Reviews of Comfort Inn Sault Ste. Marie 3 stars

333 Great Northern Road, P6B 4Z8 Sault Ste. Marie, Canada

#14 of 25 hotels in Sault Ste. Marie

Stay was Ok but if there are dump trucks in the front car park, get a room at the back of the hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Overall the stay was fine, now I did see the 6 dumper trucks parked in the car lot outside my window when I booked in but at 6am when they all started their engines to warm the cabs up and allow them to do what they had to do I was awake, so much for a long lie. Maybe the hotel management should get the workers who use this hotel to park their trucks in the store behind the hotel so it doesn't wake the paying guests.

The location of the hotel is on the main road into the city, staff were friendly and room was clean.

Cross Canada travel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Hotel/Bank practice of holding a deposit for a couple of days after the room has been paid for by immediate payment. (Debit) This tying up available credit on my credit card has an accumulative affect which reduces my line of credit.

Quick check in. Good Location

Homeward bound
    • Standard Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Second Floor

The room was stuffy and opening the window did not really help

Great location as we were traveling home so we had easy access to the highway for home. Good breakfast with some nice choices.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Great option when passing through the Soo
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Nothing to dislike. No frills hotel, but very clean and comfy. Met my expectations exactly.

Lovely greeting and reception, quick check-in. Room was tidy and there was lots of free parking on-site. Breakfast in the morning was great - lots of options for us and the server kept supplies fresh and tables clean. I was impressed that they had a fitness room, though it closed at 10pm. A great option if you're passing through!

Very enjoyable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

The hotel was clean and comfortable the staff were excellent and went out of their way to make sure you were taken care of especially at breakfast. We missed the closing time for breakfast as it change from the day before (Sunday) but were well taken care of and had a very entertaining time with the staff (thank you)

Good value for the money we have paid.
    • Standard Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Second Floor

It is the calm place to stay nevertheless there is a Walmart nearby. The personnel is welcomed and ready to help. There is a lot of places to visit nearby.

The hotel does not have elevator.
    • Standard Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Second Floor

The hotel does not have elevator. Since we had some luggage, it was hard to take them upstairs. We requested ground floor, thus we have to pay extra money.

It is a comfortable place to stay.
    • Standard Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Ground Floor

The individual at the desk was very friendly plus we were surprise to reacquaint ourself with the lady working at the bread & breakfast. What a surprise!!

Excellent...really nice.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Second Floor

Nothing really... I am not sure if the scrambled eggs that were served are real. Could they be powdered? The coffee/tea cups are really small...and luke warm at best...otherwise it was all amazing...

I was very pleased with the updated room. The value was excellent for the money.

Friendly staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

It's a bit old, tried to turn on the heat and a burning smell came out of the heater so had to turn it off right away

Friendly staff. It's reasonably clean and location is just awesome

Shower didn't work and tub wouldn't hold water.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Shower didn't work and tub wouldn't hold water. They offered to let us pack up our room and have a shower and pack again. We didn't have time for that. We paid a lot of money to not be able to use the facilities.

We enjoyed are stay

See above

We would have liked big pillows not those little one otherwise your score would have been 100 per cent. Excellent service from staff at the desk we arrived earlier than expected and was allowed into our room this was deeply appreciate.

Good stay, but pricey
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Too expensive. Price increased as night went on. Additional fees with booking.com

Friendly staff. Awesome breakfast lady. All you can eat hot breakfast.

I did find the room wasn't as clean as I would have...
    • Standard Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Ground Floor

Street was a bit too busy and no elavator.

I did find the room wasn't as clean as I would have liked, bathroom had hair on the faucet and counter, as well the desk and fridge area were quite dusty.

Just stayed overnite and it was very good
    • Standard Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Second Floor

We did not stay for breakfast because we left at 6 and it started at 7 but that was fine. This property has been recently updated and we were pleasantly surpised

Very clean, wonderful staff - but very uncomfortable beds.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

The beds at the "comfort" inns in Ontario (London, Sudbury, Sault Ste. Marie) are not comfortable at all. They are far too hard and very difficult to fall asleep on!

The facility had a room availability on the same day I was traveling.

Very pleasant and helpful staff.
    • Standard Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Second Floor

Room a big smelly! We had a pet friendly room so expect it may have been previous guest's pet.

Very pleasant and helpful staff. Convenience of being able to unload car into room and to leave room for taking the dog in and out. Bed comfortable. Would stay here again.

Staff was helpful.
    • Standard Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Second Floor

I resent having to pay through "tourism levy", since I'm not a tourist. Is this a corporate money grab?

Staff was helpful. Facilities were very good.

Grandma Judy at the breakfast bar was the highlight of our...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Second Floor

The fridge in our room made some clicking sounds that made it hard for me to sleep. The toilet did not flush properly.

Grandma Judy at the breakfast bar was the highlight of our whole trip.

Disappointment
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

We were told it was a non smoking room but as we walked into the room it had a strong smoking smell all over. As we walked out to the patio we saw a tall waste container with a metal dish on top with obvious used cigarette stubs in it and it was right beside the door.

The lady at Breakfast was entertaining and very friendly.

Surprisingly great stay.

That my room sliding door opened out onto a communal area. Didn't feel very secure, and felt I had to leave my curtains closed the entire time.

Lovely lady in charge of the breakfast buffet.

Just a good hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

Needed to be close to Sault College so excellent location for that however to go for a walk is not the prettiest. Very busy location with tons of traffic. To far to walk to downtown.

Just a good hotel. Very busy location on the main thoroughfare in SSM. Nothing to complain about but also nothing to brag about. Just a decent hotel for a decent price. Decent breakfast, service as you may expect.

Relaxing stay after a hard day's drive.
    • Standard Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Ground Floor

The beds were a little hard and I couldn't plug the sink because the plunger wasn't working.

Conveniently located on the Great Northern Road which is the main hwy it was close to major restaurants. There was a laundry facility nearby as well as a Canadian Tire and a pharmacy for those just in case items you may need. The breakfast the next morning was wonderful. It provided options both hot and cold as well as juice and tea or coffee. If you are travelling with a pet the ground floor rooms with sliding outside doors are wonderful for taking them outside with a minimum of hassle. For those travellers that have medical appliances that need to be plugged in at night you may need have an extension cord. There was no plug in on my side of the bed so luckily my husband had brought an extension cord with us that allowed me to use my cpap machine. He had a plug conveniently located in the base of the lamp on his side of the bed so that was very handy.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Great stay
    • Standard Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Second Floor

Best "hot breakfast included" breakfast so far. Staff was very good in helping us with one of our party with mobility problems (uses walker)

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Comfortable place to sleep in close proximity to restaurants.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Second Floor

The rooms numbers are crazy on the second floor. There are no direction signs because they could not possible make sense unless they renumbered the rooms! Take a look at the photo to see where are room was (222) in comparison to 221 and 223. We kept getting lost in one hallway!

This is another older Comfort Inn that has been updated. Beds seemed fairly new and comfortable. We have been on the road for over a week now, so we appreciated being close to a grocery store to find some healthy dinner selections. Breakfast was good. Grandma Judy who keeps an eye on the breakfast area is very bubbly in the morning and greeted everyone with a big smile! Such a sweetie! As always, I love the make your own waffles, coffee and fruit. I love the consistency from stay to stay across the country.

WORST WORST WORST !!! They don't deserve any STAR at all, who gave them 3 STARS ??????
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Whole hotel need to be demolished and rebuilt to develop their quality or service. They don't deserve any STAR at all, who gave them 3 STARS??????

They don't deserve any STAR at all, who gave them 3 STARS?????? Worst hotel stay in my life. Started at front desk; Front desk staff tried to help another gentle man to find a hotel in the city, but I was waiting in the line for 1bout 20 minutes, helping people is great but that could be done after serving customers with confirmed booking, especially after mid-night. Room cleaning was WORST WORST WORST; lady in breakfast area was RUDE; I requested to make some new eggs for my family (3 people) and that's what I do always in all hotels, as we are allergic to pork and they keep eggs and pork on same pot side by side; I always got that service in all other hotels in more than 25 big cities in North America, this is the first time I got refused and in a RUDE way. It was my first stay in Comfort Inn and of course LAST.

Staff was there to greet one with a smile.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Breakfast food quality was poor. No concerns to Diabetic diet restrictions, The selection of food reflected all processed items, save the white bread

Staff was there to greet one with a smile. Also when I had a concern about the level of heat in the room, the staff were quick to help rectify the situation

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Not a 1st or even 2nd choice in Soo
    • Standard Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Second Floor

The heavy set blond woman working breakfast on Sunday, Feb 19 was very rude and unhelpful.

Greeted by a super friendly front desk staff late at night on Friday Feb 18 . Appreciated her a lot!

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Cold room upon arrival is not welcoming.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

The heating/air conditioning unit was old and located in a dark location. We arrived to a freezing cold room and could not see where to turn the unit controls. There were only two small lamps located between our beds. Please add a lamp at the unit and turn up the heat before guests arrive!

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Long drive. Bad weather. Great rest!
    • Standard Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Second Floor

the snow and cold... but there's not much you can do about that... is there?

excellent service. friendly staff. wonderful breakfast. comfy bed. what's not to like???

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

The lady serving breakfast was cheerful and an absolute...
    • Standard Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Ground Floor

The lady serving breakfast was cheerful and an absolute delete. Loved the extras given for breakfast to help send us on our way. The desk service rep was very delightful. Loved the patio access door from my vehicle and was nice to be able to just step out for a smoke.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Great place to stay

Cramped parking

The breakfast was great, visitors shared tables as breakfast nook was a bit small. However, it was comfy. The room was spacious and the beds were very comfortable after an exciting day of visiting friends and going to Tahquamanan Falls. Would definitely go back.

I love the attendant in the breakfast area in the AM.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

I love the attendant in the breakfast area in the AM. She was a delight and really set the mood for a fantastic day.

Decent value for what we paid
    • Standard Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Second Floor

The breakfast was lame and the eating area was much too small to accommodate guests. Fitness room was a joke.

Room was clean and bed was comfortable.

great place to stay going around SSM

great place to stay going around SSM

It was pleasant and cost effective
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Bed was harder than usual

The breakfast was nice...fresh and hot

it is ok for one night stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

internet was not great, no elevator

clean bathroom

Correct place for families
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

We were at the 2nd floor, and it wasn’t any elevator, so it was more difficult with the luggage.

The stuff a the place are very nice.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

The room

The room

nice place.

noisy aircon

cpmfortability

Great value and friendly staff!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Second Floor

Nice clean property, great breakfast and the staff were super friendly. Good location too!

Ok for one night
    • Standard Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Second Floor

Old, uncomfortable bed, dark room

Close to highways, stores

Breakfast Lady Gramma Judy was outstanding.
    • Standard Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Second Floor

Being stuck in a room farthest away from the stairs while it was obvious closer ones where available.

Breakfast Lady Gramma Judy was outstanding.

very nice place good breakfast
    • Standard Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Second Floor

bed was comfy, having patio access was so nice as I have a difficult time getting around and the variety of items for breakfast was awesome

Close to hwy

Close to hwy

Really friendly staff, surprisingly good breakfast selection...
    • Standard Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Second Floor

Really friendly staff, surprisingly good breakfast selection for the hotel's size. Great value for money.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Second Floor

Great location. Restaurants all around.

Was a short stay but a good stay Just could improve on the breakfast

Breakfast could be better

The breakfast was great would stay again for that reason
    • Standard Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Second Floor

The bed was crap to hard

Nice and quiet at night

Excellent place to stay if you get a good deal on the price.

All is great!

A great breakfast with two different waffle flavors.

It's OK

It's OK

Met my needs.

Satisfied.

Very satisfied.

The location was perfect with all the restaurants that we like close by

The Shaw direct was terrible service. Tv was shutting down every 5 minutes

We didn’t eat there but vary happy and the girls were excellent

Great stay

Great for a night stay

Great place to stay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Second Floor

Beds not the most comfortable

Staff was very pleasent The smell of bacon was a nice surprise in the morning for the breakfast

Will stay here again - my favourite place in the soo!
    • Standard Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Second Floor

Pleasant people, nice homey atmosphere, good accommodation, excellent breakfast

Comfortable Comfort
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Second Floor

The location is really convenient. The room is very clean.

Comfortable and friendly
    • Standard Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Second Floor

The policy of not changing sheets for 3 days is too long for the price, our sheets never were changed.

Good

No elevators

Friendly staff

Comfortable and close to stores, restaurants and downtown.

Traffic noise.

Staff is exceptional. Everyone is extremely helpful. Very clean and homey. Love Judy in the morning.

The room had a musty smell to it .
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

The room had a musty smell to it . Breakfast area was kind of small .

Comfortable
    • Standard Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Second Floor

Bacon container was empty when we arrived for breakfast...had been all taken.not refilled while we were eating.

Okay

We found it okay

It stank noises and fair on toilet

It stank noises and fair on toilet

Restful
    • Standard Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Ground Floor

More info about places to eat.

Breakfast was great. Taller toilet should be in all rooms.

Awesome Breakfest, smile stuff, comfortable bed

Cleanliness

Not much cleanliness room smelled bad

Would recommend to friends
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Big clean rooms and breakfast was a good spread. Courteous staff

Well situated near everything
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Second Floor

Beds need to be changed, patio door old and hard to open

Well situated near everything

Excellent place. Go there.
    • Standard Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Second Floor

everything was pleasingly done; well equipped; clean

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

The sausage did not taste good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

See above. It would be nice if all Comfort Inns would put 2 chairs in the rooms.

The sausage did not taste good. They need to change brand.

Great location fir travelling on the transcanada
    • Standard Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Second Floor

Friendly staff great location good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Overall was a pleasant stay with friendly staff

everything was good

Great continental breakfast with good hours