water in the cooler.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Oldish..... Noisy. Hearing neighbors, making it hard to sleep. Broken toaster: so wait line behind the one that was functioning. Not enough hot water and water pressure low.

Refreshing lemony water in the cooler. Closeness to high way.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

Clean, comfortable and a very good value.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We don't drink coffee. A tea bag was supplied in the room but there was no way to boil water. Water boiled in a coffee make does NOT make a good cup of tea. A small kettle would have been welcome, or at least a ceramic mug that could be placed in the microwave would have been welcome.

The continental breakfast included a wide variety of choice. It was all we needed to start our day.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

An enjoyable, clean, friendly place to spend the night!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I can't think of anything that I didn't like.

I liked the updated more modern look of the room and lobby, I also really enjoyed being able to sit outside of our room on a lawn chair to enjoy a cup of coffee.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Not worth it!!!
    • Queen Room

We checked into this hotel paid right away where given our key cards for our room. We went to our room to find it dirty! The carpet had food on it as well as someone's bobby pin I then check the bed cause it is usually the first thing I do and the duvet as well as the throw blanket on top had what looked to be boogers and blood as well and dirty hand marks with food in the bed!!! I called the front desk and asked for a refund the lady was snoody about it but gave me a refund but -$10 I didn't notice till we where already gone I wonder if it's cause we entered the room

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

Travelrs quick stop for the night.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel room was very,very dirty. We are not picky but this was really gross. Broken beer bottle right outside the patio door. Dumped soda cans with sticky soda on the side walk where you walk to your car.

Proximity was close to the 401 HWY.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

So much for smoke free
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

Our daughter has asthma and was having a hard time with the poor air quality in the reception area upon arrival. Our room was even worse our daughter couldn't be in there more than 1 minute, it smelt like someone had just smoked in that room. When speaking back to the receptionist she gave me the keys to the last two rooms. One of which was about the same. And thankfully the third was manageable but only had one bed and one small pull out couch( which had dirty sheets from the previous people). So much for being a smoke free hotel. The workers would all take their breaks out side and smoke and the group of them would come back inside and you would get a big whif of cigarettes smoke .

That when asked they had clean sheets to replace the dirty bed sheets that clearly were not changed from the previous people.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

location was good but facilities were not great
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Upgrade the air con Refresh the rooms

Air con had no thermostat and was very noisy. Had to keep getting up to switch on and off. Room was not great. Breakfast was not great.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Good location, great bed, and good wi-fi
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hot breakfast, the egg patties and sausage patties, was just barely enough to be called a hot breakfast, but given that there was fruit, yogurt, muffins and pastry, and there was no charge, I cannot complain. The breakfast room could have been a little more inviting. The water pressure of the shower could have been better.

The room was good. The comfort of the beds and the pillows and the quality of the linens was a nice surprise. The wi-fi was good and the staff was quick to update rhe passwords.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Would definitely stay again
    • Queen Room

Tub in bathroom could use a some work and the AC unit needs a good cleaning.

Staff was very friendly. A decent but not spectacular breakfast was provided.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

staff was very nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The iron put dirt on my husbands shirt. The lady at the desk fix our problem by giving us a brand new iron. I was very happy with the service.

staff was very nice. Liked the atmosphere in the hotel. calm and homey. Close to everything we wanted to do.

Recommended!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

Lots of garbage on the outside from people staying on the property.

Staff were all super friendly and helpful. Great room. Comfortable bed.

We were very happy with this hotel and very kind and courtesy staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

The price could have been a little bit better since we went at a non peek time in the year. It just seemed very pricey for a one night stay.

Perfect. Comfortable, clean and convenient.

Everything was fine.

Everything was as expected. Comfortable, clean and convenient.

Bed very comfortable.

Bed very comfortable. Friendly staff

Close to amenities

Close to amenities

Horrible customer service!!!
    • Queen Room - Ground Floor

Front desk service was rude upon check out. Had to lodge a complaint with head office

Beds comfortable. Good location

Bed was comfortable

Old and dirty

Bed was comfortable

Not happy with the room
    • Queen Room

Pillows were terrible and we had to heat on good then it shut off through the night and wouldn’t turn on

We were exhausted and had a great sleep and great breakfast

Nothing great hotel

Friendly staff, clean hotel and great breakfast

Good value

Good staff, quiet.

It was everything I needed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff smoking just out side front door.

Better breakfast then most motels in this price range.

nice enough place for the price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I asked for an accessible room none available

Breakfast room was very hot.
    • Queen Room

Breakfast room was very hot. Food was unappetizing. Coffee was mediocre.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Smelled bad, didnt give us the room we reserved at first. Small space for breakfast. Staff smoking at the entrance of the hotel.

Great stay

The workers

Overall it was ok not as usual
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Coffee maker still had old pack in not clean pizza box still in fridge bathroom disorganized

Convience to the highway

Overall it was okay. I like clean carpets. I think they used a deodorizer to mask the smell.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The carpet was old and smelled

The bed and pillows were comfortable

Perfect hotel in Cambridge

No guest laundry facilities

The hotel has a great layout.

Great variety of breakfast!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great variety of breakfast!

A comfortable stay but Beware of the free breakfast
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The free breakfast offered left my stomach upset

it was comfortable in what seemed to be a safe area

The room need be more clean!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room need be more clean!

Excellent comfortable clean Comfort Inn

Unfortunately no laundry

The property was tucked away off the main road. Loved having extensive grass area.

the room was very warm, and turning down the thermostat...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

the room was very warm, and turning down the thermostat didn't seem to help.

breakfast was excelent

next time need a 1st floor room have trouble with stair im minus a lung

breakfast was excelent

great stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast included in the price was great. Staff were very accommodating and friendly. Had a great stay. thank you

Location, Breakfast
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Noticeable odour of cigar smoke, noisy older AC

Location, Breakfast

Ok
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No room to go for a bigger group inside the hotel, beds are too small for two adults to sleep seperate

You need to look up at the cobwebs in the room

You need to look up at the cobwebs in the room

My stay was comfortable! Everything was great

The staff

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

the room was good, the staff excellent

the room was good, the staff excellent

Night staff excellent girl so helpful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

One of the day staff an older grey haired lady was snippy and rude.

Night staff excellent girl so helpful. Great location for pets.