Reviews of Comfort Inn Highway 401 3 stars

55 Warne Crescent, K7K 6Z5 Kingston, Canada

#13 of 26 hotels in Kingston

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The check-in service. I booked a room with 2 double beds for our family of 4. Because of traffic we arrived a little before 11:00 pm. The front desk clerk told us he only had a room with a queen bed. He was rude and condescending. He told us that if we didn't want it, good luck finding another room in Kingston on that specific date and time. No excuses. Luckily the night clerk arrived at 11:00 pm and offered to bring a cot to our room.

The breakfast buffet was delicious, with good quality food.

• Queen Room

Reception staff were a disaster. Couldn't find our reservation. Couldn't answer our questions that one would normally ask on check-in.

Housekeeping staff were the best thing,saving the hotel from a poorer rating.

• Queen Room -Ground Floor

There was a little musty smell in the room maybe because the property was old.

Very friendly staff and amazing hot breakfast. Overall had a great time there and will definitely visit again

• Queen Room -Ground Floor

I’ve stayed at so many comfort inns and it is always the same breakfast. It would be nice to have something different even if just on the weekends. I stayed at a place in Nova Scotia (not the comfort) where we could go out the sliding door and lock it from outside. That was so convenient.

Lots of pillows Hair dryer Coffee all day

• Queen Room

Just a quick stopover stay. Everything was spotless and comfortable. Nice to have such a clean spot to stay and also be able to have our dog with us.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Upper Floor

Pillows very uncomfortable, too soft and small.

Staff were very friendly, helpful and professional. Room was very clean and good value for money. Breakfast great.

Nothing comes to mind.

The bed was perfect. Great mattress. We wanted a hot breakfast and you provided that. The room was quiet. No smell of smoking. Thank you

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

When I opened the closet there was the shorts of the man who stayed in the room before me. Couldn't help to think what else wasn't clean.

Bed was comfortable

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Upper Floor

It is located in behind the Swiss Chaletand is easy to miss the road where you need to turn. When you are leaving and wish to turn onto the main road, there is a median. You need to go right and get turned around at the lights.

Very convenient location just off the 401. There is a Swiss Chalet within walking distance.

• Queen Room -Ground Floor

Heating in the room was impossible to adjust, control knob was missing, and fan was too loud and annoying. The room was too hot at first, but by morning it was very cold.

Walk out from room to car.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Upper Floor

A bit pricey. And we had the surprise of the extra 10$ charge for bringing a pet, which was not at all clearly stated when booking. Also, breakfast was disappointing: not too much choice, and quality (especially the waffles) was pretty low.

Clean and right by the highway, as we had just to make a stop between Toronto and Montreal.

• Queen Room

As well as a mechanically noisy ice machine nearby and a loud buzzing pop machine in the staircase area the noisy room heating system was sleep disturbing. If it belongs to them get Pepsi to replace that annoying screetching pop machine tout suite.

breakfast - quick check-in - proximity to hwy

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was not a thing we didn't like. When we went in the room the heat was turned up too high but that was an easy fix,turn it off and opened the door.No problem.

Liked the location,we had our granddaughter up to visit Queens University and we were a five minute drive away. There was great restaurants and shopping within walking distance. The front desk staff were wonderful ! The breakfast was great, couldn't ask for more for the price.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Upper Floor

We were initially placed in a room that smelled funny and has 3 holes on the wall. The staff were nice to accommodate our request to change rooms.

Staff were friendly & accommodating.

• Queen Room

I must say that the bedding had a funny smell, as well as our room in general which was off-putting. And the guests in the room below us didn't honor the No Smoking policy. If you're looking for a place to lay your head at night this is the place, just don't expect any frills.

Overall, our stay was decent. The water was warm, parking was readily available, and the room was fairly priced. Plus there are a ton of places to eat around the hotel. Waffle breakfast was tasty.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Upper Floor

Housekeeping should have left coffee/creamer for the second day while in the room replacing towels. Wash backs of doors...

Clean room , comfy beds, LOTS of pillows. :)

• Queen Room

breakfast area was way too small for amount of people trying to make breakfast at the same time; hard to get a table; too hard to get in to try and make breakfast; very crowded

I loved the location; easy access to the highway and plenty of restaurants within walking distance

• Queen Room -Ground Floor

My room smelled like smoke and so did the room my parents stayed in. I was told that it hadn't been a smoking room for 10years . It took me a while to fall asleep due to the smell and I woke up with flem in my throat. I am a non smoker and very sensitive to the smell of smoke. That is very poor on behave of the comfort inn. I'm sure they are aware and don't do anything about it.

• Queen Room

Hard to find the exit from 401, I took the downtown exit and lost myself. Thanks to Google map I as able to navigate to your hotel. Otherwise nice place

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Upper Floor

Breakfast wasn't great, but it was free.

Great location for a stop over on the way to Montreal. Lots of options out of the hotel for a quick breakfast, if you don't fancy the hotel breakfast.

• Queen Room

No elevator and no accessible button on the door, watched one man struggle to get his wife up the stairs because she had a hard time walking. They had requested a first floor room but were given a 2nd floor and told there was no option.

• Queen Room

That there was a room mix up to begin with. I was glad the guest were not in their room when we entered.

Helpful staff. The room we were assigned had other guests in it due to a mix up from previous employee at the front desk. The cleaning staff that saw us go in and out, said that we could have the room they were cleaning and that we could leave our belongings there. When I got to the front desk to exchange the pass cards, she already had the info and by the time I got back the room was all ready for us.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Upper Floor

The hotel was in the perfect spot for us - food was available by walking across the road and had several restaurants to choose from. We travelled with our dog and enjoyed the fact that we could sit right outside our room with him.

Nothing really.

This property is quite close to Highway 401 but it is still very quiet. There is ample parking on site. The room was a good size and was clean. All the usual amenities were provided including a small fridge. A reasonable breakfast was provided in the morning which is common for many of these properties. It was busy but not overly crowded and there were some tables outside which helped with any overflow. Obviously this would not be an option during cold weather. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Queen Room

Does not have a wheelchair accessible entrance. When some of the staff saw me struggle to get through the doors they just laughed. My wife is disabled. It is not disabled friendly. Room was really too small for wheelchair accessibility. Toilet too low. Rooms were not very clean.

Easy to get to

• Queen Room

There was only English muffins and white bread at breakfast. No bagels or pastry. There was a large centipede on the wall above the bed in rm. 201 when my son and his fiancé arrived to their rm. With booking .com we realized afterwards that we could not cancel. I would have booked directly with comfort inn if I had realized this. I probably could have gotten the same rate with CAA and being a senior.

Staff were cheerful and welcoming

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Upper Floor

No elevators so carrying baggage up flights of stairs, room had a damp smell, doors carry every little sound from the hallway, breakfast times end too early

Acces from the highway was the only good point

• Queen Room

Beds could have been a tad softer.

The young man who checked us in was very friendly and efficient. Even offered to bring out bags up to the second floor. Much appreciated.

• Queen Room

Breakfast could have been a bit better. Sausage looked under-cooked and undesirable. Home fries (not french fries) would have been nice along with some Danishes.

Access to highway. Quietness of room. Negotiated room rate at location.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Upper Floor

This hotel served it's purpose it is old and tired and in need of a facelift room was small it didn't meet the standards of other comfort inns that we have stayed at throughout our travels I expected more for the cost of the room

Breakfast was great! Staff was friendly it was easy on and off the highway it was old but clean

• Queen Room

Location was good.the bed was too hard, pillows too soft and the air conditioner was very noisy and would not shut off from the thermostat on the wall so from 3 am on we did not sleep.

• Queen Room

Only thing wrong -- found a big silverfish [?] in our room in the morning. Everything else was great.

Nice big room. They moved us from 2nd floor to ground floor at my request -- no extra charge. Plenty of places to eat within walking distance. Very good breakfast. Easy to drive to the downtown.

• Queen Room

The rate was increased 100% because of an event in the city. That place is only worth $80 per night, regardless of what's going on in the city or what availability is.

Comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Queen Room

There was some left over food containers in the fridge. I didn't realize I was mainly used by Transport and Conscrution workers, a bit noisy with the vehicles.

Staff greeted you at each meeting with a smile. Breakfast was OK and had all the varieties, not too crowded when I ate. Close to a variety of food shops and the 401.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Upper Floor

i had an operation on my knees and would have liked to stay on the ground floor but i was told for the price i was paying i could only stay on the second floor and it would cost more money. no elevator two sets of stairs not bad.

the bed was ok, we had two double beds, and we used both my wife and i.ii

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Queen Room

When hotel is booked through a 3rd party website you should be treated the same way as all other guests, not any different. Hotel was filled with construction/hwy workers who are quite loud in the mornings, starting from anytime after 5 am. Going for Breakfast in the "Breakfast Room" was an experience. I was the only women in a room of men, some of which were wearing what they slept in. (Tank tops and old ripped shorts). It was overwhelming. Staring and talking very loudly. I left and went back to my room and came back out to the breakfast room around 8:30 am hoping that they were all gone. It was like trying to eat breakfast at a frat house. When I got there, food was scarce and cold. 1st night I was there, I used the bathroom. Toilet paper roll was almost empty. I had to change it immediately and when I did, the TP holder fell off. I mentioned it to housekeeping and was told just to push it back on with force.

The only shining light at this hotel was the lady behind the counter when I checked in. I didn't get her name. It was around 5:30 pm on April 25, 2017. When I booked online, I made special requests for a floor level room and handicap parking. When I got there, I was booked on the 2nd floor. I have medical issues and cannot climb stairs. I was told at that time that there was no elevator. A man who was also checking in told me that he would carry my bags up for me. He did, but my room keys wouldn't work. It took me 15 mins to get down the stairs and back to the front desk. When I got there, the lady at the front desk saw that I was in obvious distress. She immediately looked for a 1st floor room. She escorted me to my room to sit down and she went upstairs and got my bags for me. She was an angel.

• Queen Room

Although the room was clean there was an odd smell in the room. Not bad, but hard to miss.

We were early for breakfast but still were able to eat. Very friendly.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Queen Room -Ground Floor

I left one of my personal belongings there and thought the hotel would have contacted me. Have not heard from them

It was very clean, friendly, comfortable and quiet. Had a good nights rest. I'll be back frequently

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Queen Room

I came from torontonand before i came i called forward to let them know i was using my brothers credit card the email of apporval from my brother was sent as they requested i arrive in kingston at midnight tiredd went to my room to receive a call statinh the card isnt working i had to be called back down stairs at 1am exhausted from my trip over things i thought u guys could have check amd make sure before i even got there

Breakfast was great

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Upper Floor

Expensive for what we got and tho it was nice to have breakfast, the eggs were like rubber probably would have been better doing scrambled and the breakfast staff was short and unfriendly.

Loved the check in desk lady. Real nice.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Upper Floor

Shower did not drain well. Our room was not cleaned in the first day and we left at 9:30am.

Good proximity to highway. Gave me a shower cap when requested.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Upper Floor

Air was not fresh walking in. Room cold. Bathroom cold also. Bathroom floor ice cold and uncomfortable, and stayed that way overnight.

good location, nice breakfast , friendly staff

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Upper Floor

The stairs were smelly and dirty even though the Inn has been renovated. The increase in price from the last time I stayed six months ago isnt warrented

Breakfast was great, lots of choices and area very nice

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Queen Room

Better quality toilet paper needed. Did not sleep all night. Bed sheets were too heavy to easily make into a double sheet that was not too hot. Coffee heater does not heat water to a high enough temperature for tea.

...Breakfast was OK.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Upper Floor

Hotel extremely hard to find, well hidden and poor directional signage. Breakfast attendant not very attentive.

Staff friendly ,front desk very helpful

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Queen Room

Sports teams sitting in the hallways drinking. Front desk clerk made us feel we were an inconvience when we checked in.

Water was hot, bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Queen Room -Ground Floor

Housekeeping never got to our room when we left for the day. No we did not leave a sign on the door to not clean the room. Did not have fresh towels for the next night.Walls were thin. You were able to hear conversations through the walls.

Staff were phenomenal and very friendly.

• Queen Room

Our toilet would not flush so my husband went down to speak to someone and although they sent someone up to fit it when we went to use it again it would not flush again so every time we used the toilet we had to take the tank top off and get it to flush that way. When I check out the next morning I told the girl they had a serious problem with the toilet and all she said was maintenance would not be in until Monday morning. Not impressed

Not much

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Queen Room

Breakfast area was very crowded between 9:30am - 10:30am. Very small area with oversized tables for that space. The layout could be much better. There's always a long lineup for the waffle station. People who linedup for waffles are actually bumping on people who are sitting on bar stools having their breakfast.

Bed was comfortable, very clean room. We had a drainage issue with the bathtub on the 2nd floor room#256. Water took forever to empty from the tub. Good hotel to stay for the 2 nights we were there. Love the fact that the King's Crossing Fashion Outlet is 3 mins. walk(just next door) :)

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Upper Floor

The room (carpet) was very dusty, we were sneezing a few moments after we entered the room. Also there was a toothbrush (unopened) and a fresh apple under the table near the fridge. I wonder why the cleaner did not see them...? Additionally, the room had such thin walls, unfortunately, the people next door to us were very loud until late into the midnight hours and it was so hard to sleep as we can hear their TV, their conversation and laughter, as if they were in the same room as us. Also, the room was located near the stairway door, so you can hear every opening and banging of the door... I suggest that the hotel pad the walls for noise reduction OR lower the price for this type of rooms, it should be much lower than the rest of the hotel as the noise level at high traffic area is really bothersome, luck of the draw, but having a noisy next door guests made it even worse.

The location was close to where we needed to go in Kingston and there were lots of fast food restaurants to choose from for a quick meal. Breakfast and free parking were also good perks of this hotel.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Upper Floor

The breakfast was not great. Juice machine was in need of repair. Breakfast hot items did not taste or look fresh. I stuck to bagel and peanut butter.

Air continuing in room was not working properly. At !0pm front desk clerk prepared another room across the hall. This is excellent customer service.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Upper Floor

we have no complaints whatsoever regarding our stay.

we were more than satisfied with all aspects of our brief stay in Kingston. The quality of the linens and the comfort of the beds were very good!

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Upper Floor

The room looked good on the surface but cleanliness wasn't a strong point, a thorough cleaning on a weekly basis would make a big difference. Upgrading of the TV and instructions on the use of the remote would be helpful.

Room would be more comfortable with another chair and an elevator to the 2nd flr, carrying bags up a set of stairs is difficult for seniors. Location very good, close to highway and a good choice of reasonably priced places to eat.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Queen Room

Contrats for your excellent customer service Your breakfast is fantastic especially the personel doing the service of the breakfast. The lady serving is so professionnel and know how to attract customers by the quick service and the quality of the food. We and our friends will come back.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Queen Room

The clerk behind the counter answered the phone 3 times as we were standing there to register for our room. I was glad it didn't ring a 4th time.

The room was clean and the breakfast satisfactory. Great location.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• Queen Room -Ground Floor

The toilet overflowed massively into the room and carpet and into the hall. We barely got our belongings off the floor before they were contaminated. We had to walk thru raw sewage and ruin our shoes to get out. Staff said someone flushed something bad down. Not us! They must not have cleaned toilet between guests or they would have discovered that before we came in and used it.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Upper Floor

Arrived and walked past a worker 2 times, she did not say hi or acknowledge any of us. Turned out she was the front desk clerk. This was not a very good first impression. We checked in at 10 pm and It was clear that our room wasn't vacuumed as there were a bunch of nail clippings right beside the bed and visible dust build up along the ledges and vents. Disappointed as there was plenty of time to clean/check that the room was cleaned properly. I tried to look past the outdated feel of the hotel as it was cheap and we were just staying the night and leaving in the morning. Can't say I will stay at a comfort inn again knowing that they may not have very good cleaning standards.

Good location. Close to malls and variety of food locations. Easy access to highway. Breakfast was good for a free breakfast.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Queen Room -Ground Floor

One of the two rooms rented stunk of smoke. I asked for two double beds in a room and got a bed and sofa bed (not comfortable.) Breakfast was minimal, not at all like other Comfort Inns we've stayed in.

The handicapped room was well equipped.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Queen Room

Staff and people staying at hotel were allowed to smoke by the front lobby out doors. every time I had to enter or leave I , I would have to walk though a smoke cloud.and they front entry was covered with cigarette butts. Also by putting a couple small tables and chairs out side, that was asking staff and guest to smoke. The breakfast area did not have enough sitting. We had booked four nights. We also had to ask them to make up the bed and to remove the garbage from our room.

I liked the pillows.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Queen Room -Ground Floor

We were in a room with a door to an adjoining room and we could easily hear everything the women next to us were saying, they were quite loud! Could use better insulation between rooms to block out sound.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms smelled. Very outdated. Centipede crawling on wall.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Upper Floor

Front desk was small. Wait to check in even with only a few guests in line.

Close to dining, movies, highway, beer store.

No elevator. Over priced

Clean. Good breakfast.

• Queen Room -Ground Floor

I booked the room through booking.com and friends of mine booked through the hotel and got a much better rate than me.

Easy access to the HWY

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I would have preferred to have some exercise equipment available at the Hotel

The staff was excellent the room was clean and there was a breakfast

• Queen Room

Staff was very welcoming. Early riser so thankful breakfast was available at 6 a.m..

• Queen Room

Nice pillows and a good breakfast provided!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Upper Floor

I like almost everything about you should think about the elevator in the future.

the bed was comfortable

It was great

All good

Easy to get to from 401. Fast check out

Hispitality

• Queen Room -Ground Floor

We lost clothes and the staff did not nothing go find it

Good for a couple or alone

Good

Clean

• Queen Room -Ground Floor

Location right by restaurants, hwy 401 easily accessible Staff gave us a room discount as we were a team.