Reviews of Comfort Inn Kenora 3 stars

1230 Highway 17 East, P9N 1L9 Kenora, Canada

#4 of 7 hotels in Kenora

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Other Comfort Inns we stayed in were better organized and cheaper
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Internet works only in rooms near the reception, i had to go down to the reception area to get my e-mails and make other bookings. Breakfast could be extended to 10 am instead of 9.30, although we arrived at 8.45 , yogurt was already out and unavailable while eggs in omelette style gone too were to reappear 15 minutes later...

The usual comfort and cleanliness expected from inns of that chain . Location is quite ok ,

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Exactly what I was wanting/needing.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

Hotel was exactly what I expected/was looking for when booking. It is good value and the sliding patio doors makes it extremely convenient when traveling with pets. The location was perfect for my needs.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

4.5
    Staff was very friendly and did what they could do under the...

Renovations was done regarding patio doors and the silicone caulking the used the smell entered our room our dog was even sneezing and it lasted till the second day they were booked and could not put us in another room nor did they give us a discount. Will not be going there again.

Staff was very friendly and did what they could do under the circumstances.

How Rude!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very rude staff member who didn't let us have breakfast 10 minutes before it was over because she was putting it all away. When we wanted to take some muffins and fruit with us she didn't want us to do that either. She also made some very rude comments and was very unprofessional. Not someone that I'd like as the face of my company!

Staff was extra friendly and helpful.

More parking is needed.

Staff was extra friendly and helpful. Bed was comfortable, breakfast was fantastic and the lady who manages that area...is a true gem!

A nice place
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hook on the bathroom door was poorly mounted which made it merely unusable. An only chair in a two person room is not enough. The card key system used in the hotel is darn unreliable. We could hardly ever use it to enter the building through one of the three doors, and it stopped working at all the second day.

Everything was neat and clean, the breakfasts were delicious and varied enough, and included a main course (usually some kind of eggs and meat), wafers, yoghurt, cereal, cakes, coffee, and fruits. We found the freezer, the coffee machine and the microwave in our room quite useful.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Good. I would book it again if we get to Kenora again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathtub cleanliness was iffy but we did not need it that night.

The beds were very comfortable. It was quiet at our end and the air conditioning worked well. The breakfast was all we could ask for.🙂

Good...only thing missing is a pool.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking - Upper Floor

The AC wasn't on when we arrived in our room and the setting was so low...that the room was warm and humid. Also the doors could close quieter as when other travelers were leaving...the doors slam very loud. Parking was a bit limited too. The corner when you first pull into the parking lot is a blind corner...not great.

The staff was (front desk and the lady preparing breakfast) helpful and kind. The beds were comfortable. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Janet's opinion
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

I liked the comfortable bed and clean environment. The friendly and courteous staff. I felt safe staying there and now that I know it is a pet friendly place I will definitely stay there again when traveling with my little dog. The breakfast was fantastic with so many choices!

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Free breakfast staff seems rude when I pick up some...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Free breakfast staff seems rude when I pick up some breakfast for my wife. Even thought, there's no sign that mention you cann't take the food out of the breakfast area.

I wouldn't stay here again!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

There was no air flow in the room, no screens to open a door without getting bugs. No temperature control in the room, was extremely hot and muggy and hard to sleep. Fan in bathroom didn't work well. The carpet felt moist. Towels and clothing that were hung up stayed wet for our whole 3 night stay. We chose this hotel because it was claimed that we would have access to the waterpark, upon our arrival we were told it's shut down for the summer (false advertising). Wish we would've kept our original reservation at the Clarion.

The welcoming lady that made the breakfast was super nice! The food was also good!!

The staff were extremely friendly Nd accommodating
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

Our toilet ran the entire time. We had an event the first night we arrived, so did not spend much time in our room, next day we opened the curtains, and found that our first floor patio doors were not even locked. Shocking that that is not checked when cleaning the room.

The staff were extremely friendly Nd accommodating

2 and half out of 5 stars
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

They didnt tell me about all the deposits I mean who charges 100 dollars to pay with cash on and wasnt told about the animal deposit until I checked out in the morning and the morning clerk was rude and an idiot

Its clean and was comfortable

The beds, bedding and pillows were all very comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Only one chair in the room. No sheer curtains. It was necessary to keep the blackout curtains closed to have privacy.

The beds, bedding and pillows were all very comfortable.

Was overall a good stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

Didn't like the price increase just cause there was an event in kenora, room was almost doubled in price, not nice an not very fair.

I love the complimentary breakfast, the cleanliness and comfort.

Good location for the need to go to the Kenora Recreation Centre.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was a little late. We were in Kenora for a swim meet and my daughter had to be in the pool at the Recreation Centre by 7:30 a.m. She needed to have her breakfast at least an hour before. I had to buy breakfast for her. I could eat breakfast in the hotel though, food was good.

Comfortable stay. Good breakfast.

never again!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Front desk attendant was bubbly when serving the people in front of me. When serving me not very friendly! Room could have been vacuumed as there was food on the floor. There was no shower curtain or plug in the bathroom. Will never stay there again

Okay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

Didn’t like that they offer King Size Bed when you reserve and they don’t have any rooms with King size bed. Was a little disappointed.

Room was clean and quiet.

Disappointed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Heat wasn’t working properly during my 3 day stay in the winter with our baby. Old carpet, broken open at some spots, found a large screw on the floor. Printer didn’t work. Slow internet Breakfast area, staff didn’t fill in more food on time, so some customers had no yoghurt etc. No cream cheese available Small beds Patio doors on ground floor are so old and drafty, with broken locks barely closing. Staff not friendly or helpful at all

Nothing at all,

Hotel had no record of the reservation made thru booking.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel had no record of the reservation made thru booking.com and claimed several other recent occurrences of reservations not being received from booking.com. Fortunately the hotel had space available and was able to accommodate our stay. Other hotel reservations made thru booking.com did not experience any problems.

Will not go back.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking - Upper Floor

There is lot falling hair on bath room .it means not clean. The hall way to dark. Teach the front desk to be customer friendly. Card key wont prorerly work at the side door. Breakfast.. were is the bacon??. Sorry to tell the truth im not being rude.

Sleep and get out of there
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking - Upper Floor

After a long drive we were ready for shower and sleep but the washroom was not clean, there were previous guests hair on floor as you shut door, in the bath tub , previous gusts necklace piece on floor . I went to front desk and gal was nice to refund a bit off room We also realized the carpet was wet like it had been shampooed but still soaking wet . Would not recommend to anyone needing more than a sleep

I booked a room with 2 queen beds (picture of 2 queen beds...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

I booked a room with 2 queen beds (picture of 2 queen beds appeared on screen) but when I got to the room, it was a double bed with a pullout. The woman at the desk was very kind to switch rooms but said booking.com did that quite often. The staff and breakfast were both good but won't use this website again.

Old, but ok for 1 night stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Beds are very "used" or old. The whole hotel seems in need of an upgrade... really old...

Very nice breakfast! Wal mart and mc Donalds were close by....

Great staff! Very pleasant stay, no concerns. I'd stay again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed could have been larger. Seemed like a small size queen

I booked through Booking.com and when we arrived and the hotel did not have our reservation and mentioned that that was the only service provider they have had this trouble with.

I was able to get ground floor room with parking right...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

It was a bit of a hike to a restaurant and there were no sidewalks; should have driven.

I was able to get ground floor room with parking right outside with access via sliding patio doors. Staff was excellent. Bed was comfortable.

Room was dirty upon check in.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking - Upper Floor

Room was dirty upon check in. We stayed 2 nights and the room was not cleaned, beds unmade after the first night and no clean towels. I would not stay here again.

Disappointed
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

More effort into the cleaning. Also the ad on line is very misleading in that they advertise patio doors making the client believe that they had a patio. This was not the case. The patio doors were the entrance from the parking lot,

Breakfast was unidentifiable - hot portion. The rest was standard. The rooms needed an extra bit of care. Patio door windows were very dirty. Mirrors were dirty. Not what I expected at $210.00 per night!

Room was clean, bed was comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Check in and breakfast were both shambolic, the staff were hard working but there didn't seem to be enough of them to handle the workload, especially during breakfast

Room was clean, bed was comfortable.

The front counter staff were very friendly.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

We had booked a non smoking and the room we had reeked of smoke so badly we were afraid to leave our suitcases open. For that price point we expected clean and fresh.

The front counter staff were very friendly.

Adequate accommodation.. Rude reception at arrival.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Upon check in one of reception staff was very curt and quite rude. I encountered her a few more times during our stay and the rudeness endured. I am a hospitality professional and consequently aware when travelling of the attitudes of the colleagues and the details of our experience.

It was nice to have coffee available in the breakfast room all throughout the day. Also fresh fruit available at breakfast was a nice touch.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Clean and friendly
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The additional cost for having our dog with us.

Location was great. The rooms were very clean and had amazing air conditioning. Beds and pillows were comfy. Staff was friendly. Free parking. The breakfast was delicious.

Not impressed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

Had to park down the road in a Canadian tire parking lot. There was no parking spots left and there was a couple of big trucks parked sideways in the hotel parking lot. Was. It comfortable at 12 midnight walking up the street with suitcases. Also one of us had to sleep in the truck as we were nervous it would get stolen

Not much really

Bed was comfortable with
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The wife said it smelled a little musty but I thought it was fine..

Bed was comfortable with modern updates. The continental breakfast was great, giving extra value for the price.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

The room was nice and clean.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking - Upper Floor

The building need some renovation.. The air conditioner is too loud, we had to turn it off for the night

The room was nice and clean. The breakfast was good. We stayed only for the night, so it was all good

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

lack of cleanliness made stay less than comfortable
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The first day I stayed the cleaning person did a fine job. The second day was a different story. I could tell that nothing had been vacuumed, no surfaces wiped clean, coffee station was not replenished, and the coffee that was left in my pot had been dumped out in the sink, but the sink had not been rinsed after so it was full of dry brown coffee residue. I have never before had cleaning staff actually make my room dirtier. The rooms appeared to have been renovated somewhat recently but the little couch in my room was obviously from before the renovation. It was old and out of date - which i don't really care very much about - but was dirty/stained to the extent that i didn't want to sit on it because it grossed me out. The wifi connection was pretty slow in my room. I was on the second floor and didn't know when booking that there was no elevator. I came for work and had a lot of stuff with me that i needed to load in and out daily in multiple trips.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating and there was a decent variety of breakfast options.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

If you ask for extra blankates they will call the police for you!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking - Upper Floor

The staff was very unhelpful, she called the police because I wanted two extra blankates and she was angry with booking.com as well..

It's strange that a big chain hotel like comfort inn put a staff like the one I met! First she welcomed us in a very sarcastic way! Then she was not answering the phone call pretending to be busy, so I had to go down to ask her for two extra blanketes, she refused, and she said that I saw you bringing extra blankate with your luggage, so I'll provide you with one blankate only.. I insisted and called the booking.com to complain, she didn't pick up the phone the first time, then she was forced to, she was fighting with booking.con and she said that she will call the police, which she did, the police came, they didn't know why she called them really, but they asked me not to ask her for extra blankate.. Any ways, my advice is not to go to that specific hotel..

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Great for dogs and breakfast!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was great. Staff was super helpful. Room access from sliding door to outside was a big benefit with a dog! Looking forward to staying again.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Nice one night stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Front staff were quick and polite. Bed was comfortable. room was clean and everything worked great, nice breakfast in the morning with lots to choose from

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Bed was good.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Flushing toilet was super finicky. The water jug in the lobby was continually empty. The business centre in the lobby was poor.

Bed was good. Layout of room with loveseat was good. There was a small window that opened. Shower was very good.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

very clean and comfortable

very clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Older property but acceptable.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

As above. A place to spend the night. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Older property but acceptable.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Very satisfactory accommodation.

A bit pricey for our budget. Higher than other Comfort Inns

Wonderful staff and great breakfast. Beautiful location.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Not a happy camper
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The fact the microwave was so dirty, the room was extremely small. And cold

The space/room and the breakfast was good.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

The price was very high for what we get.

The space/room and the breakfast was good. The location was good for what I needed.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Below average.

Room was old

Breakfast was good.

There was no elevator.

Breakfast was good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The carpet in the room needed a good scrub.

Enjoyed the stay we totally book this hotel again
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very nice hotel and the breakfast was great

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Prompt efficient service .
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

Prompt efficient service .

Very high priced for thisComfort inn and not as clean and...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking - Upper Floor

Very high priced for thisComfort inn and not as clean and updated like others we had stayed in on this same trip .

Nice comfortable rooms, good location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nice comfortable rooms, good location.

Could not turn off fan on air conditioner.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Could not turn off fan on air conditioner. Noisy all night

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Clean, friendly staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

Clean, friendly staff. Close to Tinkertown and the water slide park.

Not bad, but I wouldn't book it again!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They haven't a child crib! No elevator!

The bed was comfortable, and actually, I didn't take a breakfast.

Overpriced.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The vroim was not properly cleaned. Especially the bathroom . We had to call the front desk to figure out how to use the TV.

Easy to find.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Price was high for the accommodation style

Easy to find. Good location

Stunning all around!!

An excellent package.

Nice location
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

Was told by bookings.com website room was 2 double beds, did not mention that 1 bed was hidden in a couch.

Nice location

No bath towels and no extra toilet paper.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No bath towels and no extra toilet paper.

Person at front desk was very guick to resolve our issue.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking - Upper Floor

Bedding had not been changed and sink area had to be cleaned

Person at front desk was very guick to resolve our issue.

Could have been better.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The air conditioner banging during the night. Very loud. Could have cleaned the bathroom better. Shower was dirty.

Parking was close.

Staff were very friendly and helpful.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking - Upper Floor

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Made stay very pleasurable.

Hopefully my next stay will be better, witha cleaner room and better bed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

Room could’ve been cleaned better, theres was trash under the bed, and the bed was un even could’ve been fixed before renting it out.

Excellent Facility
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Sleep well room was updated and clean bed was comfortable and room was quiet best hotel in Kenora .
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

Water pressure but it was okay.

Comfortable bed clean room.

great options for breakfast

great options for breakfast

Bed was comfortable

Very relaxing and enjoyable

Nearly made and clean

Pillows

Clean/ quiet/free wifi / close to most things /
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

On phone reservation , so booked online .

Great breakfast room /breakfast person

Room 116 king size bed wore out got groves in the mattress

Room 116 king size bed wore out got groves in the mattress

Please with everything except the other customer's
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The noise other customers made running up & down the halls.

The friendly staff - The cleanliness of the Hotel & of the Room

I would come back 100%
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Amazing hot breakfast the hotel was very clean and comfortable over all good with nothing bad to say

Rooms were clean and complimentary breakfast was really good. All of the staff was really friendly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

New property. My friend left his medicine pack in breakfast room and the hotel staff was on top of everything.