Reviews of Comfort Inn Pickering 3 stars

533 Kingston Road, L1V 3N7 Pickering, Canada

#1 of 2 hotels in Pickering

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

The bed was comfortable and free wifi was great.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff at the check in desk was incredibly slow. She was talking to a guest about life experiences while 3 of us waited in line, then helped 2 other people who came to the desk to ask questions while i was first in line before helping me check in. Once she did start to check me in the process took 15 minutes and she was not very friendly or welcoming at all. Once I got to my room I found dirty towels and someone else’s hair in the shower,suggesting the bathroom had not been cleaned.

The bed was comfortable and free wifi was great.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Nothing special.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't particularly like how early breakfast ended. We were travelling for business so we woke early enough to get somthing before they closed, but 9am is too soon to close a breakfast bar for leisure travellers who may only be waking up at 9am. Also, the breakfast attendant refused to give me a cup of milk for my 1 year old at breakfast because she had already put it away and it was literally 5mins after 9am, wasn't impressed, especially since it was supposed to be included, and it was for a child, not an additional cerial bowl.. Room was clean, but the carpet was a little mirky and there was a foundation stain on 2 of our pillows. The hair dryer didn't work for more than 2 minutes at a time, so it took 40 mins just to dry my hair, and I had a nasty allergy to the body soap bar. The washing machine was broken, so I had to handwash our laundry in the room and pay $2.75 for a dry cycle(literally a dollar more than I've ever paid at any hotel for a dryer cycle) and my clothes were still damp when I retrieved them.. I'll close with that, but overall I'm not terribly impressed.

I liked the selection of breakfast items and how comfortable the beds were. I also appreciated quick check in and the cleanliness of the hallways and breakfast area.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Very good. Served our purpose as we were moving to a new house the next day in that neighborhood.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was a used ketchup sachet found on the floor inside the room. Could be more attentive in cleaning.

Parking right in front of the room, spacious for a family of 4, helpful staff, TV channels, comfortable bed. They helped to check us in before 3 pm as we reached after a 14 hour flight.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Excellent place to stay and I would recommend this if you need a good room in the Toronto area.
    • Queen Room - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

I wanted to stay closer to Toronto but it was a holiday weekend and places were fully booked elsewhere. It's not really much of a negative but Pickering is quite a way east of Toronto so was on the wrong side for me coming from the west.

My room was close to reception and you didn't have to walk far from the car park to room. It was also on the ground floor so no stairs to negotiate. Very comfortable room and bed and there was a microwave and fridge. Good WiFi. Convenient access to the major highway.

Good place for a quick stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was a bit expensive for what it was but it is to be expected when near Toronto.

The staff were happy to help and very friendly. We stayed overnight for an early race the next day and the room was clean, spacious and served it’s purpose.

Having to wake up at 6am with the fire alarm because of someone burning toast.
    • Queen Room - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

I reserved a ground floor room. When I got to the hotel to check in, the receptionist at the counter didn't even say hi or anything. I gave her my name and she told me that she didn't have any ground floor rooms cleaned.... I told myself why book a room if they can't even have one clean for me. She asked me if I minded the first floor beside a door that slams a lot, I said no thanks. She gave me a room on the first floor which was alright but then I find out that a ground floor is more expensive and that's what I paid for..I had to call and tell them the situation again and they said that they will put the money back on my visa.. the fact that I had to say something just to get a refund for what I paid for was pretty unprofessional of them.

Bed was a little hard and a little soft which was good. The hotel isn't far from downtown Toronto. All in all the stay was good.

Good hotel for a quick stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

By a receptionist mistake I was charged more than the price of the room, she said it did not matter as it was no more than 40 CAD and it was going to be refunded. I wrote to ask for a refund and they never answered. However the refund was made quickly enough but the overcharge should not have happened or at least they would have apologized for their mistake.

Nice hotel for a quick stay in a road trip.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Spacious room.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We stayed on the 1st floor and there is no lift. Therefore make sure you have light luggage or ask for a room on the ground floor.

Spacious room. Close to the zoo (10 min by car). Breakfast included. Coin laundry in house.

Groovy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

able to sleep to 9am and still get breakfast

the beds extra comfy. Breakfast would have been good if we had not slept-in because I was exhausted most places across Canada where I travelled served 6-10

as expected for the price.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast room too small for number of guests. With a larger room the serving layout could be more efficient. The young woman working in breakfast area coped very well considering she was alone and overworked..

mattress. location. plenty of parking. breakfast good and plentiful.

Beds were comfortable

We were placed in a room right outside the stairwell, so we heard every guest coming and going throughout the night...door opening and shutting loudly. Plus the guests talking while going to their room.

Beds were comfortable

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Apon checking in comfort inn did not have the same nightly rate we booked for with booking.com. The ladies at the front desk said they do not communicate with booking.com and there was nothing she can do about it. I dont understand why the rate would change so fast from the time you press book and put your name and info in the price went up on the booking.com website. I DON'T RECOMMEND USING BOOKING.COM. I WILL NEVER USE IT AGAIN. We were suppose to get a nightly rate at $89 but were charged $152 a night. We had no other choice but to pay it was already late in the day. During my last night I was awaken by teenagers at 1 am slamming their door over and over running back and forth to their friends room. Called the front desk and they said they will handle it. The slamming stopped for about 10 min and started rite back up. NEVER AGAIN.

Simple breakfast to choose from.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Trash. Don’t go.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything. Worst hotel experience of my family’s life. 3 kids kept up all night by a running toilet. Mouldy tub. Key to door didn’t work. No high chair for our son at breakfast and when a booster was located it was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. And the response by the front desk? “Oh we’re sorry and we’ll get maintenance right on it.” A lot of good that does me and family at check out and a very hollow response at best. There was an obvious ill intentioned lip service.

Price was good with good location. Thankyou
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

Sauages every day it would be nice to change up the breakfast every couple day. :) cleaning staff were not always friendly when walking in hall we asked a question the housekeeping staff just pointed without speaking to us.

Easy access to room.

Location was awesome.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Salmonella on tiles around the tub. Plunger for the shower stuck in shower position preventin a bath.

Location was awesome. Front desk rep early evening of the 24th very nice and helpful.

An altogether depressing and underwhelming experience
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This is not a place that I would stay again. From one of the photos at least, I had expected a place looking out on Lake Ontario. There's an 8-lane freeway and a suburb between the hotel and Lake Ontario. The a/c rattled away all night. Kids were noisy and the rooms poorly insulated for sound. Breakfast was the scrum that is often found in cheaper north American hotels, with everything from Kellogg's or Nestle, harassed staff doing their very best while hordes of people try to get food in an overcrowded room. It's stranded out in the impersonal, lifeless western suburbs of Toronto, where you'll have some trouble finding a place to eat. And it wasn't even inexpensive.

Staff were friendly at check-in; otherwise, very little

Liked how it was in walking distance to places, loved that...
    • Queen Room - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

There was nothing we didnt like about this stay

Liked how it was in walking distance to places, loved that we got a drive up room, was quiet and cozy, the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was perfect

Clean rooms.
    • Queen Room - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

Fitness center wasn’t well equipped for weights like the picture showed Coffee service lacking in the early morning even though it was claimed to be 24 hour

Clean rooms. Cleaning staff friendly

An alright stay at the Comfort Inn
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast room coffee was just ok. Our room wasn't made up one day (despite us being out for most of the day). Small closet to hang items in. Old school in-room coffee maker. Awkward stairs with suitcases (no elevator).

The room was clean. Air conditioning worked well, which was key with temperatures over 30C. Breakfast is quite decent with a good variety of food. Location was convenient for us, near a few places to eat and near the highway. Fridge and microwave in room are useful inclusions.

A good and convenient hotel for a short break
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast room small and could be a mad scramble for food and tables when hotel full with tourist coaches.

Very helpful staff, convenient location, good sized and very comfortable room

Good value for the money
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Enterance could use a facelift it is after all first impression. Other than that the room and the hallways were quite acceptable

Staff was friendly and helpful

Didn’t offer any compensation for the huge inconvenience
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I couldn’t get in my room several times. Went to the front desk and they tried to say it was because of my phone being near the key. Had to get someone to open the door

Fine. Not great. Wouldn't stay again.
    • Queen Room - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

Asked for an extra blanket and was told there were none in the whole place. That each room has 1. But we used that for the pull out bed and we needed another one and we could not have one. Also pullout bed was smaller than a single bed. Thought it was a double and it definitely was not. When asked about moving to a room with 2 double beds and was told there were none and that she could not change it or she would get "in big trouble". Then someone came in off the street and asked and was given a room with two doubles.

Coffee/tea available in the corridor.

Excellent.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Consider to change the carpet. However it can be solve also by providing the sandals etc.

Excellent in service, fast and efficient. Staff professional in doing the job, especially front desk.

I had a very comfortable night and a pleasant breakfast in the morning.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This particular morning, the protein choices were scrambled eggs and sausage patties. The eggs were fine, but the patties were so thin, grey and sketchy-looking I didn't even try them. I don't know why hotels usually don't have a Guide on the TV. It's annoying having to channel surf, especially since half the time they're on commercial.

Breakfast was good. There was a fair bit of choice, including the big waffles I've come to look forward to. The room was quite comfortable and clean. I had a delicious sushi supper at the restaurant across the street.

We were greeted with courtesy and our stay was very comfortable.

No complaints.

Rooms were clean and tidy. Surroundings/corridors quite which accounted for a very comfortable stay. Comp. breakfast was substantial and the scrambled eggs fresh and tasty.

I loved staying here.
    • Queen Room - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

I loved staying here.Its a beautiful hotel, clean and tidy.And it"located in a great location!The staff were super helpful and accommodating.I will definitely be back!

The beds were very comfy!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I missed the complementary breakfast by 3 minutes. I understand that it was my fault but I was hoping the staff would still let me in and nope. Also, before we were leaving my husband checked under the beds to make sure nothing of ours fell down and it was absolutely disgusting under the beds. Maybe consider giving staff a few extra minutes in each room to clean under the beds. The amount of beer cans, beer caps and water bottles that were under there was gross.

The beds were very comfy! The front desk clerks were all very nice especially the one that checked us in.

In comfortable
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Iron didn’t work, carpet smells, towel hang broken. There was an sewer like odor in the room seems like it was coming from the carpet. Beds are uncomfortable. We have stayed in comfort Inns before in the US this was by far the worst.

Adequate
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was difficult and made many errors which they blamed on us. They tried to kick us out of our room because the guy that booked us in made an error and only put us in the system for 1 day. The hotel didn’t believe my gf and accused her of trying to stay without paying. It was a very unpleasant experience and I had to leave work early because they wouldn’t believe her

The room was clean and there was a free breakfast which was decent.

The heating system is very old.

The heating system is very old.. so either the room would be freezing or a sauna.. the tv didn’t work and the mirror on the bathroom door was disgusting

The room had lot of dust, the bed sheets had "DRY...

it's written above!

The room had lot of dust, the bed sheets had "DRY BLOOD SPOTS" I asked one of the service people a young men very kind who gave us a new set of sheets and recommended to let the front desk know about this. Also not enough people in the front desk to help costumers which that is essential for a businesses of this magnitude.

Terrible experience
    • Queen Room - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

The staff was rude and unaccommodating, the smell was bad, the room was dirty and in disrepair. Overall terrible experience.

Nothing. This stay was terrible.

Restaurants close by
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hot water stopped working and when I called the front desk they told me they would call me back and they never did. The breakfast isn't good.

Restaurants close by

Avoid unless you're desperate, and even then just drive to Ajax. Worst hotel I've ever stayed in.
    • Queen Room - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

The bathroom wasn't clean. Toilet seat was stained and had bits flaking off it. There was hair in the bathtub and the best part of all was the pubic hair on the floor. Totally disgusting. The breakfast room was messy - the eggs and meat thing (I couldn't even tell what it was supposedly to be) looked revolting so I just had toast and peanut butter. I could not wait to get out of there in the morning. Worst hotel experience of my life.

Location was easy to get to.

We went to an event right down the street so it was convenient.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

The room was not ready until 5:00 and he room stunk of smoke which was very offensive. There was also garbage in one of the garbage cans that wasn't emptied. Very pricey for what you get.

it was close to the highway so it was easy to find

tolerable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

Beds were hard. Advertises Non Smoking but there were smokers. If they are advertising non smoking, they need to change the wallpaper, mattresses, etc. The smell remains.

We liked to stay there and we probably would go back there when we should come again to Toronto.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was only 1 kind of bread (toastbread) at the breakfast and no cheese.

Our stay there was good. Friendly staff. Breakfast was good, but can be better : fe cheese, different kinds of bread, tomatoes.... Also the fact that we could take coffee was good. There also were newspapers and the internet was okay.

I wouldn't stay there again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was too hard. The parking lot runs around the building where there was very little lighting...not comfortable. Did not like that my credit card was authorized for $100 over the price of the room. Also did not like that Comfort Inn refused to apply my CAA discount. They also had no elevators....carrying my bags and cooler up 2 flights of stairs was not pleasant.

Breakfast and Wifi was included

Every thing was perfect!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was very comfortable and relaxing. It was so very well organized in every way. I will go there again. The bathroom had all of the amenities for my disabilities. This is a room with everything needed.

It was only 10 minutes drive from the zoo and I was SOOO...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wifi sucks and their breakfast room was tiny.

It was only 10 minutes drive from the zoo and I was SOOO glad of that after walking for 5 hours straight.

It is a nice and comfortable hotel.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast room is too small. It was very crowded during breakfast time. Not pleasant at all in lining up for food.

The cleanliness of the room and the hotel building. My husband enjoyed making waffles by himself for breakfast.

Average - rooms clean and comfortable but breakfast poor.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not made clear that there's no lift to second floor at time of booking. Had to carry heavy cases up 2 flights of stairs. Breakfast poor - had run out of yoghurts both mornings. Limited cereal/ bread selection especially for gluten free diet. Not enough space in breakfast rooms for the number of people there.

Beds were comfortable. Staff pleasant.

Comfort Inn Pickering overpriced.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

One room was not even ready at check-in. It was not cleaned. Were given another room. Rooms way overpriced for value. Should have been under $100 with taxes for each room. . We paid $165. Cleaning crew were rude. Toilet plugged. Overflowed on first flush. Cleaning crew were still in the hallway. Were given towels to soak up the mess ourselves. The room smelled foul all night. Were told there was no maintenance person on duty. Got absolutely nothing back on checkout. We witnessed a walk-in get a better rate. The hotel was sold out but should staff appropriately. Very disappointed. Have used this hotel many times in the past. Never at this rate and never with such poor service.

Location was good. Easy to get to.

Cheap and cheerful! Run by fantastic people. Great service.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The smoking areas were right under our windows so it was tough when other patrons took cigarette breaks, which they did often, because the smell lingered. I would suggest moving those areas away from the building.

Great people, functional rooms, adequate amenities. This location exceeded my expectations! It was cheap and cheerful.

Close to the Toronto Zoo. Clean and comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Because the hotel was so close to the 401 I could hear traffic all night. Finally, I put ear plugs and slept OK. The front desk staff were OK but one person was a bit too casual in my view. It's great to be friendly but it's still a hotel...

This hotel was clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was basic but decent. The location was convenient (right off the 401).

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything thing else was good.

The night light in the bathroom was burnt out. The breakfast room was so crowded and busy we were unable to get breakfast.

was ok. I think bookings.com should include full price with taxes included
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No pool, construction was horrible at the time. Printer was down in main lobby. Couldn't print my tickets to the venues I was taking my boys too. Continental was too short. Extend for maybe another hour would of been more beneficial to us. Wish there were microwaves included.

I liked that we were close to the ball diamonds where my son played. The beds were comfy. Housekeeping was accommodating when we needed something. Having a laundry facility was a great idea.

I would prefer some other motel next time.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room... Need to be bigger and the cleaning lady came even if ( do not disturb sign ) was on the door nob... Will we were gone for the afternoon ( how come ) room to small for two bed ... one bed would be enough.

There was no croissant... But bed was ok...

The room was very clean and the beds very comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

The room was very clean and the beds very comfortable. The breakfast was enjoyable. The staff serving the breakfast needs was superb. Very friendly and very helpful. I would recommend this hotel to any one. Very pleased with everything.

The stay was good. But our floor was loud due to people across from us complaining about their room.

I wasn't satisfied with an employee as she was confused and unsure what to do and started jumping to another customer. Another employee had to come assist her. The wait time to check in to our room was long.

I liked the options of multiple pillows!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was terrible. There needs to be more options and things need to be replenished more often. I was there for two nights and was up early at the start of breakfast hour each day, the first day they had yogurts. Not the second day. (It looked like the second day it was just left overs from the first day) There's no cream cheese. Breakfast definitely could have been better.

I liked the options of multiple pillows! They offer two hard and two soft which is awesome as this is my number one complaint with hotels usually as I struggle to find comfortable pillows on my travels. This hotel was great for pillows.

The location was good and we were on the ground floor so...

n/a

The location was good and we were on the ground floor so easy to bring our luggage etc in or out from car. close to highway. Many hotels in the area only have a shower. Having a bath tub is important to me. we did not eat there this time.

Reeked smoke
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

Smell of cigarette and it appears like this hotel may be use as a transient shelter as à Bbq, picnic tables and many cigarette buckets where present.

Bed was comfy and close location for our event

Functional accommodations for a night or two
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

The fan in the bathroom did not work, and the toilet took a long time to finish flushing. The thermometer was on the air conditioner unit, but there was no actual temperature reading or setting, so it was not very accurate, and it was trial and error to find a comfortable setting.

The location makes for easy access to Hwy 401, and there are many shops and restaurants in the vicinity. The room was equipped with a decent sized fridge and a microwave oven. Good value for a functional hotel for a day or two that is close to Toronto without being right in the city.

one reception person was fantastic the other not overly...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

one reception person was fantastic the other not overly friendly. Breakfast bar not as good as the one in Collingwood. The room was very clean and lots of room.

It was a great location off the highway and to the go...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The continental breakfast was ok, my friend has a gluten intolerance so not much of a selection for her, only oatmeal.

It was a great location off the highway and to the go station. It was very clean

It's more like a motel, simple but still clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

the location is a bit off the city, if you don't have a car it won't be easy to get to main attractions. The room aren't well isolate, you can hear people next door talking and doing their stuff. so if you have young kids like us that try to sleep while the group next door is night owls,the hotel is not for you.

It's more like a motel, simple but still clean.

Good location but dated facility. Need Air Cond. upgrade.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Air Conditioned was not blowing cold air. No Elevator to 2nd floor Facility dated Was told the final invoice would be slipped under door when I check out but nothing was there. Went to front desk but no one was there. Waiting to 10 minutes and left.

Location was good for where I needed to be.

I am really disappointed by the fact that they were two...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I am really disappointed by the fact that they were two receptionnists and no one answered my calls during half an hour despite many attempts. I add this is not a good customer experience since I was really stressed to miss the check-in time deadline supposed to be at 11 pm (while we learn afterwards that there was in fact no check-in time deadline) When we arrived there, some other people were trying to phone and the staff let the phone ring during 15 minutes annoying everybody waiting for their check-in with non stop ringing. This is a real lack of consideration.

Could improve!
    • Queen Room - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

The breakfast set-up does not offer an easy flow...it becomes chaotic. From the staff member trying to "cut in" to refill items, and guests in each others' way trying to get their food. It's too crowded. The Continental Breakfast needs to be reorganized to offer a more pleasant atmosphere. Not a great way to start a morning. Our room was quite dark unless, we opened our dark drapes eliminating any privacy.There are no light filtering sheers or blinds. Lamps are not a significant source of light. Bathroom tub is outdated, but it was clean. Very limited furniture in room... could use a coffee table, extra chair and 2nd nightstand.

The breakfast offers variety. ( mini muffins, fresh fruit, cereal, waffles, eggs, etc.)

A really good deal near Toronto.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The exercise room was pretty much unusable. There were two older treadmills and an older bike. Now much to choose from. The breakfast was disappointing, but the cereal was fine, which is all we needed.

The beds were comfortable and the facilities (shower, A/C) were good.

Clean inexpensive friendly hotel
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was plentiful but the hot selections were boring and not particularly tasty. On the plus side, they have an excellent toaster

The staff were friendly and helpful. The place was well maintained. The location was perfect for visiting Toronto - a 35 minute drive to downtown.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

The breakfast was good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It took an hour to check in, and the attendees didn't seem to know what they were doing. It took four people to check us in, for our room!! We had to ask for a receipt from our payment on room. They were not too thrilled to give us one. When checking my Master Card receipt upon arrival in the mail, we had been charged twice for our room. Therefore, l had to get it cleared thru MasterCard.

The breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Convenient Location and Good Value

Thar the fridge was unplugged. I get the saving energy part but if you know someone is coming please plug it in a few moments before.

Friendly Staff. Within vehicle proximity to everything you need. For a person from out of town with a vehicle it is very good value for your money as anything that you may need is within reach.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The fact that it was clean and all the staff acknowledge you and greet you. I have used this location a few times but this was by far my best experience.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed was hard. They're free breakfast was only from 630-930 so we missed it. And I requested a ground floor room with a sliding door and they would not accommodate that.

Not terribly impressed...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

While the staff were very accommodating and helpful, the property is not the usual quality that I've experienced in other properties of this brand. I had a very late check in (2am). The bed had a bad sag on one side and the toilet was blocked. Just needed to get to sleep and told them in the morning since I had to get up and go. Not sure what happened there and why the staff didn't catch it.

overhall it was good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room was on the second floor and on the reservation site it wasn't mentioned that there was no elevator. My husband's site is not very good therefore a little challenging. they told us that there was no room ready on the main floor. The front desk gave us the card and told us that the room was ready - we were in the room and a cleaning lady used her master pass card and came in the room????? The breakfast was very good but the space is way to small for the amount of people. The Kleenex in the room is like paper and there was no screen in the window. We were 4 in the room and there was only 1 small bar of soap for the shower.

A nice stay at Comfort Inn, Pickering
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I have the same complaint with all hotels, motels, and B&B's (it's just me). The pillows !!! I like a really firm pillow.

We noticed a leak in the bathroom (after we had unpacked our luggage and purchases made along the way) and the staff was super. They upgraded our room and even assisted us in the move. Now that's service. All the staff, front desk, cleaning & breakfast were super helpful and polite. One thing your chain has is a full breakfast with lots of choices, plus it's very good. The rooms are clean and more importantly the beds are comfortable.

My Stay at Comfort Inn
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like there is no elevator so if you have a lot of luggage you have to carry them up 2 flights of stairs there's not that much options for dinner not that much great restaurants in the location.

I like the fact that the property is quiet the staff was friendly the continental breakfast was okay.

Location was convenient
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Cleanness had problem: New check in room had toilet paper inside the bowel; mirror and ceiling of the bathroom not properly cleaned; time clock had dust on top.

Location was convenient

Location was close to people we were visiting.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

a bit of confusion at the desk when checking in: some receipts were pre authorization($160.) and another slipped under the door(135.99),I presume it will all work out on credit card. There were no discounts for seniors or CAA cards; we were told this had to be mentioned when booking on line and only if the booking was with booking.com or if we had phoned in?

Location was close to people we were visiting. The breakfast was okay and the coffee was excellent.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Clean and Comfortable
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff are very friendly and paitent. Our flight got pushed back another evening and we found Comfort inn as a last minute accomodation. Maxed our cards out on car rental and flight, luckily they take debit (with a security deposit ofcourse). Rooms we're really clean and well updated. Definitley worth the price.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Good but expensive
    • Queen Room - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

Room is very small, paid same price for another hotel we booked before but was a suite, kind of two rooms suite ( bedroom, dinind table, sofe and two tvs, one in the bedroom and one outside in front of the sofa )