Reviews of Comfort Inn Oshawa 2 stars

605 Bloor Street West, L1J 5Y6 Oshawa, Canada

#3 of 10 hotels in Oshawa

The location is convenient, rooms are comfortable, modern,...
    • King Room - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

The location is convenient, rooms are comfortable, modern, and really Clean ! Only place I stay when travelling to Oshawa ! Staff is amazing, and very friendly . Not to mention the breakfast ! 10/10

It was a great place to stay.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

Not having a pool for the kids.

Beds were comfortable. Location was great for us to get to the tournament games. Close to stores & restaurants. Main floor room was easier for me to access.

Better than expected

Actually well run place!

Breakfast, all you can eat and waffle maker:) Clean bathroom, two comfy pillows for each of us - soft at front and hard at the back.

Terrible
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that I was accompanied by two coworkers and had booked 3 rooms only to get there at 10:30 in the evening to 1 room. There were no other rooms to be had ,my credit card had been charged for 3 rooms and they said they tried calling my phone but the number they had wasn't the one I had given. Also I had to get on the phone for almost an hour the following day to get my money refunded for rooms I never received. I had to drive 3 hours back the following day on 2 hours sleep. Definitely not an experience I will repeat. Very dissappointed!

The hotel was relatively clean.

Woken up both stays, wont happen again as I won’t stay here anymore

I only get one weekend off a month and both times I’ve stayed here I’ve been woken up by first time a snowblower outside my room at 3AM, second time 9AM outside my room in hallway by industrial vacuum sucking up water on floor from upper level.

Comfy beds

MAJOR RIPOFF
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

did not like that I WAS BILLED 411 US 534.61CAD in February when I WAS quoted359.98 CAD NOT RECOMMENDED FROM ME WILL PASS THIS TO EVERY BODY I MAKE CONTACT WITH

breakfast was good

Friendly staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not impressed with breakfast. There were only three sausages left in the hot tray and a small amount of egg. Later some hash browns did arrive.

Friendly staff. Nice clean comfortable room.

Great for a short business trip
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Unfortunately I was able to hear pretty much everything going on in the other rooms and I'll let you imagine what they were doing! Really not ideal and definitely awkward.

Breakfast was great and the staff was very nice. Beds are comfortable, clean bathroom.

Great location beside the Go Train station, will stay here in the future!

Wicked smoke smell in the room which someone had tried to mask with air spray. The bathroom fan, when turned on, seemed to be the cause of the smoke smell.

Comfortable beds. Decent rooms. Clean.

Good value for money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Female staff member at check-in was fast, efficient and friendly - very important with late check-in after long day working and driving. Everything else was as expected for the price and location.

The hotel is very clean, staff members are extremely helpful...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

The hotel is very clean, staff members are extremely helpful and very polite , comfortable beds, spacious rooms, last but not least peace & quiet

Convenient Location and Comfortable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Big room. Facilities were fine. Breakfast smelled nicely. We could not get it as we started to early. Very convenient for catching GO trains from Oshawa.

Nice staff, good breakfast!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We got room that was not yet cleaned, trash everywhere. So we got a new room that came with a broke heater and the windows won’t properly close (it was -10 F) outside.

Nice staff, good breakfast!

Good

The room was cramped even for two people, but not much of an issue as we were only there long enough to have a sleep.

Breakfast included making it easy for us to get back on the road the next day

Clean room and a really great breakfast.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

The walls are paper thin and we could hear every sound from the rooms around us.

It was clean and convenient. The fridge and microwave in the room is great to have.

With the exception of no elevator was a pleasurable experience.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No elevator. This was not mentioned on on Booking website. I am almost 70 and had to navigate stairs to go to my room.

Staff was exceptionally courteous, friendly and accommodating.

Okay, wouldn't come back
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff were not polite at check in and they did not handle customer complaints very well. There was a group of people on the 2nd floor who had been making noise all night up to 4 am that were complained about earlier that night. This pretty much ruined my sleep

Breakfast was good and the lobby and hotel in general is clean

Brilliant
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

Bed and pillows were wonderful best week's sleep for ages. Good choice for breakfast. Like the idea of 24 hour tea/coffee. All staff were friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again and would recommend to friends and family.

A good place to stay with a convenient connection to downtown Toronto.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A little more variety in the breakfast menu would be good; e.g. plain quick oat cereal for those who don't like the brown sugar variety, whole wheat bread.

Location is perfect for my purposes; i.e. a short walk to the commuter train to where I wanted to go in Toronto. I liked that the person minding the breakfast area was willing to go to the sister hotel next door to get me a newspaper.

Perfect friendly clean
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

Nothing bad or negative to say !

I like the people who work there they are friendly. Had a billing problem and the man on nightshift fixed it and was nice about it. Love the stay the room where clean property

Ease of travel with being close to the 401 and other...

The desk was too big. Could hardly pull out the chair to sit down because it hit the second bed in the room.

Ease of travel with being close to the 401 and other amenities in the area.

Comfortable bed, clean rooms and efficient and friendly staff. Thank you!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When we arrived we had a small issue with our room, it was a non smoking room and the previous customers had covered the smoke detector so they could smoke in the room. The supervisor of house keeping and the front desk manager were fabulous and offered us another room. We were extremely pleased with our stay and will definitely return.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Comfortable and Convenient
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We experienced problems with the TV - the power cord was not connected to the set. Also the heat and cool settings on the HVAC were reversed. It took us a while to figure that out.

The room was updated and did not have that worn look.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Overall we had a pleasant stay and would highly recommend this motel to anyone
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We didn't have a place to hang clothes in our room and used the door hinge to hang our dress clothes on.

Egg wraps were delicious. Staff were friendly and helpful

The beds were comfy and the staff was super nice.

Because there were no closets maybe some hooks to hang clothing.

The beds were comfy and the staff was super nice. I would definitely go back and recommend to others.

Great stop along the way

Reaching second floor takes a while.

Great stop along the way. Quiet comfortable rooms. Great complementary breakfast. Helpful staff all hours of the day(&night)

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

One happy cx.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nothing. Wouldn't change a thing.

Close to the mall, restaurants, gym, the hotel itself was clean and the staff is honestly amazing. Very professional and kind.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Convient fairly priced like facilities eg pool and laundry plus continental breakfast
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Out dated and carpets are unclean and bathrooms need to be redone. Especially the showers.

Liked the waffles and that there r still smoking rooms available.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Relaxing and enjoyable
    • King Room - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

Could not complain about anything. Staff was great and helpful. My room was not ready when I checked in, so they offered me another room that was twice the size. Would definately stay there again and it will be my first choice.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Good and bad
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Unfortunatelly, on the second night, People in the next room were exceptionally noisy both in the hall way and outside the patio doors. I called several time and the night manager tried to alleviate the problem. He did offer to move me but I was uncomfortable to leave all my things. The Motel did reimburse me for half the room cost... On an amusing note, when I got up the next morning, there was a huge handwritten note on their door saying DO Not Disturb. they had late check out

Breakfast was great. Unexpectedly so. -- Hot scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon, and 4 juices started the day well.. All the staff from the reception area to housekeeping staff, to breakfast staff were wonderful. Location was good and not too hard to find.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Great value will return.

Chairs uncomfortable.

Difficult to control room temperature went from very cold to sauna like. However would still stay here again great value, very clean, and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

EASY ACCESS TO VIA RAIL IN OSHAWA
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

For the first time we were in a room that was once a smoking room and smelled like it - still. Could have asked to be moved but didn't bother. Did mention it when checking out. Will specifically ask for non smoking next time.

Closeness to VIA RAIL as we travelled to Quebec by train. We travel regularly by train to Dorval in the winter time and drive down from our home, leave the car in the lot of Comfort Inn Oshawa and it's always there when we return😀.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

Overall we had a great stay!

Fridge wasn't turned on before we got there so we had to wait for it to get cold. I would suggest putting an ice machine on every floor instead of just the 1st floor. They should have instructions on how to use the air conditioner. They should have stir sticks for the tea and coffee in the room as there were none.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was very clean and comfortable. Location was great, right off the highway. Breakfast was included.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

upon check in the staff was really helpful.

There is nothing I didn't like!

upon check in the staff was really helpful. They accommodated me to the best of their ability. Rooms were really clean, and spacious. Comfortable beds, quiet environment . Breakfast was amazing and so was the lounging area .

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

I would probably stay again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parts of the hotel need paint, renovations, etc.

We were in Oshawa because of the hospitalization of a family member.We were very tired and the beds and pillow were very comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Towels need to be softer and more of them.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room needed more light (maybe a floor lamp) in corner near air conditioner.

Towels need to be softer and more of them. Breakfast was just ok nothing special.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

HOUSE KEEPING IS AWESOME!

the free breakfest wasnt great, and not well stocked the bread was frozen. no vending machines to get snacks or drinks and kitchen was closed right after breakfest, not near a store to buy drinks or bottle water making no vending machines a bit of a pain. not enough towels for a family of 4 only 2 towels each day so we constantly had to ask for more towels or share wet towels. I hated seeing house keeping on their hands and knees scrubbing the floors by hand with rags no mops as the management said it gets cleaner, having the break their backs like that was not cool made sure i tipped my cleaning staff real well.

the staff was very nice. they helped us carry bags to our room and accomadated a toddler. House keeping worked very hard they deserve a raise. loved that they called us cabs so we would not be paying long distance and loved that the girls at the desk took the time to make sure we were having a great weekend. taled to us like we were family. when we had trouble with bookings.com they took care of it with ease and made our stay much better. Even gave us a later check out so we did not have to sit for long period of time at the train station with a toddler.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Check in staff was friendly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Ice machine in lobby broken, no sign indicating such. Informed by front desk staff that it was broken after another guest brought attention to me. Solution from the front desk staff was to walk across the parking lot to the best western for ice as their machine was not broken. Map of the hotel indicates a ice machine on 2nd floor as well as lobby, this is incorrect. Only ice machine is in the lobby.

Check in staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

The room was very clean.
    • King Room - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

The room was right next to the lobby. The room was not sound proof. Every time the lobby door was opened and closed it was heard in our room. We would hear everyone talking as they were going through the door. It started just after 5:30 am. I suggested that maybe that door could be propped open early in the morning!

The room was very clean. Bed was comfy. Excellent location to GO station!

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Would not stay there again or recommend it.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

1. No closets or even hangers and a bar to hand clothes for a 4-night stay 2. Older female customer with two bags for 4 nights sent to room on second floor at the far end of the building - no elevator, no help offered. 3. Room very small, area not attractive yet the rate was the same as a very nice Holiday Inn Express in a good location in Whitby.

Daytime manager attempted to find better room placement but I decided to go elsewhere for the rest of my stay.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

The Bed was comfortable
    • Traditional King Room - Non-Smoking

Lack of hanging space for clothes No mirror in bedroom Poor light at bedside and on only one side

The Bed was comfortable Friendly reception on arrival

Localization

Amber in front desk was so unwelcoming to me.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

Amber in front desk was so unwelcoming to me. It took me 2 hours to check in. And I go to that comfort inn regularly.

price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast ends too early, 9 am.

price

Comfortable pleasant place to stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed and pillows very comfortable. Clean with friendly staff. This is the second time we have stayed and would evinitely return.

The beds are amazing!

Confusion at check in

The beds are amazing!!!!

very helpful staff - particularly as I checked in quite late.

very helpful staff - particularly as I checked in quite late.

would not stay at this location again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

first room provided was smoked in , same night hallways strong odor of pot . we checked out a night early however a refund was not provided.

Good

No bacon.

Quiet

Curtains didn’t close so sleep was poor room 238 .
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Curtains didn’t close so sleep was poor room 238 ... blood on the sheets ... everything else was good

Friendly staff

WIFI

Friendly staff

Great hotel!

The staff are friendly and very accommodating! Very clean and comfortable beds!

I would come again with no worries
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast eggs were lumpy .

Room was nice, was very good. Bed comfy. Food ok

The property was kept very clean.

The property was kept very clean. Breakfast was good. The staff friendly.

It was good will return
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

At 1 o’clock in the afternoon we had some music on not loud and they asked us to turn it down

Liked how close to the subway to go to jays game

Another great night at a Comfort Inn

n/a

Great location, clean, good breakfast

Great stopover

Near industry

Cheap clean friendly good value for money

Took a very long time to check in.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

Took a very long time to check in. When we got to breakfast the hot elements were gone, even batter for waffles.

Lots of traffic noise from 401

Lots of traffic noise from 401

Very nice and clean staffs were friendly

Very nice and clean staffs were friendly

Very Good

There was no market nearby

Cleanliness of the room and Staff response was good

Very good breakfast
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Price changed at booking and there were no cribs

Very good breakfast

I liked how it was convenient and close to the highway .
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

I liked how it was convenient and close to the highway .

Clean, friendly, safe.
    • Traditional King Room - Non-Smoking

Clean, friendly, safe.

alright
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

your manger i think he was

your worker didnt give me my deposit back when checked outed cuz you hotel didnt take the right 100

the staff are very friendly never had a problem at this...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

the staff are very friendly never had a problem at this hotel.

Won't stay again.

Party in the halls ... Until 4am. Got no sleep whatsoever

Terrible, sleepless night

overpriced, noisy, terrible stay

All good thank you

All good thank you

Too expensive
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

No gluten free options for breakfast

It was clean

Comfortable bed and pillow

I booked a room with queen beds and was given a room with double

Comfortable bed and pillow

Interesting place

Location was satisfactory

The location was satisfactory

Good value

No mirrors in room

Location. Ease of access from highway Breakfast and dining room

Bacon

Staff should try to be friendly

Bacon

Comfy Leisure!

No nearby restaurants. Burger Kind was nearly 6km walk away

Amenities and break fast was great