Reviews of Comfort Inn Edmundston 3 stars

5 Bateman Avenue, E3V 3L1 Edmundston, Canada

#8 of 11 hotels in Edmundston

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was old, beds lumpy, ground floor patio doors were old and difficult to close. Lobby smelt overwhelmingly of cheap air freshener and stale smoke.

The front desk agent seemed rather pissed off that I made a booing.com reservation, and proudly told me I could have gotten a better deal if I had walked in.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cannot say there was anything we did not like, had a very nice stay.

The hotel was very nice, close to the Highway as we were travelling, only stayed one night. Staff very friendly, liked idea of parking by sliding doors into our room, makes it easy to pack up when you are leaving.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

No elevator. Was difficult for my travel companion. If one has mobility issues, ask for ground floor accommodation when booking.

Front staff and dining nook staff were very friendly.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had to stay on the second floor. I did book through Booking.com and gathered the lower floor rooms were reserved for higher priced customers.

We had to leave before the breakfast was served. The night clerk allowed us to have breakfast with toast, cerial and coffee. That was very helpful.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The location is perfect for our travels to Quebec ... just off the highway and easy to get to. The staff, as always, were very friendly and always helpful. It's an older development but has been updated in recent years ... always clean and comfy. The breakfast is really the only thing lacking ... could use a little more 'oomph' ! Thanks for everything, once again.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I did not realize if you were staying there,because family member was he hospital, a discount was available. This should be something a desk clerk asks a person .

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The sheets on both beds in the room were dirty and breakfast was only served until 9 am not allowing one to sleep in a bit later after being on the road for 12 hours

Overall, well maintained property.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast had only a couple of main items, Eggs and bacon. In addition to the cereals. No Cheese or fried potatoes. No salad (no tomatoes or cucumber). No olives. The breakfast was very disappointing. The coffee machine in the room was not working or may be I could not make it work (Mostly the first).

Beds are clean and very comfortable. Pillows are great. The room was large and spacy.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cleaner bathroom ( tub had hair in it) and towels although looked clean but could use newer towels. When complained to staff about bathtub we (my daughter-in-law and I) were told we should have complained and would have been given another room. However at midnight for us, moving was not an option! We were made to feel our complaint was basically our fault for not informing the night manager.

Wifi was excellent and staff were polite.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Access to hotel. The parking was not cleared which made it a bit difficult to drive once the temperature dropped and it turned to ice.

Very clean and well maintained . The room was clean and bathroom was also clean. The bed was very comfortable and good channel selection for the TV.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was very shabby compared to the one we slept in just a few weeks before. The towels were sloppily arranged in the bathroom. The room was extremely hot. The sliding door was slightly frozen open.

The bed and pillows were really comfortable

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

No elevator, we were leaving early to get ahead of a snowstorm , so we went to breakfast at 0555 breakfast started at 0600. Both staff looked at their watch and said breakfast doesn't start until 6.I felt 5minutes were not an issue Also there was a dirty sock of a previous customer by the bed

Staff were friendly

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was extremely cold when we entered it. The poor lady working that evening was exhausted from running up & down stairs accommodating guests as much as she could considering she was the only staff member there that night. Ridiculous! Robin was her name and she was very nice and kept her calm even though I could sense she was overwhelmed with having to do it all herself.. the checking in, taking luggage up, etc. shame on the manager of this hotel for not being there to help when they were obviously understaffed!!!

The room was clean and beds very comfortable. Overall a very nice room for the rate.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was great, wide variety, were able to accommodate our last minute request for 1st floor room with outside entry. Was able to book same room for same rate for our return trip the following week

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was really good but I am not a fan of powdered scrambled eggs.

The front desk agent was very friendly and helpful during our check-in. The main bedroom area and bathroom were very clean, and the hotel is very quiet. The common areas were also nice and clean.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very difficult process to adjust heating. Either freezing or baking. Took us until 3AM to finally reach a comfortable temp. Why not have a simple thermostat???

Room acceptable and breakfast a bit above the usual.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The complimentary pc is locked down too tight and therefore unusable for guest purposes. For example didn't allow access to the game 'star trek alien domain'. More options for individuals who are gluten intolerant and unable to have dairy

Rooms were big and beds were comfortable. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

This is a regular stop when traveling for me as it is in a very convenient location off the highway. A short drive down the road you'll find gas and restaurants. The staff was friendly and was very kind to upgrade me to a queen from two double beds for the same price!! The room is clean and includes a small fridge and microwave which I liked as I was able to keep my water chilled. I also liked that they include a night light in the bathroom - no need to use the jarring lights in the middle of the night! It's the little things....

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The front entrance was not obvious when I arrived. Check in was efficient. My room on the second floor smelt stale, but it was too cold and windy to open a window. I returned several days later and had a room on the first floor, with direct access to the parking lot. There was a fridge and microwave, as well as an ice machine. The breakfast buffet offered a wide variety of choices and was promptly replenished. I chose this property for its location and pet policy.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

When we checked in we requested ground floor because there was no elevator she said I am sorry because you booked online I cant give you ground floor . I said fine. We get to our room and the door was open the inside lock had been flipped to keep the door open. I was with my 20 year old daughter so this freaked us out. Anyone could have gone in the room. we searched the room other then a funny odor everything seemed ok. Turned on TV doesn't work . Call down stairs and she says well is it plugged in and look and no its not she says well plug it in then. I said I cant the unit is too heavy to lift and I cant move it to get in thee she says fine and hangs up. 30 min later she comes up and plugs it in. I tell her about the funny odor she says well this is not the HIlton wow? Asked if we can changes rooms she says no I am full. She leaves we pull back blankets to lay in bed and there is a large amount of black long hair human in the bed now I am grossed out who knows how long these haven't been changed for and then we find rotting food in fridge when go to put water in I call down again ask for refund or new room she says because you booked online I cant move you I am full and we don't refund your room besides good luck finding another hotel. I have stayed in a lot of hotels in Canad and around the world and have never been treated like this

nothing - everything was fine

it is a good place to stay and we have always enjoyed out stays - staff is friendly-room clean breakfasts are usually good and it is a good place to stay when we travel to Ontario.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Styrofoam cups in the breakfast room. They are horrible to drink from and bad for the environment. Paper cups are provided for coffee in the rooms - why not in the breakfast room?

Breakfast options are pretty good for a free breakfast- includes hot items.

• Queen Room

The hotel was nice but I think we paid about $170 which seemed a bit steep for what we got. The staff were nice and knowledgeable, the room was clean, the continental breakfast was adequate, but other than the fact that you have very few hotel options for portions of the TransCan through NB, nothing seemed to merit quite that high of a price point.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Comfort Inn had no record of my reservation from Booking however I had printed my confirmation and had it with me. Lucky for me it wasn't prime traveling time otherwise I would had to sleep on the park bench.

The place was great, I had stayed there before so I knew what to expect. I was born at Edmundston and this location is central to visiting my relatives.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Reception at time arrival was great Natalie was very pleasant and friendly. I forgot my cell phone and she was very accommodating to have it set onward . Great job and my thanks.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast options were limited and not excellent, could have been better quality food, bed was a double, not as comfy as regualr hotel beds, it felt like a regular mattress.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was annoyed that the scrambled eggs were all gone by 8:30 and there was no thought given to bringing more for those who came later while there was still another half hour for breakfast service.

The room was clean and tidy and the bed very comfortable. Check in was quick and pleasant.

we really enjoyed our stay we were only there for one night. The room was very clean and the bed was huge and was very comfortable! It was also nice having our room on the first floor we had a patio door and parking right in front of it which made it very convenient for getting our things in and out of the car and in the morning we didn't have to worry about checking out at the front desk cause they just slid our receipt under the door

• Queen Room

There is no elevator here, but the hotel has 2 floors. So unless you find the entry door closest to your suite, which is also quite tricky, you're kinda stuff lugging all your stuff upstairs..

Pretty comfortable. Nice and clean too. Sufficient for a 1 night stay.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was treated very poorly during my check in. The greeting was unfriendly ... I asked a couple of questions and was told: a) I don't get any preference for where I get to stay in the hotel (e.g. first floor or second floor) because I booked through Booking.com ... and b) the hotel was full and I was not to ask any further questions ... my second question - whether I could have a queen sized bed rather than two doubles was dismissed. Basically throughout our brief exchange I experienced abrupt rudeness and was treated like a second class citizen for booking through Booking.com ...was told people who book directly through hotel receive better room preference.... I was not happy. The worst part is this exchange happened with a trainee ... her manager was within 1 foot of her dealing with another guest ... and she did not react in any way when I expressed my dissatisfaction. And I received the silent treatment from the trainee ... was not pleasant. Also I did not find any elevator for the second floor and no such directional signage to such an amenity ... or at least to tell people there is no elevator ... this may be a problem for those with physical mobility challenges.

Great to have lots of parking on site. Breakfast was provided but the eating space was too small for all the hotel patrons arriving at the same time.

• Queen Room

The bed was NOT comfortable at all, it was hard as a rock. The room was REALLY dark, even with all the lights on. The toilet seat was peeling and bubbling, definitely needed to be replaced. Breakfast was awful. The eggs were gross, the sausage rounds didn't even look like sausage (it was yellow and not brown), the cinnamon rolls were hard as a rock. They had a "make your own waffle station", but the waffles weren't even great. There was no elevator, so if you have heavy bags you had to lug it up the stairs.

Right off the highway. Spacious room. Had a fridge. Had free wifi. Had plenty of towels and mini shampoos.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was impressed with the scrambled eggs. They were fresh and moist. I like the separate area where you can get your food and the attendant is very hands on. The breakfast offered everything you would expect. However, the coffee was only so-so.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

No USB connector in the room to charge devices which in this day and age is a must. Hotel is getting a bit dated with pealing toilet seats and an office chair with failed hydrolics.

Clean room and decent breakfast. Excellent location.

• Queen Room

Booking system, staff and breakfast room. Someone was sick right where we were eating on the floor and they grabbed a mop and bucket and mopped it all around. Disgusting! My reservation was lost and found out when I called two nights before my stay. They said there were no rooms left and were very rude. I had to go back on booking.com and saw that there were rooms and book another one, that was $60 more. Horrible experience!!!! Will never stay here again!

everything was fine.

Well located just off the trans canada hiway, easy location to food spots and entertainment. Great breakfast and seemless checkout process. Plenty of gas stations handy to hotel, and coffee shops, including fast food outlets.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room not that clean. Hair and soap slim in the bathroom. Mirror in room and bathroom had dirty hand prints and slim on them. Door handles dirty.

Location just off the highway was good. The bed was comfortable.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

We very much appreciated that the staff did some room juggling to give us a room with direct access to the parking lot so we could bring our bikes into the room (we didn't want to leave them on the car overnight).

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast left alot to be desired. The apple juice ran out. The waffles didn't cook long enough (consumers can wait for the extra 30 seconds to make the waffles cook all the way through). The staff was all over you to spray the waffle griddle (they didn't leave the spray). The sausages appeared to be microwaved and were an unappealing grey color and not very good. Overall for the extra cost for a "free" breakfast. I would rather go out to eat than attempt the "hot" breakfast there again.

The room itself was comfortable, though we couldn't get the air conditioning to keep a consistent temperature (either way too cold or way too hot). Overall it was comfortable.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The first room they gave us smelled of mold and smoke. The next one was not clean. When we advised the front desk the two ladies just kind of shrugged and said they would let the cleaning staff know.

• Queen Room

Easy to see hotel but a little difficult to find.

Nice hotel with everything as promised. Plenty of places to walk dog. Driving alone from NS to ON and property deluvered everything I needed.

Thought pricing for accommodations were grossly inflated. Stayed in Quebec City prior to arriving in NB and didn't pay near as much to stay at a Best Western

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room smelled. It appeared it hadn't been used or cleaned in a long time. Dust webs were hanging from the ceiling.

the beds were comfortable and the shower worked.

The room smelled of cigarette smoke and turning on the air conditioning only made it worse.

The gentleman that checked us in at the front desk was great! He was very friendly and helpful!

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

"No Smoking" policy NOT enforced. The 1st room we were booked into REEKED of cigarette smoke. Even one of the front desk clerks admitted the STENCH was overwhelming. They DID give us 2 options. IF another room was available we could move OR they could use an ozone machine to clean the air. Thank goodness another room was available. When front desk staff was questioned about the "non smoking" policy, they PROMPTLY put the blame squarely on house keeping staff, pointing to "new hires" not knowing how to report violations. Sorry, I call b.s. on THAT excuse. When first checking in, customers are made QUITE aware of the policy, and MUST sign a waiver indicating a cleaning charge of $250.WOULD be charged. I asked IF anyone had EVER been held accountable & was met with blank stares. Overall, time for ALL the old smelly carpets & upholstered furniture to be thrown out & hotel policies to be enforced.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff. Rude upon check in, at breakfast and at check out. Complete disregard for veteran and would not honour military discount. Have never encountered a Comfort Inn like that. Will not recommend this location and will never return.

cleanliness

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

We loved the place. There is nothing we did not like.

The rooms were very clean , updated and comfortable. My husband loves the hot breakfast. We are traveling with a dog so it was important that there was some green space to walk him.

• Queen Room

the price was quite high $220+ - that is not a luxury hotel - or modern or boutique... Just a basic hotel i the middle of nowhere off the highway.

Yogurt and muffins - waffle maker. lineup for food very slow because of waffle maker - should be located away from the general lineup for food

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Found the price very expensive for not having a pool for the kids. This is one of the reasons we don't do a lot of travelling because it is so expensive to sleep overnight at hotels. Breakfast was ok but it was so busy that the ladies working the breakfast spot were getting very short with the people trying to get breakfast. Too hard to maneuver around in the tight space where the food was when it was so busy.

Beds were comfy and it was very clean. Really liked that breakfast was included.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

there is no lift on the property, older guests have the problem to get the luggage thru the stairs

quick check-in & check-out, hotel is located close to the highway.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

We were on the second floor and there was no elevator near us, we had to carry our luggage up the stairs.

There was lots of room for parking. Our room was a good size with a nice big bathroom. The beds were comfortable.

• Queen Room

I had just spent the week at a five star hotel in Halifax in a one bedroom suite and the per night rate was only 25 dollars more than what I paid at the Comfort Inn in Edmundston. The Comfort inn was definitely Extremely over priced!!! The room smelled funny and the carpets were Disgusting!!! And the mattress hadn't been replaced in a long time......

The people working at the front desk were very friendly.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The Included breakfast only goe till 9:00. Needless to say, I missed it. I thought 10:00, as most places I have stayed at. The Check-In clerk gave me 2 room access cards. I said I just need one. She said that likely one won't work. Turns out, both didn't work, so back to the front desk. Second time, one worked, but the second one didn't.

It is close to the highway, not in a bad way. Easy to access when travelling.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room smelled strongly of cigarettes, and the entire facility is badly in need of updating.

The beds were comfortable and the staff very friendly and helpful.

• Queen Room

The scrambled eggs at breakfast were tasty, however, there was much too much salt in them which is a concern for people on sodium-reduced diets.

Large and spacious room, nicely appointed..the room was very quiet with a wonderfully comfy bed.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Facility old and dirty. Not enough space in the dining area or seating. Coffee machine in the room had no filters.No elevator and steep stairs.

The bed was comfy

• Queen Room

Breakfast was ok, could have had more options.

location was great, parking is easy and easy access to room on bottom floor due to patio doors. I left my coat in the room and when I called back two days later, the front office had it. I arranged for Purolator to pick it up the following Monday. Great Service. :)

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wrong room considering I booked online.had wrong room asked for .plus no parking at my room door. I have been going your motel past dozen years or so

• Queen Room

Location. Arrived in town, booked on line late at night. The locals couldn't give me precise directions. If you miss a turn, you start all over. Don't arrive late. Front entrance was not easy to locate....pricey for a one night stay.

Bed was comfortable. Room was large enough. Bathroom fine. Breakfast adéquate, but nothing special. Typical morning fare. Didn't notice if there was an exercise room.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The smell was bad, the rooms were dirty, there was not any toilet paper, the night lights didn't work, the room was on the second floor with no elevators and the parking wasn't very good. Also didn't like the fact that you cannot cancel once the booking is made, no refunds, that's crappy for sure.

The location was great.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was terrible. I found hair on the bed sheets, no Kleenex in the boxes in either room we had. My son saw popcorn under the edge of the bed-within vacuum reach. The bathroom looked clean but on closer inspection the sink had a hair in it and soap scum on the soap dish.

easy to find, friendly staff, lots of free parking

• Queen Room

I have mobility problems and found the stairs to be very difficult. We did ask for a 1st floor room but we were told that they were booked to capacity. Unfortunately we will not visit comfort inn Edmunston again because of the lack of elevator or the availability of 1st floor rooms.

The bed was comfy and the room and bathroom was clean.

Well there were two girls at the front desk when we checked in: our girl had long dark hair and the other was blond. I do not recall the names of either, but the associate that checked us in was Fabulous!! Her co-worker, not so much. We found ourselves feeling sorry for the gentlemen that were checking in beside us - nearest the front doors. She was confrontational with the guests and that made "me" uncomfortable. Our associate was amazing!! Above and beyond great customer service!! Wish I knew her name - saw her again at breakfast and she was still smiling 😀😀

Loved the view from the walkout! Gorgeous location on the hilltop and we got to enjoy a double rainbow after the showers😀

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Front desk staff were rude and abrupt. The hotel could not keep up for the "breakfast". No elevator to second floor. What was disturbing is when a person books online - it is for second floor only. Why keep that a secret???

Beds were comfortable and room was very clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

They posted a false ad. Comfort Inn advertised no prepayment but they charged our credit card before we even got there. Also, they dont have a fitness center. Its a room with 4 cardio machines one of which was broken. The General Manager, Lisa, just shrugged her shoulders when I told her this. Didnt care at all. Also, the free breakfast is microwaved bacon, sausage, and eggs. Brutal.

• Queen Room

No elevator. Breakfast was extremely poor. Scrambled eggs sitting in water. No fresh fruit. Not able to handle the number of people looking for breakfast. Felt room was overpriced.

Comfortable bed. Clean bathroom.

• Queen Room

The first time I stay where there is no elevator , even only a second floor.

We had no coffee in the room but at breakfast it was very good. We have no complaints with the food , the breakfast had everything we needed.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cleanliness was not acceptable. Garbage was overflowing in all common areas inside and outside of the hotel. Our room however was clean. Breakfast was a joke. Breakfast was available from 7-9 on a Monday morning. Mostly all equipment was not working properly. Items offered were close to none One staff member left to fill coffee machines, juices, replenish supplies and spray down equipment so that the would work. Do not advertise that you offer hot breakfast when you do not. One container with sausage patties and eggs were only available. Sausages were not cooked properly and eggs did not resemble or taste like eggs. We decided to stay out on the patio and right at 9, the staff member locked the patio doors so that no one could enter. We stayed in 6 hotels during our vacation time. This was one of the most expensive ones but yet the most dirty one (common areas) and with NO suitable breakfast. It is evident that this hotel is trying to make a profit by not hiring enough staff to maintain the hotel and provide customer satisfaction.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Travelling with my 90 year parent, I specifically ask for a ground level room 3 weeks prior and when I called to confirm the morning of I was told they were full. They accomodated us due to a cancelation but made me feel like a quilt and how much out of their way they went.

Location in edmonston

Parking was very crowded

Really happy with the service , we had a very late arrival. The on site restaurant was close so the front desk lady ordered a pizza for my daughter and timed it perfectly for our arrival!

• Queen Room

Had to wait in line for breakfast, very small room for buffet and seating.. There were no scrambled eggs, people were all waiting to use waffle iron, it was a mess...my great breakfast consisted of bacon only...they need to rework breakfast....

The bed and comforter were wonderful...flat screen tv, recliner chair

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

had room on second floor so had to carry our things up the stairs.

Great location to every convenience of Edmunston. Free Breakfast was very good. Woman at check-in was very pleasant and helpful on things to do.

Nothing really went wrong, this was more of a mistake than anything I would assume: they didn't clean our room after the first night (we stayed for two nights) and we didn't have any Do Not Disturb signs up or anything. I think we just got overlooked.

Bed was super comfy, pillows were really great and I loved the duvet. The room was nice and clean and simple. Loved having a decent sized fridge as well as a microwave; came in handy. This was my second time staying here and I have yet to be disappointed.

Room stinks. Dog smell All the rooms on main floor are allowed to bring dogs Breakfast is just ok. Not well organized. You could'nt find trays, the girls were not filling in the empty bowls and trays . It must take 5 min to get your toast. The waffle machine is disgusting. Lack of organisation.

The location of the hotel

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Big line up for breakfast. Dining room far to small for number of guests. No tables available. Not enough staff to replenish buffet.

Easy to get to from the highway. Large room with fridge.

The smell in the room. Stuffy. Smelled like wet dog or dirty carpets. Shower was dirty. Soap scum on tiled walls. I slipped trying to balance.Terrible mold inbetween tiles. Breakfast terrible. Rubbery grey looking sausages. Ice cold boiled eggs sitting in hotish water. No cream. No peanut butter.

The location.