Reviews of Comfort Inn Ottawa West- Kanata 3 stars

222 Hearst Way, K2L 3A2 Ottawa, Canada

#42 of 56 hotels in Ottawa

Great stay!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They didn't have any cribs or playpens, we were told they were broken and hadn't been replaced yet.

The room was very clean, we had a microwave and a fridge.

A horrible experience for myself and 2 grandkids.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

Everything could have been better.

There wasn't a single thing about this property that was appealing. Manager was beyond ignorant, room filthy, still waiting on refund/reversal of which I honestly feel is not coming. If you are a contractor, coming in dirty from work, this room would be maybe appealing, as there was access to room through patio door from parking lot as well as a good layer of dust over everything in the room.

very polite and courteous staff on arrival and check out

booked through a third party site. reservation had to be changed and this was not conveyed to hotel. had real issues getting checked in, checked out and getting charged the correct amount

very polite and courteous staff on arrival and check out

It was good and breakfast is good compared to most places...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

It was good but ac was on too high couldn’t turn it down

It was good and breakfast is good compared to most places they served bacon and eggs and other hotels gives only muffins and cereal

Good value for your money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Mattress and pillows dated not overly comfortable

Welcoming staff at check in quick and efficient - property nicely landscaped and clean entrance and lobby. Ba hit breakfast with good choices., not so wekconjnv staff here . Clean modern bathroom and room. Mattress and pillows could be upgraded but clean.

Good value for the money.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

AC was a little difficult to control. Room finishing LD are updated but the rest of the hotel shows it’s age.

Good value for the money. The rooms have been recently updated. Close to the highway.

Great if you are not bothered by traffic noise and have no sense of smell.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

Very noisy, right beside the highway. Carpet smelled like dirty socks.

Beds were comfortable enough and rooms were generally clean (except the carpet).

Convenient location and great value.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was very crowded the first morning because it ended at 9 AM. I think everyone arrived at the same time as it was the Monday of the long weekend.

The location was very convenient for us. The restaurant next door is excellent. The staff are very helpful and checked several times when we had an issue with our AC. This is the second time we stayed here and wouldn't hesitate again. This is great value for a reasonable price.

Good value for money
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

The breakfast room is too small to handle the guests when all of them are in the room at 7am in the morning especially as the tour buses leave the hotel early in the morning

Much better than expected.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

The breakfast arrangement. Breakfast was a real disappointment. Unfortunately, a busload of 50 passengers came to the breakfast room quite early and it was bedlam. No place to sit, just too many people at one time. The food was o.k., but difficult to eat standing up.Breakfast was a real disappointment.

The hotel was full, but very quiet. In a good location for our purpose. The staff at the front desk were exceptionally friendly and helpful.

Great breakfast with the option to take it to your room if...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Great breakfast with the option to take it to your room if the breakfasts room was too crowded. The beds were comfy and the price was right. Despite being right next to a four-lane highway the sleep was quiet

Clean room, good selection on self serve breakfast.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

First room assigned to us, toilet not flushing, given another room promptly and apologies more then once for this misshape.

Found the bed and pillows very comforting.

It was a nice stay and a relaxing environment which was just what I needed.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was very clean and comfortable. I could control the temperature and use refridgerator and microwave facilities. The building was quiet and it was easy to get to shopping areas on foot.

Overpriced
    • Queen Room

Bathroom door didn’t lock. Phone didn’t work when I tried to call down to desk. Friends room had ants and had to move. Cost was ridiculous.

Location. And my bed was comfortable.

Rooms are clean and staff were friendly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were stuck at the Canadian Tire Center for an hour trying to get a taxi to take us back to our motel... very scary... we were not told until later to go to gate 1. Where is gate one? There should be shuttle service from the hotel..

Rooms are clean and staff were friendly.

Went there for a good night sleep and that’s what I got
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Water pressure wasn’t very good, rooms are a little out dated, and there is no elevator in the building

The bed was very comfy and I had Eva great sleep, also the air conditioning worked well and kept the room cool like I like it

Great stay, will use hotel again!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

If we could suggest one improvement it would be higher toilets. We are seniors and the heights of the toilets are not convenient. Perhaps starting with a few rooms to change and offer them to seniors.

We attended the hotel for a sports event at the Canadian Tire Center and used the hotel for the proximity and price to the Sports Center. It was convenient and comfortable. The breakfast included met our expectation and was tasty and offered a great variety of options.

Not impressed and very upset
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Checked in around 8:30 with my baby girl and asked for extra pillows to create a barrier since they were out of cribs and paper plates so we could eat. 9:30pm they never arrived and had to call down 4x before getting an answer. Woke up to find ants everywhere in our bathroom because of puppy’s kibble and baby trying to feed puppy the kibble so they were all over her hands too. When I told the front desk their response was “well ants do like kibble”. Excuse me? It’s the middle of winter and even in the summer I don’t get ants at home when his bowl is left out. I emailed them later as well and received no response

Location, comfort

This time our stay wasn't a good experience
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were woken up because our room was cold, after many attempts trying to get the heat to work again, I called reception and told the attendant the heat in our room stopped working he told me that he didn't know much about it, instead of being accommodating his comment was "I guess you want to change rooms" I said yes we are cold and we were woken up because of it, he was very reluctant in giving us another room... after a full day of travelling and then a broken sleep, we slept in and ended up missing the breakfast. I was very disappointed I enjoyed their breakfast very much last time and that is the main reason for us staying there again. Oh and to put the icing on the cake my husband almost broke his wrist and bruised his knee falling on the ice in the parking lot, when he was putting our things in the truck. I guess they figure posting warnings about the ice is sufficient..... Our stay was not worth the money we paid.

Linens were clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was cleaned once during our three nights stay. air conditioner was blowing right to the bed. Water dripping from tap in bathtub.

Linens were clean. bed was comfy. breakfast is ok.

Breakfast was not great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was not great. Eggs and home fries were empty. Didn't like that the room was charged to my mastercard before we even stayed in it. I understand there was no cancelation but it should have been charged the day of the stay not 5 wks before.

All in all fair except for the fact couldn’t sleep because of the dripping water
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Water dripping from tap in bathtub let staff know all they said will try to get it fixed for next people looks like it’s been fixed about eight times already with all the gasket poop on it

It was a great stay for the value.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The fact that I could pay an extra $25 and get a late check out on Sunday. I also like the fact that I can collect points and get an extra night stay.

Except for the idiot truck parking across 7 parking spots the stay was perfect 👌.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

Trucks with big trailers parked across our parking space instead of away from the building and taking up 7 parking spots .

Everything . We wish we could get a better rate when we come to Kanata for longer stays like when our relative worked there . We would stay longer and more often since we come from Pembroke and enjoy the area. Thank you.

That they provided tickets for wave pool
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

That they make you sign a waiver cause your part of a hockey team. Maybe book a special room for hockey kids. We generate a lot of money for you and team sports should be catered to.

That they provided tickets for wave pool

VERY RELAXING

THE BREAKFAST

PRICE WAS RIGHT AND VERY EASY TO FIND AND SHOPPING WAS CLOSE AND VERY QUIET AND PEACEFUL. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO FAMILY AND FRIENDS

Convenient with fast wifi
    • Queen Room

The rate was pretty standard (and actually lower than anything else available), however I have paid less for nicer facilities. Last minute booking though so I shouldn’t complain! Parking was a bit cramped so plan ahead if you have a large vehicle

Convenient location for business west of the city, excellent fast wifi. Friendly staff, fast check in/check out, and ironing equipment available!

Convenient location and pleasant staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I would prefer 2 queens beds when travelling w my spouse and daughter as it is a little crapped and updated heating system that does not blow or make so much noise would be good.

Check-in was quite slow and confusing as I had booked multiple rooms for our group, but she was friendly and offered us the breakfast room to order in dinner and hang out together on our arrival night.

4.0
    It sucked!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The first night We were awakened suddenly by the fire alarm at 1:00, the alarm and lights were right over top of our door so it was ear piercing!!! It went on for quite sometime before the fire department arrived to shut it off! Then it went of another 4 times after that!! The second night we were woken again at around 7 am by the fire alarm!!!!! Then a fireman came pounding on my door demanding we open the door, I was still in my night gown with nothing to cover my self with!!! He just wanting to look at smoke detector. So two days in a row we lost sleep and were never given an compensation of any kind. The "free" breakfast was tasteless and cheap... Powder eggs and some type of freeze dried meat they tried to pass off as bacon. There were kids EVERYWHERE running up and down halls and sitting out in hallways playing and talking till late into the night. The second night, I think the person across the hall had some kind of "business" going on as there were people coming from there room all day and night, EVERYTIME they opened the door you could hear loud "getto music". When I. Complained to the staff about the fire alarms all I got was " we're looking in to it ". Will never stay there again!

Over all it was a great stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Other then being woke up early in the morning with the fire alarm going off, and some slowness in the breakfast department ex:(running out of bacon) and over crowding because of the alarm. It was ok.

Over all it was a great stay.

I would recommend this hotel for a comfortable stay when you are in the Kanata area.

Nothing to report here.

We really enjoyed our stay. The pleasant and helpful staff, the early check-in, the comfortable room and the warm breakfast all contributed to an enjoyment weekend. Thank you.

Great location, good breakfast, there was an issue with my...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Great location, good breakfast, there was an issue with my credit card and the gentleman at the front desk was so accomodating and worked out a solution for me.

pleasant, convenient and friendly hotel in Kanata.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

2 queens instead of 2 double beds would be nice, but the room is tight. larger closet would be good too as we were only able to put our 3 coats in and it was full.

While the beds were comfy and rooms clean the wall heaters are quite noisy and dry so we turned ours off upon arrival and didn't turn it back on until morning so it was quite chilly in the room, but it was -25 overnight and -21 in the morning so to be expected. Breakfast was not great, coffee passable, cereal, toast and yogurt were fine. Staff were very accommodating.

Not good
    • Queen Room

Unable to reach the motel by phone a few hours before I checked in. Was on hold for 10 min before I gave up. I wanted to ensure I had a ground floor room with patio doors as I was traveling with pets and moving pets and belongings in and out as well as taking pets out for pee breaks is much easier with patio doors. It was also bitterly cold out. When I arrived there was a line up to the door, with I person behind the desk- short staffed - not his fault but he was clearly not enjoying the situation. Apparently A lot of the key cards weren't working. All things not within his control but as a result he was in such a bad mood that I didn't feel comfortable asking for a room with patio doors. Also the noise level from other visitors kept me awake. Teenage boys running up and down the hall and down the stairs chasing each other for hours. I finally called the front desk and asked that they look into this. I would suggest that if you have security personnel on the premises that they do regular rounds on the floors. These kids were at it for a long time I have stayed at comfort inns many times specifically because they are pet friendly. This was by far the worst night I have ever spent in a hotel.

The breakfast was fresh and good

Clean with no issues.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Small breakfast room for the crowd. There was a line up for the 3 hour breakfast. It was good though.

Easy access to mall and stadium but yet, not on a busy street

The hotel is 15 mins away from downtown, you can find a better options in ottawa but It is little bi
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The gym, the parking was outside on -24, the breakfast was the worst compqring to the same level hotel, and they need to mention that there is no elevator on this hotel in order for the old people to have an i dea that they are using the stairs.

The rooms was clean and comfortable

The only issue I had is that my access card did not work...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The only issue I had is that my access card did not work during the second night of my stay which was a bit irritating since access to the inn was in the back.

All in all, a very comfortable, convenient, pleasant place to stay while visiting relatives nearby.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Charge for bottle of water in room. Cheap plastic utensils and paper plates at breakfast not very environmentally responsible.

Very comfortable beds. Good breakfast. Pleasant atmosphere. Good wifi. Free parking. Amenities such as restaurants, grocery stores, shopping mall, banks, etc within easy driving reach.

I needed some help in locating some assistance for an issue...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I needed some help in locating some assistance for an issue with my truck. Rachel was exceedingly helpful to me with that! She went above and beyond to help me get the roadside assistance that I needed.

Stay was good close to all shopping and events
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

a transport and large truck took up 16 parking spots when we got back at night had to drive around building to find a spot to park.

The room was great and the service was excellent

Great location for our purpose (event at Canadian Tire Centre). Basic, but met our needs.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

In room fridge was very cold, and our food items froze. Tub tap dripped constantly. Because the inn was completely full with people attending the same event, breakfast line ups were long, and food ran out. Changes to booking made via Booking.com were not received by the location.

Front Reception staff were friendly and very helpful. Free and amble parking.

A good spot to stay near Canadian tire centre
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was crowded--not enough tables for the size of the hotel plus the space to get your food was very cramped and crowded too

A good spot to stay near Canadian tire centre

Location was good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Husband got locked in the bathroom because the doorknob broke. We got switched to another room and the two beds were smaller. We believe we got smaller for the same amount.

Location was good. Close to outlet mall and arena.

VERY disappointing. I've stayed at many Comfort Inn's & this was a shock to me.
    • Queen Room

No elevator, no king sized bed, accommodation was too small & cramped, noisy adults & children in the hallways, no proper sized vanity in the washroom, ice machine on the floor was broken, workout room was not available since it was broken.

Little to praise about

very nice and quiet.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Couldn't believe the price in the room for a bottle of water.

Staff very helpful and breakfast was great for all three of us. Temperature in the room was perfect.

The staff was amazing, very friendly.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was a bottle of water in the room which I thought it was complementary, but there was a charge of $2.99 - outrageous. Poor selection at the vending machines, which only accepted cash or pay through your phone but the app didn't work.

The staff was amazing, very friendly. The room was very clean.

absolutely Nothing.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

absolutely Nothing. Our two day stay was fabulous. We would come back in a heart beat. The check in staff were the best in every regard. we had a wonderful visit to Ottawa and we thank you folks very much. Rolie Anderton from Stouffville Ontario

Very injoyable stay. Would stsy again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The comforts of the hotel are just like home. Very friendly. This is the 2nd time I have stayed at the hotel. Very close to the Canadian Tire Centre as I was going to the Senators game.

Comfortable and quiet and very friendly staff.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

The eggs were way too salty.

Very comfortable bed and they fulfilled my request to have my room away from highway and a bonus it was really quiet. Really enjoyed our stay. 😀

Outdated hotel with uncomfortable small beds
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

The first room we stayed in was extremely dirty. The carpet had black marks and there were two blood stains on the sheets. I was shocked and appalled. We alerted the staff and were upgraded to a bigger room received a discount with the same size bed (double). It was much cleaner, but the bed was very small and uncomfortable. Breakfast was probably the worst I've had at any hotel and I travel extensively. The whole experience was very disappointing.

bad no sleep
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The fire alarm went off twice and we all had to be out side at 2 am they need to upgrade there system because it went off twice for no reason so no sleep that night and had to drive ten hours da

A low-end economy hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was really poor, to the extent that I really didn't sleep very well, if at all most of the night. The breakfast was standard okay, but the glassed-in room in which it was served was way too warm, and hence, unpleasant.

Location was good for what we wanted to do.

Poor nights sleep unfortunately because of the fire alarm...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Poor nights sleep unfortunately because of the fire alarm going off in the middle of the night and requiring us to stand outside in the cold for 20 minutes and then again after we were just asleep. Staff at least could have acknowledged the restless sleep when checking out.

NOT GOOD
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

We were there for 2 nights and we must of killed at least a dozen of bugs in the bathrooms and a few in the room, not impressed. Dinning room is far too small for amount of people, we had breakfast elsewhere. First time there and last.

i will always try to stay in this pet friendly hotel.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

there was no shower curtain in room upon arrival, it was delivered within 5 minutes of calling the front desk.

i like the private west end location. hot breakfast is always a bonus.

I like that it’s close bye and clean
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I don’t like the fact there is no pool or hot tub on site and you have to go down the street to do so . So it never happened.

I like that it’s close bye and clean

I didn't like was being charged a Destination Marketing...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like was being charged a Destination Marketing Fee of $4.35 per night, ridiculous and unfair. It increases the tax you have to pay and your total room fee. Check with the website and hotel before you are charged this ridiculous fee! Just a money grab in my opinion!

Don't expect much - it was clean

Breakfast area was very small - always crowded with no where to sit and supplies of food were always empty - had to ask for forks , coffee, hot water and eggs

Nothing actually stood out - it was close to the Canadian tire centre

Awful
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

hotel did not charge us when required so we got charged payment on trip which was not expected/budgeted. Rowdy minor hockey team was on both floors of hotel and up swearing and wrestling and clicking doors all night and absolutely nothing done. Walls were literally shaking. Coach shut it down at 2:30AM. Thankful my 10 year old slept through it. Called front desk for 45 min and phone off hook. Went down no staff. I wonder if the hotel was even staffed at night. Hotel pool passes not as described. Pool only open to hotel 3 hours a day. Rude staff at check-in. Not to me but other guest. Breakfast was crowded and food area did not flow. No parking available at night because transport trucks took up multiple guest spots. This should have been taken care of, ie. asked to park better or in designated area. I travel a lot for work and pleasure and this was one of my worst experiences ever. With rowdy hockey team (20-30 kids allowed to play chicken with cars in street and parking lot at 11PM when we returned to the hotel) I did not feel safe for my family.

comfortable bed

The hotel is quite near to the forces base, so it was convenient.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was old and the patio door and screen needed replacing. The room really need to be updated, and maybe brought into the 21st century.

Breakfast was excellent and the lady running the room was terrific. The front desk staff were polite and helpful

Pleasant.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hard to open patio doors because the tracks were dirty, someone came to look at it, made it a bit better but still... the doors were dirty, of course we were on the highway side.

We had a ground floor room as we are seniors. Complimentary printing of our speech at our daughter's wedding. Coffee available anytime. Staff was very accommodating re early check-in and proximity of rooms to each other for our group going to the wedding, can't say enough about them, thanks guys.

For an overnight stay it was good value for the money
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The dining room was a little small. Had to wait for a vacant table.

The staff were courteous and helpful. The omelet was fluffy and not dry. The kitchen staff made sure that food items were quickly replenished when finished.

The inn was perfect for us and met the needsand expectations of our stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I won't book through booking.com again. I needed to change the date of my booking and was charges an extra $50!! Ridiculous!!

Staff at front desk was wonderful....very friendly and helpful

Won't stay again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

Killed 3 bugs one day and 1 the second day in bathroom. Bathroon urine stained around lid and base of toilet and stained grout around tub. Sliding door to parking lot broken and stuck.

Not a place I would usually stay in, but it served its purpose because of the cat.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

Was a little rough around the edges.

Only stayed at the comfort inn because we were travelling with a cat. It met all our needs. Most of the time we were out and only slept there. Comfy beds.

close to Ottawa & highway
    • Queen Room

the room windows were very dirty on the exterior parkings needed cleaning maintenance

clean room, hard working and friendly cleaning staff good location, nice restaurant next door, close to highway for Ottawa

great place to stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

nothing could have been better.

Pretty much great everything. we were advised to park our motorcycles under the front canopy by the desk clerk and when a motel treats motorcycle enthusiasts like that, they are number one in my book. Room was great, bed very comfortable and fantastic breakfast.

Unhappy Campers
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

Room very dusty, not clean, both patio doors came off their tracks, screen off from top to bottom, empty Kleenex box, Slow on replenishing breakfast in kitchen though breakfast was good. We were just too tired from our trip to request a change of rooms. We 3 sisters agreed that this room was way over priced as close to two hundred total.

Bed ok

Terrible - poor value
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathrooms extremely filthy, black mouldy, disgusting toilet, very noisy, very small standard bed, very uncomfortable mattress and pillows. Breakfast offering _ something that looked like a patti may have been meat something- cramped hot breakfast room. Paid $139 and with taxes etc was a ridiculous amt - I would never ever stay again.

Great location for visiting the Diefenbunker and a mere 20 minutes drive from the National Gallery
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The complimentary breakfast was only so so as it was very crowded during the breakfast rush and the bacon was greasy.

Since we wanted to visit the Diefenbunker in Kanata, the location was perfect. The bed and pillows were comfortable and the WIFI worked fine for us.

Sorry wouldn't stay here again. Location wasn't the greatest.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking - Ground Floor

Walls are to thin heard the next room talking loud at 3 am in the morning. Then they kept slamming their door back and front. Kept me up the rest of the morning.

Pulling into your parking space outside your room. Great to unload your gear.

Breakfast was great

I booked two rooms hoping they would be side by side or not far from each other but unfortunately was placed at different ends of the hotel. My room was at the far end near to the highway and could. Or sleep well due to the traffic noise

Breakfast was great

Great front desk staff, we got to check in way before actual...
    • Queen Room

The pillows were horrible and too small and soft.

Great front desk staff, we got to check in way before actual check in time, because I called ahead twice to ask if we could.

It was close to concert venue.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Window was left open without a screen and there was a pile of sunflower seeds on the windowsill.

It was close to concert venue. The beds were clean and comfortable.

The breakfast was horrible, both in selection and quantity.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was horrible, both in selection and quantity. A busload of tourists essentially commandeered the breakfast area, so we left and went to a fast food restaurant. Considering the tourists all stayed at the hotel the night prior, you would have presumed the hotel should have anticipated the demand for breakfast on Sunday morning would be extremely high....I'm also quite tired of paying the Destination Marketing Fee....this is just another tax/cash grab....hotels would be wise to stop forcing it on people....