Reviews of Comfort Inn Windsor 2 stars

2955 Dougall Avenue, N9E 1S1 Windsor, Canada

#10 of 29 hotels in Windsor

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Beds comfortable but too many pillows.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - High Floor

Beds comfortable but too many pillows. Could not control airconditioning, do not know the conversion of F to C. We are in Canada, why are we not using the metric system?

Stay overall was good.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor

Breakfast area was small and at the front door.

The room was very nice and the bed comfortable. However, it was a little strange hat the breakfast area was right at the front door. But I understand that this location is a little smaller than other Comfort Inn that I stayed in but overall the stay was very good.

Nice, clean room.
    • Queen Room

Nice, clean room. Comfortable bed, Keurig coffee maker in your room with nice selection of coffee. Breakfast selection ..... little bit of everything for everyone. Overall, nice, clean, stuff friendly hotel, would highly recommend.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Room and bed were comfortable
    • Queen Room

We had a room on the second floor - no elevator! When asked about a room on the main floor, I was told there was an extra charge for that!

Room and bed were comfortable

The staff was very friendly and I liked the fact you have to...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Top Floor

I didn’t like the fact they said they had a crib for my child but it was a playpen not a crib. It wasn’t very comfortable for my 20 month old. Which made my night very long. Also the king size bed was so firm and stiff.

The staff was very friendly and I liked the fact you have to use your key card to get into any other door beside the front made me feel safe . Loved the fact it was smoke-free hotel! Breakfast was yummy. Room was a great size for 3 adults and 2 children

It was clean enough to be comfortable. Comfortable enough to stay agin. But it wouldn’t be 1st pick
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - High Floor

Mediocre quality. I have seen same quality of decor and cleanliness at a hotel half the price in similar markets.

Close proximity to highway. Lots of nearby restaurants.

I was nice and comfortable and it was nice that there was a...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor

The people next door to us were very noisy banging doors and talking really loud in the hallway till 4:00am and nothing was done about it at all. Very annoying. We literally got no sleep

I was nice and comfortable and it was nice that there was a free breakfast.

I really enjoyed my stay, staff was super friendly, room was clean, parking was available great expe
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - High Floor

There was hair in my tub

You could add more waffle makers, and add more bathmats or better shower curtain. Also equip rooms with handheld shower heads to assist with bathing young children.

All in all very acceptable.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor

Parking. Spaces far too narrow. Chance of door dents and scratches very possible. Spaces similar to the parking lot at Costco would be ideal. Allow car doors to be opened better to facilitate loading and unloading luggage. Similar problem at The Comfort Inn in Cobourg, ON.

Miserable!!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - High Floor

We got here and were told the reservation was for yesterday. The reservation was made online and it changed the date to yesterday. So we are now charged 2 nights!!! We are senior. We can't afford this! We made this reservation because of bad weather and didnt want to have to drive back tonight. The guy at desk (Mike) said he would credit us for last night. Then said he couldnt that I would have to calling booking.com. I called and they said that the guy on desk here could refund us. Now he refuses. We have never ever had problems like this with a Comfort Inn or booking.com. Will never use either again!!! And parking lot hasnt bern plowed. We got stuck!!!

Ok.
    • Queen Room

Room location wasn’t something I was pleased with. Right across from the ice machine with neon lights coming in through the window. I couldn’t park my car to see where it is, which was a bummer.

I liked the microwave in the room.

Bogus
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor

Bogus pet charge. Staff calling our room because they spied on us through the cameras seeing we had a dog. Wasnt aware they charged extra for a pet. Of all the times I’ve stayed at pet friendly hotels, this was a first. Bogus money grab. Won’t be staying here again.

This is a standard, mid-range highway hotel. There were no problems, but nothing exceptional.
    • Queen Room

If you have limited mobility, make sure to get a first floor room, since there is no elevator.

The location was convenient to the 401 and to the Detroit tunnel.

Overall great
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - High Floor

I really like the afternoon Desk man...Michael. He was friendly, personable and accommodating. The younger girl there at 12 did her job but was not overly friendly. The choices at breakfast were delicious and plentiful.

Great hotel for comfort and value
    • Queen Room

Great budget-friendly hotel - clean and comfortable. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Our room was spacious enough and the bed was super comfortable... best night's sleep we've had in a long time. It was close to the 401 and it was close to the EC expressways to get around town. A cab ride to the WFCU centre was about $25 - the front desk called for us. If you take a cab, get the driver's number and approx return time as the cabs seemed sparse in the city.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor

Don't have a single thing to complain about. Maybe better coffee in the rooms...lol....

The beds were soooooooo comfortable. The morning complimentary breakfast was good. Staff was absolutely lovely. Had the ground floor so easy access to the vehicle was excellent. An overall good stay. Thanks P.S. Also was impressed that were four of each in the bathroom. Bath towels, hand and face cloths.

Good value.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - High Floor

I didnt like that you cant pay cash. Not everyone staying had a credit card. It caused confusion. For a small place it was kind of expensive compared to other places of that size.

It was very clean and in a very good location with lots of stuff in the area.

Got a whole lot less than what I paid for
    • Queen Room

The atttitude i got when showing up for breakfast,,,i was 10 min late i didnt know thw times, so no breakfast i was starved I think the price is crazy for no amenities very expensive break that means lady at desk in morning was short with me I feel to was rushed I wasn't there but for 9 hrs, had a problem with payment thru the net too Ugh

The man at front desk was very nice and the bbq area is really cool as well, clean

Parking breakfast room was ok.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - High Floor

Tub dirty, when asked for a garbage bag receptionist straight said I don't have one and did not offer to see what she could do to get one.

Parking breakfast room was ok. Temp could not be controlled well.

1.Condition of bath tub
    • Queen Room

1.Condition of bath tub 2. Bed wasn't fully made and tub wasn't cleaned between 2-3 night. This was the only time I gave them access as I didn't need it cleaned between the 1st and 2nd night.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Weekend confusion an delay
    • Queen Room

Was told after 1 hour of driving to location that a visa debit card could not be used an I needed a real visa ... an it is one bit was sent packing an had to re look for a room . This was very rude of the manager an worker that looked like they were having a good laugh at us . Not impressed with the windsor location, I will stick with Leamington location for now on with your company as they will work with me

Easy to book online

Comfortable and affordable.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor

The only thing that we didn't like was the strong perfume smell in the room when we arrived. It was as if they were trying to mask a smoke odor once we opened the door to allow the. Cool air in it was fine.

Comfortable and affordable. Staff were great and helpful.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Bathroom needs some renovations as the tub was filthy black.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - High Floor

Bathroom needs some renovations as the tub was filthy black. The fan in the bathroom was noisy, needs to be looked after. Tv needs to be a little bigger as it was hard to watch it from bed as it was too small. Otherwise is a great room.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Worse stay in a hotel ever due to noise and I am 56. I have stayed in many hotels.
    • King Suite - High Floor

Noise!! Two nights in a row the noise from other guests was ridiculous! First night from 3:30am to 5:30am the second night from 5am to 7am. It was so bad it sounded like they were trashing their room. This hotel should have some kind of security walking the halls watching and listening for this awful behavior.

They lost our confirmation but did make up for it with an upgrade.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Construction zone front entrance
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - High Floor

The front entrance on the first floor were we stayed was under construction. Some of the rooms our were dusty. No place to sit for breakfast, it had to be take back to your room. Our first night not all of the teammate had arrived so 4 out of the five rooms only have two per room extra cost for people that didn't need to be there till Friday. Again on the Sunday night only two were left in the one room to pay full price for four people. As nothing was stated that we would be charged extra per person. That's almost $100 extra, I would have placed 4 people per room and canceled a room and saved even more $159.00. It would be nice to have this money refunded back to the team. The money doesn't have to be in cash, a credit towards one night free for our next team event holiday stay through booking.com would make a group of ladies happy. As they feel paying full price for a construction zone was not right. One last thing, we have one of our ladies in a wheel chair, the front entrance was not wheeler chair accessible, the room were small. Just thank god she wasn't confined to her chair as she only has one leg and is able to get around well with out her chair. Sorry for the long letter Let's hope you can give back. Thanks

Staff were friendly and helpful through the four day stay with myself and 15 teammates. Our concern was we paid $159.00 per room and at the front desk they was a sign $109 per night which raised a lot of question. Staff handle it well. But why the extra cost per person?

4 days of hell at this hotel

I DIDN'T like that the manager of the hotel changed my 10 room booking WITHOUT me knowing ! I booked these rooms 6 months in advance and even got a phone call from the hotel 2 days before my arrival to verify my booking and they said "we gaurentee" your booking, but when we showed up the manager CHANGED all our rooms from 2 double beds to a KING bed .. which DIDNT accommodate our party AT ALL .. and the hotel didn't even tell me or give an explaination. Also - The night staff were VERY RUDE and ERROGANT ... we were all hanging out in one room, and the staff came up and kicked us out of the room - told us that we all had to go back to our own rooms that the booking said only 3 people in this room, and that everyone else had to get out or we were going to get kicked out of the hotel all together. We never once got our room cleaned or received any more clean towel and we were there for 3 nights/ 4 days.

the breakfest was delicious.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Met my needs and then some
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - High Floor

Renovating lobby but didn't mind its a necessary evil

Very good breakfast, lots of pillows on beds, good tv channels, coffee and lemon water available in lobby 24/7, staff helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Room was nice
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - High Floor

The hotel was under construction and that was not comfortable, we had stayed at this hotel December 28th and did not expect more construction. eating in your room is not comfortable.

Room was nice

Room was clean and comfortable.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - High Floor

Hot breakfast is terrible. Rubber eggs and bacon. Bathtub needs a new liner. Stayed 3 nights. Bed was sloppily made up during the day - covers were just thrown up.

Room was clean and comfortable. Staff at the front desk were super friendly.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

all and all it was ok but remobeling and breakfest was gross
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - High Floor

The breakfest was gross my cinnamon bun tasted frezer burn and old could tell it was frozen there was no where for us to enjoy our breakfest we had to go back to the room which i couldnt cos we was a earlier checkout and turn my key in so i had to sit in my truck to eat not to mention it was raining so by the time i ate my food it was soaked with rain water disnt know they was remodeling r i would of stayed somewaherr else

The bed was awesome the room was awesome

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Make a week away for work comfortable.
    • Queen Room

The internet was not up to par this time around . Many times there was no connection. Haven't experienced this at this location before -- might have been related to construction or weather? Not a deal breaker by any means.

Great central location to reach all areas of Essex County.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Overall it was a positive experience as always.
    • Queen Room

Although the hotel was under renovations the hotel operated smoothly with breakfast set up in a different area it was still excellent. Staff did a great job working around the Reno.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Was under renovations and had no where to eat breakfast and...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor

Was under renovations and had no where to eat breakfast and no lobby to sit in so we were confined to our room and had to eat cold breakfast in our bed by the time we carried it up. Staff were not very friendly. We were disappointed over all.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Comfortable but under construction
    • King Suite - High Floor

Quite a lot of construction dust on the ground floor. Reception under construction. No place to eat breakfast (you had to take it back to your room).

Breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Every thing is perfect.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - High Floor

Every thing is perfect.breakfast is amazing

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Clean, comfortable, staff was excellent at helping find and...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - High Floor

Clean, comfortable, staff was excellent at helping find and get to different places

2 day stay, no concerns or issues.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - High Floor

Stairs with no elevators.

Quiet hotel, central to basics - Wal-Mart, restaurants etc. Free breakfast.

Comfort Inn made my trip to Windsor enjoyable and comfortable.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - High Floor

Staff working there were helpful. Breakfast food quality was great. My room was tidy and comfortable.

It was a short trip but enjoyed the stay will stay at this hotel again.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Top Floor

Rooms should be cleaned every day

Friendly staff. Cleanliness. Location

A nice surprise
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Top Floor

Everything was new and clean. Bed was comfortable. Quiet room. Exceeded my expectations. Enjoyed the continental breakfast. Would stay again.

I would stay there again.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor

The pillows were just how I like them. The breakfast had a variety of food which was great. Every thing was great.

The man who checked us in made every effort to help us get...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor

The bedding smelled like bleach

The man who checked us in made every effort to help us get settled. He was very thoughtful.

The look and the smell of the rook
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - High Floor

One of the beds was squeaking and the back door was loud.

The look and the smell of the rook

Staff were very helpful.

Staff were very helpful.

Very good
    • Queen Room

Front desk guy was very helpful and , good natured. The bed was very comfortable

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - High Floor

A little far from downtown Late check out should be offered

Our stay was good.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - High Floor

The room was clean, breakfast good,

breakfast was more than i expected, more than just toast and...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - High Floor

breakfast was more than i expected, more than just toast and muffins.

Clean and convenient

The staff were so polite and the rooms very clean

The staff were so polite and the rooms very clean

Wonderful
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Ground Floor

Room / bathroom very clean !

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Ground Floor

Plows had not done the parking lot. Sheets really wrinkle.

Always stay here for business travel.
    • Queen Room

Great location for business purposes within Windsor area

Very good hotel!

Great service!

Pleasant. Felt very welcome. Needed directions to different places people were very helpful.
    • Queen Room

Size of room. Bed was great.

New Years

Parking was a challenge to get into via 401

Close to venue and restaurants

Room was a little cold, I couldn't warm it up.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - High Floor

Room was a little cold, I couldn't warm it up.

Good stay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - High Floor

Comfortable, clean and staff friendly

As expected for the money

No complaints

Clean simple rooms and very nice breakfast

Need more Kleenex in bath room

Need more Kleenex in bath room

More of a roadside motel than something that should be $125/night
    • Queen Room

No elevator; dated decor, small beds; unenthusiastic staff

Clean property

Just ok
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - High Floor

bath was chipped and dirty, water didn't drain in sink, walls dirty.

location was convenient

Comfortable.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - High Floor

Bathtub needs to be refinished.

Clean, tidy, friendly staff.

The front desk clerk was very friendly

Didn't have a pool

The front desk clerk was very friendly

Comfortable but dirty.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - High Floor

Mold in bathroom. A/C controls very dirty. Bathroom tap dripped.

Bed was very comfortable.

The beginning was rocky but our problems were solved quickly
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - High Floor

House keeping just barging in our room

It was clean, pillows were great, Coffee maker was the best!
    • Queen Room

There seemed to be an odour in the room. Maybe old smoke ???

It was clean, pillows were great, Coffee maker was the best!!

The hotel was clean and the staff were friendly and...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor

The walls were thin and I could clearly hear the people in the next room talking.

The hotel was clean and the staff were friendly and accommodating.

Was good place and my family was happy thanks

Nothing everything was good

Was nice hotel and good staff

Great value clean and convenient
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor

Room has odour of old smoke when we first arrived

Great customer service. Free hot breakfast

Comfort

Great staff. Nice place

Nice for 1 night

No lobby bathroom

Close to all amenities

Excellent locaation. Next to the expressway allowed me to get where ever I wanted to go very quick
    • Queen Room

The door to the room could have fit better. Too much light and noise came thru.

The food was soso. The room was excellent.