Reviews of Comfort Inn Fredericton This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

797 Prospect Street, E3B 5Y4 Fredericton, Canada

#12 of 23 hotels in Fredericton

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

Large room and good beds.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

Nice large room, fast internet, comfortable beds and good bedding and pillow variety. Clean and large bathroom. Standard breakfast. Nice outside door access (on the first floor) with a security bar made it easy to load and unload.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

Beds were smaller than expected.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Beds were smaller than expected. Breakfast closed before i could get the kids ready and go down. A staff attempted to enter my room without knocking. Just used a key and opened the door in the morning

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

Location of the hotel is well located.
    • Queen Room - Second Floor

The breakfast...not so good! Eggs pre-cooked, saw the attendant getting ready these pre-cooked eggs in a plastic bag same with everything hot! All served in paper plates, plastic knife, spot etc. Coffee not very good quality. Will not go back again in a Comfort Inn, breakfast must be all the same.

Location of the hotel is well located.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

Terrible very bad experience.
    • Queen Room - Second Floor

Well for one we weren't told that there were 2 teams booked in the same time as we were. The kids were running up and down the hall. We complained as it was after 11. Finally at midnight it was quiet. Then at 8:10 am the cleaner didn't knock or anything opened our room door came in seen we were still occupying the room and left. Didn't say anything . I was very upset over this as it was an invasion of our privacy. Very disappointed. I have stayed at comfort inn many times but this was a terrible experience. I am going to make sure that I will not stay there again. For the amount of money I paid for the room I was very dissatisfied.

The locstion

• Reviewed: March 30, 2018

Value for money, excellent breakfast and friendly staff.

There's no restaurant....

Value for money, excellent breakfast and friendly staff.The location is also nice as it's near to the restaurants, mall, universities and Gvt.buildings.Abive all, nice place for families...

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Great Location and Lots of Breakfast Options
    • Queen Room - Second Floor

We found the bed a little harder than what we were used to. Also, we found that there were children running up and down the halls between 8:30 and 9:30.

Location was great and breakfast had lots of selection.

• Reviewed: March 11, 2018

The comforters on the beds were not clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

The comforters on the beds were not clean. The lamp shades broken and the sink in the washroom wasn’t cleaned well. Would I stay again, most likely not.

• Reviewed: February 21, 2018

Excellent place to stay if you need to keep within your budget
    • Queen Room - Second Floor

Since we always trudge around in snow and mud, it would have been nice if the rooms have extra foot/shoe mat so we don't trail mud on the floor to floor carpet. Or at least a small corner where we can put our dirty shoes. We have to walk around the room with socks on, no room slippers were provided (hotel management should consider this- it helps with the cleaning and maintenance too!) Hotel doesn't have any info on public transportation available. But I suspect, they are not the only ones who don't have info. Practically all the locals seemed to ignore that there is a public bus transportation available (heard that it was not so good). This would still be helpful because we don't own a car yet, and we are dependent on public transportation. The cab fares are slightly on the expensive side.

We were given a good size room (209). There are no lifts/elevators so we have to carry our heavy luggage up one flight of stairs (I suspect this design is mostly because they serve to overnight hotel guests only). There is enough hot water for showers, plenty of towels and the pillows are surprisingly comfortable. Wifi speed is very good (despite the rumors I hear that wifi on some location sucks), and we never had any problems with the connectivity. Gym and Laundry rooms are available for guests, plenty of vending machines selling drinks, snacks and ice. Our room has a mini fridge and a microwave, and it's very convenient when we order take-out and have leftovers to consume. Furnishings are all beige and brown (for practicality reasons) and a little drab, but we don't mind. The place's location is a plys with fastfood and locals shops like pharmacy, dollar shops and grocery is a good brisk walk away (we were the crazy ones walking in freezing weather to get to these stores!) Buffet breakfast is good, it has more variety than expected. It's always a scrambled eggs and either bacon or spam every two days. And if you are tired from that, you can make your own waffles. There are about 3 varieties of cereal, muffins and thick toast. Fresh fruits are available, as well as yoghurt, fruit juices, coffee and tea. Another plus factor is that all the staff are very friendly, very helpful in answering all our questions.

• Reviewed: January 9, 2018

Clean room.
    • Queen Room - Second Floor

Room was overheated and extremely dry. I had difficulty getting the room to a more comfortable temperature. Difficulty sleeping in a stuffy room.

Clean room.

• Reviewed: January 4, 2018

Convenient to local stores and restaurants
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

the heating and plumbing were both very bad. Water in the tub and dripping faucet. And the heater was either full on (hot room) or off (very very cold room). They also did not have a hot breakfast which should be included in the stay.

Convenient to local stores and restaurants

• Reviewed: December 20, 2017

I was great.
    • Standard King Room

Breakfast area was not clean or filled, the worker was sitting with her boyfriend and on her phone and not attending her job. We and others had to keep asking for thinks.

The room was homely.

• Reviewed: November 30, 2017

Relaxing.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

I've stayed here before. The prices are excellent. All I want is a comfy bed, friendly staff and a clean room. I got all of that and more. I'd recommend this motel to anyone going to Fredericton.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2017

I loved that the location was close enough to everything i wanted to do.
    • Standard Queen Room - Second Floor

For whatever reason, and it was probably just me, but i couldn't get the tub drain to stay in on the first 10 tries ~ but like i said, that was probably just me.

the perfect size for just me, nice and quiet when it was bedtime, and the tub was super comfy!

• Reviewed: November 21, 2017

The breakfast was better then the usual continental breakfast
    • Standard King Room

The stay was what I expected except the room's cleanliness. There was a dirty stain on the bedding and on the last day I found used dental floss on the floor by the bed. I didn't use dental floss during my trip.

The breakfast was better then the usual continental breakfast

• Reviewed: November 5, 2017

They do not accept debit as a form of payment - ONLY credit...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

They do not accept debit as a form of payment - ONLY credit card (which we did not have) a true pain in the a$$ trying to check in. Not overly impressed with this

• Reviewed: September 26, 2017

This was exactly what you need and expect from a Comfort...
    • Queen Room - Second Floor

It was slightly less convenient to have our dogs on the second floor, and the property doesn't have a lot of dog-walking space.

This was exactly what you need and expect from a Comfort Inn--clean and comfortable, convenient, perfectly fine, nothing super special. There was a nice little welcome packet for our dogs--with treats and referrals for vets, etc.

• Reviewed: September 22, 2017

Staff were very accommodating and helpful with any of my...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

The A/C unit would not turn off even when switching the dials. Room was really cold.

Staff were very accommodating and helpful with any of my questions or requests. It was too late at night to request a room move or to have it fixed but it was room 251 if the staff wants to check the unit.

• Reviewed: September 21, 2017

Not great
    • Queen Room - Second Floor

Recently "renovated", rooms were adequate and clean. Large group of guests had tents set up in rear of property and held gathering, road trip of motorbikers. Exterior trash cans were overflowing and room looked out over doggie daycare. Between motorcycles and barking dogs, less than quiet. Front desk staff just didn't want to be there.

• Reviewed: September 7, 2017

Our stay was enjoyable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

More staff for the weekend breakfast could have helped roll people through a bit faster but the person on staff did a great job.

The bed was very comfortable and the Breakfast was nice.

• Reviewed: September 7, 2017

Comfortable and reasonably clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Braekfast Room too small for the number of guests,

Comfortable and reasonably clean. Breakfast was good and had a very good staff person who was very helpful.

• Reviewed: September 1, 2017

Decent place to stay enroute for a fair price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

Front desk staff upon check in was not very welcoming. We had to change rooms as the carpet in our room was soaking wet. They did not know why.

The rooms had a fridge and a microwave which was very handy. Also liked the continental breakfast included with the stay.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2017

Nice, clean. Good location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

I can open glass door to get my parking car only from inside my room. It means when I park, I have to go around the hotel to get in to my room and open door from inside before I can start loading-reloading my car.

Very comfy bed. Nice property. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: August 21, 2017

Nice rooms but lousy breakfast set up
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Breakfast was a disaster. There were no plates, no utinsels, the breakfast area was out of food , out of coffee , filthy dirty and only had 1 person working on a busy Sunday morning at 930 am. Breakfast area is very small and congested. The nice lady working there was far beyond her ability to handle all this responsibility, Comfort Inn should know that early mornings the breakfast area would need a minimum of 3 people working to keep up.

Nice clean rooms

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

Great Hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Breakfast room was a little small for the size of the hotel. People had to wait to sit down

Bed very comfy and the whole place was very clean. Would stay there again

• Reviewed: August 1, 2017

The location was convenient and the room was a decent size...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Room had a smokey odor, mold on tiles in the bathroom, breakfast room was too small to accomodate the guests.

The location was convenient and the room was a decent size with all the amenities I need.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2017

Hotel was good for the cost! I would stay there again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Breakfast room was too small and they only served breakfast until 9 on the week days. We had driven 9 hours the day before and I would've liked to sleep a bit extra.

Staff was friendly and the hot breakfast was an added bonus! Waffles were great!

• Reviewed: June 20, 2017

Staff was unresponsive, unfriendly and unaware of safety...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

Staff was unresponsive, unfriendly and unaware of safety issues. A cup of hot coffee was spilled in the hallway and the staff responded with "I can only do one thing at a time" this was a real fall hazard as it was adjacent to the breakfast room and rest room, I stood at the site to warn people but the front desk and kitchen staff seemed not to recognize the danger until I told them it was a fall hazard twice.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2017

The hotel is ok for business trips.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Location was slightly far from the downtown and the campus of University of New Brunswick. The breakfast was pretty boring as typical chain style motels' breakfast.

The hotel and its room were pretty much typical chain motel style. The room was not great, but was not bad. So the hotel was fine for the business trip, but I would not choose if this was for leisure.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2017

The room was fine and the breakfast adequate.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Moving my luggage in and out of my room. Was on second floor and there was no lift, so l had to carry my cases up stairs.

The room was fine and the breakfast adequate.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2017

Awesome at an awesome price!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Staff could have been more welcoming but were still quite nice.

Nice large bathroom! Comfy and clean beds. Nice selection of snacks in vending machine.

• Reviewed: May 16, 2017

There was shopping two blocks away which you could walk to.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

There was dirt under the bed and I don't think the floor had been cleaned in a very long time. The glass in the sliding door was filthy. The bed was clean but didn't look very presentable. There is a doggie day care next door so you could here barking which disturbed my dog.

There was shopping two blocks away which you could walk to.

• Reviewed: May 3, 2017

Cleanliness
    • Standard Queen Room - Second Floor

We arrived Sunday and I had surgery on my foot just two days before so I was on crutches. My husband checked in and told that we were on the 2nd floor. He said about me being on crutches could we be on the first and they said well that will be more money. To me this is ridiculous!!! Therefore each time we went out I had to do 2 flights of stairs. Not impressed at all .

Cleanliness

• Reviewed: May 2, 2017

The location was good and the price was right.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

The breakfast could have changed some days to include bacon and hash browns. The butter should have been kept out of the fridge so it was not hard to put on toast and waffles.

The location was good and the price was right. We had prepaid so the checkout was no problem.

• Reviewed: April 27, 2017

Decent Stay for a reasonable Price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Internet was slow and required a login page to be loaded meaning i couldn't use some of my devices on it. hotel is fairly far from Downtown and other restaurants.

breakfast was good for a continental and the gym had a good selection of equipment and entertainment.

• Reviewed: April 14, 2017

Very satisfied with our stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Would like to have had a single room with queen sized bed but they were all booked.

Beds were comfortable. Rooms very clean. Good breakfast. Breakfast area was a bit small but all in all very happy with our stay and would stay again.

• Reviewed: March 22, 2017

I was disappointed, because I had choice rewards, I stayed 2...
    • Queen Room - Second Floor

I was disappointed, because I had choice rewards, I stayed 2 nights, thinking that they would count, but they said no because I had booked thru you. This just doesnt seem right. It really shouldn't matter as long as they got paid for the rooms.

• Reviewed: March 20, 2017

Great stay, great price, great staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

If there was a pool that would be great, but nothing to complain about at all.

Breakfast was great, lots of variety. Comfortable spacious rooms. Excellent and helpful staff. Will stay again!!

• Reviewed: March 19, 2017

I loved everything about my stay. will stay there again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

I find the only thing I didn't like you can hear a lot of nice from the hall. In the morning before seven am. not very sound proof. example there was i believe children running in hallway. and doors slamming. I understand this is something that is uncontrollable

• Reviewed: March 17, 2017

Impressed!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

The rooms were much better than expected and an excellent value! Staff was wonderful. The event we were attending is going to be a yearly function and we will definately be booking again!

• Reviewed: March 6, 2017

Good for a quick overnight stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Okay beds. Bathroom could've been cleaner. Instructions could've been clearer on how to get to the breakfast room.

Breakfast had a wide variety of items. Great location for traveling on the trans Canada. Friendly and accommodating staff. Express checkout very convenient.

• Reviewed: February 27, 2017

Overall it was okay, but we won't likely book this hotel again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

The lady who met me upon arrival was rude and ignorant. She didn't have a name tag so I didn't know her name. The information provided to me through booking.com was different from the hotel standards deposit wise and she was very ignorant about it, thankfully she accepted our cash but the way she treated my friends after was very rude and not very business management like. The front desk lady in the morning was VERY nice and welcoming.

How easy it was to get to and from the hotel and how spacious the room was. The beds were comfy.

• Reviewed: October 20, 2016

Though isolated from the city, easy access to highways and...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Breakfast closes too early at 9:00. 10:00 is standard. Distance driving, I don't appreciate this, and really, what's the rush?

Though isolated from the city, easy access to highways and restaurants and coffee etc.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2016

Just okay!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

The room had an bad odour....it had the smell of smoke. Our room was unfortunately on the 2nd floor....asked if we could change to the first floor....a charge of $10.00 more. My husband has bad knees.

Beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: September 15, 2016

Nice rooms but not a relaxed stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Very slow check in Staff in breakfast room was unnecessarily controlling, reminding diners that breakfast was limited in portion. (Portion sizes were more than adequate)

clean decent size rooms and showers

• Reviewed: September 6, 2016

Nice place for truckers
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

The house keeper came at 8:am every freaking morning, way to early. Hotel seems more like a truckers place to stay

The shower was really nice and hot always.

• Reviewed: July 22, 2016

5.5
    $150 not worth the 2 hours sleep I managed to get.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Had to be up at 3am to catch a flight and didn't get to sleep until after 1am. Walls are paper thin and people next door were talking and laughing and opening and closing doors till late at night.

Beds were comfortable. Rates were good

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

All was good, comfy and quiet

All was good, comfy and quiet

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

It was a good value for the price.
    • Queen Room - Second Floor

I did not like having to climb stairs.

The room was clean. It was a good value for the price.

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

Clean room

Clean room

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

Was nice and quite
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Your staff was very informative

I feel that the beds could be more comfortable

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

Good hot breakfast, Iarge ac unit

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

Overall it was good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Had to clean my shower before I could take one

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Decent stay - comfortable and friendly staff

Comfortable bed, decent breakfast

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Very bad smell in the room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Very bad smell in the room. Bed sheets seem not being changed. I have been to much better 8.0 review Inn... definitely not worth 8.0

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Helpful Staff.

Bad smell in the room.

Helpful Staff. Lit comfortable.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Between okay and good.
    • Queen Room - Second Floor

sounds from the room above.

Allowed to take our 3 big dogs in.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

always a great place to stay. Bed was excllent.
    • Standard King Room

breakfast staff a litttle cranky. not really efficient

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Excellent.

Everything was great.

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

Better than expected

Nothing I didn’t like

Comfortable room, good location Liked fridge and microwave

• Reviewed: April 26, 2018

enjoyable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

the bed was firm which I liked very much. Breakfast was excellent

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

Good for money paid!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Bad ofor in room Leakage of water insude toilet sink Not having cheese in breakfast

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

Adequate
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

Staff was rude at check-in

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

We love this hotel, one reason is because it is so pet friendly!
    • Queen Room - Second Floor

It was so easy to do from car!

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

Tv cable has very poor picture.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

Tv cable has very poor picture. It was not pleasant to watch.

• Reviewed: March 15, 2018

Better than adequate.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Front desk staff could not locate another guest we were trying to contact and did not deliver the message that was left for them.

• Reviewed: March 5, 2018

Grest stay

Good parking

• Reviewed: March 4, 2018

Great.. Very convenient locale.

Nil of note

Clean and comfortable... Great pillows!

• Reviewed: February 22, 2018

There were a litle smell of cigarette in the room.
    • Queen Room - Second Floor

There were a litle smell of cigarette in the room.

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

Value for your money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

staff are robotic, doesnt even smile

breakfast is available

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

Staff pleasant, rooms are fine
    • Queen Room - Second Floor

Communal areas tired and need freshening up

• Reviewed: January 11, 2018

Short stay...breakfast was good
    • Queen Room - Second Floor

Very noisy throughout the night...doors slamming

Prefer 2 beds...bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: January 5, 2018

Good hotel with regular service.
    • Queen Room - Second Floor

Good hotel with regular service.

• Reviewed: December 19, 2017

Perfect place to stay when I visit my son at school.

No complaints

Comfortable, quiet, and economical

• Reviewed: December 14, 2017

Would definitely stay here again!!
    • Queen Room - Second Floor

I found the room very appealing and very clean