Reviews of Comfort Inn Guelph 3 stars

480 Silvercreek Parkway, N1H 7R5 Guelph, Canada

#5 of 15 hotels in Guelph

Very accommodating!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very friendly staff. Manager worked with us to make our stay comfortable and affordable, without which we would have had a very tight budget. Best experience we've had yet! Thanks again Theo!

overall my family had a good stay the air conditioning was a blessing to escape the heat of the day
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

the room was not clean as expected the carpet was not vacuum thoroughly there was still dirt

location was convenient and the met my expectations and got good value for the money the staff were friendly

Will use this Comfort Inn again
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

The room was overcrowded with furniture, and dated, which gave it a very dark feeling. There is no elevator, but they are in the process of building one.

The room was clean looking, quiet, and in good repair. The staff is friendly and helpful. Great coffee.

Unfortunately the air made me ill and i did not enjoy my stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

1 - Hot water tank broke - ice cold shower - for the price of the room per night i thought a discount would have been a good offer 2 - room stunk and not sure if the AC needs cleaned as the air was bad and the exhaust in bathroom has about 8 inches on dust on it bad shape - place a little run down - I came home really sick 3 - Breakfast no fresh fruit except the bananas - same meet for 2 days in row peperoni? not good 4 - i think i had room over the kitchen where they cooked food in morning - bad smells every morning

bed was comfy pleasant staff TV and wifi good

A decent place for a short stay when in Guelph for business.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed in 228 was worn out, shaped like a soap dish, not very comfortable.

The staff were exceptionally friendly, and the breakfast was convenient and good; also the cost of the room was decent.

like the patio doors ease of bringing things in and out.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

the water pressure in the shower was awful and not very much hot water. some cleaning could be done, the under beds was disgusting, and the chair was full of crumbs etc. would worry about bed bugs if these rooms don't get a good cleaning. I found for two people staying it was a little cramped not a lot of space in the rooms just enough for the bed person who sat at the desk had to move to get around to the patio door..

like the patio doors ease of bringing things in and out. without having to drag everything through the entire hotel..

Good value for the the hotel rates. Would stay here again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Check out speed on Sunday morning was a bit slow. Some guests came in very late ie between 1 and 4 AM and were a bit noisy in the hall. Could have been St. Patrick's day revellers!

I have stayed at the hotel many years ago with mixed experience. Nicely upgraded and lobby and breakfast rooms are first class. Check out was a bit slow on Sunday morning. Beds are good. Did not use the wifi.

Comfortable, clean, more than adequate, topped with friendly staff who make up for any inadequacies.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Absence of plug-ins for car block-heater (temperature dropped below -20). TV monitor ony went to a soft-glow 'standby' when OFF pressed on remote (needed a light mask). Thin walls meant hearing neighbour snoring (needed earplugs).

Good Wifi reception in the room; plenty of towels on request; an actual (non-cheapo) waffle maker with batter in a cosy kitchenette; substantial breakfast included; securable sliding exterior door useful for access to car. Very personable staff.

thanks - will be back
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

shower pressure could have been stronger tv difficult to operate...remote not easily understood

bed comfy, warm and clean room and bathroom friendly staff

Great staff nice stay!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was awesome. There were hockey’s teams staying one night and were causing problems for front desk- which handled things well. Breakfast was in a nice room. Rooms were nice. Workout room was good for simple cardio.

Good.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The window was not entirely covered. Light from outside was coming in. The window should be entirely covered.

Zora, the staff who was at the reception desk when I came, was very helpful.

Great value overall.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

Pet friendly means I had some fleas in my room this time. I would prefer that these rooms be kept separate from the other bookings.

Great location, staff so helpful and efficient.

Basic hotel, clean. Okay for the price I paid.

Nothing really.

Just a quick overnight stay so hotel was fine for just that. The bed was super comfy, check in girl could have been more friendly. The gentlemen who was at the desk the next morning for check out was very nice and friendly. Clean, basic hotel. Breakfast was okay. Love the waffle maker. The hotel must contract rooms out to a utility company for their workers to stay there... I do have to say being a women and pulling up at 8:30 at night in the dark and seeing a large amount of utility company trucks and a bunch of men hanging out outside their room patio doors was a little intimidating and made me think twice about staying there but it was fine no issues but it did make me feel a little uneasy.

Good but would have liked fresh linen after day 4 or 5.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We stayed for 7 days and the sheets were never changed. Requested new bed linen after day 5 by leaving a polite note for the housekeepers. Bed linen was not changed.

Staff were very pleasant and free breakfast was good. On site free parking and internet.

Would I stay again? No
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our room was dirty to start. We asked the maid to give us 20 min to let us leave before cleaning. Never came back. We both have bites what seem to have the appearance of bed bug bites. We notified the front desk when we left. They said they take that seriously and would look into it. The room had a stagnant smell of either smoke or a pet.

Breakfast was adequate. Had a very small fitness room.

A very comfortable and pleasant stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We were welcomed by a very pleasant gentleman at the front desk and over the period of our stay, all of the staff at the front desk were courteous, friendly and helpful and all were dressed professionally. Being a florist, I was really impressed that the lobby was decorated with vases of beautiful real flowers! The bed was really comfortable and, despite being close to a major traffic intersection, it was really quiet. The complimentary breakfast was a nice perk, which we enjoyed. We had dinner at the nearby Kelsey's and received 20% off our bill because we were staying at the Comfort Inn. All in all, it was a very pleasant stay and I would highly recommend this hotel.

Excellent !
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

When I booked this room I used a Debit Visa Card, we do not have any charge cards. The day of our arrival, got a notice stating they could not accept the debit visa card and would not hold the room, all because we did not have a VISA or a MASTERCARD. Thought that was a little ridiculous ! I called the Comfort Inn immediate and they did agree to hold the room for me this time. Which I appreciated greatly !

Everything was great ! Glad that I was able to book this room.

Save your money- go elsewhere.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I do not recall his name- believe he is a South Asian male of darker complexion. This staff ruined my experience. He was extremely rude. Would definitely not stay here again because of him. Also, there is a musty smell that comes very often on property. Had to hold my breath on several occasions.

Fine.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

The breakfast food was revolting. The eggs were like cold rubber balls and the sausages were nothing more than large pepperettes. Disgusting. Neither my son or I got past one bite.

Easy to get to from highway. Clean room. Price was right.

Central to everything, a fantastic place to stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff were fantastic & accomodating. I dealt with the manager Melissa and she was fantastic! Highly recommended if you are staying in York Region & looking for affordable plus functional place to stay. Central to everything, a fantastic place to stay.

Beds were comfortable.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

Non-smoking room smelled of smoke but went away once my nose adjusted to smell. Overall, the room was not cleaned well. Breakfast was not very good. No safe.

Beds were comfortable. Friendly staff. Great wifi in room and hotel. Spacious - room had 2 queen size beds.

Pleasant surprise!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

Pillows and bed were very comfortable. The rooms and halls smelled wonderful. The complimentary breakfast was great. I had cereal, so I can't say much about the eggs/pastries offered but it smelled good.

It was a very short and enjoyable stay. Which We needed to be able to do the rest of our trip. Thank
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I don't think anything could have been better.

We liked the convience of the hotel . I found it with out a problem. The room was very clean and a good size. My husband has a walker and it was not in our way at anytime. We were only there for one night and carried on to visit relatives the next day.

Nice, quiet clean accomodation. Breakfast could have been better.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I did not like the continental breakfast. The room was very over crowded and we had to stand and wait for a table to become available. Apparently everyone decided to eat at the same time!!! The scrambled eggs were disgusting and were very much like hard tasteless pieces of rubber. I loved that they offered orange marmalade because some places do not.

I liked being on the ground floor with a walk out patio door. The layout of the room was nice and the size of the fridge was great!!

We stayed at this Comfort Inn Several Years ago and we were...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

The patio doors were very dirty on the outside. Desk chair did not operate properly.

We stayed at this Comfort Inn Several Years ago and we were pleased to see all the upgrades that have been done to the rooms.

Perfect hotel for our needs and budget friendly
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

no pool, but again, we weren't there to spend loads of time in the hotel.

We were in the area for a couple of days so just needed a place to stay. This hotel suited our needs perfectly and was very reasonably priced. Breakfast included was definitely a bonus and was half decent. We only met a couple of staff members but they were friendly and efficient.

Basically you get what you pay for. Moderate for a moderate price.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The sink in bathroom had large crack. The shower had minimal pressure and it was spraying out the shower head base. The clerk when we checked in, double charged me. I had to phone my credit card company to straighten it out. The continental breakfast was fair, except eggs powdered and no clue what sausage was.

The beds were very comfortable. The rooms on the whole, were clean. The amenities in the room were good. The staff were nice, but could have been a bit more on the ball.

Pretty good value for the money.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was a bit hard, but otherwise okay.

Very handy for Hillside Festival. 10 minutes away. Downtown Guelph pretty close, too. Free breakfast was just okay.

Will stay there again if the occassion arises
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not just this motel but ANY Motel would like them to have certain rooms that are just for persons with pets. Not fussy to know that a dog may of been in the room I have. They ask not to let pets on beds but I doubt the persons abide by that rule.

Staff friendly and helpful, breakfast good, well looked after, clean, lots of parking spaces

We will definitely return there when in Guelph. We will try other Comfort Inns when we travel.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing negative to tell.

The beds were really comfie. The hotel was clean. The service excellent. The breakfast was great with lots of variety to choose from.

Front desk person was very helpful
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Air conditioner didn't work, so we had to switch rooms. Didn't sleep well because the mattress was poor quality.

Front desk person was very helpful

Welcoming, clean, comfortable and affordable
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I popped out one of the side doors that's supposed to have key-access, but it wasn't working properly, so got locked out. Being a little nit-picky, but would have been outstanding value if the property had an elevator and a pool area would have been the icing on the cake

John at the front desk was friendly and upbeat, which led the experience off on a good note. Room was clean and comfortable.

Location and cleanliness very good if you just want a place to stay overnight.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was noisy in A.M. was awoken at 6:30.

Can't comment on part of #2 as I was visiting family. Friendly staff and cleanliness of room. Very good breakfast.

You asked me to answer
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Hair in the bathroom before we used it. The staff were edgy in tone and answers.

The rooms were ok in size. The breakfast had good variety. The place was fairly quiet.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

The breakfast was terrific .
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My only suggestion would be to have some gluten free bread choices for those of us who can't enjoy wheat products.

The breakfast was terrific . The food was hot and tasty with a wide variety of food choices.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Nice stay!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Eggs were sitting too long and turned rubbery and crusty. Could be more water pressure in shower.

Newly renovated. Very nicely decorated. Really friendly and informative front desk clerk. Bonus was a 20% discount card for nearby Kelsey's restaurant! Close to a lot of restaurants and shopping.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

I will be returning to Guelph and will stay at Comfort Inn again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The first room I was in had a fridge that wasn't working. When I informed the front desk I was immediately moved to another room. Polite, courteous front desk staff.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Check to see if a large party is on before you book!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No elevator. Have to exit at the end of the hall. Bed was old, sagged into the middle.

Staff was very responsive to noise complaints, and could be heard yelling at the fraternity mbrs to quiet down throughout the night.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

I'll be back!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The foyer was beautifully decorated and welcoming. The staff I encountered were friendly and efficient. I also appreciated the card for Kelsey's that allowed for 20% off my dinner meal. A nice touch.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Found black bug on bed.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

I found a black bug crawl over my bed and my friend and I were so scared. Maybe the air was too humid, closet smells like rotten wood. We called front desk to change room and give us some compensate or whatever to save my thoughts of comfort inn, after all I have lived in many comfort inns, but his behaviour was just so bad.... And I feel so upset.. Maybe I will never stay in comfort inn again...

Good Breakfast and location.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Comfortable accommodations.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I had a great stay at this property. The desk clerk was there when I arrived and again the next morning when I left and he was still chipper. Best night's sleep I've had in a long time. Would definitely return. The little fridge and microwave in the room was a bonus.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Need to Be More Detailed with Cleanliness Practices
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was dried blood on my comforter which did not appear stained after washing -it appeared fresh and crusty. This indicated the bedding was not washed between customers. When I asked for the comforter to be changed, the staff member threw other bedding on the floor before putting on a new comforter. She then picked up the bedding that was on the floor and put it back on the bed. This is not a clean practice. There were hairs in the tub and on the sink when I arrived -so, it did not seem well cleaned between customers, either. Staff handling the food (while they wore gloves) treated the gloves like the gloves were self-cleaning. Gloves were not changed after touching things that could contaminate them. At times, gloves were merely removed, and then returned to hands. This practice (reusing gloves that were removed) also allows gloves to be contaminated by hands between use. As well, I witnessed 2 pieces from the top of a coffee/hot water holder fall on the floor at breakfast. These pieces belong where new coffee or hot water is poured into the holder at the top, which means the coffee or hot water that is to be consumed will touch them. The food staff picked them up and put them back on the holder without washing the pieces in between. I confronted her and asked why they weren't washed after touching the floor and she denied that the parts would touch the coffee so "it's okay", even though, with closer inspection I confirmed that they would. As a former food safety inspector myself, I am well aware of the risks of contamination. This employee was attempting to pass off her role as a food staff member as having a better understanding than a customer and gave a "not-to-worry, it doesn't matter" attitude. I was trying to approach her as a customer who did not like what was observed so that it could be changed. And it was dismissed.

The bed was comfortable, and having different types of cushions to choose from was nice. The environmental practice of encouraging towels to be reused by the guest is good to see. Yes, it helps them save money, too. But it is also a helpful environmental win-win. The breakfast had good variety. Tea/coffee and water at the front throughout the day was a nice thing to have (although it was evident that it was not frequently changed, since it was often cold in late afternoon/evening).

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

A wonderful home-away-from-home for a terrific value.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I wouldn't ask to change a thing.

The hotel has over-went a complete face lift and has a wonderful, warm contemporary feel. John, who was working at the front desk, instantly made me feel at home as did all other employees during my 2 night stay. The room was large, clean, lots of light, comfortable and quiet. It also had a larger bar fridge and microwave! The complimentary breakfast was looked after by a lovely young person and boasted hot and cold selections. There were enough choices that I had no problem finding a great breakfast each day! I will definitely be returning to this location.

I stay at the comfort inn most weekends when i am in the...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast bar has a really descent breakfast but when you have bagels on the bar why is there just butter to put on them....why not cream cheese as well instead of peanut butter and jam....

I stay at the comfort inn most weekends when i am in the area. The roo.s are really comfortable and clean as well as the lobby and parking. The staff are friendly and courteous.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

The staff was helpful and accommodating.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Although I appreciated the breakfast being included the quality of the prepared food was quite poor. The scrambled eggs in particular were terrible. The attendant(who appeared to be quite grumpy) was making them in a microwave right in the serving area which I found quite unacceptable. The sausages were very dry and tasteless. At least there was toast and cereal so I got some kind of breakfast. This didn't put me off of the hotel as I'm staying there again in a couple weeks and as mentioned above I did enjoy my stay. I'll probably skip the breakfast though.

The staff was helpful and accommodating. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Nice upgrades.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

Bathroom door should have been repainted. The cabinets that house the tv/fridge and then the tall clothing one should be reversed. The taller clothing cabinet should be closest to the bathroom which would also enable the tv to be seen from the two beds easier. I like the two chairs, however too big to have two in the double queen room. Two luggage valets would be nice in each room. Just some suggestions:)

Nice upgrades. Clean and freindly staff.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Breakfast included in AM.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Traffic noise due to room adjacent to main intersection, but location was perfect for trip and on route required.

Breakfast included in AM. I had to be on the road early and breakfast was already open!

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Great value
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Language barrier with young man at evening reception. He was trying very hard to be helpful but we had trouble communicating with each other. Confusion about rate.

Great location for our needs (not downtown). Pet friendly. Great hot breakfast. Comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Located close to a lot of amenities.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff at desk was, on more than one occasion, unaware of the pre booked late check out. Which resulted in a lot of unwanted interruptions to our morning.

Located close to a lot of amenities. Room was decent size and very clean.

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for a night while on a...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for a night while on a roadtrip around Ontario. Place is clean, bed is comfy, decent variety for breakfast. Can't really complain.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

clean and decent
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast wasn't very appealing, but it was free. The location is bad for walking as far from most things and there are no sidewalk on this busy road.

rooms and service

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

There was a guy who worked at the front desk late at night,...
    • King Room with Spa Bath

There was a guy who worked at the front desk late at night, he went above and beyond his job qualifications. I will be returning in the future because of the kindness amd care that the staff there provie

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Well looked after!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It is located at a very busy intersection. Easy access but some traffic noise.

This unit was very clean. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Yummy breakfast!

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Location is Good. Free Breakfast,Free Parking.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Location of our room. We looked out to the dumpsters and the picinic table where the staff go out to smoke. Lots of cigarette buts around.

Stayed there for Music Festival at Guelph Lake Island. Location was good .Breakfast was sufficient to get you on the road.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Nicely renovated and comfortable.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

A little far off the 401 when traveling from Toronto, but worth the few miles drive.

This is an older Comfort Inn that has been recently renovated and it was really a pleasant surprise. It was clean, comfortable and the beds were very good. I think they did a very good job and the young man at the front desk was very helpful with restaurant recommendations.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Good stay
    • King Room with Spa Bath

The morning staff upon check out were a bit rude when my wife was trying to talk she was cut off by the staff member. The eggs had some spice in them that upset our stomach. The sausage was tough to eat and felt like leather.

Front desk area was updated and welcoming. Our room was comfortable and lots space.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Not recommended
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was in poor repair, bathtub wasn't clean, it had hair in it. There was a hole in the bathroom wall where a towel bar had been removed and it hadn't been fixed. The front desk nearly gave my room away and there was an odd mildew smell in the room from the AC but it lingered after I turned off the AC.

The bed was comfortable, it was cheap. I received a 20% coupon for the restaurant across the street which was decent

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Recent Renos Helped This Property
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

The check in process. The evening desk person was initially not aware of my reservation change and tried to charge me for an extra night. We were also not happy with our assigned room and it seemed difficult for him to provide us with an alternative.

The updated room was typical Comfort Inn quality. The breakfast was also fairly typical with a good variety. The complimentary newspapers each day were appreciated. Parking right outside the room was a bonus but we still had to use the main or side doors to come and go.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

Visit to Guelph
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

A little more selection of tea or coffee in the rooms please. The morning breakfast was excellent

We found a quiet clean hotel with very friendly staff who helped with our reservation problems and made us feel very secure. The location suited us so well that we shall return again.

The room came equipped with a mini fridge and a microwave.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

The furniture in the room took up a lot of space.

The room came equipped with a mini fridge and a microwave.

It was nice, quiet and friendly staff
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pillows weren’t hard enough but I can bring my own next time

The hot water in shower and how the patio doors have a triple lock on them

The staff at front desk and restaurant was amazing.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

The staff at front desk and restaurant was amazing. Very polite and calm personalities. All the best.

Good location for where I was going.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

No big complaints. Room was good.

Good location for where I was going.

Good breakfast included in price. Friendly staff. Easy to find.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

Comfort Inn is self described as a smoke free facility but our room smelled of stale smoke.

Hotel needed updating. Staff were extremely friendly

Hotel is run down

Staff were friendly

Crappie
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

To much noise and whole hotel smelt like pot also people smoking it outside the door

An excellent experience.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

I really found the rooms very comfortable.

If I'm going thru Guelph again - I'll stay here again.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

Updated, clean, big breakfast friendly and informative staff....

The room was nice and clean.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The lobby and hallways could have been cleaner - there was an odour throughout.

The room was nice and clean.

Our non smoking room smelled of smoke.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our non smoking room smelled of smoke. It was awful.

It did the trick...I would stay again if the price was right. :)
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The construction at east end was inconvenient.

The room was clean, comfortable and well-appointed.

Tv need to be easier to operate

Tv need to be easier to operate

Nil

All

Pet charge is excessive at $35 per night.

Pet charge is excessive at $35 per night. most hotels charge a one time fee

Comfortable
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Non Smoking

Facilicity a bit dated. No available Outlet to charge phone. Phone in room does not work

Great service, friendly staff.