Reviews of Comfort Inn Hamilton/Stoney Creek 3 stars

183 Centennial Parkway North, L8E 1H8 Hamilton, Canada

#16 of 20 hotels in Hamilton

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

I thought the hotel was very pricey and was 45 minutes from the excursion we stayed in Hamilton for. The rooms were also very small and no pool.

The beds were really comfortable and the continental breakfast was excellent. Staff was friendly and the room was clean.

• Queen Room - Top Floor

I shouldn't have booked through booking.com. The site puts in an automatic date and I didn't catch it. When I arrived at the hotel, they actually gave me a better rate than booking. It would have been nice if breakfast would have gone a little later. 9:30 is too early to end the breakfast buffet.

The hotel itself was clean and comfortable. The beds were fresh and clean. Breakfast was available at an early hour, and there was a coffee maker in the room to get that first cup. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

When checking in, I told the front desk I would make payment upon exit the next morning. They assured me that our credit card would not be charged and they only needed it to hold for damages, etc. The next morning the room was charged to the credit card (we wanted to pay debit). Also, there was 2 $160 hold room charges. This put the card over the limit and took some time to get back onto the card with minimal penalty. The breakfast area was also very small. With only a few tables, it can only accommodate about 16 people. this was mentioned at check it, that we could grab a tray and bring it back to our room.

Large room. Comfy beds

• Queen Room - Ground Floor

Way over priced for the quality of room & lack of services. No pay per view, cable channels barely came in, hotel room door was even difficult to close.

Staff were friendly, bed was comfy.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Toilet seat should be larger. Could use another box of Kleenex.

Clean room, good pillows and bed. Room had hair dryer, fridge, microwave, hangars, ironing board and iron. Washroom was clean and had enough towels, shampoo, soap, etc. Breakfast was quite good with eggs, bacon, etc. Had pretty much everything for breakfast. WiFi was stable and strong. Not much to fault.

• Queen Room - Top Floor

I had to pay to upgrade to the first floor even though I'm disabled and the property has no elevator

Close to the area of town that I needed to be in.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

The room seemed unusually bare (empty fridge etc). The towels were of low quality and rough. The breakfast was not very good and the breakfast area was dangerously small (I almost got burned at the waffle maker).

Check in and check out were a breeze. Location was ideal for our event and amenities (bank, restaurant).

• Queen Room - Ground Floor

Patio doors were very difficult to open and close. Situation that happened Friday took a long time to resolve. Happened right in front of my room.

Staff was friendly. Room was very nice.

• Queen Room - Top Floor

Hot breakfast was cold and greasy. Walls & doors very thin, and every noise in hallway sounded like it was in my room, even normal guest conversations and doors opening/closing, which continued until 1:30 AM.

Location was very convenient and easy to get to.

• Queen Room - Top Floor

the room we had had problems with the slow drain in the tub when you shower the water is standing in the tub and does not drain away quickly the room #214 it has had that issue for a wile no excuse for slow drains.

The inn was easy to find and the rooms were clean and beds comfortable breakfast was good and all you want limited seating staff was good and helpful

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

The young lady in the morning when we left was rude and refused a cash payment insisting she had already charged my credit card. 0 stars for her.

There was a small mix up upon our arrival and the young lady behind the desk was very friendly and helpful in fixing the situation. Five stars to her.

• Queen Room - Top Floor

Heater was very noisy and could not use at night. Should have digital type units in the day and age not dial type.

It was just what I needed for a one night stay.

• Queen Room - Top Floor

Room was ok, but nothing special. Needs a facelift if they are charging those prices. In comparable cities, room would be around $80

Hotel needs a facelift badly. Doors were difficult to open, ripped wallpaper, dirty hallways. This room should be around $80/night, not $125

• Queen Room - Top Floor

The room was clean and comfortable. We had a microwave and a fridge in the room. Bathroom was nice and clean, plenty of towels. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was excellent. scrambled eggs and bacon, toast, pastries, cereal, waffle maker, juices and coffee.

• Queen Room - Top Floor

Well, talk about adding insult to injury. Within 10 minutes of booking this room I realized the date was incorrect. The hotel could do nothing to change the reservation. Booking would do nothing but suggested we appeal directly to the hotel. Again, nothing. So.... after concluding it would not be worth the 24 hour round trip to use the room, how do I rate It? Extremely disappointing. Valuing a computer program over a flesh and blood customer says a lot about both Comfort Inn and Booking.

• Queen Room - Ground Floor

breakfast could have been better ,other than that i would stay there again

breakfast was very different to what we are used to,but it was ok .the room good no problems . the staff that we met were very helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Coffee machine not working key card malfunction verry anoiying back entrance door not working it was broken. Do not like the greeting at front desk person was rude not even a smile

• Queen Room - Top Floor

Usually this hotel is great but this stay there was a stain on the bedspread and sheets the didn't look fresh. The tissue box was empty, the tub drain was plugged and the wifi was terrible. Room 208.

Good location, parking and comfortable room with fridge and microwave.

• Queen Room - Top Floor

The fact that the staff was not good dealing with my complaints Had asked for a main floor room when I booked but they said yous did not send request to them so we ended up on 2nd floor there was no elevator for my wife whom has trouble with stairs There was no concern in there part When I talked to day manager they told I should have booked directly with the motel instead of yous The ice bucket was 1/2 full of stagnated water which did not concern the front desk Worst of all there was no apology about any of these issues Was not impressed with my time in that motel

• Queen Room - Top Floor

Room smelled really bad (think it was the carpet). It smelled like smelly feet. Had housekeeper spray deodorizer. Housekeeping has to improve. There were pizza boxes, beer cans and over-flowing garbage bins all around the outside.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Never book in this hotel. They will never let you modify the booking. They will not let you post pone the dates of your booking as well. Once you are booked then your money is gone already. I called them multiple times not to cancel atleast to postpone the booking dates. But they refused to do it. When i called booking.com they say you ask the hotel and the hotel people just want to loot the money for no service offered. I am a loyal customer of comfort inn for almost 5 years. Not anymore.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Day time receptionists were very rude I don't remember their names but their ages are around 50. Night time attendant was nice and friendly his name is Asim. Only thing I really don't like are these two receptionists because of their ill manners

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Water pressure in the shower seemed to be pretty weak.

Beds were nice! 4 pillows of varying stiffness helped, esp for picky people like me who have a hard time sleeping on surfaces other than their own bed.

• Queen Room - Ground Floor

The only thing I found not up to par, was there were ants in the room around the dressers. I know being on the ground floor one could expect this. Maybe placing ant traps in the room.

I like having parking outside on my patio doors. Easy access for bring in luggage. Being there for 10 days I did not required my room to be cleaned every day. The cleaning staff supplied my wife and I towels and hand cloths when requested. We kept the room as clean as we keep our house. The breakfast was okay.

• Queen Room - Top Floor

Property was good ...booking.com was so good you guys did not process my reservation properly..got to the hotel and they had no reservation for me ..lucky I had the email

• Queen Room - Ground Floor

We just recently stayed at the Comfort Inn for 3 nights. Our room was amazing! I work in the hotel industry so I pay attention to detail, cleanliness, environment etc... My husband is from Hamilton, so he knew the neighborhood its located in. A 5 min drive to Walmart, 10 min walk to a mall, several other businesses surrounding it for all sorts of needs. We only had breakfast once during our stay, only because neither of us are morning eaters but wanted to check it out, was decent, good assortment of options. The staff was very friendly and always helpful to anyone I saw them have any interaction with. We will definitely stay there again!!!

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Queen Room - Top Floor

The beds were super hard, had a sore back every morning. Honestly if it had been a comfy bed I would stay here all the time because everything else was great but sleeping is a priority when I'm away and I didn't get much here unfortunately:(

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

Didn't care for the eggs or hot meat, but a free breakfast is a free breakfast!

The staff was wonderful -- so helpful and friendly. I really liked the hotel. Found it very clean, bed was comfortable, and it was pretty close to everything I wanted to see.

• Queen Room - Ground Floor

Spending almost 400.00 dollars on two rooms and getting charged 2.99 for a bottle of water We have been staying there regular for the past 6 months Going to try best western

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

carpet was stained in room found clothes from previous client mold in sink in bathroom air conditioner/heater full--and I mean full!!-of dust ceiling vent full of dust as well bath tub had hair from previous client

staff was great..friendly helpful and polite, the only reason I didnt complain.Breakfast was pretty good except the scrambled eggs tasted like powdered ones!!

• Queen Room - Ground Floor

My wife did state the morning eggs aren't the greatest, but again its a free breakfast with a variety of options. For any item we didn't care for, they offered another item that did the trick of a morning breakfast.

Pretty much everything. The staff was great, the room were fine, the breakfast was free, the parking was on site and the location to stores and restaurants was perfect. I read other reviews complaining about the small breakfast nook, or not having a pool, and even not being close to Niagara Falls. Those are correct, but the hotel is located where booking.com advertises and offers only but all the things advertised on this site. Will stay again for sure.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Queen Room - Top Floor

All of our needs were met including a pleasant staff, so what is not to like ?

Accommodations were comfortable, quiet & clean ... breakfast was very good ! Location is easy to get to.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Seams like the bathroom could use a bit better scrubbing. I am pick about these things with having allergies. Sunken sinks can build up problems where they meet. After our shower seemed to be a residue in the tub, not sure is just the water and soap that you provide.

Always enjoy the friendly staff. We find they answer question promptly and willing to assist. The evening clerk always remember who we are and can suggest places to go that we even get a discount at.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

We changed rooms when we got there because the tv wasn't working. In the new room the tub wouldn't drain, the toilet kept running and the room needed updating.

The staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

The bath tub & sink, the water was not going down to well. There was a block in the piping some where. Forgot to mention it to the front desk. A lot of noise in the hall with people talking but I did not call the front desk. Over all the stay was pretty good.

I did like being on the ground floor. It was where I booked. Could just step outside for a smoke.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Very close to where I live

It's very close to where I live. Had an incident earlier this year with one of the staff and decided not to come back to the hotel but after couple of months I decided to go back and thank god she wasn't there. I usually rent a room twice a month or so and I think I will be back there

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

Breakfast was unappealing so we ate out. Other guests were very discourteous talking loudly and laughing outside our door at 1:30 a.m.

Beds were extremely comfortable. Staff very friendly.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Queen Room - Ground Floor

bathroom wasnt very clean, shower head is loose, carpets were stained. windows dirty (hand and fingerprints). TV is crappy

breakfast service lady was wonderful--friendly, attentive, full of smiles. bed seemed clean

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Queen Room - Top Floor

Stain on couch, drain in bathtub was plugged, breakfast only until 10 so can't comment as we didn't make it in time...smell overwhelming when walked into room, maybe air freshener or a strong cologne? Bed was ok. Staff was pleasant.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

The space between the bed and desk was tight; tub drain seemed to be partially plugged; latch on bathroom door was not working and the door squeaked loudly.

Pillows were adequate, room was clean. Breakfast offering was better than many, but eating area was small, tight. Check in and out were efficient and accurate.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Queen Room - Ground Floor

the whole property is aging, Breakfast area narrow but no real issue

a complete service range. from coffee to parking, wi-fi and room amenities, fridge and micro wave, even enough desk space for work. It is just complete and the busy traveler lacks nothing

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Queen Room - Top Floor

The customer service was poor, one particular lady was grumpy. And wouldn't accommodate early check which was inconvenient - I had to attend a wedding.( reason for my booking)

Free Parking smoke free facility Location

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Queen Room - Top Floor

We had forgotten a suite jacket from a tux we had rented, the lady at the front desk had a maid search the room and held it for pick up at the front desk.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Queen Room - Top Floor

walked into "no smoking" room, immediately got a headache; it smelled like cigs or cigars. Mostly because of old, worn out AC unit that was dirty.

bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Queen Room - Top Floor

The road sign is a little obstructed by trees, but that's ok after you've been there once!

great staff and room! The breakfast area is wonderful and so is the food! Great value for money and we'll definitely be back next time we're in the area.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

The breakfast room was way too small for the number of guests. The kitchen help couldn't keep up with the throng of people all coming at once.

Bed was comfy and nice thick towels. Handy having a fridge

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

I was unable to use my key card to re-enter hotel from any other door except the main entryway. Not wheelchair accessible.

Surprisingly tasty and varied "free" breakfast, with a number of healthy choices and little added touches like sliced lemons in chilled ice water available in the lobby at all hours. Plus free daily newspaper. Good security and lighting throughout premises.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Our teenage grandkids were very upset that there was no pool. I assumed since we had always chosen Comfort Inns that there would be one available. We had driven for over 8 hrs. and they were exhausted and looking forward to relaxing in the pool. That really set the kids vacation off to a bad start. We weren't there for a long stay so I have no other comments but will make sure to research more the next time I book.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

A swimming pool would be good as would a kettle in the room.

The room was big enough for us both. The breakfast was good and staff friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Queen Room - Ground Floor

ii requested a early check in because i had surgery the Wednesday before i called them 3 times in the morning and they couldn't help me was very disappointed

Little dated

Convenient location

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

Shower! Did not drain well at all

Location/proximity

• Queen Room - Top Floor

2 people knocking at door at 4:00am (wrong room)

Location and close to shopping and QEW

Small place for breakfast

I'm glad that you hired people from Bosnia

• Queen Room - Top Floor

It was an okay hotel but much too expensive for what you get/the location.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Smelled a bit milldewy. Could use new carpets.

Good breakfast, 2 sliding doors to patio made it feel more secure in first floor.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

The bathroom was gross hair still in the tub

The breakfast was good but area was small

• Queen Room - Top Floor

Heating system was a little noisy.

We were completely satisfied.

• Queen Room - Top Floor

The bed was too hard for my wife so had to get a duvet to put on the bed

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

The smoky smell of the room bother us.

The staff were amazing, the front desk were very friendly and helpful.

• Queen Room - Top Floor

Time for some new style in room coffee making machines.(Out Dated) Stayed many of times but this room had an odder of mustiness.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

No one in the lobby when we came to check in we waited over five mins for reception to arrive

The morning staff were helpful and super pleasant

Felt dirty

Earlier breakfast

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

I didn't like that the manager couldn't lower the price due to the reason of stay cause I booked thro u guys.

Nice and clean place

Nice place the staff was good

• Queen Room - Top Floor

Wifi was very poor, very little water pressure in shower.

Very nice staff, very clean, nice room and bed.

• Queen Room - Top Floor

To date, (Jan. 13/18), I have not receive the refund to the incidental amount paid for from my Visa.

• Queen Room - Top Floor

Check in need credit card or no check in

Good and clean

Everything was excellent

Liked everything

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Our rooms heating was tricky to operate.

Close to highway.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

Clean and convient to food & shopping

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Top Floor

The bed was very comfy, the bathrooms for quite nice

• Queen Room - Top Floor

The room was spotless the staff friendly and helpfull

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

Friendly staff and very clean and quiet .

• Queen Room - Top Floor

The air was stale and would not work. So stuffy, woke up feeling miserable and exhausted. Would never go back.

The breakfast was fine.