Reviews of Comfort Inn Edmonton West 3 stars

17610 100th Avenue Northwest, T5S 1S9 Edmonton, Canada

#78 of 102 hotels in Edmonton

• Standard Queen Room

For a pet friendly hotel they have too much carpet everywhere! Thank God my dogs didnt have an accident and we always carry training pads but having rooms with tile or linoleum floors might be better for pets.

The room was very nice and spacious. Easy access from the parking lot to our room came very handy when you have 3 dogs.

• Standard Queen Room

bed sheets was not properly tuck in and arrange, ice bucket cover was dirty and was not clean and wash. bathroom exhaust fan noisy, used tissue roll was place almost gone. water pressure in shower slow.. hair lints on the top side of the shower.

Location, location location is excellent!! accessible to shopping center, gas, groceries. etc. friendly staff.. parking is good, room is nice.

It is very near to the west Edmonton mall. Location is good . Room is clean and bed is comfortable. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Will be back again!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The mini-fridge wasn’t plugged in when we arrived. That’s all.

The location was convenient and close to West Edmonton Mall. It is also close to other shopping and restaurants. Everything was what I expected from a standard hotel. Comfy beds and pillows, it’s clean and the shower had hot water and good water pressure. Housekeeping was good too.

• Standard Queen Room

An exercise room would have been nice. No elevator for 2nd floor rooms.

Great value, easy access to West Edmonton Mall and downtown. Staff were very courteous and efficient. Quiet facility!

• Standard Queen Room

The bed was terribly uncomfortable. The walls were paper thin and we could hear the couple next door talking all night long. We had cleaning staff trying to enter the room at 8:30 am our first morning of the two-night stay. We put a do not disturb sign on the door the night before I suppose they didn't see it? Check out time was noon but they were knocking on the door again at 10:00 am the next morning, we felt rushed out of the room. When we checked out the girl told us they would be sending a survey to my email address and "please give us a rating of 10" she said it to everyone. I thought that was a little much but maybe that's just me.

I liked that it was close to West Edmonton Mall and plenty of restaurants.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our room faced the parking lot and people would walk by and peer into our rooms. We found a bit of garbage underneath the beds and the fridge kept moving out of place every time we'd try to open the door.

The beds were comfortable, bathroom was clean and the AC worked. We also liked that Albert's restaurant was attached to the hotel.

• Standard Queen Room

The heater in my room was manually controlled with no temperature settings by degree, which made it difficult to set to a temperature that would be comfortable all night. Check in and out was okay, but isn't as simple as, say, Holiday Inn Express. The adjoined restaurant is in line with the hotel - nothing special, ok food, and quick service, but the prices are a bit high.

The rooms are basic, but they are clean. The bed was quite comfortable and the shower hot - basically the most important things were as they should be.

• Standard King Room

Really for the price there is not much to complain about, maybe better pillows or larger vanity in bathroom.

It was great quality. Quiet, patio doors on bottom floor made it easy access to vehicle. Room was clean. Check in and out was quick.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

As part of my genius benefits I thought I can request for an early and late check out. But instead I have to pay for an extra charge for it. You have a false advertisement. It’s so frustrating

Very accessible

• Standard Queen Room

Had to park at the back and couldn't see my car.

Nice room for the low price. View of the front entrance so I could see my friend arriving to pick me up. Good amenities in the room. I used the hairdryer, coffee maker, fridge, TV and microwave.

• Standard Queen Room

The carpets Color which also seemed dirty

It is on a oneway street ,not being from this city added a little difficulty all in all it was a pleasant experience..

• Standard Queen Room

The non smoking room on the first floor smelled like it was smoked in, but it was just the fact that the former occupant couldn't be bothered to smoke outside. Nothing wrong with the hotel

The convenience of having access to outside on the lower floor

Received room on 2nd floor on a corner. Had an exit to outside right next to the room, but access to entrance from outside did not work. Extremely inconvenient as we had 2 rooms and lots of luggage.

Excellent friendly staff, clean room and washroom. Great location. Good value for money.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor/Non-Smoking

The extremely loud people in the next room should have been removed after keeping me and my girlfriend awake from 10 pm till 8am screaming and partying. Was rather disappointed in the way it was taken care of after we went to the front desk to complaine about the extreme noise, it made for a very tired day with our kids trying to keep up with them at the west ed mall after not getting any sleep..

It was clean and well maintained

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The unprofessionalism from the front desk staff, wanting to get it over with, before her shift was over, lol, she meant our payment with our credit card. She obviously did not effectively communicate with her co-staff, because she already told us rooms are available on Thursday, however, NOT on FRIDAY. She calls our room stating that we have to come register for our room and that she would have to change the rate. NO, No, No, I said to her, I will come up to the front desk. Meanwhile, I booked online and got a better rate. So when I arrived to the front desk her attitude change, because she says, "oh I see you have a room booked, for today, (THURSDAY)", I said YES, paid with my credit card and returned to my room. I did mention to her that she needs to be more helpful with customers as they do not want to pay more, help with online bookings.

Loved the hotel experience, as we teach our daughter what an amazing time one can have, without allowing bad staff to make it bad. I was glad my girl did not see the not so professionalism from the front desk worker. However despite her, we decided to stay one more day, because we booked it online to safe money. LOVE, Love comfort inn.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bed was VERY uncomfortable, room was squishy as they stuffed too much in there.

Big bathroom, nice big sliding door to the outside with lots of natural light

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I didn't like how the bathroom door always made a scraping or screeching noise every time we closed or opened it. It felt cramped and colours were a bit outdated. The ambience of the room was a bit heavy that my son couldn't sleep very well. Also, the staff weren't overly informative in what the hotel offered for service especially for families with children. There was an Albert's restaurant on site that offered room service, however it was closed when we checked in at 4pm so it was inconvenient that we had to leave the hotel in search of supper.

I liked how amenities were of walking distance like a gas station, McDonald's, WEM, Canadian superstore, etc. They had an Albert' s Restaurant on site which offered room service. The room was tidy and clean.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only thing I can comment on is that when we first came in the tissue roll in our bathroom is already almost finished, though there is a spare one ready. This is the first time I have checked in that the tissue roll is like that. But like I said, it's just something uncommon that I noticed

Check in was fast, we didn't have to wait for our rooms to be ready ( we came in at exact 4pm, their check in time). The price is just right for the size of the room. not spacious not crowded. Got enough room stuff like microwave, coffee maker and fridge. Wi fi can accommodate 3 gadgets all at the same time with occasional log down. They also got an accessible laundry area with vendo machines that sells one time use detergents and dryer sheets. They also got express check out which is good.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The front desk knocking your door and tellin you guest called and requesting us to lower our voice , twas only 9 PM and we were not loud , Im with 2 senior citizens , how can we be so loud .

They clean your room , perfectly .

• Standard Queen Room - Ground Floor

Unfortunately the pillows were a little to soft for what we were used to but we were given the heads up when we requested extra but after they've been used so much thats to be expected. Aside from that it was all fantastic.

Great location to where we needed to be for appointments and easy to let our dog out to do her buisness without having to go out with her

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Long check in. Booked at least a couple days ahead with time and requests, none were met. Room was not ready, housekeeper came into the room unannounced, walked in on me. Place needs an elevator even if it's only two levels for guests with heavy luggage. Last hotel that I stayed in had only two levels too but had an elevator. Poor housekeeping lady carried my heavy luggage down the stairs on her own. Said she was strong, but I'm sure it must have been very heavy for her. Inn needs automatic doors for the same reason too. Needs some kind of outside garbage and recycling bin for guests as there was many guests leaving their garbage and recycling outside their room in the evening. Made the Inn hall look really dirty. Need to ban solicitors on the weekend, didn't like getting restaurant menus from three different restaurants everyday from Friday to Monday. Flyers were all over the place in the hall all weekend.

Free coffee, tea, water and some times hot chocolate at the lobby. A separate hot water dispenser for your tea or hot chocolate so your tea or hot chocolate doesn't taste like coffee like it does in the room. House keeping was very kind to always clean my room at the last minute as I was on holiday and liked to sleep in a lot. Room was cleaned really well, especially the bath tub as last hotel I stayed in, the bath tub looked clean but when I took a bath, the bath tub was dirty. Check out was really fast. Inn was close to a lot of restaurants and amenities. Close to West Edmonton Mall.

• Standard Queen Room

No conplimentary breakfast but there is restaurant attached to the hotel so that is one good thing about the hotel. Limited Shuttle availability.

If you like there are shopping stores that are nearby stores and major franchises eg MacDonalds, Home Depot, KFC, Pizza Hut, and so on. These are walking distance away from the hotel.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

As we checked in on a very cold day. The heat wasnt on in the room. It was really cold in there and i got caught eith cold that i am still struggling with.

The staff and everything else was perfect.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Drive-Up

The room smelled like mold. Very uncomfortable beds. Paper thin walls, dags barking all night from room next to us. It was not like the pictures at all, it’s very run doen and definitely not worth the money.

The location was good

• Standard Queen Room

The hallway was too loud. Young kids running up and down late at night. The toilet pressure was not that great.

The bed was perfect and I was happy how comfortable and high it was.

• Standard Queen Room - Ground Floor

Dirty furniture, worst coffee I’ve ever tasted, no cream for coffee. Water all over the floor in coffee area which nobody cleaned up for hours. From the outside of the building it looks like a run down crack house. Staff did not provide wifi code. Loud traffic noise due to location and the fact the build is old and run down.

Bed was comfy

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was extremely noisy, the shower wasn't cleaned out (there were little hairs all over the tub), the shower head is horrible, the room was stuffy and smelled bad.

The pillows are comfortable.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor/Non-Smoking

Needs to be upgraded, better coffee makers in the room like kurig so we can bring our own coffee pods, to me a good cup of coffee in the morning is a good way to start my day.

The price and location

• Standard King Room

Beds were pretty solid. Paper thin walls but that was to be expected for a hundred bucks a night. Kept getting random flyers under the door at all hours of the day. Both woke up pretty sore the second morning

The choice to connect devices to the TV to be able to watch Netflix. Some rooms can, while others can't for some reason.

The staff were very accommodating, I had issues with payment. And they totally understood, giving me a good amount is time to deal with it without the need to check out.

• Standard Queen Room

The bed was uncomfortable and small for me and my fiancé to share. We had our two cats with us it was 20$ a night per pet for 3 nights it cost more then a one night stay in the hotel to have a cats with us.

The location. The staff were friendly.

The bed and the safety.

The bed was about as comfortable as a concrete slab, the door beside our room to outside was broken and not locked so anyone could walk in. There was a used coffee filter in the coffee maker. The front desk didn't take people in the order they arrived so she didn't know to return my deposit which was confusing and infuriating.

• Standard Queen Room

Really slow Internet throughout stay, hope there arent more than two guests trying to stream a movie at the same time

Decent pillows, not too big and firm

• Standard Queen Room

We did not like the thought of there being pets in the motel. However, during our stay we did not see any. We both like dogs and cats but do not want to sleep in a bed where they have slept for obvious reasons!

We were concerned when we realized that this is a pet friendly motel and I did stress regarding that. The girls at the desk told us the only room that had not had pets in it was a king room costing more. We paid the increased price & we're very satisfied with the cleanliness .

• Standard Queen Room

Payed 100.00 deposit for my two tiny dogs and plus 20.00 each on top of that! Then they put us on the second floor when they had rooms on the first floor with sliding doors to access the outside ... not impressed.

• Standard Queen Room

No restaurant or bar, no elevator, but restaurants next door and abundantly through the neighbourhood.

Close to West Ed mall and where we needed to be, easy to get to off of Anthony Henday.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor/Non-Smoking

Just a basic hotel, no extra amenities.

Great location, lots of restaurants within walking distance. Close proximity to West ED Mall. Great for pets as the main floor had patio doors to the outside. Parking is great , right out side of patio doors.

• Standard Queen Room

You could hear every room door slam when people went in and out. It would be really helpful to have a hand rail to hold onto when getting in the tub/shower. A TV guide as to what's on or at least to know what station the guide is on. Unfortunately I am scent sensitive and the cleaning product or deodorizer that is used gave me an allergic reaction. The second night was better as we requested no cleaning in the room.

Cleanliness. The first person to greet us was super friendly. Waited for us to get into the room and called to see if it was ok. That was great and a bonus to Comfort Inn. Nice that they have coffee right when you come in to register. TV and comfortable place to sit.

• Standard Queen Room

I found the staff to be very welcoming, professional, and extremely helpful. Overall they were great. And, when I happened to start a casual conversation with the manager in the hallway regarding the city,I was there to settle my daughter into her 1st job far away from home, he spent time with me making sure I had all the information we needed. And even went so far as you make some calls for us. His kindness and generosity was amazing. The Comfort

• Standard Queen Room

I asked for a quiet room and I ended up getting a room at the front and all I heard was damn traffic

I really like being there but I'm going to have to rethink about next time because it's too noisy

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was not large. The big desk chair took up too much room. A smaller chair would be better to maximize walking space. Found out something new. Genius deal listed does not apply to all rooms (ie. I wanted a ground floor room but they have higher rates than the upper floors). I was able to pay a little extra and upgrade (if you could call it an upgrade).

Beds were extra comfy. Room was totally clean. Fairly close to a lot of things to do, places to eat, shopping, etc. Staff was great.

• Standard Queen Room

It would have been nice to have known that there is no elevator to the second floor. I had a heavy piece of luggage and it was difficult getting up and down the stairs. Also, would have been nice to have housekeeping replenish the sugar and creamer every day.

The front desk staff and the housekeeping staff are quite helpful and always willing to answer any questions that you might have. I really like that fact that if you want you can walk to West Edmonton Mall within 20 minutes. Also, there are other shops and restaurants all around the hotel.

• Standard Queen Room

I had trouble finding the hotel, there’s no signs on the building and there’s one little tiny sign, smaller than a garage sale sign, telling you it was the hotel

• Standard Queen Room

T.V wasn't working. couldn't surf through channels, had to go to menu and then pic channel. pretty much jus stayed on one channel the whole time

Beds are very comfy

• Standard Queen Room

my only complaint would be that the matrress was very stiff. way too firm for my liking.

very impressed with the Comfort Inn. especially for the rate that I was charged.

• Standard Queen Room

I was required to place a deposit down and pay for my stay at the beginning of the stay which was not expected. The confirmation upon booking stated that a valid credit card would be required on check-in (as is required by most places) but when I got there she explained that since I was paying for my stay by debit that I was required to also pay a $200 refundable deposit for "incidentals." I asked if I could just pay with credit card then and was told there was still a $100 deposit..I have never seen that before and even the policy hanging on the wall stated only a valid credit card was required upon check-in. ANYWAY my stay was uneventful and I did get my deposit back but still a very odd process. The hotel is good for the most basic of stays, if you just want a clean bed to sleep in for the lowest price.

The room seemed clean, lots of parking available, good location

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

One previously used towel left hanging on the back of the bathroom door wasn't very pleasant but did not take away from the cleanliness of the bathroom

Very comfortable room, temperature good, bed comfortable, bathroom clean, front desk staff very friendly

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The position of AC was straight on one of the beds. Couldnt let it on for long, as it was blowing straight into your face.

Good location close to WEM, staff was very friendly

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Only thing we didn't like was that no elevator. We had to use the stairs to go on second floor carrying all of our stuff.

We liked the room as it was spacious and clean. Also the hotel is close to all the accommodations.

• Standard Queen Room

The cleanliness was really bad. The towels and linens were all stained and the roomed smelled terrible. The bed was extremely uncomfortable for both me and my spouse.

The staff at the front desk were very friendly.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

My room wasn't cleaned for room service during the day and then house keeping came late in the day to see if she can do up the room. We however, were already back from our day. she did us towels though

walking distance to Mc.D's coffee and very comfy beds

• Standard Queen Room

Nothing relating to the Facilities, The layout of the city streets makes it a little difficult to get to if you are downtown but once you get the route organized it is fine. This is no fault of the hotel.

Very quiet location and has access to several of the popular change type restaurants. Good location to the nearest bus transfer station about 10 mins which accesses all of Edmonton transit services. Direct bus to Commonwealth Stadium for football games there from the transit Park and Ride.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Key card tend to reset sometimes. I've had to get my card reprogrammed at least once every stay.

good location for "the mall" restaurant in site, McDonald's and kfc nearby. across the road from Tim Hortons.

• Standard King Room

The ONLY pet friendly room they had was nothing like the rooms we previously had. The beds were hard as a rock, small, and extremely uncomfortable. The room had a 1/4 roll of toilet paper, no extra roll like there usually is on the back of the toilet. There is over half a dozen homeless people that LIVE right outside the room we were given, by the dumpsters, and they have a bunch of shopping carts filled with stuff and taking up the entire area where you are supposed to take your pet potty. We enjoyed our stays the last few times, but after this time we won't be booking there again. For $160, it was definitely NOT worth it.

Nothing!!!!

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I had the oly handicapped room. Then I discovered that the room phone didn't work My Cell also. They changed the phone but still no. Then they proposed a change of rooms. But there I couldn't shower from Sun, to checkout on Wed.(No grab bar to get in/out of the tub). The staff didn't vacuum and they only change sheets and towels every 3 days.It's not in a very safe area and needs a good renovation. When I asked for a financial consideration, first they offered me a breakfast voucher for the attached restaurant (as I was checking out to catch my plane back!) they gave me back $50. Not nearly enough for the discomfort, embarassment using their desk phone to call family and friends and the inability to get clean. So no phone to make arrangements for my 93 year old mother, and no showers. As I was sitting on the bed, a bug of some kind crawled over my leg.

The people were very nice as Canadians are but inefficient in operations

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room smelled like vomit and one of the pillows smelled like an ashtray. Hotel charged me more for the room because they had to put us on ground floor when booking.com reserved an upstairs room. Staff not very friendly.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking was tight for a truck however, there were enough parking spots. No elevator.

Staff was very friendly and accommodating! Room was decent for price I paid :)

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

It wasn't like the photos online at all. Very very old. It says breakfast included but I have no idea where they would even have room for that. The room was cold when we got there I tried turning up the heat and the old fashioned heater just pumped more cold air. The tub or sink leaked so I listened to that all night . Never again

• Standard Queen Room

They don't take pre-paid credit cards. I don't own a credit card. There is no gym or pool. There is no elevator.

The location and cleanliness as well as a nice big bathtub.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The rooms were small, there was no elevator which is hard with lots of bags and children. There was what appeared to be old blood stains splattered on the wall in the bathroom beside the toilet. I'm not sure exactly what it was but we did not like it. We will not be back and I have been asked many times if we would return and yes will return to Edmonton but NOT to this hotel.

The only good thing was how close it was to West Edmonton Mall

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I don't think they had our bookings registration. We put in the front of the hotel on a four lane one way street. Our room was also next to the exit door. Hardly slept all night.:(

The room was clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Standard Queen Room

Staff seems unexperienced, service level was low first answer was no we can't (book all nights on same bill) or we don't have that (laundry service). Instead of asking the customer how they can help.

Clean and tidy room close to a location I had to work. The staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Standard Queen Room

It wasn't what we expected. You get what you pay for, the advertised rate is the actual hotel rate. We wish we had of spent the extra money to stay somewhere a little nicer.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Was attending a funeral, asked for late checkout (noon) only to have the cleaning staff park their cart at our door at 10:30 am, received a phone call at 11 asking us to check out when we were still getting ready. Apparently the hotel clerk didn't "read the notes". It annoyed me immensely.

Location was great, shower was awesome.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Got called from the company at 10.30am saying I needed to provide them with a credit card numberto secure my space, before 4pm as they are fully booked. I explained that I had secured my booking with booking.com to which she replied that they don't receive that information and I need to give them the number if I want my room. Wasn't impressed with the tone or the attitude. Once my daughter arrived I informed them that I wanted to pay by card over the phone and they told me I couldn't as they needed a signature. Which is odd as I can go online and book it with my card but not over the phone

Got upgraded to a king size bed

• Standard Queen Room

The pullout bed had no sheets or blankets and there was only one extra pillow in the room. We couldn't find any blankets or anything anywhere in the room but it was very late by the time we went to bed so we didn't call for help

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The first room we got was actually quite dirty. There was an open half drinken water bottle sticking out from under the bed. The counter tops were covered in wqter stains and had visible dust on them. Having previously worked as a house keeper i know that if a room is unoccupied for a number of days you should go in and re dust, as well as buff out water stains. Also the bed was extremely hard and uncomfortable, and our bathroom door did not shut properly unless you adjusted it until it would latch.

The room was ok for the purpose of our trip. It was quiet, and close to our destination and a fair price.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had to switch rooms twice because it wasn't clean. We still ended up with a room with Stained sheets, comforters and bed skirts. We didn't use the coffee pot because of hair in the water reservoir. The bathroom was updated with a decent shower but the toilet was filthy.

Comfy Beds and friendly accommodating front desk staff

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

For me the location was not ideal, but my husband booked the room and apparently didn't receive the best information from someone. I needed to be at the airport at 4|:00am and it was a long expensive cab ride away. It was however close to Edmonton Mall so that was nice the evening before my flight. The room was clean and well stocked, but - the air freshener was overwhelming when we entered. Anyone with scent sensitivities could not have stayed there at all. Since I choose not to use artifical scents (frebreeze etc) in my personal life I was not pleased with having to breathe this all night.

The front desk staff was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Standard Queen Room

Loud young adults running from room to rooms yelling in hallways and partying both nights I stayed, who could relax and staff didn't care we complained. Room trashers to cops arriving. I will most certainly book elsewhere now!

nice rooms

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Standard Queen Room

I guess the fun in the bathroom wasn't working properly, so the whole room did have humidity smell, that was very unfortunately. Otherwise could be great.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Standard Queen Room

Initially given a room that hadn't been cleaned. Front desk clerk rectified it right away. Two storey hotel - no elevator.

The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean, the wifi was good.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was cramped with hardly any room to move around the room, Rug was frayed,

Location was great, restaurants were close by and close to the Mall. Guest laundry facilities was convenient. Staff were friendly, cooperative and helpful.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

• Standard Queen Room - Ground Floor

The room was very cold and the heater not very effective in warming up the room. It took 4-5 hours to reach a comfortable temperature.

Comfortable bed, Drive up access to room, fridge ansd microwave in room. Staff were great!