Reviews of Comfort Inn Regina 3 stars

3221 Eastgate Drive, S4Z 1A4 Regina, Canada

#26 of 38 hotels in Regina

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Very pleasent, we enjoyed the breakfast, good value.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Can't really think of anything! Good job!!

We were very pleased with the facilities. When traveling in the future we will look for Comfort Inn's. I would recommend this motel to anyone!

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Great place to stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Good location if you are not looking to stay near the downtown area. Good breakfast, good rooms, and nice staff. Near a number of restaurants, malls, and stores

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Great stopping off place along the TransCanada.

Could use an elevator. Very hard to hold doors open with a bunch of luggage in your hands.

It was clean. The staff were nice. Very easy to find. Breakfast was decent. Located right next to a great Chinese buffet restaurant.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Awful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The place was so dirty! There was huge stains on the lamp and the duvet stank and there were strange marks on the mattress. Oh, and the breakfast gave me food poisoning! And there was a poo stain on the toilet seat in the room.

Good value with excellent breakfast.
    • Queen Room

Heat/air conditioning unit a bit difficult to operate. Had to use my smart phone flashlight to see controls and one was broken.

Good value with excellent breakfast.

Good, reasonably priced hotel.
    • Queen Room

Why do hotels always have duvets? They are much too hot for our liking. Anyways, the staff were great about giving us a blanket to use instead on the bed.

This is a good hotel, well run. Good breakfast and friendly staff.

Good if you are on transit.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was ok. Just everything seemed to be a little improvised. We got what we needed so everything is fine, just not perfect.

Clean rooms, some restaurant choices nearby and decent motel breakfast. Good for a night.

Our stay at the Comfort Inn
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room and bathroom were outdated, no elevator, was hard to carry our luggage to the 2nd floor. The air exchanger was very noisy, wasn't sure the toilet would flush, was very sluggish. :p The staff was not friendly at all, we were locked out of our room the second day. The mattresses didn't have any slip covers on them, just the sheet. Not very sanitary in my opinion. The Continental breakfast was not as advertised. The dinning area was VERY small. When we walked into the lobby, we noticed a strong odor in the entrance and carried through to the hallways. Even the room didn't smell very clean.

The beds and pillows were comfortable.

Breakfast was until 11:00.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Air conditioner was broken. Only one toaster at breakfast, with line up. Dirty air vents. I heard cats meowing most of the night

Breakfast was until 11:00. Location.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Not again,
    • Queen Room - Ground Floor

Front desk staff members,,, she was kinda rude when we wanted to check in. When we booked it, I asked for a certain time to check in, and because of a full hotel the previous evening, she said no , not for about another 3-4 hours.

Would definitely stay there again
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Ground Floor

Overall it was pretty clean except there was a stain on the couch.

Great hotel for the price. The bed was very comfortable and clean. It's in a good location as well

That the rooms were clean and the beds were comfy and a...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

That the hotel didn’t have a elevator and we had tu lug all of our luggage up the steps to get to our room on the second floor. Also the fact that we had free breakfeast included but they failed to mention at the front desk from what hour it opens and closes & it completely slipped our mind to ask since we arrived at 1h30 in the morning.

That the rooms were clean and the beds were comfy and a quiet aera compared to the first hotel we had recently in regina.

Room a/c wouldn't turn off.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room a/c wouldn't turn off. Room was freezing. Our other room smelt like fish and was really hard to sleep with the smell we even kept window open all night. The beds were also too hard we all woke up with bad backs. Also not enough room in food area for everyone to sit and eat.

The room that we were first allocated smelt heavily of smoke.

The room that we were first allocated smelt heavily of smoke. But, when we requested a room change there was no issues and it was completed very quickly. Great walking track nearby as well

Beds were super comfortable.
    • King Suite

Breakfast was raved about. I was disappointed. One morning there was no coffee and hot food was empty for at least 20 minutes.

Beds were super comfortable.

The property was very close to the event I was attending.
    • Queen Room

The breakfast room was crowded and the eggs were the 'powdered eggs' that taste so awfull.

The property was very close to the event I was attending.

Continental breakfast was very good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No elevator to 2nd floor and carpets should be replaced. Older motel with outdated fixtures and low ceilings.

Continental breakfast was very good. Staff was very courteous.

hot breakfast, comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was nice applicable for the value of money. when I open the toilet bowl there was a black dirt ,it was like dried liquid on top of the toliet seat that needs to be clean.

very nice location. excellent breakfast.

Good value, comfortanle stay
    • Queen Room

Very good value, nice room, comfortable. Lots of variety for breakfast if you don't have any food sensitivities. I am gluten free so I was restricted. The hashbrowns were not cooked well, I think they were cooked in a oven so mushy more than crisp.

On last hotel stop before reaching home and one of the best
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No complaints. The room was clean and the bathroom was clean which is very important to me. Some hotel bathrooms on our travels have been very dirty

The staff was very helpful. We were given a main level room because we were traveling with my 81 year old mother. They thought of this which is considerate because she could not have walked the stairs. The person in charge of the breakfast area was so on top of it. This is something we haven’t seen at any other hotel.

An enjoyable stay in an easy to access location.

Can't thank of anything

Location was convenient for us. Bed and room comfortable. Internet available. Close to restaurants and also some near by geocaches. That's always a bonus for us!

Super great night, thank you

No cons

Clean,nice size, 2 comfy double beds, air conditioner,fridge, microwave, coffee maker, luggage rack,plug ins on lamp great for charging your phone, proper amount of towels, night light in bathroom. Hair dryer, buffet breakfast had lots of variety Great customer service, Would recommend this motel

Comfortable bed .
    • Queen Room

We couldn’t get the coffee maker to work so it was good that there was the complimentary breakfast provided

Comfortable bed . Liked having a microwave and fridge. Needed those for snacks.

An amazing place to stay for your money!
    • Queen Room

We were going to be checking in late, around 10:30pm, and I tried calling the hotel 5 times the day of our arrival to inform them of this and no one answered the phone. I tried following up when we arrived and they kept diverting the question. There were also a few stains on some of our towels.

We were presently surprised with both the size of the room and the bed. The breakfast was also great, I was not expecting a hot breakfast including eggs and waffles.

Very accommodating
    • Queen Room

I had requested handicap parking and a room close to the entrance, for less walking. They did one better. We got a room designed for wheelchair access and the parking was right outside the patio doors. Breakfast was also good

The hotel was quiet ,no outside noise which was appreciated as the stay was for medical reasons.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No regular coffee which we were told was available in the cafeteria,not a big deal though.

Food was good,nice variety.Lady in kitchen very nice,friendly and helpful.when staff offered a main floor room when I said I couldn't do stairs for 24 hours they had no problem changing the room.

Overall I was very pleased with the stay.
    • Queen Room

There were a few days where the bathroom supplies should have been replaced. There was a conference in town so it was extremely busy. Getting to the university was difficult by the transit in Regina ( it would have taken too long) so taxis were a necessity. More variety in the breakfast fruits and muffins (more home baked style).

Room was a very good size and bed was very comfortable. Staff were very helpful and friendly. I was on the second floor and there are two small stair levels. I was assisted with my luggage upon arriving. I had asked for a quiet room and was accommodated. There was a large conference in town so taxis were difficult to get even if pre- booked. On my last day there’s was trouble with getting one to take me to the airport and the staff person advocated for me. The manager said that if she had brought her car that day she would have driven me. In the end one came and all was well and I was on time. Close to a place to buy some groceries and wine etc...

Simple. Clean. Great place to crash at the end of a long day.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

For my purposes, it was a bit far from the University but that is due to my poor research.

Staff were wonderful. Simple place to stay. Lots of nearby restaurants and shops.

Would be glad to utilize it again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

relatively poor location as back around behind

Staff very personable , very much appreciated being shifted to a ground floor and access to vehicle through patio doors as wife suffers from polymyalgia. Breakfast was second to very few . room was well cleaned

Very comfortable beds, desk chair also comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

Very comfortable beds, desk chair also comfortable. Easy access to outlets for computer, etc. everything looked new, clean. Better than I expected. Breakfast very convenient.

Good selection of breakfast items, hot and cold.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

We had a ground floor unit which was very convenient but the sliding door was very difficult to open and close.

Good selection of breakfast items, hot and cold.

The 2 bed room was clean, however, the breakfast was not...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The 2 bed room was clean, however, the breakfast was not good at all. They could put some effort on it. It does not have elevator so it is hard to get to the second floor when you have heavy luggage.

Very nice for a couple staying a short time.
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Ground Floor

Room, bathroom and breakfast room a bit small but typical of hotels in this price range.

This hotel gives you great value for the money. Nice selection of breakfast items.

The Hotel was nice but I wouldn't stay there again because to the pet thing
    • Queen Room

This is a Pet friendly Hotel I don't care how clean you make it dogs smell is still there The Breakfast area was very small and the food wasn't great

The Bed was OK the room was a little small with one queen bed and on double bed

Decent value for your money and friendly staff. Rooms were more than adequate for the price point.
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Ground Floor

I didn't think that advertising the ground floor rooms for their easy outside access and charging extra for it was that honest. You couldn't use the sliding glass doors as a legitimate access, since you couldn't lock it when leaving. It would really only be beneficial for checking in/out. Lack of thermostat control for AC unit meant you had to adjust it a few times per day. When I reported that my TV wasn't HDMI compatible, I was told they weren't allowed to switch sets. I asked for and got another room that did have an HDMI compatible set. I don't know where they found modern flat screens w/o working HDMI, but they must have got them cheap.

What can i say was a great stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were surprised and pleased that one of the breakfast choices was bacon eggs and hash browns The rooms were clean and tidy. They leave you with a choice of soft and medium pillows.

It was comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

I could hear the people next door. I never got a call back on items I left in the room. Its money still spent on what I needed.

It was comfortable. Good location.

It was ok
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pet Friendly

Online i was under the impression that I didn’t need a credit card to book in.. I arrive late after a 3hour drive and they don’t accept the debit/visa.... normally I am charged an extra $200 on my card which I get back when I check out ... needed to call family, they won’t accept a credit card over phone they had to leave their farm to print off some stuff and send it back... ridiculous!! If it hadn’t been late and I hadn’t been so tired I would’ve stayed somewhere else.

Very comfortable and clean

I received excellent customer service. Would stay there again and recommend it to others.
    • Queen Room

The phone in my room did not work. Kind of a safety issue don’t you think?

The front desk staff went above and beyond for me and the breakfast room and cleaning staff were great. The breakfast was excellent. PS. I’m the one that arrived at 5 am.

Clean and good price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Sink was plugged, tub tap dripped, room temp would go below 76 and second night stay kids in hallways and outside were noisy until midnight

Clean and good price

Felt sick after the chinese buffet next door and couldn't sleep well because of that& noisy bedding.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bedding was too crisp and noisy, the eggs were awful and rubbery, could have had a bigger dining area for breakfast

The price, and complimentary breakfast, small fridge in the room (even though we didn't use it), coffee available and cable tv .

Comfy and clean

The fan for the heater was always on. It was a little loud, but ypu get used to it. And if you slept in the bed next to that you got a little chilly from the air constantly blowing until the heat turned on.

Beds were very comfy and i liked that the bathroom had extra supplies stashed neatly in the bathroom.

Not satisfied
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Ground Floor

We did not like the cleanliness or comfort of our room . The patio doors were broken . The staff at breakfast were unsanitary with many things including handly the food

Nice hotel and breakfast for a good price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast room very warm. Suspect from the heat from the waffle maker etc. Beds were ok but not the most comfortable. All else very good value for the price. A pleasant stay.

Clean upgrade décor. Nice breakfast. Pleasant staff.

Overall it was decent, we would stay here again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Walls are really thin so you heard everything, got woken up quite early. Shower head was crappy. Rooms are small but good enough.

Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable. Breakfast was good enough.

The room was very filthy!!! Never again would I stay there!!!
    • Queen Room

The bed skirting has large white spots on it. The tub was not cleaned properly, there was many short hairs in the corners of the tub as well as the floor between the tub and toilet. The coffee pot looked like it was wiped with a dirty cloth!!!! There was dirty stain marks on the cushions of the couch!!!! The carpet looked very dirty!!! Not happy at all!!! Also it does not have an elevator????

overall it was clean and comfortable
    • Queen Room

drain plug in the tub would not stay down able to shower only. plug in the sink also staying down wouldnt allow it to drain. ( room 211 ) The only pop machine available was out of order and couldnt get a pop to mix a drink had to drive to a service station to get a pop. I stayed here a few weeks ago and it was really good I thought. Thats why I stayed there again.

Price, breakfast, and the staff were good.

The hotel was comfortable, convenient and good value.
    • Queen Room

The breakfast room is very small for the number of guests that the hotel can accommodate. On one of the mornings of our stay, a large party of teenage schoolgirls decided to have breakfast at the same time as us. The consequence was that there was nowhere to sit, and food items disappeared quicker than the staff could replenish them.

The room was comfortable and well-equipped. The breakfast was excellent (with the qualification mentioned above).

Great staff helpful when needed great breakfast
    • Queen Room

An elevator would be helpful difficult hauling luggage up as seniors

Bed very comfortable cashier helpful carrying up luggage when asked An elevator would be helpful

Would stay there again
    • Queen Room

Television needed replacing (was quite fuzzy). Sink did not drain well. Would have appreciated basic exercise equipment.

Breakfasts were super - variety, quality. Staff was helpful and friendly. Property was clean and tidy and well maintained. Location was close to other amenities -stores, restaurants, etc . Appreciated daily newspaper in lobby

The morning check out person not friendly at all, didnt like...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The morning check out person not friendly at all, didnt like that i could hear the next rooms tv playing at all hours of the night, when the doors close they are very loud so overall not the best sleep

Parking was good, access was good.
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Ground Floor

Booked a queen room, the bed did not seem like a queen. Seemed like it was just a double bed. Arrangement of room not well set out. No nightstand or plug ins on one side of bed. Stand alone closet placed next to bed in corner not convenient.

Parking was good, access was good. Very close to many restaurants as well as Tim Hortons and McDonalds within the same block.

A Restful Nights Sleep

Nothing !

The scrambled eggs where great fluffy not slimy like some other places and this time they had ham I like there usual sausage patties too ! But this time they didn't have any philly cream cheese ! This property was great a large group of kids and coaches entered this property . thank goodness the staff had put us in a quite room ! No problems !

We got the job done, and the staff truely made our weekend great!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that they tried to be "Eco" friendly and have a linen/towel change every three days.. BUT the housekeepers were amazing and aleays asked if we needed anything so that makes up for it! The continental breakfast wasn't great.. There was almost never anything left when I came down (at about 45 minutes to closing)

The staff were all very pleasant! And very efficient! Rooms had good size and had lots of things to accommodate us (coffee maker, fridge, etc) The area the building was located in was prime and the staff was informative! And I love that pets were welcome!

Good value, clean and helpful staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no record of our reservation at the hotel even though we had confirmation through booking.com. The staff were helpful and honoured the price and luckily they had room for us.

Parking was good, however the lot could've been cleared after the big snowfall overnight. We left around 11am and had to push ourselves out.

I was comfortable. Easy access to whatever we needed in the area
    • Queen Room

Husband said breakfast was a little dry.. like eggs.. But would stay there again

Very friendly staff. In was able to get a discount booking online. Loved that part..

Clean room, good parking lot nice staff.
    • Queen Room

In our second day in the room on a Saturday afternoon they start to fix something in the room next to us, really noise for about one hour, we just decide to go outside to grab something to eat since was impossible to stay in the room for a good relax.

When I got at the hotel to do my check in for my surprise was no reservation on in my name however the attendant was really nice and helpful to figure out and fix the situation. Room well clean and parking lot good.

Nice hotel, but NO ELEVATOR! 3/5.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

2 floors. NO ELEVATOR. Travelling with 2 children (1 and 3) while being 39 weeks pregnant. NOWHERE did it say there was no elevator available. Made it incredibly difficult to move around, huge inconvenience.

It was nice to have a hotel that didn't stink like over saturated cleaner chemicals in the hallways and the sheets didn't stifle you with a bleach smell. The breakfast was also a big + it's convenient to just grab something quick for the kids before heading out :)

Good for a snooze and the staff will treat you right.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The walls are thin. You can hear noise in the hallway...in your neighbors bathrooms and rooms...i heard people talking outside when i was laying in bed. Im not kidding. You'll need some ambient noise in your room to drown that out. Theres no elevator.

The lady working in the breakfast area was so friendly and kind. Great job. (Monday morning) Front desk staff were great too. Price was right. Bed was comfy. Room was clean and the heater worked great.

Trans Canada stop
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

If you needed to go upstairs. You had to walk down hallway to use the stairs to walk all the way down the hall to get to your room making a huge U. Its not horrible. But after driving for 12 hours it was a lot more walking than I wanted to do.

Well maintained and clean

Very friendly atmosphere and courteous
    • Queen Room

Could smell a very strong smell of either fried onions or curry spice in the hallway by our room but the front desk gentleman went a sprayed a deodorizer which helped some

Very friendly atmosphere and courteous

Overall a good experience.
    • Queen Room

Some mix-up with my reservation was made too complicated & lengthy.

Location: on Trans-Canada with lots of restaurants, etc. Good hot breakfast & area kept well stocked & clean. Good internet access.

The breakfast

Breakfast was so so but the room was very good, the location is good, parking in front of our room was a plus for me because I have bad legs and the closest the better. The price cannot complain for the type of the room we got. All together we had an excellent stay.

Location;
    • Queen Room

Location; ease of access off main thoroughfare; efficient & friendly staff; parking for larger vehicles; recently renovated rooms yet still at 'old-fashioned' rates ;-)

Better values around Do not pay full price
    • Queen Room - Ground Floor

Ridiculous pet charge. Single queen room too expensive couch and bed skirt dusty, old and and dirty. No free WiFi in rooms

Set back from highway. Nice breakfast

Not so secure
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A little big worry for my security and my family. At 3am people were fighting in the corridor and i heard a guy crying for help many times. Really not the kibd of things we were expexting and i don't think we will go back to this place just for that. It's a shame because everything is really clean. But security comes first.

Clean and good breakfast

well worth the price we paid
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

room on second level stairs a bit of a problem for old folks

clean room and comfortable bed great breakfast with nice variety of food and beverages

Loved having breakfast, rooms were clean & comfy, with a...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Reception was friendly during the day but the evening shift lady was not so pleasant. Tv's were old and fuzzy.

Loved having breakfast, rooms were clean & comfy, with a microwave & fridge.

The shower was not adjustable and was so horrible we could...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The shower was not adjustable and was so horrible we could not shower in comfort so we had to have a bath instead. We needed a cot but couldn't use one because it wouldn't fit in the room.

Visible staff were friendly, cleaning staff missed a simple check point.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Toilet paper roll was empty. There was an extra roll available, but the missing of such a simple detail makes me wonder what else was missed. I had a lot of baggage and it was difficult to get it all up the stairs and to my room.

Free breakfast.
    • Queen Room

Free breakfast. Most was great with exception of hot meal. Was a round fried egg thing and round sausage. Both indistinguishable as egg or meat. Otherwise other choices fine

An OK stay despite a few glitches.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bad problems with room card reader, could not get into our room multiple times and had to consistently get pass card recoded. Very frustrating. Never got breakfast one day, breakfast period ended earlier during the weekday and missed getting there in time.

Comfortable and clean, newly remodeled

HORRIBLE. BREAKFAST WAS AWFUL. GET A TOASTER THAT WORKS!!!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No chair in the room. Had to get a chair from the breakfast room. Never ever stayed in a place where the towels changed every 3 days. Cleaning staff not very good. In 5 days we only got water glasses 3 times. Asked for a room on ground floor or close to an elevator. Got a second floor room with no elevator. We both have trouble climbing stairs and would have booked somewhere else if we had been told there was no elevator.

not much of anything

Good stay, would stay again. Good value
    • King Suite

Breakfast area a little disorganized, slow appliances, people waiting for waffles, toast, others trying to get around them, just awkward. Food good though.

Clean room, good mattress, nice covers on bed, nice room layout

there was a cockroach in the room.
    • Queen Room

there was a cockroach in the room. When I told the front desk about it, he said,“oh it is because of the weather, they just want somewhere warm.” Ok, I guess I have paid some fees for bugs just to get warm. very disappointed and not satisfied at all.