Reviews of Comfort Inn East Sudbury 3 stars

440 Second Avenue North, P3B 4A4 Sudbury, Canada

#15 of 31 hotels in Sudbury

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Too many stairs to climb. No public washroom on main floor. I specifically asked for a room on the first floor and only chose that hotel for that reason. Next time I will stay at a cheaper motel with an excellent hot breakfast (le Chateau Guay) or at the hotel across the road that has an elevator.

The young man on check in tried to correct the floor assignment but could not.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Bed is too hard; pillows are too small; toilet paper dispenser in wrong place; too expensive for 1 night and location right behind reception and across from ice machine.

Friendly staff, lemon water,

Price was not conducive to room and breakfast. Was disappointing. Staff more concerned filling oranges and apples than tending to empty warm foods. No bacon, no omelettes available and waited 20 minutes to be filled- only to have them still partially frozen and ice cold. Ew!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The reception staff (afternoon and night) were not aware of the fare by the Airport Taxi Service which I required. The fare came to $50.00 plus tip. Had I known the fare was so dear I would have made other arrangements. Is there no way a company the size of Comfort Inns across Canada can either absorb this expense or a % of it as a courtesy to their guests?

Beds were very comfortable and all very clean.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Requested ground floor room due to mobility problem. Confirmation email included this request but did not get one. I have stayed here many times with satisfaction but was very annoyed this time. Next time I will get a ground floor guarantee or book elsewhere.

clean and up to date

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The drain in our shower was clogged so when we would shower the tub filled up with the dirty water. Took about an hour after for it to finally slowly drain.

The beds were so comfortable, the breakfast was amazing, rooms were clean.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I found the room to be rather chilly and was unable to find a blanket. I couldn’t find a control to raise the heat. By the time I returned to my room was very late and I didn’t want to bother anyone

The bed was really comfortable. Breakfast was good . Hotel was very clean. I got there late (after 10 pm) and the night desk man checked an his computer to find me a restaurant that I could walk to. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Front desk had a very poor attitude. Got put in wrong room .booked 2 double beds for 3 adults ended up in a room with 1 double bed and a couch for 3rd person to sleep on.he said thats what we ordered and he could not change our room .i showed him my email confirmation he said no rooms ready till later that evening .that didnt work for us as we were there to attend a weeding and would not be returning till late that night so had to keep the room we had .not impressed

Very clean comfy would definatly stay again .

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

Nothing! Everything was perfect for us.

We stayed in a 2 bed, ground floor room. It was clean, nicely decorated and very comfortable for us. But I feel it would be small for 4 people. The room size felt a bit tight.

• Queen Room - Ground Floor

Room smelled like gasoline. No shower curtain and no answer at front desk when I called to get one. And listen, if you're going to offer breakfast included but not have it ready until 7:20am, then it's time to call the joke off.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Clean, although I'm not sure when the cleaners come by. One day I was gone all afternoon, one in the morning, and it wasn't cleaned either day. No amenities but the hotel was quiet and comfortable.

Don’t care for the sausages...and prefer scrambled eggs as a main.

I personally enjoy cereal, yogurt and toast, coffee. Be nice to see bananas and apples/oranges.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

An elevator in the building would have been a nice touch, instead of having to lug the suitcases up a flight of stairs.

The property was well located in order to continue our journey.

It's getting a little run down, washroom door black and dirty, bathroom floor tub area looking beat up. I have stayed there for work since it was built over many years, time for a reno. The back stairwell smelled of urine - very strongly.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Perhaps the most annoying item was the evening desk clerk advising that an additional hold of $50 was to be placed on my credit card to assure that we did not damage anything during our over night stay. He said it was a new company policy due to a rise in hotel abuse. It was to be removed upon check-out and was. The desk lamp did not work. There was an unidentified bag of what looked like soiled linen outside the door. The front desk clerk did remove the bag upon request. There were no cups for coffee or for other drinks. The rug did not appear to have been cleaned. All in all housekeeping needs improvement.

The bed was comfortable. Breakfast offered a number of choices and was plentiful. The AM desk clerk was helpful with directions.

slow draining sink

Beds were very comfortable and they gave you four pillows for softness option. Rooms and bathrooms were very clean. Tub and shower area was great. Breakfast was very good. Staff was very helpful. Close to shopping and restaurants.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

Breakfast was very busy. Had to sit on couch in lobby. Worker had difficulty keeping up with replenishing breakfast items.

Very comfortable bed. 2 waffle irons.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I have stayed here a few times but there is an odor in the stairwells that smells. We find the smell terrible instead of pleasant if that is what you are trying to achieve. But the rooms are always clean and staff friendly.

I didn't like the large bugs in my bed, the sheets had feces on them, and the staff was unapologetic and unmotivated to fix it. I was promised a phone call from the manager when she was In, and this still has not happened.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Was told are room where ready at check in time for 3:00 , got to the room and it wasn't ready. Had to wait a hour before we could get into are rooms. Room where clean very good. Still lots of dirt on the rug. One room the sink plug was broken.

The bed are very comfortable.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was great. Helpful staff, comfortable room, great breakfast to start the day. We ended up getting into Sudbury around 2 and we're able to get into our room right away.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything met our expectations with one exception: there was no elevator.

Free breakfast was good, room was clean and comfortable, hotel common areas were clean and staff was friendly.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room we were in had the air conditioner from the ceiling as it was over the rooftop of the entrance which made us uncomfortable. I would not recommend someone sleeping in the bed under the air conditioner. Beds are semi comfortable.

Walls are sound proof. Service is excellent and staff is very friendly.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

We were satisfy with all the services.

The breakfast was excellent.Good food.The hottest at the breakfast was really helpful. Sunday afternoon,the 21 at 4p.m.the receptionist was very very good in welcoming us for the last night.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

The breackfast qualiti was terible. Furthermore in the small breackfast area had smaly. The air conditional systwm was really loud in the room.

The room was good and clean. The bed also was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Booking.com did not provide the option of traveling with a dog. When I arrived at the Comfort Inn all rooms intended for pets were allocated. Perhaps the booking website should be modified to include this option. The breakfast was good but the selection limited. Would like to have coffee in a regular (non plastic) mug.

The location was excellent and the bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Breakfast was supposed to be served until 10. At 9:20 am, there was no more hot breakfast and no inclination to make more; no more yogurt, minimal coffee cream. Bread tray was near empty, but they filled it up again.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom small toilet not properly cleaned. Breakfast not available not even fruit or muffins as we had to leave for airport to catch an early flight.

location was ok.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

Breakfast was a bust there was basketball team tying there and you couldn't get in the breakfast area for the length of the breakfast Would of liked the staff to offer to get some food

Nice clean rooms, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Queen Room - Ground Floor

Very spare decor;A/C wasn't strong and the room was stuffy and smelled stale. I asked and was given some room freshener For 20$more could haven stayed across the road at a Marriott that was much nicer. Will do that next time!

Sliding door to outside close to parking lot helped my handicapped spouse. Very convenient location

Wifi not working first day/night but a tech was called in & 24 hrs later was fine. We stayed weekend, second morning no coffee cups, coffee maker not cleaned out, I used facecloth and cleaning staff took it but did not leave replacement, no replacement for shampoo/conditioner. Of 4 couples, only one had room cleaned properly :( I would suggest retraining of cleaning staff. Breakfast was very good but the poor staff lady was run off her feet, maybe she could use some help.

Staff very friendly, facility suited our needs, and it was nice to be able to walk out for dinner. When we approached reception staff about their shortcomings she was more than happy and pleasant to try to make us happy. She herself brought the supplies that were missing.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Wifi down. No complimentary breakfast available on the Saturday before 7:00 a.m. which was just bad luck for us. Most days open at 6:00 a.m.

Nice lady on front desk. Very busy.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

worst hotel experience of my life. Bilkers parting in hotel until 3am. rock hard beds. breakfast provided but everything empty and not enough places to sit. Will never stay here again.

it's location

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Staff were courteous even after I (mistakenly) questined the bill. Easy to find. Link to Highway east simple. It was a good ordinary hotel/motel with plenty of shopping nearby but spread out - not a mall. Once I arrived I found Sudbury centre too far to travel back in to. Photos: Comfort Inn (left) and typical Sudbury skyline on arrival from west (right)

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

In the morning some stuff cutting time and being selfish on breakfast. When it's not time yet and when ppl eating the lady started to take all away. And when ppl told her it's only 8:45 she said "oh u still eating ? U hungry. ? Hell yes, we r !! Plus becourse of some smell in room of my perfume or as she said -smoke! And it wasn't. Door was open and no 1 smoked. But cleaning lady only broght sheets and said she won't change bad ,I must do it myself

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Unpleasant staff fighting amongst each other Garbage bags in the stairwell The fact that booking.com overbooked at the hotel I wanted to stay at and I was stuck with this one

Free breakfast

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was arguing while I was checking in. garbage in hallway. Breakfast was running out of everthing not stocked properly.overpaid for room.Service on check in was horrible. Need a more presentable staff at front, also did not see manager on duty to address my concerns.

Room was clean

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast times too short. It was complete chaos. Too many people for the size of room. Room smelt like cigarettes in a non smoking environment.

Location. Beds where clean.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Queen Room - Ground Floor

Grass should have been cut. My small dogs had to walk in long grass and it was wet from the rain. Desk clerk changed our room four times before check in. Rooms were not clean and not ready for new customers. This was at 9pm so they should have all been cleaned. Clerk was not very knowledgable. She told us on the first room to come back to her if there was another person in the room. The key card did not work well. There was hair in the bath tub. I started to run out of hot water at 7am. Breakfast was so so. Not very exciting.

The bed was very comfortable. Pet friendly hotel.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Queen Room - Ground Floor

The room had a smell to it, smelled like stale smoke? Not sure what it was but it was noticeable every time we entered.

The bed and pillows were very comfortable, slept like a baby. The hot breakfast was delicious!! We liked the location, it was near most of the places we had to go to.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The view from the balcony. You can’t see the temperature on the thermostat. And you have to pay a large sum of deposit in advance.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

One bed was noisy with every turn and twist.

Need better pillows

Dirty Towels not taken day 1

Late check out accommodations. Nice front desk staff

Nothing everything was great

Good breakfast, friendly staff, easy check inn

• Queen Room - Ground Floor

Hall smelled of sewage, patio door to room was unlocked when I arrived. Was not very, we decided to check out after 20 mins...

Pricing always high in Sudbury compared to say North Bay

It was a typical Comfort Inn .

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Confusion confirming booking front desk was not pleasant

Beds comfy breakfasts good

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

perfect location for shopping and food!

Near downtown

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Close to shopping outlets and costco.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast wasn’t great, but ok for free lol

Cleaning

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Toilet takes way too long to flush

The water tap

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It's smell like somebody was smoking drugs on are floor.

The staff was good.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The weather and driving and driving in the rain.

Courtesy of the Desk clerk on arrival, even though I was late upon arriving.

There's really nothing I didn't like

The staff was excellent Loved the bed Breakfast was awesome

One bed squeaked

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room was a little small

The coffee was awesome

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

Desk staff were amazing and helpful as Booking.com over booked the room

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Beds to short Bathroom done wouldn't close

Ran out of hot food ( bacon and cheese om let) by 8.30am

Bed and pillows were great

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

No way to do better that I can recall.

The room was nice and staff friendly.

• Queen Room - Ground Floor

Staff were not ready at breakfast. It was holiday weekend.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Construction on the road but the hotel can't control that

Cleanliness and comfortable bed

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was poor. The eggs were cold. The coffee was not up to your usual excellence.

The bed was excellent.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Dirty,smelly rug and very uncomfortable beds !!!!!!

Parking, room size staff

I didn't like the pillows.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

More fruit for breakfast, please.

Great location as soon as you enter Sudbury.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Stairs. The sweet gal at the desk helped us with our bags

Very inviting, clean and presentable

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Big room, clean, near from commodities

No elevator. Small beds.

Good breakfast.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Walking upstairs to my room.

Staff are consistently friendly!

The view

The rooms were very clean and the location

more channels on t.v.

the bed was very comfy, there was no croissant