Reviews of Comfort Inn Chilliwack 3 stars

45405 Luckakuck Way, V2R 3C7 Chilliwack, Canada

#8 of 13 hotels in Chilliwack

• Traditional King Room

in the description of the room - it stated that it was a king size bed and it wasn't - we were going to stay only one nite but decided to stay an extra nite and the housekeeping didn't clean our room - when we returned to the room - we went down to the desk to tell them - they gave us clean towels but said the housekeeping staff had gone home and no one was available to do the room- there should be standby staff for these emergencies - so we had to do it with no compensation !!!!!!!! - not acceptable and will affect my decision to stay here again

the breakfast was well maintained and "topped up" consistently - staff was very friendly

Nothing to dislike

The lady on the desk was so helpful and the room was very clean with all the amenities. Lots of great restaurants and stores around the area.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that the room that was booked did not have a fridge or microwave. I honestly think that it was listed when i booked the room as i only book rooms which have both. Hubby and son were not happy.

Liked that it was close to the event that we were attending.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The lasy at the front desk had processed the room payment onto my visa before we even got there, which is not how I wanted to pay. The beds aren’t quite big enough for two people

Friendly staff, clean rooms

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There were homemade cookies available in the lobby!!!!! Amazing!!! The staff members were extremely friendly and helpful. They treated you more like a friend than a customer. They were very thoughtful and considerate. The hotel was very clean, easy to find and it had that "country-side" peaceful quality while being located in the heart of the shopping area of Chilliwack. Excellent job of food preparation. Their scrambled eggs and sausages were delicious! I would definitely choose to stay at this hotel again.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Ground level rooms had sliding glass doors. I didn't feel the rooms were secure from the outside.

Very clean, nice facilities. I didn't expect a small sofa. Choice of soft pillows and firmer pillows. The room was very quiet. Tasty breakfast, though choice was limited. All the staff I talked to were friendly.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

In the wheelchair accessible bathroom, much too difficult to get into bath, so could not shower. Chair supplied, but how is a mobility challenged person supposed to get IT into the bath ?

Comfortable bed, heat if I wanted it, ability to charge cell phone etc. pace, cleanliness (excellent!) quietness, breakfast!

Breakfast on the weekends doesn't start until 7 am and I had to be out the door by then. Would be better if it started at 6 as it does on the weekdays. Also it snowed really hard, and we had to wade through a foot and a half to get to the car in the parking lot. Perhaps someone to shovel the sidewalk early that morning.

Recent renos provided a larger breakfast area and sleek new reception area. New hall flooring. Very quiet, even with being full of dogs for the local dog shows. Good hot fresh breakfast, comfortable bed.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The staff were exceptionally knowledgeable and helpful toward my needs. The place is lovely and clean, close to restaurants and shopping center all within walking distance.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No mini fridge made it difficult for left overs and store bought groceries. Room could do for a bit of an upgrade. Simple and good enough for one night.

Breakfast was excellent, large variety. Close proximity to various restaurants. Staff were friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Internet was poor. Very slow. This hotel is just beside the highway and there is no noise reducing wall, like in Austria or Europe.

The room was clean and good. Parking easy. Many shopping place are very near. Just next door there is a good restaurant.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our car was broken into in car park which was not the hotels fault but that was the only thing we did not like

Tea,coffee and hot chocolate available all day and night

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was our wedding night & upon checking in the attendant could have cared less.

The king size bed & house keeping found my opal ratings I had left in the bathroom

Noise from nearby highway, but it was bearable

After a long day driving from Clearwater on a hot day, we were glad to arrive at Chilliwack. Although the hotel was just a stop during our road trip we had a good night and breakfast to prepare us for our next daytrip to Seattle. Also very near Earls to have a good meal and near mall.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Because of a multiple vehicles accident that happened on the night of July 30 that blocked the highway from our camp site at Douglas Glove Provincial Camp Site to Comfort Inn at Chilliwack. We were unable to reach the hotel for the first night. I have called the Hotel twice in the evening and talked to the receptionist ( Selina )that we got stuck in the traffic. The room was booked for my 86 year old mother who has condition that she can not stay with us in the nearby camp site for our family camping trip. My mother ended up to sleep inside our van for the night, Needless to say, it is very uncomfortable for 86 year old lady. However, we make it to the hotel the next morning. Due to the unforeseeable circumstance that prevent us to reach to the hotel, I am requesting the BOOKING.COM to refund for the first night. I have already talked to the General Manager of the Comfort Inn ( Manfred Stenzel ), which he suggested that I should contact BOOKING.COM directly. I hope my request will be granted and looking forward to hear from your office. Regards, Peter Fok

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Over priced. Poor breakfast facilities for size of hotel ... good luck getting seating. Passed on breakfast. Room ceiling damaged with shoddy repair. No fridge or micro wave.

Needed easy one night stop. Comfortable beds. Clean room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was overcharged because they did not accept the rate Booking.com had got me! Simply they said they have a different rate in our computer!

Breakfast was good.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We were held up in Quesnel because of the hwy closures due to the Forrest Fires in B.C. We phoned the Hotel to notify them that we would not be able to get there on the 9th, we were finally able to drive to Prince George& across to the Yellowhead Hwy & down through Kamloops & the Coqihalla to Chilliwack. We stayed at Comfortt Inn overnight on July 14th but I think it will be the last time we will stay there. We were charged for the room on the 9th of July & then when we stayed there on the 14th we were charged $219.00. We have been staying at Comfort Inn for many years when travelling through & feel that we were not given any consideration for a situation that was beyond our control

The breakfast was great.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

In my room there were problems with black ants. I found ants on table and bed. Also our room was not cleaned. I ended up asking the front desk for clean towels and took our the garbage myself. The pillows were too soft, I woke up with neck pain.

Front desk area is big and clean, coffee and water available 24 hrs a day

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We were on the bottom floor so we did not have windows that could be left open and the air conditioner was loud. The website said that the rooms had opening windows and they did open, but ours was sliding glass doors so they had to be locked at night.

Breakfast was good. We liked the 24 hour coffee and tea. All of the staff were very nice and helpful.

Would love bigger bed

Great breakfast, comfortable and clean room, friendly staff: a perfect place to stay on your way on Trans-Canada Highway. We had a late afternoon flight to Vancouver and location was just perfect to stay overnights and continue our way to Banff.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Came back just before midnight and had to park around other side of building, and alone I was a little concerned.. had to walk around bushes/ trees on the sidewalk to get to front of building. There was a side entrance but did not know to get access card to work on door.

Nicely accomodating room with all the little things you need.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Loudness of air conditioner. Unfriendly front desk receptionist. Being told I had to preauthorize 50.00 on my Credit card for I incidentals which I had no intention of using. Stayed at many comfort inns before where I was never expected to do this before.

Breakfast was great!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Excellent breakfast staff, nice checkout lady in am. Girl at night was a bit haughty. Clean, nice rooms, but too close to the highway, very noisey, no elevator made it hard for elderly mom to get to her room

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Check inn times wrong on booking.com and info binders in rooms. It says 1pm, and staff said 3pm. They never received my booking from booking.com No elevator!! They are busy building one. Mattress low quality. Bathroom sink was dirty and toenail clippings found on carpet. TV system very outdated, had to move rooms after discovering there's no fridge or microwave in the room despite paying highest fee. Booking directly from Comfort Inn would have saved me $30.

Amazing breakfast!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bfast used plastic/paper plates cutley and cups. Very wasteful and bad for environment.

Staff were excellent. Very friendly and gave us tips on where to go in the local area.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

$25 charge at check-in for potential incidentals. Waiting for it to be cleared or refunded.

Breakfast was one of the best included breakfasts I have ever had. Waffles, pancakes, sausages, eggs, cereal, muffins and more. Super friendly and helpful staff.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The woman at the front desk was really friendly and helpful. We were traveling by bicycle and she had a secure overnight location for the bikes. The rooms were clean and spacious. When we didn't answer our wake up call (phone didn't ring), she came up and knocked on the door - thank goodness!

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

In our more than 20+years of traveling , This was the first time that we experienced the washroom getting locked when we came out of the washroom after use.Twice It happened within an hour, but the staff never expressed apology nor offered any alternate solution. As if calling the staff frequently for the reason that my washroom gets locked from inside was the new norm.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was more than acceptable and was a good value.

The room was comfortable and the bed/bedding very good. The fridge was missing and there was some construction taking place so the elevator wasn't operational. The location is quite close to the highway, so there was some road noise but not too disturbing. Breakfast was standard fare. Staff was friendly and helpful and the location was close to many amenities.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Even though the bath tubs have a rough texture, it was still slippery.....my wife almost sustained a serious fall while stepping into for a shower.....

No complaints at all about service / comfort / location ..... couldn't have been better !

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom (shower rod) needs help. Snow removal needs some work.

Great breakfast, but get there well before the end time. Beds very comfortable. Convenient location.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I had asked for main floor because I have trouble with stairs, they were able to accommodate us but the room had two double beds & we prefer one Queen bed. Other tthan that the room was comfortable.

The Belgian Waffles for breakfast were delicious.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not enough gluten free or vegan options for continental breakfast and no free water only juice or coffee to drink. I had to pay for water from a vending machine as I don't drink juice. A water jug at breakfast would be nice. No mini fridge in my room it had been removed.unable to keep personal food cold told I would have a fridge when reserving. Daytime Desk clerk seemed bothered/ frustrated that we had used booking.com for our reservation..when we checked in she was short worded and unfriendly she told us that due to booking with a third party site the hotel could not accommodate our requests without upgrading for an additional fee. Silverfish found in my bathroom..(gross) Hotel was under renovations

Housekeeping was very friendly and accommodating. Hotel was Close to all amenities

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

located a little too close to the highway, so there is some traffic noise(big trucks) that can be somewhat bothersome at night.

The breakfast was reasonably good,eating area much better now....

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The traffic noise was a bit of a problem but a trade off for location & easy to get to. Only one person on the desk can make a long wait if clerk is on the phone answering questions.

It was fairly easy to get to, friendly staff & great breakfast.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

When I asked if there would be any non-dairy milk options available on the continental breakfast I was told "oh no, we don't do that". Wow, seems like half the world is lactose intolerant now, so to not offer some kind of almond or soy milk really isn't going that extra mile. And we're vegan, so we couldn't even have a bowl of cereal. We just skipped on the breakfast.

It's easy to find

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We noticed on our last visit that the continental breakfast didn't offer any non-dairy alternatives. When we checked in this time we mentioned it and were told "Oh, no, we don't do that".......... no offer of a solution.....just end of conversation.....consequently, there wasn't much there for us to eat. We're vegan, so we could have had some cereal, but without the non-dairy milk options we couldn't. It wouldn't have taken any time at all for the staff to nip over to the Safeway and pick up some almond milk. (I'm in customer service....I would have done it!!) We will be staying somewhere else next time.

The location is close to the highway, so handy to get to.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

No complaints.

Good sized rooms. Clean. Not aware of traffic noise. Good location with several restaurants within walking distance. Excellent breakfast selection.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No elevator to second floor, so you have to haul your luggage up the stairs. Also, not enough seating in breakfast area.

Nice having breakfast thrown in - and it is more than a continental breakfast.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

curtains old and snagged. looked cheap compared to rest of room.

comfy and well-appointed room. clean bathroom. very good bed. great location. good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I ask for a ground floor room 2 months before we check in and they book us on the second floor when we got there, we did move to the ground floor and we had to pay more money ,on Saturday night I wanted to park my motor bike in front of my room and the young girl working at the desk race into the parking stall that I was going to park in ,it was hell

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Although I didn't get to spend a lot of time actually at the room the location to everything that I needed was excellent. The room was very comfortable and service very cordial. I would stay again when I wasn't working to take in the sights.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I really like the breakfast that is included - the food was excellent and anything emptied was refilled quickly. The breakfast is one of the main reasons we try to stay at the Comfort Inn. The room is comfortable and clean. Location for us was excellent. Overall great place to stay.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Building was under renovation and because of this, buffet breakfast was served from a bedroom. There was no dining area, you had to take the breakfast to your room to eat it.

A few local eateries along the highway gave a choice of places to eat.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Under construction, minor inconvenience however. Room showing age and assume this will be dealt with during the renovation.

Location and staff were excellent

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Undergoing renovations, breakfast was just adequate.

Location is great when travelling into the BC interior. Easy access to the freeway and close to several restaurants and a mall.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No water pressure for shower. Wanted a extra night stay but they were not accommodating. Had to find other hotel for extra night.

Clean and very comfortable

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff was not welcoming and the comforter on the bed was not comfortable. Had spiders in our room.

Good breakfast, fast wifi, close to restaurants ( which was convenient )

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No microwave or at least a fridge in our room...we were there for a week. Occasional staff a little curt. Under construction so hard to get a good impression of lobby etc.

Breakfast was very good. Cleaning staff very nice, polite and friendly. Room comfortable Close to mall and restaurants

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Good location, close to Highway 1 but not noisy despite this. Good breakfast, friendly staff. Lots of places to eat very close by

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was good. The room was very warm and the air conditioning unit was very very loud. So a warm night was had.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking/Ground Floor

Property was very noisy. A/C didn't work properly

Bed was a little too hard for me.

Location and very clean.

No elevator, not enough counter space in bathroom.

Good breakfast, new vanity in bathroom.

Nothing.My dog and I had

I really liked how pet friendly this hotel is and that there is lots of green spaces for my tiny dog.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Free breakfast was actually really good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast & beverage setup was good

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Would have loved a mini frig

Staff were a delight

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

Straightforward quick secure

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

being charged to my card wen i chose pay at hotel

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

Parking

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Noise of the highway and smell of the air in Chilliwack

Ease of access

No fridge

Friendly staffs - clean

Friendly staffs

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was great. Staff was very nice

Check in took too long.

Location and breakfast was good

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

did not like the pillows

excellent breakfast

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The heating system did not respond quickly.

Breakfast offered lots of choices.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Nice room and bathroom. Great breakfast.

Traffic noise

Convenient, good breakfast, comfortable bed

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was great!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

their was no tv ,they have cut back ,the signal that was their was analog in 2018?

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It's right beside the freeway, so it is a little bit noisy.

Beds are really comfy. Very Dog friendly.