Reviews of Comfort Inn Ottawa East 3 stars

1252 Michael Street, K1J 7T1 Ottawa, Canada

#51 of 56 hotels in Ottawa

Little disappointing as the halls smelled of smok, rooms a little out dated, but okay stay.
    • Queen Room - Ground Floor

Rooms are okay, little dated and could use a renovation and fresh paint. Breakfast sucked. Nothing was ready so I just grabbed a coffee to go.

internet was free and easy to assess. Location was good for where I need to go.

It was good!
    • Queen Room - Upper Floor

Bathroom facilities in the room could be cleaner (there was a stray hair in the tub that wasn't picked up).

Location is excellent. Staff was very helpful with tourism information. Breakfast was good with a nice variety.

It’s okay for short term stay.
    • Queen Room - Upper Floor

Room was small, and the tv was like a small monitor.

It’s okay for short term stay. Price is high for small room, and getting to place is little tricky.

Very unacceptable but nice staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

The people knocking on my door the construction workers loud mouths and there parting and the kind of women they had hanging around there gross with them I felt very uncomfortable as I was alone in the room with my little dog that was stressed from all the stupidness and noise I will never go back there never

The staff and convienence of being able to open your patio door and your outside

toilet didn't work properly.
    • Comfort Care Double Room with Two Double Beds

toilet didn't work properly. had to get a plunger and use it every time we needed to use the room toilet. not once did they offer any kind of reimbursement or discount just a plunger and do it yourself every time you need to flush. place to eat was quite small as well ate standing up.

Good value for a one night stay.
    • Comfort Care Double Room with Two Double Beds

Insufficient parking for guests. Difficult to back car out in the morning as there was a vehicle behind us. Breakfest a bit skimpy but adequate.

Room was very pleasant although a bit small. Both the room and the hall had been newly and attractively decorated. Window opened to the outdoors which is not always the case.

Good room
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

The bathroom faucet leaked at the base but other than that it was neat and clean.

With a full sized pick up we need something that has good parking so we chose this location. It is not downtown but it is within walking distance of the St Laurent Shopping Centre.

I was thankful to checkout, will not recommend this hotel!
    • Queen Room - Upper Floor

Everything stated above. Parking lot had many pot holes. Large red stain on floor. VERY hard bed. Booking.com did not send my reservation to confmfort Inn. Very over priced for a very poorly rated stay.

When I was able to check out and leave.

Somewhat disappointed at the upkeep of the outside
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

Outside was unkempt. We almost decided to seek another hotel, but thought we’d look inside also. My son had to borrow a snow shovel to clear a path so we could haul our bags in.

Room, bathroom were clean. As were towels and sheets. Breakfast was ok too.

Good value for the money especially if you have voracious teenage boys!!
    • Comfort Care Double Room with Two Double Beds

A bit too noisy outside overnight - snow shovelling, people talking outside, etc.

Breakfast was good / nice, good selection even if you're gluten free.

Very Clean and friendly
    • Comfort Care Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel was very hot windows open in hallways front door was open when I arrive and my room window was wide open. At Breakfast same thing food was great but too hot in seating area.

Very Clean and friendly

A good working experience
    • Comfort Care Double Room with Two Double Beds

Tractor trailer parking in entrance lane way to the rear parking lot... blocking everyone from exiting... had to reverse out and drive around the hotel... quite the illegal move if there was an emergency

It was satisfactory for our itinerary of just sleeping and then being out for the rest of the day.
    • Queen Room - Upper Floor

Although room had been recently redone, the furniture was too uncomfortable to sit on and read or watch TV. The bathroom was definitely in need of a update and old baseboards and tub gave appearance of being dirty but it was probably just the age.

The location is very good - close to St. Laurent mall and easy to get downtown. The breakfast was very good.

Nice, clean but very expensive for what we received
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

Well, I had my family with me and we stayed at your beautiful facilities, however when it came time for the brunch the next day at 9:15am on the Sunday, there was very little food left. They had teams of some sort (baseball or soccer, etc.) When I asked the attendant if they would be bringing more Sausage and eggs so said "NO" I would think that they would have been more prepared if they knew they had a full house. For the 192.00 I paid I feel that I was not satisfied with the price for what we got. We went to McDonald's for breakfast that morning. Thanks

Location, cleanliness

Never again
    • Comfort Care Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything left one night early

Place is a dump no coffee bad odour noisy truck at 5 am in the morning that is a truck stop dogs in the hallway air not work very noisy

good value for money
    • Comfort Care Double Room with Two Double Beds

hairdryer didn't work (but quickly replaced) room wasn't made up until after 4 pm

friendly staff helpful in changing our room to handicapped with pet

Nice staff, fix your wifi, do your maintenance. Was good, not great.
    • Comfort Care Double Room with Two Double Beds

Free breakfast for 13 people, with many more present. Wifi was down the WHOLE time. Lady staff in the kitchen, after i asked ever several questions - did not even speak to me, or even really look at me. Room did not have working ceiling fan and a very slow toilet but we were given a new room once we brought it to their attention. So A+ for the front desk guy.

Clean, great showers, nice location, nice staff. Bed was comfy too.

Not one of the better Comfort Inns - wouldn't return.

The hotel is old and the hallways smell of cigarette smoke. The carpets are dirty and the bathtub had mold in the corners. The breakfast area is way too small for the number of rooms. Kitchen staff couldn't keep up with the busload of Chinese tourists. Construction around the hotel had extra cars in the parking lot which may not have belonged there.

The wifi connection was strong.

Some of the staff were super friendly.
    • Queen Room - Ground Floor

Mould in the shower, When we first arrived the guy at the desk was very rude. Then our keys didn't work, so he scanned them again went to the door and it worked told me I was doing it wrong ( I wasn't ) Later my key still didn't work :/ good thing my partners key did.

Some of the staff were super friendly.

Not Good Quality for the Price
    • Comfort Care Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was run down and the maintenance was sloppy. There were holes in the sheets and dirt on the ceiling in the bathroom (mold?). I did not feel comfortable there.

The staff who checked me in/out was lovely, friendly, and helpful. He made up for some of the other limitations.

breakfast was included and it was not bad.
    • Comfort Care Double Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast area has very little space and hence it was overcrowded and had to wait too long to get a table to sit.

breakfast was included and it was not bad.

Disappointed, not up to comfort inn standards.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

First room smelled of cigarette smoke, second room was stale smelling, finally third room was acceptable. Printer at guest work station did not work, message system on room phone did not work. Alarm clock in room was not readable.

It was reasonably quiet

There is hot and cold selections available.
    • Queen Room - Upper Floor

Not enough table spaces, 16 seats available. Not enough food portions for all guests. Guests all gather around eggs and bacon area.

There is hot and cold selections available.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Warning dishonest man at reception!!!
    • Queen Room - Upper Floor

Dishonest man at a desk when I check in and paid for my room. I had suspicions that the amount he put on a paying machine was higher than I expected. Then he refused to give me a receipt saying it will be later given to me. He overcharged me for about 50$. When I was checking out I insisted from another man at the desk to give me a receipt. And I received a printout of different amount, the right one. I found out in my bank branch in uk they corrected before processing the transaction. Strangely it happened to me on Resurrection Feast...O Man ! Where are you heading..? That path leads straight to hell! Wake up! You bring shame to Canada!

The reason I chose this hotel was close distance to the place of my interest and people I visited.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Like the location and the patio door was perfect with the...
    • Queen Room - Ground Floor

Room could have been cleaner. Blood stains on sheets. Patio windows EXTREMELY DIRTY, heater and fridge made horrible noise.

Like the location and the patio door was perfect with the dog. Was nice to have a fridge and microwave.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Comfort Inn East Ottawa, great value for your money!
    • Queen Room - Upper Floor

I liked that breakfast was included and it was great! The waffles were perfect!! I also liked that the rooms were spacious and the staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

I liked where it was situated, the breakfast was okay (...
    • Queen Room - Upper Floor

I didn't like the bathtub it had calking coming off, the windows were very dirty, the room smelled and the comforter had stains.... The staircase looked old and dirty....

I liked where it was situated, the breakfast was okay ( would be nice to have trays so we can bring our breakfast to our rooms in one trip)

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

DON'T STAY HERE!!!! NOTHING BUT A DUMP!!
    • Comfort Care Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing at all!!! Will never stay at another choice hotel. Rude arrogant staff, rooms are filthy carpets are down right dirty , old bathrooms, extremely noisy fan, old patio doors that don't open or close properly. Very bad experience we were suppose to be there for 2 nights and when we first got there and seen the condition of the place I called for another hotel in the ottawa area and they were all booked or else we would have left. We left the next morning. Will never ever stay again!!!!

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

The bed was comfortable
    • Comfort Care Double Room with Two Double Beds

The fridge made terrible noise had to shut it off. The place looked dingy and bad lighting didn't help. Bathtub was old a dingy looking.

The bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Location was close to lots of restaurants but not too busy...
    • Queen Room - Upper Floor

It could use maintenance cleaning. Fans in bathroom dont exhaust well

Location was close to lots of restaurants but not too busy traffic. Guy working front desk was very good.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Look elsewhere
    • Queen Room - Upper Floor

The room had an overwhelming odour of smoking, even though it was a non smoking room. We were turned away from the free breakfast when we arrived at 9.25 am - it closed at 9.30.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Pluses, potentials...but not preferred
    • Comfort Care Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not entirely renovated, bathtub needs urgent replacement. Windows also need cleaning from outside. Toiletry supplies did not match the number of guests in the room. Unfortunately, the scrambled eggs did not taste like eggs...the service in the kitchen could improve. A smile requires only investment from the heart - and can make guests feel welcome - to return.

Beds and pillows comfortable, quiet area, good size room, well equipped (microwave, large fridge, TV, closet, plenty of towels). Waffles were on top of our list!

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Comfort Inn Ottawa East
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

Just wondering why booking rate was not the rate charged ???? Up charged almost 100 dollars more ????? And the taxes and local fees added after !!!!!

Ok facility going through upgrades !!!! Wonderfull staff !!!!!! Very help whenA/C broke !!!!!!

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Won't stay there again
    • Queen Room - Ground Floor

When we arrived the evening staff at the front desk was rude and pushy, he would not let me paid by interact at the time of arrival demand that I give a credit card although he already had my card number, then charged an extra $80 on card for just in case reasons. In our room the bathroom was dirty the toilet had a ring around the inside of the of the bowl. The glass on the patio doors were dirty. The fridge froze all our veggies. The pamphlet about the motel said that it was just newly renovated I guess they missed that room.

we were on the ground floor and could park our car outside the door

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Free breakfast, free parking, perfect location 5 minutes...
    • Comfort Care Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast wasnt good no hashbrown very bad and dry bacon.. coffee wasnt replaced and the bathtub wasnt clean enough

Free breakfast, free parking, perfect location 5 minutes drive from downtown

we had a good stay. would stay there again. Breakfast eas good, lots of choice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

We had double beds would have perferred queen.

Staff was very friendly and very quick to meet our needs.

Good

Overall good experience

Breakfast not as 3 star hotel

Ok

Courteous staff, who were really helpful..
    • Comfort Care Double Room with Two Double Beds

No attached restaurant like other comfort in I have stayed in.

Breakfast was really good.

It was do noisy and wasn't clean the break fast was...
    • Queen Room - Upper Floor

It was do noisy and wasn't clean the break fast was not the same as that they advertise.

Friendly, clean, convenient
    • Comfort Care Double Room with Two Double Beds

A/C was not switched on room was rather warm , slept with window open, which allowed traffic noise into room

Staff very friendly

• Comfort Care Double Room with Two Double Beds

Free breakfast was mostly inedible

Clean and good value

Beds were a little hard

Clean room. Staff were friendly and location was good.

wifi

Ants issues

wifi

Good place for a short stay

Heating inconsistent

Simple and comfortable

Good and confortable experience
    • Comfort Care Double Room with Two Double Beds

Access to the second floor does not have elevator

Room comfort is excellent

Cleaner washrooms

Cleaner washrooms

Good breakfast selection
    • Queen Room - Upper Floor

Slightly older and a bit rundown, but good value for money.

Good breakfast selection

Overall I was satisfied with my stay
    • Comfort Care Double Room with Two Double Beds

The location was not convenient.

The quality of the breakfast was a welcome surprise.

It was ok

No comments

It was ok

Excellent place to stay
    • Comfort Care Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking lot was not very clean however it was due to snow and ice very slippery

Staff was so friendly the facilities for clean at all times .

The staff were wonderful breakfast very good

Room issues

Convenience to 417

Hole on bathroom ceiling

Hole on bathroom ceiling

Great price at a reasonable price.

Nothing in particular.

Good breakfast. Beds were clean comfortable. Staff were very good.

Comfortable and convenient
    • Comfort Care Double Room with Two Double Beds

Be aware pets are allowed in this property

Spacious and clean room. Professional and friendly members of staff

The day desk clerk was amazingly helpful and friendly.
    • Comfort Care Double Room with Two Double Beds

The day desk clerk was amazingly helpful and friendly.

The inn was good
    • Comfort Care Double Room with Two Double Beds

No hot water ,coffee,facilities and on Christmas Day ,there was almost no food .

The staff were nice .

Breakfast was decent.
    • Queen Room - Ground Floor

Only cleans room after 3 days stay. You can ask but found that inconvenient.

Breakfast was decent. Location was good for me.

I’ll stay there again but at ground floor, because there is no elevator
    • Comfort Care Double Room with Two Double Beds

Entrance lobby was dirty Wish there was elevator

I liked the inexpensive room and it was clean.

Bed to small

Bed to small

Stay was okay but they charged 50.00 for incidental fees and for the bottle of water.
    • Queen Room - Upper Floor

They charged us for the water in the room

The location was excellent

Comfortable bed.
    • Comfort Care Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom is tired. Bath tub needs some work. Very hard to fine electric outlets.

Comfortable bed. Quiet room.

Breakfast variety is good.
    • Queen Room - Upper Floor

Internet was down. Bathroom fan is noisy, auto on when light is on.

Breakfast variety is good. I like the coffee.

It was close to the hospital and for a great price.

Needs an update

It was close to the hospital and for a great price.

It is near the mall and walking distance to a restaurant and...

The beds

It is near the mall and walking distance to a restaurant and the mall

Room was clean and modern.

Poor breakfast

Room was clean and modern.

Wont stay there next time.
    • Queen Room - Upper Floor

I found the place needed some improvement.

Value for money
    • Comfort Care Double Room with Two Double Beds

Daily walk to public transport to get anywhere

Small breakfast area food passable.A little distance away from the centre

The front desk and cleaning staff.

The mattress.

The front desk and cleaning staff.

Friendly and helpful staff
    • Queen Room - Upper Floor

Breakfast area too small to accommodate everyone at busy times.

Good choice for breakfast

Comfort Inn Ottawa .

AC was noisy..

Great close to mall
    • Comfort Care Double Room with Two Double Beds

Matress could of been better

Breakfast was great

4.0
    won't stay again
    • Comfort Care Double Room with Two Double Beds

windows were dirty beds poorly made

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

never again
    • Comfort Care Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cleanliness was horrible. Pics to show Humidity stink in the room, Washroom was dirty upon arrival with hair all over. Even had hair in my bed.